PDA

View Full Version : Which players are better than K.Love?

TonyMontana
01-11-2014, 07:27 PM
The only clearcut is LeBron. Durant is in the conversation, but he is in the same tier. Noone else is better.

People underrate just how dominant K.Love is.

"He's not a winner". Yeah because his team sucks and how many players in the league today, let alone league history guarantee playoff relevance with their presence alone? Kobe never did, Garnett never did. Love is in that same tier right now. LeBron is the only one in the league today whose presence alone guarantees domination.

And depending on how quickly LeBron declines we might be looking at K.Love as the eventual face of the league.

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2012/04/kevin-love-mustache.jpg

Just needs to work on a consistant go-to move and his passing abilities.

Basketbolero
01-11-2014, 07:31 PM
You 5-starred your own shitty thread :facepalm

Attention whore alert

La Frescobaldi
01-11-2014, 07:31 PM
http://calvinistview.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/better-judgement.jpg

jalbert009
01-11-2014, 07:34 PM
But but but kobe and garnett can at least make the playoffs on bad teams...

Lebron23
01-11-2014, 07:37 PM
He needs to make the playoffs first before you declare him as the best player in the NBA.

Lebron, Durant, CP3, Griffin, and George are better than him.

IncarceratedBob
Durant is clearly better. As are Westbrook, CP3 and Bron. So hes top 5.

TonyMontana
But but but kobe and garnett can at least make the playoffs on bad teams...

Garnett missed the playoffs for 3 consecutive years of his prime(2005-2007). He was playing at a level as high as hes played any other year, but it wasn't enough to bring scrubs to relevancy.

Same with Kobe in 2005 when Phil "GOAT" Jackson was absent along with Shaquille.

Same tier of players as Kevin Love, they just had superior pieces around them for other years of their career.

moe94
01-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Durant is clearly better. As are Westbrook, CP3 and Bron. So hes top 5.

How is Westbrook clearly better? How is he better at all? Ya'll overrate him to high heaven. It's truly embarrassing sometimes.

TonyMontana
He needs to make the playoffs first before you declare him as the best player in the NBA.

Lebron, Durant, CP3, Griffin, and George are better than him.

LeBron is still the best, re-read the OP.

Other than LeBron what player in the NBA could you switch with Love on the Timberwolves and have them be a contender? Noone else is going to make a noticable improvement.

Give them Paul George or Chris Paul instead and they are still irrelevant. I think they'd be irrelevant with Durant as well who would have lost round 1 last year to 8th seed Houston if Westbrook didn't give him that series lead.

edit: Did I read Blake Griffin? Oh my fukkinggggg god....

fpliii
Anthony Davis

red1
Durant over love is a no-brainer. As overrated as harden is I would take him. I would take westbrook and paul george first. I would take anthony davis and cp3 first. Would also take lamarcus before love. Bosh as 1st option wouldnt put up the same stats but I would definitely take him. Love isnt even top 5 objectively speaking he is somewhere between 5 and 10. Pretty far from face of the league if you ask me.

JUDGE WITNESS
01-11-2014, 07:42 PM
LeBron is still the best, re-read the OP.

Other than LeBron what player in the NBA could you switch with Love on the Timberwolves and have them be a contender? Noone else is going to make a noticable improvement.

lebron will take that team to the finals

Basketbolero
01-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Durant over love is a no-brainer. As overrated as harden is I would take him. I would take westbrook and paul george first. I would take anthony davis and cp3 first. Would also take lamarcus before love. Bosh as 1st option wouldnt put up the same stats but I would definitely take him. Love isnt even top 5 objectively speaking he is somewhere between 5 and 10. Pretty far from face of the league if you ask me.
If he goes to LA he is going to be overrated as f*ck though

kurple
01-11-2014, 07:47 PM
The wolves team dont suck. i hate people saying this

Pekovic is averaging 18/9
Rubio is one of the best playmakes in the league. He gets Love a lot of great looks
No one runs a fast break like Corey Brewer and Love is known for his outlet passes. Doesnt hurt his assist numbers.
Kevin Martin is a good scorer
Barea, Luc, Shved and Budinger are decent role players

they should trade for a SG and bring KMart of the bench

Bandito
01-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Garnett missed the playoffs for 3 consecutive years of his prime(2005-2007). He was playing at a level as high as hes played any other year, but it wasn't enough to bring scrubs to relevancy.

Same with Kobe in 2005 when Phil "GOAT" Jackson was absent along with Shaquille.

Same tier of players as Kevin Love, they just had superior pieces around them for other years of their career.
Kobe missed the playoffs because he got injured in the last months of the season and his team was not championship tier anymore.

In Garnett's case his team was full of injured people and blackholes. They were the New York Knicks of the west.

K.Love is not on the same tier of those two, but I think he's going to get there... But he is on the same tier as Aldridge, Griffin and Bosh.

But the problems with the Timberwolves has been injuries to their main player and maybe they are just too young. Defensively they are not that good and you're going to need defense to get into the playoffs.

Rose'sACL
01-11-2014, 07:52 PM
love is the clear 4th best player behind lebron, durant and chris paul right now. if you make paul george and love RFA right now, kevin love would be the first choice of most GMs in the league.
Love: 26-13.3-4.1
Paul george: 22.5-6.3-3.6
Even taking PG's defense into account which is pretty good but you have to remember that indiana's defensive scheme doesn't require as much help defense because of their size advantage and because hibbert is a safety net if a perimeter defender ****s up.
Paul george is better than his numbers indicate but his defense doesn't cover up massive difference in ppg and rebounding number Love even has better assist numbers.

MMM
01-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Kobe missed the playoffs because he got injured in the last months of the season and his team was not championship tier anymore.

In Garnett's case his team was full of injured people and blackholes. They were the New York Knicks of the west. But he is on the same tier as Aldridge, Griffin and Bosh.

K.Love is not on the same tier of those two, but I think he's going to get there...

Wasn't his team on pace to miss the playoffs anyways that season???

Rose'sACL
01-11-2014, 07:57 PM

Rubio is one of the best playmakes in the league. He gets Love a lot of great looks
No one runs a fast break like Corey Brewer and Love is known for his outlet passes. Doesnt hurt his assist numbers.

rubio is a total liability as other team starts doubling love as they don't have to defend rubio at end of the game.
rubio should be a back up point guard.9-8-5 is a pretty shitty stat for anyone to be considered a good point guard in the NBA right now. His Fg% 34.5%. are you kidding me?

La Frescobaldi
01-11-2014, 07:57 PM
lebron will take that team to the finals

agree.

Ricky Rubio
Kevin Martin
Kevin Love
LeBron James
Nikola Pekovic

JJ Barea
Chase Budinger
Rony Turiaf
Alexey Shved

James would make all the difference in the world - instantly. The entire team's defense would increase by magnitudes. Love & Pekovic are not rim defenders however their defense is high quality - when they use it. Both of them should be getting about 2 more real hard fouls a game. Players around the league are already scared of them, if they made it clear you didn't go into the Wolves paint without paying a steep price that team would look altogether different.

Not saying cheap shots - powerful fouls.

moe94
01-11-2014, 07:59 PM
agree.

Ricky Rubio
Kevin Martin
Kevin Love
LeBron James
Nikola Pekovic

JJ Barea
Chase Budinger
Rony Turiaf
Alexey Shved

You knew exactly what he meant. :roll:

Bandito
01-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Wasn't his team on pace to miss the playoffs anyways that season???
They were in the 9th spot and could get in there if the kept winning. I think the 8th that year was the Kings.

Anyways they had a chance to get into the playoffs if the kept a 2 win and 1 lose through the rest of the season but when the Lakers lost Kobe they lost all hope and tanked the rest of the season.

La Frescobaldi
01-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Anthony Davis

no. not close.

Illuminati
01-11-2014, 08:04 PM
LeBron with a center that can actually defend and rebound. I can't even imagine how many rings he'd win.

TonyMontana
01-11-2014, 08:07 PM

Bosh would put up the same stats as Love as a first option eh? You do realize Love puts up 25.9 PPG and 13.3 RPG. The list of players in modern NBA History(1980-present) to put those kind of numbers up is extremely thin. Here is the list.

Moses Malone(80-81)
Moses Malone(81-82)
Shaq(99-00)
Kevin Love(11-12)

Thats it. And Kevin Love has already done it. Bosh couldn't get those numbers on NBA ****ing live. Not even going to address the rest of your post since that one statement robbed you of all credibility.

MMM
01-11-2014, 08:10 PM
They were in the 9th spot and could get in there if the kept winning. I think the 8th that year was the Kings.

Anyways they had a chance to get into the playoffs if the kept a 2 win and 1 lose through the rest of the season but when the Lakers lost Kobe they lost all hope and tanked the rest of the season.

Correct me if I'm wrong but prior to Rudy stepping aside the Lakers were looking like a playoff team???

Bandito
01-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but prior to Rudy stepping aside the Lakers were looking like a playoff team???
No no. They weren't supposed to make the playoffs but they were surprising people until Kobe went down. There was a chance they wouldn't make it with Kobe either, BUT without Kobe the hope waned.

TonyMontana
01-11-2014, 08:13 PM

Yeah the Wolves suck. Pekovic is their 2nd best player, but a center that can't protect the rim is a liability more often than not. If you gave the Timberwolves Asik instead of Pekovic I guarantee you'd see them in the playoffs.

Rubio is a guard that can't shoot, his FG% has to be among the worst all-time for any non-scrub. He's nothing special.

And you got to note that the Wovles play in the West. If they were in the East they'd be an auto 3 seed and talked about non-stop. The 2014 Western Conference might be the most competitive conference in NBA History.

Anthony Davis

-Injury prone
-difference in scoring/rebound is too much for his defensive advantage.

Need to see a bigger body of work before we put him in the same conversation as Kevin Love.

Bandito
01-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Yeah the Wolves suck. Pekovic is their 2nd best player, but a center that can't protect the rim is a liability more often than not. If you gave the Timberwolves Asik instead of Pekovic I guarantee you'd see them in the playoffs.

Rubio is a guard that can't shoot, his FG% has to be among the worst all-time for any non-scrub. He's nothing special.

And you got to note that the Wovles play in the West. If they were in the East they'd be an auto 3 seed and talked about non-stop. The 2014 Western Conference might be the most competitive conference in NBA History.

-Injury prone
-difference in scoring/rebound is too much for his defensive advantage.

Need to see a bigger body of work before we put him in the same conversation as Kevin Love.But Rubio is not there to shoot though, he's there to set plays and make the pass. He's like Kidd in that aspect. His main problem is that he's injury prone these last few years.

And Love can't protect the rim either. He's worst than Pekovic, at least he's taller.

TonyMontana
01-11-2014, 08:19 PM
But Rubio is not there to shoot though, he's there to set plays and make the pass. He's like Kidd in that aspect. His main problem is that he's injury prone these last few years.

And Love can't protect the rim either. He's worst than Pekovic, at least he's taller.

Guards need to be able to shoot. In fact everyone on the court should be able to shoot except for the 7 foot center. Rubios problem is that he sucks.

Love isn't a center, he is a 4 and he is the ideal 4 that you want. Spreads the floor, amazing off-ball player, best rebounder in the league. He is kind of like Dirk in that you need to pair him with a rim protecting shot blocker and once you do, it's over. It is not a coincidence that Dirks championship came in the one year he had a legit rim protector next to him(Chandler). A shame that Dallas management couldn't have given him that kind of presence for the majority of his career. We can only hope that Love wont go down the same path though it looks likely.

Rose'sACL
01-11-2014, 08:19 PM
But Rubio is not there to shoot though, he's there to set plays and make the pass. He's like Kidd in that aspect. His main problem is that he's injury prone these last few years.
if you can't shoot or get to the basket then you are a liability on offense. i hope people get this. just because he has good(not great) assists numbers doesn't mean he is good given how bad he is at everything else. chris paul can shoot and get to the basket. same with westbrook. same with rose. rondo shoots better than him and averaged more assists. rubio has to average at least 13-14 assists to be considered a top 10-15 point gaurd given how bad he is at scoring.
Can you imagine rubio scoring 40+ in a playoff game like rondo? Rubio might not do that if he is given open lane to basket whole game.

MMM
01-11-2014, 08:21 PM
No no. They weren't supposed to make the playoffs but they were surprising people until Kobe went down. There was a chance they wouldn't make it with Kobe either, BUT without Kobe the hope waned.

OK I see what ur saying. Other than haters nobody pays attention to that anyways.

Bandito
01-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Guards need to be able to shoot. In fact everyone on the court should be able to shoot except for the 7 foot center. Rubios problem is that he sucks.

Love isn't a center, he is a 4 and he is the ideal 4 that you want. Spreads the floor, amazing off-ball player, best rebounder in the league. He is kind of like Dirk in that you need to pair him with a rim protecting shot blocker and once you do, it's over. It is not a coincidence that Dirks championship came in the one year he had a legit rim protector next to him(Chandler). A shame that Dallas management couldn't have given him that kind of presence for the majority of his career. We can only hope that Love wont go down the same path though it looks likely.
I agree but that also means that he's not on the same tier as Kobe or Garnett was, complete players that transcended the game at the time.

Bosh and Aldridge are as good as him when playing at their best too because they have their strengths that are as good as Love. Love is just smart, he knows when to get good position for a rebound and is a gym rat. His IQ though is one of the best in the league. But his body or rather his talent (if you wanna use that word) is not as good as KB or KG.

I agree with everything else in your post though. Love is one of the best PF and the Wolves need to work on their weaknesses if they want to keep him.

SHAQisGOAT
01-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Lebron
Durant
CP3
PG

Young X
01-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Bron
Durant
CP

La Frescobaldi
01-11-2014, 08:40 PM
if you can't shoot or get to the basket then you are a liability on offense. i hope people get this. just because he has good(not great) assists numbers doesn't mean he is good given how bad he is at everything else. chris paul can shoot and get to the basket. same with westbrook. same with rose. rondo shoots better than him and averaged more assists. rubio has to average at least 13-14 assists to be considered a top 10-15 point gaurd given how bad he is at scoring.
Can you imagine rubio scoring 40+ in a playoff game like rondo? Rubio might not do that if he is given open lane to basket whole game.

:lol Rubio gets to the basket literally at will. At least 5 times a game he burns entire teams and is wide open for a layup - but if he puts it up, he's only going to make it about 45% of the time.

Bandito
01-11-2014, 08:43 PM
While I do agree Rondo is better, due to how athletically superior he is to Rubio, but RR just has a high IQ and does a lot with how little he has. Rondo has the high IQ to match his speed so that is one of the reason I put him higher. Rubio is not a superstar like those people you mentioned either way, he is a role player and damn good at that. And most of the players you mentioned are combo guards that suck at setting their players anyways. Scoring is not the only important thing in basketball.

He is miles ahead a better playmaker than ROse and Westbrook (not a scorer though) combined either way.

Bandito
01-11-2014, 08:43 PM
OK I see what ur saying. Other than haters nobody pays attention to that anyways.
I know:(

Bandito
01-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Lebron
Durant
CP3
PG
PG is on the same tier at best.

Cone
01-11-2014, 08:48 PM
lebron
durant
chris paul
paul george
james harden
dwyane wade
russell westbrook
al horford
dirk
anthony davis
lamarcus aldridge
damien lillard
dwight howard
kobe (when healthy)
john wall
chris bosh

any of these guys can carry that squad to the playoffs

Rose'sACL
01-11-2014, 08:49 PM
While I do agree Rondo is better, due to how athletically superior he is to Rubio, but RR just has a high IQ and does a lot with how little he has. Rondo has the high IQ to match his speed so that is one of the reason I put him higher. Rubio is not a superstar like those people you mentioned either way, he is a role player and damn good at that. And most of the players you mentioned are combo guards that suck at setting their players anyways. Scoring is not the only important thing in basketball.

He is miles ahead a better playmaker than ROse and Westbrook (not a scorer though) combined either way.
Rubio is a back-up point guard on any legit team in the NBA. no team can be a serious threat with a pg like rubio starting. wolves were hoping that he would improve his shooting and he has not.
I had high expectations from him but he really been bad. given how complicated defensive schemes are these days, he would get burned even more in the postseason. teams can just double love because rubio can't shoot at all.
being bad at shooting and being one of the worst shooters in history of nba are 2 different things.

Kblaze8855
01-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Yea.....if you think the Minnesota supporting cast is bad you are blind or an idiot. People have won rings with less talent.

Rose'sACL
01-11-2014, 08:52 PM
lebron
durant
chris paul
paul george
james harden
dwyane wade
russell westbrook
al horford
dirk
anthony davis
lamarcus aldridge
damien lillard
dwight howard
kobe (when healthy)
john wall
chris bosh

any of these guys can carry that squad to the playoffs
not a single player other than durant , lebron and chris paul on that list can carry timberwolves to playoffs if they play instead of love.

Rose'sACL
01-11-2014, 08:53 PM
Yea.....if you think the Minnesota supporting cast is bad you are blind or an idiot. People have won rings with less talent.
tell me please about those people and those teams.

SacJB Shady
01-11-2014, 08:54 PM
K Love is not even relevant.

Kblaze8855
01-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Off the top of my head five teams since I've been watching had a second option playing worse than Pek this season. Rubio it's probably getting 10 million a season on the open market and Kevin Martin is as good a 4th best player as anyone could hope for.

Choose to put Rubio forth it's still the same.

Minnesota being a bad team far as Love having to carry scrubs is a joke.

That team has talent to spare.

Rose'sACL
01-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Off the top of my head five teams since I've been watching had a second option playing worse than Pek this season. Rubio it's probably getting 10 million a season on the open market and Kevin Martin is as good a 4th best player as anyone could hope for.

Choose to put Rubio forth it's still the same.

Minnesota being a bad team far as Love having to carry scrubs is a joke.

That team has talent to spare.
why didn't you answer the question and name the teams?I am talking about the whole team and bench. don't just name the second option.
also, a lot of players get paid more than what they are worth. it doesn't matter. if i am a coach, i am letting rubio take open jumpers and doubling love which makes defending wolves way easier.

red1
01-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Bosh would put up the same stats as Love as a first option eh? You do realize Love puts up 25.9 PPG and 13.3 RPG. The list of players in modern NBA History(1980-present) to put those kind of numbers up is extremely thin. Here is the list.

Moses Malone(80-81)
Moses Malone(81-82)
Shaq(99-00)
Kevin Love(11-12)

Thats it. And Kevin Love has already done it. Bosh couldn't get those numbers on NBA ****ing live. Not even going to address the rest of your post since that one statement robbed you of all credibility.
Can you even read? I said he would NOT put up those stats. F*cking retards man how do they work

Bandito
01-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Rubio is a back-up point guard on any legit team in the NBA. no team can be a serious threat with a pg like rubio starting. wolves were hoping that he would improve his shooting and he has not.
I had high expectations from him but he really been bad. given how complicated defensive schemes are these days, he would get burned even more in the postseason. teams can just double love because rubio can't shoot at all.
being bad at shooting and being one of the worst shooters in history of nba are 2 different things.
Yes, but his playmaking is elite. He is one of the best at setting plays in the halfcourt and on fullcourt plays too. His main weakness is shooting, that's it. I do agree that he has to get better but that doesn't mean his as bad as you say. He is better than a lot of starter PG's like the Lakers, King and the Heat. All of those PG's can shoot, yes but they are not leaders on the court like Rubio is.

Rose'sACL
01-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Yes, but his playmaking is elite. He is one of the best at setting plays in the halfcourt and on fullcourt plays too. His main weakness is shooting, that's it. I do agree that he has to get better but that doesn't mean his as bad as you say. He is better than a lot of starter PG's like the Lakers, King and the Heat. All of those PG's can shoot, yes but they are not leaders on the court like Rubio is.
lakers and kings are not legit threats to making even the playoffs let alone being contenders and heat don't have any true pg.
also, you are saying that shooting is his main weakness like shooting is a small thing when you are small and can't get to the rim at above average rate.
it even gets worse because he is not just bad at shooting, he is one of the worst of all time.
This is not even the postseason. just imagine if they make playoffs and coaches actually study wolves offense like they do in postseason.Players/coaches don't really study the other team as much in regular season games unless they are playing a top team. rubio will look like a scrub. the way rubio steals the ball from opposing team is the only thing i like about him right now.

Al Thornton
01-11-2014, 10:06 PM
love doesn't play defense and defense is important

IncarceratedBob
01-11-2014, 10:14 PM
how many modern stars play defense? lebron, westbrook? not sure who else

stars who dont play defense, wade, melo, love, griffin, paul, parker, irving, d-will,durant, harden, dirk, rose, kobe, curry, etc

defense is for the role players

Rose'sACL
01-11-2014, 10:15 PM
does that mean dirk is/was not good? they pretty much have same type of game with love being a top tier rebounder to go along with his scoring.

BlazerRed
01-11-2014, 10:16 PM
How is Westbrook clearly better? How is he better at all? Ya'll overrate him to high heaven. It's truly embarrassing sometimes.

Oh yeah, because the Thunder being 4-4 without him shows just how overrated Westbrook is.. :facepalm

fpliii
01-11-2014, 10:17 PM
how many modern stars play defense? lebron, westbrook? not sure who else

stars who dont play defense, wade, melo, love, griffin, paul, parker, irving, d-will,durant, harden, dirk, rose, kobe, etc

defense is for the role players

lmao

Rose'sACL
01-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Oh yeah, because the Thunder being 4-4 without him shows just how overrated Westbrook is.. :facepalm
he is wrong about westbrook being overrated but love is the clear better player between the 2.

Fudge
01-11-2014, 10:18 PM
:roll:

Lebron
Durant
CP3
George
Curry
Dwight
Westbrook

VIP2000
01-11-2014, 11:53 PM
Love's supporting cast is not championship-caliber, but it's good enough for a playoff seed.

Eric Bledsoe
P.J. Tucker
Gerald Green
Kevin Love
Miles Plumlee

or

Randy Foye
Wilson Chandler
Kenneth Faried
Kevin Love
JJ Hickson

I replaced the best player on the Suns and Nuggets (both of whom have better records than the Wolves in the same conference) with Kevin Love. Are these lineups much better than the one the Timberwolves have now? No, on paper, they are arguably worse. But in his defense, they've had injuries to some of their main players the last couple of seasons.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-11-2014, 11:58 PM
KD
CP3
Lebron
George
Wade
LMA
Dirk
Curry
Dwight
Cousins