PDA

View Full Version : Warriors and Kings both "intrigued" by the idea of acquiring Andre Miller

Levity
01-03-2014, 12:59 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/warriors--kings-intrigued-by-idea-of-acquiring-suspended-nuggets-guard-andre-miller-041556260.html

I think its an interesting idea for both teams. Kings are still lacking a playmaking pg, but with how effective IT has been for them, they might even consider pairing Andre Miller and IT in the backcourt together for stretches, but the team would desperately need a good defensive big in the middle

As for the warriors, i havent seen as many of their games, but from the few i have seen, bazemore has looked decent but i believe toney douglas has missed time?

regardless, would fans of either team like 38 year old andre miller? what would you be willing to give up to get him.

no pun intended
01-03-2014, 01:08 AM
andre miller is what the warriors need to fill the void that jarrett jack left behind, so that curry can get more open looks off-ball

edit: may i also add that this would rekindle the andre duo once again?

Bigsmoke
01-03-2014, 01:10 AM
The Warriors ain't bullshitting.

They trying to get that championship

poido123
01-03-2014, 01:13 AM
Miller would be a good option for warriors. He still has some petrol left and he's very durable which is super important with Curry's history.

KyrieTheFuture
01-03-2014, 01:13 AM
Miller to the Warriors honestly makes them West favorites and gives them a great title shot.

Haymaker
01-03-2014, 01:29 AM
Miller could be a game changer for many teams. Pacers could use him off the bench too.

Brujesino
01-03-2014, 01:31 AM
would be cool on the Warriors coming off the bench.I dont think we have anything the nuggets want though.

bdreason
01-03-2014, 01:35 AM
It would have to be O'Neil and Douglas (both expirers) for Miller. I'd be okay with that trade as long as we don't include any draft picks and Miller understands he won't get a ton of PT.

blood yes
01-03-2014, 01:55 AM
It would have to be O'Neil and Douglas (both expirers) for Miller. I'd be okay with that trade as long as we don't include any draft picks and Miller understands he won't get a ton of PT.
Have you been living under a ****ing rock:biggums: :wtf: :facepalm

The only reason why miller wants out is cause he isn't getting playing time in Denver, you dumb****

oh the horror
01-03-2014, 01:58 AM
Have you been living under a ****ing rock:biggums: :wtf: :facepalm

The only reason why miller wants out is cause he isn't getting playing time in Denver, you dumb****

Relax dude.

sundizz
01-03-2014, 02:16 AM
Wow. Andre Miller to the Dubs!!!!!! Could the Nuggets be that silly. He is AMAZING as a backup option. Could even be out there with Curry at time (with Barnes/Iggy, Lee and Bogut). Amazing. Literally the perfect piece. Can play fast, throw perfect oops, can defend, can get other teams into foul trouble (problem for the Dubs), doesn't usually make a lot of stupid to's and is rick ross solid.

ProfessorMurder
01-03-2014, 02:56 AM
I hope he gets traded somewhere where he actually gets minutes. He could start for the Bulls.

Minnesota, Lakers, Warriors, Pacers...

El Kabong
01-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Doubt he'd like that, it seems all he does anymore is whine he's not getting enough burn.

andremiller07
01-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Kings need to do a 3 way trade with Denver/Bucks where we land Miller and Sanders and give up Mclemore/Williams/Thompson/Jimmer and all my basketball fantasies come true.

Euroleague
01-03-2014, 09:02 AM
They must both also be "intrigued" by the idea of guaranteeing never making it past the first round..........

SacJB Shady
01-03-2014, 09:16 AM

Miller would get as much playing time as Jack. Klay can even use some rest. There would be times where Miller and Curry would play together as well.

El Kabong
01-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Kings need to do a 3 way trade with Denver/Bucks where we land Miller and Sanders and give up Mclemore/Williams/Thompson/Jimmer and all my basketball fantasies come true.
Good thing you put that word in there.

Owl
01-03-2014, 09:17 AM
It would have to be O'Neal and Douglas (both expirers) for Miller. I'd be okay with that trade as long as we don't include any draft picks and Miller understands he won't get a ton of PT.
It would "have" to be for players of no value to Denver and without any picks (no 2nd rounders, no right to exchange picks)? Why on earth would Denver do that. You might as well just say I don't want to trade for him. And then add the caveat that you won't play him much, when the reason he's available is that he wants to play more.

Miller isn't what he used to be, and given the situation (and indeed his age, contract status) I can't see Denver getting too much for him. Still, a very nice reserve; a smart, stable pg and a veteran who'd add value to a contender. I'd expect him to be moved.

SacJB Shady
01-03-2014, 09:21 AM
I will scream for joy if the dubs get him. I don't want the Kings to get him, because we're not going anywhere.

kurple
01-03-2014, 09:22 AM
I want at least one future pick or decent talent for Dre

kurple
01-03-2014, 09:23 AM
the team that takes on Hickson or Foye as well gets Dre

SacJB Shady
01-03-2014, 09:28 AM

DONE. We took Iggy, now Iggy needs his old teammate.

andremiller07
01-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Wtf you btich about him all the time and now you want a pick or decent talent back?

kurple
01-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Wtf you btich about him all the time and now you want a pick or decent talent back?
what else could we get that would be usefull for us?

there is no doubt that Dre will improve the Kings and Warriors (despite the reasons i hate on him a lot). I dont see how getting JO and Douglas helps

and dont bother to say salary dump, cause his contract isnt guaranteed next season

doesnt have to be a great talent. a player like Jimmer is something i would consider

macmac
01-03-2014, 10:44 AM
There's also a rumor that Warriors are interested in Lowry as well according to Woj

TyLawson3
01-03-2014, 10:51 AM
the team that takes on Hickson or Foye as well gets Dre
I would pay money to get Foye off this team, but why would you trade Hickson?

hawkfan
01-03-2014, 10:53 AM

hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

Kings get

Andre Miller
2nd round pick (from Denver)

Denver gets

Jimmer Fredette (expirer)

The Nuggets get Fredette, saving them 5 million in salary next season.

The Kings get Miller to help out at the point guard and a 2nd round pick for taking on Miller's contract next season. The Kings can then package that pick and their own second round pick to move into the first round in the 18-30 pick range next draft.

SHABBA
01-03-2014, 10:56 AM
I have no idea if it's possible but GSW should absolutely try and make it work. They'd move ahead of the chasing pack in the West (behind OKC/Spurs).

kurple
01-03-2014, 10:56 AM
I would pay money to get Foye off this team, but why would you trade Hickson?
because he's literally the worst defender i have ever seen in a nuggets uni.

blazers fans wasnt kidding when they said LMA had to defend 2 players last year. and i'd say they are doing pretty well now

we will be next years blazers.

kurple
01-03-2014, 11:02 AM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

Kings get

Andre Miller
2nd round pick (from Denver)

Denver gets

Jimmer Fredette (expirer)

The Nuggets get Fredette, saving them 5 million in salary next season.

The Kings get Miller to help out at the point guard and a 2nd round pick for taking on Miller's contract next season. The Kings can then package that pick and their own second round pick to move into the first round in the 18-30 pick range next draft.
why would we give up a pick to "save salary", when Dre's contract isnt even guaranteed next year

you're slipping hawkfan

hawkfan
01-03-2014, 11:14 AM
why would we give up a pick to "save salary", when Dre's contract isnt even guaranteed next year

you're slipping hawkfan

Oops.

B-Easy8
01-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Since when did acquiring 38 year old Andre Miller to play 10-15 minutes a game turn a team into a contender?

scm5
01-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Since when did acquiring 38 year old Andre Miller to play 10-15 minutes a game turn a team into a contender?

The Warriors have no suitable backup for Curry. He's been playing upwards of 40 minutes a lot this season.

Also, Andre Miller is the type of backup PG that the Warriors need. He's a great passer that doesn't turn the ball over very much which is great for when Curry is having trouble.

Also, imagine a small lineup of Miller, Curry, Klay, Barnes, Lee for brief spurts. That's an offense that could turn a comfortable lead into a blowout.

B-Easy8
01-03-2014, 12:57 PM
The Warriors have no suitable backup for Curry. He's been playing upwards of 40 minutes a lot this season.

Also, Andre Miller is the type of backup PG that the Warriors need. He's a great passer that doesn't turn the ball over very much which is great for when Curry is having trouble.

Also, imagine a small lineup of Miller, Curry, Klay, Barnes, Lee for brief spurts. That's an offense that could turn a comfortable lead into a blowout.

Also one of the worst defensive lineups of all time.

scm5
01-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Also one of the worst defensive lineups of all time.

That's why I mentioned in short spurts. They would be so good offensively that if this lineup is inserted when the other team is in a slump, it could turn the game into a blowout.

It could also get them back into the game.

Miles and Miles
01-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Kings could use him off the bench. I wouldn't mind it if they gave up Jimmer, Thorton, and/or JT to do it. They are all worthless in Sac but could be something somewhere else. Benny Mc has been garbage too (since Rudy joined the team) but not ready to give up on him. Could use another PG is always an adventure when IT isn't in the game. Watching Jimmer always adds some entertainment value since he can't dribble or pass it makes things interesting and of course all the cheers (mock ones from me) that he gets.

Edit: Oh and someone said something about us not getting past the first round if we got Miller. If we made it to the first round there would be a parade and they would double their season ticket holders.