PDA

View Full Version : Boston has interest in Hayward..

poido123
01-08-2014, 08:03 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-trade-rumor-boston-celtics-want-utah-jazz-184400719--nba.html

Couldn't find this posted anywhere.

I just don't see why though. They will be paying the top price for him and lose alot of assets to get him in a trade since Utah really don't want to trade him..

MP.Trey
01-08-2014, 08:11 PM
My guess is the fact that the same man who coached Hayward in college at Butler is coaching the Celtics right now has a lot to do with it. I can see the fit, but like you said OP, you don't want to overpay and/or give up too many assets.

Eric Cartman
01-08-2014, 08:13 PM
The team that pays him is gonna be stuck in mediocrity at best for the duration of his contract.

Another Eric Gordon type of situation except that the person in question is white.

Pushxx
01-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Hayward is a $7 million player who will receive $11 million a year.

Go owners!!!

poido123
01-08-2014, 08:24 PM
My guess is the fact that the same man who coached Hayward in college at Butler is coaching the Celtics right now has a lot to do with it. I can see the fit, but like you said OP, you don't want to overpay and/or give up too many assets.

A steep price to pay for a 'Butler connection' I would think...

Hopefully Celts come to their senses and wait for a better target.

TheGreatDeraj
01-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Next Larry Bird

poido123
01-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Next Larry Bird

:dancin :crazysam:

Pushxx
01-08-2014, 08:26 PM
A steep price to pay for a 'Butler connection' I would think...

Hopefully Celts come to their senses and wait for a better target.

Who says they lost their senses? What do we know Ainge is thinking/offering? Bill Simmons certainly doesn't know. lol

It salts my onions when people assume how general managers are valuing players and possible trades. Like anybody knows.

SilkkTheShocker
01-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Boston fans love themselves some white athletes. He would be considered a demi god in that city.

poido123
01-08-2014, 08:30 PM

Go owners!!!

I like Hayward, very skilled player. Can be a bit inconsistent, perhaps that has to do with being the number 1 option for his team for the first time.

If Deng is worth 10-12 mil, so is Hayward I would think. Deng is getting paid 14 mill this year? =

poido123
01-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Who says they lost their senses? What do we know Ainge is thinking/offering? Bill Simmons certainly doesn't know. lol

It salts my onions when people assume how general managers are valuing players and possible trades. Like anybody knows.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story :lol

Derka
01-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Would love to have him. He's the offensive focal point in Utah right now, but in Boston he would be a good piece to add depending on the price.

If the price is too steep, I don't have a problem with Danny saying no.

NumberSix
01-08-2014, 08:46 PM
I though pedo was banned doe?

moe94
01-08-2014, 08:48 PM
:oldlol:

VIntageNOvel
01-08-2014, 11:09 PM

who do you mean, poido or jameer?

QuebecBaller
01-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Next Larry Bird

In 10 years we will say: "If Larry Bird never had injuries, do you think he could have been better than Prime Hayward?" :D

KyrieTheFuture
01-08-2014, 11:26 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, which is very possible, but isn't his strongest aspect his off the ball movement/catch and shoot? That seems like quite a good person to put next to rondo.

knickballer
01-09-2014, 12:15 AM

Go owners!!!

TBH, if a team only ends up paying $11mil for him than I think that's a very good price. He's going to go for more considering he's 23, improving and going to hit FA. If guys like Channing Frye and Drew Gooden can demand nearly $7mil/yr in the FA market that Gordon can sure as hell demand almost twice as that.

Boston is trying to trade for him since he's a restricted FA. Utah will most likely match anything they offer. Celts can be in a great position next year.. Tank for top 3 pick, sign/trade Hayward, get Rondo back, trade for another guy in exchange for their second first rounder and add that to the current crop of guys.

I know it's completely hypothetical but imagine this lineup:
Rondo
Hayward
Wiggins
Sullinger
Asik

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-09-2014, 12:25 AM
what team wouldnt be interested in hayward?

Pushxx
01-09-2014, 12:27 AM
TBH, if a team only ends up paying $11mil for him than I think that's a very good price. He's going to go for more considering he's 23, improving and going to hit FA. If guys like Channing Frye and Drew Gooden can demand nearly $7mil/yr in the FA market that Gordon can sure as hell demand almost twice as that.

Boston is trying to trade for him since he's a restricted FA. Utah will most likely match anything they offer. Celts can be in a great position next year.. Tank for top 3 pick, sign/trade Hayward, get Rondo back, trade for another guy in exchange for their second first rounder and add that to the current crop of guys.

I know it's completely hypothetical but imagine this lineup:
Rondo
Hayward
Wiggins
Sullinger
Asik

That contract is how GMs paste themselves in mediocrity. Unless 7 feet tall, only two-way players should make more than $10 million in this league. Hayward is not that.

CelticBaller
01-09-2014, 01:17 AM
Boston fans love themselves some white athletes. He would be considered a demi god in that city.
Big papi almost won the mayor race and he ain't even white :lol

Hayward for senator/mayor

veilside23
01-09-2014, 02:14 AM
what team wouldnt be interested in hayward?

this .. they might actually use him to get the first pick. i dont know why utah is so high on parker... at this point hayward can actually produce what parker will or might. he also is no slouch on defense.

poido123
01-09-2014, 02:28 AM

I was banned for pretty much doing what you're doing now.

Stirring up people...Not like anybody else is doing it right? :rolleyes:

JimmyMcAdocious
01-09-2014, 02:44 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, which is very possible, but isn't his strongest aspect his off the ball movement/catch and shoot? That seems like quite a good person to put next to rondo.

I think he's better attacking the rim. But I barely ever watch Jazz games.

Lebron23
01-09-2014, 09:28 AM
I think he's gonna be a solid acquisition for the Celtics.

All Net
01-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Whoever wants him will need to pay max money.

andremiller07
01-09-2014, 09:31 AM
That contract is how GMs paste themselves in mediocrity. Unless 7 feet tall, only two-way players should make more than $10 million in this league. Hayward is not that.
Which is exactly what he is, he's not a good to guy but he's a excellent all round player.

Randy
01-09-2014, 10:25 AM
The team that pays him is gonna be stuck in mediocrity at best for the duration of his contract.

Another Eric Gordon type of situation except that the person in question is white.

Except Gordon is consistently hurt. Hayward is underrated as a player; he is versatile and still very young, but he is stuck on a bad team with a poor coach. Of course someone will overpay him, but that's the modern NBA, one where Josh Smith is making $13.5m a year.

The Celtics could be a good fit for GH. Coach Stevens has already proven himself a more than capable NBA coach who knows how bring out talent, look what he's done with Jordan Crawford. If I'm the Celtics, I'd rather have GH over Bradley.

sketchy
01-09-2014, 11:00 AM
^^This.

Hayward was my favorite player in the 2010 draft class and I went as far as to say he could someday make an all-star appearance. I still think it's possible. As a Celtics fan I'd love to see him next to Rondo. He gives us shooting and good all-around play in other categories + pretty decent athleticism. I wouldn't mind paying him 9-11 mill in all honesty.

Butler connection! Make it happen Danny.

Bandito
01-09-2014, 11:23 AM
No he said he was leaving but he never left:oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
01-09-2014, 12:35 PM
If the celtics do not trade for him, the jazz will match any contract offered to him in the offseason. Lets hope that Humphries is somehow packaged into a deal

Hopefully the Jazz let him go if he gets overpaid.