PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony has gradually evolved as a good defender

iDunk
01-07-2014, 11:04 PM
If you don't agree you're ignorant & a hater.

Uchmanmamba24
01-07-2014, 11:07 PM
Yea and he's rebounding has improved

Black and White
01-07-2014, 11:07 PM
Carmelo has gotten way too much hate for his team's record this season

iDunk
01-07-2014, 11:10 PM
He has nothing to do with it. He's been balling, his teammates haven't.

Black and White
01-07-2014, 11:15 PM

Exactly, the dude is still a superstar in my opinion, Durant or LeBron could not save this team either

IncarceratedBob
01-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Melo has been typecast as a chucker who plays no defense. Nothing he can do will change that

Inferno
01-07-2014, 11:28 PM

True.

Fresh Kid
01-07-2014, 11:28 PM
I agree and yes melo's defense and rebounding has improved:applause: he just gotta work on his clutch time minutes in tha 4th tho:facepalm

Knicksfever2010
01-07-2014, 11:54 PM
only took 10 years :facepalm

I<3NBA
01-08-2014, 12:07 AM
Exactly, the dude is still a superstar in my opinion, Durant or LeBron could not save this team either
:lol

Lebron would be making this team a contender.

Black and White
01-08-2014, 12:09 AM

I really don't think so, there is too many issues with the team.

imdaman99
01-08-2014, 12:11 AM
I really don't think so, there is too many issues with the team.
That dude is delusional. I'm sure Lebron would do well with a low IQ chucker like JR Smith :facepalm

Black and White
01-08-2014, 12:12 AM
That dude is delusional. I'm sure Lebron would do well with a low IQ chucker like JR Smith :facepalm

JR Smith makes Mario Chalmers look like a godsend

Fresh Kid
01-08-2014, 12:14 AM

his super stacked team couldn't even win a ring in 2011 tho:roll:

beastee
01-08-2014, 12:17 AM
Melo has been typecast as a chucker who plays no defense. Nothing he can do will change that

Winning a 'ship will. Unfortunately for Knicks fans...It won't be them.

imnew09
01-08-2014, 12:30 AM
He's getting ready for the Lakers :applause:

iDunk
01-08-2014, 08:30 PM
only took 10 years :facepalm
He played good D last year as well. ..so 9

Blue&Orange
01-08-2014, 09:02 PM
every player under woodson have evolved, only idiots don't realize that.

AintNoSunshine
01-09-2014, 01:44 AM
It's only taken him 10 years, quite impressive. He'll be all-D in 56 years at this rate. Congrats, props.

kNIOKAS
01-09-2014, 07:33 AM
Took him a decade.

ImKobe
01-09-2014, 07:36 AM

Agree. Individually he's been good enough, he's just in the wrong situation and unfortunately for Knicks fans I see him leaving. You have JR locked up for 8-9 mil a year :facepalm , Amare's still making 20+ mil for role player minutes and your bench is nonexistant...It is what it is. You lack depth and your starting 5 is not exactly the best in the league. And you don't have any picks...:facepalm

VIntageNOvel
01-09-2014, 08:56 AM
swap bron and melo (melo to heat and bron to nyk)
melo would be in the south beach with 3 rings,
and bron would already join nets

-23-
01-09-2014, 09:12 AM
:coleman:
If you don't agree you're ignorant & a hater.

Maybe because JR stopped untying Melo's shoe laces has something to do with this.

Dagouch
01-09-2014, 10:38 AM
:coleman:

Maybe because JR stopped untying Melo's shoe laces has something to do with this.

That's pretty funny.

Melo does get a lot of hate. Lots of people say he didn't play defense probably only see the highlights. Melo is an average Defender and he's always been able to Rebound the ball.

I wish he could assist more but really who is he really going to pass to. Shumpert has been stepping up so hopefully we will some improvement there.

JohnFreeman
01-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Melo is getting some unfair stick this year because of team record.People forgetting he is one of the best offensive players in the league. Anyway, Melo has never been a great defender but he isn't as bad as everyone says.

Bandito
01-09-2014, 11:02 AM
The problem with the Knicks was that they thought they were getting a playmaker in Melo but he's really not. He needs a PG or a playmaker who can make plays on this team. The better years of him with the Nuggs was when Billups was there. Don't people realize that?

sketchy
01-09-2014, 11:23 AM
The problem with the Knicks was that they thought they were getting a playmaker in Melo but he's really not. He needs a PG or a playmaker who can make plays on this team. The better years of him with the Nuggs was when Billups was there. Don't people realize that?
So true! He's deadly off-ball. There's a reason Melo used to be the unanimous "best-scorer" in the game. He could kill you in the post, his ISO game was money, and when the ball wasn't in his hands (which due to poor coaching and management, we never see anymore) he was a killer spot-up shooter.

Also, been saying for years that Melo's defense is not as bad as it's made out to be. He's a pretty decent man defender because of his length and strength.

Bandito
01-09-2014, 11:26 AM
So true! He's deadly off-ball. There's a reason Melo used to be the unanimous "best-scorer" in the game. He could kill you in the post, his ISO game was money, and when the ball wasn't in his hands (which due to poor coaching and management, we never see anymore) he was a killer spot-up shooter.

Also, been saying for years that Melo's defense is not as bad as it's made out to be. He's a pretty decent man defender because of his length and strength.
I know right. If only they didn't sign Stoudamire back in 2010 was it? That team could've sign CP3 and I can only imagine a team of Chandler/Cp3/Melo...That would be a better version of the 2009 Nuggets.

JohnFreeman
01-09-2014, 11:27 AM

Surely the Knicks could get Rondo somehow. Kyle Lowry could be an option. J.R Smith + Felton for Lowry and maybe a few more pieces.

Bandito
01-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Surely the Knicks could get Rondo somehow. Kyle Lowry could be an option. J.R Smith + Felton for Lowry and maybe a few more pieces.
If the Raptors were dumbasses they should do this trade as the Knicks could benefit from that trade. Heck Jr and Shump could've been a great trade too.

fpliii
01-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Rebounding, yes. Defense, no (unless I'm watching the wrong games on MSG). I'd say he's average on D for his position.

JohnFreeman
01-09-2014, 11:36 AM
If the Raptors were dumbasses they should do this trade as the Knicks could benefit from that trade. Heck Jr and Shump could've been a great trade too.

Wouldn't be a bad way to clean Toronto a little more. Lowry for Felton, Shumpert and World Peace could work. Completely hypothetical though.

Haks
01-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Rebounding, yes. Defense, no (unless I'm watching the wrong games on MSG). I'd say he's average on D for his position.
His off ball defence and perimeter defence havnt been good however,his post defence is better than lebrons/PG/KD

Le Shaqtus
01-09-2014, 11:52 AM

This, whenever I've watched him play he's still not good, but his post D is actually great.

imdaman99
01-09-2014, 12:19 PM
His off ball defence and perimeter defence havnt been good however,his post defence is better than lebrons/PG/KD
This. His off ball defense is shitty and he doesn't box out properly. But he's a really good on ball defender.

fpliii
01-09-2014, 12:23 PM
True, his post D is quite good. I agree.

kurple
01-09-2014, 12:32 PM
melo was never that bad a defender

people just dont watch the nuggets play

SilkkTheShocker
01-09-2014, 12:36 PM
melo was never that bad a defender

people just dont watch the nuggets play

Why would they watch that turd bucket franchise play?