PDA

View Full Version : Kendall Marshall

01-04-2014, 01:51 AM
18/15/6

Next Lin?
Product of D'Antoni's PG friendly system?
Just one game?
Or was he expected to be this good coming out of college?

Really impressive.

Magic 32
01-04-2014, 01:53 AM
18/15/6

Next Lin?
Product of D'Antoni's PG friendly system?
Just one game?
Or was he expected to be this good coming out of college?

Really impressive.

20/15/6 8-12 FG

Brook(lyn)Lopez
01-04-2014, 01:54 AM
Kend-sanity Y'all!

redboy
he's a great passer no doubt

JimmyMcAdocious
15 assists to 1 turnover.

20/15/6 8-12 shooting. :bowdown:

Scholar
01-04-2014, 01:55 AM
Amazing game by the dude. He always hits deep ass 3's, too. :applause:

sbw19
01-04-2014, 01:57 AM
No one is happier than MDA right now.

clutchinho
01-04-2014, 01:57 AM
He's not the next Lin but he's a hell of a lot better than Xavier Henry or Swaggy P masquerading as a PG

VIntageNOvel
01-04-2014, 01:58 AM
MDA = Tank
MDA = scrub overachieved = higher value = profit

:rockon:

scm5
01-04-2014, 05:52 AM
Well ****.

Why can't the Lakers just stay quiet and tank? As a Laker fan, I'm not gonna be happy if Kendall Marshall starts leading the team to meaningless wins.

Hizack
01-04-2014, 06:05 AM
Kend-sanity Y'all!
Marshanity

alec613
01-04-2014, 06:07 AM
Well ****.

Why can't the Lakers just stay quiet and tank? As a Laker fan, I'm not gonna be happy if Kendall Marshall starts leading the team to meaningless wins.

it's 'kay, Lakers schedule for January is hellish (I predict they'll only win 7 games max) . Lakers still get their lottery pick, and Marshall boosts his value.
It's all good

senelcoolidge
01-04-2014, 06:42 AM
D'Antoni makes scrubs look like stars.

Eric Cartman
01-04-2014, 06:44 AM

Didn't work with Dwight.

Purch
01-04-2014, 06:51 AM
The big thing about Kendall. Is that he was already, an excellent passer and always has been, so this was the perfect opportunity for him. It's also the reason his stats last night are on my fantasy total :cheers:

aj1987
01-04-2014, 07:21 AM
Didn't work with Dwight.
True. He made a superstar look like a scrub.

wagexslave
01-04-2014, 09:49 AM
He was a nice, humble dude when I met him. Too bad he didn't work out with the Suns but glad to see him finding some success, even if it is on the Lakers.

tamaraw08
01-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Max Kellerman calls MDA an "asset inflator".

Nick Young
01-04-2014, 12:06 PM
A star is born. Mitch GOATchak scooping up a lottery talent from the D-league:bowdown:

Bandito
01-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Maybe when Kobe comes back he doesn't have to play make anymore and he can concentrate to what he likes to do best, score.

Scholar
01-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Maybe when Kobe comes back he doesn't have to play make anymore and he can concentrate to what he likes to do best, score.

Kobe didn't even do that last season when we had Steve Nash for 50 games. I doubt he'll give the ball up for a PG like Kendall.

Gotta love and hate Kobe sometimes, man.

Le Shaqtus
01-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Kendall has always been a good passer, he just needed a team to give him some burn.

Bandito
01-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Kobe didn't even do that last season when we had Steve Nash for 50 games. I doubt he'll give the ball up for a PG like Kendall.

In the beginning of the season they did until Nash went down. He was averaging more than 25 pts on 50%fg. When Nash came back they try to make it work with Nash on the helm but it wasn't working with Diwght until Kobe got the ball back as the main playmaker and it started to work somewhat. Let's not pretend Kobe cannot play off ball...

Jacks3
01-04-2014, 04:32 PM

lol why the hell should Kobe adjust for a scrub like Kendall Marshall? The ****?

:roll:

Le Shaqtus
01-04-2014, 04:44 PM
lol why the hell should Kobe adjust for a scrub like Kendall Marshall? The ****?

Dude is no scrub, he's pretty decent.

Scholar
01-04-2014, 04:56 PM

Because Kobe is in his mid-30's and the last time he played, he was averaging 5 turnovers per game. :confusedshrug:
I think Kobe will have to adjust to any PG, whether it's Kendall or someone completely different.

Bandito
01-04-2014, 05:10 PM
And he can adjust, he did when Nash had the ball for the first games of the season. He prefers to play off the ball anyways....

01-04-2014, 05:40 PM
And he can adjust, he did when Nash had the ball for the first games of the season. He prefers to play off the ball anyways....

The thing is, it's just hard to assess who Kobe is nowadays. I do agree he was at his best playing off the ball but that was when he was younger and when he played in the triangle. Now there's no more triangle and pace might be to fast for him so he adjusts the pace of the game by taking over the game and he does that by handling the ball. Kobe is hardly a guy to run through screens nowadays.

To play with a pure PG like Marshall, especially in the NBA as it is today and it's very fast paced, guys really need to run IMO. I don't think that's what suits Kobe the most at this point. Players who are a good fit to Kobe are rare nowadays. A true back to basket center for example.

Basically IMO, it's just hard to project anything in regards to Kobe IMO because no one really knows who Kobe is as a player now, maybe not even Kobe himself.

Bandito
01-04-2014, 05:45 PM
The thing is, it's just hard to assess who Kobe is nowadays. I do agree he was at his best playing off the ball but that was when he was younger and when he played in the triangle. Now there's no more triangle and pace might be to fast for him so he adjusts the pace of the game by taking over the game and he does that by handling the ball. Kobe is hardly a guy to run through screens nowadays.

To play with a pure PG like Marshall, especially in the NBA as it is today and it's very fast paced, guys really need to run IMO. I don't think that's what suits Kobe the most at this point. Players who are a good fit to Kobe are rare nowadays. A true back to basket center for example.

Basically IMO, it's just hard to project anything in regards to Kobe IMO because no one really knows who Kobe is as a player now, maybe not even Kobe himself.
That's the thing, he was playing off the ball at the beginning of last season at times. And he excelled at that. Of course I am talking about preinjury Kobe not now. The thing about playing off the ball is that you don't neccesarily need to be a runner. Look at Reggie, he wasn't even that fast and he used to use people as screeners even though sometimes they didn't expect it. The coach has to do a lot of work in order for that to work, along with having a good bball IQ as a player. The lakers have the IQ in Kobe, but do they have the coach.

But I do understand your point though...

veilside23
01-04-2014, 06:58 PM
not saying he is better than JRUE but still baffled by pelicans trading noel and a 1st round pick for JRUE when they can just settled for Marshall... JRUE is good but i think Marshall would be a better fit for that team in the future.

Unforgiven
01-04-2014, 07:51 PM
This guy deserves his chance, an early pick.

Obviously behind the dragon and Bledsloe didn't help, and just through unfortunate circumstances of being traded to the Wizards was he let go.

I hope Marshall works out for the Lakers, because they need a lucky break.