PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Rodman Goes Nuts on CNN about N. Korea

kamil
01-07-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm surprised there isn't any talk of this on ISH.

Here's the entire feature:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saLuAF2WBt0

It gets heated at 14:41 and Rodman goes off when asked about Kenneth Bae (US citizen imprisoned for 15 years on bullshit claims by ridiculous N. Korea policies).

Does anyone fully understand what he's saying? A lot of it sounds like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXT6wfeo_V8).

davehos
01-07-2014, 03:14 PM
Dennis has always been the epitome of Coherentism.

kamil
01-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Mods.. GTS and I posted the same thing at the exact same time can we delete or merge this one or whatever you do

Sarcastic
01-07-2014, 03:20 PM
He seriously belongs in a mental hospital.

gts
01-07-2014, 03:21 PM
He seriously belongs in a mental hospital.If he's not careful he might find one in N Korea...

CavaliersFTW
01-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Rodman is emotionally sensitive, and a social outlier. Any alpha-personality reporter is going to be well aware of this, and they are a piece of shit if they try to prey upon Rodman and pick him apart. I blame the CNN reporter for deliberately pushing his buttons. The reporter wanted this to happen and lead the conversation to go that route, it wouldn't be news if Rodman just said something PC. **** CNN and **** that reporter.

moe94
01-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Rodman is emotionally sensitive, and a social outlier. Any alpha-personality reporter is going to be well aware of this, and they are a piece of shit if they try to prey upon Rodman and pick him apart. I blame the CNN reporter for deliberately pushing his buttons. The reporter wanted this to happen and lead the conversation to go that route, it wouldn't be news if Rodman just said something PC. **** CNN and **** that reporter.

:applause:

SpecialQue
01-07-2014, 03:25 PM
When Rodman goes off it sounds like some Wrestlemania shit.

kamil
01-07-2014, 03:25 PM

Rodman must be pretty naive to think CNN wasn't going to touch the Kenneth Bae topic or go 'easy' on him about it.

wally_world
01-07-2014, 03:26 PM
I think the interviewer went overboard first. I think it's important that we first build a friendly cultural tie (whether for political reasons or not) with DPRK. To bring up a political issue like Kenneth Bae's detainment in a cultural exchange is just disrespectful, and showing we are doing everything with an intention.

wally_world
01-07-2014, 03:28 PM

I agree. They are just trying for viewership.

kamil
01-07-2014, 03:31 PM
I agree. They are just trying for viewership.

Of course they are, lol. And they nailed it. Rodman fell for it but he let himself completely go. You can't blame CNN for him going apesh*t, thats his own doing.

gts
01-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Of course they are, lol. And they nailed it. Rodman fell for it but he let himself completely go. You can't blame CNN for him going apesh*t, thats his own doing.this...

CavaliersFTW
01-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Rodman must be pretty naive to think CNN wasn't going to touch the Kenneth Bae topic or go 'easy' on him about it.
I'm sure he was informed in advance, and he and everyone around him knew from prior experiences they were going to push him, but it doesn't matter when you've got an easy tipping point. It's like telling someone with a short temper to control it, easier said than done when that's just how you are. When you're sensitive to begin with much less while being emotionally invested in what your doing (believe me, what Rodman is a part of is BIG he's involved in barrier breaking activities that no politician could sniff and he knows it) there's not many ways he's capable of reacting when getting preyed on by some quick witted alpha reporter who wants to take every advantage of him possible. Rodman isn't a quick thinker and he is an emotional softie. CNN is trying to make a mockery of him for both their political agenda and for news ratings. That shit is evil and uncalled for, **** them.

longtime lurker
01-07-2014, 03:40 PM

Well Rodman opens himself up to criticism when he pretty much prostitutes himself for a dictator. He should understand that its a hot button topic that will never stick to solely basketball. That being said I didn't realize Kenneth Bey's been in prison for 15 years. That's a bitch move to put that on Rodman considering I'm sure there are lots of Americans that have traveled to North Korea in the last 15 years why should it be on Rodman?

InspiredLebowski
01-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Well Rodman opens himself up to criticism when he pretty much prostitutes himself for a dictator. He should understand that its a hot button topic that will never stick to solely basketball. That being said I didn't realize Kenneth Bey's been in prison for 15 years. That's a bitch move to put that on Rodman considering I'm sure there are lots of Americans that have traveled to North Korea in the last 15 years why should it be on Rodman?Bae's been in prison for about 14 months. He got sentenced to 15 years in April of last year.

Rodman also said this in May
https://twitter.com/dennisrodman/status/331826019747127297

I'm calling on the Supreme Leader of North Korea or as I call him "Kim", to do me a solid and cut Kenneth Bae loose.

The Worm brought it on himself.

inclinerator
01-07-2014, 03:44 PM
i dont understand anything he said

zoom17
01-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Rodman went into a hulk hogan rant near the end:oldlol:

Ancient Legend
01-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Rodman better be careful with one of his psycho rants when he's in NK or he will be end up being dog food like Kim's Uncle.

longtime lurker
01-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Bae's been in prison for about 14 months. He got sentenced to 15 years in April of last year.

Rodman also said this in May
https://twitter.com/dennisrodman/status/331826019747127297

The Worm brought it on himself.

Ah thanks for the clarification. And based on that tweet sounds like Rodman may have already broached the subject. Who knows what private talks they've had.

bdreason
01-07-2014, 03:52 PM
Did Rodman think CNN was actually interested in asking him about a bunch of retired NBA scrubs playing basketball in N. Korea?

kamil
01-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Did Rodman think CNN was actually interested in asking him about a bunch of retired NBA scrubs playing basketball in N. Korea?

Christie, Rodman and Vin Baker were'nt exactly 'scrubs'

moe94
01-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Christie, Rodman and Vin Baker were'nt exactly 'scrubs'

Outside Rodman himself, they're entirely irrelevant and his point stands.

hawkfan
01-07-2014, 04:01 PM

They weren't.
They were doing a hatchet job on Rodman.
Which is pointless - no one's opinion of Rodman is going to be changed either way.

Myth
01-07-2014, 04:04 PM

My thoughts exactly. I had flashbacks to Macho Man Randy Savage.

And the guys in the back totally had a "WTF did I get myself into?" look on their faces.

Rodman totally is not the guy to do what he is doing. Charles Smith was able to talk clearly and clearly communicate that they are not there for politics. Rodman on the otherhand appears to be avoiding questions that make him uncomfortable rather than simply saying "I do not plan to ask about the prisoner because I am a basketball player and that is not my role" or "I will discuss it if the situation calls for it" or any number of answers that actually address the question.

kamil
01-07-2014, 04:08 PM
They weren't.
They were doing a hatchet job on Rodman.
Which is pointless - no one's opinion of Rodman is going to be changed either way.

Exactly. They're interviewing a guy that wore a wedding dress to his own autobiography promotion. But they're not doing this so much for legitimate reasons so much as for RATINGS.

outbreak
01-07-2014, 04:10 PM
That interviewer is terrible. Rodnans got known mental issues and he just baits him into snapping when we all already know rodman is like that. They also cut him mid sentence to acommercial break and talk over the top of them. I also think it's a stretch to claim RRodman accused bae of anything he seemed to be more asking if they guy had the facts about why he is imprisoned (which likely is for no reason but rodman an isn't the best speaker). Shiuld have at least asked more questions and gotten info on their experience there and tried to inform them more.

I don't think they should be there right now but still that interviewer was an idiot

longtime lurker
01-07-2014, 04:15 PM

And the guys in the back totally had a "WTF did I get myself into?" look on their faces.

Rodman totally is not the guy to do what he is doing. Charles Smith was able to talk clearly and clearly communicate that they are not there for politics. Rodman on the otherhand appears to be avoiding questions that make him uncomfortable rather than simply saying "I do not plan to ask about the prisoner because I am a basketball player and that is not my role" or "I will discuss it if the situation calls for it" or any number of answers that actually address the question.

Lol I felt like Rodman was channeling Hulk Hogan. I was just waiting for the "Lemme tell yah something brotha!"

CavaliersFTW
01-07-2014, 04:23 PM

Rodman totally is not the guy to do what he is doing. Charles Smith was able to talk clearly and clearly communicate that they are not there for politics. Rodman on the otherhand appears to be avoiding questions that make him uncomfortable rather than simply saying "I do not plan to ask about the prisoner because I am a basketball player and that is not my role."
If you guys knew jack about North Korea you'd know Rodman, as crazy as it sounds, more or less is the perfect key for the lock.

North Koreans (at least the ones the country tries to showcase as 'ideal' and of high political status) all appear to be emotionally invested and sincere in what they believe, and they are drawn to charisma. Thus, Rodman. They do not respond well to quick witted, sharp tongued American politicians and journalists, heck they do not really believe in free speech and the open right to question or criticize their powers that be. Their dear leader is like a god to them. (Again, I'm talking about the high status North Koreans in power... not the poverty striken majority being controlled, imprisoned, etc)

Rodman, being emotionally driven, is a guy who will respect their passion and sincerity. Rodmans heart can be, and is, in this without ulterior motives. Rodman can truly become 'friends' with people over there. The North Korean political party can pick up on this. Can any other ****tard politician or journalist say that? If that reporter who badgered Rodman tried to put himself in Rodman's shoes and act as a voice of the American people he'd be executed by firing squad at dawn. North Koreans don't tolerate that kind of (as they call it) 'Imperialist Aggressor' attitude.

Now, that's not to say the North Korean's are good guys here. The ones in power treat the ones NOT in power in that country like sh*t. We all know this. However, we'll never get anywhere without force (bad idea) or diplomacy. Rodman appears to be the best key we've ever had to entering their doors, Rodman at this moment, represents our key to diplomacy.

zoom17
01-07-2014, 04:23 PM
wtf did i get neg in this thread:oldlol:

Dresta
01-07-2014, 04:34 PM
If you guys knew jack about North Korea you'd know Rodman, as crazy as it sounds, more or less is the perfect key for the lock.

North Koreans (at least the ones the country tries to showcase as 'ideal' and of high political status) all appear to be emotionally invested and sincere in what they believe, and they are drawn to charisma. Thus, Rodman. They do not respond well to quick witted, sharp tongued American politicians and journalists, heck they do not really believe in free speech and the open right to question or criticize their powers that be. Their dear leader is like a god to them. (Again, I'm talking about the high status North Koreans in power... not the poverty striken majority being controlled, imprisoned, etc)

Rodman, being emotionally driven, is a guy who will respect their passion and sincerity. Rodmans heart can be, and is, in this without ulterior motives. Rodman can truly become 'friends' with people over there. The North Korean political party can pick up on this. Can any other ****tard politician or journalist say that? If that reporter who badgered Rodman tried to put himself in Rodman's shoes and act as a voice of the American people he'd be executed by firing squad at dawn. North Koreans don't tolerate that kind of (as they call it) 'Imperialist Aggressor' attitude.

Now, that's not to say the North Korean's are good guys here. The ones in power treat the ones NOT in power in that country like sh*t. We all know this. However, we'll never get anywhere without force (bad idea) or diplomacy. Rodman appears to be the best key we've ever had to entering their doors, Rodman at this moment, represents our key to diplomacy.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Everything you've said in this thread has been incredibly idiotic, and that final bolded sentence really takes the ****ing cake. Rodman goes there so he can live like a King, and the N. Koreans put up with him because they can show their populace they have American giants on their side. No one is worth defending here, yet you are writing 100s of words to excuse a moronic opportunist. Lame.

kNIOKAS
01-07-2014, 06:02 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Everything you've said in this thread has been incredibly idiotic, and that final bolded sentence really takes the ****ing cake. Rodman goes there so he can live like a King, and the N. Koreans put up with him because they can show their populace they have American giants on their side. No one is worth defending here, yet you are writing 100s of words to excuse a moronic opportunist. Lame.
Well lets agree that there are two ways of looking at it, your way and then CavaliersFTW way. I agree with him a bit, I think it's way better than no contact with N. Korea, no presence of foreigners on their soil, no exposure of the world, etc.

You guys are a bit cynical of Rodman. Dunno.

InfiniteBaskets
01-07-2014, 07:05 PM

Rodman is probably crazy enough to believe this. But I'm sure the pitch for the interview to Charles Smith was more on the lines of "We're just want to hear about the type of work you guys are doing in North Korea. Maybe some info on your global efforts etc..."

Then gets sideblinded by "Why are you supporting a tyrant!?!" to Dennis and pretty much ignored by the interviewer.

Dresta
01-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Well lets agree that there are two ways of looking at it, your way and then CavaliersFTW way. I agree with him a bit, I think it's way better than no contact with N. Korea, no presence of foreigners on their soil, no exposure of the world, etc.

You guys are a bit cynical of Rodman. Dunno.
Dude, Rodman is not a link to N. Korea from which peace and liberty will spring :lol . Both him and Kim are evidently both happy in having found someone equally crazy to play the 'look how important i am' game with.

MavsSuperFan
01-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Rodman better be careful with one of his psycho rants when he's in NK or he will be end up being dog food like Kim's Uncle.
If he is lucky.

Chances are he will be sent to camp 22, where he wont be allowed to die.
Kim killed his uncle because his uncle was a threat, he had to finish him quick. No such risk with rodman

And anyone defending Rodman on this is crazy.

He has basically called the worst dictator alive a good person.
Either he is incredibly ignorant of who the kim family is, and how they have basically enslaved a nation, or he knows about it and chooses to be friends with arguably the worst person alive.

FireDavidKahn
01-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Rodman is right, he has no obligation to try and do anything about Bae. He isn't there for Bae and everyone berating him for not trying to get Bae released is just dumb.

MavsSuperFan
01-07-2014, 07:27 PM

North Koreans (at least the ones the country tries to showcase as 'ideal' and of high political status) all appear to be emotionally invested and sincere in what they believe, and they are drawn to charisma.

You realize that is all fake right? You realize they are afraid of getting sent to camp 22? Have you read any of the stories of NK defectors? (eg. escape from camp 22)

People in NK know how shit their country is. They just have to grin and bear it out of fear. tons of koreans every year run into china illegally. They know their country sucks.

Their dear leader is like a god to them.
read some the accounts of defectors. they act that way out of fear. North Koreans arent dumber than south koreans. They just live in fear.

Rodman, being emotionally driven, is a guy who will respect their passion and sincerity.
Are you trolling? Maybe I misunderstood you, but do you actually believe North Koreans love kim?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-07-2014, 08:17 PM
I'm surprised there isn't any talk of this on ISH.

Here's the entire feature:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saLuAF2WBt0

It gets heated at 14:41 and Rodman goes off when asked about Kenneth Bae (US citizen imprisoned for 15 years on bullshit claims by ridiculous N. Korea policies).

Does anyone fully understand what he's saying? A lot of it sounds like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXT6wfeo_V8).

what a 20mins waste of my time

PejaNowitzki
01-07-2014, 08:31 PM

**** Rodman. That's what happens when you whore yourself out to some wackjob dictator. What did he think, people were just going to be completely cool with it? The North Korean government has been responsible for untold levels of misery and poverty, a whole nation of people living like its a ****ing prison camp. **** Rodman and anyone else who stands up for his goofy, neurotic, mentally unbalanced ass.

Rodman can bend over and take it up the ass from Jong-un as much as he likes, doesn't mean we all have to applaud him for being a little bitch. When idiot celebrities go trying to be buddy-buddy with dictators who prop up these morons for propaganda purposes, they deserve to get shit on.

Solefade
01-07-2014, 08:31 PM
Are you trolling? Maybe I misunderstood you, but do you actually believe North Koreans love kim?

There's not a lot that indicate otherwise.

Solefade
01-07-2014, 08:32 PM

Wouldn't say Rodman is the key to diplomacy but you do have a lot of good points about Rodman. Kim Jong Un is a huge 90's Bulls fan and he likes Rodman a lot.

PejaNowitzki
01-07-2014, 08:37 PM

Look, another retard.

The miracle of a dictatorship. Control the media, kill off anyone who disagrees with you or send them off to a prison camp. It's not until everything falls apart that people on the outside realize just how ****ed up things were.

flipogb
01-07-2014, 08:41 PM
Rodman doesn't have to do crap for Bae, this is a country that has millions of people. 1 basketball player has nothing to do with 1 prisoner.

Its not like Rodman is visiting a guy's house while some dude is tied up in a closet and hes ignoring it. its a country with millions of people and issues that Rodman has nothing to do with

PejaNowitzki
01-07-2014, 08:42 PM
You realize that is all fake right? You realize they are afraid of getting sent to camp 22? Have you read any of the stories of NK defectors? (eg. escape from camp 22)

People in NK know how shit their country is. They just have to grin and bear it out of fear. tons of koreans every year run into china illegally. They know their country sucks.

read some the accounts of defectors. they act that way out of fear. North Koreans arent dumber than south koreans. They just live in fear.

Everyone should read these books. Definitely some eye-opening, heart-wrenching shit on what life in North Korea is like. Absolutely horrific descriptions of life without any freedom, live under the iron grip of paranoid authoritarianism.

http://www.amazon.com/Escape-Camp-14-Remarkable-Odyssey/dp/0143122916/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389141553&sr=8-1&keywords=camp+22

http://www.amazon.com/The-Aquariums-Pyongyang-Years-Korean/dp/0465011047/ref=pd_sim_b_2

http://www.amazon.com/This-Paradise-North-Korean-Childhood/dp/0349118655/ref=pd_sim_b_1

PejaNowitzki
01-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Rodman doesn't have to do crap for Bae, this is a country that has millions of people. 1 basketball player has nothing to do with 1 prisoner.

Its not like Rodman is visiting a guy's house while some dude is tied up in a closet and hes ignoring it. its a country with millions of people and issues that Rodman has nothing to do with

That's exactly what he's doing. His whole public relations deal is an absolute farce when they are basically keeping a falsely imprisoned American there against his will, so basically, **** him and the horse he rode in on, Rodman can stay there and choke on that fat toad's balls for eternity.

Solefade
01-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Look, another retard.

The miracle of a dictatorship. Control the media, kill off anyone who disagrees with you or send them off to a prison camp. It's not until everything falls apart that people on the outside realize just how ****ed up things were.

I'm sorry is this documented somewhere?

PejaNowitzki
01-07-2014, 08:56 PM

Documented everywhere, 150,000 to 200,000 in prison labor camps in North Korea, political dissidents, being tortured, mothers executed in front of their children, young and old tortured by lackey's of the regime, a repressive society run by evil men that treat their citizens as animals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlF-LdWyV7Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBYDE6yWl0I

Every dissident that escapes states that people live in fear, any sort of disapproval of the regime, no matter how slight, is often greeted with death, being pulled out off your home in the middle of the night and shot dead in the street. Unless you're a member of a small percentage of the government elite, then you live in abject poverty, starvation is the norm, even for those who have the "in", they are often greeted with suspicion and lackey's compete to uncover those who are disloyal. It is a sick, repressed society led by psychopath's who wish to keep society down at their feet. People's every actions being scrutinized, if they do not show sufficient enthusiasm and praise for Dear Leader, they get punished and or killed. Basically, its like Jonestown on a nationwide scale, people being manipulated, tortured and used for an authoritarian agenda.

Who is Kenneth Bae? And why is he being held by North Korea?

Those are the questions for many following the combative exchange Tuesday between Dennis Rodman and Chris Cuomo on CNN's "New Day," who asked whether the former NBA player was planning to inquire about Bae, a U.S. citizen sentenced to 15 years in a North Korean labor camp.

In response, Rodman, who is in North Korea with a team of fellow former NBA players, suggested the Korean-American had done something wrong, but did not specify what.

"Do you understand what he did in this country?" Rodman asked Cuomo. "No, no, no, you tell me, you tell me. Why is he held captive here in this country, why?"

Here's a look at the case:

Who is Bae?

Born in South Korea, Bae immigrated at age 16 to the United States with parents, his mother told CNN.

The 44-year-old Bae, of Lynwood, Washington, moved to China in 2005. A year later he established "Nations Tour," a China-based tour company that specialized in tours of North Korea, according to his family and freekennow.com, a web site established by friends to promote his release.

Described by his sister, Terri Chung, as a devout Christian, Bae is married and the father of three children.

"Several years ago, Kenneth saw an opportunity that combined his entrepreneurial spirit with his personal convictions as a Christian," the web site said. "He believed in showing compassion to the North Korean people by contributing to their economy in the form of tourism."

Bae had guided at least 15 tour groups, mostly made up of Americans and Canadians, into North Korea at the time of this arrest, his family has said.

What happened?

This much everybody appears to agree on: Bae was on the first day of a five-day tour when he was arrested November 3, 2012, in Rason, an area along the northeastern coast of North Korea that has been established by Pyongyang as a special economic zone to promote trade and investment.

U.S. officials have struggled to establish how exactly Bae ran afoul of North Korean authorities.

Word of Bae's arrest first surfaced in South Korea media reports days after he was detained, with the United States later confirming it.

Nearly two weeks after detaining Bae, North Korea's official news agency confirmed his arrest, saying only he was picked up for a crime against the state.

According to the state-run Korean Central News Agency, KCNA, there was evidence uncovered that proved he had committed a crime against the country. The American then confessed to the offense, it said, and faces legal action, the news agency said at the time.

North Korea has never detailed what it says Bae did. Even when the country announced on April 30, 2013, that Bae had been sentenced to 15 years in a labor camp, it only said he was found guilty of "hostile acts to bring down its government" and planning anti-North Korean religious activities.

North Korea is considered to have one of the most repressive penal systems in the world. Human rights groups estimate that as many as 200,000 people are being held in a network of prison camps that the regime is believed to use to crush political dissent.

His mother and sister have told CNN that more than 10 months into Bae's sentence, his health is failing.

In a prison interview with Choson Sinbo, a pro-North Korean group based in Tokyo, Bae had spoken of health problems, including diabetes, high blood pressure, fatty liver and a back problem. He looked noticeably thinner and wore a blue prison garment streaked with sweat and dirt.

"Although my health is not good, I am being patient and coping well," he said at the time. "And I hope that with the help of the North Korean government and the United States, I will be released soon."

Bae was moved to a hospital for serious health problems, his sister, Terri Chung had told CNN in August.

In previous interviews, Chung has said that her brother suffers from health problems including severe back and leg pain, kidney stones, dizziness, blurred vision and loss of vision. He was already dealing with diabetes.

His family says he has lost more than 50 pounds.

The timing of Bae's conviction has raised questions about whether Pyongyang is using him as a bargaining chip in efforts to jumpstart negotiations to dismantle North Korea's nuclear program. Washington has previously accused North Korea of doing so to try to gain concessions.

Bae's conviction followed North Korea's testing of a long-range rocket and an underground nuclear test, moves that resulted in tougher U.N. sanctions.

Tensions between North Korea and the United States have eased somewhat since the spring, when Pyongyang unleashed a torrent of dramatic threats as U.S. and South Korean troops carried out large-scale military exercises in the region.

U.S. officials have repeatedly called on North Korea to release Bae. In August, the two countries appeared close, but North Korea rescinded an invitation to a U.S. envoy. Ambassador Robert King, President Barack Obama's special envoy for North Korean human rights issues, had been expected to fly to Pyongyang to try to win Bae's freedom.

In previous instances, North Korea has released Americans in its custody after a visit by some U.S. dignitary -- in recent cases, former Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton.

But efforts by Bill Richardson, the former ambassador to the United Nations, was unsuccessful in winning his release during a visit to North Korea last year.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/07/us/who-is-kenneth-bae/

OhNoTimNoSho
01-07-2014, 09:04 PM
I agree with Rodman here. Reports tried some low ball shit and Rodman spotted immediately and called him out on it. Rodman just happens to be completely incoherent though, but both the reporter an Rodman know exactly what happened.

Raymone
01-07-2014, 09:13 PM

Were you born yesterday?

flipogb
01-07-2014, 09:22 PM
That's exactly what he's doing. His whole public relations deal is an absolute farce when they are basically keeping a falsely imprisoned American there against his will, so basically, **** him and the horse he rode in on, Rodman can stay there and choke on that fat toad's balls for eternity.
except its not, this isn't some small setting. there is a bigger picture and Rodman has nothing to do with that big picture, hes just a basketball player and that is what he is there for. His stance is just if basketball does some good then so be it, he never claimed to go there with the purpose of turning N Korea and US into friends

PejaNowitzki
01-07-2014, 09:30 PM
except its not, this isn't some small setting. there is a bigger picture and Rodman has nothing to do with that big picture, hes just a basketball player and that is what he is there for. His stance is just if basketball does some good then so be it, he never claimed to go there with the purpose of turning N Korea and US into friends

It doesn't work that way. Rodman consorting with a dictator is basically spitting in the face of the families of all of those were murdered or tortured by a regime. A regime that we know continues its brutal tactics into this very day.

If Larry Bird had been hanging out with Saddam Hussein, would that have been acceptable? It's all about using smart judgment, Rodman apparently has none, he's an attention whore starving for his last 15 minutes and sadly enough the only place he can get it is from a brutal tyrant.

CJ Mustard
01-07-2014, 11:16 PM
:facepalm Is this guy trying to get Rodman killed? He's obviously not gonna talk about how horrible KJU is while he's in NK.

PejaNowitzki
01-08-2014, 12:36 AM
http://i.eho.st/ppmrnmwc.png

:biggums:

"Man, how many Korea's y'all got?"

BurningHammer
01-08-2014, 12:51 AM
Rodman shouldn't agree to do the interview at the first place.

I can understand his basketball trips are peaceful, but he should at least known every single news media will never think like he does.

BasedTom
01-08-2014, 12:53 AM
Isn't Rodman broke? Like worse than MC Hammer?

He either gets live like a king in North Korea or appear on shitty reality shows in the US every once in a while. I think the choice is pretty clear for him.

BasedTom
01-08-2014, 12:54 AM
It also wouldn't surprise me if Kim was using Rodman as some sort of propaganda figure. I wouldn't be surprised if the Koreans were led to believe that he's our president or lead ambassador.

Seriously, the average sheltered Korean probably sees Rodman and thinks he's looking at a mythical demon

Draz
01-08-2014, 12:56 AM
http://i.eho.st/ppmrnmwc.png

:biggums:

"Man, how many Korea's y'all got?"
:roll:

Will rep when I can :applause:

Lebron23
01-08-2014, 12:59 AM
Rodman better watch his mouth, or Lil Kim might send him to the Guillotine.

Burgz V2
01-08-2014, 02:30 AM
the only thing i found wrong with this video is the behaviour of the reporter. as soon as Charles Smith called him out for baiting Rodman in to an argument he cut off the interview. disgusting and the reason I don't watch the news anymore. Fox, CNN, NBC, CBC, ABC, whatever. they are all the same fear-mongering drivel.

Mirko Cro Cop
01-08-2014, 02:49 AM
If you listen to the entire segment without watching it, you'd think it was a Macho Man Randy Savage promo from the 80's :lol

dude's a straight up lunatic

OG LeeTSkeeT
01-08-2014, 03:07 AM
Dennis Rodman sounds ****ed up..... sounds like he can be on WWE

Myth
01-08-2014, 05:48 AM
Was reading and watching a couple different reactions to this, including Bae's sister calmly expressing that she is upset that Rodman hinted that her brother had done something wrong without Rodman seemingly knowing what he had done. I also read in the same article "North Korea is officially an atheist state and has said religious activities were among Bae's offenses," which was the first time I heard anything about what he had done, and that is just crazy if he was sentenced to 15 years for some religious activity.

The article if curious: http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/07/world/asia/north-korea-dennis-rodman/

And Stern talked about it too, including saying ""This one I believe was a little bit blinded by a flash of North Korean money" and believing Rodman may have been paid with counterfeit money.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/dennis-rodman-defends-north-korea-basketball-game-article-1.1568400#ixzz2pnZj09BN

BlazerRed
01-08-2014, 06:09 AM

Totally Hulk Hogan :roll:

Dennis Rodman has the mind of an infant. He never even answers the questions.. he just babbles on about something totally irrelevant in nonsensical rants. It's clear these guys have been given a decent wad of cash and they obviously aren't going to admit that.

ripthekik
01-08-2014, 06:15 AM
that reporter is an asshole. If dennis was in N.Korea while that interview was going on.. wtf did he expect?? Was he trying to put rodman's life in danger?

Much respect to Charles Smith for speaking it clearly and calling out the asshole reporter. Even if you had good intentions and wanted to have that conversation, you do it when he's back, not when he's there. And not do it in a surprise attack.

KyleKong
01-08-2014, 06:16 AM
that reporter is an asshole. If dennis was in N.Korea while that interview was going on.. wtf did he expect?? Was he trying to put rodman's life in danger?

What does Dennis have to fear? The biggest mass murderer of our generation is his close friend!

Purch
01-08-2014, 06:25 AM
the only thing i found wrong with this video is the behaviour of the reporter. as soon as Charles Smith called him out for baiting Rodman in to an argument he cut off the interview. disgusting and the reason I don't watch the news anymore. Fox, CNN, NBC, CBC, ABC, whatever. they are all the same fear-mongering drivel.
This. Imagine if it was David Stern in Rodman's spot, he would have called the reporter out on his shit after 2 minutes. If you don't belive me, just flashback to the Jim Rome interview. News outlets love when they get the chance to interview notouriosly emotional people, because that's how they can create these sound bites. Push hard enough, and wait for a person to give you headline

AintNoSunshine
01-08-2014, 07:34 AM
not to mention anything about the controversy itself, but damn Rodman does not have one single piece of coherent thought, I don't think he knows what he's even trying to say.

AI Thornton
01-08-2014, 08:14 AM
Just mute this and watch it while listening to Rodman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z838LIaXZc4

Lebowski
01-08-2014, 09:06 AM
What is Rodman and the others doing playing a game to celebrate Kim Jong-un? Are they that poor? Really.. cultural exchange? More of a monetary exchange if anything. I really wished things would turn around for Vin..

This is a funny thread, full of people who seem more agitated by some interview then the fact that you have fellow Americans taking part celebrating Kim ****ing Jong-uns birthday.. Do they have any moral fiber in their body (if that is the expression)?

MavsSuperFan
01-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Yes there is. There are a ton of North Korean defectors. Spanning the range of people from the military, to the communist party, to a prisoner in the north korean gulag known as camp 22. The general consensus is that people in north korea aren't mentally handicapped. they know starving isn't normal. they know that there are much richer countries in the world. in fact illegal immigration into china is a big issue for the chinese. There are were people alive from before Kim Ill Sung took power, that explained what it was like before the Kim's to the younger generation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Dong-hyuk

Shin Dong-hyuk describes how he was subjected to everything from torture and starvation to forced labor. He describes how orwellian the prison camps are. He describes how female prisoners are basically subjected to rape constantly.

The largest NK prison camp has well over 100,000 political prisoners, who are often subjected to torture as punishment, and forced labor as routine.

These people are basically slaves. Sometimes slaves act like they love their masters as a survival tactic.

Rodman's presence in NK telling the NK people how respected and good Kim Jong Un is and even sing happy birthday to him, is a propaganda coup for Kim.

And he is not helping at all. The US already talks to NK through diplomatic back channels.

MavsSuperFan
01-09-2014, 02:07 PM

he is literally visiting a guy with hundreds of thousands of innocent people locked up. And those people are forced to perform hard labor. And the females are raped. And they are tortured. And they are starved purposefully.

Kim Jong Un is at the hitler level of evil.

He shouldnt be going to NK and shouldnt be saying Kim is a, and I quote "great guy". Kim is a mass murderer, mass torturer and has clearly by any reasonable standard performed crimes against humanity. Its like if babe ruth decided to go be friends with hitler in 1932. Babe ruth would be a horrible person, at worst and a idiot at best.

Also the people who are saying that Rodman opens up dialog are so stupid. The US constantly talks with NK diplomats through back/unofficial channels. That is how we get the deals that they constantly renege on

:facepalm Is this guy trying to get Rodman killed? He's obviously not gonna talk about how horrible KJU is while he's in NK.
He comes back to America and talks about how awesome and great kim is.

3peated
01-09-2014, 02:15 PM
i think he wants to be on the FBI/CIA most watched list.