I didn't even know they sent him to the D-League
15th pick

East_Stone_Ya
01-09-2014, 02:44 AM
Get him the hell out of there.

he needs to get out of the Wolves, otherwise he will rot in the bench again

bdreason
01-09-2014, 02:45 AM
I thought this guy would be an immediate contributer in the NBA. Adelman doesn't seem to be a fan of young players in general.

moe94
01-09-2014, 02:46 AM
that last dunk was so harden-esque

:oldlol: @ 1:17

Dude is toying with them. He was skipping around.

Yeah, I definitely see Harden.

waseem780
01-09-2014, 02:49 AM
Anybody notice that he looks more fit and athletic

Black and White
01-09-2014, 02:58 AM
A team needs to trade for him.

notatop29pg
01-09-2014, 03:16 AM
He's no Pierre Jackson though.

B-Easy8
01-09-2014, 04:32 AM
Meanwhile Wolves lose again.

coin24
01-09-2014, 04:45 AM
Adelman :lol What a retard..

Sat Williams all season now they have Shabazz rotting away when they need scoring badly:facepalm

Hopefully they trade him then. Wolves stay shitty..

LexiKhan
01-09-2014, 06:58 AM
And Shabazz (much like Derrick Williams) doesn't even play because adelman prefers scrubs like Robbie Hummel and Dante Cuningham :facepalm .

Lebron23
01-09-2014, 07:48 AM
He needs to get out of Minnessota. That's why Adelman has zero NBA titles as a coach. The guy doesn't trust his rookies.

Joshumitsu
01-09-2014, 03:24 PM
This year's Harrison Barnes. Imo, his ceiling is Caron Butler but with better instinct for the ball.

Also, I'm willing to bet the moment the Wolves trade or lose him, he'll explode.

CelticBaller
01-09-2014, 03:34 PM
A team needs to trade for him.
Celtics

Marshon Brooks for him

chocolatethunder
01-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Yes! One good D league game means that the guy is going to be an all star in the NBA. I mean look at Kendall Marshall. I his first two games he had over 15 assists each game. He's def gonna average 15apg for the year. When determining a player's value, always use the smallest sample size possible, you'll never miss.

moe94
01-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Yes! One good D league game means that the guy is going to be an all star in the NBA. I mean look at Kendall Marshall. I his first two games he had over 15 assists each game. He's def gonna average 15apg for the year. When determining a player's value, always use the smallest sample size possible, you'll never miss.

You're tripping. He looked too dominant out there and clearly was not trying. He made that obvious and seemed borderline disrespectful. What you're saying is correct, but ease up a bit. He has no business there at all. None.

jzek
01-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Bennett should be in this league or the E-League :facepalm

DuMa
01-09-2014, 04:04 PM
This dude is clearly 24 years old already

veilside23
01-09-2014, 04:18 PM
can the nets somehow get this guy i mean seriously he will get PT and be on a playoff team

Black and White
01-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Celtics

Marshon Brooks for him

Yep deal, will help clear a guard we don't need and who knows, he may explode.

noob cake
01-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Adelman is a notorious rookie hater

salwan
01-09-2014, 04:24 PM
that was an impressive performance, but still..

Most of his points in the D-league game came from manhandling those guys under the basket, getting tip ins and offensive rebounds.. which he won't be able to do in the NBA.

he would be most effective on the break, but the wolves don't really run the floor well.

and I doubt he can hit his shot consistently.

he should be traded to a team that gives him minutes.

Black and White
01-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Adelman is a notorious rookie hater

This, see Derrick Williams

Only exception was Ricky Rubio, but Adelman would have looked too obvious if he benched him lol

Black and White
01-09-2014, 04:26 PM
that was an impressive performance, but still..

Most of his points in the D-league game came from manhandling those guys under the basket, getting tip ins and offensive rebounds.. which he won't be able to do in the NBA.

he would be most effective on the break, but the wolves don't really run the floor well.

and I doubt he can hit his shot consistently.

he should be traded to a team that gives him minutes.

As CB said, we should look at getting him

salwan
01-09-2014, 04:29 PM
As CB said, we should look at getting him

:rockon: get it done danny, haha. he could run the floor with rondo

Black and White
01-09-2014, 04:31 PM
:rockon: get it done danny, haha. he could run the floor with rondo

He would be great with Rondo, if the Hayward thing doesn't work out, Shabazz could be something to fall back upon

chocolatethunder
01-10-2014, 10:50 AM
You're tripping. He looked too dominant out there and clearly was not trying. He made that obvious and seemed borderline disrespectful. What you're saying is correct, but ease up a bit. He has no business there at all. None.
He has plenty of business being there. He's a rookie, if he can't get any burn in Minnesota, then he should be playing. People need to stop looking at this as some sort of insult. He's a rookie, he hasn't earned anything. He needs to develop. One game in the D League doesn't mean much. I hope that he tears the D league up and ends up being a decent player. Looking dominant in d League game doesn't really mean that you're gonna tear up the league. I'm not saying he won't be decent player but there is nothing disrespectful about having to play in the d league. Respect is earned not given. His bad attitude has already been noted from UCLA. I guarantee you that if any rookie was killing it in practice they will be playing in the games. In spite of what everyone says about Adelman, he will play rookies. He sure played Jason Williams. You gotta earn it tho. I have no idea what goes on in Wolves practices and neither does anyone else on this board.

coin24
01-10-2014, 02:16 PM
He has plenty of business being there. He's a rookie, if he can't get any burn in Minnesota, then he should be playing. People need to stop looking at this as some sort of insult. He's a rookie, he hasn't earned anything. He needs to develop. One game in the D League doesn't mean much. I hope that he tears the D league up and ends up being a decent player. Looking dominant in d League game doesn't really mean that you're gonna tear up the league. I'm not saying he won't be decent player but there is nothing disrespectful about having to play in the d league. Respect is earned not given. His bad attitude has already been noted from UCLA. I guarantee you that if any rookie was killing it in practice they will be playing in the games. In spite of what everyone says about Adelman, he will play rookies. He sure played Jason Williams. You gotta earn it tho. I have no idea what goes on in Wolves practices and neither does anyone else on this board.

Well by watching wolves games id say not a whole lot is going on in practice.
Either Adelman is overrated, or that team is a dud.
We've been told they'd be a playoff team when finally healthy, well no, they look like shit.
They need scoring badly a lot of nights and Adelman just had Williams/shabazz rotting on the bench.
How can you lose all 10 close games like that?:facepalm

chocolatethunder
01-10-2014, 02:31 PM
We've been told they'd be a playoff team when finally healthy, well no, they look like shit.
They need scoring badly a lot of nights and Adelman just had Williams/shabazz rotting on the bench.
I'm telling you this, Adelman is a good coach. I assure you that if Shabazz had shown signs of being capable offensively then he would be playing. Please, Williams is no stud. Players earn their time in practices and they maintain their time by producing in games. Nothing is given. Adelman is a smart dude. Adelman never won a championship because in Portland he faced Jordan and in Sacto he had the Lakers to beat.

ProfessorMurder
01-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Marshon Brooks just dumped all over the dleague too, doesn't mean much.

chocolatethunder
01-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Marshon Brooks just dumped all over the dleague too, doesn't mean much.
Thanks. Someone with some sense. It's like dudes who go off in summer league. It doesn't mean that they stink, it just doesn't mean that they're good. The D league is exactly like summer league. The rosters are filled with guys who will never play in the league. The competition is not the same. Probably only 20-25% of the D league is capable of playing in the league.

Genaro
01-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Adelman is the same guy who didn't give playing time to Drazen

kNicKz
01-10-2014, 03:40 PM
JR for Shabazz

Lebron23
01-10-2014, 03:42 PM

This

Drazen was a f*cking beast. He scored 110 points in some european league, and held his own against MJ in some international competitions.

FireDavidKahn
01-10-2014, 04:01 PM
DLeague doesn't mean much at all but at least he is playing well.

chips93
01-10-2014, 04:04 PM
He needs to get out of Minnessota. That's why Adelman has zero NBA titles as a coach. The guy doesn't trust his rookies.

thats why he has zero rings?

and there i was, thinking its because he had to go up against peak jordan, and then shaq and kobe in the finals

:rolleyes:

id have to disagree. love is the best outlet passer in the league, rubio is a great passer, and martin and brewer both get a couple easy buckets on the break every game. they are a great running team, imo.

chocolatethunder
01-10-2014, 05:26 PM
And play him in front of whom? Drexler? Really.

LexiKhan
01-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Well, Barea, Cunningham and Hummell (who may play within his abilities but doesn't deserve 11 mpg) aren't really proving anything on the court. Actually the bench can't score at all and guess what shabazz is good at? At least give him a chance, it's not like there are better options, this team can't even win half the games they play.

FireDavidKahn
01-10-2014, 06:01 PM
:rolleyes:
So Rookies are the key to NBA championships?:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

oarabbus
01-10-2014, 06:14 PM

Agreed. They had Kirilenko last year though, I think if he was on this current Wolves team (and healthy) they would be real dangerous. Regardless of what anyone says dude is still a beast and plays winning basketball. He was a key part of the nets snapping the Warriors road trip streak. Curry didn't score a single point with Kirilenko on him but was torching Teletovic and Livingston.

Wolves need defense particularly rim protection. God damn Pekovic gets me like a block once ever 3 games maybe in fantasy.

KGMN
01-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Shabazz had pretty impressive statistics in his first two D-League games; however, despite wanting him to succeed in the NBA (as a Wolves fan), I just don't see it. He's not a good shooter, and can't create because of his awful handling skills. His passing ability leaves a lot to be desired, and defensively, he has trouble staying in front of his man. The skill I'm most impressed with from Muhammad is his aggressiveness on the boards, but at 6'6'', he doesn't have a natural advantage.

Altogether, although I want him to succeed, I don't have any idea how he will be able to.

Buzissa
01-10-2014, 09:45 PM
This second unit with Turiaf and Budinger looks good.
Only Shved pisses me off. Very poor body language. He is not the playmaker he was supposed to be and can't hit consistently open 3's. Move Budinger to SG and give some minutes to Shabazz. I don't follow college basketball, but a 14th pick can't be worse than Shved.

christian1923
01-10-2014, 09:49 PM
Damn the d league must really suck

La Frescobaldi
01-10-2014, 09:50 PM
Shabazz had pretty impressive statistics in his first two D-League games; however, despite wanting him to succeed in the NBA (as a Wolves fan), I just don't see it. He's not a good shooter, and can't create because of his awful handling skills. His passing ability leaves a lot to be desired, and defensively, he has trouble staying in front of his man. The skill I'm most impressed with from Muhammad is his aggressiveness on the boards, but at 6'6'', he doesn't have a natural advantage.

Altogether, although I want him to succeed, I don't have any idea how he will be able to.

exactly true and also he is physically very weak. He's not ready to play basketball against men.

JerryWest
01-10-2014, 09:53 PM
So did Jeremy Lamb, and he's been horrible :facepalm

La Frescobaldi
01-10-2014, 09:53 PM
And Shabazz (much like Derrick Williams) doesn't even play because adelman prefers scrubs like Robbie Hummel and Dante Cuningham :facepalm .

Are we talking about the Derrick Williams who went to the Kings, started 7 games and immediately went back to the bench?

Buzissa
01-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Adelman gave Williams enough opportunities. We was just not good enough.

La Frescobaldi
01-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Adelman gave Williams enough opportunities. We was just not good enough.
wrong system on both Wolves & Kings. DW is a fine player his chance will come to shine

iDunk
01-11-2014, 12:38 AM
He looks sorta out of shape, maybe its just the way his body is shaped..

Yeah but he looks good, he's an NBA player. Star potential.

andremiller07
01-11-2014, 12:45 AM
Are we talking about the Derrick Williams who went to the Kings, started 7 games and immediately went back to the bench?
The same Kings that got Rudy Gay who would easily start for the Twolves, Derrick Williams has been playing well again you just got to get him a couple touches and he's a good player.

Haymaker
01-11-2014, 01:04 AM

Same as Scott Brooks.

G-train
01-11-2014, 02:52 AM
Right now, this guy is not an NBA player.