PDA

View Full Version : Are you considered a picky eater

Levity
01-10-2014, 06:55 PM
Simple question. Do you or others consider you a picky eater?

My whole life i was labeled as one. Being a kid would suck at certain meals since parents and adults expected me to like everything they ate. and seeing as my moms side is Filipino, you know they tried to get me to eat some gross shit.

but yea, even as an adult, im still fairly picky. however, i can always pick and choose my own meals now, so its never an issue.

TheReal Kendall
01-10-2014, 06:59 PM
As a kid I was but when I got older I stopped giving a fvck

Myth
01-10-2014, 07:04 PM
I've legit only met 1 person in my life who I considered to be a pickier eater than me. Everybody I know jokes about my eating habits being that of a 5 year old.

The only benefit that has come from this is that my mom got sick of catering to me when she was making a meal for the family, so I started preparing my own meals at an early age and became self reliant.

Scholar
01-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Yes.
I don't eat pork, yet I'm not religious. Everyone gets confused by that. It's to the point now that my in-laws know to cook other meals if they're expecting me over.
Super Bowl Sunday this year, they already texted my wife and asked her what I'd want when we visit.

niko
01-10-2014, 08:07 PM
I have food allergies so I'm picky by necessity.

red1
01-10-2014, 08:45 PM
Am the opposite of a picky eater. Would make it pretty far on fear factor still

Draz
01-11-2014, 12:17 PM
I'm not my father is though. He doesn't and never eat Chinese food. He doesn't eat food made from carts meaning the people that are outside making hotdogs, halal food, etc. Whenever my mother cooks for him he hates tomatoes. Guy doesn't eat it if his life depended on it even if the food required tomatoes to be cooked in the food. He eats plain pizza and the only topping would be pineapple.

Myself on the other hand. I eat whatever I like and feel. I'm more of a universal consumer. If I had a friend or my girlfriend said let's go try shark for example I would. I've tried sushi when no one wanted too. I like people like that. Not afraid to try new things. I don't know how my father does it. In fact, I don't know how my mother does it. She has to cook 6 days a week every day besides Sunday.

Some outside food he eats are very picky and specific.

ImKobe
01-11-2014, 12:34 PM
when I'm sober I can be pretty picky, but I'll usually eat anything. I hate mushrooms and olives tho, can't eat that shit.

Same :lebroncry:

CelticBaller
01-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Yes, shocked to see most of you guys are also picky eaters.

senelcoolidge
01-11-2014, 03:26 PM
I'm lactose intolerant so I have to be picky. Why do they put milk in everything..damn. But at the same time as long as it's not dairy I'm not picky. I've been to foreign countries and I'll eat food that is foreign to me.

Swaggin916
01-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Yes I am because food tasting good is really important to me. When I eat someone else's food though obviously I eat what they serve and I'm not an ass about the whole thing, but I know what I like and choose to just get my own food a lot of the time.

My dad when he goes to family get-togethers though will eat before he goes over there even though there is food. Some people would consider that rude but to me it's the same as going to a party where most people drink and you don't... It shouldn't make a difference. It's just a preference and it has nothing to do with anybody but him. Some people are too insecure to handle someone doing something different though even if it makes no difference.

nathanjizzle
01-11-2014, 04:03 PM
op what is your other ethnicity?

Le Shaqtus
01-11-2014, 05:31 PM
I hate vegetables so I'm picky as f*ck

highwhey
01-11-2014, 05:39 PM
I eat jsut about every meal.

If I had enough money though I would eat chicken wings every damn day

Draz
01-11-2014, 05:43 PM