PDA

View Full Version : Knicks & Clippers thinking Griffin for Melo

NewYorkNoPicks
01-04-2014, 03:23 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10233011&src=desktop

Scholar
01-04-2014, 03:31 AM
Highly doubt Clippers want to trade BG. He is a cash cow for the organization and will continue to be a huge draw even if the Clippers go back to irrelevance.

NewYorkNoPicks
01-04-2014, 03:33 AM
Highly doubt Clippers want to trade BG. He is a cash cow for the organization and will continue to be a huge draw even if the Clippers go back to irrelevance.

Melo is ok with playing for either LA team. Hes good buddies with CP3 and the clippers dont have the capspace to sign him outright. If the clips want him they need to trade for him

ProfessorMurder
01-04-2014, 03:35 AM
Melo is ok with playing for either LA team. Hes good buddies with CP3 and the clippers dont have the capspace to sign him outright. If the clips want him they need to trade for him

He'd also work with Deandre because he can make free throws.

chosen_one6
01-04-2014, 03:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/nBd4Pzp.jpg

IncarceratedBob
01-04-2014, 03:37 AM
It would make sense for both teams but the Clippers won't trade Griffin.

NewYorkNoPicks
01-04-2014, 03:40 AM
Multiple Sauces

Levity
01-04-2014, 03:43 AM
would be interesting, and even more so with cp3 being out for a month or so. my guess this would is more of a speculative guess by the writer than an actual source.

KyleKong
01-04-2014, 03:44 AM
Griffin is playing out of his mind this season weather people want to admit it or not. No reason to trade him right now.

Patrick Chewing
01-04-2014, 03:50 AM
Clippers won't lose their steam. Melo would have scoring options around him which he doesn't have here in New York.

Knicks get: Griffin and a 2014 or 2015 first

Clippers get: Melo, 2nd round pick

Knicks tank next year and welcome 2015 with two first-round draft picks

hawksdogsbraves
01-04-2014, 03:50 AM
Would be an incredibly dumb move from the Clippers.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-04-2014, 03:55 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10233011&src=desktop

A known chucker for a upcomg 24 yr pf? Who is also a cash cow? No thanks

I am a lakers fan and even i dont want melo on the lakers

Fiasco
01-04-2014, 04:31 AM
hahaha ok knicks fans

longtime lurker
01-04-2014, 04:57 AM
Good trade for both teams, but Clippers would never do it.

Al Thornton
01-04-2014, 05:02 AM
Would be an incredibly dumb move from the Clippers.

which is why this isn't real. it's chris broussard

Lebron23
01-04-2014, 05:04 AM
I don't even like Blake the Flake, but he's a better player than Melo this season. and the 2nd best PF after Kevin Love.

Sarcastic
01-04-2014, 05:06 AM
I would rather see Melo walk away for nothing, than to have Blake in NY.

Only way I would do this is if we could flip Griffin for a first round pick.

Trentknicks
01-04-2014, 05:07 AM
I don't even like Blake the Flake, but he's a better player than Melo this season. and the 2nd best PF after Kevin Love.
Let's just see how Blake goes without CP3, not sure if his numbers will rise or fall.

bdreason
01-04-2014, 05:08 AM
Clips have Blake locked up for 5 years. He isn't going anywhere.

Lebron23
01-04-2014, 05:09 AM
Let's just see how Blake goes without CP3, not sure if his numbers will rise or fall.

Ok. He had his best statistical season without CP3.

NewYorkNoPicks
01-04-2014, 05:13 AM
Melo is averaging 26 and 9 this season. Plus watch the 2 players how could anyone ever think blake is better than Melo?

Fiasco
01-04-2014, 05:15 AM
Melo is averaging 26 and 9 this season. Plus watch the 2 players how could anyone ever think blake is better than Melo?

Okay if Blake was taking 20 shots a game he would be averaging the same amount of points.

Yankstar
01-04-2014, 05:18 AM

Blake for love straight up. Love is the better player and suits the clippers better (Deandre and Griffin just don't work due to poor FT shooting). Only reason the wolves do this is because in all likelihood love leaves after next year while like you said Grif stays for at least 5 and give the wolves marketability and draw card. Wolves won't be contenders in the next 2 years Love or no Love and this way they secure a solid future and can continue to build. Clippers get better this year and next especially once Blake cools off and are more legit contenders. Also love is more likely to stay in LA esp if they start gong to finals.

Sarcastic
01-04-2014, 05:23 AM
Okay if Blake was taking 20 shots a game he would be averaging the same amount of points.

Blake isn't skilled enough to get off 20 shots per game.

Yankstar
01-04-2014, 05:28 AM

:roll:

Today I learned JR Swish = most skilled player in the NBA. :banana:

Wavves
01-04-2014, 05:51 AM

Does Lamarcus Aldridge not exist anymore ooooor...?

NewYorkNoPicks
01-04-2014, 06:02 AM

One can hit a jump shot and has a post game...the other does not

East_Stone_Ya
01-04-2014, 06:39 AM
bad deal for knicks

alenleomessi
01-04-2014, 06:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrR0QCnj8Jo

senelcoolidge
01-04-2014, 06:41 AM
OMG this BS again. It's Broussard guys..nothing to take serious. Plus Griffin isn't going anywhere.

bagelred
01-04-2014, 09:56 AM

Unless they trade him.

EllisGW
01-04-2014, 10:05 AM
OMG this BS again. It's Broussard guys..nothing to take serious. Plus Griffin isn't going anywhere.

he does suck but at some point he has to be right

EllisGW
01-04-2014, 10:06 AM
if i were knicks i would do this in a heart beat.

The JKidd Kid
01-04-2014, 10:07 AM
Seriously think about this guys. Who had more trade value, Melo or Griffin? I honestly think it's Griffin considering his age and his potential to improve even more. Melos sort of a you get what you get kind of player.

bagelred
01-04-2014, 10:15 AM
If there was ANY truth to this, it could turn into a bigger deal...with Melo and Chandler for Griffin and Jordan, with Knicks getting additional assets.

Salaries work. And Jordan's contract still comes off books in 2015 for summer free agency.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Clippers won't lose their steam. Melo would have scoring options around him which he doesn't have here in New York.

Knicks get: Griffin and a 2014 or 2015 first

Clippers get: Melo, 2nd round pick

Knicks tank next year and welcome 2015 with two first-round draft picks

Clips don't have their '15 pick so my assumption is they cant trade another one til '17. Also Griffin is worth more, they wouldn't give up a first with him

3peated
01-04-2014, 10:23 AM
i can't see a logical reason for clippers to get rid of griffin.

fpliii
01-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Look at the source.

That being said, I like this trade for the Knicks (since they'd lock up a great young player for a few years), since it's easier to build around a BG (doesn't require as many touches and shots). The Clippers aren't quite getting pennies on the dollar, but I do think they'd be getting fleeced.

I've asked a few friends about this who are lifelong NY fans, and the overwhelming sentiment is that Melo has worn out his welcome here, and they want a new look to the team. They also seem to feel in general that BG is the better player and best bet to contention in the short and long term (how much of this is a "grass is always greener" phenomenon, I'm not sure).

I can't take anyone seriously suggesting this is a bad trade for the Knicks, but it's not a real offer.

niko
01-04-2014, 10:34 AM
This is the worst trade rumor story ever. Both teams have thought about it but aren't discussing it outside. How would he know this? Why would they tell him? What does it mean, discuss? Doc, do you want Anthony? Eh, i don't know. WOW, discussion.

:facepalm

niko
01-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Seriously think about this guys. Who had more trade value, Melo or Griffin? I honestly think it's Griffin considering his age and his potential to improve even more. Melos sort of a you get what you get kind of player.
Are your ****ing kidding? You regularly post Brook Lopez and his broken foot for all stars + picks. You can't criticize other people's trades until you have some perspective of your own.

Brook for Noah + Butler + a pick to make it even is a normal trade for you.

alenleomessi
01-04-2014, 10:50 AM
for those of you that dont watch the clippers( of course thats everyone), blake is having a GREAT season, probably even better than CP3

cos88
01-04-2014, 10:50 AM
I would rather see Melo walk away for nothing, than to have Blake in NY.

Only way I would do this is if we could flip Griffin for a first round pick.

this is why everybody makes fun of you knicks fans

NumberSix
01-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Chris Broussard is a known liar.

The JKidd Kid
01-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Are your ****ing kidding? You regularly post Brook Lopez and his broken foot for all stars + picks. You can't criticize other people's trades until you have some perspective of your own.

Brook for Noah + Butler + a pick to make it even is a normal trade for you.

Lol I never said anything like that. While Knicks fans think the clippers are going to trade a rising young star who's only improving for a ball stopping, no defense playing scorer. My Lopez trade which was Pierce, Lopez and Plumlee for Noah and Boozers contract actually made sense depending on if the Bulls wanted to rebuild.

niko
01-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Lol I never said anything like that. While Knicks fans think the clippers are going to trade a rising young star who's only improving for a ball stopping, no defense playing scorer. My Lopez trade which was Pierce, Lopez and Plumlee for Noah and Boozers contract actually made sense depending on if the Bulls wanted to rebuild.
Lopez has a broken foot. Any trade that doesn't acknowledge that is a bad trade.

People don't get why the Clippers trade here? I don't think they do, but it's because they need a more reliable second in the playoffs. Griffin isn't that yet. Melo is. It's trying to maximize Paul's time as a top player. Griffin and Jordan too, it's a bad fit.

Blue&Orange
01-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Knicks with griffin would be 2-30 now.

Genaro
01-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Melo is the better player, no dount about it. He get so much hate here because his FG% isn't high (fcking Lebron) but there's no denial he's the better player.

That being said, I acknowledge that Griffin may be seen as the better asset because he's young and is locked up for 5 years, while Melo can become a 1 year rental for the Clippers (I highly doubt though)

imdaman99
01-04-2014, 12:02 PM
What are the Knicks gonna win with Blake? He will still have JR Smith as his #2, and knowing Mike Woodson he will give JR even more responsibilities once Iso Melo is gone. Iso JR 20 times a game :rockon: It's not as if Woodson would trust Hardaway.

STATUTORY
01-04-2014, 12:04 PM
What are the Knicks gonna win with Blake? He will still have JR Smith as his #2, and knowing Mike Woodson he will give JR even more responsibilities once Iso Melo is gone. Iso JR 20 times a game :rockon: It's not as if Woodson would trust Hardaway.

JR might bounce as well if Melo leaves, those two are tied at the hips

bagelred
01-04-2014, 12:10 PM
It would basically be preparation for summer 2015. Knicks would have Blake Griffin and a whole lotta cap space.

Sell off Tyson for assets, give away JR Smith and Felton, and you are perfectly prepped for summer 2015.

D-Rose
01-04-2014, 12:36 PM
If I'm the Clipps...I say hell no. Griff is just coming into his own and will only get better. Melo will ruin the team dynamic, and there's already a primary ball handler in CP3.

iDunk
01-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Knowing the Knicks' luck, Knicks would trade for Griffin & his knee blows out.

Michael_Wilbon
01-04-2014, 01:10 PM
JR might bounce as well if Melo leaves, those two are tied at the hips

I think every Knick fan in the world would love it if JR left, but you do realize there are things called contracts right? His doesn't run out when Melo's does.

bluechox2
01-04-2014, 01:10 PM
any deal has to involve amare and or JR

The JKidd Kid
01-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Lopez has a broken foot. Any trade that doesn't acknowledge that is a bad trade.

People don't get why the Clippers trade here? I don't think they do, but it's because they need a more reliable second in the playoffs. Griffin isn't that yet. Melo is. It's trying to maximize Paul's time as a top player. Griffin and Jordan too, it's a bad fit.

I acknowledged the broken foot that's why the only trades I thought of were to teams that should be tanking this season to get a good pick. Also I completely understand the benefit of doing it right now, but I honestly think the Knicks would have to throw in a pick or take back Dudley's contract in the trade. Griffin is already a 20 10 guy and he's getting better every game. If I were the Clippers I would never do a straight up trade.

b0bab0i
01-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Blake for love straight up. Love is the better player and suits the clippers better (Deandre and Griffin just don't work due to poor FT shooting). Only reason the wolves do this is because in all likelihood love leaves after next year while like you said Grif stays for at least 5 and give the wolves marketability and draw card. Wolves won't be contenders in the next 2 years Love or no Love and this way they secure a solid future and can continue to build. Clippers get better this year and next especially once Blake cools off and are more legit contenders. Also love is more likely to stay in LA esp if they start gong to finals.
That's your only reason for them not working?

Blake's Free throw shooting has improved alot. He was 11-13 for free throws last night.
He's currently shooting from FT 70% right now.

I want Clippers to pick up Bynum when Cavs waive him

ILLsmak
01-04-2014, 07:01 PM
This is the worst trade rumor story ever. Both teams have thought about it but aren't discussing it outside. How would he know this? Why would they tell him? What does it mean, discuss? Doc, do you want Anthony? Eh, i don't know. WOW, discussion.

:facepalm

Well, it's the subject matter that makes it a big deal, even to discuss. Just like if your wife was discussing possibly having an affair. Even if she probably wouldn't do it, it's still noteworthy. Now, if nothing happened then nevermind.

-Smak (stupid phone)

SyRyanYang
01-04-2014, 07:25 PM
That's your only reason for them not working?

Blake's Free throw shooting has improved alot. He was 11-13 for free throws last night.
He's currently shooting from FT 70% right now.

I want Clippers to pick up Bynum when Cavs waive him

This.

"don't work due to poor FT shooting" is the funniest argument I've heard in a while.
Let me guess, it makes hack-a-xxx easier since you have two targets?
:oldlol:

BallsOut
01-04-2014, 07:34 PM

I wouldn't put it past the Clippers to trade Blake Griffin. Remember what happened with fan favorite Eric Gordon? They shipped him for Chris Paul. Plus with Paul going down, they might need that 1st option go to scorer now. I don't see Blake keeping them afloat for the next 3-5 weeks in the competitive Western conference.

D.J.
01-04-2014, 07:55 PM
No team with Carmelo on it is winning anything. He's a poor man's Dominique Wilkins. Dominique had to go up against Magic, Bird, and Jordan. And even then, Nique went tic for tac with Bird in a game 7. A trade like this benefits the Knicks much more. Blake will be fine as long as he has a true point guard who likes to run. The Clippers don't get any better if you swap Blake for Melo.

avonbarksdale
01-04-2014, 07:59 PM
No team with Carmelo on it is winning anything. He's a poor man's Dominique Wilkins. Dominique had to go up against Magic, Bird, and Jordan. And even then, Nique went tic for tac with Bird in a game 7. A trade like this benefits the Knicks much more. Blake will be fine as long as he has a true point guard who likes to run. The Clippers don't get any better if you swap Blake for Melo.

he won a ncaa chip... what has kd, westbrook, cp3, kevin love, george, hibbert, dwight, harden etc won?

saying no team with ______ is winning anything is such a stupid comment

D.J.
01-04-2014, 08:06 PM
he won a ncaa chip... what has kd, westbrook, cp3, kevin love, george, hibbert, dwight, harden etc won?

saying no team with ______ is winning anything is such a stupid comment

Going by your red bars, it seems your entire existence here has been nothing but stupid. Carmelo won an NCAA title, big whoop. Shaq didn't, Malone didn't, Duncan didn't, Barkley didn't.

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Clips don't have their '15 pick so my assumption is they cant trade another one til '17. Also Griffin is worth more, they wouldn't give up a first with him
if clipps want melo, yes they would. knicks would be doing the clipps a solid considering melo cant sign outright. besides, clipps would be drafting late first round..

niko
01-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Well, it's the subject matter that makes it a big deal, even to discuss. Just like if your wife was discussing possibly having an affair. Even if she probably wouldn't do it, it's still noteworthy. Now, if nothing happened then nevermind.

-Smak (stupid phone)
Why do people say "you're wife" so quickly? Because it's over the net? Would you do that in person? How does that have to do with the topic?

The rumor is stupid. if you want to discuss Melo vs. Griffin that's very interesting, but as a rumor the way it's laid out is retarded, two seperate people in each team came to Broussard at the same time that the names came up. It's not even a trade rumor, it's a rumor of people saying a name in a building.