PDA

View Full Version : Houston Rockets held players only meeting after Kings loss

Mr Exlax
01-03-2014, 09:40 AM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2014/01/rockets-players-meet-talk-about-effort-and-unity/

[QUOTE] After the Rockets lost their second straight game on Tuesday (110-106 to Sacramento), the players got together for a meeting about things that need to change.

The main topic of the talk

andremiller07
01-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Other than James Harden everyone put in good effort it's just the Kings got players to counter the Rockets, it's a style's make fights thing.

It's hilarious listening to the Rockets play by play guy you can tell he's so frustrated with Harden's defence.

Mr Exlax
01-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Other than James Harden everyone put in good effort it's just the Kings got players to counter the Rockets, it's a style's make fights thing.

It's hilarious listening to the Rockets play by play guy you can tell he's so frustrated with Harden's defence.

That's just 1 game though. It's been all season with this same shit. It's not just Harden either. That's the thing. He's probably the worst, but he's not the only one. It's like musical chairs on who's not gonna put forth the effort on the possession. It's so frustrating because defense is big for me. I know it's more effort than skill. I'm not looking for lock down defense, but damn just try to stop your man.

COnDEMnED
01-03-2014, 10:35 AM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2014/01/rockets-players-meet-talk-about-effort-and-unity/

I can't lie, I've only been screaming about our lack of effort since maybe the second game of the season. I would think a young team that loves to run and gun would really put forth a ton of effort. Everybody gets a chance to shoot so everybody really should at least try and play some damn defense.
I only got to see one Rockets game this year, the one against the Lakers. I notice every person is asking for more effort, I also notice there is no perspective from Dwight Howard. Is Dwight not giving effort every game? I figured since he got to the team he wanted to be on, he would give more effort than the previous season on the Lakers. He seemed like he was giving effort in the one game I saw him in.
James Harden says: give more energy level, more effort
Jeremy Lin says: we need more effort and (lin)tensity
Chandler Parsons says: need more effort
Dwight: ??????

ripthekik
01-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Funny to see Harden say this as he is the most guilty.

dr.hee
01-03-2014, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE]

East_Stone_Ya
01-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Funny to see Harden say this as he is the most guilty.

he gives effort on offense, it's just his defense where he doesn't

Mr Exlax
01-03-2014, 10:47 AM
I only got to see one Rockets game this year, the one against the Lakers. I notice every person is asking for more effort, I also notice there is no perspective from Dwight Howard. Is Dwight not giving effort every game? I figured since he got to the team he wanted to be on, he would give more effort than the previous season on the Lakers. He seemed like he was giving effort in the one game I saw him in.
James Harden says: give more energy level, more effort
Jeremy Lin says: we need more effort and (lin)tensity
Chandler Parsons says: need more effort
Dwight: ??????

Dwight was actually the first one to say something about the team's lack of effort way earlier this season, but salty Lakers fans bashed him for it. Look up their post game interviews after the Kings loss. Dwight hit it on the head. From the games I've seen. He's spot on. I am not gonna blame just Harden. It has been anybody on the perimeter on any given night.

Nick Young
01-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Dwights fault he gets litup by cousins.

Haymaker
01-03-2014, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=Mr Exlax]

VIntageNOvel
01-03-2014, 11:18 AM
it's begin,
quick notify mr.jabbar

:banana:

imdaman99
01-03-2014, 11:21 AM
:roll: COULD we go 1 Rockets/Lin/Parsons thread without you guys bringin up the bromance? :lol

Mr Exlax
01-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Easy there Chandler.

I feel they all should get down on each other. Just once to be sure.

Mr Exlax
01-03-2014, 11:25 AM
:roll: COULD we go 1 Rockets/Lin/Parsons thread without you guys bringin up the bromance? :lol

Why lol?

Bandito
01-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Effort and not getting down on each otherOh Parsons...

VIntageNOvel
01-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Oh Parsons...

looks like he wanna do some sandwich, and need another personnel

strifed169
01-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Harden shouldn't even be talking, he was the reason they lost to the King's despite his 38 points, the hero ball he played the last 2-3 possessions sums up his mentality in regards to playing as a team, dude is a black hole.

Mr Exlax
01-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Harden shouldn't even be talking, he was the reason they lost to the King's despite his 38 points, the hero ball he played the last 2-3 possessions sums up his mentality in regards to playing as a team, dude is a black hole.

Our problem is defense. That's been damn near every game though. Can't place all the blame on Harden. He's been clearly the worst defender on the team, but he's not the only one not giving the max or even close to max effort on that side. He's the best/second best player on the team, so yeah he should be talking. He should lead by example though. The reason we lost was because of the Houston Rockets play through 4 quarters. Not 1 player.

Genaro
01-03-2014, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=Mr Exlax]

STATUTORY
01-03-2014, 12:48 PM
dwight needed to accept culpability for getting smashed andlit up by cousins in the 2nd half once cousins wasn't in foul trouble anymore

if cousins wasn't handcuffed by the refs and allowed to go balls out, it would been a 30/15 type of game by him

Mr Exlax
01-03-2014, 12:58 PM
So wait, people think it's about this 1 loss? :biggums:

j3lademaster
01-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Our problem is defense. That's been damn near every game though. Can't place all the blame on Harden. He's been clearly the worst defender on the team, but he's not the only one not giving the max or even close to max effort on that side. He's the best/second best player on the team, so yeah he should be talking. He should lead by example though. The reason we lost was because of the Houston Rockets play through 4 quarters. Not 1 player.But he's the leader, it's got to start with him.

Mr Exlax
01-03-2014, 01:05 PM
But he's the leader, it's got to start with him.

If you place all the blame on 1 person then he can't possibly police the entire team. He's part of the problem. Every player needs to be held accountable.

Mr. Jabbar
01-03-2014, 01:25 PM
:roll: its already happening

http://www.mrvons-universe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers.jpg

clutchinho
01-03-2014, 01:32 PM
dwight needed to accept culpability for getting smashed andlit up by cousins in the 2nd half once cousins wasn't in foul trouble anymore

if cousins wasn't handcuffed by the refs and allowed to go balls out, it would been a 30/15 type of game by him

Cousins don't take shit from nobody, especially not punks like Dwight. In fact he saves his best performances for the likes of the Clippers, Heat and Dwight

If ISH had a player representative in the NBA it'd be Cousins

Mr Exlax
01-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Cousins don't take shit from nobody, especially not punks like Dwight. In fact he saves his best performances for the likes of the Clippers, Heat and Dwight

If ISH had a player representative in the NBA it'd be Cousins

I had a question about that. Has Boogie always played good against Dwight or has it only been since Dwight had back surgery?

STATUTORY
01-03-2014, 01:39 PM
I had a question about that. Has Boogie always played good against Dwight or has it only been since Dwight had back surgery?

Dwight has always had trouble against real centers with legit size like Cousins, Bynum, Perkins, even yao and bargnani, basically he can only beat PFs playing out of position

Locked_Up_Tonight
01-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Harden doesn't play to win the game. His team wins but he doesn't play to win. It's a mentality.

joeyjoejoe
01-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Played a lot of ball years ago and there's nothing more annoying to someone who's competitive then a teammate that slacks off on d and your losing, effort is not a skill anyone can put in

Mr. Jabbar
01-03-2014, 01:55 PM
at some point, some one in the houston organization will be made accountable for organizing a beta summit there

dr.hee
01-03-2014, 02:05 PM
at some point, some one in the houston organization will be made accountable for organizing a beta summit there

They need to find someone showing the players how to put more effort into d...Jason Collins maybe?

ripthekik
01-03-2014, 02:21 PM
They need to find someone showing the players how to put more effort into d...Jason Collins maybe?
He definitely is interested in putting in effort to play D.

dr.hee
01-03-2014, 02:27 PM
He definitely is interested in putting in effort to play D.

Always good to have someone on your team who likes to force it inside. Dwight surely can put it in hard, but he's not really a good penetrator without others assisting him, and by himself on the line, he's hitting the rim more often than not.

Pointguard
01-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Two months after acquiring DH, his teams are impulsed to have a have a meeting about effort. But its just a coincidence as our New Years overdose of Twilight Zones has affected our opinions of such. Notice the teams goofy smiles increase???

The meeting was probably about flopping better because James didn't get five outrageous calls he usually gets.

imnew09
01-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Obviously they're talking about Harden and his poor plays during the last minutes of the game.

1 TO, 1 blocking foul, 1 missed shot in about a minute of play action.

As of now it's predicable how Rockets run their last minute play...
ISO with Harden. :lol

Mr Exlax
01-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Dwight has always had trouble against real centers with legit size like Cousins, Bynum, Perkins, even yao and bargnani, basically he can only beat PFs playing out of position

You didn't really answer my question bro. For his career vs Bynum and Perkins he's owned them both. If you want to just look at 2 or 3 games that's on you. I'm asking about Boogie and if he got the best of Dwight prior to Dwight having back surgery.

Mr Exlax
01-03-2014, 03:38 PM
so again everybody think this was because of 1 game? yall kill me.

stephanieg
01-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Play smarter, not harder.

I approve of all the yaoi subtext.

KungFuJoe
01-03-2014, 03:42 PM
It starts and ends with Haren. He's THAT bad. Puts up a ton of points but plays the worst defense I've ever seen from a star player. I mean this guy isn't just bad in terms of not knowing where to be...he doesn't even try. He plays defense like he's high or something.

Rockets are 4-2 without him. Dwight has a monster game (and they win) when he was out. Haren comes back and Dwight gets tuned out in the 2nd half. Haren gets his points at the expense of teamwork and gameflow...often shooting bad shots early in the clock, or dribbling the clock down to 3 and throwing up a prayer hoping to get fouled or kick it out to a teammate so they can throw up a rushed 3.

I know I'm gonna get negged for saying this because, for some reason, some people love guys who only score, but Haren is the biggest cancer in the NBA, by far.

Houston would be better if they traded him for a solid, decent scorer, who played strong D and knew how to run plays.

I<3NBA
01-03-2014, 05:16 PM
It starts and ends with Haren. He's THAT bad. Puts up a ton of points but plays the worst defense I've ever seen from a star player. I mean this guy isn't just bad in terms of not knowing where to be...he doesn't even try. He plays defense like he's high or something.

Rockets are 4-2 without him. Dwight has a monster game (and they win) when he was out. Haren comes back and Dwight gets tuned out in the 2nd half. Haren gets his points at the expense of teamwork and gameflow...often shooting bad shots early in the clock, or dribbling the clock down to 3 and throwing up a prayer hoping to get fouled or kick it out to a teammate so they can throw up a rushed 3.

I know I'm gonna get negged for saying this because, for some reason, some people love guys who only score, but Haren is the biggest cancer in the NBA, by far.

Houston would be better if they traded him for a solid, decent scorer, who played strong D and knew how to run plays.
they already have that guy. his name's Jeremy Lin.

what they really need is a stretch 4.

kNicKz
01-03-2014, 05:17 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PickernRoller
01-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Dwight and team only meetings go hand in hand. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Jabbar doin em dirty I see.

Mr. Jabbar
02-10-2016, 02:49 AM

calling it since dwight landed there :lol