PDA

View Full Version : Why Durant the leader for MVP ?

EllisGW
12-31-2013, 01:52 PM
Lebron has better overall numbers and has more of impact on the game. His per is better and ts is better, while shooting 3
less shots a game.

ripthekik
12-31-2013, 01:55 PM
lebron has a stacked team. His team can beat the blazers on their home court without him... and you're saying MVP? :oldlol:

russwest0
12-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Lebron has better overall numbers and has more of impact on the game. His per is better and ts is better, while shooting 3
less shots a game.

By better overall numbers you mean must FG% and assists right? Durant has him beat everywhere else and Durants team has the best record in the league.

KG215
12-31-2013, 02:02 PM
less shots a game.

Raw Stats

Durant: 37.8 MPG, 28.5 PPG, 8.3 RPG, 4.8 APG, 1.5 SPG, 0.9 BPG, 3.2 TOV, .496 FG%, .426 3P%, .881 FT%, 63% TS

LeBron: 36.1 MPG, 25.5 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 6.6 APG, 1.3 SPG, 0.3 BPG, 3.4 TOV, .590 FG%, .415 3P%, .757 FT%, 67% TS

Advanced Stats

Durant: 28.3 PER, 121 ORtg, 98 DRtg, 4.9 OWS, 2.2 DWS, 7.1 WS, .299 WS/48

LeBron: 29.6 PER, 123 ORtg, 103 DRtg, 5.2 OWS, 1.4 DWS, 6.5 WS, .290 WS/48

So yeah...LeBron having better overall numbers is very debatable.

Haks
12-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Wait Durant leads lebron in ppg rpg spg bpg less turnovers per game better 3pt% and freethrow% yet lebron has overall better numbers???????????????????????????????

branslowski
12-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Better numbers?:roll:

Durant more ppg, reb, stls, blks, 3pt%, and ft%...More dominant games throughout the year. Aswell as better team record in a stronger conference. And beat Rockets without Westbrook, while LeBron's team is beating Portland without him, yet playing close games to the likes of Kings and Nuggets with him.:oldlol:

Shits not debatable rightnow.

TheMarkMadsen
12-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Lebrons impact this regular season isn't MVP worthy, his team just doesn't need him to carry that much of a load for them to have a chance to win

KG215
12-31-2013, 02:14 PM
I keep forgetting that, in LeBron stans' minds, better FG% = better overall stats.

Fudge
12-31-2013, 02:16 PM
:roll:

SpecialQue
Because Lebron already won Christmas MVP.

VIntageNOvel
I keep forgetting that, in LeBron stans' minds, better FG% = better overall stats.

welcome to 2014 :applause:
#efficientdoe

Nash
12-31-2013, 02:18 PM
Lebrons impact this regular season isn't MVP worthy, his team just doesn't need him to carry that much of a load for them to have a chance to win
Leads his team in ppg, apg and rpg. No impact?

I swear, I think you guys started to believe your own lies.

Durant is a little bit ahead but to say Lebron is way off or anything like that is stupid. And let's wait and see how they perform when they go at each other.

imdaman99
12-31-2013, 02:18 PM
Lefficient :rockon:

branslowski
12-31-2013, 02:22 PM

Durant is a little bit ahead but to say Lebron is way off or anything like that is stupid. And let's wait and see how they perform when they go at each other.

Not really that Bron has no impact, It's the Fact that Durant's impact super ceeds LeBron's. LeBron's team can win games with him scoring 18pts on 6/8 shooting....Lamar Odom type sh!t.

Solefade
12-31-2013, 02:23 PM
Durants beating bron in all of those categories listed above but he's only leading his team in PPG while lebron leads his team in almost all of those categories

i would still give KD a slight nod ahead of bron but not much

Element
12-31-2013, 02:24 PM
LeBron's team can win games with him scoring 18pts on 6/8 shooting....Lamar Odom type sh!t.
:lol

TheMarkMadsen
12-31-2013, 02:25 PM

where did i say no impact?

his impact isn't MVP worth because he doesn't have to carry as much of a load as other players this year due to the stacked team around him

its that simple

Solefade
12-31-2013, 02:25 PM
Not really that Bron has no impact, It's the Fact that Durant's impact super ceeds LeBron's. LeBron's team can win games with him scoring 18pts on 6/8 shooting....Lamar Odom type sh!t.

what determines bron has no impact when he leads his team in every category? 1 game against the blazers? :lol

bron is averaging 25ppg on 3 less shots attempted than durant

branslowski
12-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Durants beating bron in all of those categories listed above but he's only leading his team in PPG while lebron leads his team in almost all of those categories

i would still give KD a slight nod ahead of bron but not much

So is the MVP race Durant vs his own team? Or Durant vs LeBron?...Anyhow Durant lets his teammates create their own shots, while LeBron holds the ball for stats...The rebounds, yea cool, LeBron leads his team, but Durant still owns LeBron 8>>6.

Solefade
12-31-2013, 02:28 PM
So is the MVP race Durant vs his own team? Or Durant vs LeBron?...Anyhow Durant lets his teammates create their own shots, while LeBron holds the ball for stats...The rebounds, yea cool, LeBron leads his team, but Durant still owns LeBron 8>>6.

do you even watch any heat games? cus it sounds like you don't lol

the ball movement with the miami heat is immense there's no "kobe" or "melo" ball in miami

EllisGW
lebron has better numbers and has more impact on defense....its really that simple

branslowski
what determines bron has no impact when he leads his team in every game? 1 game against the blazers? :lol

bron is averaging 25ppg on 3 less shots attempted than durant

Never said Bron doesn't have impact, ofcource he does, just like Tyson Chandler impacted the Mavs, I'm saying LeBron's impact isn't on Durant's level clearly. Unbiased view honestly because I'm neither a Durant or Bron fan.

imdaman99
12-31-2013, 02:29 PM

his impact isn't MVP worth because he doesn't have to carry as much of a load as other players this year due to the stacked team around him

its that simple
Stacked? Come on man, just because Wade and Bosh can score 30 pts on their own teams doesn't mean they are any good. Lebron has to do it all, the Heat would win 2 games a year without him.

At least, that's what the bran stans will have you believe

upside24
12-31-2013, 02:30 PM
It's close right now and I never thought I would pick anyone over LeBron for MVP but Durant has had I think sixteen +30 point games already many of those with double digits in boards.

LeBron has been amazing as always but KD is laying waste to teams left and right dominating not just through scoring but facilitating and making a concerted effort to rebound.

As others have mentioned the Thunder's record has to be taken into account and Durant has taken it to another level since Westbrook's injury.

At the moment I believe KD is the MVP but I have no doubt that LeBron will crank it up as the season goes along so we will have to wait and see.

branslowski
12-31-2013, 02:31 PM
do you even watch any heat games? cus it sounds like you don't lol

the ball movement with the miami heat is immense there's no "kobe" or "melo" ball in miami

You can ball hog without shooting it num nuts....I just know Bosh won't get another chance at a 37pt 10reb game with LeBron playing. Back to spot up and 2sec left on the shotclock Jumpers for Bosh.

Solefade
12-31-2013, 02:32 PM
Never said Bron doesn't have impact, ofcource he does, just like Tyson Chandler impacted the Mavs, I'm saying LeBron's impact isn't on Durant's level clearly. Unbiased view honestly because I'm neither a Durant or Bron fan.

It's arguable that KD doesn't even have a biggest impact on his team. We saw Westbrook go out of the playoffs last year and OKC suddenly became a sinking ship.

DonDadda59
12-31-2013, 02:33 PM
Voter fatigue. Same thing that happened to Jordan in his prime. People start looking for any little excuse to give the award to the Barkleys and Malones of the World.

Should provide Bron with some added motivation to embarrass Durant in the finals should they meet/Kevin wins the MVP

Trollsmasher
12-31-2013, 02:34 PM
It's arguable that KD doesn't even have a biggest impact on his team. We saw Westbrook go out of the playoffs last year and OKC suddenly became a sinking ship.
It has been even clearer this season that Westbrook has a bigger impact than KD. Too bad surgery came when he was finally rounding into the form and outplaying Durant every night.

Solefade
12-31-2013, 02:36 PM
You can ball hog without shooting it num nuts....I just know Bosh won't get another chance at a 37pt 10reb game with LeBron playing. Back to spot up and 2sec left on the shotclock Jumpers for Bosh.

Where did i say anything about shooting the ball too much? Lebron dominates the ball but rarely does it ever stick on any one single player. like i said, the ball movement in miami is very good.

DaSeba5
It's very close. People who say Durant for MVP have very good reasons to have him over LeBron, but the ones who act like it's not close and Durant should run away with it... just :roll:

branslowski

Except for the playoffs was last year, and this MVP race is this year. Inwhich Durant has more ppg, reb, blk, stls, ft%, 3pt% and less turnovers than LeBron, while having more impact on games (Durant has like 8 30-5-5 games vs LeBron's 3), aswell as a better team Record in a stronger conference.

It's not even close rightnow honestly.:oldlol:

Solefade
12-31-2013, 02:37 PM
Voter fatigue. Same thing that happened to Jordan in his prime. People start looking for any little excuse to give the award to the Barkleys and Malones of the World.

Should provide Bron with some added motivation to embarrass Durant in the finals should they meet/Kevin wins the MVP

voter fatigue only applied to Jordan because he didn't top his previous seasons, if bron continues to out perform his previous seasons and outplays durant down the stretch of the season he should win again.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-31-2013, 02:38 PM

Jordan >>>> LeBron

Fudge
12-31-2013, 02:38 PM
It's not even arguable yet, let alone a fact.

We wouldn't know that for certain without seeing KD out, with Westbrook in, and how Russ would shoulder the load without KD. That argument is empty. From what we've seen so far this year, Durant has been winning games without Westbrook, and Miami's won a game without LeBron. That's it, that's all.

branslowski
12-31-2013, 02:39 PM

Have you looked at Durant's impact? Dominance? His better numbers? His team having a better record in a stronger conference? This ain't no voters fatigue bullshit excuse, Durant is flat out playing better.

Solefade
12-31-2013, 02:40 PM
It's not even arguable yet, let alone a fact.

We wouldn't know that for certain without seeing KD out, with Westbrook in, and how Russ would shoulder the load. From what we've seen so far this year, Durant has been winning games without Westbrook, and Miami's won a game without LeBron. That's it, that's all.

Lol, why do we need to see how Russell plays without Durant to see how good or impactful Durant really is? If Durant is considered the second best player in the league and the most "impactful" and you're trying to make a good case for his MVP, we don't need to see that other part.

The thing we have seen is how shitty Durant plays when Westbrook is out on the bigger stage (playoffs).

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-31-2013, 02:43 PM
It's very close. People who say Durant for MVP have very good reasons to have him over LeBron, but the ones who act like it's not close and Durant should run away with it... just :roll:

Agreed. Anybody saying otherwise has a clear agenda/rooted interest.

I'm cool w/ letting em split the MVP. :lol

Fudge
12-31-2013, 02:45 PM
Lol, why do we need to see how Russell plays without Durant to see how good or impactful Durant really is?
What do you mean why? Because you clearly just suggested that Russ was arguably the most impactful on the team based on how Durant played alone in the playoffs.

DonDadda59
12-31-2013, 02:45 PM
Have you looked at Durant's impact? Dominance? His better numbers? His team having a better record in a stronger conference? This ain't no voters fatigue bullshit excuse, Durant is flat out playing better.

No he's not. :lol

And I hope Durant gets his consolation MVP and the Heat-Thunder meet again in the finals. Then all the talk of stacked teams for a whole summer will begin anew :lol

Would be nice to see Bron get revenge Jordan style like in '93 against Barkley or '97 against Malone when they stole his MVPs. Took their hearts and more rings as consolation prizes :pimp:

TheMarkMadsen
12-31-2013, 02:46 PM
Lol, why do we need to see how Russell plays without Durant to see how good or impactful Durant really is? If Durant is considered the second best player in the league and the most "impactful" and you're trying to make a good case for his MVP, we don't need to see that other part.

The thing we have seen is how shitty Durant plays when Westbrook is out on the bigger stage (playoffs).

The point you're trying to make is beyond irrelevant..

they don't give MVP's based off what happened the previous year in the playoffs, you should know this after Lebron won the 2012 MVP.

MVP is about this year, and so far this year KD has been more important to his team success than Lebron and has been better all around or just as good all around, and has been better scoring and defensively

Nash
12-31-2013, 02:48 PM

its that simple
Hmm.. Wade, his 2nd option is taking a bunch of games off because of his bum knee.

And this talk about team being stacked is getting out of hand. The roster is the oldest in the league and there is no front court at all.

What is it Lebron has in Miami today that Durant doesn't have in OKC?

branslowski
12-31-2013, 02:50 PM
No he's not. :lol:

Dondadda, please explain with facts to me how LeBron has been better this season? Just as I and other posters explained Durant's case. Don't worry, I'll wait.

And please don't say LeBron deserves MVP because his DeAndre Jordan-esque fg%.:facepalm

TheMarkMadsen
12-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Hmm.. Wade, his 2nd option is taking a bunch of games off because of his bum knee.

And this talk about team being stacked is getting out of hand. The roster is the oldest in the league and there is no front court at all.

and they are 4-4 in the games Wade sits out..

Solefade
12-31-2013, 02:53 PM
The point you're trying to make is beyond irrelevant..

they don't give MVP's based off what happened the previous year in the playoffs, you should know this after Lebron won the 2012 MVP.

MVP is about this year, and so far this year KD has been more important to his team success than Lebron and has been better all around or just as good all around, and has been better scoring and defensively

Right, but I think you noticed around this board when Westbrook went down again everyone was saying "There goes Durant's MVP" for a reason..we've witnessed how he performed in the playoffs last year without Westbrook so everyone is basing it off that. So far, he's making a good case for himself still but there's not as big of a gap in the MVP race between Durant and Bron as you think.

Fudge
12-31-2013, 02:53 PM

Let's exclude their second options, just for your sake.

Bosh
Allen
Beasley
Chalmers
Cole
Andersen
Battier
Haslem
Lewis
Jones
Mason

vs

Ibaka
Lamb
Jackson
Collison
Adams
Fisher
Roberson
Gomes
Thabeet

And then you ask THIS? :oldlol:

branslowski
12-31-2013, 02:54 PM
and they are 4-4 in the games Wade sits out..

And Christmas MVP LeBron played in all those games, and If my math is correct, that's a .500 record even.:oldlol:

Trollsmasher
12-31-2013, 02:54 PM
Durant has an obvious advantage of playing in the West. It's easy to pad those stats against these fools.

DonDadda59
12-31-2013, 02:56 PM
Dondadda, please explain with facts to me how LeBron has been better this season? Just as I and other posters explained Durant's case. Don't worry, I'll wait.

And please don't say LeBron deserves MVP because his DeAndre Jordan-esque fg%.:facepalm

A) Never said Lebron has been better, just refuted you saying Durant has been 'flat out better' than Bron. That's completely asinine.

B) Lebron's shooting percentage should not be swept under the rug or put in the same category as DeAndre Jordan. What he is doing on the basketball court in terms of efficiency from a perimeter player who does more than just catch alley oops and get the occassional put back layup is otherwordly. There's not even a handful of players historically who can do what Lebron is doing right now and Kevin Durant is not anywhere remotely near talented enough to be one of them.

So yeah, not something to marginalize. It's a testament to the man's brilliance that he can do these things with Karl Malone's build.

But now that AchillesBe is out of action I guess this is a good way to pass the time? :confusedshrug:

leMVP
12-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Lebron isn't even playing at 75% of his normal self, plagued by minor injuries and mental fatigue from the last couple of seasons.

And yet his numbers are impressive enough to rival 100% Durant.

#GOAT_GOATING

Nash
12-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Let's exclude their second options, just for your sake.

Bosh
Allen
Beasley
Chalmers
Cole
Andersen
Battier
Haslem
Lewis
Jones
Mason

vs

Ibaka
Lamb
Jackson
Collison
Adams
Fisher
Roberson
Gomes
Thabeet

And then you ask THIS? :oldlol:
You really want to compare?

Miami has the oldest bench. And I'm pretty OKC wouldn't want anybody out of that Miami bench if it meant losing their counterpart. Besides Beasley, who by the way was persona non grata before Miami took a chance on him.

Except the trash at the end of the bench:

Chalmers/Cole for Reggie Jackson? Pretty sure OKC says no.
Would OKC trade Jeremy Lamb for 38 year old Allen?
Perkins for Birdman?
Haslem/Joel Anthony for Adams?
Thabo for Battier/Lewis?

And this is without even stating the fact that Durant has the better 2nd option in Westbrook over current Wade.

Stacked this and stacked that yet nobody would make any of those trades if they were OKC.

Solefade
12-31-2013, 03:43 PM

Miami has the oldest bench. And I'm pretty OKC wouldn't want anybody out of that Miami bench if it meant losing their counterpart. Besides Beasley, who by the way was persona non grata before Miami took a chance on him.

Perkins for Birdman?
Thabo for Battier/Lewis?

And this is without even stating the fact that Durant has the better 2nd option in Westbrook over current Wade.

Stacked this and stacked that yet nobody would make any of those trades if they were OKC.

once they get ethered, they disappear. :applause:

Trollsmasher
12-31-2013, 03:47 PM

Perkins for Birdman?
Thabo for Battier/Lewis?

http://www.general-anaesthesia.com/images/ether.jpg

They would trade Perk for Birdman though

nycjeff45
12-31-2013, 04:12 PM

Perkins for Birdman?
Thabo for Battier/Lewis?

repping this ...

russwest0
12-31-2013, 04:15 PM

Perkins for Birdman?
Thabo for Battier/Lewis?

The main reason OKC says no to many of those trades is because their players are much younger with way better potential.

It doesn't mean anyone with title hopes is taking Lamb over Ray Ray this year or many of the other scenarios you listed.

So yes, Miami is absolutely stacked, however OKC is set up much better for the future.

DaSeba5
12-31-2013, 04:15 PM

Perkins for Birdman?
Thabo for Battier/Lewis?

Damn... /thread

Repped also

Legends66NBA7
12-31-2013, 04:20 PM

Never said Bron doesn't have impact, ofcource he does, just like Tyson Chandler impacted the Mavs, I'm saying LeBron's impact isn't on Durant's level clearly..

This is all bullshit.

Although, I would have Durant as MVP right now.

chazzy
12-31-2013, 04:24 PM

Perkins for Birdman?
Thabo for Battier/Lewis?

Why would trade scenarios, factoring in age and contracts etc. determine the amount of help they have THIS YEAR? Bosh is better than Ibaka. Birdman better than Perkins. Battier and Thabo are a pretty much a wash but Battiers a more versatile defender and better 3pt shooter. Wade's better than Westbrook. Allen's better than Lamb and more proven. Beasley's better than whoever OKCs backup wing is. The only advantages are Jackson and Adams really.

russwest0
12-31-2013, 04:29 PM
Raw Stats

Durant: 37.8 MPG, 28.5 PPG, 8.3 RPG, 4.8 APG, 1.5 SPG, 0.9 BPG, 3.2 TOV, .496 FG%, .426 3P%, .881 FT%, 63% TS

LeBron: 36.1 MPG, 25.5 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 6.6 APG, 1.3 SPG, 0.3 BPG, 3.4 TOV, .590 FG%, .415 3P%, .757 FT%, 67% TS

Advanced Stats

Durant: 28.3 PER, 121 ORtg, 98 DRtg, 4.9 OWS, 2.2 DWS, 7.1 WS, .299 WS/48

LeBron: 29.6 PER, 123 ORtg, 103 DRtg, 5.2 OWS, 1.4 DWS, 6.5 WS, .290 WS/48

http://sentimentalmoviemarathon.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/weebay.gif

DAAAAMN... Thread over

Solefade
12-31-2013, 04:35 PM
Why would trade scenarios, factoring in age and contracts etc. determine the amount of help they have THIS YEAR? Bosh is better than Ibaka. Birdman better than Perkins. Battier and Thabo are a pretty much a wash but Battiers a more versatile defender and better 3pt shooter. Wade's better than Westbrook. Allen's better than Lamb and more proven. Beasley's better than whoever OKCs backup wing is. The only advantages are Jackson and Adams really.

Ibaka and Bosh are a wash, whatever Ibaka lacks in offense, he makes up for defense. Battier is a more versatile defender but he gets shitted on by guys bigger than him all the time, Thabo is probably a better on ball defender at this point of their careers and Wade is def not better than Westbrook, not at this point of their careers. Allen def has more playoff experience but lamb is shaping up to be pretty nice, and Beasley no one wanted to take a chance on except for the Heat.

juju151111
12-31-2013, 04:37 PM
It has been even clearer this season that Westbrook has a bigger impact than KD. Too bad surgery came when he was finally rounding into the form and outplaying Durant every night.
Outplaying Durant? What are you smoking. Durant about to win player of the month.

K Xerxes
12-31-2013, 04:37 PM
It's pretty simply for me. If the season ended now, Durant deserves the MVP. He is playing at an unbelievable level. But LeBron is still the best player in the game.

What will probably decide this MVP race is their matchup. If Durant holds his own and wins one of the two games, he'll get it. Last season he got pretty much dominated by Lebron, although I do remember him doing some Bron level garbage time statpadding for a 40 point game. Miami ain't going for 27 wins a row this season so all Durant needs to do is hold his own IMO.

This, kids, is why you shouldn't do drugs.

juju151111
12-31-2013, 04:39 PM
No he's not. :lol

And I hope Durant gets his consolation MVP and the Heat-Thunder meet again in the finals. Then all the talk of stacked teams for a whole summer will begin anew :lol

Would be nice to see Bron get revenge Jordan style like in '93 against Barkley or '97 against Malone when they stole his MVPs. Took their hearts and more rings as consolation prizes :pimp:
Durant is playing better and LJ isn't Mj. LJ barly outplayed KD in the 12 finals and that was with sketchy officiating.

juju151111
12-31-2013, 04:43 PM
A) Never said Lebron has been better, just refuted you saying Durant has been 'flat out better' than Bron. That's completely asinine.

B) Lebron's shooting percentage should not be swept under the rug or put in the same category as DeAndre Jordan. What he is doing on the basketball court in terms of efficiency from a perimeter player who does more than just catch alley oops and get the occassional put back layup is otherwordly. There's not even a handful of players historically who can do what Lebron is doing right now and Kevin Durant is not anywhere remotely near talented enough to be one of them.

So yeah, not something to marginalize. It's a testament to the man's brilliance that he can do these things with Karl Malone's build.

But now that AchillesBe is out of action I guess this is a good way to pass the time? :confusedshrug:
LJ is cherrypicking through. It won't stay like this come playoff time. LJ is not that much better then Durant and the gap is closing.

KG215
12-31-2013, 04:46 PM
Pretty much this. Nash with a terrible, bullshit way to decide who has more help. Yes, anyone with a brain would tell you OKC's bench pieces have more potential and no one would willingly trade them for older, more expensive players. Doesn't mean shit when it comes to talking about the here and now, because Miami is still arguably as deep or deeper than OKC and has the whole experience/playoff grit thing going for them while OKC has a lot of young, unproven playoff performers coming off their bench.

KG215
12-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Ibaka and Bosh are a wash, whatever Ibaka lacks in offense, he makes up for defense.
No, Bosh is a better player than Iabaka. Period.

Battier is a more versatile defender but he gets shitted on by guys bigger than him all the time,
That's Thabo's biggest weakness, too, except he struggles with bigger wings like Joe Johnson and LeBron.

Wade is def not better than Westbrook, not at this point of their careers. Allen def has more playoff experience but lamb is shaping up to be pretty nice, and Beasley no one wanted to take a chance on except for the Heat.
Wade and Westbrook is, at the very least, very arguable. I'd probably take a healthy wade right now over Westbrook. Admittedly it's very close and you can't go wrong either way, but to act like it's "definitely" Westbrook is very stupid.

EllisGW
12-31-2013, 05:39 PM
the only thing Durant has over lebron is ft percentage and rebounds. lebron would clearly average more points if shot same as Durant. Durant is better a shooter besides that lebron does everything better. The same things goes for this year.

Fudge
12-31-2013, 05:43 PM

I don't care how old they are, nor how young our bench is, they flat out play better as a whole than our current bench. Besides, give me the more established/expierienced bench players that have a solid reputation than young players that have the potential to wet the bed.

For one of them? Hell no.

Now ask me if i'd rather want one of those guys for Fisher.

I'd probably do this just because of Ray's ability to be a consistent 3pt threat.

Perkins for Birdman?
Without thinking twice, hell yeah.

No.

Thabo for Battier/Lewis?
Yeah.

How about Beasley for Roberson? Gimme Beasley. James Jones/Mason Jr for Gomes? Hell yeah.

:oldlol: @ devaluing Wade just because he sits out some games. When he does play, he plays great. You guys slobber over it too. Outplays James in some games. 19/5/5 on GREAT efficiency? I'd probably think about it. Isn't that clear-cut how you make it out to be.

I'd probably take current Bosh over Ibaka as well.

Lmao

knicksman
12-31-2013, 06:20 PM
lebron +/- regular season=12.6
+/- playoffs=3.7

that impact doe:lol

KG215
12-31-2013, 06:25 PM
Seriously, that is some unbelievably terrible logic when comparing the teams in terms of "win now" mode.

Almost the only reason OKC wouldn't do any of those trades is because they have the younger, cheaper players. Not because they're necessarily better suited than their Miami counterpart to help their team win this season.

Nash
12-31-2013, 06:26 PM
I don't care how old they are, nor how young our bench is, they flat out play better as a whole than our current bench. Besides, give me the more established/expierienced bench players that have a solid reputation than young players that have the potential to wet the bed.

Ok then, take the old players Lewis, Haslem, Battier, Birdman, Allen, Anthony and and all of their experience and give Miami back their younger counterparts. I pretty sure you'd be complaining about how awesome and stacked the young and athletic Miami bench is when they do well over there too.

For one of them? Hell no.

Now ask me if i'd rather want one of those guys for Fisher.

Why would I? Fisher is a 3rd string PG, that's like comparing him to Mason JR.

I'd probably do this just because of Ray's ability to be a consistent 3pt threat.

OKC wouldn't. Lamb is averaging same ppg with less minutes. Have you even seen Allen play lately? His age is showing, he's not very fast and he's not the Boston Allen. You rarely ever see him do much besides shoot 3 pointers.

Without thinking twice, hell yeah.
You honestly believe OKC would make this deal? Perkins would be a an answer to Miami's issues with big men. Perkins does great job in defence, just look at how well he handled Howard a few days ago. Birdman would essentially be just another Collison for OKC. Giving up Perkins would make OKC end up with the same problems that Miami have with big men today.

How about Beasley for Roberson? Gimme Beasley. James Jones/Mason Jr for Gomes? Hell yeah.
Beasley I already admitted OKC would want(even though they like the rest of the league showed zero interest when he was available and now he's the bees knees because Miami has him).
Neither James Jones, Mason or Gomes play a significant role in Miami or OKC's success.

:oldlol: @ devaluing Wade just because he sits out some games. When he does play, he plays great. You guys slobber over it too. Outplays James in some games. 19/5/5 on GREAT efficiency? I'd probably think about it. Isn't that clear-cut how you make it out to be.

This has nothing to do with devaluing Wade. But Westbrook is better at this point of their careers, there is a reason why Westbrook is in the top 10 in the MVP's rankings for this season. Westbrook averages more points, assists and doesn't take games off because of a bum knee.

I'd probably take current Bosh over Ibaka as well.
I'd take Bosh over Ibaka too but lets not act as if Ibaka doesn't average only 2 ppg less than Bosh while being a better rebounder and is actually one of the best, if not the best, shot blockers in the world. Ibaka brings more variety to the table.

knicksman
12-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Lebron isn't even playing at 75% of his normal self, plagued by minor injuries and mental fatigue from the last couple of seasons.

And yet his numbers are impressive enough to rival 100% Durant.

#GOAT_GOATING

The true lebron is the one that plays in the playoffs..playoffs lebron hasnt established a TS% of 60 in miami..:lol

Fudge
12-31-2013, 06:51 PM
Ok then, take the old players Lewis, Haslem, Battier, Birdman, Allen, Anthony and and all of their experience and give Miami back their younger counterparts. I pretty sure you'd be complaining about how awesome and stacked the young and athletic Miami bench is when they do well over there too.
Complaining? I'm not even "complaining" how stacked their team is now. Just really pointing it out. You guys take offence to it because you somehow think it's a shot to LeBron, when we're acknowledging how great this Heat team is.

And yes, give me all of those guys for our young guys. Sure, they're athletic and young, but they have more inconsistencies than your older guys. It'll definitely pay off come playoff time.

OKC wouldn't. Lamb is averaging same ppg with less minutes. Have you even seen Allen play lately? His age is showing, he's not very fast and he's not the Boston Allen. You rarely ever see him do much besides shoot 3 pointers.
Coasting bro, coasting. He's unleashing his entire clutch prowess come playoff time. But you're right, right now, Lamb is outplaying Ray.

You honestly believe OKC would make this deal? Perkins would be a an answer to Miami's issues with big men. Perkins does great job in defence, just look at how well he handled Howard a few days ago.
:oldlol:

I can't tell if you're serious. He's slow with defensive rotations, overrated man defender, poor help defender, WORST pick and roll defender, everything Miami wouldn't want.

He got his reputation mainly because of Dwight. He's always done a great job on Dwight. Everybody else? He'll get torched. Have him though, and we'll take Birdman to be our starting C. Ask any Thunder fan, and they'll call you an idiot if you actually want to pull this trade off.

Birdman would essentially be just another Collison for OKC. Giving up Perkins would make OKC end up with the same problems that Miami have with big men today.
And this is a bad thing how? Give me 2 Collisons than Collison and Perk. Again, ask any Thunder fan. They'd say the same thing.

This has nothing to do with devaluing Wade. But Westbrook is better at this point of their careers, there is a reason why Westbrook is in the top 10 in the MVP's rankings for this season. Westbrook averages more points, assists and doesn't take games off because of a bum knee.
He is better, but it's not as clear cut as you make it out to be. For what we have going on in OKC, Westbrook is the perfect fit. We need his ability to penetrate and score.

A healthy Wade is ON PAR with Westbrook. But we've only seen glimpses of that.

I'd take Bosh over Ibaka too but lets not act as if Ibaka doesn't average only 2 ppg less than Bosh while being a better rebounder and is actually one of the best, if not the best, shot blockers in the world. Ibaka brings more variety to the table.
We're not acting like ...anything. They're a wash with their mid range and 3 pt game. Bosh is much more skilled in the post, thus delivering more consistent buckets down there. MUCH better man defender, post defender, P&R defender. Ibaka's the better rebounder and help defender. That's about it. Give me Bosh as a 3rd option any day of the week.

branslowski
12-31-2013, 07:06 PM
:

My bad, had to bust a move...

:oldlol: At the semantics aka strawman argument. Ok so Durant's been better, not "flat out" better lol....So he's been better so can you cut the BS "voters fatigued" excuses out? If Durant wins, It's because he's better, not voters fatigue, especially when da whole media on Bron's d!ck.

russwest0
12-31-2013, 07:09 PM
Come in thread,

see LeBron dickeaters acting like he has a shit supporting cast

MFW

http://img.playground.ru/images/7/9/1de8e7e2_NicolasCageLaugh.gif

Ken_Masters
12-31-2013, 07:16 PM
LJ is cherrypicking through. It won't stay like this come playoff time. LJ is not that much better then Durant and the gap is closing.

Totally agree. Durant is a better scorer than James. James is a better passer. Durant is leading in rebounds this season but i would say overall Durant has closed the gap and they are even in that department. James' field goal percentage is inflated because he never gets double teamed and just takes wide open practice shots all game. James is a good defender, but not great. So is Durant. So honestly, besides James being a better passer they are just about even in my opinion.