PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Has Bulls, Clippers, Lakers on Shortlist

AirTupac
01-02-2014, 03:33 PM
[quote]

Carmelo Anthony could be motivated by the treatment of Stephon Marbury by both the New York Knicks' organization and fans to leave the team in free agency.

Marbury sat four rows behind the Knicks' bench on Christmas Day, his first visit to Madison Square Garden in three years.

Riley Martin
01-02-2014, 03:38 PM
I wonder who the Clippers would give up.

alec613
Good, it just means less chance for Melo to go to Lakers.

Bulls seems to be a more realistic option as they can give up Deng + fillers + Bobcats pick

Doubt Clippers want to give up Griffin

TheMarkMadsen
We need to dump MDA so we can actually attract some free agents.

Sounds like he's gone from NY

Lakers or Bulls seem most likely, if we don't dump MDA I see Melo going to Chicago..that would be a scary for the east

scm5
01-02-2014, 03:39 PM
I would prefer it if he didn't join the Lakers.

I would rather hold onto the hope of possibly getting Love.

Levity
01-02-2014, 03:40 PM
melo on the bulls? can thibs make him a decent man and team defender? would be interesting.

scm5
01-02-2014, 03:41 PM
melo on the bulls? can thibs make him a decent man and team defender? would be interesting.

Thibs has been able to hide Boozer on defense. I doubt he would be able to do it with both Melo and Boozer on the floor, so Boozer would need to go.

scm5
01-02-2014, 03:42 PM
We need to dump MDA so we can actually attract some free agents.

Sounds like he's gone from NY

Lakers or Bulls seem most likely, if we don't dump MDA I see Melo going to Chicago..that would be a scary for the east

You act like you want Melo as a Laker... why?

Riley Martin
01-02-2014, 03:42 PM
He'll choose LA. The Western conference needs to get stronger.

TheMarkMadsen
01-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Thibs has been able to hide Boozer on defense. I doubt he would be able to do it with both Melo and Boozer on the floor, so Boozer would need to go.

Start Gibson and trade Boozer who will be an expiring contract after this season or a back up power forward

TheMarkMadsen
01-02-2014, 03:44 PM
You act like you want Melo as a Laker... why?

why wouldn't you want a top 10 talent on your team?

We have one position set for next year..

3peated
01-02-2014, 03:44 PM
rose/butler/melo/gibson/noah is a pretty nice starting 5

alec613
01-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Lakers trading for Melo would set the franchise back a year or two longer — Kobe's contract has already set them back for 2 years

imdaman99
01-02-2014, 03:46 PM
You kidding me? Melo has the ability to defend, Boozer doesn't. Melo has defended in spurts during his time here.

That being said, sigh. Knicks were losing before him, they underachieved with him. They can suck for the next 2 years as long as I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Sigh.

Dagouch
01-02-2014, 03:47 PM
2015 is the Key. If the Knicks sell him on the Future Cap room on getting a bonafide second Star to New York he might stay.

However I don't have faith that Dolan and Mills will be able to attract a Kevin Love or Lamarcus Aldridge.

The Team needs a culture Trade. I think someone said it best on a talk radio show. Steinbrenner of the Yanks only had Faith in Cashman and Torre for those recents run because he was suspended from Baseball.

I only wish Stern would suspend Dolan for basketball reasons. :lol

scm5
01-02-2014, 03:49 PM
why wouldn't you want a top 10 talent on your team?

We have one position set for next year..

Melo is talented, but that's it. He isn't the leader or who you would want as the franchise player once Kobe retires. He's also 29.

The faint possibility of Love alone would keep me from wanting Melo.

DonDadda59
01-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Great news for the Bulls, Clippers, and Lakers if they don't like the second round of the playoffs :cheers:

sc19
01-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Going to LA is like staying in NY. Melo to Bulls = higher chance to compete.

Mass Debator
01-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Blake for Melo straight up. Why not?

Bigsmoke
01-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Melo , CP3, and and Blake would be fun.

Doc coached a big 3 before and worked in year 1 with that club

Darius
01-02-2014, 04:34 PM

The way Blake is playing right now I wouldn't do it.

If he reverts back to last year's Blake as the year wears on, I'd consider it.

Outside of Blake, the Clippers have not much to offer. Deandre Jordan and JJ Reddick have value I guess.

russwest0
01-02-2014, 04:47 PM
If he knows whats good for him he'll stay in the Least.

Bulls is an intriguing fit if Rose is healthy.

MVBallin2K
01-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Melo is talented, but that's it. He isn't the leader or who you would want as the franchise player once Kobe retires. He's also 29.

The faint possibility of Love alone would keep me from wanting Melo.

Lakers aren't going to waste Kobe's last year by waiting on Love. I know you'll say it's the right thing to do and you might be right but the team just extended Kobe to a major contract. Why would they do that so fast if they weren't concerned with competing in next two years?

They'll offer Melo but I don't know if it'll be the max. Which may mean they don't get him but if I'm the Lakers, I try for someone who outright wants to play on my team in a list of them rather than someone who might. Dallas waited two years for players who might want to play with someone like Dirk and look what happened. I get the Love UCLA connection but no one knows what the Lakers will be in two years and unless everything falls into place, is Love going to want to go somewhere that's still rebuilding at that point?

Fiasco
01-02-2014, 04:56 PM

Because Blake is the better asset?

niko
01-02-2014, 04:58 PM
The source says Carmelo could be motivated by "the treatment of Stephon Marbury". Huh? Someone explain the connection to me. And don't tell me Stephon was treated badly, explain to me how that connects to Melo in any way, shape or form.

Carmelo planning on going crazy, nailing an intern in the back seat, getting injured and never playing? Then yes, he'll get booed.

niko
01-02-2014, 05:00 PM
Clippers and Bulls are both massively over cap, does that mean he expects us to trade him there?

niko
01-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Lakers aren't going to waste Kobe's last year by waiting on Love. I know you'll say it's the right thing to do and you might be right but the team just extended Kobe to a major contract. Why would they do that so fast if they weren't concerned with competing in next two years?

They'll offer Melo but I don't know if it'll be the max. Which may mean they don't get him but if I'm the Lakers, I try for someone who outright wants to play on my team in a list of them rather than someone who might. Dallas waited two years for players who might want to play with someone like Dirk and look what happened. I get the Love UCLA connection but no one knows what the Lakers will be in two years and unless everything falls into place, is Love going to want to go somewhere that's still rebuilding at that point?
Then you don't get him. What about Melo indicates him signing for less than max?

Fiasco
01-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Clippers and Bulls are both massively over cap, does that mean he expects us to trade him there?

Clippers would have to match $21 million... it's a pipe dream.

Darius
01-02-2014, 05:09 PM

Unless they want him to walk and receive nothing?

Clips make less sense than Bulls for sure.

I doubt the Clips would trade Blake Griffin unless he reverted from his stellar play.

To make salaries match it would have be Deandre Jordan/JJ Reddick and filler.

Bulls though have Taj Gibson and Deng as well as various smaller pieces.

niko
01-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Note: By no means do i think Melo is a lock to stay, but any article that starts out that Melo is motivated by what happened with Marbury is clearly a pile of shit.

scm5
01-02-2014, 05:10 PM

They don't need to. Love is only under contract for the Wolves for one more season so if he wants out, he would need to be traded next season.

What I think will realistically happen this off-season is the Lakers will package whatever pick they get along with Pau and offer it up for Love. This is of course, barring the Lakers somehow getting a Top 5 Lottery Pick.

niko
01-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Unless they want him to walk and receive nothing?

Walk, it's not like he is going to have ten choices. The threat to walk generally works only if you are walking to the team that you are asking to be traded to, like he got to NY. EITHER TRADE ME TO THE LA CLIPPERS OR I WILL GO TO MY SECONDARY CHOICE, go. **** off. Have a nice life.

The problem with trading him is if you get players clogging the cap back, it's a terrible move. Our main asset if he leaves would be everyone being gone, being able to do a total rebuild. Filling in that space with nonsense is the worst thing we can do. For example, Jordan. Nice center. On a rebuilding Knicks his value is shit. Clogs cap space, a player we need to move. Deng. LOVE HIM. Would love to have him. But he prevents us from doing other things with a large salary.

Knicks either need to build around Melo or rebuild totally, not get a bunch of shit for Melo because people on a message board think psychologically getting something is better than getting nothing.

pegasus
01-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Deng(expirer)+fillers+our 1st round pick+Bocats' protected pick for Melo before the trade deadline. Who says no?

niko
01-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Deng(expirer)+fillers+our 1st round pick+Bocats' protected pick for Melo before the trade deadline. Who says no?
Salary doesn't match. I am interested and will talk further but salaries don't match. (Ill fire Mills and take over.)

scm5
01-02-2014, 05:18 PM

I think New York says no simply because they want Melo's star power to stay there and aren't ready to rebuild as long as there's a chance Melo will stay.

niko
01-02-2014, 05:19 PM
How about this in offseason?

S&T Melo for Deng & Filler and your coach for no compensation.

Never mind, that's the Clipper scenario, not allowed.

Jameerthefear
01-02-2014, 05:21 PM
the bulls say no

Darius
01-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Walk, it's not like he is going to have ten choices. The threat to walk generally works only if you are walking to the team that you are asking to be traded to, like he got to NY. EITHER TRADE ME TO THE LA CLIPPERS OR I WILL GO TO MY SECONDARY CHOICE, go. **** off. Have a nice life.

The problem with trading him is if you get players clogging the cap back, it's a terrible move. Our main asset if he leaves would be everyone being gone, being able to do a total rebuild. Filling in that space with nonsense is the worst thing we can do. For example, Jordan. Nice center. On a rebuilding Knicks his value is shit. Clogs cap space, a player we need to move. Deng. LOVE HIM. Would love to have him. But he prevents us from doing other things with a large salary.

Knicks either need to build around Melo or rebuild totally, not get a bunch of shit for Melo because people on a message board think psychologically getting something is better than getting nothing.

I agree with your approach. Just sayin' Dolan has made a lot of questionable moves in the past so Knicks FO might now see it your way.

I also agree that Melo doesn't have that much leverage because - if he wants a big coastal market - there aren't any clubs that can sign him outright except LAL who won't be winning a championship for at least 2 years.

What's the cap situation in Dallas? That might be a wild card. Not a coastal city but still big market and pretty nice.

MP.Trey
01-02-2014, 05:24 PM
“He saw Marbury get heckled by some fans on Christmas,’’ one source told The Post. “He doesn’t want to be the next Marbury. He’s very sensitive.”

I know the context but damn, Melo's worrying about being the next Stephon Marbury? :roll:

niko
01-02-2014, 05:26 PM
I know the context but damn, Melo's worrying about being the next Stephon Marbury? :roll:
This is completely made up. Someone thought this would be a believable segway to post some bullshit scenarios.

Again, Melo might very well leave but it has nothing to do with Marbury. It sounds stupid because it is stupid.

niko
01-02-2014, 05:28 PM
I agree with your approach. Just sayin' Dolan has made a lot of questionable moves in the past so Knicks FO might now see it your way.

I also agree that Melo doesn't have that much leverage because - if he wants a big coastal market - there aren't any clubs that can sign him outright except LAL who won't be winning a championship for at least 2 years.

What's the cap situation in Dallas? That might be a wild card. Not a coastal city but still big market and pretty nice.
It's good but it reminds me of Deron and Howard, we'll just sign Dirk and Melo and both will take a significant amount less and be happy with that rather than full money elsewhere.

Possible? Yes. Likely?

WhySoInsecure?
01-02-2014, 05:29 PM
This is completely made up. Someone thought this would be a believable segway to post some bullshit scenarios.

Again, Melo might very well leave but it has nothing to do with Marbury. It sounds stupid because it is stupid.
It's sad that Frank Isola can pull quotes out of his ass and turn them into news.

niko
01-02-2014, 05:38 PM
It's sad that Frank Isola can pull quotes out of his ass and turn them into news.
I don't think this was him.

WhySoInsecure?
01-02-2014, 05:40 PM
I don't think this was him.
Oh, Marc Berman representing the New York Post.

russwest0
01-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Because Blake is the better asset?

Yeah but CP3 needs a #1 option to not choke in da playoffs

Scholar
01-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Yeah, the connection between Melo and Starbury is bullshit, but I do think the honeymoon has been over in NY & Melo is likely to move on.

salwan
01-02-2014, 06:25 PM
melo on the bulls would be cool.

I would go there if I were him. they have the complementary defenders. need to get some shooters too, doe.

andremiller07
01-02-2014, 06:49 PM
He should go to Memphis if the Grizz move Z-Bo

Marc Gasol/Conley/Ed Davis/Allen are perfect compliments to him

beastee
01-02-2014, 06:59 PM
melo on the bulls would be cool.

I would go there if I were him. they have the complementary defenders. need to get some shooters too, doe.

I agree with this. Amnesty Boozer and Melo can be a slight liability with Butler and Gibson and Noah holding down the system. Since Rose's mobility will never be the same, he can benefit from a true scorer and shotmaker(jacker). I wasnt high on this idea before...but Gibson is improving this season and looks like he can warrant starting especially with his contract. And Mirotic on the way as Another floor spacer.

This could work. What kind of deal would be realistic though?

If Bulls keep on sucking their pick could become top 8 and in this draft...:banana:

Bandito
01-02-2014, 07:40 PM
I hope Anthony goes to the Lakers!!!! If we somehow get the first pick we might have a tandem of Wiggins, Kobe and Anthony. Wiggins could be 6th man of the year playing behind Kobe and will learn a lot from him if he puts on the work. And if Gasol stays that could be a tandem of Gasol-Kobe-Anthony with a possibility of a great pick (hopefully Wiggins).

Bandito
01-02-2014, 07:41 PM
He doesn't have too, the Bulls do need a star scorer though...

97 bulls
01-02-2014, 08:39 PM
I think a fair trade would be Anthony and Smith for Deng and Boozer. The Knicks would have 30 mill come off the books by next year. And the Bulls would get that second star and shooter/sixth man

longtime lurker
01-02-2014, 08:45 PM
The source says Carmelo could be motivated by "the treatment of Stephon Marbury". Huh? Someone explain the connection to me. And don't tell me Stephon was treated badly, explain to me how that connects to Melo in any way, shape or form.

Carmelo planning on going crazy, nailing an intern in the back seat, getting injured and never playing? Then yes, he'll get booed.

:roll: this generation of players are so mentally weak! he's scared of getting booed! Are you serious? lol

no pun intended
01-02-2014, 08:47 PM
sounds like he's going to end up in the lakers then...

going to be interesting when kobe's contract expires and the lakers may manage to get a melo/love combo in the near-future

perhaps even a westbrook/melo/love

WhySoInsecure?
01-02-2014, 08:57 PM
I think a fair trade would be Anthony and Smith for Deng and Boozer. The Knicks would have 30 mill come off the books by next year. And the Bulls would get that second star and shooter/sixth man
Don't want your trash.

If the Knicks are going to trade Melo I want Drummond, Turner or Beal coming back our way.

Pacquiao
01-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Don't want your trash.

If the Knicks are going to trade Melo I want Drummond, Turner or Beal coming back our way.

I feel sorry for those 3 guys coming your way. They will instantly become trash as soon as they Play with the Knicks.

97 bulls
01-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Don't want your trash.

Those players arent trash. And thats not even the point. A trade like that gives the Knicks more flexibility after next year. I forgot to add the Bulls Bobcats draftpick

kNicKz
01-02-2014, 10:01 PM
:roll: this generation of players are so mentally weak! he's scared of getting booed! Are you serious? lol

Basically lol

**** it, if he leaves he leaves. I'm fine with him leaving and fine with him staying. We can work from each angle (no homo)

KyrieTheFuture
01-02-2014, 10:05 PM
It's not about boos it's about disrespect from people who are supposed to cheer for you

kNicKz
01-02-2014, 10:10 PM
It's not about boos it's about disrespect from people who are supposed to cheer for you

http://media.masslive.com/parquetpride/photo/cavaliers-fans-burn-lebron-james-jersey-d2938d31f250f9b5_large.jpg

http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Lebron-fan-we-miss-you-come-back-2014.jpg

VIntageNOvel
01-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Yeah but CP3 needs a #1 option to not choke in da playoffs

this, if clippers want the chip, now is the time,
they need someone to share CP load, and take over when he goes passive mode
heat look worse than the past 3 years (motivasion-wise, thats why its so hard to 3 peat)
westbrook is injured

dannywpt
01-02-2014, 11:38 PM
rose/butler/melo/gibson/noah is a pretty nice starting 5

This lineup next season with dat Thibs coaching would be suoer interesting to see.

poido123
01-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Bulls need to do this move.

I read an article that Bulls management turned down an offer to trade Deng for Bynum because they want to resign him this offseason :facepalm

I wouldn't be surprised if they are ignoring Deng/Melo trade offers :mad:

Out of the 3 teams, the bulls have the most to offer both in picks and serviceable players. On top of that, Melo fits best with a team in desperate need of another star and offensive player.

97 bulls
01-03-2014, 02:10 AM
Bulls need to do this move.

I read an article that Bulls management turned down an offer to trade Deng for Bynum because they want to resign him this offseason :facepalm

I wouldn't be surprised if they are ignoring Deng/Melo trade offers :mad:

Out of the 3 teams, the bulls have the most to offer both in picks and serviceable players. On top of that, Melo fits best with a team in desperate need of another star and offensive player.
Why do the Bulls want to resign Deng? Hes a good player but its clear hes not good enough. And whats gonna happen when Butlers contract comes up?

Sometimes I wonder if the Bulls really want to win

poido123
01-03-2014, 02:20 AM
Why do the Bulls want to resign Deng? Hes a good player but its clear hes not good enough. And whats gonna happen when Butlers contract comes up?

Sometimes I wonder if the Bulls really want to win

Maybe we should resign Hinrich for a few more years, sign Deng to another 12-14 mill a year and stay loyal :facepalm

How does Paxson not see it? Hell, trading for Bynum for cap relief would of been a good move I wouldn't have minded. Seriously, hanging onto Deng a one dimensional scorer heading into a decline is not what we need.

talkingconch
01-03-2014, 02:43 AM
for some reason i just feel mitch has something up his sleeve otherwise kobes contract doesnt make much sense if your just gonna waste away a season

Derka
01-03-2014, 02:46 AM
Here we go. "Sources" making shit up to drum up business.