PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only Lakers fan happy that Pow Pau wasn't traded for Bynum?

Scholar
01-07-2014, 04:03 AM
Inconsistent as he may be these past 2 seasons, the dude deserves more respect than what other fans are giving him.
We wouldn't have title #15 & 16 without Pau Gasol.
Show the man some respect, folks. He deserves retiring as a Laker. He's always made it known he WANTS to be a Laker!

Anyone else agree?

Watch him get traded soon. I probably cursed Pau. :facepalm

fiddy
01-07-2014, 04:10 AM
Anyone else agree?

Nope.

coin24
01-07-2014, 04:12 AM
Im happy if he stays, always a big Pau fan except when he plays like Paulina:oldlol: Hopefully he doesnt demand mega $$ though...

Really need to get rid of Nash though.

Im hoping for next season, no Nash or Dantoni... Healthy Kobe, Pau, new coach, maybe Melo or another decent FA??? and a top pick:rockon:

davehos
01-07-2014, 04:16 AM
I'm a Spurs fan and even I think that trade was bad for the Lakers.

Gasol may be having a down year but he still has gas in the tank and he can be clutch.

Bynum has proven he's good at milking teams for $$$$.

If you want some real intrigue ... does Tony Parker go to the Lakers once Duncan's contract is up?

My gut says ... yes.

fiddy
01-07-2014, 04:22 AM
I'm a Spurs fan and even I think that trade was bad for the Lakers.

Gasol may be having a down year but he still has gas in the tank and he can be clutch.

Bynum has proven he's good at milking teams for $$$$.

If you want some real intrigue ... does Tony Parker go to the Lakers once Duncan's contract is up?

My gut says ... yes.
If Bynum was traded back to the Lakers hed get waived to save money.

All Net
01-07-2014, 04:44 AM
I wanted the cap relief.

no pun intended
01-07-2014, 04:45 AM
I can see absolutely no way Pau retires as a Laker, unless he decides to not play anymore after he doesn't get signed by them this offseason.

Trentknicks
01-07-2014, 05:07 AM
Of course, once Pau was traded and Bynum waived, there would be no more scapegoats.

Scal
01-07-2014, 05:14 AM
If I were the Lakers I wouldn't have done it. They may as well ride out the season with Pau unless they can get something decent out of the him like some future picks. At any rate, Pau's contract is up at season's end and LAL can just let them walk to clear cap space (not like Lakers need to worry about not being able to attract top-tier talent like small market teams).

clutchinho
01-07-2014, 05:54 AM
Of course not, real Laker fans don't want Pau gone for what the Cavs were offering. It's not like they were offering an unprotected first round pick. I'd rather have Pau around for the rest of the year, he makes Laker games that much more watchable.

Pau for Bynum would have been purely a salary cutting move, and as a Lakers fan I'll never be down with that. You're the premier franchise in the NBA, if you can't afford to pay a bit extra then you shouldn't be owning an iconic franchise like the Lakers, 100% there's a line of billionaires waiting to take over the team and spend whatever it takes.

fiddy
01-07-2014, 06:10 AM
Of course not, real Laker fans don't want Pau gone for what the Cavs were offering. It's not like they were offering an unprotected first round pick. I'd rather have Pau around for the rest of the year, he makes Laker games that much more watchable.

Pau for Bynum would have been purely a salary cutting move, and as a Lakers fan I'll never be down with that. You're the premier franchise in the NBA, if you can't afford to pay a bit extra then you shouldn't be owning an iconic franchise like the Lakers, 100% there's a line of billionaires waiting to take over the team and spend whatever it takes.
Cavs deal was terrible, but Pau is hard to watch. He has become too much of a liability IMO.

clutchinho
01-07-2014, 06:13 AM
Cavs deal was terrible, but Pau is hard to watch. He has become too much of a liability IMO.

Only defensively, offensively a washed up Pau is still better than anybody on that roster except Kobe

fiddy
01-07-2014, 06:28 AM
Only defensively, offensively a washed up Pau is still better than anybody on that roster except Kobe
His defense is non-existent and painful to watch. Id rather see J Hill starting.

Godzuki
01-07-2014, 10:01 AM
its incredible some laker fans still like Pau at this point. i swear last few years there was always this hope Pau was just in a bad situation and how he still had it but slowly laker fans realized his softness wasn't going to go away and his whole game is predicated on his short J being on or off from game to game. its been like 3~ years of the benefit of the doubt and 3 years of disappointment....what makes it worse is Pau is constantly blaming everything but himself.

lakers really should get rid of him for a pick or something. some playoff contending team is bound to want Pau if they have a expiring scrub big contract to give up.

3peated
01-07-2014, 10:13 AM
i miss championship pau, and don't really want to see him leave the lakers. he must think being the scapegoat is a reason to pay him max, lol.

TheGreatDeraj
01-07-2014, 10:19 AM
To me it doesn't matter either way. Gasol will not be a Laker after this year either by trade or just not resigning him.

It sucks, but he is just not part of the Lakers future.

D'Antoni and Gasol do not mix, and the Lakers(foolishly imo) have chosen D'Antoni.

3peated
01-07-2014, 10:30 AM
in the lakers defense if they picked a new coach they'd be paying 3 coaches

MMM
01-07-2014, 10:41 AM

The cba is why the Lakers are looking at salary related moves. In non contending years it makes little sense to spend over the tax as it hinders future flexibility. Not saying Pau is the only option but frankly this is the perfect season to attain future flexibility as well as high end lottery asset.

Bandito
01-07-2014, 10:57 AM
But how much over the cap are the Lakers at. Can they somehow keep Gasol if they trade somebody else?

Element
01-07-2014, 11:08 AM
I love Pau but we need to ship his ass out for something valuable, or cap relief. He's done as a Laker.

Scholar
01-07-2014, 11:28 AM
He can't be done as a Laker! :mad:

Hopefully dude comes back next season with a bit of a paycut that allows us to sign other talent, too.

Crown&Coke
01-07-2014, 12:49 PM
I like Pau, he can be infuriating at times but skilled 7 footers with a legit post game aren't exactly a dime a dozen around these parts.

That being said, I hope the man is moved to a place were his talents are appreciated. The guy gets so much shit, some might be legit but a lot isn't.

D'antoni doesn't like the guy. Except he can't exile him like he did Nate Robinson in NY because Pau is making 20mil

SpecialQue
01-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Right here.

ROCSteady
01-07-2014, 12:56 PM
I really appreciate Pau's skillset and even though he has his mental inconsistencies, the guy should get massive respect from the fanbase, no matter what.

It would have been so awkward and bizarre as a Lakers fan to see Pau be traded for a malcontent Bynum, given how we viewed the two when we were title contenders.

I'm glad that trade didn't go down, if not just from a fan's mental POV as it woulda been like :/ to see them get swapped after being affective teammates only a few seasons ago. Changing of the tides and shit.

The real conundrum is how D'antoni squandered certain skillsets once he came here. I'm still annoyed at the direction the team took after Phil left. Fckn Jim and his incestuous pride lmao

gts
01-07-2014, 01:10 PM
He can't be done as a Laker! :mad:

Hopefully dude comes back next season with a bit of a paycut that allows us to sign other talent, too.I love Pau and have been one of his biggest supporters.. If they can get him to stay on the cheap that would be fine with me.

That being said. They (the Lakers) need to keep to keep their eye on the future and I don't believe Pau is part of that...

magic chiongson
01-07-2014, 01:13 PM
i hope it's just a slump..but the 5 or so lakers games i've watched this season pau aint even trying on defense or going after rebounds

longtime lurker
01-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Inconsistent as he may be these past 2 seasons, the dude deserves more respect than what other fans are giving him.
We wouldn't have title #15 & 16 without Pau Gasol.
Show the man some respect, folks. He deserves retiring as a Laker. He's always made it known he WANTS to be a Laker!

Anyone else agree?

Watch him get traded soon. I probably cursed Pau. :facepalm

Yes you're the only Lakers fan. If the Lakers could have gotten the package that the Bull got for Deng there's no way you don't trade Gasol

Mr. Jabbar
01-07-2014, 02:25 PM
pau needs to go, every time there is a pau trade rumor that doesn't come true a kitten dies