PDA

View Full Version : Bulls plan to trade Deng and Amnesty Boozer

DuMa
01-06-2014, 07:24 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24400366/report-bulls-plan-to-trade-deng-use-amnesty-provision-on-boozer

The Bulls' game-plan for the immediate future is coming into focus. League sources with knowledge of Chicago's plans say that they'll definitely be looking to deal Luol Deng before the Feb. 20 trading deadline. Deng is a free agent this summer and the Bulls don't want to pay him anything close to top dollar. The second part of their house-cleaning: They intend on using their amnesty move this coming summer to part ways with Carlos Boozer. Boozer is scheduled to make $16.8 million next season. As we reported earlier, Derrick Rose has caught wind of the plans and is none too thrilled about being part of a rebuilding project. Tom Thibodeau won't be very happy with it, either

AMNESTY someone 2 years too ****ing late.

hawkfan
01-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Wasn't last summer the deadline for amnestying players?

longtime lurker
01-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Why would the Bulls do amnesty Boozer? He only has one year left. They could trade Boozer and picks for Gasol and save their amnesty for another player.

outbreak
01-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Didn't Derrick Rose say he would be upset if they alter the roster while he's injured? When's Rose's contract up? This move is too late though, they've turned down many good offers for Deng in the past and now they will be making a move that won't even get them contending.

Pushxx
01-06-2014, 07:28 PM
There is pretty much nothing credible here. These are just some justifiable predictions that supposedly have "league sources" cited to them.

Most of the media in this country is a joke to the standards of journalism.

Black and White
01-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Melo?

wakencdukest
Let me guess, Boozer runs to Miami for minimum.

DuMa
Why would the Bulls do amnesty Boozer? He only has one year left. They could trade Boozer and picks for Gasol and save their amnesty for another player.

There is no use saving Amnesty provision for another player. the only 2 players left in the NBA that can be amnestied is Perkins and Boozer.

coin24
01-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Cheap owner being cheap:oldlol:

This is all about 2 years too late. Did thibs get a new contract?
If not he should GTFO of there..

BlackWhiteGreen
01-06-2014, 07:30 PM
There is no use saving Amnesty provision for another player. the only 2 players left in the NBA that can be amnestied is Perkins and Boozer.

I believe Rondo can be amnestied, not that he will be

Black and White
01-06-2014, 07:31 PM

No I don't think he will, he should go back west, sign with the Thunder or Rockets

All Net
01-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Rose asks for trade if this happens.

imdaman99
01-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Didn't Derrick Rose say he would be upset if they alter the roster while he's injured? When's Rose's contract up? This move is too late though, they've turned down many good offers for Deng in the past and now they will be making a move that won't even get them contending.
If he said that, than FCK WHAT HE SAYS.

He ain't the gotdamn GM. Get the fck on the court, and stop trying to run the team. This guy refuses to help recruit free agents, meanwhile he is busy never playing a game. He needs to stfu and get on the court and realize he is not the GM. He couldn't win alone, so stop trying to be a hero and request help.

hawkfan
01-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Bynum and a small contract to the Bulls for Boozer.
The Bulls waive Bynum and save 6 million in salary and luxury tax as well.
The Cavs get a low post scorer in Boozer to help get the team back into the playoffs. Boozer return to Cleveland.

Uncle Drew
01-06-2014, 07:35 PM
http://puu.sh/6c6m6.png

Do it Chris!

coin24
01-06-2014, 07:35 PM

Who the fu*k is stupid enough to trade for roses contract when he doesn't even play?:lol
Isn't it 3 more years aswel??

NumberSix
01-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Why would the Bulls do amnesty Boozer?
I hate you.

Scal
01-06-2014, 07:41 PM
I'd be surprised if they amestied Boozer at this pint. He'll be an expirer and very movable contract next year. Shame about Deng though. The dude has played hard for Chi despite copping major criticism (mainly due to the size of his contract). Though the Bulls have a capable replacement in Butler so a trade for draft assets and/or low cost players wouldn't surprise me -at least closer to the deadline when Chicago have an idea about how they fair in the playoff picture (East is still wide open - read mediocre).

hawkfan
01-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Who the fu*k is stupid enough to trade for roses contract when he doesn't even play?:lol
Isn't it 3 more years aswel??

Knicks get

Derrick Rose

Bulls get

Andrea Bargnani (player option)

The Knicks get Rose to play point guard (when he gets healthy), and the Bulls get a ton of cap space when AB opts out.

Sounds crazy? This is James Dolan were talking about.

bagelred
01-06-2014, 07:48 PM

Well then the Bulls should keep Boozer and amnesty Perkins then. DUH!!!! How stupid are you?

G-train
01-06-2014, 07:49 PM
The Bulls are bigger than Rose, so who cares how he reacts.
Their championship window with current team was last season and this season IMO, and unfortunately they had injury problems.
I would do the same and build around Rose, Butler, Gibson, an aging Noah, and gain a few other young pieces.

outbreak
01-06-2014, 07:55 PM
I'd be surprised if they amestied Boozer at this pint. He'll be an expirer and very movable contract next year. Shame about Deng though. The dude has played hard for Chi despite copping major criticism (mainly due to the size of his contract). Though the Bulls have a capable replacement in Butler so a trade for draft assets and/or low cost players wouldn't surprise me -at least closer to the deadline when Chicago have an idea about how they fair in the playoff picture (East is still wide open - read mediocre).
Boozer becomes an asset next season. There was talk earlier this season that Hennigan wanted to do a deal involving Dengs expiring deal and draft picks for Afflalo and the Bulls wouldn't part with Deng for anything.

Basketbolero
01-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Bulls only amnesty Boozer if Deng stays and Mirotic agrees to join the team next season as having the 3 of them does not work cap wise. Mirotic is their PF of the future and should be going to Chicago ASAP so let's see how those buy out negotiations go in the offseason.

I think they will try to keep Deng or negotiate a S/T involving him. I am not sold on Jimmy Butler being their starting SF, he is undersized and not a good enough shooter, he is just a role player really, nice player but not someone untradable or part of your core going forward.

Basketbolero
01-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Knicks get

Derrick Rose

Bulls get

Andrea Bargnani (player option)

The Knicks get Rose to play point guard (when he gets healthy), and the Bulls get a ton of cap space when AB opts out.

Sounds crazy? This is James Dolan were talking about.
gringos, is that you?

Upgrayedd
01-06-2014, 08:03 PM
I want to see Deng back. But I do want to see them amnesty Boozer and trade Taj Gibson and really go after Kevin Love.

C: Noah
PF: Love
SF: Deng
SG: Butler
PG: Rose

contenders

Upgrayedd
01-06-2014, 08:06 PM

Rose should have no say. He needs to shut up and stay quiet and only focus on actually getting healthy and staying healthy.

Duderonomy
01-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Trade Booz and Deng for Pierce/KG problem solved.

Basketbolero
01-06-2014, 08:10 PM
I want to see Deng back. But I do want to see them amnesty Boozer and trade Taj Gibson and really go after Kevin Love.

C: Noah
PF: Love
SF: Deng
SG: Butler
PG: Rose

contenders
Nice, but if Love leaves Minny I think he is LA bound.
Bulls will have a very nice big men rotation of Gibson-Mirotic Noah very soon that I think will be good enough going forward.

If they could get someone like Eric Gordon to start at SG and Butler to back up both SG and SF positions, that would be a strong team, no weaknesses really: great size, elite defense and rebounding and strong guard play with 2 guys that can create their own shot and set up their bigs on the PnR

Nash
01-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Well, they do have a house in Miami that is their home during off season. I could definitely see him ending up there. But probably next season after Miami lose Battier and Allen to retirement.

TheMarkMadsen
01-06-2014, 08:14 PM
How would this be a rebuild?

a healthy Rose, Noah & Butler is a good contending core. Plus the money they'll have in free agency to potentialy sign a guy like Melo

hawkfan
01-06-2014, 08:15 PM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where big is amazing):

Bulls get

Elton Brand (expirer)
Jared Cunningham (expirer)
Gustavo Ayon (expirer)

Hawks get

Luol Deng

The Bulls save about 5 million in salary this year, plus associated luxury tax savings.

The Hawks get Deng to play small forward.

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2014, 08:17 PM
If he did the Bulls would say, "we'd be glad to if you had any value." Well, he probably has some value but when a guy with a max contract whose game is all about athleticism misses two straight seasons with knee injuries no one is going to be thinking they need to make a big deal to get him. If Rose has any kind of idea of the position the Bulls are in he just stays quiet and lets them do what they feel they need to do. He's already been marked as an injury-prone player. If the label "complaining," "diva," etc. gets added to that it will hurt him when he gets older and perhaps wants to join a contender.

poido123
01-06-2014, 08:33 PM

I could only think that it's because no team out there wants him :confusedshrug: Plus the Bulls want to make cap room for Mirotic and any flexibility going forward.

I don't think management want to let go of the picks. Bulls draft pretty well and we aren't a team that goes out and makes superteams(although in today's game you probably should).

DMAVS41
01-06-2014, 08:37 PM

That would be funny to see. A player that is worth like 10% of his contract asking to be traded...Bulls would jump at the opportunity if anyone was stupid enough to give them remotely equal value.

poido123
01-06-2014, 08:40 PM

That is quite a possibility.

He is good friends with Lebron...

BlackVVaves
01-06-2014, 08:55 PM
On a side note...

How awful has the Bulls ability to acquire an above average, if not exceptional, shooting guard been?

I say that to say this. In relation to Ros

Derka
01-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Waste of an amnesty, but whatever.

Basketbolero
01-06-2014, 09:12 PM
As trash of a contract Joe Johnson is on, they should have found a way to snatch him away from ATL in 2010. I think having a capable player in that backcourt would have dramatically changed the trajectory that the Bulls have journeyed on the last 3 seasons.
Joe Johnson was a FA in 2010 and was reportedly joining the Bulls until ATL offered him that monster contract everybody laughs at now (and even back then, really). This is why Chicago never got him, Hawks overpaid him to avoid losing him for nothing.

BlackVVaves
01-06-2014, 09:30 PM
Joe Johnson was a FA in 2010 and was reportedly joining the Bulls until ATL offered him that monster contract everybody laughs at now (and even back then, really). This is why Chicago never got him, Hawks overpaid him to avoid losing him for nothing.

I'm aware of all of this, hence why I said they should have found a way to pry him away from the Hawks.

A max contract would have been feasible as long as they kept that amnesty provision in their pocket to use on him the second his production dropped.

Noah
Boozer or Gibson if Boozer never gets signed
Deng
JJ
Rose

In 2010 might get past Miami. MAYBE. But even if they don't, it's still worth providing the team another offensive option besides Rose going 1 on 5 in the playoffs.

Basketbolero
01-06-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm aware of all of this, hence why I said they should have found a way to pry him away from the Hawks.

A max contract would have been feasible as long as they kept that amnesty provision in their pocket to use on him the second his production dropped.

Noah
Boozer or Gibson if Boozer never gets signed
Deng
JJ
Rose

In 2010 might get past Miami. MAYBE. But even if they don't, it's still worth providing the team another offensive option besides Rose going 1 on 5 in the playoffs.
No, man, you don't understand, they were offering him the max but Atlanta could just pay him more as they held his bird rights and JJ decided to stay as that was way too much money to leave behind. Chicago had absolutely nothing to use on a sign and trade at that stage.

After that, they tried to get Redick (Thibs seems to love Duke players for some reason) ad failed too so ended up going with Korver/Brewer/Bogans.

I agree that 2011 playoffs could have been way different with JJ playing for the Bulls, that team would have been really really good and probably take out Miami or at least make it a very close series.

BlackVVaves
01-06-2014, 09:51 PM
No, man, you don't understand, they were offering him the max but Atlanta could just pay him more as they held his bird rights and JJ decided to stay as that was way too much money to leave behind. Chicago had absolutely nothing to use on a sign and trade at that stage.

After that, they tried to get Redick (Thibs seems to love Duke players for some reason) ad failed too so ended up going with Korver/Brewer/Bogans.

I agree that 2011 playoffs could have been way different with JJ playing for the Bulls, that team would have been really really good and probably take out Miami or at least make it a very close series.

Damn.

Well, I know one thing. They could have done better than Rip Hamilton. I liked the Korver signing, and don't know why the **** they let him go.

poido123
01-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Damn.

Well, I know one thing. They could have done better than Rip Hamilton. I liked the Korver signing, and don't know why the **** they let him go.

Great in the reg season, layed enough bricks to build the china wall in the post season :confusedshrug:

Basketbolero
01-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Damn.

Yeah I am not mad at them for not getting JJ but they should have found a better option than Keith ****ing Bogans.

Korver was nice but he is too much of a liability on defense. The Bulls back then were already struggling to score in the half court and badly needed any reliable scoring option they could use. Unfortunately, on certain matchups they couldn't keep him on the floor as he was getting destroyed. Also, he can not put the ball on the floor and that hurt the flow of the offense.

Mike Dunleavy Jr is a much better option IMO, I really like how he is fitting in so far.

Aidz
01-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Bulls need scoring. A 2/3 swingman combo of Deng and Butler ain't gonna cut it. One of them has to go. They both pretty much fulfil the same role. I prefer Butler because he's younger and more athletic.

Can Bulls sign Carmelo or Love in off-season?

Option 1:
Rose
Butler
Carmelo
Gibson
Noah

Option 2:
Rose
(trade Gibson/sign someone who can score)
Butler
Love
Noah

BlackVVaves
01-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Yeah I am not mad at them for not getting JJ but they should have found a better option than Keith ****ing Bogans.

Korver was nice but he is too much of a liability on defense. The Bulls back then were already struggling to score in the half court and badly needed any reliable scoring option they could use. Unfortunately, on certain matchups they couldn't keep him on the floor as he was getting destroyed. Also, he can not put the ball on the floor and that hurt the flow of the offense.

Mike Dunleavy Jr is a much better option IMO, I really like how he is fitting in so far.

They could have kept Korver on their bench though. And they could have brought back Belleneli. He was the best guard they have had on the perimeter outside of Rose.

The Bulls front office have been inept at surrounding Rose with offensive fire power, and it stems from their penny pinching ways. And, it dates back to why MJ and them broke up prematurely.

Cheap ass owner :facepalm

poido123
01-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Bulls need scoring. A 2/3 swingman combo of Deng and Butler ain't gonna cut it. One of them has to go. They both pretty much fulfil the same role. I prefer Butler because he's younger and more athletic.

Can Bulls sign Carmelo or Love in off-season?

Option 1:
Rose
Butler
Carmelo
Gibson
Noah

Option 2:
Rose
(trade Gibson/sign someone who can score)
Butler
Love
Noah

I think we can get Love or Carmelo. Bulls can make either player the centrepeice and a contender.

bdreason
01-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Boozer can't run to a contender if he's amnestied. Teams under the cap will bid on him.

Pra
01-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Boozer can't run to a contender if he's amnestied. Teams under the cap will bid on him.

To the Bobcats!

Scal
01-07-2014, 01:48 AM
Well the biggest problem with the 2011-onwards Bulls relying on Rose too much also is because Boozer wasn't comparable to the type of player he looked like in Utah - perhaps a benefit of playing in a PnR heavy system under Jerry Sloan and Deron Williams (who too was considered one of the best at his position, and though I'm not discounting his obvious skill, he may have been a beneficiary of Sloan's system too i.e. how many people are taking him over Chris Paul these days?) in a poor man's Malone/Stockton tandem.

So with Boozer's poison pill contract, the Bulls really were unable to acquire a good enough shooting guard. The Bogan's year was horrible from that point of view, and as someone mentioned Korver was horrid in the playoffs to the point they even played Brewer substantial minutes and lived with his poor shooting for the sake of strong D.

Hamilton could have been good IF he were not injured practically the whole season. Definitely not a shot creator, though that was never a problem on those great mid-00s Detroit teams, and Chi seemed to have the type of in-the-trenches players that don't mind setting screens to free the shooter.

The Bulls biggest problem was that when the game got close, they over-relied on Rose in the clutch - everyone remembers Rose having trouble trying to take LeBron 1-on-1 in iso situations. And they were close, winnable games despite the 4-1 series.

Letting both Bellinelli and Nate Rob walk was perhaps worse as they fit the system - Marco as a shooter who can handle the ball well enough, and Nate as a shot creator, ace-up-the-sleeve 6th man. Shame we never got to see them in a fully healthy Bulls line-up (though obviously cap restrictions are a major reason they are no longer around).

Unfortunately, mainly due to injuries, I think the Bulls window has closed (and they really only were fully capable in 2011 which is a shame as we didn't really get a chance to see the best of them over a sustained period).

D-Rose
01-07-2014, 01:56 AM
and it begins. Farewell Deng.

Nets fan 93
01-07-2014, 02:18 AM

Do it Chris!
Close

redboy
01-07-2014, 02:47 AM

Do it Chris!
:eek: :wtf:

Go Getter
01-07-2014, 03:14 AM
If he said that, than FCK WHAT HE SAYS.

He ain't the gotdamn GM. Get the fck on the court, and stop trying to run the team. This guy refuses to help recruit free agents, meanwhile he is busy never playing a game. He needs to stfu and get on the court and realize he is not the GM. He couldn't win alone, so stop trying to be a hero and request help.
:facepalm

Shut up man please.

Go Getter
01-07-2014, 03:14 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24400366/report-bulls-plan-to-trade-deng-use-amnesty-provision-on-boozer

AMNESTY someone 2 years too ****ing late.
My god, stfu and worry about your own damn team.:facepalm

Uncle Drew
01-07-2014, 07:36 AM
:eek: :wtf:
I've got my sources around the league. :pimp: