PDA

View Full Version : So are Warriors back in the "legit contender" discussion?

Inferno
01-03-2014, 03:01 AM
16-3 with Iggy back and healthy, 3rd in defense with a great anchor in Bogut who'll be unleashed in the playoffs, and 12th in offense (might go up with our players healthy), and just beat the defending champs :rockon:

Got the stars in Curry and Lee, the defensive anchor in Bogut, and the great role-players in Barnes, Iggy, and Klay, with a decent (probably below average tbh) bench :applause:

waseem780
01-03-2014, 03:10 AM
Yes, they were inches away from making the WCF last year (I believe that if they didn't throw away game 2 and went up 2-0 they would've beat the Spurs) Jarret Jack was a loss but Iggy is a huge gain. Plus David Lee is playing great. If they are all healthy by the Playoffs I got them beating any team besides maybe OKC

VIntageNOvel
01-03-2014, 03:12 AM
Yes, they were inches away from making the WCF last year (I believe that if they didn't throw away game 2 and went up 2-0 they would've beat the Spurs) Jarret Jack was a loss but Iggy is a huge gain. Plus David Lee is playing great. If they are all healthy by the Playoffs I got them beating any team besides maybe OKC

no Westborough

waseem780
01-03-2014, 03:22 AM
no Westborough
Does "no Westborough" mean no Westbrook? cuz i didnt get it

Jameerthefear
01-03-2014, 03:25 AM
The west is so good right now that I can't legitimately say their "legit contenders".
I could see Houston beating them, I could see the Clippers, OKC, Portland, Spurs. I just really can't see anything else but an OKC-Spurs or OKC-Clippers WCF. Just my opinion atm.

redboy
01-03-2014, 03:28 AM
their strength is that they have incredible versatility and match up well with almost any team in the nba

SacJB Shady
01-03-2014, 04:36 AM
They are. I was about to let go of the ropes when they lost to SA, but since then they've got my trust back.

Inferno
01-03-2014, 04:38 AM
They are. I was about to let go of the ropes when they lost to SA, but since then they've got my trust back.

And they'll lose your trust again when they lose a game again, right? :coleman:

mrRager
01-03-2014, 04:41 AM
The west is so good right now that I can't legitimately say their "legit contenders".
I could see Houston beating them, I could see the Clippers, OKC, Portland, Spurs. I just really can't see anything else but an OKC-Spurs or OKC-Clippers WCF. Just my opinion atm.
lol no...clippers and rockets are not as hot as blazers and warriors atm. i still think spurs or okc are coming out of the west if westbrook is back, not sure on his time frame.

how many times yall underrate spurs and they end up being wcf champs or go deep in playoffs? :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
01-03-2014, 04:43 AM
lol no...clippers and rockets are not as hot as blazers and warriors atm. i still think spurs or okc are coming out of the west if westbrook is back, not sure on his time frame.

how many times yall underrate spurs and they end up being wcf champs or go deep in playoffs? :oldlol:
Yes, not at the moment. But in a 7-game series Portland and Golden State aren't some unbeatable team.

SHABBA
01-03-2014, 07:52 AM
No, not with the bench as it is.

East_Stone_Ya
01-03-2014, 08:18 AM
no but they are sure lock for the playoffs

SacJB Shady
01-03-2014, 09:03 AM
And they'll lose your trust again when they lose a game again, right? :coleman:

Maybe in a tight series, but not for general purposes

SacJB Shady
01-03-2014, 09:05 AM
No, not with the bench as it is.

barnes and green ain't bad. O'neal and Ezeli are still on the roster.

NumberSix
01-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Can't see it.

Thorpesaurous
01-03-2014, 09:29 AM
They're in the mix, but they're not a contender in that I could still see them losing to OKC, LAC, SA, HOU in a series, although at this point I'd probably bet on them in a series against Houston.

My biggest concern is the bench up front. Barnes a nice piece, and Green has some value. But O'Neal is spent, and Ezili has mostly looked like a liability. Which means behind Bogut, there's very little. You could go super small and move Lee to the middle, which I know they've done a bit this year. But then you get really bad defensively.

Iggy is the wildcard. There isn't anyone of the major players out west with a dominant second option on the perimeter (at least with Westbrook out, unless you're super into Kwahi Leonard). Paul is surrounded by shooters, and Harden too. So if Iggy can take the lead perimeter guy out of the game, there isn't a lot to take advantage of Thompson, who'd be guarding the second option, and it could mitigate a lot of trouble that would be caused if Bogut went out with foul trouble, because teams may it find it tough to get in there anyway (Particularly if they go Barnes at the four, in which case he probably gets the second offensive option). However if it were me I'd be putting my lead option with Iggy on him into as many PnR's with Lee and even Steph as I could to try to alter those matchups.

Oddly they probably are a worse matchup against both Eastern teams, as The Heat can throw multiple perimeter weapons at them, and would be super hard to out small ball. And the Pacers size would totally hurt them, and while Iggy could trouble PG, there's more perimeter weapons in Stephensen and George Hill than even the Rockets can throw at them.

EllisGW
01-03-2014, 12:13 PM
16-3 with Iggy back and healthy, 3rd in defense with a great anchor in Bogut who'll be unleashed in the playoffs, and 12th in offense (might go up with our players healthy), and just beat the defending champs :rockon:

Got the stars in Curry and Lee, the defensive anchor in Bogut, and the great role-players in Barnes, Iggy, and Klay, with a decent (probably below average tbh) bench :applause:

stop making warriors fans look bad

scm5
01-03-2014, 12:41 PM
I completely agree that the Warriors are contenders with Iggy in the lineup. He adds so much to the team and doesn't need many shots which is perfect with the scorers the team has.

joeyjoejoe
01-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Not sure about contenders but very good team, got a feeling its gonna be gsw vs clipps in the first round and could be epic

Inferno
01-03-2014, 04:10 PM
stop making warriors fans look bad

:coleman:

SyRyanYang
01-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Not sure about contenders but very good team, got a feeling its gonna be gsw vs clipps in the first round and could be epic

I don't see Blazers stay this hot, top 5 of the west would be

SAS
OKC
GSW
HOU
POR

mrRager
01-03-2014, 05:02 PM
i still believe they will not get past spurs or a healthy okc, but they're up there in terms of potential. if anything spurs and okc's experience and toughness is what makes them the more likely winners

bdreason
01-03-2014, 05:09 PM
It's a long season. Truth is, Warriors are still on the outside looking in. If all the stars align towards the end of the season, maybe then I'll consider them legit contenders.

mrRager
01-03-2014, 05:15 PM
It's a long season. Truth is, Warriors are still on the outside looking in. If all the stars align towards the end of the season, maybe then I'll consider them legit contenders.
what do you think is the missing piece for them to be clear favorites? they're awfully close to being in contention but the west is very tough.

Thorpesaurous
01-03-2014, 05:25 PM
what do you think is the missing piece for them to be clear favorites? they're awfully close to being in contention but the west is very tough.

I know no one asked me, but if they could get there hands on one more quality big with some defensive presence to play off their bench, that would be huge. They tried with O'Neal, but there's just nothing left.

mrRager
01-03-2014, 05:30 PM
I know no one asked me, but if they could get there hands on one more quality big with some defensive presence to play off their bench, that would be huge. They tried with O'Neal, but there's just nothing left.
no biggie :cheers:

that seems to make sense to me, they already have their perimeter game with klay and steph, bogut and lee are goo also but you can definitely upgrade their frontcourt with someone who can help anchor that defense.

SpecialQue
01-03-2014, 05:31 PM
If they score more points than the opposing team in the playoffs and finals, then yes.

1manfastbreak
01-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Warriors starting 5 is one of the best in the NBA. With that said, their bench is incredibly short. I'm not sure what the timetable on ezeli's return, but it will only help them. Jackson is a great motivator, this team could creep on people. They are dangerous when healthy.

I loved Monta with the rest of #dubnation but thank god for the bogut trade.