PDA

View Full Version : is there reverse racism in the NBA?

Knicksfever2010
01-04-2014, 05:57 PM
for example if a white player lights up or dunks on a black player, does the black players teammates say, "cant believe you let a white boy do you like that"

gyu
01-04-2014, 05:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7T_Wg5ilo8

chocolatethunder
01-04-2014, 05:59 PM
for example if a white player lights up or dunks on a black player, does the black players teammates say, "cant believe you let a white boy do you like that"
Are you joking? Have you ever been to a basketball court? Yes of course that exists. It not reverse racism, it's just racism.

CavaliersFTW
01-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Do you not know what racism is OP? There's no such thing as reverse racism, you can be racist against any race and it doesn't matter what race you are. It's all just called racism :oldlol:

Go Getter
01-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Racism is systemic. Blacks cannot prevent whites from getting jobs or going to good schools....blacks do not make decisions on whether or not white people go to jail or get loans....

Read a book brother.

And Larry Bird used to get mad when white players guarded him....true story...I guess he was a self-loathing racist:facepalm

Bandito
01-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Isn't reverse racism actually fairness?

CavaliersFTW
01-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Isn't reverse racism actually fairness?
Actually yes you would be correct, reverse racism is fairness and equality regardless of race. OP fails :oldlol:

DStebb716
01-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Reverse racism isn't a thing. Racism is racism. Reverse racism is a thing that white people made up because they feel like they're too good to face basic racism.

Yes, I'm white.

Leftimage
01-04-2014, 06:09 PM

I highly doubt an NBA player would evey say such a thing on the court. Should a player get caught saying so on live TV, I would expect disciplinary action on the part of the league for racial inlammatory speech or wtv.

As far as actual policies go, no, there are no instances of reverse racism - not that I know of. Teams may discriminate against whites for image-related reasons I suppose. I don't really see this happening with players though.

MAYBE some white coaches would benefit from their skin color changing to black but even there I'm skeptical.

MavsSuperFan
01-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Racism is systemic. Blacks cannot prevent whites from getting jobs or going to good schools....blacks do not make decisions on whether or not white people go to jail or get loans....

Read a book brother.

And Larry Bird used to get mad when white players guarded him....true story...I guess he was a self-loathing racist:facepalm

racism is only treating people different based on race. The ability to negatively affect other races is not necessary for racism to exist. Its entirely possible for black people to be racist against white people.

If you think other races are inferior and/or your race is superior and/or you give preferential treatment to your own race you are a racist.

If you think your race is:

smarter, more innovative, more athletic, more family oriented, less selfish, more giving, more musically talented, more intelligent, more organized, less violent, more successful, or in any other way superior because of their race.

you are at least slightly racist.

Now there are varying levels of racism of course.

Blacks cannot prevent whites from getting jobs or going to good schools
There are black people in HR departments hiring people and in admissions departments of schools

blacks do not make decisions on whether or not white people go to jail or get loans
There are black judges and black loan managers.

hawkfan
01-04-2014, 06:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpMLiUTflhU

cos88
01-04-2014, 06:18 PM
lol.wut?

Eric Cartman
01-04-2014, 06:22 PM
OP is a Knicks fan.

flipogb
01-04-2014, 06:34 PM
OP's definition

reverse racismn = black people dishing out the racism instead of the usual receiving of it

moe94
01-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Reverse racism is the worst term of all time.

Budadiiii
01-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Only white people use the term.

Are you using reverse racism against us whites?

fragokota
01-04-2014, 06:43 PM
reverse racism :lol :lol :lol

Bandito
01-04-2014, 06:43 PM
That is actually used in real life? Who in the what?

MavsSuperFan
01-04-2014, 06:50 PM
That is actually used in real life? Who in the what?
people have used it to describe racism against white people. Historically white people have been in a superior position globally for about the last 500 years. (Since the innovation of the gun to make it more usable, guns were invented quite a bit earlier but they were so slow to load and inaccurate they were useless)

So that usually racism was white people against others.

Eg. Some white people complain about affirmative action, creating different minimum qualifications or crimes against white people and call it reverse racism.

fragokota
01-04-2014, 06:58 PM
people have used it to describe racism against white people. Historically white people have been in a superior position globally for about the last 500 years. (Since the innovation of the gun to make it more usable, guns were invented quite a bit earlier but they were so slow to load and inaccurate they were useless)

Eg. Some white people complain about affirmative action, creating different minimum qualifications or crimes against white people and call it reverse racism.

lol it's so much more than that...when was the last time they weren't? Starting back from Ancient Greeks,Romans etc...

moe94
01-04-2014, 07:01 PM
lol it's so much more than that...when was the last time they weren't? Starting back from Ancient Greeks,Romans etc...

Middle East and the Orient owned that white man ass. Are you kidding me?

CeltsGarlic
01-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Lol OP actually looks so racist with his post :lol

Bandito
01-04-2014, 07:02 PM

Oh I see. I never heard of that term. But by definition it is still wrongly used though.

moe94
01-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Oh I see. I never heard of that term. But by definition it is still wrongly used though.

It's used as much as "white guilt", although it's usually more sarcastic.

fragokota
01-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Middle East and the Orient owned that white man ass. Are you kidding me?

Ancients Persians, Arabs and Mongolians(i'm excluding chinese cause throughout their history they were pretty much isolated from the rest of the world) are the only who did it for a period of time,but other than that it was Europeans/white who dominated the largest part of written human history

Bandito
01-04-2014, 07:10 PM
It's used as much as "white guilt", although it's usually more sarcastic.
Where I am from racism wasn't as bad as in the States. Plus we don't speak English where I am from, so no I am not a native speaker, so I didn't know about the term reverse racism or white guilt.:D

MavsSuperFan
01-04-2014, 07:11 PM
:lol white people were dominated by ottomans for long periods of time.

You know how in the game of thrones TV show the westerosi was so afraid of the dothraki?

That was based on european fears of the mongols and the turks.

The arab slave trade had many white slaves.

the are many muslims of eastern european descent nowadays. a relic of their forefathers choosing conversion rather than death.

significant parts of southern europe was conquered by the Islamic Umayyad Caliphate.

The eastern roman empire falling to the Seljuq turks. Why its called istanbul and not constantinople.
They basically conquered our greatest city :lol

All of the crusades that ended in failure. (eg. its still istanbul and not constantinople).

Mr. Jabbar
01-04-2014, 07:12 PM
you know whats racist, lebron uses black magic cause black magic causes harm, white magic is good, he also uses black magic cause hes black

Vienceslav
01-04-2014, 07:13 PM
:lol white people were dominated by ottomans for long periods of time.

You know how in the game of thrones TV show the westerosi was so afraid of the dothraki?

That was based on european fears of the mongols and the turks.

The arab slave trade had many white slaves.

the are many muslims of eastern european descent nowadays. a relic of their forefathers choosing conversion rather than death.
ISH discussing history.:roll:

Trollsmasher
01-04-2014, 07:13 PM
reminds me of the positive racism media over here use

moe94
01-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Where I am from racism wasn't as bad as in the States. Plus we don't speak English where I am from, so no I am not a native speaker, so I didn't know about the term reverse racism or white guilt.:D

People say this as if the US isn't among the nicest countries in terms of racism. Almost everywhere else is much much more racist. :roll:

Mr. Jabbar
01-04-2014, 07:16 PM
other notable example of reverse racism:

a white guy and a black guy are ordering at a restaurant, the black guy is asked first what will his order be, black guy gets mad cause he thinks they're giving him priority so he won't think they're racists

moe94
01-04-2014, 07:17 PM
other notable example of reverse racism:

a white guy and a black guy are ordering at a restaurant, the black guy is asked first what will his order be, black guy gets mad cause he thinks they're giving him priority so he won't think they're racists

You're reaching. Who's that paranoid?

Mr. Jabbar
01-04-2014, 07:19 PM
You're reaching. Who's that paranoid?

watch this flick for tons of reverse racism jokes

http://www.yee.ch/movies/A/AN/animal/the-animal-10.jpg

Vienceslav
01-04-2014, 07:20 PM
watch this flick for tons of reverse racism jokes

http://www.yee.ch/movies/A/AN/animal/the-animal-10.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqLUbmpuVw4

Bandito
01-04-2014, 07:21 PM
People say this as if the US isn't among the nicest countries in terms of racism. Almost everywhere else is much much more racist. :roll:
Didn't US had a bathroom for black people and another for white people? Didn't black people had to sit in the back of the bus in the beginning of last century? I never heard of that happening in PR cuz. Right now, when I was living in the US I saw a lot of racism from the white people, and there is a serious division between races and colors. I never saw that in PR. I actually learn a lot over there.

moe94
01-04-2014, 07:22 PM
You're talking as if it's 1920. Slow down.

fragokota
01-04-2014, 07:29 PM

Racists exist everywhere.The difference between USA and Europe let's say is that "minorities" don't feel the distinction to the degree they do in the states,simply because they are not multi-ethnic to the huge extent that us is...USA are unique in that respect cause they were like that since 1776...Asian,African,European countries do not have this ethnic diversity us has...

MavsSuperFan
01-04-2014, 07:33 PM
ISH discussing history.:roll:
:lol
Whats inaccurate though?

People who think europeans have always been dominant are ignorant of world history.

European dominance was largely based on innovations that made firearms more usable in battle. Before that arabs crushed us (generally speaking).

MavsSuperFan
01-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Racists exist everywhere.The difference between USA and Europe let's say is that "minorities" don't feel the distinction to the degree they do in the states,simply because they are not multi-ethnic to the huge extent that us is...USA are unique in that respect cause they were like that since 1776...Asian,African,European countries do not have this ethnic diversity us has...
I would disagree with that.

Take france, or sweden for example.

They have not integrated their arab/islamic populations very well.

In america at least we all for the most part see ourselves as american.

SyRyanYang
01-04-2014, 07:41 PM
This thread has some great potential:lol

my 2

no pun intended
01-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Y'all need to watch this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw_mRaIHb-M

Mr. Jabbar
01-04-2014, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=SyRyanYang]This thread has some great potential:lol

my 2

moe94
01-04-2014, 07:44 PM
lol i wonder how reverse racism jokes work for jews then, "how do you spot a non-jew at a restaurant?, they tip" jokes on the teller :facepalm
:oldlol:

fragokota
01-04-2014, 07:45 PM
I would disagree with that.

Take france, or sweden for example.

They have not integrated their arab/islamic populations very well.

In america at least we all for the most part see ourselves as american.

Agreed, that's because they are not multicultural to the degree u.s is.I didn't expess well what i wanted to say cause english is not my mother tongue.I was referring to percentage of people that face discriminations is smaller cause there are actually less minorities in total numbers

Element
01-04-2014, 08:24 PM
weak era for racists

Eric Cartman
01-04-2014, 09:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqLUbmpuVw4

^ better than anything tyler perry has done

moe94
01-04-2014, 09:13 PM
^ better than anything tyler perry has done

If I cut open a hippo Empire Strikes Back style and took a shit inside its belly, closed it up and left it to rot in the hot sun for 3 days and then filmed the entire process, the film I can make from that would be better than anything Tyler Perry has done. :coleman: