PDA

View Full Version : KD has Brook, deserves MVP. KD doesn't have Brook, lose one game, doesn't deserve MVP

Connor B
01-08-2014, 07:54 AM
The MVP discussion on here is getting pretty inconsistent. I honestly don't know who deserves to win more between Lebron or KD. This is not a thread bashing either of them, I like both of them a lot. But I do think it is unfair for us to criticize KD for the Thunder losing more now because back in December, when he had Westbrook, we were saying he deserved MVP anyway.

That doesn't make any sense. A player has his all-star teammate, team is winning games, and he deserves to win MVP. Same logic applies to Lebron - he has Bosh and Wade, Heat win games, and Lebron deserves MVP. Yet when Westbrook goes down, Thunder start losing games, Durant is "exposed" and doesn't deserve MVP. That is how we argue it on here. Westbrook being out is obviously a huge loss, yet it works against KD in the MVP race every time they lose a game?

Obviously, Westbrook being out is an opportunity for KD to prove himself for the MVP, but if we are going for a "make or break" kind of analysis, then we need to have a way more strict analysis of how they do with an all-star teammate. At the end of the year when people are voting on this, will they look at Westbrook's stats, PER, win shares, etc. to determine how much of an affect he actually had? Ibaka was out last night, shouldn't that help Durant's case for why they lost to the Kings? Because simply making the argument based on winning and losing is retarded.

Pushxx
01-08-2014, 08:13 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321638

This thread is missing double translate.

Connor B
01-08-2014, 08:44 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321638

This thread is missing double translate.

Shit is retarded

plowking
01-08-2014, 08:46 AM
Durant does, hes been better. Its pretty clear cut as well.

pauk
01-08-2014, 09:53 AM
Once Russell Westbrook "departed" it was gona significantly increase or decrease Durants MVP candidacy (only compared to Lebron, its only between those two really)...

Why? If he kept winning at the same rate without Westbrook for a reasonably long time it shows even greater valuability than Lebron as he is now winning just as much with less to work with around him.... simple as that... he would create a great gap between him and Lebron and be the "clear cut MVP"......

BUT.... if the opposite happens to great magnitude you would have to start thinking, about Westbrook's massive importance/valuability.... that he might be just as / if not even arguably more important in order for them to succeed (not as good as KD, but as important)... he was afterall a top 5 MVP candidate just before he departed.... meanwhile Lebron doesnt have a single other such MVP candidate in his team, its HIM and everybody else...... they lose because of HIM, they win because of HIM........ majority of the time there is nobody else to blame or commend but HIM in each & every win or loss.... sure Bosh or Wade might step up greatly occasionally & are important, but not to the same rate & volume as Westbrook (hence the MVP candidacy).... and then ofcourse you have wins/losses.... MVP is about whos game translates to most team success afterall........ so yes, winning is obligatory...... hence Lebron will instead create a gap and be the "clear cut MVP"....

The latter is more closer to what has been happening lately for KD/OKC but only to a very tiny degree, so he is in no danger yet unless that continues happening, its still very close between KD/Lebron, if it all stopped right now you couldnt go wrong with either i think, KD deserves it.... i would probably give it to KD, he is one of my favorite players aswell right now and Lebron has enough of those, im sure he can miss a year without that trophy :P

r15mohd
01-08-2014, 10:02 AM
I say we give him the Kevin treatment...Kevin Love that is, empty stats! :D

Guy Dudebro
01-08-2014, 10:16 AM
LeBron is the MVP till he loses a step. Or the press give Paul George or Kevin Durant a sympathy one.

Lets be really real doe, the press are on LeBron's huge black nuts, he WILL win it again.

Yeah buddy!

r15mohd
01-08-2014, 10:42 AM
LeBron is the MVP till he loses a step. Or the press give Paul George or Kevin Durant a sympathy one.

Lets be really real doe, the press are on LeBron's huge black nuts, he WILL win it again.

Yeah buddy!

why the emphasis? :wtf:

joeyjoejoe
01-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Haters have taken over, no one cares to factor in teammates coaches injuries its all about klove empty stats or cp wcf or failure there seems to be more haters then fans here and its f##kin ridiculous, outside of NBA chatsites people are actually more reasonable

Crafty
01-08-2014, 11:20 AM
He lost 3 of last 5. All without Westbrook

Dave3
01-08-2014, 11:28 AM
He's 6-4 without Westbook. That's too small a sample size to judge either way. If you still wanted to extrapolate that to 82 games for whatever reason, that's still 49 wins, which is a good winning percentage for a team missing an all star point guard.

LeBron on the other hand is something like 4-4 without Wade or something, and while that's again too small of a sample to pay much attention to, it doesn't make LeBron's case any stronger.

As it stands right now, Durant is the front runner for MVP. He's playing very well, and putting up monster numbers on a team headed for 60+ wins. There isn't a reason he doesn't win it if things stay the same.

Burgz V2
01-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Once Russell Westbrook "departed" it was gona significantly increase or decrease Durants MVP candidacy (only compared to Lebron, its only between those two really)...

Why? If he kept winning at the same rate without Westbrook for a reasonably long time it shows even greater valuability than Lebron as he is now winning just as much with less to work with around him.... simple as that... he would create a great gap between him and Lebron and be the "clear cut MVP"......

BUT.... if the opposite happens to great magnitude you would have to start thinking, about Westbrook's massive importance/valuability.... that he might be just as / if not even arguably more important in order for them to succeed (not as good as KD, but as important)... he was afterall a top 5 MVP candidate just before he departed.... meanwhile Lebron doesnt have a single other such MVP candidate in his team, its HIM and everybody else...... they lose because of HIM, they win because of HIM........ majority of the time there is nobody else to blame or commend but HIM in each & every win or loss.... sure Bosh or Wade might step up greatly occasionally & are important, but not to the same rate & volume as Westbrook (hence the MVP candidacy).... and then ofcourse you have wins/losses.... MVP is about whos game translates to most team success afterall........ so yes, winning is obligatory...... hence Lebron will instead create a gap and be the "clear cut MVP"....

The latter is more closer to what has been happening lately for KD/OKC but only to a very tiny degree, so he is in no danger yet unless that continues happening, its still very close between KD/Lebron, if it all stopped right now you couldnt go wrong with either i think, KD deserves it.... i would probably give it to KD, he is one of my favorite players aswell right now and Lebron has enough of those, im sure he can miss a year without that trophy :P

dear pauk,

valuability is not a word.

Regardmently,

Burgz

chazzy
01-08-2014, 12:15 PM

What the hell? You say this as if there was a massive gap between Westbrook and Wade. "one has a MVP candidate and the other is just HIM and everyone else..." :oldlol: never change pauk

HoopsFanNumero1
01-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Why do people even take pauk seriously? Dude's such a clown.

Ken_Masters
01-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Other than field goal percentage, and 3 point percentage, LeBron's numbers are down across the board. He is coasting, and putting forth minimal effort. He gets to take practice shots all game, and never sees double teams because of the talent of the teammates who surround him. Despite all of that, he will still be named MVP because that's what the media wants, when in reality Durant has been a much better player than LeBron this season. Lebron truly has it made. He gets to coast on a stacked team and still rack up MVP trophies.

imdaman99
01-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Lebron loses without Wade and ESPN hypes up Lebron even more for MVP
KD loses without Goatbrook and ESPN hypes up Lebron some more

Dat bias :bowdown:

NumberSix
01-08-2014, 12:38 PM

It's not bias. It's common sense. One is quite obviously better than the other.

Burgz V2
01-08-2014, 12:42 PM
It's not bias. It's common sense. One is quite obviously better than the other.

wow. I never thought that I'd see anyone refer to ESPN as common sense. now i've seen everything. :facepalm

LeBron 06
01-08-2014, 01:30 PM

LeBron proved he could win without Wade during his career..The heat had a great record without Wade in 2012 and 2013.....The Thunder are just 9-10 without Westbrook since last year

I have no problem if KD wins the mvp this year, I am very happy with 4 and I love KD

Rose'sACL
01-08-2014, 01:46 PM

I read an article day before yesterday on espn where they all agreed KD is the clear MVP so far. Why do idiots like you never read those articles?

BigTicket
01-08-2014, 01:47 PM

ESPN insider just posted an article on why Durant is the MVP:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10255212/nba-why-kevin-durant-unseated-lebron-james-mvp-hunt

HoopsFanNumero1
01-08-2014, 01:54 PM
I read an article day before yesterday on espn where they all agreed KD is the clear MVP so far. Why do idiots like you never read those articles?

Because they're idiots.

Droid101
01-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Kevin Durant is the most valuable player this year so far. It's not debatable until LeBron starts trying to destroy teams again like he used to instead of pad his field goal percentage, if he still can.

Ken_Masters
01-08-2014, 02:03 PM
Kevin Durant is the most valuable player this year so far. It's not debatable until LeBron starts trying to destroy teams again like he used to instead of pad his field goal percentage, if he still can.

Agreed. Why should LeBron be awarded MVP when he is clearly coasting and putting forth minimal effort?

moe94
01-08-2014, 02:06 PM
It's almost like people don't even watch LeBron play and just parrot shit they heard from trolls. LeBron, this year, looks about as dominant as he ever did. He's looking like Cleveland LeBron out there. If this is him "coasting", then he's far and away the best player of the last 10 years.

Solefade
01-08-2014, 02:07 PM
It's almost like people don't even watch LeBron play and just parrot shit they heard from trolls. LeBron, this year, looks about as dominant as he ever did. He's looking like Cleveland LeBron out there. If this is him "coasting", then he's far and away the best player of the last 10 years.

honestly though how many people on ISH even have league pass and follow these two players? i feel like everyone just bases shit off what they see off box scores and the national televised games

Ken_Masters
01-08-2014, 02:13 PM

I've watched every Heat game this season. LeBron is coasting. I have no doubts about it. He rarely attacks his man off the dribble. He just floats around the perimeter picking his spots. He is not attacking the defense hardly at all, nor is he attacking the glass. He is coasting.

Solefade
01-08-2014, 05:43 PM
I've watched every Heat game this season. LeBron is coasting. I have no doubts about it. He rarely attacks his man off the dribble. He just floats around the perimeter picking his spots. He is not attacking the defense hardly at all, nor is he attacking the glass. He is coasting.

he's only coasting a little bit but the way you put it is so exaggerated. he's just making the game of basketball look extremely easy/effortless.

NumberSix
01-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Coasting LeBron > trying as hard as he possibly can Durant

KobeRules24
01-08-2014, 05:57 PM
To be quite honest KD is wayyy ahead of LeBron in the MVP race. other than fg% (stat which lebron has been padding to historic proportions) Durant has been better in almost every category. The fact that Miami has the best roster in the league and dont have the best record in their own conference tells me LeBron does not deserve the MVP. The game he missed against Portland was an indication that they can be good without him. KD is the MVP so far but it could change.

TheMarkMadsen
01-08-2014, 05:59 PM
you guys are overreacting over one game where the Thunder were missing their 2 best players other than Durant.

SilkkTheShocker
01-08-2014, 05:59 PM

This.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Solefade
01-08-2014, 06:02 PM

:lol :lol

TheMarkMadsen
01-08-2014, 06:10 PM

obviously Durant has to try harder, he's not in a position to where he can take a a play off, or a game for that matter, and have his team still win the game.

Lebron is surrounded by the most talent in the entire NBA.

His second option averages 20ppg on 54%

His 3rd option gives him 16ppg on 53% per game

All 3 are shooting career highs in FG%..

Durants 2nd option this year averages 21ppg on 42%

his 3rd option gets him 14ppg on 52%

SilkkTheShocker
01-08-2014, 06:13 PM
MarkMadsen = still butthurt LeBron is better than Kobe ever was :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

KobeRules24
01-08-2014, 06:33 PM
obviously Durant has to try harder, he's not in a position to where he can take a a play off, or a game for that matter, and have his team still win the game.

Keep telling it like it is, you know you hit it right on the spot when they don't have any argument other than bring up Kobe. these trolls try too hard

Solefade
01-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Keep telling it like it is, you know you hit it right on the spot when they don't have any argument other than bring up Kobe. these trolls try too hard

Lebron >>>> kobe and your opinion

#factsonly

KobeRules24
01-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Lebron >>>> kobe and your opinion

#factsonly

:kobe:

HoopsFanNumero1
01-08-2014, 07:34 PM

Lebron making everyone on the team better :applause:

Illuminati
01-08-2014, 07:43 PM

So I guess Aldridge has the GOAT teammates huh?

His 2nd option Lillard averaging 22 PPG and 6 APG on 45% from 3 on 7 3PA. (:wtf:)

His 3rd option Matthews averaging 17 PPG on 42% from 3 on 6 3PA.

Both shooting a career high from 3.

Ken_Masters
01-08-2014, 08:49 PM
James has the luxury of coasting, which he's taking full advantage of at the moment. Durant is averaging career highs in rebounds, assists, and steals. If he keeps up his current scoring he will be averaging a career high in scoring as well. While LeBron on the other hand is averaging less rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals than the previous year yet people still want to award him the MVP trophy just because? At this point the media is going to keep awarding him the MVP whether he actually deserves it or not. He deserved it last year. Up to this point this year he does not.