PDA

View Full Version : More hate-worthy: People who think their culture's food is best, or food know-it-alls

Bourne
01-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Good LORD I hate these certain types of moron.

Which is more despicable? The sentence below is something either of them would say:

"you havent had the best pizza of your life until you have new york style pizza"

Just because your area has a style to a dish, doesn't make it better than something created without an easily identified style. Also, don't act like you truly know what a style of food (pizza) is - you may have eaten pizza in New York, but who's to say it wasn't cooked by my uncle Guy (who is from Montreal, cooks pizza the same way he grew up cooking it in Sherbrooke, Quebec, and has no idea what an New York style pizza is) in his New York pizza house?

**** you.

Scoooter
01-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Shut up Moose-****er. You'd have to be retarded to get suckered in by a Canadian pie.

CelticBaller
01-02-2014, 09:18 PM
But new york pizza IS the best pizza :confusedshrug:

Chicago's is also good, but they're messy

andgar923
01-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Mexican food>>>>

Budadiiii
01-02-2014, 09:20 PM
I hate fat people in general. Didn't read anything you typed in the OP but fat people still suck regardless.

Growing up, dudes had this cetain complex, fat dudes did.. they would overcompensate by trying to be funny and basically kiss my ass so they could be my friend. like... dude, my n*gga, you're fat and geeky.. bro:oldlol:

Losers don't eat at this table my friend. Get yo fat ass over to the geek table for I take your lunch money. I know you got a lot n*gga, how else you be gettin' two choco milks n shit. :biggums:

ace23
01-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Definitely the former.

nathanjizzle
01-02-2014, 09:26 PM
some fat italian guy got mad at me because he asked me where do i eat pizza and i said "i dont eat pizza"

cuad
01-02-2014, 09:31 PM
I prefer milwaukee pizza.

JEFFERSON MONEY
01-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Definitely the former

my fukking greek, italian, indian, bosnian, ukrainian friends constantly taljing about how amazing home cooking is

yea ok it may be good byt ut aint da best

GASOL IS GOAT
01-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Gawd I hate people like but what I hate even more is people who constantly rep where they live. This one time me and my friend.were playing b-ball then these couple of white guys came drunk challenging us for money. I didn't have money, I was young we just shaked our heads and they were like "That's right, we're from Boston you don't wanna mess.with people from Boston." At this point all their Boston repping was starting to piss me off, I was ready to put my years of studying ninjutsu to good use but I remembered what my sensei at the Murasaki dojo used to say " Na Ching Chong, Chung Changy
Wang." So. I took my sensei's words of wisdom, became one with nature, calmed myself down and forgave.

hateraid
01-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Italians tend to be the worst food snobs.

But I think people brag about their food because of nostalgia. Those personal touches always seem to bring good memories. My mom's pancit will always be the best because she makes it a different way.

MetsPackers
01-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Italians tend to be the worst food snobs.

But I think people brag about their food because of nostalgia. Those personal touches always seem to bring good memories. My mom's pancit will always be the best because she makes it a different way.

True about Italians

although I've lived in Staten Island and Queens and the Italian families of my friends always did make amazing food. They talked a lot of shit but they definitely delivered when it was time to eat

Myth
01-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Luckily for me I am a food know-it-all AND I know my culture's food is the best.

LJJ
01-03-2014, 06:17 PM
It someone tells me "my cultural food is the best" I'm not going to argue. I'm going to let them bring me some.

drallafi
01-05-2014, 10:00 PM
I actually don't mind food "know it alls". I've learned a lot from them.

miller-time
01-05-2014, 10:16 PM
At least the know it alls are out trying different things. Annoyingly so, but still open minded. People that claim their food is the best are more hate worthy.

Personally I think food comes down to how well it is cooked, how fresh the ingredients are and what mood you are in. No food is the best, they are all in the same league if everything else is equal. A good beef korma is as good as coq au vin which is as good as a fresh made pizza which is as good as a full English breakfast etc.

highwhey
01-06-2014, 12:53 AM
At least the know it alls are out trying different things. Annoyingly so, but still open minded. People that claim their food is the best are more hate worthy.

Personally I think food comes down to how well it is cooked, how fresh the ingredients are and what mood you are in. No food is the best, they are all in the same league if everything else is equal. A good beef korma is as good as coq au vin which is as good as a fresh made pizza which is as good as a full English breakfast etc.
i have a STRONG urge to follow the trend that a troll posted earlier in this thread by calling OP a moose fvcker, by your location i would call you kangaroo fvcker but i like your posts so excuse me, im a degenerate. i try to outgrow my immaturity but its like trying to ignore a boner when you havent jerked it in a while because you tried to follow along with ISH and its m@asterbation ceasation

anyhow, in response to your post, when i hear someone brag about their east coast hot dog and whatnot, i set them straight by stooping to their level of ignorance and claim that the sonoran hot dog is superior

a picture:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/sonoran-hot-dogs-jkgrence.jpg

how you gonna tell me a hot dog from your dinosaur rat infested city has better hot dogs than sonora?

thats a bacon wrapped winnie with bread so soft it melts in your mouth. then you have options like adding chorizo, cheese ruffles, beans, mushrooms, tomatoe, salsa, etc. just about every topping imaginable

you can wash it down with a miller lite if thats your choice of brew, personally i would pick something like dos xx though

YouGotServed
01-06-2014, 12:55 AM
chorizo w/ hotdogs? :whatever:

highwhey
01-06-2014, 01:01 AM
chorizo w/ hotdogs? :whatever:
new years revolution

keep your pallets classy with that mcdonalds yo, ask for some big mac sauce on ur mcdouble

StusOneGoodEye
01-06-2014, 01:01 AM
Mexican food come a plenty in Cali but they never cockblock another person's business. They keep it open for judgment. The best Mexican food are in Cali.

YouGotServed
01-06-2014, 01:03 AM
new years revolution

keep your pallets classy with that mcdonalds yo, ask for some big mac sauce on ur mcdouble

beans on a hot dog? :whatever:

ace23
01-06-2014, 01:06 AM
beans on a hot dog? :whatever:
You heard of chili?

Bandito
01-06-2014, 01:11 AM
Gawd I hate people like but what I hate even more is people who constantly rep where they live. This one time me and my friend.were playing b-ball then these couple of white guys came drunk challenging us for money. I didn't have money, I was young we just shaked our heads and they were like "That's right, we're from Boston you don't wanna mess.with people from Boston." At this point all their Boston repping was starting to piss me off, I was ready to put my years of studying ninjutsu to good use but I remembered what my sensei at the Murasaki dojo used to say " Na Ching Chong, Chung Changy
Wang." So. I took my sensei's words of wisdom, became one with nature, calmed myself down and forgave.
:lol
Seriously who's alt are you?

andgar923
01-06-2014, 08:10 AM
i have a STRONG urge to follow the trend that a troll posted earlier in this thread by calling OP a moose fvcker, by your location i would call you kangaroo fvcker but i like your posts so excuse me, im a degenerate. i try to outgrow my immaturity but its like trying to ignore a boner when you havent jerked it in a while because you tried to follow along with ISH and its m@asterbation ceasation

anyhow, in response to your post, when i hear someone brag about their east coast hot dog and whatnot, i set them straight by stooping to their level of ignorance and claim that the sonoran hot dog is superior

a picture:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/sonoran-hot-dogs-jkgrence.jpg

how you gonna tell me a hot dog from your dinosaur rat infested city has better hot dogs than sonora?

thats a bacon wrapped winnie with bread so soft it melts in your mouth. then you have options like adding chorizo, cheese ruffles, beans, mushrooms, tomatoe, salsa, etc. just about every topping imaginable

you can wash it down with a miller lite if thats your choice of brew, personally i would pick something like dos xx though

Mexican hot dogs are the best

chorizo with a hot dog?!?! never tried it and my mouth is getting watery just thinking about the deliciousness MMMMMMMMMMMMM

flipogb
01-06-2014, 08:19 AM
people who say "Americanized __________(food from a country, usually their own) sucks ". like with Chinese food, the "not authentic" stuff is good for what it is and nobody is assuming that the food in your country is exactly like it

andgar923
01-06-2014, 08:41 AM
people who say "Americanized __________(food from a country, usually their own) sucks ". like with Chinese food, the "not authentic" stuff is good for what it is and nobody is assuming that the food in your country is exactly like it

Sorry but there's TONS of people that will think 'Chipotle' is 'authentic' Mexican food, or Yoshinoya is 'authentic' as well.

I can't stand going to a so called "Mexican" restaurant that's anything but that. It's usually Americanized Mexican food that has little resemblance to authentic Mexican food. Flavors are watered down, food isn't cooked properly and combinations that try to be a fusion or original but fail to deliver.

I always try to seek out hole in the wall mom and pop restaurants because you'll get a more authentic result.

F*ck me for trying to eat authentic flavorful food.

intrinsic
01-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Sorry but there's TONS of people that will think 'Chipotle' is 'authentic' Mexican food, or Yoshinoya is 'authentic' as well.

I can't stand going to a so called "Mexican" restaurant that's anything but that. It's usually Americanized Mexican food that has little resemblance to authentic Mexican food. Flavors are watered down, food isn't cooked properly and combinations that try to be a fusion or original but fail to deliver.

I always try to seek out hole in the wall mom and pop restaurants because you'll get a more authentic result.

I didn't find mexican food to be any more flavorful when I was in Guadalajara. The opposite really. Take the salsa for example: tomato, onion and chile. I preferred the stuff I was used to in Southwestern US.

LJJ
01-06-2014, 12:04 PM

Yoshinoya is very popular in Japan, what makes it unauthentic?

ace23
01-06-2014, 12:28 PM
This is a good one. So annoying tbh

Bandito
01-06-2014, 01:02 PM
vPeople that claim their food is the best are more hate worthy

puertorrican food >>> everything:roll:

In reality I like all food and wouldn't say this food better thant he other, just different. I love puertorrican chinese food but I don't like texan chinese food for example. I do like texan mexican food though!! But real mexican food is the best.