PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolves turmoil: After latest loss Love torches Barea, Cunningham for pouting on

Lebron23
01-09-2014, 06:25 AM
[quote]MINNEAPOLIS

BoutPractice
01-09-2014, 06:30 AM
Goes 4-20, throws teammates under the bus. Great choke by the Wolves last night by the way, as said in the article they're now 0-10 in games decided by 4 or less and it's not a coincidence...

Trentknicks
01-09-2014, 06:32 AM
Dude gets a lot of hate, but I say good on him for being a man and a leader about it. Hope they don't implode, they are a likeable enough team. Might have been brewing for a while though, Love and Barea have had to be separated at timeouts in the past.

ripthekik
01-09-2014, 06:33 AM
This guy is exactly the same as lebron.. he needs to join a superstar team soon or he won't win any rings

aj1987
01-09-2014, 06:36 AM
This guy is exactly the same as lebron.. he needs to join a superstar team soon or he won't win any rings
Yeah, he needs someone to bail him out whenever he goes 6/24 or something like that.

Lebron23
01-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Is he a free agent in the off season?? It looks like he's not gonna resign with the Wolves. Wolves have some good talents. I am very surprise that they aren't a playoffs teams right now, and they need a closer in the 4th quarter.

LBJ actually led the league in 4th quarter scoring from 2007 to 2010.

ripthekik
01-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Yeah, he needs someone to bail him out whenever he goes 6/24 or something like that.
Only if he can take a team of only 1 all star to game 7 of the nba finals.
But I think he's the type that needs 2 all star teammates to get there. Oh, maybe add another one of the greatest shooters of all time before he can even get to game 7?

Eric Cartman
01-09-2014, 06:48 AM
Is he a free agent in the off season?? It looks like he's not gonna resign with the Wolves. Wolves have some good talents. I am very surprise that they aren't a playoffs teams right now, and they need a closer in the 4th quarter.

after next year

aj1987
01-09-2014, 06:49 AM
Only if he can take a team of only 1 all star to game 7 of the nba finals.
But I think he's the type that needs 2 all star teammates to get there. Oh, maybe add another one of the greatest shooters of all time before he can even get to game 7?
What about having an absolutely stacked and absolute best front court?

icewill36
01-09-2014, 06:49 AM
he didnt throw them under the bus, so just made a point to say the team needs to stick together, now more than ever. continual losses like that in close games can affect team psyche. they have to stick together through this and believe in each other and the coach. maybe this well help turn it around for them because they have too much talent for this to keep happening.

ripthekik
01-09-2014, 06:50 AM
What about having an absolutely stacked and absolute best front court?
That never happened. A 7ppg and 5rpg role player does not contribute in as a dominate and stacked front court.

Kevin love, in this case, could need it though. Afterall, he's the type that needs 2 all star teammates to get anywhere.

JohnFreeman
01-09-2014, 06:53 AM
Love needs to be surrounded by better shooters. Rubio is just awful

Lebron23
01-09-2014, 06:54 AM
after next year

Love to see him sign with a quality team. His numbers would likely go down, but at least he's gonna win some games.

Euroleague
01-09-2014, 07:21 AM
Love is a loser. It's been known for a long time now.

He needs to STFU.

flipogb
01-09-2014, 07:34 AM
go to Lakers, Young + Kobe + Love = Love with all rebounding records

coin24
01-09-2014, 07:41 AM

He needs to STFU.

Could be worse, he could be Vspan:oldlol:

But yeah Love kind of is an empty stat loser. Although Adelman is a stubborn retard that is half to blame for these losses.. Wolves should be in the 6-8 range:facepalm

hawkfan
01-09-2014, 07:47 AM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

Wolves get

JR Smith

Knicks get

Dante Cunningham
JJ Barea

andremiller07
01-09-2014, 07:49 AM
I always wondered why Derrick Williams seemed so happy to come to Sacramento out of all places.

Euroleague
01-09-2014, 08:13 AM
Could be worse, he could be Vspan:oldlol:

But yeah Love kind of is an empty stat loser. Although Adelman is a stubborn retard that is half to blame for these losses.. Wolves should be in the 6-8 range:facepalm

Spanoulis has won the EuroBasket once and the Euroleague 3 times.

That's 4 European continental wide championships. There's like 2 other lead players in over a decade that have done that.

How the **** is Spanoulis a loser?

coin24
01-09-2014, 08:19 AM
Spanoulis has won the EuroBasket once and the Euroleague 3 times.

That's 4 European continental wide championships. There's like 2 other lead players in over a decade that have done that.

How the **** is Spanoulis a loser?

Eurobasket?? Is that where you audition for Dleague?

yeaaaman
01-09-2014, 08:53 AM

He needs to STFU.

Good point, he should commend pouting veterans and lack of team unity. There, that should do the trick. Now he can be a winner!

I<3NBA
01-09-2014, 09:03 AM
all of Minnesota's problems point to a badly coached team.

Euroleague
01-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Eurobasket?? Is that where you audition for Dleague?

Clown does not even know what EuroBasket is.

:facepalm

Euroleague
01-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Good point, he should commend pouting veterans and lack of team unity. There, that should do the trick. Now he can be a winner!

Maybe he should try playing defense if he is tired of the team losing games.

Nick Young
01-09-2014, 10:14 AM
Love has the heart of a champion and is being held back by these scrubs. Wolves need to sign some Derek Fisher types.

JohnFreeman
01-09-2014, 10:15 AM
I always wondered why Derrick Williams seemed so happy to come to Sacramento out of all places.

I really like Rudy Gay, only bad thing is Derrick Williams doesn't get as many minutes. I thought Lakers would pick up Derrick.

Nick Young
01-09-2014, 10:19 AM
go to Lakers, Young + Kobe + Love = Love with all rebounding records
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The Wolves need a guy like Rudy Gay who isnt afraid to chuck in the 4th quarter and can hit big shots.

Bandito
01-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Love should just STFU. If he cannot bring it and be a real leader about he shouldn't go whine about it in the media. Talk about it with the team not behind their backs. THat is why nobody respects him in the team.

Barea has already won, and had a great leader to follow in Dirk, and sorry Love but you're not Dirk.

Rake2204
01-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Dude gets a lot of hate, but I say good on him for being a man and a leader about it. Hope they don't implode, they are a likeable enough team. Might have been brewing for a while though, Love and Barea have had to be separated at timeouts in the past.Yeah, I honestly have kind of liked how straightforward Kevin Love has presented his issues, both this time and in the past. No one likes being criticized, but sometimes a leader being straightforward is better than making vague hints, beating around the bush, or pretending it's not happening.

Players won't always play well but I think one's hope is for them to always buy in and play hard. If others aren't doing that, I think it's worth confronting. I believe a good and effective team most often truly does require a roster where everyone buys into their role, even the fellers who think they should be playing more. Accept it, maximize it.

STATUTORY
01-09-2014, 10:48 AM
LA Bound

IGOTGAME
01-09-2014, 10:51 AM
Guy is a horrible leader. No need to whine about it to the media. Especially when you are in contract year and you know others dont have the power to come back in the media. It wasn't a planned move to get his teammates going it was just a spurt of the moment whine from a player who hasnt earned enough respect the league to do it, even if it was planned.

wally_world
01-09-2014, 10:52 AM
We'll give you Okafor, Len and a first rounder for Love

Alan
01-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Love should just STFU. If he cannot bring it and be a real leader about he shouldn't go whine about it in the media. Talk about it with the team not behind their backs. THat is why nobody respects him in the team.

Barea has already won, and had a great leader to follow in Dirk, and sorry Love but you're not Dirk.
Cannot bring it? WTF are you talking about? 2nd in scoring and in rebounds at a very respectful 47%. What more does he have to bring?

Bareas championship experience sure isn't helping him play better. He's been one of the more frustrating players on the Wolves roster for the last couple of seasons.

KobeRules24
01-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Love needs to shut up, the reason they loss is because he shot 4-20. Barea and Cunningham not joining the team during a timeout is irrelevant. Maybe if the wolves played Barea more they would be in a better situation. Rubio is just awful. One of the worst shooters of all time.

AI Thornton
01-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Empty lecture. Won't make a difference.

Bandito
01-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Cannot bring it? WTF are you talking about? 2nd in scoring and in rebounds at a very respectful 47%. What more does he have to bring?

Bareas championship experience sure isn't helping him play better. He's been one of the more frustrating players on the Wolves roster for the last couple of seasons.
What about his defense? When all the scrubs score on you there is something wrong about the way you play.

And Barea does what he always do, bring heart and lead from the bench. He's not a starter nor a star. He does what he always did, he's a role player that's it. IT says a lot when you're star instead of telling what he feels to your face goes around you and talk about you behind your back. The main reason they are losing is because they don't have that commanding presence in the locker room. That Dirk, Kobe or Wade. Sorry but Love is not that kind of person.

KobeRules24
01-09-2014, 11:01 AM
What about his defense? When all the scrubs score on you there is something wrong about the way you play.

And Barea does what he always do, bring heart and lead from the bench. He's not a starter nor a star. He does what he always did, he's a role player that's it. IT says a lot when you're star instead of telling what he feels to your face goes around you and talk about you behind your back. The main reason they are losing is because they don't have that commanding presence in the locker room. That Dirk, Kobe or Wade. Sorry but Love is not that kind of person.

You nailed it, I have no respect for Love.

sketchy
01-09-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Love, he's one of the league's best forwards and all, but I don't mind him saying this. The dude is giving his all every night and the team still isn't winning the games they should be. He's frustrated. We can talk about "empty stats" and his poor defense all day long, but at least there's an effort. It's not like he's Gerald Wallace out here averaging 4 points a game but continues blasting the team and individual players after every damn game.

Spaulding
01-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Love needs to be surrounded by better shooters. Rubio is just awful

Rubio is not a scorer and never will be
What three straight seasons under 40 percent from the field? Terrible.

chocolatethunder
01-09-2014, 11:26 AM

Not in the finals tho

Bandito
01-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Rubio is not a scorer and never will be
What three straight seasons under 40 percent from the field? Terrible.
Rubio is a playmaker which they need more that they do a shooter. There are a lot of shooter in the league now but not enough playmakers like Rubio.

handbanana
01-09-2014, 11:38 AM
no wonder, Timberwolves are 0-10 this season in games decided by 4 pts or less.
that must be some kind of record.
here; i just checked it with bbal-reference

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&lg_id=NBA&year_min=2014&year_max=&team_id=MIN&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_is_eds=Y&round_is_edf=Y&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wds=Y&round_is_wdf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_overtime=&c1stat=diff_pts&c1comp=lt&c1val=4&c2stat=diff_pts&c2comp=gt&c2val=-4&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=date_game

CeltsGarlic
01-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Makes me like Love more and more.

Lebron23
01-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Not in the finals tho

Back to back NBA Finals MVP at age 28. At age 22 led his team in the NBA Finals with a 20 yrs.old Daniel Gibson.

R.I.P.
01-09-2014, 11:56 AM

:roll: :roll:

DaSeba5
01-09-2014, 11:57 AM
If he has a problem with his teammates he should talk to them in the private. There is no need to whine to the media about it. Be a leader in your locker room.

Lebron23
01-09-2014, 11:58 AM
If he has a problem with this teammates he should talk to them in the private. There is no need to whine to the media about it. Be a leader in your locker room.

I think he's just frustrated with his team. Adelman don't want to play his rookies, and Rubio still can't shoot.

Love hates Barrea since the Wolves signed him in the 2011-12 off season.

DaSeba5
01-09-2014, 12:00 PM
I think he's just frustrated with his team. Adelman don't want to play his rookies, and Rubio still can't shoot.

Love hates Barrea since the Wolves signed him in the 2011-12 off season.

Sure,and I don't blame him, but he can do that in private.

Lebron23
01-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Sure,and I don't blame him, but he can do that in private.

I don't blame him he's a 6th year NBA veteran with zero playoffs appearance. Just look at David Lee. He's in a much better situation with the Golden state Warriors.

LeBron 06
01-09-2014, 12:07 PM
That never happened. A 7ppg and 5rpg role player does not contribute in as a dominate and stacked front court.

Kevin love, in this case, could need it though. Afterall, he's the type that needs 2 all star teammates to get anywhere.

The 2009 lakers was the best rebounding team in the nba and they was 3rd in offensive rebound

In 2010,the lakers was second in rebound and 4th in offensive rebound

SHABBA
01-09-2014, 12:08 PM
:oldlol:

R.I.P.
01-09-2014, 12:10 PM
If he has a problem with his teammates he should talk to them in the private. There is no need to whine to the media about it. Be a leader in your locker room.

I think he

DMAVS41
01-09-2014, 12:15 PM
If Love wasn't an "empty leader"...what he said was pretty true.

But he hasn't earned the right to say stuff like that as the Wolves have never won over 31 games with him...and he's choking his ass off lately in close games.

Dude is so gone after next year it's a joke. Trade him now...

Mr. NBA
01-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Cunningham and JJ are two of the most high motor guys in the league. Dante has questionable ability but works his ass off every possession. JJ is 5 feet tall and plays bigger than that. His numbers per 36 would be better than Rubio.

We all say Love never had help but the excuse is wearing thin. He needs to commit himself to something other than long bombs and rebounds. He can play on the high post to find cutters for high percentage shots instead. He averages .5 block a game. When one of your stats aren't good enough to make it plural that is saying something. Instead of trying to absorb every rebound, maybe he can box other players out so his team mates can get involved.

Euroleague
01-09-2014, 12:32 PM

Barea can actually shoot and score and he plays behind Rubio all the time that makes the team play 4 on 5 on offense the whole time he is in the game.

Barea should rightfully be pissed. Especially when the star of the team refuses to play any defense and is injury prone and has never won jack shit and is calling him out in the media.

Barea should be rightfully pissed off.

Rubio has been awful his entire career at every level and only won anything when his teammates carried him and won despite his HORRIBLE play, while Love is a career loser.

If anything Barea is the one who should be mouthing off in the media, but he acts professional and does not, unlike Love, who is clearly a prima donna jackass.

alec613
01-09-2014, 12:36 PM
He's coming to LA, but Twolves won't lose him for nothing, so he's gonna get traded for Griffin straight up

Basketbolero
01-09-2014, 12:39 PM
Barea can actually shoot and score and he plays behind Rubio all the time that makes the team play 4 on 5 on offense the whole time he is in the game.

Barea should rightfully be pissed. Especially when the star of the team refuses to play any defense and is injury prone and has never won jack shit and is calling him out in the media.

Rubio has been awful his entire career at every level and only won anything when his teammates carried him and won despite his HORRIBLE play, while Love is a career loser.

If anything Barea is the one who should be mouthing off in the media, but he acts professional and does not, unlike Love, who is clearly a prima donna jackass.
You sandwich your opinions between so much bullsh

2LeTTeRS
01-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Without knowing how he spoke about his own performance or knowing whether or not Love ever spoke to Barea or Cunningham directly its hard to make a concrete position here.

If he bashed himself just as harshly and took it up with Barea or Cunningham then to me this is good leadership from Love; otherwise this was a bit of a bitch move.

Ancient Legend
01-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Love went 4-20 last night, and he also missed 3 consecutive free throws to choke the game against OKC and has the gall to call lil' Barea out.

I've noticed that he doesn't get much joy playing with his teammates, be it Timberwolves or Team USA.

IGOTGAME
01-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Love went 4-20 last night, and he also missed 3 consecutive free throws to choke the game against OKC and has the gall to call lil' Barea out.

I've noticed that he doesn't get much joy playing with his teammates, be it Timberwolves or Team USA.

teammates are just guys trying to take stats from Kevin Love.

Droid101
01-09-2014, 02:06 PM
Without knowing how he spoke about his own performance or knowing whether or not Love ever spoke to Barea or Cunningham directly its hard to make a concrete position here.

If he bashed himself just as harshly and took it up with Barea or Cunningham then to me this is good leadership from Love; otherwise this was a bit of a bitch move.
He didn't call out anyone's performance. He called out two teammates that were sulking on the bench during timeouts during the fourth quarter.

He also said that he would have been "air-holed" by his teammates if he were to do the same thing.

Not a bitch move.

Dro
01-09-2014, 02:38 PM
He didn't call out anyone's performance. He called out two teammates that were sulking on the bench during timeouts during the fourth quarter.

He also said that he would have been "air-holed" by his teammates if he were to do the same thing.

Not a bitch move.
Came in to post this...Everyone is talking about his performance when that was not even the point of his rant:facepalm Ish is just using this as an excuse to jump on a guy they already hate...I agree with the fact that he should contest shots more instead of just laying back so he can get the rebound but other than that, I don't really see a problem with what he did...If you see dudes sitting their pouting and sh*t, grown ass men, you should call them out and I wouldn't have cared who called them out, Corey Brewer or Kevin Martin could have called them out and I would say the same thing...Performance is one thing, but ruining team chemistry with a negative attitude is nonsense, pouting and sh*t..Now THAT'S the bitch move...

Alan
01-09-2014, 04:39 PM

Barea can actually shoot but still manages only 41% FG. His shot selection is suspect at best. And keep in mind he plays against other teams second units as well. Ofc Love isn't a DPOY candidate but people here on ISH make him look far worse than he actually is. And :roll: at the injury prone remark, like that has anything to do with anything. You could call Barea himself injury prone then.

As for the Rubio and playing 4 on 5 part.. He sure doesn't hurt the Wolves offense when they are no. 1 in the league in first quarter scoring. I too have some issues with how he plays and he's far from a decent scorer but the Wolves don't need him to score. If it was up to me, I'd like to see him only attack the basket, take set 3-pointers and never opt for the off the dribble mid-range jumpers (unless its late shot clock situation).

Black and White
01-09-2014, 04:58 PM

He needs to STFU.

:lol He would light up the Euroleague, absolutely torch them

R.I.P.
01-09-2014, 05:02 PM

Not a bitch move.

That also suggests he has been called out by his teammates for his lack of leadership and style of play before. Otherwise he wouldn

magic chiongson
01-09-2014, 05:09 PM
lakers 2015

get all em good usc & ucla players

The_Yearning
01-09-2014, 05:13 PM
At least Blake Griffin keeps his mouth shut. This dude is garbage and talks smacks.

robert de niro
01-09-2014, 05:18 PM
At least Blake Griffin...
Insecure much? :lol

Dro
01-09-2014, 05:34 PM
At least Blake Griffin keeps his mouth shut. This dude is garbage and talks smacks.
This thread is not about Blake Griffin...Ish posters and your man crushes on these dudes:confusedshrug: