PDA

View Full Version : Least/most deserving NBA cities?

Connor B
01-09-2014, 01:03 AM
Which cities do you think are least deserving of their NBA teams for whatever reasons (bad fans, etc.)

LEAST:

Atlanta - I think they have one of the lowest average attendances for a consistent playoff team.

Miami - no hate for the big 3 or the organization itself, but I cannot think of many other fans who would leave early from a game 6 finals even if it did seem out of reach. Awful, awful fans.

MOST:

Golden State (Oakland area) and OKC - Rabid fans, everyone acknowledges that.

San Antonio - maybe the most loyal fans in the NBA

L.A./Boston/Indiana - too much history to ignore

Budadiiii
01-09-2014, 01:06 AM
Chicago.

The way they cheered when D-Rose went down was despicable.

Fresh Kid
01-09-2014, 01:09 AM
okc iz one of tha least deaserving thanks to sam presti and staff, brooklyn, and of course miami.
tha most goes to new york for being loyal all these yearz.

Marchesk
01-09-2014, 01:23 AM
tha most goes to new york for being loyal all these yearz.

For having such a huger market, you guys sure have underachieved over the years. Maybe the Knicks should be sent to Seattle, and you can settle for cheering on the Nets. City doesn't need two underachievers.

Clippers also need to be sent elsewhere. Why in hell have two LA teams when you have the Lakers? If OKC is allowed to have a team, then KC should have one two. We'll settle for the better LA team the next several years, even with the first round exits.

Leftimage
01-09-2014, 01:24 AM
Which cities do you think are least deserving of their NBA teams for whatever reasons (bad fans, etc.)

LEAST:

Atlanta - I think they have one of the lowest average attendances for a consistent playoff team.

Miami - no hate for the big 3 or the organization itself, but I cannot think of many other fans who would leave early from a game 6 finals even if it did seem out of reach. Awful, awful fans.

MOST:

Golden State (Oakland area) and OKC - Rabid fans, everyone acknowledges that.

San Antonio - maybe the most loyal fans in the NBA

L.A./Boston/Indiana - too much history to ignore

But does LA really deserve two teams ? ;)

Marchesk
01-09-2014, 01:26 AM
Miami should be sent to Vancouver. Canada needs more than one team. Lebron's going to be taking his talents elsewhere soon anyway.

SilkkTheShocker
01-09-2014, 01:28 AM
Definitely hick ass OKC. The only reason people go to the games is for the indoor plumbing.

moe94
01-09-2014, 01:29 AM
Definitely hick ass OKC. The only reason people go to the games is for the indoor plumbing.

No idea why people say you're not funny. :roll:

Fresh Kid
01-09-2014, 01:29 AM
For having such a huger market, you guys sure have underachieved over the years. Maybe the Knicks should be sent to Seattle, and you can settle for cheering on the Nets. City doesn't need two underachievers.

Im sorry bro, but I definitely will not agree with this at all:no:

Fiasco
01-09-2014, 01:30 AM
Vancouver.

Mr. Jabbar
01-09-2014, 01:31 AM
http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Heat_Fans_Leaving.jpg

Fudge
01-09-2014, 01:31 AM
Least:

New York
Milwaukee
Miami
Atlanta
LAC

Most:

OKC
Golden State
Toronto
Sacramento
Seattle

Marchesk
01-09-2014, 01:32 AM

What did those hicks do to you anyway? This is like the 8th time you've crapped on their city.

Fresh Kid
01-09-2014, 01:33 AM
Least:

New York

Most:

OKC
Seattle
:biggums:

SilkkTheShocker
01-09-2014, 01:35 AM
What did those hicks do to you anyway? This is like the 8th time you've crapped on their city.
8th? More like 800th. That turd bucket city doesn't deserve a team

Fresh Kid
01-09-2014, 01:38 AM
cuz he hates durant:lol

CelticBaller
01-09-2014, 01:40 AM
No idea why people say you're not funny. :roll:
Silkk is hilarious, he just been taking it easy for a while :lol

Marchesk
01-09-2014, 01:42 AM

He scared Durant's about to pass his boy?

Fudge
01-09-2014, 01:43 AM
Betcha Silkk lives in OKC. :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
01-09-2014, 01:47 AM
Have you been to OKC? The whole town is one giant tumble weed.

SilkkTheShocker
01-09-2014, 01:48 AM
Betcha Silkk lives in OKC. :oldlol:
I wouldn't have Internet access if I lived in that shithole

Fudge
01-09-2014, 01:49 AM
:roll:

Marchesk
01-09-2014, 01:50 AM
Im sorry bro, but I definitely will not agree with this at all:no:

Just kidding around. It's kind of weird LA's had the Clippers all these years, and KC has gone without since the Kings left. Not sure why Seattle doesn't have a team yet. Talk about a fan base that got really screwed. Send the Heat up there.

DaSeba5
01-09-2014, 01:51 AM
South FL has a pro football, baseball, and hockey team. We deserve a basketball team too. In fact, it's the only good team I have. :(

moe94
01-09-2014, 01:51 AM
:roll:

DaSeba5
01-09-2014, 01:52 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Marchesk
01-09-2014, 01:52 AM
South FL has a pro football, baseball, and hockey team. We deserve a basketball team too. In fact, it's the only good team I have. :(

The only pro team all of Florida should have is the Dolphins. Send the rest of those teams to fan bases who give a damn.

DaSeba5
01-09-2014, 01:55 AM
The only pro team all of Florida should have is the Dolphins. Send the rest of those teams to fan bases who give a damn.

Well Tampa is a pretty decent city for sports too. Jax needs to go though.

Illuminati
01-09-2014, 02:04 AM

LOL @ plumbing. :oldlol:

Stuckey
01-09-2014, 02:11 AM
Vancouver

Fresh Kid
01-09-2014, 02:16 AM
He scared Durant's about to pass his boy?
maybe so:oldlol:

sejoon101
01-09-2014, 02:17 AM
ITT : Silk goes all out again... You been too quiet lately. But he has a point... Even tho I hate the Heat, how can you compare OKC life to this?

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk158/sejoon101/30-butts-on-boat-cute-girl-gifs.gif (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/sejoon101/media/30-butts-on-boat-cute-girl-gifs.gif.html)

Suguru101
01-09-2014, 02:18 AM

:oldlol:

Fresh Kid
01-09-2014, 02:20 AM
Have you been to OKC? The whole town is one giant tumble weed.
yea i been there a few timez in tha past and it's definitely boring az hell:facepalm but coming for you it has to be another reason especially since you love a quitter and choker thats corny and thats named queen lebron with such serene passion:lol

Fresh Kid
01-09-2014, 02:21 AM
ITT : Silk goes all out again... You been too quiet lately. But he has a point... Even tho I hate the Heat, how can you compare OKC life to this?

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk158/sejoon101/30-butts-on-boat-cute-girl-gifs.gif (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/sejoon101/media/30-butts-on-boat-cute-girl-gifs.gif.html)
nice pic:applause: :cheers:

Jameerthefear
01-09-2014, 02:23 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

zoom17
01-09-2014, 02:37 AM

:oldlol:

zoom17
01-09-2014, 02:37 AM
nice pic:applause: :cheers:

gif dumbass:oldlol:

I<3NBA
01-09-2014, 03:21 AM
least

Cleveland - this city doesn't deserve anything, having wasted the chance when gifted a once in a lifetime player.

most

San Antonio - epitome of professionalism and no nonsense hard work in the league. A franchise ran this well always deserves to win.

MMM
01-09-2014, 03:30 AM
Shame the Warriors are moving from Oakland to SF. Yea SF is a bigger market but the fanbase is going to take a hit.

bmwm3
01-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Seattle and Vegas needs one... Maybe not vegas

Flash31
01-09-2014, 07:12 AM
Least
Ind-Most of players are homegrown or want to play there and are relatively clean,no on/off court incidents,good solid team two rising stars,managed by Larry Fn Bird,been to playoffs 3 years,and top 3 seeds and 2 now
and YET Some of the Worst Attendance Records and Fan Support
Theyve been in the bottom 5 year after year,and theyve been actually good WTF?

Mil-They were great at one point but no bo one cares at ALL
ATL-even when they were 50-55 win teams fan support was epitome of mediocre at best year after sear its like no one in ATL cares or cared about the Hawks

Cle-time after time they seem to fup the team,
You get LJ and sit on ur hands and get him old Shaq and Mo,then now you literally stockpile draft picks and Still Suck and Almost Everybody Does NOT Want to play in Cle and with the way fans and owner treated LJ almost everybody wont ever want to come

Chi-hugely supportive fanbase,yet really classless in cheering players injuries but eh,but Have by far one of the worst most cheapest,uncaring owner in NBA
He even said 1 MLB title was worth All of Bulls Accomplishments to him,Nobody likes him

Min-just horrible support and fo

Most

St Louis
Vancouver-got robbed of Grizz and draft hard
Seattle
Montreal-Great City and 1 more to Canada
Las Vegas-team would sell out every game

JohnFreeman
01-09-2014, 07:21 AM

:applause:

DukeDelonte13
01-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Least
Ind-Most of players are homegrown or want to play there and are relatively clean,no on/off court incidents,good solid team two rising stars,managed by Larry Fn Bird,been to playoffs 3 years,and top 3 seeds and 2 now
and YET Some of the Worst Attendance Records and Fan Support
Theyve been in the bottom 5 year after year,and theyve been actually good WTF?

Mil-They were great at one point but no bo one cares at ALL
ATL-even when they were 50-55 win teams fan support was epitome of mediocre at best year after sear its like no one in ATL cares or cared about the Hawks

Cle-time after time they seem to fup the team,
You get LJ and sit on ur hands and get him old Shaq and Mo,then now you literally stockpile draft picks and Still Suck and Almost Everybody Does NOT Want to play in Cle and with the way fans and owner treated LJ almost everybody wont ever want to come

Chi-hugely supportive fanbase,yet really classless in cheering players injuries but eh,but Have by far one of the worst most cheapest,uncaring owner in NBA
He even said 1 MLB title was worth All of Bulls Accomplishments to him,Nobody likes him

Min-just horrible support and fo

Most

St Louis
Vancouver-got robbed of Grizz and draft hard
Seattle
Montreal-Great City and 1 more to Canada
Las Vegas-team would sell out every game

so stupid. Cavs treated LJ like a divine god child, sparing no expense. Shaq said after LA franchise that treated him the best was Cle.
Deng recently said he couldn't believe how nice the cavs facilities are and how awesome the players get treated here with 24/7 personal chef, trainers, doctors on hand etc. Literally best in the world medical facilities and doctors in Cle. Cle is one of the most loyal fanbases in all of pro sports too.

i think least deserving basketball city is Miami, their fans don't care so much about sports because there is a bunch of other sh*t to do in the city.

Indy colts though..... I know its football but how the f*ck do they have that stretch with peyton manning and go one year without and then land Andrew Luck. Too me that's just the biggest crock of sh*t ever.

Fresh Kid
01-09-2014, 10:16 AM
gif dumbass:oldlol:
u know what i mean niguh :lol

Rose'sACL
01-09-2014, 10:35 AM
bulls/knicks have good fans but they need to change ownership.
fans are partly responsible because they keep coming to the games when it is clear that owner doesn't care about fans at all.
so i guess the fans are good as well as bad at the same time.

Nash
01-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Obviously OKC. They got lucky having a good contending team from the start. As soon as that teams goes into a rebuilding mode and the interest goes down a bit that small market will not be able to take care of a team like that.

Rose'sACL
01-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Obviously OKC. They got lucky having a good contending team from the start. As soon as that teams goes into a rebuilding mode and the interest goes down a bit that small market will not be able to take care of a team like that.
they were lucky that stern got them the team as he was friends with the owner.
when okc was bad, they had pretty bad attendance record and this was with a superstar in the making durant playing for them. how do you do that in a city in which there is no other pro sport team and not much of anything to do and still call yourselves real fans?
Miami doesn't have great fans too in my opinion but there are things you could do in miami other than going to the game and have probably way more fun doing those things than being stuck in traffic for a couple of hours when going and returning from the game.

DukeDelonte13
01-09-2014, 10:46 AM

sure they will. It's their only pro franchise. Why does this big market / small market thing only matter in basketball? It's not even an afterthought in the NFL.

Rose'sACL
01-09-2014, 10:49 AM
sure they will. It's their only pro franchise. Why does this big market / small market thing only matter in basketball? It's not even an afterthought in the NFL.
if someone has to explain this to you the you're a retard.

JohnFreeman
01-09-2014, 10:51 AM

I have noticed the OKC games haven't really been as full as they were in say 2011-2012 this year. Maybe I am just tuning into the wrong games though.

SilkkTheShocker
01-09-2014, 10:52 AM
if spmeone has to explain this to you the you're a retard.

You're going to have to explain it to him. :oldlol:

DukeDelonte13
01-09-2014, 11:00 AM
if someone has to explain this to you the you're a retard.

in the context of this discussion when it comes to small markets supporting a franchise please do.

Does anybody question whether or not buffalo or pittsburgh can support their NHL or NFL teams? No.

But people here are seriously questioning whether OKC can support one pro franchise. And i'm the retard. Ok. :confusedshrug:

Rose'sACL
01-09-2014, 11:05 AM
in the context of this discussion when it comes to small markets supporting a franchise please do.

Does anybody question whether or not buffalo or pittsburgh can support their NHL or NFL teams? No.

But people here are seriously questioning whether OKC can support one pro franchise. And i'm the retard. Ok. :confusedshrug:
either you know nothing about nhl and nfl or you are just trolling now.
no one cares about nhl so it doesnt matter if city has good hockey fans and everyone cares about the nfl so it doesn't matter if it is a small market. NBA falls in between these 2 so it is always questionable if small market can support a team for a long time and given that they are a young franchise, it is very question as they had a couple of bad seasons and attendance was bad in those years.

this is my answer and if you still can't understand it then please never start a business.

DukeDelonte13
01-09-2014, 11:07 AM
either you know nothing about nhl and nfl or you are just trolling now.
no one cares about nhl and everyone cares about the nfl. this is my short answer and if you still can't understand it then please never start a business.

:applause: :applause:

bravo. brilliant respone. I'm so retarded, thanks for educating me.

Buff and Pitt can support NHL teams because nobody cares about the NHL.

Buff and Pitt can support NFL teams because everybody cares about the NFL.

:hammerhead:

Rose'sACL
01-09-2014, 11:09 AM
:applause: :applause:

bravo. brilliant respone. I'm so retarded, thanks for educating me.

Buff and Pitt can support NHL teams because nobody cares about the NHL.

Buff and Pitt can support NFL teams because everybody cares about the NFL.

:hammerhead:
i edited my post just for you. i hope i am not being trolled.

Bandito
01-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Why does Las Vegas still doesn't have a team is beyond me.

Also Puerto Rico should have a team...the Bobcats were pretty close to being here, but the owner and his partners that wanted to put money on it weren't that rich. I belive they were third on the list...:(

DukeDelonte13
01-09-2014, 11:12 AM
i edited my post just for you. i hope i am not being trolled.

your response is still stupid. It's been proven time and time again that small markets can and do support NBA teams. Your "analysis" of how popular the league is forgets the fact that OKC only has one pro team.

Also, since according to you small market teams can't support NBA franchises how long has Cleveland and Indiana been in the league?

JohnFreeman
01-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Why does Las Vegas still doesn't have a team is beyond me.

Also Puerto Rico should have a team...the Bobcats were pretty close to being here, but the owner and his partners that wanted to put money on it weren't that rich. I belive they were third on the list...:(

What would people prefer? Supersonic's back or a brand new Vegas team?

Rose'sACL
01-09-2014, 11:20 AM
It has not been proven. Bulls and Knicks have proven that they can be in profit and sell out every game even when their teams are bad for multiple years plus the fact that they make more profit for themselves and the league as people buy their jerseys more than small market player's jersey of the same skill.
Linsanity wouldn't be a big thing if it happened in okc.

Bandito
01-09-2014, 11:21 AM
What would people prefer? Supersonic's back or a brand new Vegas team?
That's a tough question to answer bro...:(

Me personally I would prefer Las Vegas but is not like the Supersonics being back in Seattle is that bad of a choice.

JohnFreeman
01-09-2014, 11:22 AM
That's a tough question to answer bro...:(

Me personally I would prefer Las Vegas but is not like the Supersonics being back in Seattle is that bad of a choice.

I am not sure what the attendance would be like in Vegas. Seattle probably deserves their team back.

Flash31
01-09-2014, 11:32 AM
I am not sure what the attendance would be like in Vegas. Seattle probably deserves their team back.

Attendance in Vegas would be huge
due to a large cuty,not much else besides Boxing,strip
and the gambling circuit for it would be lots of high rollers

The big problem with having a team in Vegas is well Vegas.

We've already had refs admit to betting on games.We had extremely incompetent boxing judges.We had the Biggest Fight in Boxing recently almost ruined due to a corrupt judge so

How will a team that's literally in Gambling Central and has that city's backing fare.
A team in Vegas would be great for business,fans yet horrible for actual games.

You'd probably have people in the stands with their literal financial life on the line every game,the line on the game would be beyond corrupt and Vegas refs would make Donaghy look like a clean Goat type ref.

Players would be tempted at every go,people would try to bribe anyone-
players,coaches,refs,timekeeper,ballboys.

Would be something to see though

sejoon101
01-09-2014, 12:58 PM
LOL @ even discussing Vegas.

Why is Miami such a crap city for a team? Too much stuff to do. Only professional team that even had somewhat love was the Dolphins in the 90's, largely due to the huge population of the Hispanic community reppin Marino.

Vegas? You guys kidding me, Vegas?? MMA has a lot of loyal fans that are die hard. In Japan they give standing ovations after "boring" fights, in Brazil the energy is crazy like no other, when UFC events are held in Anaheim or other cities of the US, the crowd is really into it.

Vegas draws the worst fuqqin crowds of any city in the WORLD. They boo literally everything. How on earth they boo a Cormier fight, or a Mayweather fight seriously shatters my mind.
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk158/sejoon101/132.gif (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/sejoon101/media/132.gif.html)

ISH talks about how much crappy Miami fans are, leaving during middle of games... You guys seriously think a Vegas crowd will sit through 3 hours of indoor basketball? Seriously... How did Vegas even come to mind? Give Seattle a team already. *SMH* end rant

Bigsmoke
01-09-2014, 01:07 PM

:pimp:

KingBeasley08
01-09-2014, 01:49 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Don't know why people want you banned. If you were gone, we'd miss gems like this :oldlol:

plowking
01-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Miami should be sent to Vancouver. Canada needs more than one team. Lebron's going to be taking his talents elsewhere soon anyway.

For someone who pretends not to care about the situation at all, you sure are bitter as hell for someone with no interest.
All you post is Wilt love, and hate on Lebron. :oldlol:

NugzFan
01-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Disagree about San Antonio being loyal. It's easy to goto games when they always win and have no competition (other sports teams)

Is like to see if the fans show up if they have a couple losing seasons.