PDA

View Full Version : Take away fg%, is LeBron's numbers still godly? MVP worthy?

branslowski
12-31-2013, 07:32 PM
LeBron 25.5ppg 6.6ast 6.9reb 1.3stls 0.3blks (Lowest of Career, blks) this season. God like? MVP like?

Compared to Bron's best year IMO: 09' - 29.7ppg 8.6ast 7.3reb 1.6stls 1.0blk (chase down Block dominating). That's dominating.

Compared to old Kobe last season: 27.3ppg 5.6reb 6ast 1.4stls 0.3blk. Not much difference honestly. Kobe basically avg same ast, with nearly 2 more ppg.

So without fg%, is Bron's numbers dominant? Or is he only YOUR MVP because of fg%?

Disclaimer: Just asking an objective question to you guys...If you madd that I took fg% out then you should just avoid this thread because It's the main topic.

Jameerthefear
12-31-2013, 07:35 PM
this one is going to be fun

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-31-2013, 07:36 PM
You can't take away his FG%, though. ~25ppg on ~59% shooting is pretty impressive (yeah...even if he is 'cherry picking').

Legends66NBA7
12-31-2013, 07:36 PM
James is a MVP candidate regardless of his fg%. James has been a dominant player since his second season in the league.

All this talk is just ridiculous semantics.

moe94
12-31-2013, 07:38 PM
Take away what makes his season great and is it really great?

Laker stans reaching like Dhalsim.

Trollsmasher
12-31-2013, 07:38 PM
Why should I do it?

Budadiiii
12-31-2013, 07:39 PM
Take away my dick am I still a man?

HoopsFanNumero1
12-31-2013, 07:40 PM
Take away this site. Does OP have a life?

branslowski
12-31-2013, 07:41 PM
You can't take away his FG%, though. ~25ppg on ~59% shooting is pretty impressive (yeah...even if he is 'cherry picking').

But you can take it away....This thread is asking is his numbers godly/MVP worthy without fg% stat. That's it.

Not taking anything away from Bron, he's been dominatly efficient this season and leading his team to the top record in the mighty East. (4-4 record without Wade though, weird)

Jameerthefear
Take away my dick am I still a man?
You're still alpha as fvck. So I'd say so.

moe94
Take away the Mario, is Super Mario still Mario?

branslowski
12-31-2013, 07:42 PM
Take away this site. Does OP have a life?

Yea, prob would be more angry throughout days since this site calms me down from da outside world I'm dabbled in.:confusedshrug:

HoopsFanNumero1
12-31-2013, 07:44 PM
Yea, prob would be more angry throughout days since this site calms me down from da outside world I'm dabbled in.:confusedshrug:

For real or being sarcastic?

Budadiiii
12-31-2013, 07:44 PM
You're still alpha as fvck. So I'd say so.
Will rep in the future.

kurt_rambis
12-31-2013, 07:45 PM
replace the 59% with anything over 48% and he's still in the top 2 for MVP

Budadiiii
N*ggas dead serious.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
But you can take it away....This thread is asking is his numbers godly/MVP worthy without fg% stat. That's it.

Not taking anything away from Bron, he's been dominatly efficient this season and leading his team to the top record in the mighty East. (4-4 record without Wade though, weird)

Those stats completely raw, without shooting percentages, aren't particularly 'godly', no. What's the point of not including ALL of his numbers, though? Scoring a lot of points and being efficient while doing it...is impressive.

moe94
12-31-2013, 07:46 PM
I like the honesty.

GrapeApe
12-31-2013, 07:56 PM
Take away Durant's scoring or Paul's assists or Love's rebounds and suddenly their stats aren't as impressive. See how that works?

Element
12-31-2013, 08:03 PM
Take away Durant's scoring or Paul's assists or Love's rebounds and suddenly their stats aren't as impressive. See how that works?

So basically you're saying LeBron's FG% is = Durant's ppg, Love's rpg and Paul's apg? :lol

Imo KD is clear cut MVP because of many things apart from efficiency, such as team record, dominance and defense (LeBron has been pretty average so far this year)

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-31-2013, 08:04 PM
So basically you're saying LeBron's FG% is = Durant's ppg, Love's rpg and Paul's apg? :lol

Imo KD is clear cut MVP because of many things apart from efficiency, such as team record, dominance and defense (LeBron has been pretty average so far this year)

Not to speak for the guy, but they're directly correlated.

TheReal Kendall
You're basically handicapping Bron but I don't feel like he should be MVP this year.

noob cake
LeBron is shooting 10% higher than Durant in FG%, and 4.5% higher in TS despite the freebies that Durant gets every game.

moe94
12-31-2013, 08:07 PM

Durant is a better defender than LeBron now?

And "dominance"? What does that even mean? 25 PPG on 59% shooting as a SF screams dominance to me, but clearly not to you.

russwest0
12-31-2013, 08:10 PM

And "dominance"? What does that even mean? 25 PPG on 59% shooting as a SF screams dominance to me, but clearly not to you.

He's been better since last year, where the hell have you been

Element
12-31-2013, 08:11 PM

Dominance means games in which he flat out dominated and catalyzed the team. Games where he just took over. LeBron's 30+ game against the Kings was a perfect example of non-dominance lol. Dude was invisible the entire second half and only started looking for his shot with the game out of reach.

Durant isnt a better defender but lets be real LeBron has been coasting hard on that end so far, while Durant has again shown consistent improvement. And Im saying this as someone who thinks KD's defense and playmaking are overrated and that he gets too many phantom calls in games. This year so far tho, none of it (except for the phantom calls stuff).

Suguru101
12-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Take away what makes his season great and is it really great?

Laker stans reaching like Dhalsim.

:roll:

Repped for Street Fighter reference. :cheers:

inclinerator
12-31-2013, 08:15 PM
take away op's drug lord title, what does he have left?

Trollsmasher
12-31-2013, 08:21 PM
Take away the mpg. Are those stats any good?

Illuminati
12-31-2013, 08:24 PM
Damn, this is terrible thread.

noob cake
12-31-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm not a Heat fan, and even I know this shit is getting ridiculous.

LeBron James is by far the single most dominant player in the NBA right now. He is a one man fast break machine, kills you with his vision and passing, cannot be stopped on the drive, defends your best player and sets the tempo for his team. There is a reason why LeBron is already a top 10 player of all times.

Durant really can't touch his jock.

coin24
12-31-2013, 08:45 PM
2012 gawdbe >>>> current prime batgirlBran

Will batgirl go out on her own and try to win without batman and robin?

The JKidd Kid
12-31-2013, 08:52 PM
It makes absolutely no sense to take out FG%.

HoopsFanNumero1
12-31-2013, 09:17 PM
2012 gawdbe >>>> current prime batgirlBran

Will batgirl go out on her own and try to win without batman and robin?

You know this kid is getting absolutely no p.ussy. Sounds like some cheesy 12-year old that watches anime with those names.

PickernRoller
12-31-2013, 09:36 PM
So OP is telling me the cHeat are STACKED!! Captain obvious this OP.

Back in Cleveland, it wasn't enough for his fans to admit his Empty Stats. Living in denial after Lebron admitted his was an inferior player to Kobe in his "ESPN MVP" years.

MASH Transit
Tyson Chandler should have won the MVP when he put up that 68fg%. Makes sense.

coin24
You know this kid is getting absolutely no p.ussy. Sounds like some cheesy 12-year old that watches anime with those names.

That's rich coming from a guy who posts 2000 times with his alt acc:lol

I actually have my own business and am on my way to becoming a lawyer for that business. Also I'm in a relationship.
Go bran!

KyrieTheFuture
12-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Take away kobe's PPG, does he deserve to make the HOF? I think not.

PickernRoller
12-31-2013, 09:56 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: The story of 99% of Lebron stans.

HoopsFanNumero1
12-31-2013, 09:59 PM

I actually have my own business and am on my way to becoming a lawyer for that business. Also I'm in a relationship.
Go bran!

Lebron23, is that you? :lol

coin24
12-31-2013, 10:08 PM
Lebron23, is that you? :lol

:lol :cheers:

branslowski
12-31-2013, 10:13 PM

Honestly....Just like how I cruise Facebook to see funny shit. Look, once u gotta live with a chick talkin ya ear off all day, get texts from n!ggas actin like they broke, texts from ppl you know lyin to you, and have to basically work from home and keep tabs on other spots (won't dabble into what I do, I don't feel like going over it with trolls again assuming they know what I do and don't do) that sh!t all becomes stressful.....So I light up some grade, become eased at mind, and get a few self indulging much needed chuckles from ISH and Facebook on my phone.

So in a way, ISH (other media sites aswell) makes the world around me better, because I'm honestly bipolar and have a nasty temper....Ish stops me from just yellin at my b!tch to STFU, ISH (and bud ofcource) prevents me from beatin da shit out of lyin ass f*ck n!ggas. You know wats worst then a f*ck n!gga? A f*ck n!gga who always wanna front shit, yet act like they forgot bout gettin ya money once they get paid and then even lie to you bout da sh!t. N!ggas who tell you they wanna do a track, yet take a whole f*ckin month to write they verse, f*ck shit.:facepalm

Basically, I have a life thats non stop, ISH/Facebook/Youtube and Bud helps me exscape reality for for a minute n just chill...My bad for being long winded but I'm hella heated rightnow.

branslowski
12-31-2013, 10:20 PM

Or or...Here's an Idea for ya....How bout you and other d!ckheads read da f*ckin title and just take out EVERYONES fg% and combine the stats???

Da fuq is wrong wit yawl? Just take KD, and CP3's fg% away, just like I did wit Bron.

Bandito
12-31-2013, 10:23 PM
Honestly....Just like how I cruise Facebook to see funny shit. Look, once u gotta live with a chick talkin ya ear off all day, get texts from n!ggas actin like they broke, texts from ppl you know lyin to you, and have to basically work from home and keep tabs on other spots (won't dabble into what I do, I don't feel like going over it with trolls again assuming they know what I do and don't do) that sh!t all becomes stressful.....So I light up some grade, become eased at mind, and get a few self indulging much needed chuckles from ISH and Facebook on my phone.

So in a way, ISH (other media sites aswell) makes the world around me better, because I'm honestly bipolar and have a nasty temper....Ish stops me from just yellin at my b!tch to STFU, ISH (and bud ofcource) prevents me from beatin da shit out of lyin ass f*ck n!ggas. You know wats worst then a f*ck n!gga? A f*ck n!gga who always wanna front shit, yet act like they forgot bout gettin ya money once they get paid and then even lie to you bout da sh!t. N!ggas who tell you they wanna do a track, yet take a whole f*ckin month to write they verse, f*ck shit.:facepalm

Basically, I have a life thats non stop, ISH/Facebook/Youtube and Bud helps me exscape reality for for a minute n just chill...My bad for being long winded but I'm hella heated rightnow.
:lol

Got drink a beer and relax dude. Be fresh!!!:D

branslowski
12-31-2013, 10:34 PM
:lol

Got drink a beer and relax dude. Be fresh!!!:D

Funny you say that, cause my girl n her home girl just got back from da store n her homegirl brought me back a Tall Boy 211 Steel Reserve:oldlol:

Also just realized I did my math wrong on something, and I'm actually straight despite f*ck n!ggas...Bout to scroll up, burn, n calm down.:cheers:

pauk
12-31-2013, 10:39 PM
I dont understand this question.... how do you average 26 ppg without FG and how can you evaluate PPG without FG? Just doesnt make sense to me.

LeGOAT
12-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Its decemeber ****** no one cares.

HoopsFanNumero1
01-01-2014, 02:10 AM

I get what you're saying. Personally, my field of education requires me to stay in front of computer so I try to avoid using it when I'm not at work. Have you tried going to the gym?

NumberSix
01-01-2014, 04:26 AM
Sure, but then we also get to take away Durants free throws.

Leftimage
01-02-2014, 07:12 AM
LeBron 25.5ppg 6.6ast 6.9reb 1.3stls 0.3blks (Lowest of Career, blks) this season. God like? MVP like?

Compared to Bron's best year IMO: 09' - 29.7ppg 8.6ast 7.3reb 1.6stls 1.0blk (chase down Block dominating). That's dominating.

Lebron per 36 in 09-10:

27.4/6.6/7.9

career:

25.0/6.6/6.3

This season:

25.4/6.9/6.6

Not only does he spend less time on the floor than ever before, but he's also better-surrounded than ever. These are perfectly legitimate reasons to explain a lower output this season.

Factor in the shooting efficiency and this is arguably his best season since 09-10'. Imo he is still playing at prime peak level. Not a shred of evidence that a decline has begun. (in any shape or form)