View Full Version : Blake Griffin just slammed on Kris Humphries

Jameerthefear
01-09-2014, 01:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/GJnbfrT.gif

Gonna get a video in a second... wow.
video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yc0I3-ZVmI

Fudge
01-09-2014, 01:27 AM
Most of his posters are offensive fouls, using that left arm to prop himself up more. Ain't impressed doe.

Fiasco
01-09-2014, 01:27 AM
That marks the second time a Kardashian's taken a facial on camera.

ripthekik
01-09-2014, 01:28 AM
didn't know pedo's enjoy slams

Jameerthefear
01-09-2014, 01:30 AM
video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yc0I3-ZVmI

moe94
01-09-2014, 01:31 AM
didn't know pedo's enjoy slams

Keep it to that thread. You're following dude over boards and shit. You're obsessed. This isn't healthy.

Another power layup. He just wants to murder people, regardless of how far out he is.

nycjeff45
01-09-2014, 01:32 AM
nothing pretty at all about this one...

ripthekik
01-09-2014, 01:35 AM
Keep it to that thread. You're following dude over boards and shit. You're obsessed. This isn't healthy.

Another power layup. He just wants to murder people, regardless of how far out he is.
how about you stop following me around :confusedshrug:

andgar923
01-09-2014, 01:38 AM
Hate to downplay it, but ya'll know it was coming anyway....

But some of Blake's "dunks" aren't really "dunks".

Fudge
01-09-2014, 01:39 AM
Ripthekik ain't lyin doe. You follow people around as well. Mainly me. But I like it.

Brujesino
01-09-2014, 01:39 AM

Came here to say this

Budadiiii
01-09-2014, 01:40 AM
Ripthekik ain't lyin doe. You follow people around as well. Mainly me. But I like it.
On me doe. That n*gga weird.

He cool though, but he's mad gay.

moe94
01-09-2014, 01:41 AM
how about you stop following me around :confusedshrug:

Don't flatter yourself. You're following dude around over BOARDS, forget threads. That's messed up. I noticed.

Budadiiii
01-09-2014, 01:45 AM
Don't flatter yourself. You're following dude around over BOARDS, forget threads. That's messed up. I noticed.
You followed ripthekik and noticed he was following Jameer?

You're starting to take this shit way too serious.

LT Ice Cream
01-09-2014, 01:47 AM
Deandre's reaction :applause:

Darius
01-09-2014, 01:48 AM
Don't bother posting Blake dunks. ISH hipsters gon hipster.

"It ain't a dunk doe!" "Dat off-arm doe!"

:oldlol:

moe94

:biggums:

I clicked on that anime thread and saw rip dissing jameer randomly. :roll:

As for the second part, just stop. Those words should never be used by you, ironic or otherwise.

Rake2204

But some of Blake's "dunks" aren't really "dunks".I enjoyed it. I've always looked at dunks as "force-ins" - a showing of authority - whether one's hand hits the rim or not. I've actually always been quite impressed with those types of dunks (where they can be thrown down without hitting the rim) because a player's gotta be up in the air a-ways in order to develop the angle to make that possible.

Brizzly
01-09-2014, 01:50 AM

it is a dunk

moe94
01-09-2014, 01:53 AM
it is a dunk

Didn't touch rim doe

Dro
01-09-2014, 01:59 AM

Its true though...:bowdown: Its just not that impressive...It is what it is....

Pointguard
01-09-2014, 02:00 AM
There is a lot of history between those two. Small sample below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pbic-yChQU

Fiasco
01-09-2014, 02:00 AM
Didn't touch rim doe

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dunk

basketball : to jump high in the air and push (the ball) down through the basket

andgar923
01-09-2014, 02:01 AM

But it aint really a dunk-DUNK.

He's tossing it more than anything, he's barely even gracing the rim with the top of his fingers.

I mean, it looks powerful and all, but he's tossing it in.

Budadiiii
01-09-2014, 02:03 AM
:biggums:

I clicked on that anime thread and saw rip dissing jameer randomly. :roll:

As for the second part, just stop. Those words should never be used by you, ironic or otherwise.
Dude, it's just me and you. You and I. Stop trying to put on a show for everyone.

Stay true to your character, and stop taking this shit so literal and serious.. relax man, it's all good

Rake2204
Its true though...:bowdown: Its just not that impressive...It is what it is....Obviously, it's all a matter of opinion, but I was impressed. That feller rose up with no dribble from way-the-hell-out-there, attacked a 6'9'' defender head-on, and still found a way to throw that thing down. Though perhaps I am just easily amused. Whether or not his hand hit the rim isn't really the threshold for me as to whether I consider a play cool or not.

Brizzly
But it aint really a dunk-DUNK.

He's tossing it more than anything, he's barely even gracing the rim with the top of his fingers.

I mean, it looks powerful and all, but he's tossing it in.

a dunk is when u shot it in a downward motion, he did that.

andgar923
01-09-2014, 02:07 AM
a dunk is when u shot it in a downward motion, he did that.

Meh.. some of you have a very loose interpretation of what a dunk is I suppose.:confusedshrug:

moe94
01-09-2014, 02:08 AM
Dude, it's just me and you. You and I. Stop trying to put on a show for everyone.

Stay true to your character, and stop taking this shit so literal and serious.. relax man, it's all good

Hey man, stop bullying me. :biggums:

Brizzly
01-09-2014, 02:09 AM
Meh.. some of you have a very loose interpretation of what a dunk is I suppose.:confusedshrug:

it is not a interpretation it is the definition

Dro
01-09-2014, 02:10 AM
Obviously, it's all a matter of opinion, but I was impressed. That feller rose up with no dribble from way-the-hell-out-there, attacked a 6'9'' defender head-on, and still found a way to throw that thing down. Though perhaps I am just easily amused. Whether or not his hand hit the rim isn't really the threshold for me as to whether I consider a play cool or not.
I see what you're saying but to me, how much his hand is touching the rim does matter. It just doesnt make the dunk look powerful to me, it looks like a really difficult, super nice layup+and 1...I think its better than a layup but I cant think of a word between layup and dunk:confusedshrug:

Rake2204
01-09-2014, 02:12 AM
Meh.. some of you have a very loose interpretation of what a dunk is I suppose.:confusedshrug:I think the dunk, in the beginning, truly was just about throwing the ball through the hoop, like how we do when we're throwing away garbage from point blank range (as opposed to trying to shoot it upward and in). It's just, I think people found out real quick that it's tough to force the ball down on a 10 foot basket without hitting one's hand on the rim (before the rim interaction itself became a separate art form).

I think Griffin's Space Jam flushes are just another evolution of the dunk, since taken on by many others (Gerald Henderson on Dwight Howard, for one). It's a pretty awesome looking play to me, regardless of title. But I personally still consider it a dunk, with or without hand-rim interaction.

moe94
01-09-2014, 02:14 AM
it is not a interpretation it is the definition

Stop being a punk as if this is new and Blake hasn't been called out on this. It's a dunk, by pure technical definition, sure, but is he touching rim or throwing the ball in? It's even harder than a true dunk. I like it. Always have.

BGriffin's Dad
01-09-2014, 02:18 AM
anyone calling it a layup doesn't understand what a layup is... no laying, no up about it.

call it a throwdown if you want

Brizzly
01-09-2014, 02:19 AM
anyone calling it a layup doesn't understand what a layup is

Budadiiii
01-09-2014, 02:20 AM
It was a neat play.

Do I win?

notatop29pg
01-09-2014, 02:21 AM
Both Blake and DJ try to do the whole "throw it down" thing several times a game and miss more often than not (especially DJ). It certainly costs them more points than it makes them.

inclinerator
01-09-2014, 02:22 AM
he dunked on his brother

B-hoop
01-09-2014, 02:23 AM
Both Blake and DJ try to do the whole "throw it down" thing several times a game and miss more often than not (especially DJ). It certainly costs them more points than it makes them.

Please show one video of Blake trying a "throw it down" and missing this season..

Rake2204
01-09-2014, 02:29 AM
It is often interesting to me to see how one's mere label of a given play can often influence as to whether they find said play exceptional. Like, if Griffin had somehow hit the rim with his hand (while doing everything else the exact same), would it have been much different? It's not as if Griffin just tossed up a floater plus a foul (something we all could do).

In my opinion, I find these types of throw-down dunk plays more impressive than many rim-interacting poster slams. A lot guys out there can catch a defender sleeping and poke on him in close proximity to the basket. But a very select few athletes in the world can take off from where Griffin did, absorb contact so far away from the basket, and still finish the play by extending to throw the ball through the hoop.

The "Not a dunk though" posts seem to suggest this type of play therefore has reduced or limited merit. I would not agree with this stance.

Please show one video of Blake trying a "throw it down" and missing this season..I don't have a Blake example off-hand, but I do have a Vince Carter example. If he'd finished this play, whether his fingertips skimmed the rim or not, it would have been one of the most spectacular throw downs I've ever seen on a basketball court. Heck, even while missing, it's still one of the crazier plays I've seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4R73npxvGk

moe94
01-09-2014, 02:32 AM
Why doesn't Blake just wig out and take out Z-Bo?

Fiasco
01-09-2014, 02:36 AM
Stop being a punk as if this is new and Blake hasn't been called out on this. It's a dunk, by pure technical definition, sure, but is he touching rim or throwing the ball in? It's even harder than a true dunk. I like it. Always have.

If the question is "is this a dunk" then this sentence is completely irrelevant lol

TheReal Kendall
01-09-2014, 02:37 AM
All I know is when I was growing up you didn't dunk the ball unless you actually grabbed or touched the rim.

Those throw ins aren't dunks to me and I agree with the of the poster on this.

It's something in between a layup and a dunk.

I would prefer him to grab the rim and hang on it but that's just my preference. It looks better to me.

When he throws it in like that it looks like he came up short which doesn't look good.

Like the Perk play although that did look nice cause he was so high but it would have been better if he grabbed or hung on the rim

Ancient Legend
01-09-2014, 02:38 AM
Not a dunk. Next.

moe94
01-09-2014, 02:41 AM
If the question is "is this a dunk" then this sentence is completely irrelevant lol

What the hell are you even talking about? When most people think of "dunk" they sure as hell don't picture what Blake is famous for, his throw downs. That's undeniable.

Remember when Dwight did his Superman dunk? No one would shut up about how it wasn't even a dunk. I wonder why.

TheReal Kendall
01-09-2014, 02:43 AM
What the hell are you even talking about? When most people think of "dunk" they sure as hell don't picture what Blake is famous for, his throw downs. That's undeniable.

Remember when Dwight did his Superman dunk? No one would shut up about how it wasn't even a dunk. I wonder why.

You mean people that don't know anything about bball right?

That was a Superman Layup

Brizzly
01-09-2014, 02:43 AM

cuz they retards like u

moe94
01-09-2014, 02:49 AM
cuz they retards like u

At least form a proper sentence if you're going to call people retards.

BGriffin's Dad
01-09-2014, 02:54 AM
It's something in between a layup and a dunk

no, if anything a dunk is between a layup and a throwdown

if Blake did the exact same motions a little closer to the hoop, everyone would be calling it a great dunk... but he's somehow punished for being able to throw it down even further away from the bucket, it's stupid.. most of ISH is stupid

sc19
01-09-2014, 02:54 AM
Humphries got lay-up'd on. :applause:

ProfessorMurder
01-09-2014, 02:58 AM
Lillard's game winning dunk against Cleveland was better.

http://5.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/fzX51A1.gif

moe94
01-09-2014, 02:59 AM
Lillard's game winning dunk against Cleveland was better.

http://5.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/fzX51A1.gif

:bowdown: :roll:

Fiasco
01-09-2014, 04:00 AM

What the hell is this guy talking about? The only thing people even know Griffin for is dunks. Now Griffin doesn't dunk? He does throw downs?

:oldlol: get this clown offline, please.

BGriffin's Dad
01-09-2014, 04:03 AM
"all he does is dunk" but they aren't dunks :lol

moe94
01-09-2014, 04:07 AM
What the hell is this guy talking about? The only thing people even know Griffin for is dunks. Now Griffin doesn't dunk? He does throw downs?

:oldlol: get this clown offline, please.

You're like a menstruating broad who has no reading comprehension.

Why are you so damn salty?

I love Blake's dunking and this particular dunk as well, if that means anything to you, which it probably does considering your hoe @ss is taking this the wrong way.

I was just trying to show a different viewpoint and how calling his throw-ins not real dunks has some merit.

Fiasco
01-09-2014, 05:05 AM
You're like a menstruating broad who has no reading comprehension.

A moron and a sexist. Oh boy, a dying breed!

Why are you so damn salty?

I love Blake's dunking and this particular dunk as well, if that means anything to you, which it probably does considering your hoe @ss is taking this the wrong way.

I care more about what pauk thinks about Kobe than anything you have to offer, if that means anything to you.

I'm salty for calling out your supporting argument as being irrelevant to the question at hand? People call out Blake for only dunking.... yet you assert Blake doesn't actually "dunk" and this is what his detractors criticize him most for?

Uh?

I was just trying to show a different viewpoint and how calling his throw-ins not real dunks has some merit.

Oh my god. How is it not a real dunk.... when the definition of a dunk is being met? :roll:

Your viewpoint is awful as is your method of discourse. Try again.

moe94
01-09-2014, 05:09 AM
I'm salty for calling out your supporting argument as being irrelevant to the question at hand? People call out Blake for only dunking.... yet you assert Blake doesn't actually "dunk" and this is what his detractors criticize him most for?

I love how you spent most of that flat out attacking. Shows your great discourse and intelligence, to a great extent. I actually had to edit out the nonsense....you know the irrelevant stuff.:oldlol:

As for what I said and you STILL don't get, I never said Blake only does the throw-ins. I was talking SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THEM AND THEM ONLY. Most of Blake's dunks are TRADITIONAL dunks.

Basically, your post had no reason to exist outside you being mad. That's the reality of the situation.

GASOL IS GOAT
01-09-2014, 05:09 AM
A moron and a sexist. Oh boy, a dying breed!

I care more about what pauk thinks about Kobe than anything you have to offer, if that means anything to you.

Uh?

Oh my god. How is it not a real dunk.... when the definition of a dunk is being met? :roll:

Your viewpoint is awful as is your method of discourse. Try again.
:applause:

JohnFreeman
01-09-2014, 05:13 AM
Less KIA commercials and more post moves please.

RalphLawler
01-09-2014, 05:20 AM
Oh Meeeee Oh Myyyyyy!

RalphLawler
01-09-2014, 05:21 AM
Less KIA commercials and more post moves please.

He's getting better with his moves, better at FTs and better and jumpshots. Watch him play this year before talking.

JohnFreeman
01-09-2014, 05:24 AM
He's getting better with his moves, better at FTs and better and jumpshots. Watch him play this year before talking.

I have watched him play? hence me having an opinion on his post moves.

Fiasco
01-09-2014, 05:24 AM
I love how you spent most of that flat out attacking. Shows your great discourse and intelligence, to a great extent. I actually had to edit out the nonsense....you know the irrelevant stuff.:oldlol:

So you deny the fact that you first remark was moronic and sexist? Where else could I have addressed you ad hominem?

As for what I said and you STILL don't get, I never said Blake only does the throw-ins. I was talking SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THEM AND THEM ONLY. Most of Blake's dunks are TRADITIONAL dunks.

Okay. So everyone else is arguing whether or not this dunk (Blake/Kris) is an actual dunk and you're trying to make a different point by entering a completely different dialogue? How does that make sense?

Please find me at least ten different instances of reputable observers calling Blake out specifically for these "throw ins". It shouldn't be that hard, given how strongly you insist this is an issue.

Basically, your post had no reason to exist outside you being mad. That's the reality of the situation.

I'm just here to educate.

Pushxx
01-09-2014, 05:32 AM
He's improved a lot this year. He's more enjoyable to watch.

That said, the way he pushed up with his left arm ruins that play.

shallehalle
01-09-2014, 06:23 AM
I really like Griffins dunks, but one is.. i don't know.. it's kind of borind to me. Maybe i just got used to LAC dunks, because they are all over the NBA top 10's..

Lebron23
01-09-2014, 09:04 AM
He got Mosgov.

Teanett
01-09-2014, 09:18 AM
overrated. just because it's a white guy dunking on a white guy...

CeltsGarlic
01-09-2014, 10:17 AM
overrated. just because it's a white guy dunking on a white guy...

10+ pages just because of this post..

Rake2204
01-09-2014, 10:29 AM
All I know is when I was growing up you didn't dunk the ball unless you actually grabbed or touched the rim.

Those throw ins aren't dunks to me and I agree with the of the poster on this.

It's something in between a layup and a dunk.

I would prefer him to grab the rim and hang on it but that's just my preference. It looks better to me.

When he throws it in like that it looks like he came up short which doesn't look good.

Like the Perk play although that did look nice cause he was so high but it would have been better if he grabbed or hung on the rimI am on the other side of this. When I was growing up, if someone were able to rise high enough into the air to throw the ball forcefully down into the hoop from above the rim, from that far away, without having to even make contact with that rim, that would have been an incredible athletic feat around my way, and it would have blown whatever other lame dunks we were doing out of the water.

And to your other point regarding coming up short, I'm again on the other side of the fence. To me, that's Griffin taking what should be a non-dunkable play, and making it a dunkable play. 99.9999% of every other basketball player in the world would have had to attempted to finish that play with an arcing floater, layup, or short jumper attempt, thanks to how far out the defender met the offensive attacker on that play. However, Griffin was able to elevate and extend in order to still finish with the emphatic throwdown. To me it's like, "You thought you met me far enough away from the hoop to stop me but I'm still throwing it down on your head."

I think if Griffin were close enough, he'd prefer to grab or hit the rim. It's just he (and some other dunkers now) are figuring out they can sometimes finish with throwdowns further away from the hoop than they thought. And to me, dunks are about forcing or throwing the ball down into the hoop from above, so I view these plays as dunks.

I mean, if someone at the park were to finish like Griffin did last night, would you guys not step back and say, "Okay, holy hell... that dude just rose up and threw that dunk down despite that 250 pound guy trying to stand him up four feet away from the hoop. Wow." I cannot really imagine people witnessing that play and being like, "Mehh... not quite as good as Jerry's rim-hitting slammer from a moment ago."

Rolando
01-09-2014, 10:40 AM
It looked an awful lot like an offensive foul to me. Humphries is standing there with his hand up, didn't jump up or toward Blake who basically lands on him as he dunks. Weird play. The dunk is cool though.

Bandito
01-09-2014, 11:17 AM

I think moe just noticed ripthekik was following Jameer because he (as in moe) is in fact following Jameer. :banana:

imdaman99
01-09-2014, 11:23 AM
This guy tries to murder ppl and then he wonders why dudes give him flagrant fouls? F that.

You try to posterize me and embarrass me by putting your balls in my face, I'm gonna put you on the floor. Me and my 140 lb frame :roll: I was sayin, if I was in the NBA :pimp:

Trollsmasher
01-09-2014, 11:32 AM
anyone calling it a layup doesn't understand what a layup is... no laying, no up about it.

call it a throwdown if you want
laydown?:confusedshrug:

highwhey
01-09-2014, 12:05 PM
It looked an awful lot like an offensive foul to me. Humphries is standing there with his hand up, didn't jump up or toward Blake who basically lands on him as he dunks. Weird play. The dunk is cool though.
most of griffins dunks look like fouls, its beyond me why the refs dont call it

BGriffin's Dad
01-09-2014, 01:15 PM
laydown?:confusedshrug:

it's being forcefully thrown in, not softly laid into the basket

kamil
01-09-2014, 01:22 PM
That marks the second time a Kardashian's taken a facial on camera.

</thread>

T-Low
01-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Not a dunk.

DuMa
01-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Not a dunk.
http://i.imgur.com/HSgcI3r.gif

GOBB
01-09-2014, 02:09 PM
What happened to StroShow stickied dunk thread????

gts
01-09-2014, 03:00 PM
What happened to StroShow stickied dunk thread????

Somewhere in the archives aka as a couple hundred pages back...

Here's one for the dunk of the night

http://www.twcsportsnet.com/videos/2014/01/08/dunk-cam--worthy-and-byron-over-jd