Lee 32/14/3 13-17 shooting
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I.R.Beast
01-02-2014, 11:00 PM
And not Curry or Lee:biggums: :biggums:
Curry 36/12/4 13-22 shooting 8-153PT

Lebron defense is overrated and always has been...his on ball defense is average at best..

moe94
01-02-2014, 11:03 PM
He should guard all 5 positions simultaneously. How dare anyone go off in his presence. Overrated as it gets.

Kblaze8855
01-02-2014, 11:05 PM
There is no if to it...just a matter of accepting or disregarding what has already happened. Being able to guard most of the league does not make you personally responsible for all big games against your team. It didnt when Dennis Rodman could guard nearly the entire NBA, or Battier in his prime when he guarded both Tmac and Yao, or Pippen who guarded Ewing, Vlade, Mourning, Hardaway, Isiah, Stockton, Hill, Payton, Barkley, and Magic.

Its a standard nobody has been or will be held to.

Lebron is a defensive hole filler much like Loul Deng, Shawn Marion a while back, or Shane Battier who could...if he had to...guard like 75-80% of the NBA.

Dont make more of it than it is and you wouldnt need to be so up in arms about it.

Its not even that unique.

Trollsmasher
Meanwhile your boy is about to foul out against the most ancient team in the history of basketball:lol

plowking
How did Iggy play? 8 points?

That's why. If he went on the other players, you would have asked why he wasn't guarding Iggy.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-02-2014, 11:09 PM

That's why. If he went on the other players, you would have asked why he wasn't guarding Iggy.
Iggy averages 10pts 52%shoot
In the game he had 8pts 50% shoot 2-2 3PT
Lebron aint do sht his defense was sht tonight u really defendin it u dumb nikka:roll: :roll: :roll:

SpaceJammeR
01-02-2014, 11:15 PM
so it's lebron's fault. everything's lebrons fault. :lol

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-02-2014, 11:17 PM
so it's lebron's fault. everything's lebrons fault. :lol
Its u nikkas talking about Lebrons defense like he close to DPOY:lol :lol :lol

red1
01-02-2014, 11:19 PM
who the f*ck said he could guard centers anyways. shit is offensively inaccurate

Jameerthefear
01-02-2014, 11:22 PM
does anyone actually believe that lbj can guard 5s?

chocolatethunder
01-02-2014, 11:24 PM
There is no if to it...just a matter of accepting or disregarding what has already happened. Being able to guard most of the league does not make you personally responsible for all big games against your team. It didnt when Dennis Rodman could guard nearly the entire NBA, or Battier in his prime when he guarded both Tmac and Yao, or Pippen who guarded Ewing, Vlade, Mourning, Hardaway, Isiah, Stockton, Hill, Payton, Barkley, and Magic.

Lebron is a defensive hole filler much like Loul Deng, Shawn Marion a while back, or Shane Battier who could...if he had to...guard like 75-80% of the NBA.

Dont make more of it than it is and you wouldnt need to be so up in arms about it.

/thread

Kblaze8855
01-02-2014, 11:32 PM
who the f*ck said he could guard centers anyways. shit is offensively inaccurate

does anyone actually believe that lbj can guard 5s?

So we take 6'8'' 260-270 pound Lebron and stick him to one of these guys the whole game....who goes off?

Perkins
Noah
Kelly Olynyk
Anyone the nets put out there with Lopez out. Old KG? Evans? Plumlee? Blatche?
Spencer Hawes and the 40% of his shots that are threes
Tyson Chandler
Sam Dalembert
Robin Lopez
Deandre Jordan
Anyone onthe Cavs with Bynum out for whatever reasons
Mcgee? Mosgov?
Ayon(No Horford)
Kanter might trouble him all the way to 16 points
Sacre, Hill, and gasol as he currently is?
Koufos gonna go off for 14 points or so?
Who is the Suns center? Frye or Plumlee?

1995 was a long time ago. There is no Shaq...no Hakeem...no Drob...no Ewing.

Lopez is hurt, Horford hurt, Gasol brothers....one hurt one is old....Bynum ****ed some guys wife and may retire...

Forget Lebron.

Rashard Lewis could defend like half the centers in the NBA and not give up 20.

buddha
01-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Lebron defense is overrated and always has been...his on ball defense is average at best..

not too mention he only actually plays defense a few plays every other game.

Bigsmoke
01-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Curry is an extremely tough cover anyway. Ask Iggy

red1
01-02-2014, 11:48 PM
So we take 6'8'' 260-270 pound Lebron and stick him to one of these guys the whole game....who goes off?

Perkins
Noah
Kelly Olynyk
Anyone the nets put out there with Lopez out. Old KG? Evans? Plumlee? Blatche?
Spencer Hawes and the 40% of his shots that are threes
Tyson Chandler
Sam Dalembert
Robin Lopez
Deandre Jordan
Anyone onthe Cavs with Bynum out for whatever reasons
Mcgee? Mosgov?
Ayon(No Horford)
Kanter might trouble him all the way to 16 points
Sacre, Hill, and gasol as he currently is?
Koufos gonna go off for 14 points or so?
Who is the Suns center? Frye or Plumlee?

1995 was a long time ago. There is no Shaq...no Hakeem...no Drob...no Ewing.

Lopez is hurt, Horford hurt, Gasol brothers....one hurt one is old....Bynum ****ed some guys wife and may retire...

Forget Lebron.

Rashard Lewis could defend like half the centers in the NBA and not give up 20.
I get your point, the center position is garbage and is at it's all-time worst. Even still any center with offensive skill is going to go off. Indeed they are few and far between now but when ranking we compare players to the all-time standard. When looking at it from a wider perspective, in other words not this era, its clear that he cant guard centers period. Shit even jonas v would embarrass him fast.

Kblaze8855
01-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Its clear he cant guard centers because if he were in a world he isnt...he couldnt guard those centers?

This is the world that is.

Centers are awful.

He can guard them.

The idea that he cant is just disregarding a world you dont like.

I dont like it either. Id love Hakeem to show up. But I dont see him.....and Lebron can guard like 16 centers and not break a sweat.

red1
01-02-2014, 11:54 PM
Its clear he cant guard centers because if he were in a world he isnt...he couldnt guard those centers?

This is the world that is.

Centers are awful.

He can guard them.

The idea that he cant is just disregarding a world you dont like.

I dont like it either. Id love Hakeem to show up. But I dont see him.....and Lebron can guard like 16 centers and not break a sweat.
This era is not the standard though. All-time is the standard. If someone makes the statement that lebron can guard centers, they would have to qualify it by saying that he could guard current centers. Otherwise it is false

pauk
01-02-2014, 11:56 PM
Him being able to guard up to 5 positions doesnt mean he can guard all 5 players AT ONCE.............

Kblaze8855
01-02-2014, 11:59 PM
You dont have to qualify anything to refer to the world that is.

If I say Lebron can guard centers it clearly means....the centers he could possibly be guarding.

What Bob Lanier would do to him on the block in 1974 means nothing.

It isnt 1974. Which is why I dont need to qualify anything. You on the other hand...would have to. Because when you say he cant guard centers....you mean people from 25 years ago who arent the centers in question.

I say he can because its true in the league hes playing in. You say he cant because it wouldnt be true if reality were different.

I dont need to change a thing. Just...look at the world as it is...and see that Perkins is not going to go off. And neither will a gang of others.

Willis Reed might.

And if he were in the NBA that would matter.

red1
01-03-2014, 12:03 AM
You dont have to qualify anything to refer to the world that is.

If I say Lebron can guard centers it clearly means....the centers he could possibly be guarding.

What Bob Lanier would do to him on the block in 1974 means nothing.

It isnt 1974. Which is why I dont need to qualify anything. You on the other hand...would have to. Because when you say he cant guard centers....you mean people from 25 years ago who arent the centers in question.

I say he can because its true in the league hes playing in. You say he cant because it wouldnt be true if reality were different.

I dont need to change a thing. Just...look at the world as it is...and see that Perkins is not going to go off. And neither will a gang of others.

Willis Reed might.

And if he were in the NBA that would matter.
:oldlol: You are being stubborn. Humour me for a moment as I give you an example. If two people are having a debate about who is better between lebron and jordan and the pro-lebron stan claims in favour of lebron that bron can guard centers whereas jordan cannot. What would your response be?

catquickspider
01-03-2014, 12:06 AM

People make more of it than it is so it needs to be pointed out.

Kblaze8855
01-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Of course Jordan could guard most of this scum. But....my response would likely be....

Lebron is bigger than many power forwards.

Why the **** would I expect a 2 guard to be guarding the same people he does?

It just doesnt matter.

red1
01-03-2014, 12:15 AM
Of course Jordan could guard most of this scum. But....my response would likely be....

It just doesnt matter.
That is the only point that I wanted to make. Just because he can guard centers in a center anemic era does not mean he can guard centers period. We've all seen lebron stans make more outrageous claims

Kblaze8855
01-03-2014, 12:19 AM
Yes.....thats exactly what it means. Everything else is a fantasy world. Sure as hell cant justify:

shit is offensively inaccurate

Offensively inaccurate is pretending that not being able to do something in a world that doesnt exist means you cant do it in the real world.

I just dont get the big deal.

Centers suck. You see it. We all do.

Lebron is like...an inch shorter than Shawn Kemp but 20 pounds bigger.

Hes an athletic freak with solid ball denial skills.

He can guard centers who arent good. Like 20 centers arent worth a damn. Therefore...he can guard centers. Every claim otherwise is just being blind to the world that is in favor of one they want it to be.

Bob Mcadoo is not the issue here.

red1
01-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Yes.....thats exactly what it means. Everything else is a fantasy world. Sure as hell cant justify:

Offensively inaccurate is pretending that not being able to do something in a world that doesnt exist means you cant do it in the real world.

He can guard centers who arent good. Like 20 centers arent worth a damn. Therefore...he can guard centers. Every claim otherwise is just being blind to the world that is in favor of one they want it to be.

but you do acknowledge that it is an era specific argument?

catquickspider
01-03-2014, 12:24 AM

The big deal is that the media and lebron stans keep saying that and casual nba fans believe it. There could be other players that can probably do the same thing like Marion but that is rarely mentioned.

I have heard the "the only player that can guard 1-5" during broadcasts many times :biggums:

I bet this is considered by lame reporters when they vote for the MVP.

red1
01-03-2014, 12:26 AM
Kblaze lets be real. He can guard shitty centers but any center who has offensive skill will have their way. To say that he can guard centers is deceiving because it implies he can guard all centers while we all know that isn't the case.

Kblaze8855
01-03-2014, 12:31 AM
but you do acknowledge that it is an era specific argument?

Its a real world argument. Thats all it is.

When I say Tony Parker can guard point guards....it means the point guards there for him to guard.

I do not mean Magic Johnson or Oscar robertson.

When I say Lebron can guard centers...ive...glanced at centers and made an obvious observation.

They suck.

It really is quite simple. If you ask me if he could do an acceptable job on Shaq....the answer is no.

And the moment you show me Shaq in the current NBA ill factor him into the question. Centers may never return the way they were.

Wont mean in 2144 the Lebron of his time should be judged by what he might do if he had to guard Kareem. Kareem wont by around.

If he can guard the 2144 centers who suck.....its accurate to say he can guard centers.

What might happen in 1994 wont matter one bit. And it doesnt now.

Kblaze8855
01-03-2014, 12:34 AM
Kblaze lets be real. He can guard shitty centers but any center who has offensive skill will have their way. To say that he can guard centers is deceiving because it implies he can guard all centers while we all know that isn't the case.

So if you cant guard every player......but can guard most of them....it isnt fair to say you can guard those guys?

You go play ball tomorrow....new city. Never played there. You can handle 20 of the 30 guys out there easily.

5 give you trouble. 5 light you up.

I should tell people you cant play defense in this city?

tpols
01-03-2014, 12:35 AM

Yea because iggy is about to drop 40 on them if he switches to curry.:oldlol:

Facts are iggy is not an elite offensive player, hes an elite defensive player.. thats it. David Lee and Curry are both elite offensive players.

Lebron cannot guard curry because hes quick and he can shoot.. so the rose treatment wont work.. hell get jason terry'ed.

Lebron probably could guard david lee but would never take the challenge for a whole game.. just how he says hell participate in the dunk contest but never do it, can score 60 at will but never does it, will not rest until cleveland has a championship etc. its the same thing with his defensive versatility.. somethin he can so easily do but never really does it.

red1
01-03-2014, 12:37 AM
Its a real world argument. Thats all it is.

When I say Tony Parker can guard point guards....it means the point guards there for him to guard.

I do not mean Magic Johnson or Oscar robertson.

When I say Lebron can guard centers...ive...glanced at centers and made an obvious observation.

They suck.

It really is quite simple. If you ask me if he could do an acceptable job on Shaq....the answer is no.

And the moment you show me Shaq in the current NBA ill factor him into the question. Centers may never return the way they were.

Wont mean in 2144 the Lebron of his time should be judged by what he might do if he had to guard Kareem. Kareem wont by around.

If he can guard the 2144 centers who suck.....its accurate to say he can guard centers.

What might happen in 1994 wont matter one bit. And it doesnt now.
This is all well and true but if you want to get technical even now he cant guard all centers. You dont need a shaq or kareem to dispute the original statement. Yes he can guard some centers, maybe even most centers when you factor in all of the players that dont get much burn. But can you see him guarding Hibbert? Duncan? Drummond? Even Davis? Essentially it all comes back to the same thing, he can guard garbage tier centers aka todays crop. But even jordan, a 6'6 guard could do it so it really doesnt mean much.

red1
01-03-2014, 12:39 AM
So if you cant guard every player......but can guard most of them....it isnt fair to say you can guard those guys?

You go play ball tomorrow....new city. Never played there. You can handle 20 of the 30 guys out there easily.

5 give you trouble. 5 light you up.

I should tell people you cant play defense in this city?
You know full-well what the intentions are when someone on espn for example says that lebron can guard all positions.

Droid101
01-03-2014, 12:42 AM
Put bran on Pekovic for a whole game. See what happens.

iamgine
01-03-2014, 12:43 AM
And not Curry or Lee:biggums: :biggums:
Curry 36/12/4 13-22 shooting 8-153PT
And have Chalmers guarding Iggy? :biggums:

pauk
01-03-2014, 12:44 AM
@Kblaze....

For guys 6'8 and under nobody can guard Centers or 5 positions all in all more effectively than Lebron can (and has proved) at his best.... the only guys in that kindof effective versatility in NBA history actually were only Scottie Pippen & Dennis Rodman.... so i wouldnt say its not so unique Kblaze.... Marion, Battier? I can guard all 5 guys aswell, but as effectively as Lebron can or Pippen/Rodman could? Come on now..... :D

@Red1...

It doesnt mean that Lebron is a shut down defender on Centers.... it just means that he sure can do it better than anybody 6'8 and under today, no matter who that Center is.... even if its horrible, it sure is at least less horrible than what any 6'8 and under guy would be able to do..... get it?

Kblaze8855
01-03-2014, 12:45 AM
Why exactly should Lebron be the one player in NBA history who has to be able guard 100% of a position well for it to be said he can guard that position?

Mark Jackson not being able to guard Magic in the post doesnt mean he cant guard pointguards.

It means Magic is a star and a freak of nature.

Lebron can probably guard....330-340 players in the NBA and not be a mismatch likely to result in an eruption.

If you dont find that impressive so be it. But it is flat out true to say Lebron can defend 5 positions.

It just is.

The issue is how much you care/what that means.

Not if he can do it.

06 Boris diaw could probably guard 300 people.

Dont make more of it than need be and its nothing to argue about.

Doesnt change the facts.

Kblaze8855
01-03-2014, 12:52 AM
@Kblaze....

For guys 6'8 and under nobody can guard Centers or 5 positions all in all more effectively than Lebron can (and has proved) at his best.... the only guys in that kindof effective versatility in NBA history actually were only Scottie Pippen & Dennis Rodman.... so i wouldnt say its not so unique Kblaze.... Marion, Battier? I can guard all 5 guys aswell, but as effectively as Lebron? Come on now.....

You dont know shit about NBA history.

Ive seen people you wouldnt know if they slapped you guard points and bigmen as well as or better than Lebron.

Rodney Mccray wasnt nearly Lebrons size and he did work on HOF power forwards and would turn around and keep superstar guards out of the lane.

Dont come talking like you really looked into the best all around defenders of the damn 60s because you feel Lebron was slighted.

Satch Sanders guarded Jerry West, Oscar, baylor, Wilt, and Willis Reed.

Just because you dont know them doesnt mean they didnt exist. When Isay plenty can do it and do it as well its because I watched them do it or looked into evidence of them doing it. Im not talking out of some emotional attachment to one guy. Give that a shot.

red1
01-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Why exactly should Lebron be the one player in NBA history who has to be able guard 100% of a position well for it to be said he can guard that position?

Mark Jackson not being able to guard Magic in the post doesnt mean he cant guard pointguards.

It means Magic is a star and a freak of nature.

Lebron can probably guard....330-340 players in the NBA and not be a mismatch likely to result in an eruption.

If you dont find that impressive so be it. But it is flat out true to say Lebron can defend 5 positions.

It just is.

The issue is how much you care/what that means.

Not if he can do it.

06 Boris diaw could probably guard 300 people.

Dont make more of it than need be and its nothing to argue about.

Doesnt change the facts.
Good post. I do find that impressive but what I dont find impressive is when people start giving undue credit and I can already see the slippery slope. Today we say lebron can guard centers. 10 years down the road we will be arguing whether or not lebron can lock duncan down and believe me there will be posters who will argue in favour of the second view. Lebrons ability to guard centers has more to do with the current era and less to do with lebron being some otherworldy defensive beast like some would argue.

Bigsmoke
01-03-2014, 01:02 AM
Yea because iggy is about to drop 40 on them if he switches to curry.:oldlol:

Facts are iggy is not an elite offensive player, hes an elite defensive player.. thats it. David Lee and Curry are both elite offensive players.

Lebron cannot guard curry because hes quick and he can shoot.. so the rose treatment wont work.. hell get jason terry'ed.

Lebron probably could guard david lee but would never take the challenge for a whole game.. just how he says hell participate in the dunk contest but never do it, can score 60 at will but never does it, will not rest until cleveland has a championship etc. its the same thing with his defensive versatility.. somethin he can so easily do but never really does it.
LEbron had enough on his plate as it is. U want him to dictate the offense, rebound, play help defense, defend his man, and make sure Curry and Lee dont go off?

Pippen was even a better defender than LeBron and u gotta be kidding if u u dont think dude was apart of moments where Barkley, Mashburn, Payton, and ect exploded

SHAQisGOAT
01-03-2014, 01:03 AM
@Kblaze....

For guys 6'8 and under nobody can guard Centers or 5 positions all in all more effectively than Lebron can (and has proved) at his best....

Rodman

@Kblaze....
the only guys in that kindof effective versatility in NBA history actually were only Scottie Pippen & Dennis Rodman.... so i wouldnt say its not so unique Kblaze.... Marion, Battier? I can guard all 5 guys aswell, but as effectively as Lebron can or Pippen/Rodman could? Come on now..... :D

Bobby Jones is another, adding to his elite off-ball d, and...

Ive seen people you wouldnt know if they slapped you guard points and bigmen as well as or better than Lebron.

Rodney Mccray wasnt nearly Lebrons size and he did work on HOF power forwards and would turn around and keep superstar guards out of the lane.

Dont come talking like you really looked into the best all around defenders of the damn 60s because you feel Lebron was slighted.

Just because you dont know them doesnt mean they didnt exist. When Isay plenty can do it and do it as well its because I watched them do it or looked into evidence of them doing it. Im not talking out of some emotional attachment to one guy. Give that a shot.

Rodney McCray, now there's a name you don't hear much at all, sad because he had a great defensive peak in the late 80s. Seen him guard Bird, playing PF then defending some guards....
Dudes like him, Dan Roundfield, Paul Silas, Van Lier, Paul Pressey.. overlooked af.. and I'm only talking on the defensive side right now.

Johnny Jones
01-03-2014, 01:04 AM
:facepalm

Scholar
01-03-2014, 01:06 AM
Obviously, Barnes and Iggy were switching between the 5 positions. Sometimes Iggy was playing Center and LeBron was guarding him there. Other times, Barnes was playing PG, so LeBron had to guard him there.

Duh. Don't you f*ck nikkas know nothin' about nothin'?

tpols
01-03-2014, 01:07 AM
LEbron had enough on his plate as it is. U want him to dictate the offense, rebound, play help defense, defend and man, and make sure Curry and Lee dont go off?

Pippen was even a better defender than LeBron and u gotta be kidding if u u dont think dude was apart of moments where Barkley, Mashburn, Payton, and ect exploded
Its just funny cuz you can say this about any offensive superstar ever.. they cant put as much into D as a role player true.

But Lebron gets praised as he can guard any big man ever when he blocks tiago splitter once.. or denies David West the post off a switch once.. and flops when he starts getting physical with him.

Ok. Lebron can temporarily cover a switch at an average level for each given position.. the way people talk about it though youd think he was just shutting everyone down.. hes one of those defenders thats good at many things but not great at one, but people wanna act like hes great at all.

Levity
01-03-2014, 01:09 AM
just curious, everyone whos saying lebron can guard centers, is it because he can front them like he did against pau back in 11-12 season. or does he actually let these guys try and back him down or let them post up on him. legit question, cause i havent seen the latter, but i also dont watch too many heat games.

9erempiree
01-03-2014, 01:10 AM
You kids know nothing about basketball.

I'm still laughing at this notion that he can cover all positions because he can't.

We already know what Miami's weaknesses are and if he can cover all 5 positions then he should be playing defense in the interior because Miami is getting killed there.

Any reasonable coach would know how to use Lebron and because he's not covering centers, is because he CAN'T.

catquickspider
01-03-2014, 01:10 AM
tony parker can guard shooting guards that suck

he can probably guard small forwards like korver as well

so he can go 1-3 :lol

:facepalm

red1
01-03-2014, 01:12 AM

I'm still laughing at this notion that he can cover all positions because he can't.

We already know what Miami's weaknesses are and if he can cover all 5 positions then he should be playing defense in the interior because Miami is getting killed there.

Any reasonable coach would know how to use Lebron and because he's not covering centers, is because he CAN'T.
you honestly dont know anything. one of the least informed posters here

russwest0

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Kblaze8855
so show me. People think LeBron can shut down great centers. Can guard every big man ever as you put it. Give me an example of these people. Serious people.

red1
01-03-2014, 01:13 AM
just curious, everyone whos saying lebron can guard centers, is it because he can front them like he did against pau back in 11-12 season. or does he actually let these guys try and back him down or let them post up on him. legit question, cause i havent seen the latter, but i also dont watch too many heat games.
he fronts well. hardly ever gets matched up with centers who play back to the basket

red1
01-03-2014, 01:16 AM
so show me. People think LeBron can shut down great centers. Can guard every big man ever as you put it. Give me an example of these people. Serious people.
You don't find people claiming that he can shut down centers. You DO find people who act like he is DPOY material. Its the same thing really, giving undue praise

pauk
01-03-2014, 01:16 AM
The only thing stopping Lebron from giving 100% of his energy on the defensive end all the time guarding whoever he likes and whatever is that he needs it even more for the offensive end, that... and foul trouble.... to much is at risk for a player of Lebrons offensive caliber/responsibility on that Miami team (where he has same or even more effective versatile ability there aswell position/role wise).......

Miami therefore puts Battier much more often on PFs even though Lebron would be able to do a better job on any of them, Battiers offensively ability consists of nothing but occasionally shooting a wideopen 3 and not even that is required entirely from him, they can & do win games with him making 0 points, that is what allows him to waste everything he has on the defensive end, even if he gets fouled out doing it all the time, he did his job... it is his job, his only job...

So its not like Battiers ability to guard PFs is as effective as Lebrons.... it just means that he can get away with guarding them without hurting his teams outcome of the game by not being able to deliver offensively or by not being present due to fouls....

YouGotServed
01-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Has a poster answered the OP so far? He brings up a legitimate point. I didn't watch the game, but if LeBron indeed was not guarding Curry or Lee then the OP is asking a good question. We hear it every time, LeBron is a top perimeter defender in the league and a versatile one at that. Why wasn't he guarding Curry or Lee?

:confusedshrug:

tpols
01-03-2014, 01:20 AM
The only thing stopping Lebron from giving 100% of his energy on the defensive end all the time guarding whoever he likes and whatever is that he needs it even more for the offensive end, that... and foul trouble.... to much is at risk for a player of Lebrons offensive caliber/responsibility on that Miami team (where he has same or even more effective versatile ability there aswell position/role wise).......

Miami therefore puts Battier much more often on PFs even though Lebron would be able to do a better job on any of them, .
Bold is said for all offensive superstars.. so its nothin new. And bottom sentence is perfect example of bron getting undue credit..

Lebron could guard any big man better than battier!

Then why doesnt he do it?

Because he needs to save energy for offense DUH!

So this is hypothetical praise then...

Nooo its real!!!

thats a convo with a lebron kiddie

catquickspider
01-03-2014, 01:20 AM

Miami therefore puts Battier much more often on PFs even though Lebron would be able to do a better job on any of them, Battiers offensively ability consists of nothing but occasionally shooting a wideopen 3 and not even that is required entirely from him, they can & do win games with him making 0 points, that is what allows him to waste everything he has on the defensive end, even if he gets fouled out doing it all the time, he did his job... it is his job, his only job...

So its not like Battiers ability to guard PFs is as effective as Lebrons.... it just means that he can get away with guarding them without hurting his teams outcome of the game by not being able to deliver offensively or by not being present due to fouls....

thats BS

Lebron has the luxury of having Wade and Bosh, who can carry the offense at any given time

He could focus more on defense if he wanted to but his stamina is questionable

9erempiree
01-03-2014, 01:21 AM

Not a good argument at all. So you are saying if Lebron was to cover PF's he would do a better job than Battier but because he's an effective offensive player he should not maximize his effort on defense.

Well, this is what Kobe fans been bashed for in the past.....

Kobe plays great defense when he wants to, or, Kobe saving his energy on offense.

Same crap, except packaged differently and in Lebron's case they say he can cover all 5 positions. :facepalm

9erempiree
01-03-2014, 01:22 AM
Has a poster answered the OP so far? He brings up a legitimate point. I didn't watch the game, but if LeBron indeed was not guarding Curry or Lee then the OP is asking a good question. We hear it every time, LeBron is a top perimeter defender in the league and a versatile one at that. Why hasn't he guarding Curry or Lee?

He can't.

catquickspider
01-03-2014, 01:24 AM
Has a poster answered the OP so far? He brings up a legitimate point. I didn't watch the game, but if LeBron indeed was not guarding Curry or Lee then the OP is asking a good question. We hear it every time, LeBron is a top perimeter defender in the league and a versatile one at that. Why wasn't he guarding Curry or Lee?

have ever played at the playground? :confusedshrug:

have you ever watched some random player from a long time ago? :confusedshrug:

does that not answer the question? :confusedshrug:

:coleman: do not offend lebron please

Jameerthefear
01-03-2014, 01:26 AM
this thread still exists but mine is deleted :roll:
mods :facepalm

9erempiree
01-03-2014, 01:30 AM
this thread still exists but mine is deleted :roll:
mods :facepalm

was there pictures of underage girls?

YouGotServed
01-03-2014, 01:31 AM
have ever played at the playground? :confusedshrug:

have you ever watched some random player from a long time ago? :confusedshrug:

does that not answer the question? :confusedshrug:

:coleman: do not offend lebron please

It doesn't answer the question actually.

Bandito
01-03-2014, 01:32 AM
No just pictures of you. Ugly as f8ck

sportjames23
01-03-2014, 01:34 AM

It just doesnt matter.

Which is telling about many of today's players. Put Lebron in the 90s and he's smaller than the likes of Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, Charles Smith, and Otis Thorpe. He'd be more athletic than most of these guys, but they'd push him around.

Bandito
01-03-2014, 01:36 AM
Which is telling about many of today's players. Put Lebron in the 90s and he's smaller than the likes of Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, Charles Smith, and Otis Thorpe. He'd be more athletic than most of these guys, but they'd push him around.
He's taller than BArkley when it comes to height though...CB was like 6'5''...

Jameerthefear
01-03-2014, 01:40 AM
it was a thread asking for the best and worst posters on ish

russwest0
01-03-2014, 01:42 AM
lebron is the most overrated defender ever and its not even close

SavageMode
01-03-2014, 01:45 AM
Lebron only needs to try during playoffs. Why do you scrubs think he never gets called fouls on.

Rose'sACL
01-03-2014, 02:03 AM
Lebron only needs to try during playoffs. Why do you scrubs think he never gets called fouls on.
because he plays physical defense only when the games is close going into 4th quarter. he plays great halp defense for whole game. most of his fouls come in 4th quarter for this r4eason.
I noticed lebron started doing this when he was fouled out in playoff game against celtics and heat lost. unless someone is hitting the heat hard like parker last year, paul pierce with celtics or paul george with pacers last year, he doesn't play physical defense because he is too important to heat given that other than wade no one can create and hit shots on consistent basis.
Heat's 3 pt shooters are really poor at creating their own shots.

sportjames23
01-03-2014, 02:25 AM
Rodman

Bobby Jones is another, adding to his elite off-ball d, and...

Rodney McCray, now there's a name you don't hear much at all, sad because he had a great defensive peak in the late 80s. Seen him guard Bird, playing PF then defending some guards....
Dudes like him, Dan Roundfield, Paul Silas, Van Lier, Paul Pressey.. overlooked af.. and I'm only talking on the defensive side right now.

Good post, bruh. Damn good post. :cheers:

catquickspider
01-03-2014, 02:26 AM
It doesn't answer the question actually.

I was impersonating kblaze :confusedshrug:

Levity
01-03-2014, 02:34 AM
I was impersonating kblaze :confusedshrug:

:lol

clutchinho
01-03-2014, 03:10 AM
Can Lebron guard Lee or Curry? Sure he can, and in a 7 game series he definitely would have after the coaching staff had a chance to look at the game tape and make their adjustments. He's too big and athletic not to be able to do an adequate job of covering Lee or Curry with the help of a solid team defensive scheme.

But did he? Of course he didn't, it's not in his mental makeup to show his dominance in a time of need for his team. Do you think Jordan or Kobe in their primes wouldn't have DEMANDED that they switch onto Curry? Instead Lebron turns a blind eye and stands in the corner next to Harrison Barnes prancing around like a peacock, he can do that, he's the best player in the world in his prime with the most stacked team in the league, that shit will let you ride as a passenger in the limousine without getting any criticism or facing any real consequence.

Lebron is in his comfort zone.

Genaro
01-03-2014, 03:34 AM
He's vastly overrated in defense. When does he even guard the opposite's best player?
About guarding centers, he can't do it. He can't guard big PF's either. But then he makes a good ball denial against soft ass Gasol and suddenly he can guard centers.

Rockets(T-mac)
01-03-2014, 03:44 AM

Just because you dont know them doesnt mean they didnt exist. When Isay plenty can do it and do it as well its because I watched them do it or looked into evidence of them doing it. Im not talking out of some emotional attachment to one guy. Give that a shot.I like how Pauk completely ignores this response. :roll:

Anyway Lebron guards 5 positions better than most people in the league could. You need to take that with a grain of salt due to the shitty center/big man situation the league is in, but it's still true. But like Kblaze said it's not like this standard of guarding all 5 position was enforced 100% of the time to previous players that had the same reputation.

russwest0
01-03-2014, 04:30 AM
6'8, 250, goes a month without a foul getting called on him and yall niqqas think he plays D? :oldlol: The dude is no better than Melo at this point

mrRager
01-03-2014, 04:37 AM
:lol this thread

TheGreatDeraj
01-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Can Lebron guard Lee or Curry? Sure he can, and in a 7 game series he definitely would have after the coaching staff had a chance to look at the game tape and make their adjustments. He's too big and athletic not to be able to do an adequate job of covering Lee or Curry with the help of a solid team defensive scheme.

But did he? Of course he didn't, it's not in his mental makeup to show his dominance in a time of need for his team. Do you think Jordan or Kobe in their primes wouldn't have DEMANDED that they switch onto Curry? Instead Lebron turns a blind eye and stands in the corner next to Harrison Barnes prancing around like a peacock, he can do that, he's the best player in the world in his prime with the most stacked team in the league, that shit will let you ride as a passenger in the limousine without getting any criticism or facing any real consequence.

Lebron is in his comfort zone.

well said

imdaman99
01-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Bro why you hatin! I seen him lock up Kendrick GOATkins in the Finals.

ESPN said that was the key to to winning the Finals :rockon:

Bigsmoke
01-03-2014, 11:05 AM
6'8, 250, goes a month without a foul getting called on him and yall niqqas think he plays D? :oldlol: The dude is no better than Melo at this point

welcome back kaiiu

Frozen1
01-03-2014, 11:06 AM
I have watched some heat games this season and i came to the conclusion that this year Lebron is playing the worst defense of his career.

And he said that his goal was winning the DPOY. If he wants it, he needs to put more effort ASAP. Or maybe he is putting effort, but he is failing at it.

It was embarrassing to see in the end of the second quarter curry blow by him like he was a fat 7 footer.

ripthekik
01-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Lebron is the best at guarding.... himself.

pegasus
01-03-2014, 01:22 PM
B-bu-bu-but his help defense is so good, and he protects the rim. He averages jaw-dropping 0.4 block per game. Even Shane fu*cking Battier, who is known for drawing charges, averages 0.6 per game.:lol

LeGOAT
01-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Why was Durant guarding Mario Chalmers in the Finals?

pegasus
01-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Because Thabo is a better defender. No one was arguing Durant was the best defender on his team, let alone in the entire league like they used to do with Lebron.

russwest0
01-03-2014, 03:04 PM

Because the refs were calling fouls on him for getting ran into by LeBron or by cleanly blocking Wade's shots so they had to do something to get him out of foul trouble.

Nice try tho

pauk
01-03-2014, 03:51 PM

Did Lebron neglect signing you an autograph or something?

LeGOAT
01-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Because the refs were calling fouls on him for getting ran into by LeBron or by cleanly blocking Wade's shots so they had to do something to get him out of foul trouble.

Nice try tho
So he couldnt guard Lebron without fouling and you are just crying about the refs. Still butt hurt I see.

russwest0
01-03-2014, 03:56 PM
So he couldnt guard Lebron without fouling and you are just crying about the refs. Still butt hurt I see.

If you wanna consider the shit they were calling a foul then sure :lol

The Celtics, Pacers, and Knicks also couldn't guard LeBron without fouling that year. What a coincidence. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

ThickassGlasses
01-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Because it wasn't a playoff game?

It's a simple answer, Bron's d this year has been average at best because he is coasting until the playoffs.

He doesn't need to prove he can play defense, he's done it when it matters. People can't gloat all they want about his d being overrated and sucking, ect.. But at the end of the season, he will be in the playoffs and he will do what he's done in the past.

Doranku
01-03-2014, 06:54 PM
I have watched some heat games this season and i came to the conclusion that this year Lebron is playing the worst defense of his career.

And he said that his goal was winning the DPOY. If he wants it, he needs to put more effort ASAP. Or maybe he is putting effort, but he is failing at it.

It was embarrassing to see in the end of the second quarter curry blow by him like he was a fat 7 footer.

You must not have seen him in Cleveland, then, because he was a liability on defense for the majority of his Cavalier tenure.

Element
01-03-2014, 07:13 PM

He cant guard real centers

He cant guard Hibbert, he cant guard DMC, he cant guard Lopez, he cant guard Howard nor Bynum

Why does anyone care about whether or not he can guard offensively inept centers? What's the point of even bringing it up?