PDA

View Full Version : Suns Trade Ideas

jalbert009
01-07-2014, 05:55 AM
Suns look like a legit playoff team now. They are by no means contenders but a playoff appearance would be a good experience for their young players. The Suns have made it clear they want more talent and are willing to give up their picks. They have 4 First round picks next year, Their own, Wolves top 13 protected, Wizards top 12 protected and Indiana's Pick.

Here are 2 scenarios I think would help this team.

Lakers and Suns

Lakers send Gasol and they Get Okafor + Indiana's First Round Pick.

Lakers go into full tank mode, acquire a late first rounder and get an expiring contract in return.

Suns get Gasol who can bring some veteran leadership to this team. Gasol is declining but I truly believe Gasol can still contribute to a playoff team. It would be unfair to let him stay in a rebuilding team given his age. If all works out, Suns could resign Gasol next year on a much cheaper contract.

76ers and Suns

76ers Send Thadeus Young and Jason Richardson and they get Okafor + Indiana's First Round pick + Wizards first round pick.

76ers will be trading Young as he has requested to be traded to a playoff team. This trade allows 76ers to go full tank mode, shed Richardsons 6M and Youngs 9M contracts by taking in Okafor's expiring contract plus 2 first round picks next year.

Suns get 2 quality veterans to add to their roster. Young can start and has been playing exceptionally well this year and was ECF player of the week recently. Richardson can be that spark of the bench and besides, Suns are lacking in wing players at the moment.

Thoughts?

Trentknicks
01-07-2014, 06:46 AM
If I was the Suns I wouldn't really do either, Philly deal looks okay, but if i'm the Suns only time I'm trading picks or trading at all is for a good star player. They are on the right track as is.

OmniStrife
01-07-2014, 06:49 AM
If I was the Suns I wouldn't really do either, Philly deal looks okay, but if i'm the Suns only time I'm trading picks or trading at all is for a good star player. They are on the right track as is.
Agreed.
Although Thad young + sign a max player sounds good.
No no no for Gasol.

jalbert009
01-07-2014, 07:21 AM

True, but the league is lacking in star power right now. There's not many good Free Agents available in the off season let alone if they would even consider signing up with the Suns so Trading for players is probably the way to go.

Or lucking out with the draft but despite the Suns having 4 first rounders, none of them seem to be top 10 picks so do you really want to wait to develop a mid to late round pick player from scratch now that you have 2 players that have already had a break out seasons in Dragic and Bledsoe.

Plus the Suns are already loaded with too many young players. They need some vets with post season experience to share to the team.

jalbert009
01-07-2014, 07:27 AM
No no no for Gasol.

Just curious with No to Gasol. Okafor and Gasol are both expiring. So really makes no difference money wise. Indiana's pick is probably gonna be pick 27-30 so pretty much feels like a 2nd round pick. What would the Suns not want from him?

Taking minutes from younger players? Locker room issues?

Because I'm sure he can still contribute.

wagexslave
01-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Just curious with No to Gasol. Okafor and Gasol are both expiring. So really makes no difference money wise. Indiana's pick is probably gonna be pick 27-30 so pretty much feels like a 2nd round pick. What would the Suns not want from him?

Taking minutes from younger players? Locker room issues?

Because I'm sure he can still contribute.
The Suns play a fast paced run and gun style of ball with lots of fast break scoring which Pau doesn't fit for(as proven with Dantoni's LA squad), and also like you said the development of young players on this team can be huge so we don't want anything taking away from that unless the player is a huge difference maker, which I don't think Pau at this stage of career is anymore especially with the way he doesn't fit in on this Suns team.

andremiller07
01-07-2014, 08:27 AM
The Suns should do everything to get Greg Monroe, him Bledsoe and Plum Dog along with Dragic is a killer combo and he brings the one thing they have not had in ages a talented post up player with excellent passing. From a chemistry point of view it would easily work.

wagexslave
01-07-2014, 08:34 AM
The Suns should do everything to get Greg Monroe, him Bledsoe and Plum Dog along with Dragic is a killer combo and he brings the one thing they have not had in ages a talented post up player with excellent passing. From a chemistry point of view it would easily work.
I could definitely see that as a possibility. A good post-up player could do this team a lot of good when they really need it.

jalbert009
01-07-2014, 09:06 AM
The Suns play a fast paced run and gun style of ball with lots of fast break scoring which Pau doesn't fit for(as proven with Dantoni's LA squad), and also like you said the development of young players on this team can be huge so we don't want anything taking away from that unless the player is a huge difference maker, which I don't think Pau at this stage of career is anymore especially with the way he doesn't fit in on this Suns team.

I see. Point taken. It would be great though to see this team turn into a good one. As someone pointed out, Monroe would be good. I think Pistons will need to let go of either Monroe or Smith. Smith is playing out of position and should be a PF. Suns could take advantage of this somehow.

HylianNightmare
01-07-2014, 09:36 AM
you guys need big baby and afflalo

Godzuki
01-07-2014, 10:22 AM
i don't think the Suns need much. all of their players have been playing above expectations so its not like a big name is going to come in and automatically be better than what they got.

hawkfan
01-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Is Okafor out for the whole season?

jalbert009
02-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Just thought i'd bump my thread since there could be some possibility of it actually happening. :oldlol:

flipogb
02-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Gasol for Okafor + Indiana's First Round Pick.

this is very fair, just do it Suns

- Laker fan

TheMarkMadsen
02-02-2014, 11:37 PM
how bout this

Suns recieve: Tyson Chandler

Suns send: Emeka

Min sends: Kevin Love

Min receives: Pau

Knicks send: Tyson Chandler, Carmelo

Knicks receive: Steve Nash, Ryan Kelly

Lakers send: Pau, Nash, Ryan Kelly

Lakers receive: Kevin Love, Carmelo Anthony

Suns may have to throw a pick or two our way, we might as well get the physicals scheduled :cheers:

blackification
02-02-2014, 11:45 PM
how bout this

Suns recieve: Tyson Chandler

Suns send: Emeka

Min sends: Kevin Love

Min receives: Pau

Knicks send: Tyson Chandler, Carmelo

Knicks receive: Steve Nash, Ryan Kelly

Lakers send: Pau, Nash, Ryan Kelly

Lakers receive: Kevin Love, Carmelo Anthony

Suns may have to throw a pick or two our way, we might as well get the physicals scheduled :cheers:
Yes the suns are going to send picks and emeka to help the lakers get love and carmelo

Akrazotile
02-02-2014, 11:47 PM
76ers and Suns

76ers Send Thadeus Young and Jason Richardson and they get Okafor + Indiana's First Round pick + Wizards first round pick.

76ers will be trading Young as he has requested to be traded to a playoff team. This trade allows 76ers to go full tank mode, shed Richardsons 6M and Youngs 9M contracts by taking in Okafor's expiring contract plus 2 first round picks next year.

Suns get 2 quality veterans to add to their roster. Young can start and has been playing exceptionally well this year and was ECF player of the week recently. Richardson can be that spark of the bench and besides, Suns are lacking in wing players at the moment.

Thoughts?

It makes no sense because they're going to have to pay all those guys. That's too much money to invest in a trio of wing players. You have to budget. Even championship teams have to stick a Fabricio Oberto or a Mario Chalmers into their starting lineup in order to keep a balance.

Ideally you won't even want both guys in your starting backcourt to command big salaries IMO but the Bledsoe-Dragic thing is workin well and I won't blame Phoenix if they pay a good buck to keep it together. But that means they should probably stick a lower salary glue guy at small forward and concentrate on maximizing the rest of their resources on the frontcourt and bench.

RightToCensor
02-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Okafor + first for Monroe + Charlie V

jalbert009
02-03-2014, 12:10 AM
It makes no sense because they're going to have to pay all those guys. That's too much money to invest in a trio of wing players. You have to budget. Even championship teams have to stick a Fabricio Oberto or a Mario Chalmers into their starting lineup in order to keep a balance.

Ideally you won't even want both guys in your starting backcourt to command big salaries IMO but the Bledsoe-Dragic thing is workin well and I won't blame Phoenix if they pay a good buck to keep it together. But that means they should probably stick a lower salary glue guy at small forward and concentrate on maximizing the rest of their resources on the frontcourt and bench.

I agree with what your saying but I was implying that Young starts in the PF position which he has shown he is capable of while also playing SF if needed. J-Rich is really just a throw in to match salaries but can also be used as that spark of the bench.

MichaelCorleone
02-03-2014, 12:12 AM
No and no.

We want Kevin Love in 2015.

Lord Bean
02-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Gasol, Nash, and Dantoni for Dragic, Bledsoe, Plumlee, and Hornacek

MichaelCorleone
02-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Gasol, Nash, and Dantoni for Dragic, Bledsoe, Plumlee, and Hornacek
http://replygif.net/i/747.gif

Lord Bean
02-03-2014, 12:20 AM
http://replygif.net/i/747.gif
What's laughable about it?

Xiao Yao You
02-03-2014, 01:16 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n5rwvsq

Akrazotile
02-03-2014, 01:24 AM
What's laughable about it?

The fact that the Lakers get absolutely raped in that deal. Might as well lock them in a hotel room in colorado with kobe bryant.

Lord Bean
02-03-2014, 01:34 AM
The fact that the Lakers get absolutely raped in that deal. Might as well lock them in a hotel room in colorado with kobe bryant.
:sleeping Weak.

Keep recycling the same stuff, you're bound to get a few laughs somewhere.

CrazyLond
02-03-2014, 02:10 AM
Nice call on this trade jalbert.

As a Suns fan, I really like it. We give up no one on the current team, just a low first round draft pick.

The Suns struggle at times with their half court offense and in the playoffs, you don't get as many fast break opportunities. I believe Pau could be a big time difference maker matching up against certain teams in the playoffs. He would also provide veteran playoff experience that the Suns lack.

His minutes can vary based on the matchup and he gives Hornacek more options to try during a playoff series. He is a very different player to Frye, not as good an outside shooter or defender but generally much more versatile offensively and a better rebounder.

Worse case scenario, he doesn't fit into the team chemistry and we lose nothing except the pick because his contract expires in the summer.

JBrizzy
02-03-2014, 02:36 AM
Suns have continued to surprise me. I'm still waiting for them to drop out of the top 8 tbh.

I'm shocked that GSW is sitting below them at this stage of the season.

Memphis have been good lately and are a better team imho.

I can see them fighting for 8th seed with Dallas at season's end, and Minny still has an outside chance.

For those people that on this board that have said they wouldn't want to face the Suns in the first round and saying that the Suns are legit now, I can't get behind it.

Kudos for the effort thus far though.

Embers
02-03-2014, 02:38 AM
Okafor + Indianas first rounder + 2nd rounder or two for Larry Sanders

He is what they need. A defensive and rebounding giant with a long term future

CrazyLond
02-03-2014, 10:32 AM
How many games of theirs have you watched? 15 games into the season I was convinced they were legit. It wasn't just the games they were winning but the ones they were losing. They pushed both OKC and SA to the limit in those early weeks and fought hard every game. I was baffled because going into the season, I thought Vegas had it about right with 19 wins. It appeared that a several very unusual positive things had happened simultaneously:

Plumlee: This guy came out of nowhere, getting no playing time on the Pacers behind Hibbert. His athleticism is astonishing, at 7 foot tall he is a former high jumper. As soon as I saw him in the post offensively, I was shocked, because he has offensive moves down low rarely seen in the NBA in recent years. I am convinced he will be a top 5 center in the league within the next few years.

Green: This one is even more of a surprise, because he has been around the league for several years. However, he has developed a great outside shot and we knew he could finish at the rim. He has always seemed to have great potential and this season, it appears he is starting to realize it.

Bledsoe: Another most improved player candidate early on. He goes from being a backup pg in L.A. to having a legitimate all star case until he went down with his injury.

Dragic: Goes from being a good player to ranking top 10 on the MVP ladder.

The scariest part is that Bledsoe, who was playing just about as well as Dragic, goes down with injury and they are still winning. They just beat the Pacers twice in 10 days without him. He is having his meniscus removed but expects to be ready to go for the playoffs.

They also have had about the toughest schedules in the NBA so far. Everyone in the west has it tough, but a lot of the Suns' games against weak east opponents come later in the year.

I believe they would have a chance of beating any team in the league except the Thunder, the Heat and possibly the Spurs in a playoff series.

Anti Hero
02-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Don't want Pau or Love... Why take away from Plumlee and Morris? Pau makes some sense if you get him for Okafor straight up, and use him as our back up center. Love just takes away from the development of Morris. He'll rebound the shit out of the ball and can score but this team is pushing team defense.. Not sure how well that'll fit with Love, he doesn't strike me as a defender or team defender. Maybe his rebounding makes up for it, with this squad? :confusedshrug: