PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry > Chris Paul?

I.R.Beast
01-02-2014, 05:53 AM
....Make the case..

Jameerthefear
01-02-2014, 05:53 AM
No.

Fudge
01-02-2014, 05:56 AM
He has no case.

Pacquiao
01-02-2014, 05:59 AM
Steph Curry is the better player. A score first guard has a case to advance further in the playoffs. CP3 is the most overrated player and a lot of people agree on it. Assist should be credited to the guy that scores.. Can't even get to the second rounds and gets blown out like a scrub in the playoffs

Cp3 will get eliminated again in the first round.

Lebron23
01-02-2014, 06:05 AM
What happened to Derrick rose and Deron Williams?? CP3 >> Curry, Williams and Rose.

I.R.Beast
01-02-2014, 06:05 AM
TO say that curry has no case is ludicrous especially since he is clearly haveing a better season than the media darling CP3...

I.R.Beast
01-02-2014, 06:07 AM
What happened to Derrick rose and Deron Williams?? CP3 >> Curry, Williams and Rose.

Rose is injured and Deron Williams has absolutely no case this year(he had a case last year)....Deron Williams needs to get his ankle woes in order ...

sportjames23
01-02-2014, 06:08 AM
No.

rhowen4
01-02-2014, 06:12 AM
no case

NuggetsFan
01-02-2014, 06:12 AM
Only area where I'd take Curry over Paul is shooting.

East_Stone_Ya
01-02-2014, 06:28 AM
only in 3pt shooting

KyleKong
01-02-2014, 06:32 AM
Chris Paul is one of the greatest point guards, ever.

Steph Curry is...a top 3 point guard in 2013-2014?

Pacquiao
01-02-2014, 07:13 AM
Chris Paul is one of the greatest point guards, ever.

Steph Curry is...a top 3 point guard in 2013-2014?

What has CP3 achieve to be considered the greatest? Padding the assist? or Flop ? or getting embarass and blown out by San Antonio on their own home floor or getting his ass spanked by Memphis in the 1st round?

SacJB Shady
01-02-2014, 07:21 AM
Curry has the more potential, he's the more talented player. He is 2nd in assists and scores more than Paul. Paul wishes he could shoot like Steph, yet Steph is almost the passer CP3 is, he's 2nd in assist, just right behind Paul.

ABfor3
01-02-2014, 07:21 AM
CP3 is better than Steph Curry at everything except shooting.

SacJB Shady
01-02-2014, 07:24 AM
CP3 is better than Steph Curry at everything except shooting.

which is the most important thing it's a make or miss league.

ABfor3
01-02-2014, 07:28 AM
which is the most important thing it's a make or miss league.
Yea but its not like CP3 is a bad shooter, he is a good shooter just not as great as Steph. He can create his shot off the dribble better than he can, also sets his teammates up for good shots better than Steph, also a much better defender.. he can find more ways to win the game basically.

moe94
01-02-2014, 07:30 AM
Curry has the more potential, he's the more talented player. He is 2nd in assists and scores more than Paul. Paul wishes he could shoot like Steph, yet Steph is almost the passer CP3 is, he's 2nd in assist, just right behind Paul.

:biggums:

SacJB Shady
01-02-2014, 07:32 AM
Yea but its not like CP3 is a bad shooter, he is a good shooter just not as great as Steph. He can create his shot off the dribble better than he can, also sets his teammates up for good shots better than Steph, also a much better defender.. he can find more ways to win the game basically.

Same for Steph, he can do what cp3 does pretty well and is only getting better. head to head, curry gets the better of him most of the time. Even in Paul's best performance ever, curry held his own. Plus Steph's better at winning in postseason, that's what matters ultimately

retaxis
01-02-2014, 07:38 AM
Same for Steph, he can do what cp3 does pretty well and is only getting better. head to head, curry gets the better of him most of the time. Even in Paul's best performance ever, curry held his own. Plus Steph's better at winning in postseason, that's what matters ultimately
I don't think 1 player, coach or even GM would agree with you in the NBA. Paul has been on and off the best PG for the last 5 years with Rondo/Rose shining briefly ever so often.

You know how easy it is to stop Curry in the playoffs? Just put a longer defender on him like a SG and its all over. Paul? You can throw the team bus at him and he will still find ways to punish you.

moe94
01-02-2014, 07:42 AM

Curry 12 playoff games: 23/4/8 on 43% shooting

Paul 40 playoff games: 21/5/9.5 on 48% shooting

Continue talking out of your ass, by all means. If you think there is an argument for Curry, you're a retard. Paul averages more assists on much better a/t ratio, just to top it off. :hammerhead:

I.R.Beast
01-02-2014, 07:47 AM
I don't think 1 player, coach or even GM would agree with you in the NBA. Paul has been on and off the best PG for the last 5 years with Rondo/Rose shining briefly ever so often.

You know how easy it is to stop Curry in the playoffs? Just put a longer defender on him like a SG and its all over. Paul? You can throw the team bus at him and he will still find ways to punish you.
really?...guess that would explain all the early exits...Paul's entire game revolves around the PnR trap him and game over. Chris Paul is overrated..and vastly overrated... Curry can get his own shot whenever he wants without being nearly as reliant on the pick and roll as paul. Also, anyone that think chris paul is a good defender is crazy...Curry leads the entire league in on/off the court differential on offense... Paul is a better passer...that's it, and better at gambling for steals.

Part of the reason paul hardly if ever leaves the first round is because NBA coaches aren't going to let a pick and roll basketball team beat them in a 7 game series...It's safe to assume that every team in the playoffs knows how to neutralize a pick and roll... Chris paul will never win a ring as the best player on a team. Curry is much deadlier than Chris Paul and does a better job scoring when his team needs it as opposed to paul being too passive all the time...

ABfor3
01-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Yeah because winning a game is done by 1 person right?:facepalm Curry isn't the defender CP3 is, CP3 can hurt a team in various ways. Steph Curry is a great shooter and becoming a good playmaker but hes definitely not on CP3 level with getting his teammates involved. That's ultimately how you win games is playing as a TEAM.

SacJB Shady
01-02-2014, 07:50 AM
Yeah because winning a game is done by 1 person right?:facepalm Curry isn't the defender CP3 is, CP3 can hurt a team in various ways. Steph Curry is a great shooter and becoming a good playmaker but hes definitely not on CP3 level with getting his teammates involved. That's ultimately how you win games is playing as a TEAM.

It's my opinion. I'm more impressed by Curry's 3's. He broke the 3 pt record. And his assist totals suggest he's the one player on Paul's level. We're talking about right now, not the last 4 years.

SacJB Shady
01-02-2014, 07:51 AM
really?...guess that would explain all the early exits...Paul's entire game revolves around the PnR trap him and game over. Chris Paul is overrated..and vastly overrated... Curry can get his own shot whenever he wants without being nearly as reliant on the pick and roll as paul. Also, anyone that think chris paul is a good defender is crazy...Curry leads the entire lead in on/off the court differential on offense... Paul is a better passer...that's it, and better at gambling for steals.

Part of the reason paul hardly if ever leaves the firt round is because NBA coaches aren't going to let a pick and roll basketball beat them in a 7 game series...It's safe to assume that every team in the playoffs knows how to neutralize a pick and roll... Chris paul will never win a ring as the best player on a team. Curry is much deadlier than Chris Paul and does a better job scoring when his team needs it as opposed to paul being too passive all the time...

yes

moe94
01-02-2014, 07:54 AM
It's my opinion. I'm more impressed by Curry's 3's. He broke the 3 pt record. And his assist totals suggest he's the one player on Paul's level. We're talking about right now, not the last 4 years.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Do you also just look at PPG and nothing else?

Reply to that other post about playoffs and how Curry is better. :coleman:

ABfor3
01-02-2014, 07:55 AM
Exactly were talking about right now..and its CP3>Curry

SacJB Shady
01-02-2014, 08:02 AM
Exactly were talking about right now..and its CP3>Curry

Well I'm more impressed with curry. It's my opinion.

SacJB Shady
01-02-2014, 08:04 AM
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Do you also just look at PPG and nothing else?

Reply to that other post about playoffs and how Curry is better. :coleman:

I just think he is. Paul is too short to win in the playoffs. I will pick the warriors.

moe94
01-02-2014, 08:06 AM
I just think he is. Paul is too short to win in the playoffs. I will pick the warriors.

Is this the reason why they always tell you to STFU? I always felt like it was uncalled for.

ABfor3
01-02-2014, 08:07 AM
Is this the reason why they always tell you to STFU? I always felt like it was uncalled for.
:roll: :roll:

SacJB Shady
01-02-2014, 08:07 AM

I doubt it. I can have my own opinion.

joeyjoejoe
01-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Honestly both are awesome this season, I'd pick cp but if someone chose curry could respect that no need for hate just happy to watch imo the two best point guards in the game I'll say this season coz it changes from year to year

andremiller07
01-02-2014, 08:27 AM
CP3 has half the talent around him that Curry has and has them playing at a higher level during the regular season while having a better season himself in terms of numbers and impact.

SacJB Shady
01-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Honestly both are awesome this season, I'd pick cp but if someone chose curry could respect that no need for hate just happy to watch imo the two best point guards in the game I'll say this season coz it changes from year to year

thank you, happy ny. We all have our own opinions and rightfully so.

Jlamb47
01-02-2014, 01:40 PM
CP3 can defend Curry cant
Curry can only shoot 3's better thats it
CP3 does EVERYTHING else better cmon guys

scm5
01-02-2014, 01:48 PM
If my intention is only making a case for Steph Curry over CP3 and not taking my personal opinion in consideration, this is how it would go:

Very few point guards in the history of the NBA have been able to win championships as the best player on their team. It rarely happens.

In today's league, the best teams have multiple perimeter players that can create for others. Many times, the best teams don't even have traditional point guards. The Lakers with DFish, Miami with Chalmers, Indiana with George Hill... etc.

Chris Paul's main strength is his ability to create for others. If you have another player like Lebron James on the team, Chris Paul isn't a great off-ball player and one would take away from the other.

On the other hand, if you paired Lebron with Curry, you've got an incredibly deadly duo. Curry isn't a slouch on passing and he just might be the best point guard in the league at playing off the ball.

Genaro
01-02-2014, 01:52 PM
CP3 gets a lot of hate here. He's a top 5 player in the L, he's head and shoulders above all PG's.
Curry barely manage to get in my top 5 PGs.

scm5
01-02-2014, 01:54 PM
CP3 can defend Curry cant
Curry can only shoot 3's better thats it
CP3 does EVERYTHING else better cmon guys

Curry is actually quite a good defender, he's not as good on CP3 on defense, but he is a good defender. Curry is a big guard and he positions himself well on defense and clearly gives some point guards trouble.

Curry doesn't "only shoot 3's better". He plays off the ball much better than CP3 because that's what he had to do for half of his career.

Darius
01-02-2014, 02:06 PM
The only possible argument you could make for Curry over CP3 is that a team with CP3 as the primary option won't win a championship as PG's generally don't.

A Curry led team team won't win a championship either... but Curry would be a better 2nd option on a championship team than CP3 IMO.

grantz
01-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Curry is the season leader on turnovers at 124.

I'd take CP3 over Curry any day. I'd give up the shooting if it comes with someone so turnover prone.

scm5
01-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Curry is the season leader on turnovers at 124.

I'd take CP3 over Curry any day. I'd give up the shooting if it comes with someone so turnover prone.

Pretty sure everyone would take CP3 over Curry.

The only instance in which I wouldn't is if I were pairing one of the two PG's with someone like Lebron or Durant who can create for others as well as play off the ball. Curry would be such a deadly pairing with either of those two.

PizzamanIRL
01-02-2014, 05:25 PM
....Make the case..

The only case is you. You're a nutcase.

upside24
01-02-2014, 07:38 PM
This. Add in the fact that CP3's BBIQ is skyhigh, he makes few mistakes and doesn't commit many turnovers despite handling the ball most of the game.

Watching CP3 really is watching greatness. He knows the right way to play and consistently does things to give his team a chance to win be it a crucial late game steal, game winning shot or dissecting the defense to find an open teammate. He reminds me of Duncan in that he doesn't care about his stats or being the hero, he just does everything he can to win.

He is brilliant.

Pacquiao
01-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Curry can take over the game with his scoring ability.

CP3 stat padding assist and playing passive makes him a loser as he doesn't have what it takes to take over the game like Westbrook, Curry and other PG who can dominate the game scoring wise.

andgar923
01-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Only a fool will take Curry over CP3.

CP3 is a certified 1st ballot HOF player, one of the best PGs of all time. Curry is a good shooter not the same caliber of all around player.

Pacquiao
01-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Only a fool will take Curry over CP3.

CP3 is a certified 1st ballot HOF player, one of the best PGs of all time. Curry is a good shooter not the same caliber of all around player.

No wonder he is a total epic failure in the playoffs

fpliii
01-02-2014, 09:14 PM
This thread is disturbing.

andgar923
01-02-2014, 09:15 PM
No wonder he is a total epic failure in the playoffs

Have you seen him play in the playoffs?

It's not because of him.

Pacquiao
01-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Have you seen him play in the playoffs?

It's not because of him.

When do you see CP3 take over the game scoring wise? He plays passive and focus on the assist..

andgar923
01-02-2014, 09:21 PM
When do you see CP3 take over the game scoring wise? He plays passive and focus on the assist..

Have you seen him play at all?

Btw... he's a POINT GUARD.

It IS his job to PASS the job and get other players involved. If you haven't seen him play, he has taken over a shitload of times.

Doranku
01-02-2014, 09:27 PM
I would take Curry over Chris Paul in a playoff series 10 times out of 10.

yobore
01-02-2014, 09:33 PM
I'd take any GM over you 10 out of 10 times

Lebron23
01-02-2014, 09:37 PM
I'd take any GM over you 10 out of 10 times

this

Doranku
01-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Steph has one playoff appearance and already has as much playoff success as CP3 does. :roll:

Bigsmoke
01-02-2014, 09:48 PM
....Make the case..

So now that deron Williams, drose, and Rondo all hurt, u dickriding Curry now:rolleyes:

Bigsmoke
01-02-2014, 09:51 PM
CP3 gets a lot of hate here. He's a top 5 player in the L, he's head and shoulders above all PG's.
Curry barely manage to get in my top 5 PGs.

Curry is the 2nd best and is be casting this year so far.

Bigsmoke
01-02-2014, 09:55 PM
The only possible argument you could make for Curry over CP3 is that a team with CP3 as the primary option won't win a championship as PG's generally don't.

A Curry led team team won't win a championship either... but Curry would be a better 2nd option on a championship team than CP3 IMO.
I wouldn't say that.

Put CP3 on the Rockets and the Rockets will have a HUGE chance to win as CP3 being their best player.

Put Curry on the Pacers and the Pacers will be the favorite with Curry being their best player

I.R.Beast
01-02-2014, 10:58 PM
I wouldn't say that.

Put CP3 on the Rockets and the Rockets will have a HUGE chance to win as CP3 being their best player.

Put Curry on the Pacers and the Pacers will be the favorite with Curry being their best player
cp3 wuldnt be the best payer on the rockets and if he cant win with that squad that would be very pathetic....

moe94
01-02-2014, 11:04 PM
cp3 wuldnt be the best payer on the rockets and if he cant win with that squad that would be very pathetic....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SyRyanYang
01-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Curry needs to cut down those TO's and make better decisions to have a case over CP3.

k0kakw0rld
01-02-2014, 11:37 PM
He is better nuffa said!

Pacquiao
01-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Curry is miles better than Paul.

CP3 can't take over games. His team can be down by 20 and still play passive. He cannot dominate and score points like Curry does.

Cali Syndicate
01-02-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm a huge curry fan and have been since the day the warriors drafted him. there is maybe a handful of guards id take over curry, Cp3 being one of them.

SacJB Shady
01-03-2014, 12:08 AM
I'm a huge curry fan and have been since the day the warriors drafted him. there is maybe a handful of guards id take over curry, Cp3 being one of them.

Nah. You're just trying to be proper and are afraid to admit curry is the best. Don't be shy! It's okay to be comfortable knowing he's the best. I have accepted it and he's only getting better. Just Accept it, it's okay.

Bigsmoke
01-03-2014, 12:35 AM
Nah. You're just trying to be proper and are afraid to admit curry is the best. Don't be shy! It's okay to be comfortable knowing he's the best. I have accepted it and he's only getting better. Just Accept it, it's okay.

U are the most bipolar b*tech on earth

TheMarkMadsen
07-03-2015, 11:21 PM

repped

so much fail in this thread

Moe.. :oldlol: :oldlol:

inclinerator
07-04-2015, 02:01 AM
cp3 is way better

Fudge
07-04-2015, 02:09 AM
I'd still take CP3 over Curry.

CP3
Klay
Barnes
Green
Bogut

Just imagine.

Holy shit. Lol, that's a dynasty. Possible 4peat, seeing how wide open the West has been lately.

warriorfan
07-04-2015, 02:25 AM
I'd still take CP3 over Curry.

CP3
Klay
Barnes
Green
Bogut

Just imagine.

Holy shit. Lol, that's a dynasty. Possible 4peat, seeing how wide open the West has been lately.

meltdown

Fawker
07-04-2015, 02:32 AM
cp looks weird to steph.

the traditional roles of a pg and center are so debunked, fools will keep telling themselves it ain't so.

imagine drafting steph and ad a year a part and those were your splash brothers.

SyRyanYang
07-04-2015, 03:58 AM
cp looks weird to steph.

the traditional roles of a pg and center are so debunked, fools will keep telling themselves it ain't so.

imagine drafting steph and ad a year a part and those were your splash brothers.

Steph and AD would have been a better combo than Wade/Lebron.

Bankaii
07-04-2015, 04:22 AM
Steph and AD would have been a better combo than Wade/Lebron.
This forum:facepalm
Celtics would absolutely rape Curry and Davis.

oarabbus
07-04-2015, 04:46 AM
This forum:facepalm
Celtics would absolutely rape Curry and Davis.

:roll:

Bankaii
07-04-2015, 05:00 AM
:roll:
Please don't tell me you agree with this stupidity. You're better than this.
2012 Bronny > AD
2012 Wade > Curry
This isn't even a discussion.

oarabbus
07-04-2015, 05:05 AM
Please don't tell me you agree with this stupidity. You're better than this.
2012 Bronny > AD
2012 Wade > Curry
This isn't even a discussion.

Never mind, I missed the context, thought you meant this year's Celtics who took the Cavs to 6.

TheMarkMadsen
07-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Defenses have to guard Curry differently than Paul.. Curry is more dangerous and more impactful.. I've never seen a team give Paul the type of attention that the Cavs gave Curry in the finals..

Curry just has more impact on the game, he isn't as hesitant as Paul is either, Curry knows exactly what he wants to do down the court, doesn't dominate the ball as much as Paul yet is better at getting his teammates open looks simply due to the massive amount of attention you must give Curry..

in game 2 of the finals Curry shot like ass yet was still the 2nd most impact player in the game due to the way the defense was guarding him, essentially leaving Iggy/Draymond open on every play

knicksman
07-04-2015, 10:25 PM
Scorer>pg. curry is an elite scorer and couple that with being a team player willing to play off-ball then you just have a winner right there

bizil
07-04-2015, 10:27 PM
I think Curry is the better player. The heat Curry can put on a defense is at an epic level. But CP3 is the better ALL AROUND PLAYER at this time. Better defender, better passer, and has alpha dog scoring ability. The pass first PG that can also be a great scorer is a dying breed.

Of the new age PG's (tremendous scorers and known for that first), Curry is the best floor general. Better than Westbrook, Rose, Lillard, etc. The other guys are sort of undersized SG's or combo guards. I don't put Curry in that lane because his floor generalship and passing is on another level from those guys.

I had an old school fan tell me that when Jerry West would swing to PG, he played like Curry in terms of how they saw the game. Curry was more flashy and West was bigger. But I can kind of see the comparison.

In terms of shooting, passing, and handles as a package, Curry is simply the best ever to do it. The only PG's I would take over CP3 are Curry and Westbrook. Wall is really the guy I'm looking at to improve his scoring and defense. And from there become kind of a freak athletic version of Gary Payton.