PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Bennett cant even set a screen properly

blood yes
01-05-2014, 07:43 PM
:lol :lol

Watching the game, jeez, bennett is terrible at setting the simplest of screens, got called for a foul.

Imagine if the cavs picked Michael Carter Williams

A MCW-Kyrie Duo would be insane, and irving could focus on scoring while mcw handles the playmaking

MP.Trey
01-05-2014, 07:46 PM
DID YOU SEE THAT PUTBACK DOE!? Bennett :bowdown:

blood yes
01-05-2014, 07:48 PM
DID YOU SEE THAT PUTBACK DOE!? Bennett :bowdown:
lmao, my friend could do that easy and he plays D2 ball atm, hes only 6'5 too

But imagine a MCW-Kyrie lineup. MCW is tall enough to guard the 2, so they could both start, with kyrie playing like a shooting guard

Fudge
01-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Cool story bro, tell it again?

blood yes
01-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Dead serious, look him up. Peeta Sobszynski

Meticode
01-05-2014, 07:56 PM
So many threads about this motherf*cker. People on his **** mad though.

fiddy
01-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Dead serious, look him up. Peeta Sobszynski

Your search - "Peeta Sobszynski" - did not match any documents.
:confusedshrug:

blood yes
01-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Idk why you try to support bennett...

Question, are YOU anthony bennett?
Atleast with Darko Milicic, he showed he was a decent defensive player.

Bennett cant do shit. His ceiling really is a 10-4 player, tho its more likely hes out of the league in 4 years

BallsOut
01-05-2014, 07:59 PM

Since when was Bennett a motherf*cker? First Delonte West, then Andrew Bynum, now Bennett? :wtf: There are actually milfs in Cleveland?

TheMarkMadsen
01-05-2014, 08:19 PM
:confusedshrug:

he meant the phone book

Meticode
01-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Idk why you try to support bennett...

Question, are YOU anthony bennett?
Atleast with Darko Milicic, he showed he was a decent defensive player.

Bennett cant do shit. His ceiling really is a 10-4 player, tho its more likely hes out of the league in 4 years
Ive never supported Bennett. I was against the pick once they annouced it. Even if he turned into a decent player I don't under the logic of selecting a player who is clearly a PF when we already have a PF who is going to be starting. I should've been Porter Jr. or Noel.

What bothers me is all the threads made about a player who has played next to nothing and hasn't shown any great play so far in the season.

abuC
01-05-2014, 08:46 PM
What bothers me is all the threads made about a player who has played next to nothing and hasn't shown any great play so far in the season.

In all fairness he's not just any other player though, this is the first pick in the draft and it's pretty much unprecedented for a #1 to play this poorly.

coin24
01-05-2014, 08:51 PM
To be fair, apart fom MCW who else from this years draft has done anything??
I would have went with Noel.

Bennett needs minutes and a non retarded coach. No one on that roster is going to develop in the current situation...

Meticode
01-05-2014, 09:07 PM
In all fairness he's not just any other player though, this is the first pick in the draft and it's pretty much unprecedented for a #1 to play this poorly.
In all fairness the draft was shitty, there was no clear cut star player in this draft.

Olly has played well, but not as great as most would've though. MCW has played probably the best out of all the rookies, but 17/7 on 40% shooting isn't blowing my mind either. Those are Brandon Jennings numbers his first years in the league.

blood yes
01-05-2014, 09:20 PM
In all fairness the draft was shitty, there was no clear cut star player in this draft.

Olly has played well, but not as great as most would've though. MCW has played probably the best out of all the rookies, but 17/7 on 40% shooting isn't blowing my mind either. Those are Brandon Jennings numbers his first years in the league.
MCW doesnt blow yourmind? He and magic are the only players to average 17/7/5 in their rookie years.

Biggest thing your missing tho

THREE STEALS A GAME. Thats more than cp3 ever averaged.

In fact, MCW leads the league insteals

In terms of pure stats, MCW is up there with Blake Griffin and LeBron James as the best rookies of the decade.

Also, the 76ers are a .500 team with MCW, 1-10 when hes injured

His impact on the floor is rediculous, he was SHUTTING OUT Lillard yesterday, major reason why the 6ers beat the BLAZERS on the ROAD with that shitty ass roster. MCW as a rookie>Kyrie as a rookie. That much is clear. MCW has incredible defensive potential, 24/11/6/4.5 is not out of the question in his prime
Just cause he isnt getting hype doesnt mean hes bad, MCW is one ofthe better rookies ive seen, that includes Tyreke, Kyrie, Drose, and KD.

blood yes
01-05-2014, 09:34 PM
:pimp:

FreezingTsmoove
01-05-2014, 09:38 PM

But imagine a MCW-Kyrie lineup. MCW is tall enough to guard the 2, so they could both start, with kyrie playing like a shooting guard

holy shit bro thats insane! Where is he being mocked at this years draft???????

Meticode
01-05-2014, 09:39 PM
MCW doesnt blow yourmind? He and magic are the only players to average 17/7/5 in their rookie years.

One thing on this, we're not even halfway through the damn season. He's not averaged anything yet until the season is done.

No he's not blown my mind. Like I said, he's played the best out of all the rookies drafted this year. He's the clear cut rookie of the year for me, but not "OMG MY MIND IS BLOWN" type of player.

FreezingTsmoove
01-05-2014, 09:39 PM
One thing on this, we're not even halfway through the damn season. He's not averaged anything yet until the season is done.

No he's not blow my mind. Like I said, he's played the best out of all the rookies drafted this year. He's the clear cut rookie of the year for me, but not "OMG MY MIND IS BLOWN" type of player.

kind of like Gunz

blood yes
01-05-2014, 09:40 PM

No he's not blow my mind. Like I said, he's played the best out of all the rookies drafted this year. He's the clear cut rookie of the year for me, but not "OMG MY MIND IS BLOWN" type of player.
Did you bother reading the rest of the things I wrote? You glance over that, and yet say he doesnt blow your mind. If this guy doesnt blow your mind, than no rookie must have ever blown your mind except maybe wilt

KyrieTheFuture
01-05-2014, 09:42 PM

In terms of pure stats, MCW is up there with Blake Griffin and LeBron James as the best rookies of the decade.

His impact on the floor is rediculous, he was SHUTTING OUT Lillard yesterday, major reason why the 6ers beat the BLAZERS on the ROAD with that shitty ass roster. MCW as a rookie>Kyrie as a rookie. That much is clear. MCW has incredible defensive potential, 24/11/6/4.5 is not out of the question in his prime
Just cause he isnt getting hype doesnt mean hes bad, MCW is one ofthe better rookies ive seen, that includes Tyreke, Kyrie, Drose, and KD.

No one thought MCW was going to be any good, and you think he'll avergae 4.5 steals a game? How retarded are you?

Meticode
01-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Did you bother reading the rest of the things I wrote? You glance over that, and yet say he doesnt blow your mind. If this guy doesnt blow your mind, than no rookie must have ever blown your mind except maybe wilt
I read over everything. He's played really well and the best out of all the rookies. I'm pretty sure no one thought he'd be doing this well even for a prime of his career.

I'm not typing capital letters trying to get my agenda across like you.

Mr. Incredible
He'll be alright.

blood yes
No one thought MCW was going to be any good, and you think he'll avergae 4.5 steals a game? How retarded are you?
Meant 3.5, and your sentence makes absolutely no sense. Im guessing either english isnt your naitve language, or you're just a ****ing dumbass:lol

RedBlackAttack
01-05-2014, 09:44 PM
*then

And, MCW has been the best rookie of this crop, but...

:roll:

Meticode
01-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Meant 3.5, and your sentence makes absolutely no sense. Im guessing either english isnt your naitve language, or you're just a ****ing dumbass:lol
Great comeback, personally attacking posters. :applause: Way to put the ball back in their court.

blood yes
01-05-2014, 09:45 PM
I read over everything. He's played really well and the best out of all the rookies. I'm pretty sure no one thought he'd be doing this well even for a prime of his career.

I'm not typing capital letters trying to get my agenda across like you.
Im guessing lebron's rookie year didnt blow your mind, neither did shaq's, or ghill's, or iverson's or magics or birds or jordans?

This type of rookie year is something worth slurping for

And that first performance against the heat, while that was clearly more of a fluke/luck game, will be considered legendary in 50 years time.

22/12/7/NINE STEALS

blood yes
01-05-2014, 09:46 PM
*then

And, MCW has been the best rookie of this crop, but...

:roll:
Whats so funny? and you know what i meant by decade, meant from 2000 onwards

knickballer
01-05-2014, 09:47 PM
The GOAT bust

RedBlackAttack
01-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Whats so funny? and you know what i meant by decade, meant from 2000 onwards
Your post was funny. And, you compared him to Wilt. I wasn't aware he played from 2000 onward.

MCW is a nice looking player, but you're taking it to a ridiculous extreme. He's shooting 40% from the field and his assist/turnover ratio is hardly "legendary."

KyrieTheFuture
01-05-2014, 09:50 PM

The only mistake in my post was misspelling average on accident. Please don't mock someones English with a post containing several grammar and spelling mistakes. It makes you look even worse than your current ramblings do.

Oh and check his Assist/TO ratio

hateraid
01-05-2014, 09:54 PM

The thought that MCW should hvae gone first is absurd. Hindsight is 20/20. Having said that any team before the Sixers picked him would have benefitted.

RedBlackAttack
01-05-2014, 09:57 PM
The thought that MCW should hvae gone first is absurd. Hindsight is 20/20. Having said that any team before the Sixers picked him would have benefitted.
He's been the best player in the draft so far by a pretty wide margin. Then again, this has been a historically awful draft class thus far. That extends way beyond just Bennett.

Even the supposed "safe" pick in Oladipo is no longer starting and has been really struggling. It may come to pass that the Sixers get the best two players from this draft and a pick this year for Jrue Holiday. Yikes, that's a fleecing.

blood yes
01-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Your post was funny. And, you compared him to Wilt. I wasn't aware he played from 2000 onward.

MCW is a nice looking player, but you're taking it to a ridiculous extreme. He's shooting 40% from the field and his assist/turnover ratio is hardly "legendary."
22/12/7/9
27/12/10/3
21/13/7
26/10/4/3
27/6/6/4

Those are just a sample of the many incredible games he played, off the top of my head (go check em if im right, i know i am)

This guy is THAT good. The only reason why ESPN isnt freaking the **** out bout this guy is cause he plays in Philly.

He is legitimate, the 76ers look AMAZING when he plays, and i assume you know just how big impact is in a bball game considering the fact that I actually consider you as someone who is knowledgeable about basketball, going back to the 2007 playoff thread with lebron and the pistons.

MCW is legit, he can average 24/11/7/3.5 in his prime, easy. He is big, yet is incredibly quick. He is what Shaun Livingston should have been, except MCW plays 40x better defense. YOu are seriously underrating MCW, best rookie since Blake Griffin in terms of stats, and best rookie since Bron in terms of impact.

RedBlackAttack
01-05-2014, 10:13 PM
22/12/7/9
27/12/10/3
21/13/7
26/10/4/3
27/6/6/4

Those are just a sample of the many incredible games he played, off the top of my head (go check em if im right, i know i am)

This guy is THAT good. The only reason why ESPN isnt freaking the **** out bout this guy is cause he plays in Philly.

He is legitimate, the 76ers look AMAZING when he plays, and i assume you know just how big impact is in a bball game considering the fact that I actually consider you as someone who is knowledgeable about basketball, going back to the 2007 playoff thread with lebron and the pistons.

MCW is legit, he can average 24/11/7/3.5 in his prime, easy. He is big, yet is incredibly quick. He is what Shaun Livingston should have been, except MCW plays 40x better defense. YOu are seriously underrating MCW, best rookie since Blake Griffin in terms of stats, and best rookie since Bron in terms of impact.
Ok.

Believe what you will, but saying he's the best rookie since LeBron James is hyperbole, imo. Way, way over the top.

The Sixers aren't very good with or without him.

blood yes
01-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Ok.

Believe what you will, but saying he's the best rookie since LeBron James is hyperbole, imo. Way, way over the top.

:biggums: :wtf: :rolleyes:

The 76ers play very well with him, look at their last 4 games? In fact, the 76ers are 1-10 when he doesnt play, 11-11 when he does

And lets not forget the 76ers were tanking during the middle of december, and only recently are starting to realize they had the pelican's lottery pick.

The 76ers actually play really good with MCW,I honestly think you're not caught up in the conversation were discussing. Please research more about this topic, then catch up to me:pimp:

hateraid
01-05-2014, 10:39 PM
He's been the best player in the draft so far by a pretty wide margin. Then again, this has been a historically awful draft class thus far. That extends way beyond just Bennett.

Even the supposed "safe" pick in Oladipo is no longer starting and has been really struggling. It may come to pass that the Sixers get the best two players from this draft and a pick this year for Jrue Holiday. Yikes, that's a fleecing.

I agree he's the best player in the draft, but the "shoulda picked him" scenario is way off. Its like saying we shoulda drafted Kobe. Yeah, everyone would have liked to have drafted him in hindsight

RedBlackAttack
01-05-2014, 10:42 PM
:biggums: :wtf: :rolleyes:

The 76ers play very well with him, look at their last 4 games? In fact, the 76ers are 1-10 when he doesnt play, 11-11 when he does

And lets not forget the 76ers were tanking during the middle of december, and only recently are starting to realize they had the pelican's lottery pick.

The 76ers actually play really good with MCW,I honestly think you're not caught up in the conversation were discussing. Please research more about this topic, then catch up to me:pimp:
I've watched MCW play several times this season. He's simply not the player you're making him out to be. And, I really like him too. But, you're way over the top.

It doesn't really even matter, because the whole idea of this thread was ridiculous. MCW was never in the running for the No. 1 pick regardless of who had it. That's not debatable.

You can go through every draft every year and pick out guys that were taken down the board and laugh at the teams at the top who didn't grab them, but that is really just playing revisionist history than trying to have a logical conversation.

Irving is the Cavs' franchise player going forward. He is a point guard who needs the ball in his hands. While MCW has a different kind of game, he still has a 25+% usage rate, which isn't all that low for a rookie.

He likes to have the ball in his hands, as should be the case with a PG. But, for the Cavs to take him No. 1? With two high usage guards already on the roster?

I'll also throw this out... MCW is 22, which matters when evaluating rookie seasons. You would expect an older guy who spent multiple years in college to come out a little more well rounded than a teenager, as was the case with highly picked PGs of the past like Irving and Wall. Same thing goes for Lillard.

Both MCW and Lillard are older than Irving or Waiters.

So, the whole premise of the thread is off, imo. You can heckle us for getting Bennett and, although I still think he could turn out to be a nice piece, I understand why that's a part of it.

But, bringing up MCW as the guy who should have been taken No. 1 is beyond revisionist history.

SilkkTheShocker
01-05-2014, 11:16 PM

You bring absolutely nothing to this board.

VIntageNOvel
01-05-2014, 11:24 PM
am i the only one who still see something from bennett?
but yeah MCW is a steal of the draft

KyrieTheFuture
01-05-2014, 11:32 PM
At some point it will be the best idea to just play him for 30 minutes. He's either going to figure it out, or he's not. It's not like we have players who are drastically better than him. Playing him for 5 minutes and yanking him after a mistake is a horrible way to get his confidence back. That's what it is, the dude is scared. Can't say I blame him.

VIntageNOvel
01-05-2014, 11:38 PM
At some point it will be the best idea to just play him for 30 minutes. He's either going to figure it out, or he's not. It's not like we have players who are drastically better than him. Playing him for 5 minutes and yanking him after a mistake is a horrible way to get his confidence back. That's what it is, the dude is scared. Can't say I blame him.

i think the problem isn't potential or confidence,
im more worried about his attittude , he's kinda like bynum,
he doesnt give a ****, and he is not working hard,
just like cousin, bynum had been a heacache for lakers
the difference is cousin want to win at any cost
and bennett is more bynumlike, he just take it for granted

lpublic_enemyl
01-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Cleveland is in limbo, Bennett's value is shot, they can't win games, Bynum is a big disappointment on and off the court...

WeGetRing2012
01-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Mike Brown sucks at developing players & getting the best from them so...

coin24
01-05-2014, 11:42 PM

That point should be now. Play the guy.

IGOTGAME
01-06-2014, 12:00 AM
Ok.

Poor mans Dante Exum already got stans.

RedBlackAttack
01-06-2014, 01:05 AM
He's becoming more productive in his VERY limited minutes. He still lacks confidence, but he is getting in better shape and seems to be acclimating to the speed of the game.

I still feel he'll be a solid piece down the road. Mike Brown isn't doing him any favors by pulling him after every tiny mistake. I do think it was a good idea to sit him for awhile after his historically bad start, but it seems like he's getting to the point where he should be seeing more minutes.

He had 6 points and 3 rebounds in 12 minutes or whatever tonight... that's not a bad return against arguably the best defensive and rebounding team in the league. Let the kid play.

TheCorporation
01-06-2014, 02:17 AM
To be fair, apart fom MCW who else from this years draft has done anything??
I would have went with Noel.

Bennett needs minutes and a non retarded coach. No one on that roster is going to develop in the current situation...

Oladipo is 13-4-4 with 1.5 spg and is the only other guy even worth mentioning.

Don't even bother looking up Porter, Zeller, Olynyk, or Bennett :lol

redboy
01-06-2014, 03:28 AM
for all the crap bennett is getting porter's stats might be even worse than bennett's. i know that porter had to deal with an injury early on, but bennett also had injury problems/conditioning problems. that being said, i think both porter and bennett will be fine.

a rookie doesn't need to be extremely successful his first season to become a successful player. we've seen guys like gp and billups that struggled early on but figured it within a few years.

coaches will often proven veterans over rookies no matter how talented the rookie. porter is struggling with webster and ariza while bennett is struggling with varejao and thompson for minutes.

NuggetsFan
01-06-2014, 03:52 AM
Bennett is garbage. I've only see him a few times but every single time came away thinking how the hell that guy went 1st. If he score 10 points it's an accomplishment. Cleveland is pretty awful too so kind of confusing how he can't play himself into the rotation. What's he averaging like 3 points on below 35% shooting? I didn't see the game tonight but 6 points and 3 rebounds has became a pat on the back? with 3 turnovers to go along with it :oldlol:

I don't know the ins and outs of the Cavs tho so maybe coaching/FO is just setting him up to fail. Have a hard time believing that considering he just went 1st overall tho, who the hell does that to a player from the get go? So guess shouldn't be so critical after a few viewings but thats a rough rookie year for a 1st overall.

MCW is legit too. Crazy how much he helps the Sixers win games as a rookie. Usually you see the numbers and the impact comes later but seems like he's derailing the Sixers tank job quite abit :lol

Collie
01-06-2014, 04:21 AM
What do people expect from Bennett once he "gets" it? Big Baby 2.0? Marcus Fizer? Blake Griffin lite?

B-Easy8
01-06-2014, 08:08 AM
He is good he is just being wasted in Cleveland.

They don't win games and they won't play their top pick. Really are a horrendous franchise.

Gee and Clark are awful whilst TT is very average (ill get bashed for that one).

EricGordon23
01-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Oladipo is 13-4-4 with 1.5 spg and is the only other guy even worth mentioning.

Don't even bother looking up Porter, Zeller, Olynyk, or Bennett :lol

When Rondo comes back though Olynyk will be putting up solid stats in that pick and pop

bagelred
01-06-2014, 09:22 AM
It's still very early...only been about half a season, but this draft class has just looked unbelievably bad...is anyone from this draft going to be a legit franchise player?

EricGordon23
01-06-2014, 09:27 AM
It's still very early...only been about half a season, but this draft class has just looked unbelievably bad...is anyone from this draft going to be a legit franchise player?

Maybe not 1 franchise player But Noel and MCW together might turn a franchise around. We just gotta wait and see the two play together and see what the sixers got between the two.

Bennet will be a better Draymond green in his prime

Cermet
01-06-2014, 11:06 AM
They should send him to the D league and give him 30 mins per game and see just how bad he sucks.

Go Getter
01-06-2014, 11:45 AM

You're pathetic you know that right?

JtotheIzzo
01-06-2014, 12:14 PM
As I have said many times, Bennett is too good to be this bad. He really missed out not working out in the summer, playing summer league and getting in shape for the season. he is also hurt because of the log jam at the 4 in Cleveland. He is outmatched at the 3 right now and it is exasperating the problem.

As a rookie he should be the first forward off the bench and playing 20-25 minutes a night. Going in for spot duty at the 3 and being forced to create in a situation where he will get yanked for any mistake is not a pleasurable one.

MCW is really doing well, but lets not kid ourselves he was handed the keys to the car from day one because management had tanking on their mind. he has stepped up to the challenge though, I think if Bennett had a situation like this (being handed a starting role and minutes) he's be in a much much better situation.

DukeDelonte13
01-06-2014, 12:19 PM
He's becoming more productive in his VERY limited minutes. He still lacks confidence, but he is getting in better shape and seems to be acclimating to the speed of the game.

I still feel he'll be a solid piece down the road. Mike Brown isn't doing him any favors by pulling him after every tiny mistake. I do think it was a good idea to sit him for awhile after his historically bad start, but it seems like he's getting to the point where he should be seeing more minutes.

He had 6 points and 3 rebounds in 12 minutes or whatever tonight... that's not a bad return against arguably the best defensive and rebounding team in the league. Let the kid play.

i disagree with the bolded, otherwise I agree. Mike Brown usually lets AB make several mistakes before he yanks him. Yesterday AB had a couple of offensive fouls and rotated too late a couple of times which resulted in a few easy buckets for the pacers.

But he's starting to get it. Anybody who watches him day in and day can see the difference of where he is now versus where he was at the start of the season. He'll probably be fine.

Da KO King
01-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Anthony Bennett will never succeed with that coaching staff and the players around him. Cleveland should simply trade the guy now and get something for him because he's never going to increase his value in that environment.

DukeDelonte13
01-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Anthony Bennett will never succeed with that coaching staff and the players around him. Cleveland should simply trade the guy now and get something for him because he's never going to increase his value in that environment.

No, its not anthony bennett's fault that he came in fat and out of shape as f*ck, it's not AB's fault that he isn't better than Tristan Thompson, it's not his fault he plays scared as sh*t out there, it's cleveland's developmental staff's fault. Brilliant analysis. :applause:

when in doubt, blame the coaching.

If Cle's staff can do what they did with Thompson to AB he'll be fine.

Da KO King
01-06-2014, 01:12 PM
No, its not anthony bennett's fault that he came in fat and out of shape as f*ck, it's not AB's fault that he isn't better than Tristan Thompson, it's not his fault he plays scared as sh*t out there, it's cleveland's developmental staff's fault. Brilliant analysis. :applause:

when in doubt, blame the coaching.

If Cle's staff can do what they did with Thompson to AB he'll be fine.
Now point out where I said NONE of Bennett's struggles are of his own making and you'll have actually made a point.

hawksdogsbraves
01-06-2014, 02:45 PM
He is good he is just being wasted in Cleveland.

They don't win games and they won't play their top pick. Really are a horrendous franchise.

Gee and Clark are awful whilst TT is very average (ill get bashed for that one).

By who? Dude averages 11/10 on 45% shooting while racking up an incredible .4 blocks per game. It's his third year in the league and he isn't showing marked improvement in any phase of the game, fair to say he's very average, (at best).