PDA

View Full Version : Love fouled on final shot, no call

Inferno
12-30-2013, 11:44 PM
Down 2, Love went for 3, and this happened:

http://i.imgur.com/Ecvmr71.gif

No foul called. Debate away. Was it a foul?

04mzwach
12-31-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm pissed. The refs, I just hate them. They were looking right at the play. They're complete idiots. They had done this type of thing during the game more than just the last shot too, but it was the worst obviously. Corruption? I don't know. It bugs me though.

FireDavidKahn
12-31-2013, 12:09 AM
Refs: "FOUL! Errr wait this is Minnesota? Marion had all ball, no foul."

Rake2204
12-31-2013, 12:11 AM
That's a bummer. An official sitting to the direct left and right of the play. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdgssaOlfA

Spaulding
12-31-2013, 12:12 AM
Ya I really don't understand the no call. 2 refs were right there. 1 checks feet to make sure its a 2 or 3 and the other ref should have been looking for the foul.

Refs have made a couple big mistakes recently. At least what i have seen. Bake being thrown out and this shot here. Sadly game is over. Nothing we can do. Wolves just gotta do a better job of not putting themselves in that position in the first place.

04mzwach
12-31-2013, 12:13 AM
Everybody knew it was a foul. Love knew it. Every player on each team knew it. The crowd knew it. The announcers knew it. The coaches knew it. Man, it's sad.

no pun intended
12-31-2013, 12:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVjf18427DQ

):

Levity
12-31-2013, 12:16 AM
that turrrrble

and tomorrow, the nba will make a formal apology. seems to happen once or twice a season. i can understand that this is a hard call for a ref to make though, (even though this was an obvious foul and every twolves fan should be pissed) due to the fact that any call at the last second of the game will have definitive consequences for either team.

BGriffin's Dad
12-31-2013, 12:18 AM
not every big can have handles like Griffin

but Love shouldn't get rewarded with free throws for his subpar handles

Rake2204
12-31-2013, 12:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVjf18427DQ

):I think those announcers are correct. It takes courage for an official to make that call in the final seconds. I'd guess those two tonight were worried about the consequences if they were to have called a foul when it actually was not. They should have that courage though. It's what they're paid to do.

04mzwach
12-31-2013, 12:20 AM
not every big can have handles like Griffin

but Love shouldn't get rewarded with free throws for his subpar handles
Not everybody can shoot like Love, especially not Griffin but that doesn't mean he can't be #2

BGriffin's Dad
12-31-2013, 12:24 AM
Not everybody can shoot like Love, especially not Griffin but that doesn't mean he can't be #2

Griffin has too high of a bball IQ than to go for a contested 3 down by 2

Love is a PF (supposedly), not a chucking guard... play like one

Derka
12-31-2013, 12:28 AM
Yeah, that's a foul.

CANT BE DECIDING GAMES AT DA LINE DOE :rolleyes:

KyrieTheFuture
12-31-2013, 12:36 AM
This is why we need two less timeouts and two coaching challenges.

dirkdiggler41
12-31-2013, 12:41 AM
Looks like a foul to me. Found this one NBA.com, but I still would consider it a fould,

Marginal/Incidental Contact:
While some contact may occur during a game, it does not mean a foul has been committed. Contact which is incidental to an effort by a player to play an opponent or to perform normal defensive or offensive movements should not be considered illegal. Players are allowed normal body contact with opponents when reaching for a loose ball if they both have the same opportunity to get the ball. This type of play shall be ruled incidental if neither illegally gains an advantage. The hand is considered “Part of the ball” when it is in contact with the ball. It is not a foul if a defensive player makes normal contact with a players hand when it is in contact with the ball.

russwest0
12-31-2013, 12:41 AM
I'm pissed. The refs, I just hate them. They were looking right at the play. They're complete idiots. They had done this type of thing during the game more than just the last shot too, but it was the worst obviously. Corruption? I don't know. It bugs me though.

I remember when this shit happened to Durant on a game tying shot in game 2 of the finals... the ref was literally inches away... I was beyond pissed.

eriX
12-31-2013, 12:44 AM
[QUOTE=dirkdiggler41]Looks like a foul to me. Found this one NBA.com, but I still would consider it a fould,

Marginal/Incidental Contact:
While some contact may occur during a game, it does not mean a foul has been committed. Contact which is incidental to an effort by a player to play an opponent or to perform normal defensive or offensive movements should not be considered illegal. Players are allowed normal body contact with opponents when reaching for a loose ball if they both have the same opportunity to get the ball. This type of play shall be ruled incidental if neither illegally gains an advantage. [B]The hand is considered

lakerspng
12-31-2013, 12:45 AM
pretty clearly a foul. the whole well it's in the last minute of a game BS is nonsense. A foul impedes a player's ability to hit a shot whether it's the first minute or the 47th and it should be officiated as such. the defensive player should not gain an additional bonus hack in the last few seconds, because it achieves the exact same thing which people protest it should not do: allow a call/non call to effect the outcome of the game.

Droid101
12-31-2013, 12:52 AM
The league will apologize and say it should have been a foul tomorrow, because you know, that totally makes it okay.

russwest0
12-31-2013, 12:53 AM
The league will apologize and say it should have been a foul tomorrow, because you know, that totally makes it okay.

They literally only do that when it's against the Lakers, Heat, Clippers or some team like that.

kurt_rambis
12-31-2013, 02:01 AM
That's a bummer. An official sitting to the direct left and right of the play. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdgssaOlfA
looked like a foul to me too, but the phantom cam at 0:42 puts some doubt into my mind. it's the clearest angle, and it seemed like marion got A LOT of ball

alec613
12-31-2013, 02:07 AM

homer commentating

ProfessorMurder
12-31-2013, 02:50 AM
His stats are empty because he didn't win the game at the line.

MavsSuperFan
12-31-2013, 02:57 AM
This game is where the empty stats label comes from.

look at loves line tonight

36 points on 14 of 24 shooting 11 rebounds 4 assists

and they still lose. To a team that although I love, is not a contender.

Edit: it was an obvious foul, but the game shouldnt have been that close, if as some people say love is an elite player or even as good as his stats suggest.

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:22 AM
That play was NOT a foul:

Incidental Contact: The mere fact that contact occurs does not mean a foul has been committed. Players are allowed to contact other players when reaching for a loose ball, or when performing normal offensive and defensive movements. [B]The hand is considered

bdreason
12-31-2013, 03:23 AM
Guy got hacked. Terrible no call.

talkingconch
12-31-2013, 03:29 AM
[QUOTE=westside_baller]That play was NOT a foul:

Incidental Contact: The mere fact that contact occurs does not mean a foul has been committed. Players are allowed to contact other players when reaching for a loose ball, or when performing normal offensive and defensive movements. [B]The hand is considered

no pun intended
[QUOTE=westside_baller]That play was NOT a foul:

westside_baller

Bullsh--!!!!

Incidental Contact: The mere fact that contact occurs does not mean a foul has been committed. Players are allowed to contact other players when reaching for a loose ball, or when performing normal offensive and defensive movements.[B] The hand is considered

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:34 AM
Yes, we know.

But the angle in which we see the play makes it debatable whether or not Marion hit more than just the hand.

1. There were TWO officials with clear line of sight to the play, and neither called a foul. Their lines of sight were far better than the video replay.

2. The video replay itself shows that marion's hand made contact with Love's hand while love's hand was still on the ball.

Too bad the ignoramuses on the forum love to start drama and b.s. over nothing.

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:35 AM
Are you ****ing stupid? That is a foul 100% of the time. All hand, no ball

No point in debating a retard like yourself. :)

DMAVS41
12-31-2013, 03:35 AM
Are you ****ing stupid? That is a foul 100% of the time. All hand, no ball

I thought he got hit on the arm...but if he actually only got hit on the hand...then it's not a foul.

Hand is officially part of the ball. So if you hit all hand an no arm or wrist...it's absolutely not a foul.

How do people not know this?

But it was a clear foul to me...thought he got hit on the arm.

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:36 AM
pretty clearly a foul.

WRONG. It is INCIDENTAL CONTACT.

re: "The hand is considered

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:38 AM
I thought he got hit on the arm...but if he actually only got hit on the hand...then it's not a foul.

Hand is officially part of the ball. So if you hit all hand an no arm or wrist...it's absolutely not a foul.

How do people not know this?

But it was a clear foul to me...thought he got hit on the arm.

Finally, someone who understands what a foul is. :) Only took 3 pages and 32 posts for someone else to figure it out.

BTW, Love was b#tching and moaning to the refs even when they were clearly in the right. Marion made a great play and the mavs won fair and square.

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:39 AM
I remember when this shit happened to Durant on a game tying shot in game 2 of the finals... the ref was literally inches away... I was beyond pissed.

That's why they're refs and you're not. They know what a foul is, and you don't.

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:40 AM

Wrong. Hand is part of the ball.

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:41 AM

They made the right call. You're the idiot, not the refs.

noob cake
12-31-2013, 03:41 AM
TIL: You can slap the shit out of other player's hand.

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:43 AM
TIL: You can slap the shit out of other player's hand.

Good stuff. It shows you how sh-- this board is when virtually no one knows what a foul is.

DMAVS41
12-31-2013, 03:43 AM
Finally, someone who understands what a foul is. :) Only took 3 pages and 32 posts for someone else to figure it out.

BTW, Love was b#tching and moaning to the refs even when they were clearly in the right. Marion made a great play and the mavs won fair and square.

You'll find that people often don't even know shit like this on here. Trust me...try going to a pickup court and explain to someone that when you stripped them and hit their hand...it's actually not a foul. I've had to do it my entire life...

Luckily I have/had a great group of friends to ball with that get it...

Go Getter
12-31-2013, 03:45 AM
There's not gonna call that for the game.

I know Love is a competitor but he is always smiling after losing close games. It's just weird.

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:45 AM
You'll find that people often don't even know shit like this on here. Trust me...try going to a pickup court and explain to someone that when you stripped them and hit their hand...it's actually not a foul. I've had to do it my entire life...

Luckily I have/had a great group of friends to ball with that get it...

Right on, man.

I knew this board had some of the worst posters I've ever seen, but the way they embarrassed themselves tonight just reinforces my belief.

It's nice to have a few knowledgeable posters on the forum such as yourself, so keep on keepin' on. :rockon: :cheers:

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:46 AM
There's not gonna call that for the game.

I know Love is a competitor but he is always smiling after losing close games. It's just weird.

They're not "gonna call that" BECAUSE IT'S NOT A FOUL.

JimmyMcAdocious
12-31-2013, 03:48 AM
Agreed. If anything, Sam Cassell fouled Steve Nash with an illegal screen.

Go Getter
12-31-2013, 03:49 AM
They're not "gonna call that" BECAUSE IT'S NOT A FOUL.

I could see Durant or Love getting that flailing call on a sweep through the defenders arms during the first 47 minutes but at the end of the game you gotta go get the bucket at all costs--no bail outs.

I didn't think it was a foul.

bdreason
12-31-2013, 03:49 AM
You guys arguing this "hand is part of the ball" rule are retarded. I both ref and coach HS basketball, and nowhere in the world is this not a foul. The "hand is part of the ball" rule is meant to apply when the defender mostly makes contact with the ball (typically a loose ball), but perhaps also contacts the offensive players hand because it's on the ball. You can't just hack the shit out of someone hand while they're shooting and claim it's not a foul because he was touching the ball. :oldlol:

Droid101
12-31-2013, 03:51 AM
As I said, disgraceful.

The NBA will reverse this tomorrow.

Go Getter
12-31-2013, 03:51 AM
You guys arguing this "hand is part of the ball" rule are retarded. I both ref and coach HS basketball, and nowhere in the world is this not a foul. The "hand is part of the ball" rule is meant to apply when the defender mostly makes contact with the ball (typically a loose ball), but perhaps also contacts the offensive players hand because it's on the ball. You can't just hack the shit out of someone hand while they're shooting and claim it's not a foul because he was touching the ball. :oldlol:

I take it to mean when you are in a triple threat position, passing, or shooting, if the defender touches your hand while swiping and contacting the ball in the process then no foul will be called.

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:52 AM
I could see Durant or Love getting that flailing call on a sweep through the defenders arms during the first 47 minutes but at the end of the game you gotta go get the bucket at all costs--no bail outs.

I didn't think it was a foul.

Like I said, you had two refs with a clear line of sight within a few feet of the play: a better line than any of the replays, and neither saw a foul. The replay from the baseline also shows marion hitting the hand, not the wrist or arm.

But you are right: NBA officiating is incredibly subjective in the best of situations and openly corrupt in the worst of situations.

I'm just trying to point out to the army of knuckleheads who b$tch like crazy without knowing a damn thing about the game of basketball.

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:53 AM
As I said, disgraceful.

The NBA will reverse this tomorrow.

As I said, you're a retard. Man, this goes to show you the effects of fluoridated water.

Mr. Jabbar
12-31-2013, 03:54 AM
if that was harden it would've been a goaltend

Droid101
As I said, you're a retard. Man, this goes to show you the effects of fluoridated water.
NBA will announce this as a missed call tomorrow. What will you say then?

ZOMG
Understand this:

This is the NBA. The refs are not robots. They're human beings who get to watch the game at very close range all year long. They're aware of the players' strengths, weaknesses and tendencies - and they have to be. That's part of being a good referee.

For some player who's a known flopper, the refs are more sceptical when they see him falling on his ass and crying for an offensive foul. They automatically start to resist bailing that player out. The ref is just like any other person - they don't want to get played.

The same goes for an unathletic post player whose best chance at scoring is trying to create bogus contact and getting to the line. Even though sometimes that contact may be an actual foul, it may go uncalled - because the player suffers from the reputation he's created for himself.

And the same goes for Kevin Love. The refs saw what was happening. The slow, ground-bound Love was heading to the corner, desperate to get a shot off, while blanketed by Shawn Marion, still one of the most feared wing defenders in the entire League. In essence, Love never had a chance.

Whether Marion's hand hit Love (in addition to the ball) slightly or not doesn't matter. This is the NBA and Love suffered for his weaknesses and tendencies. The refs weren't going to bail him out when they saw that he was completely overmatched.

People talk about empty stats. I wouldn't say that Love's stats in this game were empty, but nevertheless, the last few seconds proved why he's not a superstar in the NBA. Not because he didn't "get respect" from the referees, but because he couldn't get a clean shot off against a 35 year old veteran.

Inferno
http://i.minus.com/i5Bc9OxgDEAee.gif

I think that's similar to what some are saying in this thread. If that's not a foul, is the one on Love?

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:55 AM

It's not a foul in HS basketball, or in nba basketball. It's not a foul in basketball, period.

You got called out for being wrong, and are either too dumb, or too proud, or both, to admit that you are wrong.

Incidental Contact: The mere fact that contact occurs does not mean a foul has been committed. Players are allowed to contact other players when reaching for a loose ball, or when performing normal offensive and defensive movements. The hand is considered “ part of the ball” when it is in contact with the ball and contact with a players hand when it is in contact with the ball is not a foul.

Try reading the rulebook before you post again, dumbass:

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_12.html

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:56 AM

I think that's similar to what some are saying in this thread. If that's not a foul, is the one on Love?

It's not a foul, period. I must've quoted the relevant passage from the nba website and rulebook at least a half dozen times by now.

F#ckers are too retarded to read and comprehend a paragraph.

Go Getter
12-31-2013, 03:56 AM
From the angle I saw it seemed like you would have to see the baseline angle to second guess the refs.

no pun intended
12-31-2013, 03:57 AM
lmao inb4 this happens

DMAVS41
12-31-2013, 03:58 AM

you are confusing things.

Love wasn't at the peak of his shooting motion. that is different...he was raising the ball up to shoot...and the "hand is part of the ball" absolutely applies there.

what you can't do is hit someone's hand when they are actually shooting for following through. and even then...like the gif above with paul...is absolutely not a foul.

it's totally different actually. i thought love got hit on the arm...but if he just got hit on the hand raising up the ball to shoot...it's absolutely not a foul and the correct non call was made.

Inferno
It's not a foul, period. I must've quoted the relevant passage from the nba website at least a half dozen times by now.

F#ckers are too retarded to read and comprehend a paragraph.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. :cheers:

From the angle I saw it seemed like you would have to see the baseline angle to second guess the refs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdgssaOlfA

At 42 seconds is a good angle. Looks very similar to the gif I posted above, but Klay got ball first and Marion kinda got the hand and ball at the same time. Does that matter?

Jameerthefear
looked like a foul to me

Inferno
12-31-2013, 03:59 AM
you are confusing things.

Love wasn't at the peak of his shooting motion. that is different...he was raising the ball up to shoot...and the "hand is part of the ball" absolutely applies there.

what you can't do is hit someone's hand when they are actually shooting for following through.

it's totally different actually.

So it's similar to this no-call, right?

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 03:59 AM
looked like a foul to me

That's because you're a retard who doesn't know what a foul is. :facepalm

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 04:00 AM
That's because you're a retard who doesn't know what a foul is. :facepalm
its a foul sorry bud

DMAVS41
12-31-2013, 04:01 AM
So it's similar to this no-call, right?

All I can say is that gif is absolutely not a foul.

I didn't see the Love play like others did...I thought he got hit on the arm, but if he didn't and only got hit on the hand...it's not a foul.

Go Getter
12-31-2013, 04:01 AM

At 42 seconds is a good angle. Looks very similar to the gif I posted above, but Klay got ball first and Marion kinda got the hand and ball at the same time. Does that matter?
It's okay but to me it seemed like Love flailed his arms after Marion hit the top of the ball when rising up from his shot. Good no call. To REVERSE it I'd have to see that baseline angle.

Inferno
12-31-2013, 04:03 AM
All I can say is that gif is absolutely not a foul.

I didn't see the Love play like others did...I thought he got hit on the arm, but if he didn't and only got hit on the hand...it's not a foul.

42 is the best look we'll get. Or, if you can live with constantly pausing and unpausing at around 35 seconds :oldlol: I didn't see an arm hit, looks like he flailed.

no pun intended

At 42 seconds, the angle still doesn't tell it all. Watch as Love's entire arm ascends during the entire sequence and how long his arm is, especially before the "foul" (or whatever you wanna call it). It would be near impossible for Marion to block that cleanly without hitting Love's forearm unless he sideswiped the ball perfectly. Again, it's all hard to tell at the angle.

DMAVS41

Oh...never saw that angle.

Clear no foul on that angle...Marion gets hand and ball and no arm. Can't believe people are debating this...LOL

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 04:04 AM
its a foul sorry bud

To a dumb **** like you it is. Read the rulebook, retard. I've posted it at least a dozen time dumb****.

ZOMG
12-31-2013, 04:04 AM
As I said, it's pointless to argue whether Marion's hand slightly made contact with Love's arm or not.

The refs didn't see Player X against Player Y. They saw Kevin Love against Shawn Marion. They saw someone who never even had a chance of getting a clean shot off.

And they were not going to bail him out.

Inferno
12-31-2013, 04:06 AM
At 42 seconds, the angle still doesn't tell it all. Watch as Love's entire arm ascends during the entire sequence and how long his arm is, especially before the "foul" (or whatever you wanna call it). It would be near impossible for Marion to block that cleanly without hitting Love's forearm unless he sideswiped the ball perfectly. Again, it's all hard to tell at the angle.

Yeah, I noticed that Love's arm definitely changed direction and sort of flailed, but it's hard to tell if he was actually hit on the arm and not just the hand, or if he tried selling the contact

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 04:07 AM
To a dumb **** like you it is. Read the rulebook, retard. I've posted it at least a dozen time dumb****.
you're acting like there is a conclusive angle that shows it. there isn't, but in my opinionfrom what I can see it was a foul. why the hell are you so mad anyways? take a break off the web bud. ur not ready for it yet.

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 04:09 AM
you're acting like there is a conclusive angle that shows it. there isn't, but in my opinionfrom what I can see it was a foul. why the hell are you so mad anyways? take a break off the web bud. ur not ready for it yet.

Marion hit Love's hand. That's it. No foul. Once you stop fapping to Klove's stat sheet and mangy beard, you might be able to start thinking rationally. :D

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 04:11 AM
Marion hit Love's hand. That's it. No foul. Once you stop fapping to Klove's stat sheet and mangy beard, you might be able to start thinking rationally. :D
i'm not a timberwolves fan. i don't give two shits about the outcome of this game, i came in here and gave my opinion on whether i thought it was a foul or not.

DMAVS41
12-31-2013, 04:11 AM

that one angle above is pretty damn conclusive, but who knows...

I'd say 2 refs with great views...and the replay above showing hand/ball and no arm is good.

either way I think a no-call there is the right thing to do....

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 04:12 AM
that one angle above is pretty damn conclusive, but who knows...

I'd say 2 refs with great views...and the replay above showing hand/ball and no arm is good.

either way I think a no-call there is the right thing to do....

Thank you.

NumberSix
12-31-2013, 04:17 AM
Kevin Love

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 04:19 AM
i'm not a timberwolves fan. i don't give two shits about the outcome of this game, i came in here and gave my opinion on whether i thought it was a foul or not.

And your opinion is wrong, you dumb f***. Now go to bed.

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 04:21 AM
And your opinion is wrong, you dumb f***. Now go to bed.
i'm gon hit u with another red when i can

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 04:26 AM

LMFAO! :roll: :D

Mr. Jabbar
12-31-2013, 04:30 AM

LOL

East_Stone_Ya
12-31-2013, 04:33 AM
no love from the refs

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 04:33 AM
LMFAO! :roll: :D
dont worry i got u

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 04:39 AM
dont worry i got u

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!! Crybaby b#tch!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!! :D

Cone
12-31-2013, 04:47 AM
At first I thought it was a clear foul but after watching the play a few times, i think a no-call was the right call

MJ(Mean John)
12-31-2013, 04:47 AM
Griffin has too high of a bball IQ than to go for a contested 3 down by 2

Love is a PF (supposedly), not a chucking guard... play like one

Touch

FireDavidKahn
12-31-2013, 08:49 AM
1. There were two refs with direct line of sight.

2. The video replay shows marion hand hits love's hand.

3. There is no video replay showing marion hitting love's wrist or arm.

So many f%gs who jerk off to klove can't acknowledge reality. Then again, they don't even know what a foul is to begin with. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Marion didn't hit Love's hand, he hit his arm.

bagelred
12-31-2013, 09:01 AM
At first I thought it was a clear foul but after watching the play a few times, i think a no-call was the right call

Exactly right. I thought it was an obvious foul, then I watched it in super slowmo. Marion got mostly the ball, and possibly part of hand. But that was a good no call. I thought Marion hit the arm, but he didn't.

Good no call. Close thread.

RoseCity07
12-31-2013, 09:09 AM
I swear the NBA makes money off individual match ups. You can't tell me that point spreads don't dictate certain games. This looks like a game where the refs were told to swallow their whistles. NBA reffing ruins this sport.

miles berg
12-31-2013, 09:59 AM
Watch the YouTube video with the proper angle, it is clearly not a foul.

Clearly.

fragokota
12-31-2013, 10:53 AM
How the hell did they miss that call? Terrible, wolves got robbed by the refs on this one.Poor Love...

Sakkreth
12-31-2013, 11:00 AM
A foul, but shouldn't flail his arms like a biatch.

joeyjoejoe
12-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Wow ive seen the clipps get screwed by this too and all anyone here ever says is the refs aren't gonna call a last second foul but seems like yall backing klove moody mofos

stanlove1111
12-31-2013, 11:17 AM

Exactly. IF this is the case nobody is ever scoring again. Idiots..

I think if I had to play with the ahole who lectures people on playgrounds about it I would bust him in the mouth. Its aholes like that who ruin every game. The playground ref who doesn't know crap.

Mass Debator
12-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Left hand all balls and right hand all arm.

pauk
12-31-2013, 12:18 PM
That is most definitely a foul....

LBJMVP
12-31-2013, 12:19 PM
This dumbass thinks you it's never a foul as long as you hit the hand while touching the ball haha. Just picture every time someone shot you slapped there hand. I've never seen a stupider post.

KevinNYC
12-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Hiliarious radio call of the non-call.
[QUOTE]Timberwolves announcer loses his mind after Kevin Love didn

Doranku
12-31-2013, 12:42 PM
If you think that's a foul, I'd consider one of the following:

1. Get your eyes checked
2. Pick a new sport to follow

imdaman99
12-31-2013, 12:51 PM
Happens to Melo on a regular basis in the clutch. Feel your pain T-Wolve fans :cheers:

Let's be miserable together http://www.shareprogress.org/media/community-group-hug.gif

brantonli
12-31-2013, 01:12 PM
Hiliarious radio call of the non-call.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/nba-timberwolves-mavericks-kevin-love-shawn-marion-foul-controversial/

:roll:

Oh wow, one scream I was expecting, wasn't expecting the second one. He was seriously pissed and on radio to lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-31-2013, 01:15 PM
The NBA issued a statement that Minnesota's Kevin Love was fouled on his arm and should've been awarded two free throws at end of Monday's loss to Dallas.

http://www.fantasyalarm.com/NBA-Player-News/?page=0

Hizack
12-31-2013, 01:37 PM
http://www.nba.com/official/?ls=iref:nbahpts

[QUOTE]NBA STATEMENT ON MISSED FOUL CALL LATE IN MAVERICKS-TIMBERWOLVES GAME

Dec 31 2013 11:55AM

Rod Thorn, NBA President, Basketball Operations, issued the following statement today regarding a missed foul call late in the fourth quarter of the Dallas Mavericks

robert de niro
12-31-2013, 01:38 PM

1. Get your eyes checked

The NBA issued a statement that Minnesota's Kevin Love was fouled on his arm and should've been awarded two free throws at end of Monday's loss to Dallas.

Levity
12-31-2013, 01:42 PM

1. Get your eyes checked

take your own advice, chief

Go Getter
12-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Good no call ref. You gotta beast in the final seconds/get the job done and not flail and expect the refs to bail you out.

stanlove1111
12-31-2013, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=westside_baller]Bullsh--!!!!

Incidental Contact: The mere fact that contact occurs does not mean a foul has been committed. Players are allowed to contact other players when reaching for a loose ball, or when performing normal offensive and defensive movements.[B] The hand is considered

kenny817
It was defintely a foul...but you can't call that ish

Sort of like when Bron fouled Paul George on that 3 as time expired the other night. No call...rightfully so

Can't call that ish...Love flopped his arms like Magikarp

Biggest stat padder in sports. Has Love ever even won 30% of his games when healthy???

FireDavidKahn
Good no call ref. You gotta beast in the final seconds/get the job done and not flail and expect the refs to bail you out.
Except the NBA just vindicated Kevin Love and ruled that he should have gotten 2 FT's you moron. People here don't seem to understand the difference between a little bit of contact and letting people play versus a blatant foul.

stanlove1111
12-31-2013, 02:11 PM
Watch the YouTube video with the proper angle, it is clearly not a foul.

Clearly.

Clearly...:applause:

chazzy
12-31-2013, 02:12 PM
It's arm/wrist to me. Foul

Edit: Just saw the alt angle, hand got hand but it looks like his forearm hit his as well

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 02:18 PM
westside baller looking stupid as fvck right now :roll: don't worry bruh i got the neg for ya in a couple of hours

DMAVS41
12-31-2013, 02:49 PM
It's arm/wrist to me. Foul

Edit: Just saw the alt angle, hand got hand but it looks like his forearm hit his as well

I thought that initially as well and then I saw the alt angle.

Really really tough to see him get hit on the arm/wrist from that angle.

Have to think 2 refs and that angle trumps what we can't see.

What angle are the NBA using to say he clearly got hit on the wrist/arm? Because I haven't seen that yet...

ProfessorMurder
12-31-2013, 02:54 PM
It was defintely a foul...but you can't call that ish

Sort of like when Bron fouled Paul George on that 3 as time expired the other night. No call...rightfully so

Can't call that ish...Love flopped his arms like Magikarp

Biggest stat padder in sports. Has Love ever even won 30% of his games when healthy???

:roll: LeBron was straight up grabbing George's side on that shot. Clear f*cking foul.

Doranku
12-31-2013, 02:58 PM
I thought that initially as well and then I saw the alt angle.

Really really tough to see him get hit on the arm/wrist from that angle.

Have to think 2 refs and that angle trumps what we can't see.

What angle are the NBA using to say he clearly got hit on the wrist/arm? Because I haven't seen that yet...

It's just damage control. There are no clear-cut angles out there for fans to see (or probably the NBA for that matter), but as evidenced by this thread, there are idiots who see the flailing of his arms and cry foul.

GreatHILL
12-31-2013, 03:03 PM
T'wolves play-by-play man Alan Horton's call on the Love no-call.

https://soundcloud.com/bigcatcountry/30-final-call-long

Go Getter
12-31-2013, 03:05 PM
Except the NBA just vindicated Kevin Love and ruled that he should have gotten 2 FT's you moron. People here don't seem to understand the difference between a little bit of contact and letting people play versus a blatant foul.

I played HS ball and had a scholly to a D-2 school...I am well aware of the difference between small contact and blatant foul. I don't give a shit what the NBA does to appease fans. That was good defense. I've seen slight contact go uncalled for years when the last shot was taken. You gotta earn a game winner not get it gifted at the line. Now you can't plow into a guy but that contact wasn't enough to warrant a foul in my book. I can understand why you don't agree with me though.

Solefade
12-31-2013, 03:06 PM
It's just damage control. There are no clear-cut angles out there for fans to see (or probably the NBA for that matter), but as evidenced by this thread, there are idiots who see the flailing of his arms and cry foul.

bro, seriously? if that happened to Kobe you'd be ****ing crying all day about it.

215Philly
12-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Kevin Love doesn't get the foul but Ray Allen gets it in the same situation a couple days ago. :hammerhead:

upside24
12-31-2013, 03:17 PM
I think those announcers are correct. It takes courage for an official to make that call in the final seconds. I'd guess those two tonight were worried about the consequences if they were to have called a foul when it actually was not. They should have that courage though. It's what they're paid to do.
Yep. Another instance were the refs swallow their whistles because of fear of making the wrong call at such an important moment.

Yet their hesitance to make a call ended up costing the Wolves a chance to win. Like another poster joked before, it's Minnesota. Big market team with a superstar who is treated like a superstar (not that any superstar treatment is needed for such an obvious call) and it's a totally different outcome.

DMAVS41
12-31-2013, 03:19 PM
Yep. Another instance were the refs swallow their whistles because of fear of making the wrong call at such an important moment.

Yet their hesitance to make a call ended up costing the Wolves a chance to win. Like another poster joked before, it's Minnesota. Big market team with a superstar who is treated like a superstar (not that any superstar treatment is needed for such an obvious call) and it's a totally different outcome.

Where are you getting obvious call?

Where is this angle showing the clear hit on the arm? From what I've seen...it doesn't exist.

FireDavidKahn
12-31-2013, 03:20 PM
T'wolves play-by-play man Alan Horton's call on the Love no-call.

https://soundcloud.com/bigcatcountry/30-final-call-long

BRUTAL (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38202016/Brutal.mp3)
THAT'S A FOUL (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38202016/That's%20a%20foul.mp3)
OH, ED MALLOY! (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38202016/Ed%20Malloy.mp3)

stanlove1111
12-31-2013, 03:21 PM

Interesting.. An internet poster who still doesn't want to admit that he was wrong so he just calls the proof damage control..So the NBA either says what he wants to hear or its just damage control. Very clever, this way there is no way you can be wrong.

tpols
12-31-2013, 03:23 PM
Thats a blatant hack.. you can see from the baseline angle the ball is out in front and marion comes down with his arm more inward toward Kevin Loves body.. he literally got no ball and all hand/wrist.

Coming down like that, if marion wouldve got ball clean it wouldve went straight to the floor or love wouldve had to double pump to regather.. which he didnt.

gts
12-31-2013, 03:30 PM
1. There were TWO officials with clear line of sight to the play, and neither called a foul. Their lines of sight were far better than the video replay.

2. The video replay itself shows that marion's hand made contact with Love's hand while love's hand was still on the ball.

Too bad the ignoramuses on the forum love to start drama and b.s. over nothing.

"Through postgame video review, we have determined that Minnesota's Kevin Love was fouled on the right arm by Dallas' Shawn Marion while attempting a two-point field goal," NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn said in a statement. "Love should have been awarded two free throws with one second left on the clock."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/10221541/nba-admits-officials-missed-foul-call-end-minnesota-timberwolves-dallas-mavericks-game

upside24
12-31-2013, 03:38 PM
Where are you getting obvious call?

Where is this angle showing the clear hit on the arm? From what I've seen...it doesn't exist.
NBA TV showed a shot from the side that looked conclusive enough for me. I don't think Love would just flail his arms to try and draw a foul in such a crucial moment, plus it looks like his right arm is impacted.

I don't have a dog in this fight, it just looked like Love got hacked and there was no call.

tpols
12-31-2013, 03:38 PM
"Through postgame video review, we have determined that Minnesota's Kevin Love was fouled on the right arm by Dallas' Shawn Marion while attempting a two-point field goal," NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn said in a statement. "Love should have been awarded two free throws with one second left on the clock."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/10221541/nba-admits-officials-missed-foul-call-end-minnesota-timberwolves-dallas-mavericks-game
that shit that burns slow...

Byobob
12-31-2013, 03:47 PM
Just read an article that NBA admitted their mistake. Adding salt to the wound.:lol :lol

Inferno
12-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Happened before with Rubio and Kobe :lol

Spaulding
12-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Happened before with Rubio and Kobe :lol

Ya, video is already linked in this thread.

MavsPoke
12-31-2013, 04:42 PM
In my totally unbiased opinion it looked totally clean to me. :coleman:

Droid101
12-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Westside, what do you have to say now, idiot?

bagelred
12-31-2013, 05:07 PM
Westside, what do you have to say now, idiot?

It didn't look like a foul to me. Good no call.

The NBA just does statements like this to put "closure" to the situation and stop the outrage, and essentially say 'let's move on'. Because honestly, that wasn't even a foul. I thought it was too at first glance, but Marion got ball and hand, not arm.

DMAVS41
12-31-2013, 05:15 PM
NBA TV showed a shot from the side that looked conclusive enough for me. I don't think Love would just flail his arms to try and draw a foul in such a crucial moment, plus it looks like his right arm is impacted.

I don't have a dog in this fight, it just looked like Love got hacked and there was no call.

It looked like that to me at first, but then I saw the angle that shows marion hitting hand/ball clearly...and it's very difficult to see if any arm is hit on that angle as well.

I haven't seen the baseline angle though...

DMAVS41
12-31-2013, 05:17 PM
It didn't look like a foul to me. Good no call.

The NBA just does statements like this to put "closure" to the situation and stop the outrage, and essentially say 'let's move on'. Because honestly, that wasn't even a foul. I thought it was too at first glance, but Marion got ball and hand, not arm.

It's crazy how so many people can watch the same thing and have such polar opposite views...

bagelred
12-31-2013, 05:26 PM
It's crazy how so many people can watch the same thing and have such polar opposite views...

When you watch it in super slow mo, it appears Marion got ball and hand...that's not a foul.

ZOMG
12-31-2013, 05:26 PM
You gotta earn a game winner not get it gifted at the line.

Exactly.

And that's something that every NBA player knows - including Kevin Love. He had to pretend he was shocked but he sure as hell wasn't really expecting to go to the line after trying to get a desperate shot off with a few seconds remaining. Ridiculous.

That's exactly what the NBA doesn't want to see: games being decided by last second foul calls. That's why every player knows that they better not put themselves into a position where everything hinges on getting one final call.

La Frescobaldi
12-31-2013, 05:42 PM
1. There were two refs with direct line of sight.

2. The video replay shows marion hand hits love's hand.

3. There is no video replay showing marion hitting love's wrist or arm.

So many f%gs who jerk off to klove can't acknowledge reality. Then again, they don't even know what a foul is to begin with. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/12/31/kevin-love-shawn-marion-nba-rod-thorn/4264411/

out of all the guys on this site, you probly gotta take the chump cake. come out of the woodwork like a termite.

La Frescobaldi
12-31-2013, 05:46 PM

Like Ray got the other day? They have replay, and they could have used it.

Purch
12-31-2013, 05:57 PM
NBA STATEMENT ON MISSED FOUL CALL LATE IN MAVERICKS-TIMBERWOLVES GAME
Dec 31 2013 11:55AM
Rod Thorn, NBA President, Basketball Operations, issued the following statement today regarding a missed foul call late in the fourth quarter of the Dallas Mavericks

lpublic_enemyl
12-31-2013, 06:07 PM
lmao this happens all the time, it happened to the raps a bunch of times last year much worst then that. Maybe that should have been called but at the end of a game it's less likely to be a foul

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 06:48 PM
Some retard named "purch" pm'ed me with this gem:

The nba admitted they missed the call good sir.

Since you we're so sure that the refs were correct.

LMFAO!!!! Jesus Christ, being taunted on ISH, the worst sports forum on the internet, by an illiterate retard who calls himself purch, because the NBA itself doesn't even know what a friggin' foul is. Great way to end the year! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Purch
12-31-2013, 06:50 PM
Some retard named "purch" pm'ed me with this gem:

The nba admitted they missed the call good sir.

Since you we're so sure that the refs were correct.

LMFAO!!!! Jesus Christ, being taunted on ISH, the worst sports forum on the internet, by an illiterate retard who calls himself purch, because the NBA itself doesn't even know what a friggin' foul is. Great way to end the year! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Auto correct on a new IPad sir :cheers:

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 06:50 PM
Just read an article that NBA admitted their mistake. Adding salt to the wound.:lol :lol

It was the correct NON call, dumbf---. They're just caving to political pressure since a bunch of butthurt kevin love fangirls love the taste of kevin's pubes in their mouth. :facepalm

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 06:51 PM

The NBA is WRONG. Hand is part of the ball. Incidental contact is NOT a foul.

KLove buttlickers are appeased, and the Wolves are still under .500, as they should be.

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 06:51 PM
westside looking stupid lmaoooooo

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 06:54 PM
Well, I'm glad you retards are glad that the NBA decided to not reverse the correct call but call it a mistake so that you dumb f+++s feel vindicated anyway. :facepalm

Now you can go back to fapping 4X a day onto your Kevin Love jerseys.

ISH: once again proving it houses the largest collection of retards on the internet. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 06:55 PM
westside looking stupid lmaoooooo

Nope, just pointing out the NBA is so f---ing corrupt it will lie to it's own fans just to appease the hardcore "Kevin Love is the great white hope" fanboys and asslickers. :oldlol:

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 06:56 PM
Auto correct on a new IPad sir :cheers:

It's still the wrong call, fa---t! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 06:57 PM
Nope, just pointing out the NBA is so f---ing corrupt it will lie to it's own fans just to appease the hardcore "Kevin Love is the great white hope" fanboys and asslickers. :oldlol:
u need this
http://i.imgur.com/MKVg7rf.gif

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 06:58 PM
I wonder is this guy will be coming back to the thread? Probably he is on some playground right now teaching all the other players about what is a foul or not.

Its amazing. No matter how obvious something is there will be the hard headed who will want to argue about it and insult others who actually can see or know what they are talking about.

You dumbf---s are too retarded to recognize that a corrupt league will LIE TO YOUR FACE just to appease you. Yeah, I know you retards don't know what appease means, but I don't need to stoop to your level. :)

Another reminder that ISH houses the most retards per capita on the internet. :facepalm

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 06:59 PM
u need this
http://i.imgur.com/MKVg7rf.gif

Not bad for a kid with asperger's and a 50 IQ. :)

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 07:00 PM

Kevin Love is a fa-. So are his fanboys. :)

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 07:01 PM

The NBA just PROVED it's completely corrupt AND that most of it's fans are RETARDED to believe them.

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 07:02 PM
westside baller looking stupid as fvck right now :roll: don't worry bruh i got the neg for ya in a couple of hours

2 hours to fap to KLove! Good boy!

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 07:04 PM
I played HS ball and had a scholly to a D-2 school...I am well aware of the difference between small contact and blatant foul. I don't give a shit what the NBA does to appease fans. That was good defense. I've seen slight contact go uncalled for years when the last shot was taken. You gotta earn a game winner not get it gifted at the line. Now you can't plow into a guy but that contact wasn't enough to warrant a foul in my book. I can understand why you don't agree with me though.

You're one of the few rational posters on ISH.

And far more diplomatic. :)

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 07:05 PM

Complete bullshit, pseudo-reversal from a corrupt league to appease it's retarded fans.

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 07:07 PM
u r so mad rite now

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 07:09 PM
Exactly right. I thought it was an obvious foul, then I watched it in super slowmo. Marion got mostly the ball, and possibly part of hand. But that was a good no call. I thought Marion hit the arm, but he didn't.

Good no call. Close thread.

The NBA is so ****ing corrupt it decided to appease it's retard fans with a pseudo, non-reversal, so the klove fa- fanboys can continue to fap onto his jersey and posters. Those fa-s probably buy a few dozen of his posters every week to fap onto, so this b.s. non-reversal just keeps the sales flowin....

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 07:09 PM
u r so mad rite now

You so retarded all the time, jameerthequeer

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 07:10 PM
u=mad me=chill

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 07:12 PM
u=mad me=chill

U=fu--ing retard Your mom=upset she didn't use contraceptives

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 07:13 PM
You dumb fa-s still don't know what a foul is! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 07:15 PM
westside_baller irl right now:
http://i.imgur.com/IczKV2N.gif

KyrieTheFuture
12-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Was not a foul. Why is west side having a meltdown of clippers fan proportions right now? This is gold.

gts
12-31-2013, 07:23 PM
Why is west side having a meltdown of clippers fan proportions right now? This is gold.

Probably got into the punch a little early

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 07:24 PM
LMFAO!!! I'm still enjoying yet another Wolves' loss. :)

La Frescobaldi
12-31-2013, 07:26 PM
Was not a foul. Why is west side having a meltdown of clippers fan proportions right now? This is gold.

the new cf86

Spaulding
12-31-2013, 07:26 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321096

NBA admits mistake.

Spaulding
12-31-2013, 07:30 PM

Sorry jameer even you will admit this is funny.

westside_baller
12-31-2013, 07:30 PM
Enjoy the non-existent reversal, fa-s. :) You're all still retards and incels. :)

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 07:31 PM

Sorry jameer even you will admit this is funny.
i've heard that like 10 times before so not to me

DirkNowitzki41
12-31-2013, 07:32 PM

:lol

Spaulding
12-31-2013, 07:34 PM
i've heard that like 10 times before so not to me

Oh :(

First time I've seen it.

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 07:39 PM
Oh :(

First time I've seen it.
http://www.insidehoops.com/search-results.shtml?cx=partner-pub-2183605478677227%3Aur8v6225veu&cof=FORID%3A11&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=jameerthequeer&sa=Search
:lol first time it was funny ill admit

Droid101
12-31-2013, 07:42 PM
You dumb fa-s still don't know what a foul is! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/upset%20lelbron.jpg

Myth
12-31-2013, 08:20 PM
Damn, just now saw this. That was an obvious foul. I understand refs being cautious, but Love had no chance of scoring if fouls like that go uncalled.

Yankstar
12-31-2013, 09:20 PM
Damn, just now saw this. That was an obvious foul. I understand refs being cautious, but Love had no chance of scoring if fouls like that go uncalled.

I will tell you one thing, once he is LA there is no way he doesn't get these calls. That is a straight up advantage of being a Laker. I guarantee his number of free throw attempts per game will increase by at least 1-2.

no pun intended
12-31-2013, 09:22 PM
I will tell you one thing, once he is LA there is no way he doesn't get these calls. That is a straight up advantage of being a Laker. I guarantee his number of free throw attempts per game will increase by at least 1-2.
this. poor wolves ):