PDA

View Full Version : If anyone is thinking about coming to Brazil for World Cup

B-hoop
01-07-2014, 03:02 PM
I have a house to rent:

http://www.aluguetemporada.com.br/imovel/p927834

We can organize transportation to and from the stadium. The house is in Salvador so you get to see Spain x Netherlands, Germany x Portugal, Switzerland and France, Bosnia and Iran (:wtf: ), a top 16 round and a quarter-finals round.

This isn't a scam, i really own the house :coleman:

9erempiree
01-07-2014, 03:05 PM
rates?

rufuspaul
01-07-2014, 03:06 PM
I think Rezznor's going. I also think he already bought your house and your neighbors on either side.

highwhey
01-07-2014, 03:08 PM
I think Rezznor's going. I also think he already bought your house and your neighbors on either side.
:oldlol:

highwhey
01-07-2014, 03:09 PM
I have a house to rent:

http://www.aluguetemporada.com.br/imovel/p927834

We can organize transportation to and from the stadium. The house is in Salvador so you get to see Spain x Netherlands, Germany x Portugal, Switzerland and France, Bosnia and Iran (:wtf: ), a top 16 round and a quarter-finals round.

This isn't a scam, i really own the house :coleman:
how much is that un american dollars per week?

ace23
01-07-2014, 03:10 PM
This isn't a scam, i really own the house
Lol

B-hoop
01-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Asking price is 30.000 reais for 1 month, which in american dollars is around 12.500 dollars. The house has enough space for 12 people to stay comfortably (4 suites). 2 of the suites have jacuzzis in the bathroom. I used to live there but its far from college and work so i moved to another apartment.

The neighbourhood is extremely safe, it has its own private security which can be called at anytime.

B-hoop
01-07-2014, 03:22 PM
I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at the sentence and the smiley combination. :oldlol:

:lol

Advertisement in english:

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p927834

My father (google) did the translation so it probably sucks :roll:

Bandito
01-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Asking price is 30.000 reais for 1 month, which in american dollars is around 12.500 dollars. The house has enough space for 12 people to stay comfortably (4 suites). 2 of the suites have jacuzzis in the bathroom. I used to live there but its far from college and work so i moved to another apartment.

The neighbourhood is extremely safe, it has its own private security which can be called at anytime.
12,500 for a month? That's extremely expensive or am I just a poor cheap guy?

Raymone
01-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Requirement: must have healthy, functioning organs

LJJ
01-07-2014, 03:28 PM
12,500 for a month? That's extremely expensive or am I just a poor cheap guy?

That's ludicrously expensive for a house in the middle of nowhere in Brazil.

B-hoop
01-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Well its the World Cup and you get to divide that fee for 12-15 people. Its a high-end house with jacuzzi's, swimming pool, garden, etc. Check out the rates hotels are charging for one day during the World Cup and i believe its not outrageous.

Bandito
01-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Well its the World Cup and you get to divide that fee for 12-15 people. Its a high-end house with jacuzzi's, swimming pool, garden, etc. Check out the rates hotels are charging for one day during the World Cup and i believe its not outrageous.
Well after seeing the house I will be expecting the toilets to be gold:lol

Either way I am probably going to Brazil but there are only 6 to 8 people going with me and there is no way I am spending more than 1200 for a month for a house. But if I find enough people on FB that wants to go I'll let you know, but don't get your hopes up.

B-hoop
01-07-2014, 03:34 PM
That's ludicrously expensive for a house in the middle of nowhere in Brazil.

First of all, its not in the middle of nowhere, its in a city with 4 million people, in an expensive suburban area. It has a huge living room all in Carrara marble brought from Italy, designer furniture, etc.

Please give us your valuable expertise on real-estate in Brazil and tell us how much a one-month rental should be worth during the World Cup.

bdreason
01-07-2014, 03:58 PM
I'll be in Brazil for World Cup. Already have a house in Sao Paulo though.

9erempiree
01-07-2014, 04:21 PM
For those going to Brazil....can I stay with someone. I will pay rent for the time there.

-p.tiddy-
01-07-2014, 04:30 PM

Advertisement in english:

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p927834

My father (google) did the translation so it probably sucks :roll:
okay so your dad owns the home and not yourself...?

you made a thread here to show it off...so let's be real, your wording in the OP is misleading

9erempiree
01-07-2014, 04:50 PM

you made a thread here to show it off...so let's be real, your wording in the OP is misleading

same thing whether he owns it or his father. It's the family's house and I'm sure a father would listen to a son on how to conduct business on a property that is owned especially during a time like the WC where people are paying a premium.

-p.tiddy-
01-07-2014, 04:59 PM
same thing whether he owns it or his father. It's the family's house and I'm sure a father would listen to a son on how to conduct business on a property that is owned especially during a time like the WC where people are paying a premium.
it's not the same thing though...he came in here to show off the home to us, because let's be real there is no way he thought coming to the OTC to find a serious buyer would happen, and tried to word the OP as though it was personally his home...so just trying to be real about things here

he is a cheaper version of vapid...:lol

B-hoop
01-07-2014, 05:02 PM

:wtf:

The house is for rent, its a family house, what difference does it make who's name is on the deed (which is mine btw, though my father paid for it)? BTW don't know about you, but family assets are owned by everyone in my family.

B-hoop
01-07-2014, 05:05 PM
it's not the same thing though...he came in here to show off the home to us, because let's be real there is no way he thought coming to the OTC to find a serious buyer would happen, and tried to word the OP as though it was personally his home...so just trying to be real about things here

he is a cheaper version of vapid...:lol

Ok bro, you just went full retard.

Aren't people here real? Dont they have an interest in soccer? There is 500 page long thread about it. There are a lot of americans on this site, the Real (brazilian money) is cheap when compared to dollars (2,40 reais for every 1 dollar). Not saying its a sure thing someone here will rent it, but it sure is a possiblity. And the house is advertised in a freaking renting website, its not like i am betting all my hopes on getting someone from ISH to rent it.

B-hoop
01-07-2014, 05:12 PM
I'll be in Brazil for World Cup. Already have a house in Sao Paulo though.

Do you know what neighbourhood it is in? The stadium is pretty far away from the nice parts of the city in Sao Paulo.

-p.tiddy-
01-07-2014, 05:17 PM
there is a zero% chance you will find a renter in here...you wanted to show off the home which is totally and completely fine it's an awesome home, I have bragged about my own condo in here...I'm just trying to put things into perspective, that is your dad's home you are showing off, not your own. He will be pocketing any profits from it correct? That is his phone number on that web site correct?

B-hoop
01-07-2014, 05:22 PM
there is a zero% chance you will find a renter in here...you wanted to show off the home which is totally and completely fine it's an awesome home, I have bragged about my own condo in here...I'm just trying to put things into perspective, that is your dad's home you are showing off, not your own. He will be pocketing any profits from it correct? That is his phone number on that web site correct?

Dude, first of all he doesn't speak english so i talk to all people who call in english, second the profits will go to pay family bills like the new apartment we moved in to, third my parents actually owe me money so i guess i could say that yes part of the profits will go to me. Satisfied?

-p.tiddy-
01-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Dude, first of all he doesn't speak english so i talk to all people who call in english, second the profits will go to pay family bills like the new apartment we moved in to, third my parents actually owe me money so i guess i could say that yes part of the profits will go to me. Satisfied?
yep

that's a cool house your father owns, I dig it

knickballer
01-07-2014, 05:28 PM
12,500? Pff. I wipe my ass with that $$$$

PM sent and sold!

B-hoop
01-07-2014, 05:30 PM
yep

that's a cool house your father owns, I dig it

Thanks, wanna rent it? :cheers:

-p.tiddy-
01-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Thanks, wanna rent it? :cheers:
yes I will now rent it...:lol

how bout one week for $3k?

one month is way too long...would have to pack my entire wardrobe for that shit...and then lose my job because I've been missing for a whole month

Raymone
01-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Advise your dad to lower the price. You can rent a much nicer pad that doesn't look so 1990s for $12,500/mo in a place like Malibu or Miami, where you won't get murdered and have your organs harvested.

alenleomessi
01-07-2014, 05:37 PM
people will end up spending thousands of dollars on match tickets, alcohol and prostitutes yet are b*tching about one thousand of dollars ( assuming there are 10+ people in the apartment ) for a f*cking roof on their head..

B-hoop
01-07-2014, 06:10 PM
This price is just for the World Cup, normally rates are 300$ per day. Remember, 12 people can stay at the house.

Budadiiii
01-07-2014, 06:15 PM
This price is just for the World Cup, normally rates are 300$ per day. Remember, 12 people can stay at the house.
How bout 20 people?

Also do you know any drug connections in the area?

B-hoop
01-07-2014, 06:23 PM
If you dont mind sleeping on mattresses on the floor we dont have a problem. No heavy drugs, marijuana is not a problem though, we liberals

brantonli
01-07-2014, 06:29 PM
If you dont mind sleeping on mattresses on the floor we dont have a problem. No heavy drugs, marijuana is not a problem though, we liberals

Bear in mind this is ISH, people are probably just messing with you big time here...

magic chiongson
01-07-2014, 06:41 PM
i'll pay $100 if 12 ish members rent this place and put up cameras all over ala big brother

B-hoop
01-07-2014, 06:42 PM
I know :lol

But you never know i have seen stranger things happening

Twin Beadles
01-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Kids at the park dunk on me

hahhahahaha loser

9erempiree
01-07-2014, 07:53 PM
How close is the house to the stadium?

The problem we have here is the price. You are stating a high price and trying to get us to squeeze 12 others to do it.

How about lower the price and for 5 people? I know at most 5 that would be down to go with me. Can this be shared with another group? I don't want to stay a month either. At most 2 weeks.

Where is the championship match at? If it's there, then I may think about it and want that week.

Also, you should do it like a vacation package, will tickets to the games, transportation, food and women be included in this package? If you can provide the following then I can justify the price.

Bandito
01-07-2014, 08:48 PM
For those going to Brazil....can I stay with someone. I will pay rent for the time there.
You can stay with me. I'll toss my girlfriend off the bed if you want too!

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Nothing weird about this at all

B-hoop
01-07-2014, 09:20 PM
How close is the house to the stadium?

The problem we have here is the price. You are stating a high price and trying to get us to squeeze 12 others to do it.

How about lower the price and for 5 people? I know at most 5 that would be down to go with me. Can this be shared with another group? I don't want to stay a month either. At most 2 weeks.

Where is the championship match at? If it's there, then I may think about it and want that week.

Also, you should do it like a vacation package, will tickets to the games, transportation, food and women be included in this package? If you can provide the following then I can justify the price.

The house is about 40 minutes away from the stadium.

You dont have to stay the whole month, and no the championship match won't be here, it will be in Rio de Janeiro.

Problem of doing a vacation package is that we would become responsible for everything and increasing our liability increases our possible costs. But food and staff for the house can be easily arranged, so can transportation. Women is the most expensive part so that can't be included though I can suggest some phone numbers.

Raymone
01-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Women is the most expensive part so that can't be included though I can suggest some phone numbers.

How about a 12 year old?

Actually, let's just start simple. Could you get me a fresh towel?

Bandito
01-07-2014, 11:48 PM
How about a 12 year old?

Actually, let's just start simple. Could you get me a fresh towel?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol :oldlol:

Patrick Chewing
01-08-2014, 12:06 AM
Bring your bullet proof vest and machetes if you go

Maniak
01-08-2014, 12:28 AM
do you have guns, and can you offer protection?
:oldlol:

mrRager
01-08-2014, 01:59 AM
I wish I could go and fvck one of those fat booty b1tches

Balla_Status
01-08-2014, 05:23 AM
For those that are going, any tips on finding a place? This actually seems legit but I feel like I wouldn't get the same experience. Although it seems safer...

B-hoop
01-08-2014, 08:58 AM
What city do you want to go to? You want to follow the U.S team? Following one team will be hard and expensive since they play in 3 different cities. And what do you mean by same experience?

Frozen1
01-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Guys crying about the price.

Last summer i spent 1 week of my vacation in Florianopolis, a city with a lot of beaches here in brazil. I payed R$300 per day to rent a house with my family, and it was a bargain given the house and the location. That

knickballer
01-08-2014, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=Frozen1]Guys crying about the price.

Last summer i spent 1 week of my vacation in Florianopolis, a city with a lot of beaches here in brazil. I payed R$300 per day to rent a house with my family, and it was a bargain given the house and the location. That

-p.tiddy-
01-08-2014, 12:32 PM
yeah I just spent $1,200 per day (yes for one day) to stay in a cabin in Tahoe this xmas...I stayed a week

the cabin was not as nice as this home...although in a much more amazing location obviously

B-hoop
01-08-2014, 01:39 PM
lol, you OP's alternate?

OP, Like I said in my PM my final asking price is $10,500. Take it or leave it.

Still waiting for you to answer my pm.. :(

millwad
01-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Still waiting for you to answer my pm.. :(

Knickballer is the same guy who posted about being lonely and unemployed, he's obviously trolling you.

If you're serious about this, take this matter somewhere else because the crowd here isn't probably the ideal in terms of being able to find someone who will rent it from you.

B-hoop
01-08-2014, 01:51 PM
I am serious that the house is available for rent, but i am not seriously trying to find a renter here in ISH, just trying my luck and laughing at the trolls.

B-hoop
01-08-2014, 01:53 PM
yeah I just spent $1,200 per day (yes for one day) to stay in a cabin in Tahoe this xmas...I stayed a week

the cabin was not as nice as this home...although in a much more amazing location obviously

Did that include service or just the rental? Because if its only rental that's pretty expensive.

ace23
01-08-2014, 01:58 PM
:biggums:

knickballer
01-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Knickballer is the same guy who posted about being lonely and unemployed, he's obviously trolling you.

If you're serious about this, take this matter somewhere else because the crowd here isn't probably the ideal in terms of being able to find someone who will rent it from you.

lol, never posted about the two because 1) I'm not lonely 2) Because I'm not unemployed. Must have mistaken me for another poster :confusedshrug:

But I'm however a foreign exchange student in Texas and I'm Swedish

-p.tiddy-
01-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Did that include service or just the rental? Because if its only rental that's pretty expensive.
it was JUST rental...and it was one of the cheapest options I had too...other cabins were like $2,000-$3,000 a night during that time

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/california/lake-tahoe-ca/south-shore/south-lake-tahoe?sort+by=Price%2fDescending

you can see a range here for the rates of these cabins per week...on the right hand side

during the holidays, Christamas - New Years...you have to pay the MAX rate...that is when I stayed

-p.tiddy-
01-08-2014, 02:14 PM
That cabin was smack in the middle of the "action" though...beautiful views, 5 minutes away from snow skiing, etc...the vacation is in the cabin itself

you're talking about just renting out a home 40 minutes away from some soccer...

that is like me renting out my home here in Dallas when the Super Bowl is here for people to stay here and drive to it...which shouldn't really be that pricey

B-hoop
01-08-2014, 02:27 PM
That cabin was smack in the middle of the "action" though...beautiful views, 5 minutes away from snow skiing, etc...the vacation is in the cabin itself

you're talking about just renting out a home 40 minutes away from some soccer...

that is like me renting out my home here in Dallas when the Super Bowl is here for people to stay here and drive to it...which shouldn't really be that pricey

If the Superbowl happened only once every 4 years, decided the WORLD champion and not only US champion, and if American Football was the most popular sport in the world then you could compare it to the World Cup, until then its a ridiculous comparison.

Also check that website you just posted on houses in Salvador, Brazil during June/July of 2014 and see the prices. Lol, i am thinking of raising them now o.O

-p.tiddy-
01-08-2014, 02:35 PM
it's a perfect analogy...both events draw in top$...not trying to compare soccer to the NFL, just comparing the situation of renting out a home for a sporting event

B-hoop
01-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Its a question of supply and demand, a lot more people travel to see the World Cup than to see the Super Bowl.

-p.tiddy-
01-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Its a question of supply and demand, a lot more people travel to see the World Cup than to see the Super Bowl.
:no:

it's a question of money

Super Bowl tops Forbes' most valuable brands (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2749584)

The world's most popular sport may be soccer, but in cold, hard dollars, nobody throws a party like the National Football League.

The NFL's Super Bowl tops Forbes' first list of the world's most valuable sporting events brands, worth $379 million. Following the Super Bowl were the Summer Olympics ($176 million) and soccer's World Cup ($103 million).

SB might happen more often, and might not have as many fans because it is just the US, however it STILL brings in more money and the city that gets to host it rakes in millions of dollars

lakers_forever
01-08-2014, 03:59 PM
:no:

it's a question of money

Super Bowl tops Forbes' most valuable brands (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2749584)

SB might happen more often, and might not have as many fans because it is just the US, however it STILL brings in more money and the city that gets to host it rakes in millions of dollars

Sorry, p.tiddy, but I can't believe that. There's no way in hell the Super Bowl gererates more money than the World Cup. The link you posted say this: "We then divided this amount by the number of days of competition". See? It looks like this criteria was made to have the Super Bowl as number one.

The World Cup Draw has almost 3 times the audience of the Super Bowl worldwide. The World Cup is just so much bigger than the Super Bowl. I repeat that I can't believe it does not more generate more money. I mean, an ad in the world cup final football field will be seen by almost one billion people in the entire world...

-p.tiddy-
01-08-2014, 04:01 PM
really, I didn't want to create a SB vs WC debate...both bring in top $$$...the comparison was legit...people pay big $$$ to go to both events

lakers_forever
01-08-2014, 04:05 PM
really, I didn't want to create a SB vs WC debate...both bring in top $$$...the comparison was legit...people pay big $$$ to go to both events

Fair enough. :cheers:

PS: There's no debate though. :D

B-hoop
01-08-2014, 04:15 PM
Amnt renting but how much are tickets to all those matches. Just curious.

Ranging from 90$ (worst place, group rounds) to 990$ (best place, finals). Thats for internationals, for brazilians its a bit cheaper.

-p.tiddy-
01-08-2014, 04:21 PM
SB tickets this year were going for $2k - $10k depending on the seats, and as much as $500k for luxury suites

just sayin :oldlol:

B-hoop
01-08-2014, 04:31 PM
I didn't include private boxes which are around that price (10k$), also there are 63 games in the World Cup compared to 1 in the Super Bowl...

Balla_Status
01-09-2014, 04:24 AM
What city do you want to go to? You want to follow the U.S team? Following one team will be hard and expensive since they play in 3 different cities. And what do you mean by same experience?

Probably just stay in one city.

All my soccer friends are either too poor and/or dont have a passport currently so yeah, probably not gonna happen. What a fail.

9erempiree
01-09-2014, 04:44 AM

I agree and that's why I asked for travel time to the stadium. Not going to go to this WC but I would be tempted if it was 10 or 15 minute drive. I want to party near the stadium and local area.

A 40 minute drive is really away from the party. You don't want to be away but close regardless how nice the house is.

It's already a dangerous country and try being a foreigner trying to convince another foreigner to go 40 minutes away to party somewhere they have no idea where.

Good luck to the OP though.,...

Balla_Status
01-09-2014, 06:42 AM

Yeah...only soccer in Brazil. No beautiful beaches. No bodacious beauties.

I would assume lack of snow bunnies in tahoe due to my experiences in Steamboat. Very expensive. Lots of families.

LJJ
01-09-2014, 07:22 AM
Probably just stay in one city.

All my soccer friends are either too poor and/or dont have a passport currently so yeah, probably not gonna happen. What a fail.

:oldlol: what? Doesn't getting a passport take like 2 days?

Jasi
01-09-2014, 08:06 AM

:roll:

Lebron23
01-09-2014, 09:19 AM
Nice house.