PDA

View Full Version : Who can shave with a straight razor?

Tarik One
01-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Is it easy to do or does it take a considerable amount of craftsmanship or barbery skills?

I'm tired of using trimmers all the time. It gets irritating.

Draz
01-05-2014, 11:07 PM
I wish. If I could of I would of shaped myself up. Lol.

ballup
01-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Do you mean the ones that look like a long switch blade? Any shaving tool just needs experience and proper setup to be used well enough.

chosen_one6
01-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Is it easy to do or does it take a considerable amount of craftsmanship or barbery skills?

I'm tired of using trimmers all the time. It gets irritating.

I use one.

At first it's difficult because it is very easy to cut yourself and it's difficult to get those straight lines without a good eye. Also doing curves can be a little tough.

However, once you get it down your shit comes out looking fresh as fcuk. It gets the hair cut down lower than any razor or trimmer would. You have a lot more control with it and you don't get many razor bumps. I would still make use of an aftershave though.

Ever since I switched to a straight razor I get compliments on my line up and beard a lot.

miller-time
01-05-2014, 11:28 PM
No I mastered the safety razor lol.

Seriously though I can get the closest shave with one now. I shave in the shower with no mirror or cream (just constant running hot water), I know every move I need to make with it.

ballup
01-05-2014, 11:44 PM
No I mastered the safety razor lol.

Seriously though I can get the closest shave with one now. I shave in the shower with no mirror or cream (just constant running hot water), I know every move I need to make with it.
Safety razor has been my shaving tool for a year now. I shave right after I shower, but I do use shaving soap. I'll miss a spot or two, but they can only be noticed if you run your fingers over those spots.

Solidape
01-06-2014, 06:08 AM
Don't use a straight razor, but do use the safety razor with those flat blades like your grandpa used. Ever since Gillette and shick decided that it's ok to rip off dudes with expensive blades, said F it and got some Ye Olde Tyme shaving equipment and haven't bought refills since I ordered $25 worth of those flat Feather blades 2 years ago.

For dudes using Gillette, remember that you are being ripped off, google for better and cheaper alternatives.

tmacattack33
01-06-2014, 03:10 PM
What do you mean a straight razor?

Let's get some pics.

Twin Beadles
01-06-2014, 05:47 PM
yo dudes do you need a razor to get your hair like Mac in this pic or can you do it with just clippers.

http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/80/0/bb/1/ffffff/8c55f2b6d1d052be7b675ce5ac8bdd86/images_/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/MUSIC/2014/01/most-anticipated-albums-2014/rmydh_mac_805923.jpg

TheReal Kendall
01-06-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm black and I use clippers/edgers to shave.

I've seen a lot of people use razors and they have a shit ton of bumps.