PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: the WORST team this year?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-11-2014, 01:05 AM
I guess so...giving 70points like its nothing every other half...lol

parker, embiid, wiggins?

with the game is going I would prefer Wiggins

IncarceratedBob
01-11-2014, 01:06 AM
they are missing their best 5 players, so as of now yes they are the worst

kobeef24
01-11-2014, 02:03 AM
The whole team is injured. Of course they're doing bad.

gts
01-11-2014, 02:06 AM
they are missing their best 5 players, so as of now yes they are the worst
yeah people tend to miss that fact...

My lord look at that roster... lol

215Philly
01-11-2014, 02:08 AM
Bucks easily

Mr. Jabbar
01-11-2014, 02:08 AM
you have prime paulina leading a bunch of d-leaguers, what do you expect

Scholar
01-11-2014, 02:10 AM
People just look at the record, but they don't look at the roster.

You know it's all bad when Ryan Kelly is playing nearly 20 minutes.

Illuminati
01-11-2014, 02:14 AM
Worst loss to the Clippers in Lakers history. ✓

The biggest loss in Lakers history since 1995 when they lost by 46. ✓

In general, Kobe stans lost. ✓✓✓

STATUTORY
01-11-2014, 02:17 AM
lakers haters, savor this season try to remember every little detail and moment so you can relive them in a proustian instant. Because the lakers will not be bottom dwellers for long. this franchise is historically great for a reason and will find itself back in the championship series where it belongs before you even finish fapping it to the greatly exaggerated lakers demise.

PickernRoller
01-11-2014, 02:22 AM
Not worried one bit. Just the thought of getting rid of Pau this year makes it worth it. Dude seems to hang on after each trade talk my god!

Fawker
01-11-2014, 02:40 AM
This team the most embarrassing it has ever been. No pride, no sense of history. And this man D'Antoni collecting checks while not showing good coaching of "any five" on the floor. I can accept low expectations, losing, but damn being out of it from the tip is just :facepalm. And Kobe has to come back to this.

PickernRoller
01-11-2014, 02:42 AM
This team the most embarrassing it has ever been. No pride, no sense of history. And this man D'Antoni collecting checks while not showing good coaching of "any five" on the floor. I can accept low expectations, losing, but damn being out of of it from the tip is just :facepalm. And Kobe has to come back to this.

No he doesn't. Already sent some of my goons to beat him up a bit. Sideline him some more. Nothing serious.

G-Funk
01-11-2014, 03:12 AM
The tank is strong.

LakersFan626
01-11-2014, 03:17 AM
People just look at the record, but they don't look at the roster.

You know it's all bad when Ryan Kelly is playing nearly 20 minutes.

This.

I never expected much this season to begin with, and it's better to lose nearly every game than be mediocre or eliminated in the 1st round. Expecting a Phil Jackson-esque product with THIS roster right now is just silly and unreasonable.

coin24
01-11-2014, 03:22 AM
I hope we finish the worst...

Then its championship cruise next few seasons:banana: :banana:

Fawker
01-11-2014, 03:29 AM
The thing is, nothing about Kobe's greatness made him to be the concrete difference maker, unlike Lebron or even '04 Wade. No instant results as a rookie, no gracefull ending as a retiree.
He was a piece to Shaq, and there were multiple trial and error built around him after Shaq.

Jakeh008
01-11-2014, 03:56 AM
Tank this year.
Get Kobe healthy.
Fire Dantoni and hire a good coach
Get another star (Melo or Love)
Pick a future stud with a top lottery pick
Fill in roster with nice cheap role players (Actually did a good job this year)

Lakers rebuild a dynasty in 1 season. Kobe will be like Robinson was on the Spurs.

redboy
01-11-2014, 04:23 AM
you know your team sucks when you got ryan kelly and robert sacre playing major minutes

I<3NBA
01-11-2014, 04:39 AM
This team the most embarrassing it has ever been. No pride, no sense of history. And this man D'Antoni collecting checks while not showing good coaching of "any five" on the floor. I can accept low expectations, losing, but damn being out of it from the tip is just :facepalm. And Kobe has to come back to this.
if he'll come back at all. dude is done. if he lace it up again, he'll break his neck.
:yaohappy:

alec613
01-11-2014, 04:47 AM
Well, the Lakers are the 2nd worst non-tanking team in the league after the Cavs, who landed Deng, and are on their way to clinch a playoff spot
So in a week or so, they'll be the worst non-tanking team in the league

senelcoolidge
01-11-2014, 06:41 AM
With a one trick pony coach, a not so good new owner, the lakers won't be the same. They may have some good seasons in the future, but nothing like the Jerry Buss years. Enjoy those past glory years.

Bandito
01-11-2014, 10:18 AM
if he'll come back at all. dude is done. if he lace it up again, he'll break his neck.
:yaohappy:what are you going to do with your life when Kobe retires?

@fawker: same thing can be said about tmac,a Ai and Vince's of the league. They didnt accomplish much in their careers but they were exciting to see.

cos88
01-11-2014, 10:26 AM
I guess so...giving 70points like its nothing every other half...lol

parker, embiid, wiggins?

with the game is going I would prefer Wiggins

:roll: the bucks of the west you'll get the 10th pick

Bandito
01-11-2014, 10:28 AM
:roll: the bucks of the west you'll get the 10th pick
What team are you a fan off bro? You seem to be an only lakers hater!:lol

PizzamanIRL
01-11-2014, 10:40 AM
you know your team sucks when you got ryan kelly and robert sacre playing major minutes

Well....emmm...what do you expect? You do realise that when 5 players are injured, it means they can't play, which in turn means that the rest of team have to make up for their minutes. Just thought I'd tell you in case you couldn't figure out why these players get minutes. :facepalm

JUDGE WITNESS
01-11-2014, 11:09 AM
what do you expect from a d-league roster

ROCSteady
01-11-2014, 11:19 AM
This season is just a necessary pitfall for the future. They will be contending again in couple seasons time TOPS while most of the people throwin stones will have teams that can't stay relevant for more than a decent playoff run or two (No Rings) and act like that was somehow very impressive. Meanwhile...

http://nocoastbias.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/la_g_banners01_576.jpg

ImKobe
01-11-2014, 11:39 AM
The injuries are a blessing in disguise. A healthy Lakers squad would be a 7-8 seed in a tough Western Conference. We'd get a medicore late-1st pick and would be looking at a similar roster next year. Now we can blow it all up, hopefully pick top 5 and fire MDA and make one more championship run to end Kobe's career. The draft pick will have to pan out and we have to get solid players in FA. Hopefully Lowry/Thomas and Gortat.

MMM
01-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Tank this year.
Get Kobe healthy.
Fire Dantoni and hire a good coach
Get another star (Melo or Love)
Pick a future stud with a top lottery pick
Fill in roster with nice cheap role players (Actually did a good job this year)

Lakers rebuild a dynasty in 1 season. Kobe will be like Robinson was on the Spurs.

You do realize that there is no Duncan, Durant, or LeBron in this draft??? Heck it might take these guys 3-5 years before they round out as players and are ready to legitimately play on a contending level.

As for Melo, paying him be the max or near max wouldn't be smart. He is turning 30 and the Lakers already have Kobe eating up a lot of space. Don't real see how Kobe, Melo, and a rookie is a legitimate contender in a few seasons.

ImKobe
01-11-2014, 12:07 PM
You do realize that there is no Duncan, Durant, or LeBron in this draft??? Heck it might take these guys 3-5 years before they round out as players and are ready to legitimately play on a contending level.

As for Melo, paying him be the max or near max wouldn't be smart. He is turning 30 and the Lakers already have Kobe eating up a lot of space. Don't real see how Kobe, Melo, and a rookie is a legitimate contender in a few seasons.

And you know this how? Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Exum, Embiid are all top level prospects. So you don't think a top 5 pick can improve a team by a lot unless he's a top 5-10 GOAT? People said that Davis would be average, he's averaging 19.3 and 10.5 with 3.2 blocks in his 2nd season.

And Lakers don't need Melo to win a title...They need to add some solid defensive players. Offense has never really been the issue with a healthy Kobe. Problem has been stopping the other players from scoring. We're not winning anything with D'Antoni.

MMM
01-11-2014, 12:15 PM
And you know this how? Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Exum, Embiid are all top level prospects. So you don't think a top 5 pick can improve a team by a lot unless he's a top 5-10 GOAT? People said that Davis would be average, he's averaging 19.3 and 10.5 with 3.2 blocks in his 2nd season.

And Lakers don't need Melo to win a title...They need to add some solid defensive players. Offense has never really been the issue with a healthy Kobe. Problem has been stopping the other players from scoring. We're not winning anything with D'Antoni.

You are right I can't say with certainty what they'll be but from what I've seen is that these players are closer to the John Wall, Aldridge, Rudy Gay level than they are to the names I've already mentioned. As good as Davis is he is still a few years away from playing at a contending level him self.

ImKobe
01-11-2014, 12:25 PM
You are right I can't say with certainty what they'll be but from what I've seen is that these players are closer to the John Wall, Aldridge, Rudy Gay level than they are to the names I've already mentioned. As good as Davis is he is still a few years away from playing at a contending level him self.

That's true, but he's already a great player on both ends of the floor, he's not at his peak but he could be a solid 2nd option for a championship team even right now.

Yeah, Wiggins isn't as good as Lebron was at his age and he'll probably never be that good based on the fact that he's not nearly as good of a playmaker or a ballhandler that Bron was. Parker reminds me of Melo a lot though. He's a very versatile offensive player, a good rebounder and a shooter. Looks like he could be a solid 2nd option on a playoff team. Embiid and Randle are solid too.

It's hard to say that the Lakers would even come close to being a contender in the next few years. Their coaching staff is medicore. The best player is struggling to come back from a torn achilles and an injured knee and on top of that we have Steve Nash taking a chunk out of the salary while being injured all the time. It's not looking good at all.

SpecialQue
01-11-2014, 12:30 PM
God I hope so. Let's keep this tank rolling. :rockon:

SpecialQue
01-11-2014, 12:31 PM
lakers haters, savor this season try to remember every little detail and moment so you can relive them in a proustian instant. Because the lakers will not be bottom dwellers for long. this franchise is historically great for a reason and will find itself back in the championship series where it belongs before you even finish fapping it to the greatly exaggerated lakers demise.

I seriously fvcking love you for that reference. :bowdown: