PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James wants 49ers to win Super Bowl....sort of

LoPro4u2c
01-12-2014, 07:04 PM
LeBron James wants 49ers S Donte Whitner to win the Super Bowl
By John Breech | CBSSports.com
January 12, 2014 5:42 pm ET

Sorry Dallas, LeBron James has a backup team for the playoffs. (USATSI)
LeBron James is a noted Dallas Cowboys, which means like most Cowboys fans, he has to find another team to root for during the playoffs because it's kind of hard to root for a team that's not in it.

James' backup team this year? The San Francisco 49ers. Actually, based on the tweet below, it seems like James' backup team is whichever team Donte Whitner is playing for and Whitner happens to be playing for the 49ers.

As LeBron noted, Whitner basically iced the game when he picked off Panthers quarterback Cam Newton with 4:22 left in the fourth quarter and the 49ers leading 23-10.

It's not clear how long Whitner and LeBron have been friends, but they're both from Northern Ohio and LeBron seems to regularly support Whitner on Twitter. James sent Whitner a good luck tweet before the last two NFC Championship games.

Here's LeBron's tweet from two years ago when the 49ers played the Giants:

And here's LeBron's tweet from last year when the 49ers played the Falcons:

If the 49er makes the Super Bowl, LeBron might be able to fit the game into his schedule. The Miami Heat play in New York the night before Super Bowl XLVIII is played at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24407461/lebron-james-wants-49ers-s-donte-whitner-to-win-the-super-bowl

imdaman99
01-12-2014, 07:06 PM
He's a Cowboys fan, so naturally he would root for a big rival to win the super bowl.

Dat loyalty :rockon:

navy
01-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Why did this make the news?

Trollsmasher
01-12-2014, 07:15 PM
It seems that a half of American sports news comes from LeBron James' twitter:lol :facepalm

CelticBaller
01-12-2014, 07:21 PM
He's a Cowboys fan, so naturally he would root for a big rival to win the super bowl.

Dat loyalty :rockon:
The 49ers are tied in SBs with the Cowboys too . That's like a Celtic fan rooting for the Lakers to pass them in championships :oldlol:

Black and White
01-12-2014, 07:24 PM
The 49ers are tied in SBs with the Cowboys too . That's like a Celtic fan rooting for the Lakers to pass them in championships :oldlol:

Lol exactly, I don't follow the NFL much, but if I had to follow a team it would be the New England Patriots.

NumberSix
01-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Lol exactly, I don't follow the NFL much, but if I had to follow a team it would be the New England Patriots.
Makes sense. You're a giant Kobe stan.

#cheaters

DuMa
01-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Sorry Bron. Seattle gon stomp dat ass

oarabbus
01-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Niners! Cam and the Panthers just got STEAMROLLED

:banana: :banana: :banana:

russwest0
01-12-2014, 08:56 PM
Huh? Didn't he jus say the Chiefs were his backup team?

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/lebron-james-chiefs-jersey.jpg

JimmyMcAdocious
01-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Dat bandwagon personality and team loyalty. :bowdown:

Rose'sACL
01-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Dat bandwagon personality and team loyalty. :bowdown:
rooting for a team for which a friend plays is actually a better reason to support a team than supporting a team just because you happened to be born in the same city/state as the team.
anyways, he just wished his friend good luck on twitter. what is wrong with that?

NumberSix
01-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Huh? Didn't he jus say the Chiefs were his backup team?

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/lebron-james-chiefs-jersey.jpg
I guess that's his AFC team..... or.... backup AFC team. :rolleyes:

Black and White
01-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Makes sense. You're a giant Kobe stan.

#cheaters

I'm not a massive Kobe stan, yea I like Kobe, but I'm a Celtics fan through and through

Rose'sACL
01-12-2014, 09:18 PM
I'm not a massive Kobe stan, yea I like Kobe, but I'm a Celtics fan through and through
why? also explain to me why would you support patriots?

Black and White
01-12-2014, 09:23 PM
why? also explain to me why would you support patriots?

I would support them because they rep the Boston/Mass area.

Rose'sACL
01-12-2014, 09:25 PM
I would support them because they rep the Boston/Mass area.
what is the reason though? are you from that area?

Black and White
01-12-2014, 09:27 PM

As I said, I don't actually follow football so take what I say with a grain of salt, is there something wrong with the team?

STATUTORY
01-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Bron bandwagonning in his sports fandom just like he does for his team allegiance

not surprised

Rose'sACL
01-12-2014, 09:30 PM
As I said, I don't actually follow football so take what I say with a grain of salt, is there something wrong with the team?
no. i just found it weird that you wrote that you don't follow nfl but will support patriots even though you are from NZ.
go ahead support them. i don't have a problem.

Black and White
01-12-2014, 09:31 PM
no. i just found it weird that you wrote that you don't follow nfl but will support patriots even though you are from NZ.
go ahead support them. i don't have a problem.

Well I support the Celtics so it only seems natural to support a team from the same area.

bigkingsfan
01-12-2014, 09:32 PM
49ers and Cowboys haven't been rivals for nearly 20 years now, people need to calm down.

CelticBaller
01-12-2014, 09:32 PM
He's a celtic fan, so he obviously feels like he's connected to that area

Rose'sACL
01-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Well I support the Celtics so it only seems natural to support a team from the same area.
no, it doesn't seem natural. who told you that ?it seems natural for a guy from that area.
if you're not from that area then the reason should be that you either like how they play or you like players' characters on that team. what is wrong with people like you who try to fit in so hard?

Black and White
01-12-2014, 09:37 PM
no, it doesn't seem natural. who told you that ?it seems natural for a guy from that area.
if you're not from that area then the reason should be that you either like how they play or you like players' characters on that team. what is wrong with people like you who try to fit in so hard?

Where am I trying to fit in??? I like the Celtics franchise as a whole, I didn't start supporting the Celtics because of one player, I love the franchise, so I'm not going to support an NFL team because of 1 player.

RagaZ
01-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Rose ACL do not support anyone :lol

Rose'sACL
01-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Where am I trying to fit in??? I like the Celtics franchise as a whole, I didn't start supporting the Celtics because of one player, I love the franchise, so I'm not going to support an NFL team because of 1 player.
you just did. did i question you about why you support celtics? i asked why would you support patriots. the reason that you support celtics so you would support pats is a pretty bad one. you like celtics, not people of boston or people who run patriots.
My favorite team is spurs but that doesn't mean i would support any team from san antonio or texas as i am not from that area. i like how that team is run and that is why i support it. team management is my reason to support a team as i lived in 3 cities as a kid and now live in a different country for 8 out of 12 months.

sportjames23
01-12-2014, 09:44 PM
49ers and Cowboys haven't been rivals for nearly 20 years now, people need to calm down.

The 49ers and Cowboys will always be rivals, dude.

The Celts and Lakers hadn't met in the Finals in 21 years before 2008, but were still seen as rivals. Real rivalries never go away.

Black and White
you just did. did i question you about why you support celtics? i asked why would you support patriots. the reason that you support celtics is a pretty bad one. you like celtics, not people of boston or people who run patriots.
My favorite team is spurs but that doesn't mean i would support any team from san antonio or texas as i am not from that area. i like how that team is run and that is why i support it.

Fair enough, you can support them, but I have family in the Mass area and have been there a few times so I'm attached to the area as a whole.

sportjames23

Nah, that ph@ggot supports whatever team Lebron is on.

Rose'sACL
01-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Fair enough, you can support them, but I have family in the Mass area and have been there a few times so I'm attached to the area as a whole.
you could have just answered with that. anyways, unlike most people on this forum i don't hate people for supporting any team i don't like. no hard feelings i hope.

CelticBaller
01-12-2014, 09:47 PM
what is wrong with people like you who try to fit in so hard?
Are you talking about me?

But the him liking another team for boston isn't weird. If he likes the Celtics then he clearly like the boston culture. I don't watch hockey but I do like the bruins, they share the same atmosphere with other boston teams. I can't stand the red sox though cause i was raised that way, but again they do have that boston culture

Joe Anderson
01-12-2014, 09:48 PM
:applause: Agreed! When was the last time the Cowboys and Niners were both relevant at the same time? Probably 1995 :oldlol:

Rose'sACL
01-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Are you talking about me?

But the him liking another team for boston isn't weird. If he likes the Celtics then he clearly like the boston culture. I don't watch hockey but I do like the bruins, they share the same atmosphere with other boston teams. I can't stand the red sox though cause i was raised that way, but again they do have that boston culture
he was replying to me and i was replying to him. stop being so sensitive. i asked a reason and unlike most people on ish i wasn't angry at him for not agreeing with him. he never wrote anything about being related to boston in anyway before his last post so i was just curious.

MasterMaster
01-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Too bad manning and the broncos are taking it. That or Brady.

CelticBaller
stop being so sensitive. he never wrote anything about being related to boston in anyway before his last post so i was just curious.
I wasn't being sensitive doe :/
i do defend my fellow celtic brothas tho

Black and White
you could have just answered with that. anyways, unlike most people on this forum i don't hate people for supporting any team i don't like. no hard feelings i hope.

Yea no hard feelings

Black and White
01-12-2014, 09:52 PM
I wasn't being sensitive doe :/
i do defend my fellow celtic brothas tho

:cheers: Cheers CB good to know you always got my back.

Heavincent
01-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Sorry Bron. Seattle gon stomp dat ass

Heat and Seahawks fan, huh?

Seems legit.

Cold soul
01-13-2014, 02:21 AM
Too bad manning and the broncos are taking it. That or Brady.

The Broncos are going all the way this year. Hell yeah! :rockon:

sportjames23
01-13-2014, 02:51 AM
The Broncos are going all the way this year. Hell yeah! :rockon:

Not unless Manning can get over being owned by Brady.

Genaro
01-13-2014, 03:07 AM
Lebron is such a bandwagoner. I mean the guy rooted for Cowboys, Yankees and Bulls while living in Ohio and now this. Unbelieveble :facepalm

oarabbus
01-13-2014, 03:12 AM

:roll:

cold

Cold soul
01-13-2014, 05:00 AM
Not unless Manning can get over being owned by Brady.

Ouch. Sadly, that statement is somewhat true. The Patriots haven't played a road playoff game since 2006 against INDY, if my memory serves me right. Pats lost that game too and they were up by 21 points. Manning and company had brilliant comeback to pull off the win, and went onto beat the Bears that year in the Super Bowl. This years AFC championship game being in Denver will greatly benefit the Broncos. Only area I'm worried about is Denver secondary, we lost Chris Harris today due to injury which will be a major blow if he is unable play next week. I love my Denver Broncos been major fan since 1996. Both conference games should be great football hopefully anyway. The media headlines all this week leading up to both games should be crazy. So many story lines and history, rivalry one being new (young) 49ers vs. Seahawks and the other being (old) decade long debate between Manning vs. Brady. Here small history note: Brady last postseason game in Denver (2005) and Denver was first team ever to defeat Brady in playoffs they gave him his first loss. Brady been beating us more often lately, but earlier in the decade that wasn't the case including regular season of course.

P.S. Sorry for long post aka wall of text. Haha

maybeshewill13
01-13-2014, 05:04 AM
Typical Lebron. His team can't win, join the Heat. His football team can't win, join the 49ers. Such a beta fakkit :facepalm

He's an idiot anyway, Seahawks will win it all.

Cold soul
01-13-2014, 05:12 AM
Typical Lebron. His team can't win, join the Heat. His football team can't win, join the 49ers. Such a beta fakkit :facepalm

He's an idiot anyway, Seahawks will win it all.

My postseason picks before the playoffs started was Denver vs. Seattle. The old AFCW rivalry. Both from mountain west heck yes. I give Seattle the slight edge if they wind up playing against each other in SB due to great defense usually beats a great offense most of the time. This is SB game I want so badly or Den vs. SF works too.

maybeshewill13
01-13-2014, 05:15 AM
My postseason picks before the playoffs started was Denver vs. Seattle. The old AFCW rivalry. Both from mountain west heck yes. I give Seattle the slight edge if they wind up playing against each other in SB due to great defense usually beats a great offense most of the time. This is SB game I want so badly or Den vs. SF works too.
Yep, their defense will win them the trophey. Defense > offense.

tmacattack33
01-13-2014, 10:50 AM
It seems that a half of American sports news comes from LeBron James' twitter:lol :facepalm

Lebron da gawd :rockon:

Nick Young
01-13-2014, 10:55 AM
why isnt this traitor a browns fan doe/