PDA

View Full Version : D-Wade's blatant travel with no call...Discuss

RagingBull33
01-08-2014, 02:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/z6FRlXp.gif
This is getting out of hand.

coin24
01-08-2014, 03:18 AM
Whats wrong with that?:confusedshrug: He only changed pivot foot twice..

Mr. Incredible
01-08-2014, 03:19 AM
LeBron is the GOAT

no pun intended
01-08-2014, 03:20 AM
First 4 steps shouldn't count, but it's a travel nonetheless.

SpaceJammeR
01-08-2014, 03:49 AM
they rarely call this type of travels.

livingby3's
01-08-2014, 03:54 AM
It sucks but there's nothing to discuss

bdreason
01-08-2014, 04:01 AM
What's shocking isn't that they didn't call a travel... but how casually Wade travels without giving a fukc. I mean, he obviously doesn't give a shit about establishing a pivot foot. I don't think I could travel this badly if I tried.

Pushxx
01-08-2014, 04:18 AM
What's shocking isn't that they didn't call a travel... but how casually Wade travels without giving a fukc. I mean, he obviously doesn't give a shit about establishing a pivot foot. I don't think I could travel this badly if I tried.

:lol

andremiller07
01-08-2014, 04:26 AM
TBH those travels that really have no impact on the game they should let go there's already enough stoppages in the game,if the travel leads to an advantage than yeah call it but if it's nothing that impacts the game imo just let it go like they did there.

RoseCity07
01-08-2014, 04:43 AM
I see this all the time in the NBA. I think we've all seen how refs guess when players pump fake then dribble. It's almost an automatic travel if they guy pump faking isn't a star. Yet plays like this get missed.

I see stuff like this at least twice a game. Not this bad but something it is there if you watch the feet of a player waiting to pass or dribble at half court.

Rose'sACL
01-08-2014, 04:58 AM
are you guys idiots ?
wade has been called for travelling about 15+ times this season. stop hating because he plays on heat.
guys like you are the reason i want heat to win because i really hate so many biased haters.

plowking
01-08-2014, 05:03 AM

This. :oldlol:

Its not exactly a call you'd like to see called, just due to the fact hes at the top of the key, nothing is happening, and it'd slow the game down even more. But the fact he clearly doesn't give a shit for the rule, or even try to follow it is quite hilarious. Its as if all that was pushed and told to you as a youngster has just gone away.

I don't even play ball anymore hardly, but I sure as hell don't not bother to establish a pivot foot when playing. Its one of the first things you get called for. Guess that's the NBA for you.

redboy
01-08-2014, 05:11 AM
the nba is about entertainment. i can guarantee that viewer ratings are going to hell if the referees called every travel since the game would be super slow and boring. in the end, the casual fan still wants to see big dunks, tough layups, and 3 point shooting. the nba will always put making money over everything else

ripthekik
01-08-2014, 05:14 AM
Reason he didn't get called is because
1: He's Wade
2: He plays for the Heat
3: He's Lebron's teammate

Magic 32
01-08-2014, 05:17 AM
the nba is about entertainment. i can guarantee that viewer ratings are going to hell if the referees called every .....

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200606180MIA.html

livingby3's
01-08-2014, 05:20 AM
the nba is about entertainment. i can guarantee that viewer ratings are going to hell if the referees called every travel since the game would be super slow and boring. in the end, the casual fan still wants to see big dunks, tough layups, and 3 point shooting. the nba will always put making money over everything else

In that case they should allow players to show attitudes and emotions on the court.

East_Stone_Ya
01-08-2014, 05:57 AM
nothing to discuss..refs missed it.
And they miss a lot worse travels than that

pauk
01-08-2014, 06:09 AM
Dunno about 7 steps, but yes, thats kindof a travel :D

SpanishACB
01-08-2014, 06:13 AM

Yeah beacause it's not like NBA players can play without travelling :facepalm

It would take half a season or so for players to realize that they can't cheat and they would stop doing so (just like they've adapted to the countless rule changes in the sport in America)

chazzy
01-08-2014, 06:13 AM
are you guys idiots ?
wade has been called for travelling about 15+ times this season. stop hating because he plays on heat.
guys like you are the reason i want heat to win because i really hate so many biased haters.
How do you look at that gif and come up with this response. I'm really wondering what the thought process was here

BlazerRed
01-08-2014, 06:59 AM
Wow. That's ****ing horrible.

chazzy
01-08-2014, 07:36 AM
This is now #3 on /r/all :lol

#number6ix#
01-08-2014, 07:40 AM
This type of travel happens multiple times during every game in the nba

poido123
01-08-2014, 09:01 AM
TBH those travels that really have no impact on the game they should let go there's already enough stoppages in the game,if the travel leads to an advantage than yeah call it but if it's nothing that impacts the game imo just let it go like they did there.

I agree.

This travel is not giving any advantage to Wade or his team. It's pretty much a meaningless and harmless travel.

Now, if this was in the play action? Yeah, we have something to look at.

We don't need anymore stoppages than there already is, especially meaningless ones like this.

poido123
01-08-2014, 09:08 AM
How do you look at that gif and come up with this response. I'm really wondering what the thought process was here

:lol

AirFederer
01-08-2014, 09:10 AM
I hate this. Not calling travel here leaves it up to the ref himself to decide when, and which ref you have will then influence the game.

Calls should always be made, if not it becomes to subjectly.

(Sorry, not a native speaker, hope my point gets thru :cheers: )

Rose'sACL
01-08-2014, 09:13 AM
if you have actually watched most games this season then you'd know that all star players have been called for tavelling more than any season in my memory since 2000s.
of course they will not call that travel because it is way out just like they don't call travel on open dunks.
very early 90s was the last time i saw star players called for traveling this much.

Jax
01-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Wade does this every game almost every pass he gets lmao
That's my Flash, making em mad :D

OhNoTimNoSho
01-08-2014, 09:56 AM
I expect my professional basketball players to be professionals and be able to follow basic rules. I'd be pissed if one of my teammates on my intramural team did that. This shit makes the NBA look bad

CeltsGarlic
01-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Omg, yeah, its a travel, but no one calls that in pro ball - no one.

Nothing to see here. You sound like a bunch of amateurs who laugh at stupid things like : "omg did you see that?? they awarded points for the wrong team OMG WTF LULZ!!! oh they switched it back.. But did you see that???!?"

HoopsFanNumero1
01-08-2014, 10:04 AM
That doesn't really give the team any advantage, though when it's that ridiculous, it should be called. Jordan had one just as bad as this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yibQYwITuqA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Now this travel by Duncan definitely did give him an advantage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=invkPdN4hZE

3LiftHeatCurse
01-08-2014, 10:13 AM
It's nothing Kobe Bryant hasn't done :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbMyJz7dSEk

Mass Debator
01-08-2014, 11:45 AM
On point here.

kshutts1
01-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Coming in late, like always, but I agree with this post 100%.

...That being said, having qualifiers like that on calls would give even more power to the officials. I certainly agree with the sentiment, though.

chazzy
01-08-2014, 11:55 AM
if you have actually watched most games this season then you'd know that all star players have been called for tavelling more than any season in my memory since 2000s.
of course they will not call that travel because it is way out just like they don't call travel on open dunks.
very early 90s was the last time i saw star players called for traveling this much.
That's nice, but this play is ridiculous. No defending it - it's not a debatable gather while driving type play.

joeyjoejoe
01-08-2014, 12:00 PM
That looked stupid and should be called whether it be star or scrub, think it would affect the game as its a turnover, if you don't call 7 steps what's next

Mass Debator
01-08-2014, 12:05 PM
That looked stupid and should be called whether it be star or scrub, think it would affect the game as its a turnover, if you don't call 7 steps what's next
Lol it was a change of 2 pivots. Hardly noticeable in the heat of the battle. I don't even know why the gif was counting at the gather for control.

robert de niro
01-08-2014, 12:17 PM
that's not the right perspective we should be looking at this, these are professionals working, this one travel doesn't have any impact in the game so, why do it then? wouldn't it be easier to just stay in the same spot if you grew up respecting these basic rules? there wouldn't need to be more stoppers if players respected these damn easy rules 8yo kids respect on a daily basis, this is definitely a case of referees slacking for a long period of time and that led to spoiled players with bad habits, a good part of the league does it regularly. That's the reason why these plays with no impact should be called, the players grew up respecting them and that's been lost because they stopped calling them at the same rate their salary raised :no:

Mass Debator
01-08-2014, 03:01 PM
that's not the right perspective we should be looking at this, these are professionals working, this one travel doesn't have any impact in the game so, why do it then? wouldn't it be easier to just stay in the same spot if you grew up respecting these basic rules? there wouldn't need to be more stoppers if players respected these damn easy rules 8yo kids respect on a daily basis, this is definitely a case of referees slacking for a long period of time and that led to spoiled players with bad habits, a good part of the league does it regularly. That's the reason why these plays with no impact should be called, the players grew up respecting them and that's been lost because they stopped calling them at the same rate their salary raised :no:
So are you going to call every moving screen? Every over the back? Every loose ball foul? Every 3 step layup? Every everything? What about the players who grab jerseys when posting up or boxing out? Reality is, this is a timed game and the game has to be as free flowing as possible. No one player is thinking, maybe I should take an extra step here or there. I bet you not even 1% of the fans in the stands saw that Wade travel. This play did not disintegrate the integrity of the game. It's the people lurking around trying to find every flaw in the game that is making it worse. The only people that should be complaining is the other team, but if they found nothing wrong with Wade did or at least didn't realize what had happened, it should be a no call. Right call. Move on.

NugzFan
01-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Greatest travel since marjele. I still lol everytime I watch that clip

Ai2death
01-08-2014, 04:19 PM
The funniest part is how he bounced it off his foot with little to no pressure afterwards.

The basketball gods in action :roll:

ZenMaster
01-08-2014, 04:21 PM
This. :oldlol:

Its not exactly a call you'd like to see called, just due to the fact hes at the top of the key, nothing is happening, and it'd slow the game down even more. But the fact he clearly doesn't give a shit for the rule, or even try to follow it is quite hilarious. Its as if all that was pushed and told to you as a youngster has just gone away.

I don't even play ball anymore hardly, but I sure as hell don't not bother to establish a pivot foot when playing. Its one of the first things you get called for. Guess that's the NBA for you.

What do you mean nothing is happening? Wade has the ball looking for a pass, looks like some sort of double down play with players running around screens to get open.
Wade gets better position and better passing angle for each small step, otherwise he wouldn't be doing it.

ispin69
01-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Why's he so lazy, just dribble.

Dro
01-08-2014, 04:52 PM
This...And folks are actually making excuses for it...like the ref couldn't see this..:lol

:Edit-had to go back and read the thread, realizes the only Miami fans not making excuses for it are Pauk and Plowking...Reason why I can't stand this forum half the time. You can show people BLATANT proof of something and they'll just throw their home team glasses on and ignore it..Nobody said he should be suspended and shot...Dude is just asking about the blatant-non call...It won't damage your Heat nutriding skills to just admit, YES HE TRAVELED...Got damn...

Dro
01-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Lol it was a change of 2 pivots. Hardly noticeable in the heat of the battle. I don't even know why the gif was counting at the gather for control.
Are you serious with this? Wait, this is ish, you probably are:lol

yeaaaman
01-08-2014, 05:06 PM

That's the thing I don't get, I mean it would be difficult for any highschooler anywhere to just do that so casually. You'd have to try to travel like that. That's why I don't understand with all the technical practice you'd have to go through for years just to make it so far, that you can have such horrible basic fundamentals at this level. Changing your pivot foot multiple times without even noticing? That goes to show that it took a lot of work by the NBA (years of uncalled travels) to undo those fundamentals.

Actually, I wonder if NBA players actually practice travels in certain circumstances like for a counter move if they know its not called by the league. I mean why not? The triple-drop step could be effective in the post in tight situations.

yeaaaman
01-08-2014, 05:07 PM
Also, how does any defender continue to play defense as if nothing happened?

Solefade
01-08-2014, 05:09 PM
any laker fans in here complaining about refs favoring the heat should immediately gtfo

Black and White
01-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Also, how does any defender continue to play defense as if nothing happened?

Playing to the whistle.

yeaaaman
01-08-2014, 05:12 PM
And for all the people saying "stop complaining it slows down the game" that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's a rule, if you don't want the game to be slowed down by the refs than the players should learn how to play by the rules. They are there for a reason. What's next? He fouled him on a shot he couldn't have made anyways. It was over and back but no one was close he would have got the ball back anyways etc.

yeaaaman
01-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Playing to the whistle.

I know that but without even flinching, it's like he didn't even notice lol. I'd be yelling out travel to the ref while still playing.

Black and White
01-08-2014, 05:18 PM
I know that but without even flinching, it's like he didn't even notice lol. I'd be yelling out travel to the ref while still playing.

He looks so worried about where the screen is coming from or where Wade is passing to to notice the travel lol

highwhey
01-08-2014, 05:21 PM
yall should lookup "hoopmixtape" on instagram, it has a video of the travel with lebron calling the travels "not 2, not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7"

they basically put the audio of lebron when he was telling the miami crowd they were going to win all those titles

:roll:

kamil
01-08-2014, 05:23 PM
...stop hating because he plays on heat...

Followed by..

i really hate so many biased haters.

:rolleyes:

aj1987
01-08-2014, 05:23 PM
That doesn't really give the team any advantage, though when it's that ridiculous, it should be called. Jordan had one just as bad as this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yibQYwITuqA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Now this travel by Duncan definitely did give him an advantage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=invkPdN4hZE
This and this VVV

It's nothing Kobe Bryant hasn't done :

Whose alt are you, bro? Why are you OBSESSED with Kobe?

yall should lookup "hoopmixtape" on instagram, it has a video of the travel with lebron calling the travels "not 2, not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7"
Here's another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfQEBkaUjhU

OldSchoolBBall
01-08-2014, 06:22 PM

:oldlol:

This.

CavaliersFTW
01-08-2014, 06:23 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

TheReal Kendall
01-08-2014, 06:34 PM
If you break a rule they should call it.

I don't care if the game last 10 hours. If a player is breaking rules then call the damn call eventually they will stop and you will get pure basketball again.

This is ridiculous! I can't believe people are defending this crap and say it shouldn't be called.

If you truly love this sport then you would want them to get calls right and not half-ass.

Jameerthefear
01-08-2014, 06:40 PM
He does get an advantage. He gets a better passing angle. Should have been called. No one should be defending this.

CavaliersFTW
01-08-2014, 06:49 PM
If you break a rule they should call it.

I don't care if the game last 10 hours. If a player is breaking rules then call the damn call eventually they will stop and you will get pure basketball again.

This is ridiculous! I can't believe people are defending this crap and say it shouldn't be called.

If you truly love this sport then you would want them to get calls right and not half-ass.
:applause:

G-train
01-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Been happening for 20 years.
But of course a Heat player does it and gif made and everyone up in arms.

Smoke117
01-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Who cares? A ref is never going to call that. It is giving him no advantage at the top of the 3pt line and happens multiple times per game by many different players.

hitmanyr2k
01-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Here's another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfQEBkaUjhU

Goddamn how was that not called a travel? Those weren't even the typical Lebron bunny steps where it's hard to count. He ran to the rim in three obvious gigantic steps :oldlol:

CavaliersFTW
01-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Sorry but it doesn't matter who does it, any player who does that sh*t is going to have a thread about it with people complaining.

ZenMaster
01-08-2014, 07:00 PM

Here's a play where the guy up top is in the same situation as Dwade, how many travels do you see at the top of the key?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxCihOz6_UU&list=PLXWsHGeAyQD67l_3TZ8lEbJ0OjQzcCWtt&index=1

CavaliersFTW
01-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Goddamn how was that not called a travel? Those weren't even the typical Lebron bunny steps where it's hard to count. He ran to the rim in three obvious gigantic steps :oldlol:
In b4 "Gather step!" arguments :oldlol:

And Lebron even coins his traveling the "Crab-Dribble" like it's some sort of move kids should emulate :facepalm

hitmanyr2k
01-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Who cares? A ref is never going to call that. It is giving him no advantage at the top of the 3pt line and happens multiple times per game by many different players.

On many occasions I've seen a player about to pass and have to pull it back, lose his balance, take that extra step and get called for the travel. Happens all the time when a defender is about to gamble for a steal and the passer sees it at the last second.

Doranku
01-08-2014, 07:01 PM
:roll: @ people defending this. Clearly you've never played ball in your life if you think this is okay.

lakerspng
01-08-2014, 07:04 PM

you can't be serious. a ref is going to call that every single time they see it... he just got lucky... but tat's one of the worst travels I've ever seen.

and if you don't think walking 3 steps closer to the basket to improve your passing angle and closing the distance to other players on the court an advantage.. you have issues.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-08-2014, 07:05 PM
:roll: @ people defending this. Clearly you've never played ball in your life if you think this is okay.

This. Whether or not its "harmless" and "doesn't affect the possession", is irrelevant. It's about the leagues integrity. Anybody who's played in leagues growing up would tell you this gets called....all the time.

G-train
01-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Sorry but it doesn't matter who does it, any player who does that sh*t is going to have a thread about it with people complaining.

Where are the other 10 threads from this season?

It's not right and shouldn't happen, but it happens once every couple weeks.

Do I have the footage? No because no one uploads it, cos it's not always Wade, Lebron, Kobe, or whoever. I just watch lots of games and see 5 or 6 steps often.

jzek
01-08-2014, 07:14 PM
This ain't Euroleague.

Replay32
01-08-2014, 07:16 PM

That was pretty bad. :roll:

mans1ay3r
01-08-2014, 07:32 PM
:lol He should have kept going.

chosen_one6
01-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Terribly obvious travel. Unacceptable.

TheReturn
01-08-2014, 08:14 PM
I get that it's unacceptable and it should be cleaned up just to make the game more watchable.. But how does it impact the game really..? (This particular travel)

hitmanyr2k
01-08-2014, 08:21 PM
I get that it's unacceptable and it should be cleaned up just to make the game more watchable.. But how does it impact the game really..? (This particular travel)

The Blazers were denied an extra offensive possession from an obvious missed call? :confusedshrug: What happens if Wade is forced to make that pass instead of being allowed to take an extra step? He pulled it back for a reason.

TheReturn
01-08-2014, 08:27 PM
The Blazers were denied an extra offensive possession from an obvious missed call? :confusedshrug: What happens if Wade is forced to make that pass instead of being allowed to take an extra step? He pulled it back for a reason.
His travel impacting the game, not the made or missed call. I disagree, this is just lazy play from Wade's part, he's not panicking to get rid of the ball or anything. Again, I understand why people strongly feel this should be called, but from a realistic standpoint those 5 seconds did not impact the game at all, so I'm all for play on.

Dro
01-08-2014, 09:34 PM
His travel impacting the game, not the made or missed call. I disagree, this is just lazy play from Wade's part, he's not panicking to get rid of the ball or anything. Again, I understand why people strongly feel this should be called, but from a realistic standpoint those 5 seconds did not impact the game at all, so I'm all for play on.
If you don't think that improved his passing angle, then I don't know what to tell you...If he throws that pass or doesn't improve his passing angle, that can easily be a turnover. I mean, whats next, we let guys get away with blatantly carrying, palming, shooting airballs, committing fouls off the ball, moving screens away from the ball...what we're just not going to call any of that huh:lol

And I agree with the other guys that if you've grown up playing ball all your life like a lot of us have, you have to actually TRY to travel that bad. You can't even do that on accident, lol. Damn near the first thing you learn is to keep your pivot. You learn that in 1st grade if you're playing at that age because I know I was.

Solid Snake
01-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Meh, no advantage was gained by the offensive player.

Dro
01-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Meh, no advantage was gained by the offensive player.
Did you read the thread at all? Of course he gained an advantage, could have easily been a turnover, he pulled that pass back because it probably would've been picked off, then he's allowed to travel to get out of it....Then when he took another step, he was able to get the pass off...

Jameerthefear
01-08-2014, 09:49 PM
I seriously don't understand how you can look at this play and defend this...

Dizzle-2k7
01-08-2014, 10:08 PM
LMAO @ wade's disrespect to the purity and integrity of the GAME I LOVE.

basketball purists are disgusted with this non-call. just more proof the the nba coddles and fondles its players nuts every night.

such a weak sport, imo. very watered down and all hype.. will never surpass NFL or world soccer.

ballup
01-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Both feet are his pivot feet :rolleyes:

PJR
01-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Happens every night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJOG-XmC6O4

^ And that was in a playoff game.

PJR
01-08-2014, 10:20 PM

zoom17
01-08-2014, 10:21 PM
multiple refs are there how can they miss that call.

sekachu
01-09-2014, 12:02 AM

It leads to an advantage to an opposing team possession if the ref call it

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 12:10 AM
Didn't effect the game and I'm happy the refs didn't call it. It was so unimportant that no one would've even noticed if some ass hole that still thinks it's 2011 and that it's cool to hate on the heat hadn't posted it on the internet.

2swift4u
01-09-2014, 04:49 AM
Wade does this kind of stuff all the time. Last night I watched the game against the Pelicans and he did almost the exact same thing. I watched it again and counted the steps - I think he took about 5 steps without dribbling the ball :facepalm