PDA

View Full Version : Gay as a King so far

Eric Cartman
01-08-2014, 07:44 PM
He got his ass handed to him because he didn't shoot that well in Toronto being called a inefficient chucker cancer type player.

Well so far with the Kings (13 games) he is averaging 20 points a game with OVER 50% shooting. Compared to the 38% he shot in Toronto this is a massive upgrade and impressive for a perimeter player. 3 turnovers a game is still pretty bad tho.

Let's get Gay fever everybody!

Levity
01-08-2014, 07:47 PM
gaysanity?

andremiller07
01-08-2014, 07:48 PM
He's been the perfect #2nd option so far and his passing in the pick n roll is better than I thought, if the team's guards can play any defence or if one of the biggest was a good help defender team would be a lot better.

But yeah honestly so far nothing to complain about with Rudy he's been very solid he's crushed the likes of Parsons x2, Batum and Lenoard.

veilside23
01-08-2014, 07:49 PM
He got his ass handed to him because he didn't shoot that well in Toronto being called a inefficient chucker cancer type player.

Well so far with the Kings (13 games) he is averaging 20 points a game with OVER 50% shooting. Compared to the 38% he shot in Toronto this is a massive upgrade and impressive for a perimeter player. 3 turnovers a game is still pretty bad tho.

i think the effect of this because gay is the clear 3 starter as a king . we was like this when we was with memphis however with toronto they had derozan and the slamdunk champ terrence ross and landry fields... they were loaded with SF so that kinda made gay uncomfortable if i must say :D

SpecialQue
01-08-2014, 07:49 PM

:whatever:

Legends66NBA7
01-08-2014, 07:50 PM
He's taking about 4 less shots a game now too. Strange, his 3 point shooting wasn't really an issue this season in Toronto (37.3%), but has gone down 10% with the Kings. Looks like his help defense has made a nice transition.

Cousins takes off some pressure for Gay, I think that's what helps him produce better, a scoring big. Just like the Memphis duo of Gasol and Randolph.

andremiller07
01-08-2014, 07:51 PM
He's taking about 4 less shots a game now too. Strange, his 3 point shooting wasn't really an issue this season in Toronto (37.3%), but has gone down 10% with the Kings. Looks like his help defense has made a nice transition.

Cousins takes off some pressure for Gay, I think that's what helps him produce better, a scoring big. Just like the Memphis duo of Gasol and Randolph.
What was his passing / playmaking ability like for the Raps when he was not missing 27 shots?

Levity
01-08-2014, 07:51 PM
gays taking a lot more shots closer to the basket, where hes pretty much been on lock. its actually a joy to watch.

SpecialQue
01-08-2014, 07:53 PM

Fun fact: in the early years before anyone knew what it was, AIDS was called "Gay Cancer."

Budadiiii
01-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Homosexual references remain a staple for comedy.

SyRyanYang
01-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Fun fact: a lot of the kings were gay.

Legends66NBA7
01-08-2014, 07:59 PM
What was his passing / playmaking ability like for the Raps when he was not missing 27 shots?

Not very good, but he certainly has that ability to give you 4-5 assists a night at times. It seemed like there wasn't much spacing to begin with to make the playmaking happen. It's also the mentality of Gay too... I think he would rather try to force the issue than to set up a teammate. If you ever get chance to look at his scouting report when he was coming out of UCONN, I've debated before that he's taken a lot of the scouting critics to heart about him being "too passive" and "not enough of a leader".

I was more concerned about how his finishing at the rim was so horrible. I'm actually impressed at how much DeMar DeRozan has upped his passing/playmaking since Gay has left. He's definitely more of a team player than Gay, as most Raptor fans would agree.

Micku
01-08-2014, 08:05 PM
A Gay King is better than a Gay Raptor. Who would've thought it.

Eric Cartman
01-08-2014, 08:32 PM
gays taking a lot more shots closer to the basket, where hes pretty much been on lock. its actually a joy to watch.

So true. The Gay Cousins combination going inside has been great. They seem to work well together.

moe94
01-08-2014, 09:00 PM
:whatever:
:roll: :applause:

I didn't even think of that and took the post very seriously.

Lebron23
01-08-2014, 09:44 PM
He prefers playing in the western conference, but seriously he's no longer the focal point of their offense. He was also an efficient scorer in Memphis because he's playing with 2 quality big men.

jzek
01-08-2014, 10:14 PM
King James vs King Gay

cuad
01-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Rudy Gay's pull up jumper from 10-15 feet is insane.

VIntageNOvel
01-08-2014, 11:05 PM
He's been the perfect #2nd option so far and his passing in the pick n roll is better than I thought, if the team's guards can play any defence or if one of the biggest was a good help defender team would be a lot better.

But yeah honestly so far nothing to complain about with Rudy he's been very solid he's crushed the likes of Parsons x2, Batum and Lenoard.

not level one tier (bran, durant, george), but thats quite an elite list of sf there

DuMa
01-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Its insane how big he's gotten. some nights he looks as tall and thick as Cousins.

NLZ
01-08-2014, 11:11 PM
"Since the trade"

everyone in the NBA knows that quote refers to how well the Raptors have performed since they've got rid of Rudy. Come on now.

VIntageNOvel
01-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Its insane how big he's gotten. some nights he looks as tall and thick as Cousins.

:coleman:

rhowen4
01-09-2014, 03:07 AM
i'm sure he's extra motivated by the improved play of the raptors

GoRapz
01-09-2014, 03:26 AM
The offensive system just didn't work out for him in Toronto. I also think he felt added pressure being "the man" in Toronto. It sucks because I really wanted things to work out for him here. I even bought a Rudy Gay t-shirt jersey :facepalm I look at the way he's being utilized in Sac and I just don't get why he wasn't given more plays in the post in Toronto.

I'm happy for Rudy though, he has all the tools to be a top 5 SF in the league and I hope he can bring his game up to another level in Sac.

Dave3
01-09-2014, 03:27 AM
I'm happy for him actually. Unfortunate that things didn't work out here, but I'm glad he's doing well elsewhere. I was a fan of his before he came to Toronto, and will continue to be now.

NustABut
01-09-2014, 03:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RXaERVhNuU

Im also not a big gay guy

JohnFreeman
01-09-2014, 05:16 AM
I enjoy watching him play on the King's. Would like too see Derrick Williams still getting minutes though. Hopefully King's can acquire Andre Miller for some veteran leadership.

Eric Cartman
01-09-2014, 06:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RXaERVhNuU

Im also not a big gay guy

steve lavin's face

:roll: :roll: :roll: