PDA

View Full Version : For people who think lebron lacks actual skill

Im so nba'd out
01-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Im watching highlights of carmelo the way he plays doesn't take anymore skill than the way lebron plays.He scores off catch and shoot 3's and running and jumping in the paint preying for fouls.You dont every see carmelo cross no one over or use crazy footwork in the paint.THE HIGHLIGHTS IM WATCHING THIS SHT DOESN'T TAKE NO F'N SKILL.The man catches the ball 8 feet away from the rim and just rushes to a spot to score.Or he gets bird fed wide open 3's that any good shooter can make.BEST SCORER MY AZZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRxjzACG8U

CavaliersFTW
01-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Im watching highlights of carmelo the way he plays doesn't take anymore skill than the way lebron plays.He scores off catch and shoot 3's and running and jumping in the paint preying for fouls.You dont every see carmelo cross no one over or use crazy footwork in the paint.THE HIGHLIGHTS IM WATCHING THIS SHT DOESN'T TAKE NO F'N SKILL.The man catches the ball 8 feet away from the rim and just rushes to a spot to score.Or he gets bird fed wide open 3's that any good shooter can make.BEST SCORER MY AZZ
You're not watching a thorough highlight reel then. Carmelo is one of the most skilled offensive players in the L.

Black and White
01-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Carmelo is mega underrated here, he is a great player, there is more to him than being a spot-up shooter. He has good footwork, his iso game is what makes him deadly, ask Kobe, he's harder to guard than LeBron in his opinion.

TheMarkMadsen
01-08-2014, 07:14 PM
You're not watching a thorough highlight reel then. Carmelo is one of the most skilled offensive players in the L.

This.

KungFuJoe
01-08-2014, 07:14 PM

I know, right? This NBA game too easy. That's why I take my talents to the local 24 hour.

Im so nba'd out
01-08-2014, 07:17 PM
yes he is a great scorer but he is not the best and the way he scores requires little actual skill.I AM NOT HATING ON HIM HE IS STILL GREAT THE WAY HE SCORES IS JUST OVERRATED HE DOESN'T SCORE A VARIETY OF WAYS LIKE PEOPLE SAY.

Im so nba'd out
01-08-2014, 07:18 PM
I know, right? This NBA game too easy. That's why I take my talents to the local 24 hour.
Compared to other nba players hate people like you.Im obviously not comparing him to a avg pick up player dk face

TMT
01-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Who the hell thinks Lebron lacks actual skill? :wtf:

Im so nba'd out
01-08-2014, 07:19 PM
I get in arguments all the time of people who think lebron is only good because he is so big and fast believe it or not..Some people say his only real skill is he is a good passer.People will find any way to hate him

Black and White
01-08-2014, 07:20 PM
yes he is a great scorer but he is not the best and the way he scores requires little actual skill.I AM NOT HATING ON HIM HE IS STILL GREAT THE WAY HE SCORES IS JUST OVERRATED HE DOESN'T SCORE A VARIETY OF WAYS LIKE PEOPLE SAY.

Which highlight package are you watching?, Melo is extremely polished offensively, 3pt range, deadly midrange game, great finisher at the rim, one of the best iso players.

TMT
01-08-2014, 07:21 PM
I get in arguments all the time of people who think lebron is only good because he is so big and fast believe it or not..Some people say his only real skill is he is a good passer.People will find any way to hate him

Those people would be called trolls. Learn to ignore them and your ISH experience will be much more pleasant.

/thread

Im so nba'd out
01-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Those people would be called trolls. Learn to ignore them and your ISH experience will be much more pleasant.

/thread
I was talking about real life honestly i dont click hate threads of players too often

Trollsmasher
01-08-2014, 07:23 PM
a surprisingly big amount of people and not only trolls

Im so nba'd out
01-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Which highlight package are you watching?, Melo is extremely polished offensively, 3pt range, deadly midrange game, great finisher at the rim, one of the best iso players.
I dont really need to watch a specific highlight package i can watch him play anytime a knicks game is on and he plays the same way.Bird fed wide open 3's or bully ball in the paint but people hate on harden/durant for getting freethrows or lebron for only shooting in the paint.

Black and White
01-08-2014, 07:28 PM
I dont really need to watch a specific highlight package i can watch him play anytime he a knicks game on and he plays the same way.Bird fed wide open 3's or bully ball in the paint but people hate on harden/durant for getting freethrows or lebron for only shooting in the paint.

As I said, Melo is extremely polished offensively, whats wrong with him playing bully ball? He uses his strengths to his advantage, but the beauty of his game is he also has a finesse side to it, he can kill you in so many ways. And LeBron SHOULD score in the paint, I don't see what the problem is there?

Im so nba'd out
01-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Its nothing wrong with it i just dont see how anyone can call someone who plays like that the best scorer.You stay on him off the ball and take away the birdseeds(aka wide open 3) and trap him in the post the man wont get 12 points thats my only point.You take away durant fts he would still score.

Trollsmasher
01-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Its nothing wrong with it i just dont see how anyone can call someone who plays like that the best scorer.You stay on him off the ball and take away the birdseeds(aka wide open 3) and trap him in the post the man wont get 12 points thats my only point.You take away durant fts he would still score.
Let's not be ridiculous:coleman:

ClutchOver9000
01-08-2014, 07:41 PM
:roll: is this real life?

Black and White
01-08-2014, 07:42 PM

The fact that Melo is still putting up numbers when he is the opposing defenses ONLY concern should say something. He literally has nothing to pass to yet he is the #3 scorer in the league.

Im so nba'd out
01-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Let's not be ridiculous:coleman:
Sht'ing its no way to stop him he's always gona be able to score.Nothing u can do with a 6'10 sg who has actual skill.He will either cross you or shoot right over you he is unguardable

Black and White
01-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Sht'ing its no way to stop him he's always gona be able to score.Nothing u can do with a 6'10 sg who has actual skill.He will either cross you or shoot right over you he is unguardable

:biggums:

Im so nba'd out
01-08-2014, 07:45 PM
:roll: is this real life?
Stop listening to espn and watch how he scores with your own eyes it doesnt take a skillset.Ill give that he is a great finisher around the basket.

Im so nba'd out
01-08-2014, 07:45 PM
:biggums:
come on black and white he is basically a shooting guard...........:rolleyes:

Andrei89
01-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Carmelo is very skilled offensively...

you should watch a game instead of highlight reels.

Black and White
come on black and white he is basically a shooting guard...........:rolleyes:

Well yea, he plays like a SG for sure

Bandito
I was talking about real life honestly i dont click hate threads of players too often
He met 9erempire IRL yo! POst a pic of him here.

ClutchOver9000
01-08-2014, 07:49 PM
watch how he scores with your own eyes it doesnt take a skillset.

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_medium/767/7672287/2409783-6845402529-bande.gif

Black and White
01-08-2014, 07:50 PM
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_medium/767/7672287/2409783-6845402529-bande.gif

:roll:

Illuminati
01-08-2014, 07:50 PM
3rd all-time in PPG but he has no skill. :roll: What haters/trolls usually say is he scores because he's bigger than everyone and drives to the hoop for two every time, he has no skill. Then what the **** did Wilt do? Way bigger than everyone in his time. Made a lay-up every single basket. No skill.

LeBron's skills are underrated.

Im so nba'd out
01-08-2014, 07:55 PM
funny how long you been waiting to use that gif bro?Like i said he is a good scorer just doesn't take much skill the way he plays anyone who is a great shooter and aggressive can score like him.He has no handles and no feetwork.Hey he did find a way to score so i cant knock him just beat your man to a spot and go up.That gets him 20+ ppg every season in the nba can't knock that

Im so nba'd out
01-08-2014, 08:00 PM
3rd all-time in PPG but he has no skill. :roll: What haters/trolls usually say is he scores because he's bigger than everyone and drives to the hoop for two every time, he has no skill. Then what the **** did Wilt do? Way bigger than everyone in his time. Made a lay-up every single basket. No skill.

LeBron's skills are underrated.
He's a great scorer what do you want me to say? sht shawn marion can give you 20 a game doesn't mean it requires alot of skill.

Black and White
01-08-2014, 08:00 PM
funny how long you been waiting to use that gif bro?Like i said he is a good scorer just doesn't take much skill the way he plays anyone who is a great shooter and aggressive can score like him.He has no handles and no feetwork.Hey he did find a way to score so i cant knock him just beat your man to a spot and go up.That gets him 20+ ppg every season in the nba can't knock that

I disagree with this so much, his footwork is up there with the best in the league.

Im so nba'd out
01-08-2014, 08:01 PM
I disagree with this so much, his footwork is up there with the best in the league.
kobe has feetwork i dont think of melo when i think of feetwork.

Mr. Jabbar
01-08-2014, 08:03 PM
op doesnt provide footage, convinient..

Illuminati
01-08-2014, 08:03 PM
He's a great scorer what do you want me to say? sht shawn marion can give you 20 a game doesn't mean it requires alot of skill.

Marion needs a good PG for him to average 20ppg. That doesn't make him a good scorer.

Black and White
01-08-2014, 08:06 PM
kobe has feetwork i dont think of melo when i think of feetwork.

Of course you think of Kobe when you talk about footwork, he is the best in the league at it, doesn't take away from Melo, you can't have an elite midrange game without footwork.

hitmanyr2k
01-08-2014, 08:07 PM

I've watched Melo play quite a bit and I wouldn't call him a "great" finisher by any stretch. Average is more like it. He doesn't know how to take his time in the paint. He tends to rush his shot and brick a shot he should make more often than not.

Im so nba'd out
01-08-2014, 08:09 PM
I've watched Melo play quite a bit and I wouldn't call him a "great" finisher by any stretch. Average is more like it. He doesn't know how to take his time in the paint. He tends to rush his shot and brick a shot he should make more often than not.
THANK YOU he runs and jumps in a paint preys for a foul.If that doesnt happen he gets the reb and keeps going up til he scores.THATS A NBA CALIBER SKILL SET?Stop listening to espn and watch the games yourself people.
He also isn't a great iso player he has no handles he just has a quick 1st step and people have to respect his jumper so much he blows by people.

I will give melo that he is a GREAT SPOT UP SHOOTER.

Im so nba'd out
01-08-2014, 08:18 PM
op doesnt provide footage, convinient..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRxjzACG8U you happy? We all watch carmelo play but if you need video evidence there you go.We need to stop saying he has this great offensive skill set.Bird fed wide open 3's bully ball and he is effective at that dont get me wrong but he's no durant

TheGreatDeraj
01-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Lebron is said to lack skill compared to the other elite perimeter players like Jordan, Kobe, Magic and Bird.

Those guys had every move in the book.

Blue&Orange
01-08-2014, 10:32 PM
didn't see any easy dunk on a fastbreak that's like 90% of Lebron offensive possessions.

Lebron23
01-08-2014, 10:37 PM
didn't see any easy dunk on a fastbreak that's like 90% of Lebron offensive possessions.

Are you really sure about that??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2BTYBCiBew

Game 7 of the 2013 NBA Finals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6szZ4hbumT0

lpublic_enemyl
01-08-2014, 10:46 PM
lebron is a more skilled offensive player than melo, melo has more ways to score.

Stringer Bell
01-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Well only an idiot would see Lebron lacks actual skill.

I remember people used to say that about Shaq, how it was all his size and strength.

He was still more skilled than most of the centers in the game.

OhNoTimNoSho
01-09-2014, 03:15 PM
No one, OP sucks cocks

Im so nba'd out
01-09-2014, 03:30 PM
No one, OP sucks cocks
alot of people think he is only good cause of how big fast and strong he is.also im not your mother

dr.hee
01-09-2014, 03:32 PM

Now I completely understand that people recovering from severe brain trauma need to practice a lot in order to regain their language skills. So no offense, but dude...you'll need a lot of therapy before your're speaking english well enough again to survive outside of your hospital bed. Good luck :cheers:

Im so nba'd out
01-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Now I completely understand that people recovering from severe brain trauma need to practice a lot in order to regain their language skills. So no offense, but dude...you'll need a lot of therapy before your're speaking english well enough again to survive outside of your hospital bed. Good luck :cheers:
Its the internet not english class..eat one

dr.hee
01-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Its the internet not english class..eat one

Actually, that's my new year's resolution...always looking for the good in people. So I read your original post and assumed this has to be the effort of someone recovering from brain damage, which is something I'd have to respect. Takes a lot of confidence to start a conversation with other people despite a total lack of language skills. You see last year, I would've assumed you're just a mindless casual NBA watching Lebron fanboy talking nonsense about a game he knows nothing about. But I tried to have a more positive outlook.

So if you're actually not brain damaged and just naturally dumb as a brick, I offer my sincerest apologies and correct myself...OP is a ph@ggot :cheers:

Im so nba'd out
01-09-2014, 05:37 PM
Actually, that's my new year's resolution...always looking for the good in people. So I read your original post and assumed this has to be the effort of someone recovering from brain damage, which is something I'd have to respect. Takes a lot of confidence to start a conversation with other people despite a total lack of language skills. You see last year, I would've assumed you're just a mindless casual NBA watching Lebron fanboy talking nonsense about a game he knows nothing about. But I tried to have a more positive outlook.

So if you're actually not brain damaged and just naturally dumb as a brick, I offer my sincerest apologies and correct myself...OP is a ph@ggot :cheers:
what it taste like?

CavaliersFTW
01-09-2014, 06:39 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

red1
01-09-2014, 06:40 PM
he lacks hair follicles thats for sure

LilEddyCurry
01-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Isn't it a skill to control his body the way he does?

red1
01-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Isn't it a skill to control his body the way he does?
typical bron stan

dr.hee
01-09-2014, 06:58 PM
what it taste like?

Did you mean...

What does it taste like?

What, it tastes like *insert taste*?

(Do you like) what it tastes like?

But let's leave OP's struggle with aphasia aside for a minute and switch to another topic...

sht shawn marion can give you 20 a game doesn't mean it requires alot of skill.

I don't know how long you've been in your coma, but dropping 20 a game in the NBA has always required quite a lot of skill. Especially with the shooting form of a 6 year old.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/06/03/sports/03marion_span/03marion_span-articleLarge.jpg

There would've been some at least semi tolerable examples of players who aren't that skilled compared to their competition (mostly hyper athletic bigs, which isn't related to scoring SFs , but still better than OPs nonsense)...but out of all the five to six NBA players OP probably knows, he's choosing...Shawn Marion? The guy hitting ridiculous no look floaters and jumpshots releasing the ball at chest level? A player pulling off a spin layup against Lebron in the NBA finals? A 22/12 player back in his prime still dropping 11/7 on 50% shooting at age 35?

And OP is telling us that this doesn't require skill? Amazing :applause:

Ai2death
01-09-2014, 06:59 PM
OP, first, just cause a lot of people say something, doesn't make it true or happen.

Second. Welcome to ignore you dumbass.

:lol

Im so nba'd out
01-09-2014, 07:13 PM
i like how you keep writing paragraphs back to everything i say rofl.I meant what does my p**** taste like in your mouth?
Shawn marion got 22 points from running the floor and getting bird fed points that doesn't take skills no matter how you try to spin it.If you run the floor with steve nash your probably going to score especially if your a 6'8 pf that no other power forward can keep up with.im just going to ignore your breakdown of his shot because that has nothing to do with anything i said...........

OhNoTimNoSho
01-09-2014, 07:55 PM
alot of people think he is only good cause of how big fast and strong he is.also im not your mother
No they don't.

dr.hee
01-09-2014, 08:02 PM
I meant what does my p**** taste like in your mouth?

We never even met, so I don't know. You must confuse me with probably a whole lot of other dudes.

But you're absolutely right that it takes no skill to play like Marion or Anthony. Athleticism is all that matters. That's why the best players of the last decade are James White, Stromile Swift, Javale McGee and Joe Alexander.

Come on now, stop thinking about d!ck all the time and start watching basketball :cheers:

Im so nba'd out
01-09-2014, 08:33 PM
We never even met, so I don't know. You must confuse me with probably a whole lot of other dudes.

But you're absolutely right that it takes no skill to play like Marion or Anthony. Athleticism is all that matters. That's why the best players of the last decade are James White, Stromile Swift, Javale McGee and Joe Alexander.

Come on now, stop thinking about d!ck all the time and start watching basketball :cheers:
your still writing me back a paragraph everytime you respond rofl so sad.Kid im not going back and forth with you. what you just want the last word you got it

JohnFreeman
01-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Whoever says LeBron isn't skilled is an idiot or troll. Carmelo is still one of the best offensive players in the league.

bizil
01-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Lebron is a great scorer, one of the greatest scorers of all time. That's evident by his PPG, career scoring numbers, and FG%. But guys like Melo, Durant, and Kobe have MORE COMPLETE SCORING SKILLSETS! It's two different things. That's not to say Bron doesn't have a sick scoring skillset. But it's not quite on the level of the other guys I named. Mainly due to footwork and/or shooting. Or maybe due to those guys thinking score first. While Bron is similar to a Big O in that they are pass first guys who get 27-30 points a night in their sleep. So basically u have great skill and u have great technical skill. Lebron is as skilled as anybody scoring due to his numbers. But in terms of technical scoring facets, guys like Durant or Melo have the edge in that sense.

pauk
01-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Name those few posters here who say that and you will immediately understand why..... in reality Lebron is overall easily the most skilled player in the league...

dr.hee
01-09-2014, 08:44 PM
your still writing me back a paragraph everytime you respond rofl so sad.Kid im not going back and forth with you. what you just want the last word you got it

Thanks for the last word. Oh by the way, you're writing me back a paragraph everytime, too. We have so much in common :cheers:

moe94
01-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the last word. Oh by the way, you're writing me back a paragraph everytime, too. We have so much in common :cheers:
It should be illegal to be as sarcastic as you.:oldlol:

STATUTORY
01-09-2014, 08:50 PM

stopped right there, stop reading box scores and watching highlights and actually watch the entire game

pauk
01-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Hell just one of those skills he has is one of the greatest of all time and in my opinion the best from any non-PG in NBA history, namely the vision/passing skills/playmaking..... then you add his scoring arsenal all the way from the paint, post to the perimeter he does literally anything successfully right now, ballhandling/control, bodycontrol, footwork, close/midrange/perimeter J's and so on, you name it.... yes even in the POST Lebron is a master right now and FACTUALLY the greatest post player in the NBA, have a look: http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-01-08/lebron-james-post-up-miami-heat-eastern-conference-scout-stats-efficiency-mvp-nba-championship
Then you have the offensive & defensive intangibles/IQ & leadership, which qualifies as "skills" aswell.....

There is nobody more skilled in the NBA...

Black and White
01-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Name those few posters here who say that and you will immediately understand why..... in reality Lebron is overall easily the most skilled player in the league...

I would say that Melo has more offensive tools than LeBron, scoring wise, would you not agree?

Droid101
01-09-2014, 09:20 PM
Someone doesn't understand the difference between basic physical traits and skill. :roll:

Im so nba'd out
01-09-2014, 09:21 PM
if you think lebron don't have haters who think he is only good because of his athleticism try leaving your house and actually talking to people.He has people who hate on him for any reason they can come up with

Ai2death
01-09-2014, 09:22 PM
if you think lebron don't have haters who think he is only good because of his athleticism try leaving your house and actually talking to people.He has people who hate on him for any reason they can come up with

Maybe you should stop hanging out with idiots?

Im so nba'd out
01-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Maybe you should stop hanging out with idiots?
i won't stop hanging with someone because they hate on a sports figure...maybe you should get your priorities straight :facepalm

Ai2death
01-09-2014, 09:33 PM
i won't stop hanging with someone because they hate on a sports figure...maybe you should get your priorities straight :facepalm

Haters know Lebron is good, not just based on athleticism, the ones that don't are called trolls.

The people you hang out with are idiots.

Some of my friends don't like Lebron, not because his skill or stats but because of his other qualities. Such as flopping or such.
Sometimes people just don't like some one.
But if they can't acknowledge that Lebron actually has a skill set, than they're idiots.

Im so nba'd out
01-09-2014, 09:35 PM
As I said, Melo is extremely polished offensively, whats wrong with him playing bully ball? He uses his strengths to his advantage, but the beauty of his game is he also has a finesse side to it, he can kill you in so many ways. And LeBron SHOULD score in the paint, I don't see what the problem is there?
I said plenty of times there is nothing wrong with the way he plays if you can get 20 + ppg from spot up 3's and over powering people good sht.He's just not the most skilled player in my eyes in the league.I take back what i said about him not being a great 1 on 1 player sometimes you want to prove a point so bad you dont think about what your saying.

Im so nba'd out
01-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Haters know Lebron is good, not just based on athleticism, the ones that don't are called trolls.

The people you hang out with are idiots.

Some of my friends don't like Lebron, not because his skill or stats but because of his other qualities. Such as flopping or such.
Sometimes people just don't like some one.
But if they can't acknowledge that Lebron actually has a skill set, than they're idiots.
yayayaya cool story did not read...........

MJistheGOAT
01-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Is Lebron skillful?? Yes, of course
Is Lebron surviving when his athleticism decline?? Yes
Will he be an elite player ala MJ or Kobe?? Time will tell, I think not.

If we re discussing court vision, passing and floor general skills, he is elite, one of the best non-PG
In scoring skill, he is far away from players like KD, Carmelo or Kobe. He depends a lot on raw talent, and yes, he has gotten a lot better in post game but not act like he is MJ, Kobe, Hakeem or Kareem.

masonx20
01-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Lebron has more flaws then any of those players you mentioned. Why do you think Miami is bringing so much talent to south beach? So that his flaws can be covered while people think of him as God.

Is Lebron skillful?? Yes, of course
Is Lebron surviving when his athleticism decline?? Yes
Will he be an elite player ala MJ or Kobe?? Time will tell, I think not.

If we re discussing court vision, passing and floor general skills, he is elite, one of the best non-PG
In scoring skill, he is far away from players like KD, Carmelo or Kobe. He depends a lot on raw talent, and yes, he has gotten a lot better in post game but not act like he is MJ, Kobe, Hakeem or Kareem.