PDA

View Full Version : KD needs to stop trying to be Lebron

B4llin
01-04-2014, 01:44 AM
He is a scorer. He needs to stop worrying about facilitating.

Dude should be putting up 35-36/3/3. Maybe ending up with 6 or 7 rebounds but mostly defending well. Not trying to go for Lebron stats. Lebron is a ball hog and he needs to be on a team that plays small ball to get the rebounding numbers he does. (I'm not saying that as an insult, it wins games so there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It works for Lebron). Lebron is already the greatest all around player, you can't beat him by outdoing what he does best.

Durant's scoring has been dropping because apparently what he needed to do was become a better all around player 'Be more like Lebron', why couldn't he have just tried to excel at what he does best? Score?!

russwest0
01-04-2014, 01:45 AM
:lol :lol :lol

He's the best player in the game... I would say he's fine the way he is.

KyleKong
01-04-2014, 01:49 AM

http://i.imgur.com/acsZK.gif

lefthook00
01-04-2014, 01:53 AM
That makes sense, but the reality is that it's really really really really hard to win as a straight up scorer. It's actually a miracle how Kobe has won so much playing how he plays. If Durant wants to play like that, he has to completely OWN that role and be ready to take loads of shit and criticism his whole career whenever he isn't winning. It's almost impossible to do that without breaking down mentally, or getting labeled as a cancer/selfish/career loser, or getting traded, or losing teammate/coach respect, or straight up destroying your career, etc. It literally has to be encoded in your DNA.

Lebron23
01-04-2014, 01:59 AM
Westbrick is out with an injury. Durant needs to be an all around player for the Thunder. Kobe is also an all around player. I am not really a fan of one dimensional scorers Like Kevin Martin and Reggie Miller.

clutchinho
01-04-2014, 02:01 AM
That makes sense, but the reality is that it's really really really really hard to win as a straight up scorer. It's actually a miracle how Kobe has won so much playing how he plays. If Durant wants to play like that, he has to completely OWN that role and be ready to take loads of shit and criticism his whole career whenever he isn't winning. It's almost impossible to do that without breaking down mentally, or getting labeled as a cancer/selfish/career loser, or getting traded, or losing teammate/coach respect, or straight up destroying your career, etc. It literally has to be encoded in your DNA.

Agree with a part of your point but what's MJ in your opinion, a facilitator?

SavageMode
01-04-2014, 02:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tgpRZK5GEY
KD copying Lebron by tackling fan.
Also KD liking Football like Lebron.

konex
01-04-2014, 02:07 AM

Kobe is so underrated as a play-maker. You realize he was the PG for pretty much all his rings, right?

pauk
01-04-2014, 02:33 AM
Westbrick is out with an injury. Durant needs to be an all around player for the Thunder. Kobe is also an all around player. I am not really a fan of one dimensional scorers Like Kevin Martin and Reggie Miller.

Do not compare those two. :no:

B4llin
01-04-2014, 03:52 AM
Kobe is so underrated as a play-maker. You realize he was the PG for pretty much all his rings, right?

When you shoot over 50% from the field and 40% from 3 your gonna be a good facilitator.

People are gonna leave other guys open a lot more often the better you get as a scorer.

coin24
01-04-2014, 03:57 AM
KD should focus on scoring instead of concentrating on his stats... Hes a better scorer than all rounder. Thats LeBrons thing because hes not the greatest shooter and definitely unreliable late in games..

Shoot KD Shooooooooootttt:banana: :banana:

mugiwara
01-04-2014, 04:03 AM
KD should never ever ever ever force a pass ever.

B4llin
01-04-2014, 04:04 AM
KD should focus on scoring instead of concentrating on his stats... Hes a better scorer than all rounder. Thats LeBrons thing because hes not the greatest shooter and definitely unreliable late in games..

Shoot KD Shooooooooootttt:banana: :banana:

When I think about it though, its all part of basketball. The more you shoot (And make shots), the more open your teammates are. which gives you more opportunities to get assists.

And vice versa. The more you pass, the less they are gonna leave your teammates open, giving you an easier shot.

plowking
01-04-2014, 06:03 AM
Do not compare those two. :no:

Same caliber of player.

riseagainst
01-04-2014, 06:13 AM
meh, Durant is already the best player in the league. Who cares whether he plays like Lebron or not.
you mad?

MMM
01-04-2014, 06:20 AM
are kobe fans really advising another player not to copy someone else???

:facepalm

Agreed, i find that even kobe himself sold his play making skills short. I feel he would of been a more likeable player/ and possibly as successful if not more so. In 09/10 his balanced approach led to back to back titles. If he played more to that style than he would of had more success in his middle prime years from 05-08.

PickernRoller
01-04-2014, 09:30 AM

Agreed, i find that even kobe himself sold his play making skills short. I feel he would of been a more likeable player/ and possibly as successful if not more so. In 09/10 his balanced approach led to back to back titles. If he played more to that style than he would of had more success in his middle prime years from 05-08.

Lol you can't fix Kwame Brown, Smush Parker and the other scrubs. He had to score 30+ on the regular just so they had a chance to win a game.

sportjames23
01-04-2014, 09:33 AM

Shots fired. :eek:

Bandito
01-04-2014, 10:10 AM

Agreed, i find that even kobe himself sold his play making skills short. I feel he would of been a more likeable player/ and possibly as successful if not more so. In 09/10 his balanced approach led to back to back titles. If he played more to that style than he would of had more success in his middle prime years from 05-08.His team at that time was too bad though. But I see what you mean, but that's a part of growing up too.

MMM
01-04-2014, 10:20 AM
His team at that time was too bad though. But I see what you mean, but it's a part of growing up.

Agreed, i think kobe himself said something along the lines of testing himself to see how far he could go as the man in a particular style. One thing I really appreciate from Kobe's 08-10 run is how he would be able to focus on being a facilitator then if necessary taking over the stretch of games. What gets overlooked is him not losing rhythm in his offensive game or becoming passive.

Element
01-04-2014, 10:25 AM

Wat

08 was the best overall year of his career in terms of playmaking/scoring balance. He didn't win because he ran into a top 2 GOAT defense (again) and his starting C and SF were out.

In 06/07 that approach would've led him to three consecutive missed playoffs. Phil himself told Kobe to chuck the fvck outta the ball and the importance of Kobe's chucking is reflected in his ppg when Lakers won, which was around 37 iirc.

MMM
01-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Wat

08 was the best overall year of his career in terms of playmaking/scoring balance. He didn't win because he ran into a top 2 GOAT defense (again) and his starting C and SF were out.

In 06/07 that approach would've led him to three consecutive missed playoffs. Phil himself told Kobe to chuck the fvck outta the ball and the importance of Kobe's chucking is reflected in his ppg when Lakers won, which was around 37 iirc.

yea i included 08 in my 2nd replied. Originally forgot that 08 was the year he got them to the finals. 08-10 Kobe is my fav version of him and honestly feared him as much as any player i could remember for that stretch. Maybe that is associated with the classic battles he had with the Celtics at that time. Even regular season games were intense as hell and had me shitting bricks in the 4th Q.

NumberSix
01-04-2014, 10:34 AM
KD honestly should rarely handle the ball. He's the guy the play should end with.