PDA

View Full Version : 5 questions you would ask Elgin Baylor if an opportunity arose to interview him:

CavaliersFTW
01-12-2014, 02:50 AM
Try to think of ones he hasn't already answered before in other interviews. Aaaand go!

IncarceratedBob
01-12-2014, 02:51 AM
what are you packing?

Im so nba'd out
01-12-2014, 02:52 AM
are you still alive?

MP.Trey
01-12-2014, 02:53 AM
All time starting five since it's all the craze lately.

Jameerthefear
01-12-2014, 02:55 AM
who are you?

CavaliersFTW
01-12-2014, 02:57 AM
This is Elgin Baylor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANH50UrlQk8

yes he is still alive

SyRyanYang
01-12-2014, 02:58 AM
1. Who are you?
2. What are you?
3. Where are you coming from?
4. Where are you going?
5. Is cavftw gay?

Im so nba'd out
01-12-2014, 02:59 AM
What that mouth do tho?

inclinerator
01-12-2014, 03:09 AM
which 60s player is cavaliersftw

fpliii
01-12-2014, 03:12 AM
Toughest big men to drive against?

Why does he feel his partnership with Wilt didn't work out (we've already heard from Wilt, and everybody else)?

How would he play differently in an NBA with a three-point line?

When does he feel the modern era of the NBA began?

Best five players at scoring with two dribbles he's seen?

Bibby4Three
01-12-2014, 03:45 AM
How much is Pauk worth?

1987_Lakers
01-12-2014, 03:49 AM
Not a damn thing, all these 60's players seem like delusional grumpy old men who think their era was the best.

BlazerRed
01-12-2014, 03:53 AM
Who is your Daddy? And what does he do?

joeyjoejoe
01-12-2014, 03:59 AM
Who wins in fight silverback gorilla or grizzly bear

SexSymbol
01-12-2014, 12:28 PM
What is the best era in NBA history and why it is the 60s?

Are you the black 60s version of Kevin Love?

Is Wilt your stepfather?

Can you say a joke to which Bill Russell wouldn't laugh at?

If you had ever won a championship, where would you keep the ring at?

ArbitraryWater
01-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Are you aware of a stalker named "CavaliersFTW"? He's got a 60's players fetish

Psileas
01-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Not a damn thing, all these 60's players seem like delusional grumpy old men who think their era was the best.

At least since the shot clock, I haven't met a single generation of players and fans who don't, loudly or silently, believe that their era was the best.

CavaliersFTW
05-28-2015, 07:19 PM
Bumping this because this exact opportunity was just brought up to me by a gentlemen I'm in touch with who works with Elgin and runs his social media.

Could be about rule changes, competition, or how he feels about anything really. Obviously I'm not going to relay trolling questions, but I've been presented an opportunity to actually ask Elgin questions so if any of you have any sincere interest in him please speak up and I'll relay what you'd like to ask. You could see your question, and his answer, show up on his twitter/facebook page.

Gotterdammerung
05-28-2015, 07:52 PM
1. Why didn't the Lakers win in 1969 with you, Jerry and Wilt?

2. How differently did you play after that serious knee injury (1964?), or how did you adapt your game and still remain productive?

3. Which player from the 60s would be much better had he played today? And from today, who would be much better in the 60s?

4. Who is on your all time five team?

5. Did Sterling ever pay up?

:cheers:

CavaliersFTW
05-28-2015, 08:07 PM
1. Why didn't the Lakers win in 1969 with you, Jerry and Wilt?

2. How differently did you play after that serious knee injury (1964?), or how did you adapt your game and still remain productive?

3. Which player from the 60s would be much better had he played today? And from today, who would be much better in the 60s?

4. Who is on your all time five team?

5. Did Sterling ever pay up?

:cheers:
Great questions - what situation are you referring to with the "Did Sterling ever pay up?" question though?

dankok8
05-28-2015, 10:35 PM
1. Who is the greatest player of all time in your opinion?

2. Who is the most similar player to yourself that you've seen in today's era?

3. What would be the biggest challenge for you if you had to adapt and play in today's NBA?

4. What is one piece of advice you would give someone who is trying to become better in the sport?

5. Who is Elgin Baylor? In other words, what is your lasting legacy in the game of basketball from your own eyes?

L.Kizzle
05-28-2015, 10:44 PM
1. Who were the most underrated players of your era? Guys like Zelmo Beaty, Jumpin Johnny Green, Bailey Howell, Lou Hudson, Gus Johnson, ect.

2. How good were the guys over in the Eastern League?

3. If Maurice Stokes had not suffered career ending injury, how good/great could he have been?

4. You promoted early rock and soul concert. How long did you do this for?

5. Which player has mostly reminded you of yourself? Gus Johnson, George McGinnis, Charles Barkley, Anthony Mason, Larry Johnson, LeBron James?

ISHGoat
05-28-2015, 11:03 PM
1. How have the players evolved physically over the years? Do players nowadays jump higher? Are todays players much stronger?

2. Why did you shoot 43.1% from the field?

3. Who resembles your game in todays league?

4. Lebron or Kobe?

kshutts1
05-29-2015, 12:58 PM
I don't have any questions about Elgin that I care to ask. But just some "advice" and thoughts...
I like Kizzle's question about underrated players.

I feel like we will all remember a player like Derrick Rose (maybe bad example), Jermaine Oneal, Tayshaun Prince, John Wall (unless he wins a title), etc... really good, or even, great players that just didn't DO much, whether through injury or circumstance. It would be nice to hear of those players from an era that we have not seen. Give me a few more names to look up, give them recognition, whatever.

It may be out there somewhere, but I'd like some firsthand account of how difficult it was to play a season without practicing. A lot of athletes have a tendency, I think, to brush off the difficulties they faced... I would ask him to share those in relation to not practicing with the team, smoking in buildings, etc. Really be straight forward about it. Not a pity party, necessarily, but just being real.

And lastly... will this be an open conversation, in that you can response to answer, rephrase questions, continually poke, etc? Or more of a written format, where it's basically... you give a list of questions, and he gives a list of answers? Because if it's the first, I'd ask some difficult questions, and prod for legit answers. I hate the PC BS that athletes spout today. Would be nice to press on that. Can't think of any real example right now, though.

RoundMoundOfReb
05-29-2015, 01:12 PM
LeBron James?

CavaliersFTW
05-29-2015, 01:17 PM
I don't have any questions about Elgin that I care to ask. But just some "advice" and thoughts...
I like Kizzle's question about underrated players.

I feel like we will all remember a player like Derrick Rose (maybe bad example), Jermaine Oneal, Tayshaun Prince, John Wall (unless he wins a title), etc... really good, or even, great players that just didn't DO much, whether through injury or circumstance. It would be nice to hear of those players from an era that we have not seen. Give me a few more names to look up, give them recognition, whatever.

It may be out there somewhere, but I'd like some firsthand account of how difficult it was to play a season without practicing. A lot of athletes have a tendency, I think, to brush off the difficulties they faced... I would ask him to share those in relation to not practicing with the team, smoking in buildings, etc. Really be straight forward about it. Not a pity party, necessarily, but just being real.

And lastly... will this be an open conversation, in that you can response to answer, rephrase questions, continually poke, etc? Or more of a written format, where it's basically... you give a list of questions, and he gives a list of answers? Because if it's the first, I'd ask some difficult questions, and prod for legit answers. I hate the PC BS that athletes spout today. Would be nice to press on that. Can't think of any real example right now, though.
I'm connected with the gentleman that helps run Elgins social media pages. He asked me if I had any questions for Elgin, he's trying to figure out ways to drum up more activity and speed up the process of getting Elgins twitter account verified. I'm not going to be personally talking with Elgin, just presenting some questions to this person who will then relay them to Elgin and whether or not they even get answered/posted on twitter/facebook is probably up to Elgin. I'm told the Baylors are somewhat careful when it comes to this stuff so any tougher questions may not get answered but who knows.

FKAri
05-29-2015, 01:24 PM
I'm connected with the gentleman that helps run Elgins social media pages. He asked me if I had any questions for Elgin, he's trying to figure out ways to drum up more activity and speed up the process of getting Elgins twitter account verified. I'm not going to be personally talking with Elgin, just presenting some questions to this person who will then relay them to Elgin and whether or not they even get answered/posted on twitter/facebook is probably up to Elgin. I'm told the Baylors are somewhat careful when it comes to this stuff so any tougher questions may not get answered but who knows.

what a nerd

CavaliersFTW
05-29-2015, 01:28 PM
what a nerd
I post on insidehoops what do you expect.

AirFederer
05-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Who was bigger, Russ or Wilt?

Did Wilt score 100?

What's with the crazy pace?

Your thoughts on OP?

Thoughts on stat padding?

Send my Regards :cheers:

qrich
05-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Why were you the worst GM to ever breathe

qrich
05-29-2015, 01:36 PM
Great questions - what situation are you referring to with the "Did Sterling ever pay up?" question though?

During the last few years of Failure's tenure as the Clippers GM, he was working month to month, not a contract, and he claims he worked a few months in which Sterling didn't pay him. Sterling claims that he wasn't an official employee during that time period.