PDA

View Full Version : The Bucks got this tanking sh*t down to a science

Bigsmoke
01-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Really,

As bad as they are, i think Parker will be the better pick because he will help them immediately more so than Wiggins because he is more NBA ready and plus Parker would only be an hour and a half away from home so he might like playing there more anyways.

Thoughts

TMT
01-03-2014, 12:35 AM
I just feel bad for whatever future star has to wear that horrible color schemed uniform.

coin24
01-03-2014, 12:36 AM
You can give these shitty teams the #1-3 pick every year and they will still suck.
can't compensate for stupid management unfortunately..

kNicKz
01-03-2014, 12:37 AM
You can give these shitty teams the #1-3 pick every year and they will still suck.

The Bucks have been competitive in the past :confusedshrug:

JimmyMcAdocious
01-03-2014, 12:39 AM
If you look at the Bucks recent history, they actually draft well when you consider the slotted pick and that they had Bogut.

The biggest problem is that they keep getting too low of a pick. There's no one leftover who could change the franchise. Although their coaching hires have been abysmal.

KyrieTheFuture
01-03-2014, 12:39 AM
If they get pretty much any of the top 4 prospects they are golden. They aint taking embiid though I doubt he can play next to LARRRRRRRYYYY. They are a consistent scorer away from being good(ish) again. They're real young too aren't they?

knickballer
01-03-2014, 12:41 AM
Finally the Bucks are doing it right :applause:

Too many years of the Bucks finishing in no mans land. Not to bad to get a top 3 or so pick but not good enough to be a decent playoff squad.

Pacers were like that for years but they struck gold with Paul George.

If you want to succeed as a Franchise you must tank first..

Droid101
01-03-2014, 12:41 AM
I just feel bad for whatever future star has to wear that horrible color schemed uniform.
Hehe, says the guy whose team used to wear the pink/orange/turquoise monstrosities:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dd/SanAntonioSpurs90slogo.png

waseem780
01-03-2014, 12:42 AM
How do Giannis and Jabari play together? I would take Wiggins and play him at SG and if Im out of the top 3 picks (wiggins,parker,embiid) I would take Smart or Exum

Bigsmoke
01-03-2014, 12:43 AM

The bucks haven't had a chance at a #1-#3 pick since when?

Bigsmoke
01-03-2014, 12:50 AM

Oh yeah Andrew Bogut:lol

coin24
01-03-2014, 12:57 AM

:lol :cheers:

Not hating on the bucks, but I mean all of these style teams. Look at the cavs, bobcats, kings etc. they get high picks, draft poorly and then sign scrubs to ridiculous contracts..
Poor management.

I guess theres the small market argument and all that..

TMT
01-03-2014, 12:59 AM
Hehe, says the guy whose team used to wear the pink/orange/turquoise monstrosities:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dd/SanAntonioSpurs90slogo.png

They never wore uniforms with those colors. :lol Check your history, brother.

BlazerRed
01-03-2014, 01:14 AM

No problems, they should be headed to Seattle soon :rockon:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-03-2014, 01:20 AM

what does that mean? competitive? going to playoffs cause the east is so horrible? or getting sweeped in 1st round playoffs?

CelticBaller
01-03-2014, 01:28 AM
Seriously milwaukee, change those putrid christmas colors

j3lademaster
01-03-2014, 01:29 AM
I just feel bad for whatever future star has to wear that horrible color schemed uniform.Denver went with a whole new color scheme, logo and jersies when they drafted Melo. Milwauke can very well do the same :confusedshrug:

j3lademaster
01-03-2014, 01:30 AM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dd/SanAntonioSpurs90slogo.pngTakes a real man to sport the colors commonly seen on a sorority girl's volkswagon.

buddha
01-03-2014, 02:27 AM
No problems, they should be headed to Seattle soon :rockon:

Seattle Bucks, all the hipsters here would be all over that.

http://blog.uber.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/hipster1.bmp

B-Easy8
01-03-2014, 04:07 AM
Draft Wiggins and make the longest team ever.

Would be so fun to watch.

Knight
Wiggins
Giannis
Henson
Sanders

ukballer
01-03-2014, 04:25 AM
The Bucks are the epitome of mediocre. I hate them for it. Signing mid-level talent to bad contracts over the last however many years, just so they can sneak the 8th seed, or ultimately miss out. Least they're finally giving tanking a go. :lol

OmniStrife
01-03-2014, 08:06 AM
8th seed in the east = competitive
:roll: :roll: :roll:

TheGreatDeraj
01-03-2014, 10:37 AM

How log have you been watching Basketball?

BUCKS

NBA Championship (1)

NBA Conference Titles (2)
1971, 1974 (Western Conference)

NBA Division Titles (13)
1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1976, 1980 (Midwest Division)
1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 2001 (Central Division)

compared to your Suns...

NBA Championship (0)

NBA Conference Titles (1)
1993 (Western Conference)

NBA Division Titles (6)

1981, 1993, 1995, 2005, 2006, 2007 (Pacific Division)

HurricaneKid
01-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Bucks didn't mean to tank. But when Ilyasova, Sanders, Caron, Mayo, Delfino, and Zaza all go down there isn't much left to compete with.

A tanking team doesn't sign Caron Butler, OJ Mayo, Zaza, Neal, and Ridnour in the offseason.

Thankfully everyone has been injured/awful and the Bucks have an opportunity to get a great pick in the ideal draft to have a great pick.

If they could sign Bledsoe to a Max deal and roll out:

Bledsoe
Wiggins
Antetokounmpo
Henson/Ilyasova
Sanders

with H/I, Mayo, Knight, Zaza, Delfino, et all coming off the bench

Would be great defensively immediately with obscene length and within a few years could be rolling deep into the playoffs.

Bigsmoke
01-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Bucks didn't mean to tank. But when Ilyasova, Sanders, Caron, Mayo, Delfino, and Zaza all go down there isn't much left to compete with.

A tanking team doesn't sign Caron Butler, OJ Mayo, Zaza, Neal, and Ridnour in the offseason.

Thankfully everyone has been injured/awful and the Bucks have an opportunity to get a great pick in the ideal draft to have a great pick.

If they could sign Bledsoe to a Max deal and roll out:

Bledsoe
Wiggins
Antetokounmpo
Henson
Sanders

Would be great defensively immediately with obscene length and within a few years could be rolling deep into the playoffs.

i predicted them being the worst team in the league even before those guys went down. :confusedshrug:

their coach is hella meh, Sanders and Mayo are solid role players but if they are your best and 2nd best player... :hammerhead:

CJ Mustard
01-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Would've went to the Finals in '01 if it wasn't for bullshit officiating.

HurricaneKid
01-03-2014, 02:44 PM
i predicted them being the worst team in the league even before those guys went down. :confusedshrug:

their coach is hella meh, Sanders and Mayo are solid role players but if they are your best and 2nd best player... :hammerhead:

Sanders is a defensive stopper. Was a top 5 defensive player in the NBA last year. He is a net negative on the offensive side of the court. But he has played >23 min 3 times this year.

Ilyasova is a far better than OJ. I know PER is lazy but OJ has never had a 15 season and Illy was 20.5 and 18.3 the last two years. But he has been injured the entire year and his production has plummeted.

Henson has also been outstanding. But he plays essentially the same position as Sanders.

Bigsmoke
01-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Sanders is a defensive stopper. Was a top 5 defensive player in the NBA last year. He is a net negative on the offensive side of the court. But he has played >23 min 3 times this year.

Ilyasova is a far better than OJ. I know PER is lazy but OJ has never had a 15 season and Illy was 20.5 and 18.3 the last two years. But he has been injured the entire year and his production has plummeted.

Henson has also been outstanding. But he plays essentially the same position as Sanders.

Mayo and Ilyasova are all role players.

Sanders can defend but u can't build around a player like that. :biggums:

Bigsmoke
01-08-2014, 10:37 AM
can yall imagine if the bucks were to play in the West?

HylianNightmare
01-08-2014, 10:45 AM
i bet they mess up the pick, draft Eembid who busts or something

SilkkTheShocker
01-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Not really. The big knock against the Bucks since Allen left is that they never properly tanked. Instead they went for the 8th seed every year. Hard to give them props now for starting to get it right.

IGOTGAME
01-08-2014, 11:37 AM
i bet they mess up the pick, draft Eembid who busts or something

you mean mess up and draft by far the best prospect?