PDA

View Full Version : trades that the Lakers turned down

Jay-B
12-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Looking at the state of the Lakers this year it's just mind boggling that the Lakers turned down a Gasol for Rondo and a Gasol for Josh smith which I believe that both deals would of kept Dwight a Laker....can you imagine a Rondo Kobe Dwight big 3.....but now a days they are talking about Gasol for Bynum....Lakers front office has made some really bad decisions the last 2 years.

Yankstar
12-31-2013, 10:55 PM
We should of gotten CP3 (F**k you David stern). Dwight, Kobe, CP3 = New dynasty, means kobe doesn't play excessive minutes, doesn't get injured and is able to perform in play-offs leading the Lakers over the heat.

talkingconch
12-31-2013, 11:25 PM
We should of gotten CP3 (F**k you David stern). Dwight, Kobe, CP3 = New dynasty, means kobe doesn't play excessive minutes, doesn't get injured and is able to perform in play-offs leading the Lakers over the heat.
I posted this before and ill repeat what you said

that blocked trade by that retard ruined the lakers. If Chris Paul would have gone to where he wanted to (He threw a bitch fit once it got shot down, of course now he shows pride in being a clipper in the long haul lol), the Lakers would have dominated this decade just as most of the last.

CP3 = No injured Kobe = Dwight Stays = Lamar odom doesn't start doing coke = Better Coach hired

Dont matter though, Lakers will find a way back as always

KyrieTheFuture
12-31-2013, 11:29 PM
You guys are retards for thinking CP3 and Kobe would be able to play together. Also, how does CP3 arrival mean Kobe doesn't get injured? There is absolutely no way to prove that.

Scholar
12-31-2013, 11:33 PM
Also, how does CP3 arrival mean Kobe doesn't get injured?

Less minutes played = less odds of injury. :confusedshrug: Coming into the night Kobe tore his Achilles' tendon, dude had been playing 40+ minutes for several games in a row.

gts
12-31-2013, 11:47 PM
Looking at the state of the Lakers this year it's just mind boggling that the Lakers turned down a Gasol for Rondo and a Gasol for Josh smith which I believe that both deals would of kept Dwight a Laker....can you imagine a Rondo Kobe Dwight big 3.....but now a days they are talking about Gasol for Bynum....Lakers front office has made some really bad decisions the last 2 years.

Don't confuse what the media tells you with what is actually true... 90% of that is the media making something out of nothing. Teams talk all the time, toss ideas around but it doesn't mean they are actually negotiating a trade... I'm a firm believer that most of this is leaked from various sources to further their own agenda. Players agents, teams wanting to put pressure on other teams or teams wanting to put pressure on the players themselves...

plowking
12-31-2013, 11:48 PM
Dwight sucks though. Laker fans are glad hes gone. Right?

Yankstar
01-01-2014, 12:17 AM

He can be a competent piece to a championship contender. A good 2nd/3rd option scoring and defensive anchor with rebounding is where he should stay and I am willing to admit that. he was never suited to all the hype of being a superstar or a legit 1a or 1b scoring option on a contender. I think his outrages demands and locker room poison was based on the hype, if we have CP3 and Kobe we could put Dwight in his place and he would settle down and do the stuff he does well.

Dictator
01-01-2014, 12:32 AM

that blocked trade by that retard ruined the lakers. If Chris Paul would have gone to where he wanted to (He threw a bitch fit once it got shot down, of course now he shows pride in being a clipper in the long haul lol), the Lakers would have dominated this decade just as most of the last.

CP3 = No injured Kobe = Dwight Stays = Lamar odom doesn't start doing coke = Better Coach hired

:lol

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-01-2014, 12:36 AM
Less minutes played = less odds of injury. :confusedshrug: Coming into the night Kobe tore his Achilles' tendon, dude had been playing 40+ minutes for several games in a row.

by playing less mins...he would rest more and not play 48mins

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-01-2014, 12:39 AM

lakers were never offered Rondo for Gasol.

I am still ok with them not doing the Josh Smith trade cause with the extension you rot in mediocrity

wakencdukest
01-01-2014, 12:43 AM

Yes. It would have been nice to have Rondo or Paul, but I doubt either would have made a difference to Dwight. The dude is mentally weak and would have ended up sabotaging any kind of team chemistry they had eventually.

I<3NBA
01-01-2014, 01:24 AM
lol, whatever happened, you were never gonna be able to keep Dwight. the guy hates Kobe. for some reason, he's ok with being second fiddle to Harden. :lol

redboy
01-01-2014, 01:26 AM
dwight's easy going personality doesn't fit a large market like la. he'll thrives and plays better when he isn't constantly under the microscope. it doesn't help that he hated d'antoni and kobe and wanted a larger role while being unable to produce in the post last year

russwest0
01-01-2014, 01:28 AM

Lets be real, CP3 doesn't guarantee shit. He's had some epic disappearing acts in the playoffs (Just 13 PPG vs the Spurs 2 years ago..?) and the Dwight/Kobe experiment didn't really work out that great. Kobe holds his teammates to high standards and Dwight was too bitchmade to handle that. My estimation is CP3 would have been too. The West likely would have still ran through OKC.

That being said, it was beyond stupid for Stern to veto a trade that all parties agreed to and just simply cite his bullshit "basketball reasons" as the reason why. It's not like they really got a better deal anyways. Eric Gordon on the max contract isn't ideal. The Hornets GM had to feel ****ing powerless after the commissioner of the damn NBA vetoed a deal he got to happen, he knew then he was basically working for and to appease Stern.

Stern is a scumbag.

/end rant

redboy
01-01-2014, 01:29 AM
Lets be real, CP3 doesn't guarantee shit. He's had some epic disappearing acts in the playoffs (Just 13 PPG vs the Spurs 2 years ago..?) and the Dwight/Kobe experiment didn't really work out that great. Kobe holds his teammates to high standards and Dwight was too bitchmade to handle that. My estimation is CP3 would have been too. The West likely would have still ran through OKC.

That being said, it was beyond stupid for Stern to veto a trade that all parties agreed to and just simply cite his bullshit "basketball reasons" as the reason why. It's not like they really got a better deal anyways. Eric Gordon on the max contract isn't ideal. The Hornets GM had to feel ****ing powerless after the commissioner of the damn NBA vetoed a deal he got to happen, he knew then he was basically working for and to appease Stern.

Stern is a scumbag.

/end rant
i'm pretty sure cp3 is much more professional as a player than dwight

talkingconch
01-01-2014, 01:46 AM

Stern is a scumbag.

/end rant

CP3 and Dwight Pick n Roll woulda been insane. Cant tell exactly what would have happened. If I had to guess first season woulda been a pass since Dwight was injured. But at full health Lakers would have been beasting. CP3 is another clutch, high IQ PG who woulda been a perfect fit alongside Kobe and lobs all day to Dwight.

oh and I woulda bet money Phil Jackson would have came back OR Mike Brown does not get fired and D'antoni does not get hired

el gringos
01-01-2014, 01:50 AM
CP3 and Dwight Pick n Roll woulda been insane. Cant tell exactly what would have happened. If I had to guess first season woulda been a pass since Dwight was injured. But at full health Lakers would have been beasting. CP3 is another clutch, high IQ PG who woulda been a perfect fit alongside Kobe and lobs all day to Dwight.

oh and I woulda bet money Phil Jackson would have came back OR Mike Brown does not get fired and D'antoni does not get hired
So if cp3 was there they wouldn't have let Kobe choose a new coach? Doesn't make sense- why would Kobe have lost power?

Yankstar
01-01-2014, 01:58 AM
So if cp3 was there they wouldn't have let Kobe choose a new coach? Doesn't make sense- why would Kobe have lost power?

:biggums: Kobe chose Dantoni? Give me some of what your smoking :wtf:

I<3NBA
01-01-2014, 02:07 AM

lol at all your wishful thinking.
Jim Buss would still be the owner. you realize that? so how does Phil come back and how does MDA not get hired? :lol

unless in your dream land, when Stern approves the trade, Jerry Buss does not die :lol

el gringos
01-01-2014, 02:18 AM
:biggums: Kobe chose Dantoni? Give me some of what your smoking :wtf:
Kobe didn't choose d'antoni? Avoiding reality is how this country elected Obama twice in a row

moe94
01-01-2014, 02:19 AM
Kobe didn't choose d'antoni? Avoiding reality is how this country elected Obama twice in a row

What? Why do Republicans randomly make everything politics? Better yet, why can't they ever make any sort of rational sense?:roll:

el gringos
01-01-2014, 02:25 AM
What? Why do Republicans randomly make everything politics? Better yet, why can't they ever make any sort of rational sense?:roll:
So you equate reality with being a republican? Well that's closer than most school teachers want to go so good for you

I<3NBA
01-01-2014, 02:28 AM
and how did the country elect Bush Jr. in a row too? by facing reality? :lol

Yankstar
01-01-2014, 02:31 AM
So you equate reality with being a republican? Well that's closer than most school teachers want to go so good for you

What part of "Because I didn't know Phil was an option" don't you understand?:biggums:

Out of the other candidates (which were shit TBH) Dantoni might have kobes approval but lets be real Phil would of been the first choice had Jim Bus had let Kobe know Phil was an option.

moe94
01-01-2014, 02:34 AM

I like how cliche you sound. I almost wrote a serious reply. :coleman:

MadSolar
01-01-2014, 02:37 AM
And what about Bush? The man who turned this country to shit.

DStebb716
01-01-2014, 02:47 AM
People still aren't over the Paul shit? Paul still hasn't won anything. Kobe still would've broken down. The Lakers would've had CP3, Dwight and a bunch of misfits. Still wouldn't have won anything. The end.

el gringos
01-01-2014, 03:00 AM
Shouldn't have mentioned Obama. Don't need to hear what everybody read about politics. Denial that Kobe was a big part of choosing d'antoni on the other hand is ish related and pretty bizzare

VIntageNOvel
01-01-2014, 04:04 AM

Stern is a scumbag.

/end rant

other owner, like cuban were the one that strongly oppose the trade
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7335491/mark-cuban-opposed-chris-paul-la-lakers-deal-went-lockout-reason

and it turned out good for him that mavs won it that year

the trade itself is masterpiece from kupchack,
saving nearly 40 millions USD while rebuild and getting the best PG in the game :lol its kinda like cheat

retaxis
01-01-2014, 04:23 AM
CP3 and Kobe just can't co-exist because they are both ball dominant and CP3 especially is pretty much useless without a ball in his hands on the offensive side. Also CP3 approaches the game in a style very different from Kobe's. Remember when we heard BK got an all-star lineup in Deron-Joe-Pierce-KG-Brook and how they were going to beat up the Miami Heat and the Pacers? How did that go? Remember when the Lakers had an all-star talent lineup in Nash-Kobe-Artest-Pau-Dwight? That didn't go too well either. Sometimes superstars can work together well like in the Miami/Boston scenario and sometimes they don't (lakers and Nets).

MVBallin2K
01-01-2014, 06:13 AM
Shouldn't have mentioned Obama. Don't need to hear what everybody read about politics. Denial that Kobe was a big part of choosing d'antoni on the other hand is ish related and pretty bizzare

No it's not. You're telling me that a guy that posted a photo after Dwight signed with Houston of him and Gasol for sentimental sake would pass up reuniting with Phil for D'Antoni?

Jim Buss didn't want Phil because he thought D'Antoni was the one to go with. When Mike Brown was brought in, Kobe mentioned that he wasn't even informed of the decision until after it happened. One of the main reasons D'Antoni was brought in was because of Steve Nash, thinking that offense could get the most out of him and Dwight could be Amare. It didn't work and we're at where we're at now.

Yankstar
01-01-2014, 06:21 AM
No it's not. You're telling me that a guy that posted a photo after Dwight signed with Houston of him and Gasol for sentimental sake would pass up reuniting with Phil for D'Antoni?

Jim Buss didn't want Phil because he thought D'Antoni was the one to go with. When Mike Brown was brought in, Kobe mentioned that he wasn't even informed of the decision until after it happened. One of the main reasons D'Antoni was brought in was because of Steve Nash, thinking that offense could get the most out of him and Dwight could be Amare. It didn't work and we're at where we're at now.

:applause:

el gringos
01-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Ok im in. Let's all pretend Kobe didn't want, ask for, or demand d'antoni.

kurple
01-01-2014, 01:56 PM

cp3 and kobe would not work out. like at all

moe94
01-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Shouldn't have mentioned Obama.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachments/toyota-truck-4runner/499025d1265264958-91-4runner-200-bucks-backpedal.jpg

Eat Like A Bosh
01-01-2014, 03:12 PM

:roll:

But how does Odom not doing coke help the Lakers get a better coach hired? I believe he was included in the initial CP3 trade.

I'd rather have CP3, Kobe, Dwight better than Kobe, Pau, Dwight, Nash. Definitely would've turned out a lot better, Providing the Lakers don't hire Pringles.

LAZERUSS
01-01-2014, 03:19 PM
The Laker players supposedly voted not to trade for Chamberlain in the middle of the 64-65 season. Wilt was then dealt to the Sixers, and they would go on to have the best record in the league in his three full seasons there, and win a dominating title in '67.

They did eventually trade for him, but by that time Baylor was in rapid decline, and they had an incompetent coach who didn't know how to use him. Still, in his five seasons in LA, they went to four Finals, and won their first ever title in Los Angeles, on a team that went 69-13.