PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's in the playoffs now?

k0kakw0rld
01-08-2014, 11:14 PM
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/440081images.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=440081images.jpg)

4 in a row :pimp:
People still want Coach Kidd fired? :confusedshrug:
give the man a chance god dammit :facepalm

The JKidd Kid
01-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Still favorites to win the Atlantic.

Black and White
01-08-2014, 11:16 PM
I still don't think this means anything tho

KyrieTheFuture
01-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Idk how I feel about rewarding Kidd for the rest of the East's incompetency but hey they're taking a step in the right direction.

Dubs510
01-08-2014, 11:21 PM
i hope they make it

D-Rose
01-08-2014, 11:21 PM
Good for them. Imagine if they upset Indiana :oldlol:

zoom17
01-08-2014, 11:22 PM
the east is so bad its hard to imagine how they don't sneak into the playoffs

Black and White
01-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Good for them. Imagine if they upset Indiana :oldlol:

Won't happen without Lopez

It's A VC3!!!
01-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Won't happen without Lopez
We have actually learned to play without Lopez. When he was injured for weeks at a time it was weird waiting for him to come back. Now that the Nets now he's out for the year it gives them a more confirmed identity. But either way, they won't beat the Pacers with or without Lopez.

Black and White
01-08-2014, 11:26 PM
We have actually learned to play without Lopez. When he was injured for weeks at a time it was weird waiting for him to come back. Now that the Nets now he's out for the year it gives them a more confirmed identity. But either way, they won't beat the Pacers with or without Lopez.

Yea the Pacers forwards are just too big and imposing, especially with an old KG, it's hard to go up against.

D12"Magic"
01-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Hopefully move up to at-least the 6th seed. Pacers would beat us obviously.

The JKidd Kid
01-08-2014, 11:30 PM
Hopefully move up to at-least the 6th seed. Pacers would beat us obviously.
I have a feeling we finish with the 3rd seed now that Horford is out and Chicago is tanking.

Fresh Kid
01-08-2014, 11:31 PM
not u again:roll:

Fresh Kid
01-08-2014, 11:33 PM
I have a feeling we finish with the 3rd seed now that Horford is out and Chicago is tanking.
please stop:roll: :roll:

blood yes
01-08-2014, 11:33 PM
While the Nets are doing good now, please be realistic.

I say the nets get the 5th seed, and have a shot at the 2nd round.

Miami, Indiana, Toronto, and Washington will finish ahead.

Toronto, just because the difference between their records is too big, as long as toronto does what they have to do, they will outrun the nets.

The wizards because they are on a SURGE right now, and their record is a jump higher than the nets.

I can see the Nets finishing above atlanta tho

ripthekik
01-08-2014, 11:34 PM
And I guess OP the fakkit is a fan of the nets now too?

Fresh Kid
01-08-2014, 11:34 PM
Toronto
:roll:

Fresh Kid
01-08-2014, 11:35 PM
i dont know why:oldlol:

D12"Magic"
01-08-2014, 11:35 PM
The 8th seed from 3 seed is very short in win difference so its possible.
Hawks just beat the Pacers though

Legends66NBA7
01-08-2014, 11:36 PM
Looking forward to Saturday's game vs the Nets.

Them and the Celtics are concerning.

niko
Nevermind, everyone is delusional but i guess delusional is more fun than the shit season everyone has.

The JKidd Kid
While the Nets are doing good now, please be realistic.

I say the nets get the 5th seed, and have a shot at the 2nd round.

Miami, Indiana, Toronto, and Washington will finish ahead.

Toronto, just because the difference between their records is too big, as long as toronto does what they have to do, they will outrun the nets.

The wizards because they are on a SURGE right now, and their record is a jump higher than the nets.

I can see the Nets finishing above atlanta tho

Highly doubt Toronto finished ahead. Washington is a possibility but I still don't see it. We knew that this Nets team was talented as shit and now they're beginning to put it all together.

Fresh Kid
01-08-2014, 11:37 PM
The 8th seed from 3 seed is very short in win difference so its possible.
Hawks just beat the Pacers though
oh tha overraterz?

Black and White
01-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Highly doubt Toronto finished ahead. Washington is a possibility but I still don't see it. We knew that this Nets team was talented as shit and now they're beginning to put it all together.

5th seed at best, have a little subjectivity, your team is still riddled with issues.

Fresh Kid
01-08-2014, 11:38 PM
:lol

The JKidd Kid
01-08-2014, 11:39 PM
Or Deron announces next week he's out 2 months and everything goes into the tank. Get a grip, you are in 8th because the East is shit. In a few weeks the Knicks will slip in too because "the East is shit". We are both fans of teams with much higher dreams, the Nets thought they were a title team, now we are going to slip in and get mauled first round by Indiana or Miami.

It's good to be happy over a win but the Nets just became the 3rd seed? What did i miss?

Yes, the Knick fans will do this too and I'll make a face then too.

There's a big difference between the Nets and the Knicks and all the other teams teams in the east minus Miami and Indiana. This Nets team is talented as hell and is full of veteran no nonsense players that know how to win. They're getting it together and if they can maximize their talent, they're easily the 3rd best team in the conference.

The JKidd Kid
01-08-2014, 11:41 PM
5th seed at best, have a little subjectivity, your team is still riddled with issues.

No. I understand that you're a celtics fan and it's your duty to root against the Nets. But seriously, how many teams other than Washington do you realistically see finishing above the Nets?

Legends66NBA7
01-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Highly doubt Toronto finished ahead.

The rest of the schedule in January, February, and April looks pretty easy on our side. Don't see why they don't make another winning streak if everyone is healthy (missing some key bench players playing time).

Draz
01-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Can't believe Toronto is entering the playoffs

Black and White
01-08-2014, 11:43 PM
There's a big difference between the Nets and the Knicks and all the other teams teams in the east minus Miami and Indiana. This Nets team is talented as hell and is full of veteran no nonsense players that know how to win. They're getting it together and if they can maximize their talent, they're easily the 3rd best team in the conference.

No way, Indiana, Miami, Toronto, Washington, are better, hell even the sixers could be better, you have no Lopez for the rest of the season, Deron keeps taking nights off, you have holes everywhere,

Pistons might beat you in a seven game series.

Fresh Kid
01-08-2014, 11:44 PM
man cut tha shit!:biggums: nets have a injured playing deron who will not be consistent throughout tha rest of tha season, pierce and kg are done and old, kidd iz stupid and lopez iz done for tha season, hang it up kid, yall are not tha 3rd best team:coleman:

Fresh Kid
01-08-2014, 11:45 PM
No. I understand that you're a celtics fan and it's your duty to root against the Nets. But seriously, how many teams other than Washington do you realistically see finishing above the Nets?
u serious man?:biggums:

Legends66NBA7
01-08-2014, 11:45 PM
Nevermind, everyone is delusional but i guess delusional is more fun than the shit season everyone has.

I've read this and pretty much every other major Raptor board and the feedback is very positive right now. Nobody thought this team would have such a different approach on offense and it seems like it will only get better.

The JKidd Kid
01-08-2014, 11:47 PM
No way, Indiana, Miami, Toronto, Washington, are better, hell even the sixers could be better, you have no Lopez for the rest of the season, Deron keeps taking nights off, you have holes everywhere,

Pistons might beat you in a seven game series.

lol I'm sorry. I know you have to as a celtics fan but just... Lol

Fresh Kid
01-08-2014, 11:48 PM
I've read this and pretty much every other major Raptor board and the feedback is very positive right now. Nobody thought this team would have such a different approach on offense and it seems like it will only get better.
im kinda happy for you raptors fans but I think all this lucky winning will stop soon. Yall have a great chance of makin tha playoffs but top 4 will not happen for yall in april:no:

Fresh Kid
01-08-2014, 11:49 PM
he actually being kinda truthful tho:confusedshrug:

Black and White
01-08-2014, 11:52 PM

The Nets are the most on and off team in the league, you can't tell if on any given night they will get smashed or scrape a win, how can you trust that?

It's A VC3!!!
01-08-2014, 11:52 PM
Looking forward to Saturday's game vs the Nets.

I'm looking forward to it too. It's our biggest game of the season thus far. We CANNOT lose against you guys whatsoever. The Raptors have been playing superb in this new year and the Nets need to counter their athleticism with good quality offensive possessions as well as good team defense.

The JKidd Kid
01-08-2014, 11:53 PM
The Nets are the most on and off team in the league, you can't tell if on any given night they will get smashed or scrape a win, how can you trust that?

I trust in the fact that since Lopez went down they finally started showing some effort and composure. That's all I've been asking for all season.

Black and White
01-08-2014, 11:54 PM
I trust in the fact that since Lopez went down they finally started showing some effort and composure. I trust that.

You need Lopez on the team to make any real noise....

It's A VC3!!!
01-08-2014, 11:56 PM
@ "The J Kidd"; can you stop spewing nonsense. Take it one game at a time. We can't jump from the eighth seed to the third seed like that because you and I both very well know that the Nets are capable of losing three in a row and just like that are out of the playoff race. The Nets have made it a mission to climb out of this hole but only by taking it one game at a time. The Nets are not good enough to warrant this type of confidence.

chazzy
01-08-2014, 11:58 PM
I haven't looked at the eastern standings in a while.. jesus christ. 14-21 and in the playoffs

Fresh Kid
01-08-2014, 11:59 PM
dat ether.

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 12:00 AM

Depends on what you mean by "real noise" and now you're just hating.

Legends66NBA7
01-09-2014, 12:01 AM
I'm looking forward to it too. It's our biggest game of the season thus far. We CANNOT lose against you guys whatsoever. The Raptors have been playing superb in this new year and the Nets need to counter their athleticism with good quality offensive possessions as well as good team defense.

Yeah, a lot riding on the Nets. They have to keep pace.

Like you said, it's a youth vs veteran matchup. I do expect to play out very similarly to our first meeting, where it went down to the wire.

Black and White
01-09-2014, 12:01 AM
Depends on what you mean by "real noise" and now you're just hating.

How is that hating? Saying you need your best big man to make any real noise????

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 12:02 AM
@ "The J Kidd"; can you stop spewing nonsense. Take it one game at a time. We can't jump from the eighth seed to the third seed like that because you and I both very well know that the Nets are capable of losing three in a row and just like that are out of the playoff race. The Nets have made it a mission to climb out of this hole but only by taking it one game at a time. The Nets are not good enough to warrant this type of confidence.

They've showed the one thing they've been lacking these past couple of games. Effort. If they keep that up then I am confident they can get the 3rd seed.

Fresh Kid
http://content9.flixster.com/photo/14/07/84/14078419_gal.jpg

davehos
How is that hating? Saying you need your best big man to make any real noise????

Spurs vs. Brooklyn in the finals .. race to the nursing home.

:roll: :roll:

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 12:04 AM

No it's because by "real noise" most people refer to play offs. And this conversation isn't about play offs. And nothing this season has shown that we need Lopez to do anything. I might be in the minority, but I really feel like he was holding this team back and our record since is showing that.

Black and White
01-09-2014, 12:05 AM
No it's because by "real noise" most people refer to play offs. And this conversation isn't about play offs. And nothing this season has shown that we need Lopez to do anything. I might be in the minority, but I really feel like he was holding this team back and our record since is showing that.

:biggums:

Fresh Kid
01-09-2014, 12:06 AM
They've showed the one thing they've been lacking these past couple of games. Effort. If they keep that up then I am confident they can get the 3rd seed.
high hopes I see:lol

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 12:07 AM
:biggums:

You read right. You must not have been watching a lot of Nets games this season. I've talked about how Lopez hurts the team more than he helps it in multiple threads for the past two seasons and I don't feel like going over it again.

Black and White
01-09-2014, 12:09 AM
You read right. You must not have been watching a lot of Nets games this season. I've talked about how Lopez hurts the team more than he helps it in multiple threads for the past two seasons and I don't feel like going over it again.

So one of the most skilled big men in the game holds your team back? Ok got it.

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 12:11 AM
So one of the most skilled big men in the game holds your team back? Ok got it.

Also one of the most flawed players in the game.

Black and White
01-09-2014, 12:12 AM
Also one of the most flawed players in the game.

Defensively he isn't great, but to say he does not add value to your team is stupid

Fresh Kid
01-09-2014, 12:13 AM
but I really feel like he was holding this team back..
http://thestarters.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/garnett-lopez-different-faces.jpg

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Defensively he isn't great, but to say he does not add value to your team is stupid
Everything that he adds he takes away. It's not just defense, it's the fact that he's an awful rebounder, which effects the team in so many ways that I've already gone over, he's a black hole on offense, he slows down the team cause they have to wait for him to get in his spots and he makes everyone else comfortable with just standing around while he pounds the ball. His negatives outweigh his positives.

Black and White
01-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Everything that he adds he takes away. It's not just defense, it's the fact that he's an awful rebounder, which effects the team in so many ways that I've already gone over, he's a black hole on offense, he slows down the team cause they have to wait for him to get in his spots and he makes everyone else comfortable with just standing around while he pounds the ball. His negatives outweigh his positives.

Ok, while some of the things you said are true, I disagree, if Indiana played you right now without Lopez it would be a massacre.

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Ok, while some of the things you said are true, I disagree, if Indiana played you right now without Lopez it would be a massacre.

No our defense is better without Lopez, our rebounding is better without Lopez, our offense is much more fluid without Lopez, everyone on the team plays better and more aggressively without him out there especially KG who can now move back to center, which was my biggest worry before the season started. Without Lopez on the floor, suddenly this team is able to run and get into early offense and suddenly we are forcing turnovers and getting steals on defense like we did tonight. Tell me, if it was Brook out there playing center instead of KG in the final seconds, would we have won this game?

k0kakw0rld
01-09-2014, 12:23 AM
Nets are my number one team. Been repping Kidd & D-will, Nets & Warriors since day 1. Now STFU and enjoy the show.

Black and White
01-09-2014, 12:23 AM
No our defense is better without Lopez, our rebounding is better without Lopez, our offense is much more fluid without Lopez, everyone on the team plays better and more aggressively without him out there especially KG who can now move back to center, which was my biggest worry before the season started. Without Lopez on the floor, suddenly this team is able to run and get into early offense and suddenly we are forcing turnovers and getting steals on defense like we did tonight. Tell me, if it was Brook out there playing center instead of KG in the final seconds, would we have won this game?

I asked you a question, without Lopez can you beat the Pacers?

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 12:25 AM
I asked you a question, without Lopez can you beat the Pacers?

No but with him we can't either and we have a better chance without him. Honestly how many teams other than Miami or the Spurs and even then would you say could beat the Pacers?

Black and White
01-09-2014, 12:27 AM
No but with him we can't either and we have a better chance without him. Honestly how many teams other than Miami or the Spurs and even then would you say could beat the Pacers?

OKC, Spurs, Miami and maybe the Blazers are the only teams that can knock them off.

Face it, the Nets are way too hot and cold to be getting all excited over right now.

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 12:30 AM
OKC, Spurs, Miami and maybe the Blazers are the only teams that can knock them off.

Face it, the Nets are way too hot and cold to be getting all excited over right now.

Nope. This is a different team without Lopez and his pouting and awful play. I told you, they're showing effort and composure and with the talent they have, the sky is the limit (if the sky is right below the Pacers and Miami :lol ). And I doubt OKC would beat the Pacers with their awful offense I think the Blazers would have a better chance honestly.

PickernRoller
01-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Dat Strong Era doe...

Legends66NBA7
01-09-2014, 12:32 AM

Call me a homer/delusional... Healthy Toronto can take them in a 7 game series.

Black and White
01-09-2014, 12:34 AM
Nope. This is a different team without Lopez and his pouting and awful play. I told you, they're showing effort and composure and with the talent they have, the sky is the limit (if the sky is right below the Pacers and Miami :lol ). And I doubt OKC would beat the Pacers with their awful offense I think the Blazers would have a better chance honestly.

The Pacers are my pick to win the title, doesn't mean I dont talk without subjectivity.

And at the bolded, what talent? Old man Pierce? Old Kg? Deron "ankle sprain" Williams? Joe "I only play in the 4th" Johnson?

This has to be the biggest knee-jerk reaction I have seen.

Black and White
01-09-2014, 12:35 AM
Call me a homer/delusional... Healthy Toronto can take them in a 7 game series.

Only issue would be the front court I guess. I like the way Lowry is playing :cheers:

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 12:37 AM
The Pacers are my pick to win the title, doesn't mean I dont talk without subjectivity.

And at the bolded, what talent? Old man Pierce? Old Kg? Deron "ankle sprain" Williams? Joe "I only play in the 4th" Johnson?

This has to be the biggest knee-jerk reaction I have seen.

You're a Celtics fan and you've watched the past couple of games so you know that Pierce and Garnett are still going strong. Joe Johnson just put up 27 pts and is easily the clutchest player in the league and Deron is whatever. This team is incredibly talented and now you're just hating.

Black and White
01-09-2014, 12:38 AM
You're a Celtics fan and you've watched the past couple of games so you know that Pierce and Garnett are still going strong. Joe Johnson just put up 27 pts and is easily the clutchest player in the league and Deron is whatever. This team is incredibly talented and now you're just hating.

I also watched Pierce and Garnett last season and I am worried about their health if they have to carry the load of this team while Deron sits out, have you not thought about that? These two aren't young anymore man.

Legends66NBA7
01-09-2014, 12:41 AM
Only issue would be the front court I guess. I like the way Lowry is playing :cheers:

Amir and West cancel each other out. Hibbert and Val, that should he an advantage to Hibbert but Val is no slouch and shows continuing improvement. George should have the advantage over Ross, although Ross and the Raptors defensive gameplan has been excellent against George.

If they do meet up in the 2nd round, that series is going 7 games.

Black and White
01-09-2014, 12:43 AM
Amir and West cancel each other out. Hibbert and Val, that should he an advantage to Hibbert but Val is no slouch and shows continuing improvement. George should have the advantage over Ross, although Ross and the Raptors defensive gameplan has been excellent against George.

I would say Pacers in 6, but could go 7, it would be exciting nonetheless, what if you guys matched up against Miami in the 2nd round? Please knock them off lol

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 12:45 AM
I also watched Pierce and Garnett last season and I am worried about their health if they have to carry the load of this team while Deron sits out, have you not thought about that? These two aren't young anymore man.

I have thought about that, but with the back ups that they have, they won't have to carry anyone. AK is just as important as Pierce and Blatche is arguably our best option in the half court. And Joe is clearly the number 1 option and Livingston is out main ball handler. Plus now that Deron got his shots which were what brought him back to all star form last season and with all the days off next week, he should hopefully be ready to go.

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 12:46 AM

I'm sorry but you can't be serious. The Pacers would sweep or gentleman'a sweep. The Raptors are young and entertaining but they wouldn't be able to compete against the Pacers and their defense in a play off series.

Black and White
01-09-2014, 12:47 AM
I have thought about that, but with the back ups that they have, they won't have to carry anyone. AK is just as important as Pierce and Blatche is arguably our best option in the half court. And Joe is clearly the number 1 option and Livingston is out main ball handler. Plus now that Deron got his shots which were what brought him back to all star form last season and with all the days off next week, he should hopefully be ready to go.

I'm not buying this Nets team yet, I'm going to wait till after the all-star break at the earliest to judge if they will be even remotely successful, too many holes in this team.

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 12:49 AM
I'm not buying this Nets team yet, I'm going to wait till after the all-star break at the earliest to judge if they will be even remotely successful, too many holes in this team.

Fair enough but I honestly think with Lopez and his flaws gone and Kirilenko back there are a lot less holes than there were before.

Black and White
01-09-2014, 12:50 AM
Fair enough but I honestly think with Lopez and his flaws gone and Kirilenko back there are a lot less holes than there were before.

We will see, there are some teams in the east that will really test you, let's see if you stand up..

Legends66NBA7
01-09-2014, 12:54 AM
I would say Pacers in 6, but could go 7, it would be exciting nonetheless, what if you guys matched up against Miami in the 2nd round? Please knock them off lol

As much I would like to see that happen, we match up better with Indiana. From what I've seen, Toronto's gameplan on containing Paul George is much better than containing LeBron James. We could try different players on James, but he would be either to big or quick for our defenders.

Black and White
01-09-2014, 12:56 AM
As much I would like to see that happen, we match up better with Indiana. From what I've seen, Toronto's gameplan on containing Paul George is much better than containing LeBron James. We could try different players on James, but he would be either to big Irving quick for our defenders.

You could match Miami on the fastbreak though, throwing different players at him works, that plus a mix of zone defense. You never know? Plus your big boys would feast on them, Amir v Bosh, who goes up against J-Val?

HylianNightmare
01-09-2014, 12:58 AM

how you only have one red bar?

CelticBaller
01-09-2014, 01:04 AM
God please do this, tanking is hard :lol

Fresh Kid
01-09-2014, 01:04 AM
exactly:coleman:

Legends66NBA7
01-09-2014, 01:05 AM
You could match Miami on the fastbreak though, throwing different players at him works, that plus a mix of zone defense. You never know? Plus your big boys would feast on them, Amir v Bosh, who goes up against J-Val?

Bosh usually plays center, so I think he will guard Val, primarily.

James/Battier will guard Amir.

I would not entice a fastbreak matchup vs Miami, though. Miami would just outrun us, although Casey does preach uptempo basketball on occasion. Our big men would have to step up big every game for a chance at them. I'm comfortable with what the guards will deliver.

Legends66NBA7
01-09-2014, 01:07 AM
God please do this, tanking is hard :lol

Is Rondo going to come back soon ?

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 01:10 AM

Because what I say actually has basis. Like the fact that the Nets only competition for the Atlantic is Toronto and the Nets are finally getting their shit together.

Fresh Kid
01-09-2014, 01:14 AM
Like the fact that the Nets only competition for the Atlantic is Toronto
http://cdn.nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/carmelo-amare-laughing.jpg

Dave3
01-09-2014, 01:18 AM
Toronto, Miami, and Indiana. If you concede that Washington will also finish ahead, that puts 4 teams ahead of Brooklyn...

CelticBaller
01-09-2014, 01:21 AM
Is Rondo going to come back soon ?
Nope, he wants to go to the d league and Stevens and Ainge don't plan to rush him. A safe prediction would be after all star week.

Legends66NBA7
01-09-2014, 01:26 AM
Toronto, Miami, and Indiana. If you concede that Washington will also finish ahead, that puts 4 teams ahead of Brooklyn...

I'd put Atlanta there too. They are a deep team.

Dave3
01-09-2014, 01:27 AM

For some reason, I feel like if we play Indiana in a 7 game series of regular season games, it would go 7/we would have a chance of winning. But we have a 7 game playoff series, we wouldn't last past 6. It would be our first time in the playoffs with any of these guys, and we wouldn't be able to go toe to toe with them in playoff basketball.

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 01:27 AM

Highly doubt Toronto finishes above them and Washington is a possibility.

Dave3
01-09-2014, 01:30 AM
Highly doubt Toronto finishes above them and Washington is a possibility.
How? Toronto has had the highest strength of schedule in the entire league so far, and they're still hotter currently than the Nets. We have the easiest schedule going forth, and we're playing the kind of basketball that can be sustained for a long time (ie: we're not winning games because the players are hot, but because we're moving the ball around to get good shots, and playing good defense)

The Nets in their last 10 are 5-5, which while an improvement, still isn't even as good as Toronto has been lately.

Dave3
01-09-2014, 01:31 AM
I'd put Atlanta there too. They are a deep team.
Yeah forgot about that. So even if Washington doesn't finish ahead (which I don't think they will), that's still 4 teams that will be ahead of the Nets.

Fiasco
01-09-2014, 01:32 AM
It's the East. Everyone's a playoff candidate.

STATUTORY
01-09-2014, 01:33 AM
There's a big difference between the Nets and the Knicks and all the other teams teams in the east minus Miami and Indiana. This Nets team is talented as hell and is full of veteran no give a **** players that know how to win. They're getting it together and if they can maximize their talent, they're easily the 3rd best team in the conference.

fixed for the truth

nets fans truly delusional :roll: :roll:

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 01:34 AM
How? Toronto has had the highest strength of schedule in the entire league so far, and they're still hotter currently than the Nets. We have the easiest schedule going forth, and we're playing the kind of basketball that can be sustained for a long time (ie: we're not winning games because the players are hot, but because we're moving the ball around to get good shots, and playing good defense)

The Nets in their last 10 are 5-5, which while an improvement, still isn't even as good as Toronto has been lately.

I've already discussed why the Nets are going to do so well. I'm not trying to discredit what Toronto is doing. I love the addition by subtraction of Rudy Gay, I love how Derozan has improved his all around game to more than just scoring since Gay left, I love how Terrence Ross is complementing Lowry and Derozan as a shooter and off ball finisher and I love how the ball moves without Rudy Gay out there. I just don't see them finishing above the Nets if the Nets are able to maximize their talent, which they are beginning to do.

The JKidd Kid
01-09-2014, 01:36 AM
fixed for the truth

nets fans truly delusional :roll: :roll:

At least we know how to speak English. If you're gonna try to insult someone at least make it comprehensible. :roll: :roll: :roll:

AintNoSunshine
01-09-2014, 01:43 AM
Best team in the league this year?

Legends66NBA7
01-09-2014, 01:47 AM
For some reason, I feel like if we play Indiana in a 7 game series of regular season games, it would go 7/we would have a chance of winning. But we have a 7 game playoff series, we wouldn't last past 6. It would be our first time in the playoffs with any of these guys, and we wouldn't be able to go toe to toe with them in playoff basketball.

Looking at the playoff experience...

Tyler Hansbrough - 35 games
Chuck Hayes - 26 games
John Salmons - 22 games
Steve Novak - 18 games
Greivis Vasquez - 13 games
Kyle Lowry - 13 games
Amir Johnson - 11 games
Landry Fields - 9 games
Austin Daye - 4 games
Julyan Stone - 4 games

And the rest of the players don't have playoff experience. So 3 of our starters are going to probably going to have iffy starts, if the moment gets to them. However, I like the attitude and I think the approach should be different when games get tight. Dwane Casey actually has the most experience, but that was an assistant coach in Dallas. Did end up getting a ring out of it.

I didn't even realize that we had the highest SOS in the league so far (might need to double check, which site are you looking at ?). That's what makes it so much more impressive, we've got such an easy schedule excluding March. Even in today's game vs Detroit, we've were pretty off and seemed like the team was coasting, but won by 21 points. Granted, the Pistons played pretty awful basketball on both ends, but we are facing much weaker teams now.

OT - Good to see you around, man. Hope everything is good with you.

@ Jkidd - No way is Washington probable in finishing over Brooklyn and Toronto is doubtful. Washington will not finish better than Toronto at this current pace, let alone Brooklyn.

veilside23
01-09-2014, 01:51 AM
you guys know what's funny they are doing it without the suppose to be main core of the team.. without deron and lopez.

Maybe its time to part ways with them? kidding aside they just need to find a very decend big ... If only favors was not traded.

Dave3
01-09-2014, 02:05 AM
Looking at the playoff experience...

Tyler Hansbrough - 35 games
Chuck Hayes - 26 games
John Salmons - 22 games
Steve Novak - 18 games
Greivis Vasquez - 13 games
Kyle Lowry - 13 games
Amir Johnson - 11 games
Landry Fields - 9 games
Austin Daye - 4 games
Julyan Stone - 4 games

And the rest of the players don't have playoff experience. So 3 of our starters are going to probably going to have iffy starts, if the moment gets to them. However, I like the attitude and I think the approach should be different when games get tight. Dwane Casey actually has the most experience, but that was an assistant coach in Dallas. Did end up getting a ring out of it.

I didn't even realize that we had the highest SOS in the league so far (might need to double check, which site are you looking at ?). That's what makes it so much more impressive, we've got such an easy schedule excluding March. Even in today's game vs Detroit, we've were pretty off and seemed like the team was coasting, but won by 21 points. Granted, the Pistons played pretty awful basketball on both ends, but we are facing much weaker teams now.

OT - Good to see you around, man. Hope everything is good with you.

@ Jkidd - No way is Washington probable in finishing over Brooklyn and Toronto is doubtful. Washington will not finish better than Toronto at this current pace, let alone Brooklyn.
I think Lowry's experience came as a backup almost exclusively, not sure. Amir got experience with the Pistons? Because he didn't have a big role with them either if I recall correctly.

My buddy showed me on ESPN a couple days ago (the Hollinger stats) that our SOS was like 54%, which at the point was the highest.

It's weird seeing the Raptors play solid basketball to be honest. Almost feels like "where did this come from?" We have the right personnel though I feel (with the exception of Casey, whom I still think should be replaced), with players that work hard defensively, and move the ball around offensively. If (and hopefully when) Valanciunas develops into a go to big man all star, we could become a legit elite team. I like the direction we're heading GM wise.

Thanks, I've been good, reading the boards as much as before, just limiting my posts to Raptor's stuff exclusively almost. You going to any games in the near future?

Legends66NBA7
01-09-2014, 02:13 AM
I think Lowry's experience came as a backup almost exclusively, not sure. Amir got experience with the Pistons? Because he didn't have a big role with them either if I recall correctly.

My buddy showed me on ESPN a couple days ago (the Hollinger stats) that our SOS was like 54%, which at the point was the highest.

It's weird seeing the Raptors play solid basketball to be honest. Almost feels like "where did this come from?" We have the right personnel though I feel (with the exception of Casey, whom I still think should be replaced), with players that work hard defensively, and move the ball around offensively. If (and hopefully when) Valanciunas develops into a go to big man all star, we could become a legit elite team. I like the direction we're heading GM wise.

Thanks, I've been good, reading the boards as much as before, just limiting my posts to Raptor's stuff exclusively almost. You going to any games in the near future?

I've looked at all the numbers and none of these players had that much of significant role for any of the teams. That's the first alarming sign. But you know what ? I'll trade off playing 1-3 playoff series over missing the playoff and hoping to develop another lottery pick. Playoff experience/development > regular season experience/development.

And yes, a young core which has been backed up by a solid bench. Our draft picks and trade pieces look very solid right now. I'm all for replacing Casey, but only with a proper coach. Stan Van Gundy comes to mind, I would like to see if he can make this team work.

That's good to know, man. I've been to 1 game so far...Spurs vs Raptors, completely dominated after the 1st quarter, which sucks, but that was the game after the Gay trade and we didn't have a bench for that game. Reason going is that I wanted to see this Spurs core one last time live, might never get a chance to see Duncan again. Plus, I thought the new Raptors were playing, so I wanted to see how this team would mesh.

If plans follow through, I might go this Saturday on Drake night.

Dave3
01-09-2014, 03:11 AM
I've looked at all the numbers and none of these players had that much of significant role for any of the teams. That's the first alarming sign. But you know what ? I'll trade off playing 1-3 playoff series over missing the playoff and hoping to develop another lottery pick. Playoff experience/development > regular season experience/development.

And yes, a young core which has been backed up by a solid bench. Our draft picks and trade pieces look very solid right now. I'm all for replacing Casey, but only with a proper coach. Stan Van Gundy comes to mind, I would like to see if he can make this team work.

That's good to know, man. I've been to 1 game so far...Spurs vs Raptors, completely dominated after the 1st quarter, which sucks, but that was the game after the Gay trade and we didn't have a bench for that game. Reason going is that I wanted to see this Spurs core one last time live, might never get a chance to see Duncan again. Plus, I thought the new Raptors were playing, so I wanted to see how this team would mesh.

If plans follow through, I might go this Saturday on Drake night.
Your first point - usually I wouldn't agree, but with this squad, I'm hopeful enough to be completely be on your side.

Again, I agree here too. No point in replacing a mediocre coach, who at least has a feel for the players now, with another mediocre coach who doesn't.

And I think we have the Knicks pick next year (not this one) so we'll get another chance for a good lottery pick (hopefully they're still bad) without having to sacrifice developing the guys we currently have.

Yeah, I went to my first game of the year a couple weeks ago, was a gift from someone, and my first lower bowl game. It was the game against the Knicks, so it was pretty insane with the crowd hating on Bargnani. I honestly felt bad for him lol.

Crafty
01-09-2014, 03:59 AM
Horford's out. Chicago's tanking.

Big chances they get a higher seed.

Legends66NBA7
01-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Dave, I found that SOS article that your friend showed to you:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nba/easternsospg.html

Pretty interesting stuff. Toughest in the East and 3rd overall. Nets and Knicks are up there too. Wizards and Hawks might falter a bit down the stretch. The Bucks are really THAT bad.

And just take a look at the remainder of our schedule, we get the easiest schedule just like I said before. March is the only average to strong month vs the Rpators.

JUDGE WITNESS
01-09-2014, 04:56 PM
4 game first round exit

Duderonomy
01-10-2014, 09:50 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/j0xp4j.jpg the point is Brooklyn, new York, and now Cleveland should round up the 6-8th seeds. Detroit isn't out just yet but they need a parachute to stop their free fall.

East_Stone_Ya
01-10-2014, 10:47 AM
yup 37 wins seems realistic for them

veilside23
01-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Up nets 5 straight wins ... :pimp

Dave3
01-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Stupid Heat couldn't take care of business, so now we have get it done tonight. Brooklyn's hot, which has me nervous. We should turn this into the game thread.