PDA

View Full Version : Nets leave court before game ends, have to call time out to avoid technicals

niko
01-01-2014, 09:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOwwsv5l8lI

Yes, i posted a Net video, hater hater. It's funny and all the Net fans ran away to Netsdaily to whack off about Plumlee together so no one will be offended anyway. My favorite part is Kidd counting players, there's another one, that's three....

zoom17
01-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Why does Jason kidd still have his Job when there's Coaches out there that are much better like former Memphis grizzlies coach.

The JKidd Kid
01-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Why does Jasan kidd still have his Job when there's Coaches out there that are much better like former Memphis grizzlies coach.

Why haven't they completely blown this team up? And I mean get rid of everyone, even the guys that spend more time in the D-League than the NBA.

The JKidd Kid
01-01-2014, 09:45 PM
The entire team is a disgrace to sports. I'm surprised they even came back.

FreezingTsmoove
01-01-2014, 09:47 PM
nba has the stupidest refs sometimes i sware. I hate brooklyn more than the next guy but biased aside that shit was stupid on the part of the refs

HylianNightmare
01-01-2014, 09:49 PM
i feel for the nets

gyu
01-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Give Kidd COTY already so that he can get fired. Dude has no control over the team whatsoever.

SCdac
01-02-2014, 12:03 AM
I was watching the game and given that it was NYE and Nets were already blown out, I think the refs should have just let the game end and scrapped those 0.2 seconds (like everyone was expecting them to). I can understand why they may have to finish it out, but come on... Seemed like a clear example of a time to bend the rules.

Draz
01-02-2014, 12:40 AM
I was watching the game and given that it was NYE and Nets were already blown out, I think the refs should have just let the game end and scrapped those 0.2 seconds (like everyone was expecting them to). I can understand why they may have to finish it out, but come on... Seemed like a clear example of a time to bend the rules.
Their super visors won't agree with that, their being paid to do a complete job.

moe94
01-02-2014, 12:42 AM
I can understand why they may have to finish it out, but come on... Seemed like a clear example of a time to bend the rules.

Completely unprofessional.

It's A VC3!!!
01-02-2014, 12:44 AM
I agree. The Nets players had no idea that there was a 0.2 shot clock difference. They thought the game truly ended and walked off the court. They shook hands while the game was going on then parted ways. Didn't watch the game and have been truly disappointed to the point where I can't watch this team any longer.

Scholar
01-02-2014, 12:49 AM
I really feel bad for Nets fans. I think super teams being built with aging superstars was a bad lesson the Nets FO should've recognized from the 2012-13 Lakers season.

KyrieTheFuture
01-02-2014, 12:55 AM
I blame the refs for this more than the nets that was so dumb.

Pushxx
01-02-2014, 12:58 AM
To anybody saying it's the refs fault...this is multi-billion dollar professional sport that tracks everything.

What if that's your ass out there? Are you risking your job so the Nets can bask in their misery faster in the locker room?

FireDavidKahn
01-02-2014, 01:04 AM
I agree. The Nets players had no idea that there was a 0.2 shot clock difference. They thought the game truly ended and walked off the court. They shook hands while the game was going on then parted ways. Didn't watch the game and have been truly disappointed to the point where I can't watch this team any longer.
That's on the coach:oldlol: :facepalm

livingby3's
01-02-2014, 01:05 AM
The horn sounded and the buzzer lights came on. Can't blame the Nets for this

Hotlantadude81
01-02-2014, 01:13 AM
I hope they keep Kidd on board until it's too late to right the ship.

AintNoSunshine
01-02-2014, 01:14 AM
:lol that's embarassing

wally_world
01-02-2014, 01:24 AM
There are 2 Tony Parkers at the 0:27 mark :oldlol:

And AK47 took (or didn't take) all that money to be the Nets scrub time inbounder sigh

SpecialQue
01-02-2014, 01:46 AM
I hope they keep Kidd on board until it's too late to right the ship.

:biggums:

buddha
01-02-2014, 03:06 AM
http://jazzfanatical.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/tumblr_m0wvbdss1k1qdi785o1_500.jpg

KyleKong
01-02-2014, 03:14 AM
The amount of money and hype from this team during the off season...

Glorious.

http://www.portlandmercury.com/binary/2325/1307721580-marionbeat2.gif

ace23
01-02-2014, 04:05 AM
Pathetic

AI Thornton
01-02-2014, 05:38 AM
That is ridiculous. Fire Kidd immediately.

no pun intended
01-02-2014, 06:05 AM
There are 2 Tony Parkers at the 0:27 mark :oldlol:

And AK47 took (or didn't take) all that money to be the Nets scrub time inbounder sigh
lmao didnt notice that

i looked up who that was and didnt realize that ime udoka is one of their assistant coaches wtf

http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/ime-udoka-spurs.jpg

Dave3
01-02-2014, 06:25 AM
Completely unprofessional.
So it's ok to hold up everyone over 0.2 seconds that will have no impact on the game, but forget what a travel, a carry, a 3 in the key, and a 5 second back to the basket is for over a decade? Please, they bend rules all the time and officiate superstars completely different from average players, which they officiate completely different from rookies, so they're very used to bending the rules when it actually matters. This is as trivial as it is stupid.

East_Stone_Ya
01-02-2014, 06:26 AM
just sad

tomtucker
01-02-2014, 07:23 AM
fukking refs.........:facepalm

niko
01-02-2014, 08:28 AM
One or two Nets shook hands and everyone else took off like the building was on fire. Same as Indiana game.

Refs aren't allowed to just run out the clock. You've all seen games where they go over and check the timer to see how much is left in a blowout, etc. Saying the refs should bend the rules to cover up a Nets **** up doesn't make any sense.

dr.hee
01-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Didn't watch the game and have been truly disappointed to the point where I can't watch this team any longer.

I'm not a Nets fan...but KG is already changing the Nets culture. I've been watching the Nets live scrimmage and KG is the best culture changer in the last decade. It's spectacular.

http://www.mmii.info/_ign/53707.gif

Jameerthefear
01-02-2014, 09:15 AM
being overblown. everyone thought the time ran out so they bounced. of course their pissed off if they lost.

I<3NBA
01-02-2014, 09:15 AM
I'm not a Nets fan...but KG is already changing the Nets culture. I've been watching the Nets live scrimmage and KG is the best culture changer in the last decade. It's spectacular.

http://www.mmii.info/_ign/53707.gif
:lol :lol :lol

don't do him like that man.

anyway, idk what's worse, that they left the floor with time left or that the Nets still had a timeout left. :facepalm

QuebecBaller
01-02-2014, 09:23 AM
I want a .gif of Pop's reaction at 0:26

PizzamanIRL
01-02-2014, 12:14 PM
I want a .gif of Pop's reaction at 0:26

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/1-02-2014/1z7E_Z.gif (http://www.makeagif.com/1z7E_Z)

It's A VC3!!!
01-02-2014, 05:31 PM
whats funny is that the refs will make a big deal about 0.2 seconds on the clock but then how come any random nets players can get back on the court with no legit substitutions. jason was calling for any random 5 players to get back on the court, totally different from the 5 players before. how does that work? geez.

Jameerthefear
01-02-2014, 05:33 PM
whats funny is that the refs will make a big deal about 0.2 seconds on the clock but then how come any random nets players can get back on the court with no legit substitutions. jason was calling for any random 5 players to get back on the court, totally different from the 5 players before. how does that work? geez.
he called a timeout

It's A VC3!!!
01-02-2014, 05:35 PM
he called a timeout
Oh ok. I only saw the video so I forgot. I would've remembered had I seen the game but good thing I didn't watch them get smacked like that.

niko
01-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Kidd called a timeout. The refs explained to him that he could do that and change the players. So try again.

"The refs should have saved the Nets from themselves" is not a valid criticism. Again, refs are not supposed to end the game early. The only time they do that if there is danger to continuing the game.

inclinerator
01-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Kidd called a timeout. The refs explained to him that he could do that and change the players. So try again.

"The refs should have saved the Nets from themselves" is not a valid criticism. Again, refs are not supposed to end the game early. The only time they do that if there is danger to continuing the game.
ive actually seen the game end early with like .5 or watever left and it just said 0 when the possesion ended cuz it was a blowout game

SCdac
01-02-2014, 06:10 PM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/1-02-2014/1z7E_Z.gif (http://www.makeagif.com/1z7E_Z)

:oldlol: Pop is like "these fools serious? I got a New Years party to get to" ...

Game was decided and players from both teams were shaking hands and walking off the court as the game ended (should have ended). Not a big deal.

niko
01-02-2014, 06:14 PM
ive actually seen the game end early with like .5 or watever left and it just said 0 when the possesion ended cuz it was a blowout game
That's not true, they make teams inbound the ball. You see it all the time. If there is 24.1 and one team runs out the clock, the other team needs to inbound. The Nets and Knicks have had 90% of their games end with them or the opposing team doing this, no one waives seconds off the clock. You play to the last .01.

inclinerator
01-02-2014, 06:15 PM
That's not true, they make teams inbound the ball. You see it all the time. If there is 24.1 and one team runs out the clock, the other team needs to inbound. The Nets and Knicks have had 90% of their games end with them or the opposing team doing this, no one waives seconds off the clock. You play to the last .01.
no, ive seen it they didnt inbound it, infact it was a few weeks ago, cant recall the game tho

niko
01-02-2014, 06:16 PM
:oldlol: Pop is like "these fools serious? I got a New Years party to get to" ...

Game was decided and players from both teams were shaking hands and walking off the court as the game ended (should have ended). Not a big deal.
It wasn't a big deal at all. The Nets the last few games run off the court like they have dinner plans. That they got busted for it was funny.

But this thought the refs were supposed to cover up for them leaving the court is baffling to me.

niko
01-02-2014, 06:17 PM
no, ive seen it they didnt inbound it, infact it was a few weeks ago, cant recall the game tho
Did they have five people standing there? The Nets had 2 players on the court. It's not the same. Also, "it happened but i have no clue and cannot show it" isn't compelling, sorry.

jzek
01-02-2014, 06:23 PM
That Nets team was built to win now. :applause:

Legends66NBA7
01-02-2014, 06:53 PM
So it's ok to hold up everyone over 0.2 seconds that will have no impact on the game, but forget what a travel, a carry, a 3 in the key, and a 5 second back to the basket is for over a decade? Please, they bend rules all the time and officiate superstars completely different from average players, which they officiate completely different from rookies, so they're very used to bending the rules when it actually matters. This is as trivial as it is stupid.

Agreed. Pretty much a non-story too.

niko
01-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Yes, but it was funny. A lot of stuff we talk about are non-stories. Trade rumors that are fake, funny and/or stupid tweets (there were three or four Melo donut posts yesterday. People made meme's). Basically most analysis of games. Is Lin's defense really good or not?

I don't get those of you standing with your arms folded and see no humor in Kidd waving down his players and having to count how many of them their are while Pop rolls his eyes. I feel sorry for you.

Legends66NBA7
01-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Yes, but it was funny. A lot of stuff we talk about are non-stories. Trade rumors that are fake, funny and/or stupid tweets (there were three or four Melo donut posts yesterday. People made meme's). Basically most analysis of games. Is Lin's defense really good or not?

I don't get those of you standing with your arms folded and see no humor in Kidd waving down his players and having to count how many of them their are while Pop rolls his eyes. I feel sorry for you.

Huh ?

I don't mind you making the topic, by all means, proceed. Me personally, I don't know what you meant by the Plumlee thing in the OP.

niko
01-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Huh ?

I don't mind you making the topic, by all means, proceed. Me personally, I don't know what you meant by the Plumlee thing in the OP.
Oh. Nets fans have all left to go to boards like Netsdaily where everyone raves on Plumlee and pretends the games have never occurred. They are all pretty much gone from the board.

Basically i got scolded for posting the Wojo article (which i thought was really interesting) because I'm a bitter Knicks fan. Can't post negative Net stuff. Even if the Net fans refuse to post news.

ace23
01-02-2014, 07:35 PM
When you're having as disappointing season as the Nets are, this type of carelessness becomes a story.

Jameerthefear
01-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Oh. Nets fans have all left to go to boards like Netsdaily where everyone raves on Plumlee and pretends the games have never occurred. They are all pretty much gone from the board.

Basically i got scolded for posting the Wojo article (which i thought was really interesting) because I'm a bitter Knicks fan. Can't post negative Net stuff. Even if the Net fans refuse to post news.
It's like that on Reddit too :lol
"Well Mason Plumlee is doing some nice things" :roll: :roll:

niko
01-02-2014, 07:54 PM
It's like that on Reddit too :lol
"Well Mason Plumlee is doing some nice things" :roll: :roll:
After Ak-47 made ONE basket Mazzeo tweeted out "he looks great, maybe he can start at the 4". ONE BASKET. I mean, it's a bit much.