PDA

View Full Version : I hate skinny dudes at the gym

ThatCoolKid
12-31-2013, 02:23 AM
I always go out of my way to subtly show them that I lift over double what they can. First I walk up while their benching and give a little scoff while I watch them. Then I ask them to spot me and watch the light go out of their eyes as any masculine pride they may have had just dies inside of them.

Anyone got any better strategies for making sure these bitches don't ever come back to my gym?

ace23
12-31-2013, 02:25 AM
Anyone got any better strategies for making sure these bitches don't ever come back to my gym?
Kill yourself and you'll never see them again.

Budadiiii
12-31-2013, 02:31 AM
You're the dude at the gym who only goes there to hoop/look at females?

:facepalm

Eat more, lift more, drink your protein shake 3-4 times a day and go big on calories and carbs if you're bulking.

You're already a chubby ass dude so all you need is to change your diet to more healthy calories and carbs, maybe avocados and seared potatoes, pasta, oatmeal, ... etc..

Start with compound exercises. Deadlifts, squats, bench, shoulder press..

3 times a week. Start with 3 sets of 15 on each exercise for the first three weeks, then go to 4 sets of 10 for 3 weeks adding weight of course, and then 5 x 5 for the next three weeks pretty much maxing out on weight.

Take 2 weeks off and adopt a new regimen. Your diet and form are perfect. Cardio is optional.

ThatCoolKid
12-31-2013, 02:31 AM

How much you bench bro? Squat?

MetsPackers
12-31-2013, 02:34 AM
ITT: DYELs with 11" biceps

mfw budadii actually got trolled into doing SS:

http://i.eho.st/pgi67jrc.gif

ThatCoolKid
12-31-2013, 02:43 AM
ITT: DYELs with 11" biceps

http://i.eho.st/pgi67jrc.gif

Haha, this guy measures his biceps. Whatever try hard, I hope those pills don't shrink your dong too much.

MetsPackers
12-31-2013, 02:45 AM
Haha, this guy measures his biceps. Whatever try hard, I hope those pills don't shrink your dong too much.

Jokes. How do they work?

Budadiiii
12-31-2013, 02:47 AM
I don't understand the language you're typing in?

What the **** did you just say?

BasedTom
12-31-2013, 02:48 AM
Why do you even care about other other men look at the gym? You're there for yourself.

Besides, it's a good thing that more out of shape people are going to the gym. It's better than sitting around doing nothing about it.

Lamar Doom
12-31-2013, 02:48 AM
proving yourself to other dudes at the gym is so f*cking baller. respect.

ripthekik
12-31-2013, 03:25 AM
So you go to the gym to impress other men, nice.

El Kabong
12-31-2013, 03:31 AM
Wow, you're so tough you've scared me away from the gym for good.

El Kabong
12-31-2013, 03:41 AM
i mean mug all the skinny twig people at the gym

and when im lifting and they are near by, you better believe im intimidating them with my boisterous grunting
I'm intimidated all the way from another country. :bowdown:

EricGordon23
12-31-2013, 03:42 AM
Everybody starts somewhere. I am sure you just naturally had all that muscle and started benching 250 right away. Props to you man for trying to take away there motivation to get big though.

Budadiiii
12-31-2013, 03:48 AM
Everybody starts somewhere. I am sure you just naturally had all that muscle and started benching 250 right away. Props to you man for trying to take away there motivation to get big though.
I'd be ashamed to walk into a gym if I was on twig mode.

When I was 11-14 I worked out in the privacy of my own home.. until I was 'big' enough to put my workouts on display.

Showing up as a twig is disrespectful. Fat people get away with it because we know they're just cardio people trying to better themselves. Show up as a twig and you're asking to get mocked silently.

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 03:50 AM
ugh i start practice when i get back to school and we're going to be doing a lot of weightlifting this year. if this is how people really think i'm going to get mad fun of a lot :facepalm

imnew09
12-31-2013, 03:56 AM
Well, this is an online forum after all.

MetsPackers
12-31-2013, 04:03 AM
ugh i start practice when i get back to school and we're going to be doing a lot of weightlifting this year. if this is how people really think i'm going to get mad fun of a lot :facepalm

I started lifting at 15 at 5'8" 130lbs looking like I came out of aushwitz for football and after two years I was 5'10" 180lbs and jacked. Started benching literally 65lbs and was at 275 by senior year. Everyone started somewhere and people like the OP are very rare. Just insecure guys who need to put people down to boost their egos. Plus you're black so your genetics are probably toptier. As someone who made it I love seeing guys starting to lift and taking it seriously. Dat street hunger is great to see

ace23
12-31-2013, 04:05 AM
What sport?

oh the horror
12-31-2013, 04:14 AM
Here's something crazy to consider.

Not giving a shit about anyone else or their opinions ever.

I'll show up to the gym in my underwear, smoking a cigarette and work out.

plowking
12-31-2013, 04:16 AM
The only people I really hate in the gym are half reppers. Especially on the bench, since its the ego lift.

You see people in the gym get in there, put 225lbs on, and lift it 5 times while barely going down halfway, and it shouldn't bother you, but it does. Just because you know that dude goes out and tells his friends/girlfriend, etc that he benches 225lbs, while you on the other hand put in 9 or 10 months of hard work when you first started lifting just to get to there.

The 225lbs mark is seriously the happiest I ever felt reaching a gym goal, and some people just ruin that for others who actually work hard.

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 04:18 AM
I started lifting at 15 at 5'8" 130lbs looking like I came out of aushwitz for football and after two years I was 5'10" 180lbs and jacked. Started benching literally 65lbs and was at 275 by senior year. Everyone started somewhere and people like the OP are very rare. Just insecure guys who need to put people down to boost their egos. Plus you're black so your genetics are probably toptier. As someone who made it I love seeing guys starting to lift and taking it seriously. Dat street hunger is great to see
you were actually around my size (I'm maybe an inch or two taller.) i'm not really concerned about being jacked just kind of toned a little bit. i'm skinny enough to where if i do a lot of pushups a day for like a month my arms start to get bigger :lol
i probably won't take it too seriously though...

What sport?
track

NotYetGreat
12-31-2013, 04:23 AM
You're lifting for the wrong reasons then. You don't deserve to be anywhere near the bar if that's really your mindset towards it.

chosen_one6
12-31-2013, 04:36 AM
I always go out of my way to subtly show them that I lift over double what they can. First I walk up while their benching and give a little scoff while I watch them. Then I ask them to spot me and watch the light go out of their eyes as any masculine pride they may have had just dies inside of them.

I used to be 6' 145 coming out of high school. Didn't start getting serious about lifting until 3 years ago. Now I'm at 186 currently and working my way up to 205.

Everyone starts somewhere, even the skinny guys. When I first got in the gym I started off super light so I could have proper form and technique without getting hurt. Yea, I felt insecure about it at first. But then I realized I'm not lifting for f*ggots like you who think they're the shit just because they've been working out longer. I'm lifting for myself.

East_Stone_Ya
12-31-2013, 05:14 AM
So you go to the gym to impress other men, nice.

this

you train for yourself

alenleomessi
12-31-2013, 09:12 AM
OP i hope the bar slips and breaks your neck

dr.hee
12-31-2013, 09:31 AM

I'll show up to the gym naked, smoking my underwear and don't work out.

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-31-2013, 09:54 AM
Here's something crazy to consider.

Not giving a shit about anyone else or their opinions ever.

LOL.

There's this 60 year old reformed meth addict with the strangest looking rubbery skin who puts on a ripped Hawaiin shirt and starts a convo with everyone. Looks like a retarded Greg Allman. 5'6" 140ish.. He does cable crossovers with crazy intensity and talks mad sh!t.

He'z fukking awesome. I love compelling characters like that.

And damn why does Lamar Doom always have the perfect responses to these situations. It's like the Bohmeian types like him completely mock the gym rat race, the socioeconomic rat race, the big diick contents and only value the creative original stuff.

I needa learn to be like that heh.

travelingman
12-31-2013, 10:09 AM

You should really stop trying to impress other males at the gym with how much you lift. Although I doubt you even lift.

ballup
12-31-2013, 10:10 AM
So you like your men big and strong? Ok then

travelingman
12-31-2013, 10:11 AM
I'd be ashamed to walk into a gym if I was on twig mode.

When I was 11-14 I worked out in the privacy of my own home.. until I was 'big' enough to put my workouts on display.

Showing up as a twig is disrespectful. Fat people get away with it because we know they're just cardio people trying to better themselves. Show up as a twig and you're asking to get mocked silently.

What is with your ever-changing avatar?

Bandito
12-31-2013, 10:34 AM
OP is probably one of those guys that always say YOLO and has a weird orange tan.:facepalm

KobesFinger
12-31-2013, 10:45 AM
I don't have a problem with people who aren't in shape being in the gym, that's the point of the gym. As others have said, everyone starts somewhere. Bro-scientists, people who hog equipment and people who shout when exhaling do annoy me.

OP, are you the curls for the girls type?

Wally450
12-31-2013, 12:06 PM
I would laugh at anyone who did that sh*t. I have my headphones bumping in my ear anyways and just focus on my workout. Go ahead and grunt like a retarded gorilla next to me, I can't hear you.

Le Shaqtus
12-31-2013, 12:22 PM
you were actually around my size (I'm maybe an inch or two taller.) i'm not really concerned about being jacked just kind of toned a little bit. i'm skinny enough to where if i do a lot of pushups a day for like a month my arms start to get bigger :lol
i probably won't take it too seriously though...

track

You don't need to be jacked for track, depending on what you're running anyway.

K Xerxes
12-31-2013, 12:50 PM
When I first started gym I was a skinny ass twig as well. Used to think that whenever people laughed it was at me. You know, maybe they were, but I didn't give a shit. I just went about doing my routine, doing full sets at whatever 'pathetic' weight it was even if the ripped black dude next to me was doing three times the weight. Now flashforward and I'm as ripped as them.

Everyone starts somewhere. I respect the hell out of skinny/fat people who show up at the gym and I try to help them when I can.

B-Low
12-31-2013, 12:53 PM
When I first started gym I was a skinny ass twig as well. Used to think that whenever people laughed it was at me. You know, maybe they were, but I didn't give a shit. I just went about doing my routine, doing full sets at whatever 'pathetic' weight it was even if the ripped black dude next to me was doing three times the weight. Now flashforward and I'm as ripped as them.

Everyone starts somewhere. I respect the hell out of skinny/fat people who show up at the gym and I try to help them when I can.

Cosign on all points. Repped (even tho I know the OP is just trolling)

Edit: oops gotta spread it around some apparently. I'll owe ya

Lakers Legend#32
12-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Oh this thread is so macho. :rolleyes:

gts
12-31-2013, 01:19 PM
My funny gym story

In the 90's I was working with a ill fated racing team as a test driver on a new car. Reggie Jackson was a silent partner in the project. One day at the shop Jackson had tried to get into the car and couldn't get his butt past the side structure. He's stuck, can't get out he's sweating like a pig took two of us to lift him out... comedy at it's best

So we were based out of Monterey and beside the race team and owning a coffee shop Reggie had also opened his own Golds Gym in town and he gave me a membership. So I go over one night, he's there and introduces me to a trainer.

Now I'm about 5'10'' and weigh 160 soaking wet, I'm slim... The trainer a woman is shorter than me and has muscles in places I don't even have places.

Reggie introduces us tells her what I do what it entails I explain I can't get any bigger really a racecar is a very tight fit so I want endurance not power. She starts telling me ok we'll use this machine and that machine and you do this and that and so many reps blah blah blah and Jackson butts in screaming "No he works in a shoe box, he has to fit in a shoe box! if his shoulders get bigger than my ass we're fuc*ed"

Trollsmasher
12-31-2013, 01:34 PM
What I get from this thread is that OP is a latent homosexual.

LEFT4DEAD
12-31-2013, 01:42 PM
OP is a very sad man. :rolleyes:

hateraid
12-31-2013, 01:55 PM
I need a training partner that can keep up. Where do you train? You should spot me bro

DonDadda59
12-31-2013, 02:20 PM
I hate huge dudes at the gym. Like honestly, you think that much muscle looks good? Plus your cardio is shit.

This you bro? :confusedshrug:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/machoman052011.jpg

Be honest bro, with cocaine biceps like that bro... you chased away your fair share of skinny dudes at the gym, bro.

Dresta
12-31-2013, 02:31 PM
OP is obviously a ****ing loser.

hateraid
12-31-2013, 02:40 PM
In all honesty I think OP is just messing around.
But in all serious the skinny dudes at the gym do bug me. But it's not the newbs, it's the ones that think they got something to prove. Trying to lift way more than they can comfortably do with such awkward form trying to show that they are stronger than the meatheads.

I'm all business in the gym. I don't bother anybody or pay attention to whats going on. In and out

Norcaliblunt
12-31-2013, 06:17 PM
It's all about being lean, flexible, and solid. Screw lifting insane amounts of weight and trying to get all bulky. That shit leaves you all stiff with nothing but a bad back, and messed up joints.

9erempiree
12-31-2013, 06:54 PM
:oldlol: @ you guys that go to the gym. Ugly out of shape bastards.

I don't need to go to they gym. All natural baby.

Bandito
12-31-2013, 06:59 PM
:oldlol: @ you guys that go to the gym. Ugly out of shape bastards.

I don't need to go to they gym. All natural baby.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NINQhGMPMi4/UlxtqA5GT5I/AAAAAAAAFDw/6uWVJ6vX8sQ/s1600/fat+guy+on+computer+984we.jpg
All natural baby!!!

9erempiree
12-31-2013, 07:04 PM
I am fortunate enough to have good genes and use to go to the gym. I'm 5'11'' about 185lb. I was ripped. I have an ectomorph body that allows me to get yoked up like Brad Pitt from this movie.

http://sociologyofstyle.com/sociologyofstyle/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/pic1_brad_pitt_shirtless_013-260x300.jpg

This was when I was in a relationship and worked out so I can perform in the sack. LOL @ these guys that workout for vanity. I was doing for performance like any athlete.

I don't mind skinny guys that workout but I can't stand the short guys that get all jacked up because it makes them look even shorter.

I have always wonder if these guys can even wipe their own ass. Non-flexible ass.

SpecialQue
12-31-2013, 07:15 PM
I am fortunate enough to have good genes and use to go to the gym. I'm 5'11'' about 185lb. I was ripped. I have an ectomorph body that allows me to get yoked up like Brad Pitt from this movie.

http://fanappic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/IMG_0425.jpg

This was when I was in a relationship and worked out so I can perform in the sack. LOL @ these guys that workout for vanity. I was doing for performance like any athlete.

I don't mind skinny guys that workout but I can't stand the short guys that get all jacked up because it makes them look even shorter.

I have always wonder if these guys can even wipe their own ass. Non-flexible ass.

:biggums:

9erempiree
12-31-2013, 07:23 PM
The problem with people working out for vanity especially guys, is that they do it for themselves. It's a selfish way of thinking and you will never accomplish your goals.

I am not a selfish person and the reason why I would workout, in the past, was so the women can enjoy my body.

No better feeling than getting out of the shower and laying in bed naked and fully erected and seeing your GF immediately enjoying herself on you.:applause:

Bandito
12-31-2013, 07:43 PM

I have always wonder if these guys can even wipe their own ass. Non-flexible ass.I wondered the same thing to be honest. And it's the same guy looking for a fight everywhere they go.

rezznor
12-31-2013, 07:54 PM

cosigned. got no problem with someone trying to improve themselves. brosephs who hog up a machine, just chatting up their friends, and wasting time bug me more.

Budadiiii
12-31-2013, 07:57 PM
The problem with people working out for vanity especially guys, is that they do it for themselves. It's a selfish way of thinking and you will never accomplish your goals.

I am not a selfish person and the reason why I would workout, in the past, was so the women can enjoy my body.

No better feeling than getting out of the shower and laying in bed naked and fully erected and seeing your GF immediately enjoying herself on you.:applause:
Just don't walk into my gym on twig mode and we won't have any problems.

ThatCoolKid
12-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Wow, I didn't realize how many skinny bitches are on ISH. Stay out of my gym bitches.

mlh1981
12-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Do you hate skinny dudes more than people who hog the equipment and don't wipe off their sweat? Those are the real enemies.

Bandito
12-31-2013, 10:04 PM
Do you hate skinny dudes more than people who hog the equipment and don't wipe off their sweat? Those are the real enemies.
I could care less about the sweat because I could clean that, but the people that hog the equipment piss me off to hell...

andgar923
12-31-2013, 10:15 PM

http://afrsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/kobe_face.jpg

Scholar
12-31-2013, 11:07 PM
OP is a very sad man. :rolleyes:

Actually, you're not wrong.

OP in another thread:

Honestly, this past year was pretty bad for me. Just getting through 2014 without suiciding would enough for me.

Hmm.. Maybe making fun of skinny guys isn't really helping old boy out much?

zoom17
01-01-2014, 02:30 AM
So you like your men big and strong? Ok then

:oldlol:

DonD13
01-01-2014, 05:14 AM
whenever I see a skinny man at my gym I say HEEY SKINNY MAN YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!

Sometimes I take the time and explain them that when I was 11-14 I worked out in the privacy of my own home.. until I was 'big' enough to put my workouts on display.

MetsPackers
01-01-2014, 05:25 AM
If this has turned into people we hate at the gym, I have to mainly agree with hateraid on the skinny dudes who throw up big weight with horrible form thinking anyone is impressed. Humping the air while barely using your arms to curl 40lb dumbbells will get you no gains, and you look like a clown.

Equipment thing is second. There's this guy at my gym who comes in every Friday and goes over to the one and only cable-cross machine, pulls a bench up to it, brings over 4 sets of dumbbells, and literally just takes over that corner of the gym for an hour. Then, when he's done, he literally just leaves all that shit there and walks out of the gym. I'm seriously contemplating bytching him out and making him clean it up one day just to prove a point. That's totally against gymbro code

Balla_Status
01-01-2014, 07:02 AM
Stronglifts is the best skinny guy workout out there.

chosen_one6
01-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Equipment thing is second. There's this guy at my gym who comes in every Friday and goes over to the one and only cable-cross machine, pulls a bench up to it, brings over 4 sets of dumbbells, and literally just takes over that corner of the gym for an hour. Then, when he's done, he literally just leaves all that shit there and walks out of the gym. I'm seriously contemplating bytching him out and making him clean it up one day just to prove a point. That's totally against gymbro code

I actually strained my lower back waiting for some douchebag to be done using the squat rack. He would do a set and then walk away for 2-3 minutes at a time. Come back, start a conversation, then do another set, rinse, repeat. I tried to keep my muscles warm but when I ended up doing my squats I hurt myself. From then on I hate when people take forever. Lesson learned.

PizzamanIRL
01-01-2014, 03:53 PM

http://s18.postimg.org/hnmlgb8jd/images.jpg

A strange egotistical one at that.

Wally450
01-01-2014, 04:11 PM

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read on this forum, the reason you lift is for yourself.

ThickassGlasses
01-01-2014, 04:11 PM

You are the kind of guy that when I "spot" you and don't row your "bench press" back up you get pissed that I didn't spot you correctly.

:no:

ThickassGlasses
01-01-2014, 04:13 PM

http://sociologyofstyle.com/sociologyofstyle/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/pic1_brad_pitt_shirtless_013-260x300.jpg

Brad Pitt was never, ever yoked.

:coleman:

tontoz
01-02-2014, 08:29 AM
I can't stand the guys who go back and forth between machines, not letting anyone else get on one. Or the guys who stand there talking for 5 minutes, then when you go up to a machine they say i was working on that one. F off

miggyme1
01-02-2014, 03:23 PM
LMAO at all the guys who care about the way other GUYS look in the gym.lol

u gotta start somewhere

I<3NBA
01-02-2014, 04:33 PM
to op: why go to the gym when you can workout at home? then you won't have to see skinny dudes that piss you off.

tmacattack33
01-02-2014, 04:35 PM

I remember when I used to care about how big I was and it was a big deal to be jacked. This was in high school.

I now can say, and I do so proudly, that I haven't really thought much about it in a while.

I workout so that I at least look somewhat decent to the opposite sex, and so that I am just healthy in general and have less of a chance of having major heart issues and stuff when I'm older.

Jailblazers7
01-02-2014, 04:45 PM
I hate every dude at the gym. If I had it my way the whole place would be empty other than women on the cardio machines.

CelticBaller
01-02-2014, 06:08 PM
I hate every dude at the gym. If I had it my way the whole place would be empty other than women on the cardio machines.
in yoga pants and booty shorts

-p.tiddy-
01-02-2014, 06:16 PM

I remember when I used to care about how big I was and it was a big deal to be jacked. This was in high school.

I now can say, and I do so proudly, that I haven't really thought much about it in a while.

I workout so that I at least look somewhat decent to the opposite sex, and so that I am just healthy in general and have less of a chance of having major heart issues and stuff when I'm older.
yep, exactly...men care about other's men's muscle sizes much more than women do

thread reminds me of this commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn5mzEAMAkY

Lamar Doom
01-02-2014, 08:25 PM
thread reminds me of this commercial:

whole message board reminds me of this commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTwU_62CUPI

Bandito
01-02-2014, 08:54 PM
in yoga pants and booty shorts
and in great shape.

HylianNightmare