PDA

View Full Version : So we gonna pretend that 25 year old Durant isn't outplaying LeBron in his prime?

russwest0
01-13-2014, 05:49 AM
:confusedshrug:

RightToCensor
01-13-2014, 05:50 AM
http://wemeantwell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/censorship.jpg

russwest0
01-13-2014, 05:51 AM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

maybeshewill13
01-13-2014, 05:52 AM

Perfect for those delusional Lebron stans, I like this guy :applause:

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 05:55 AM
26/7/7 @ 59%, 67 TS%
vs
30/8/5 @ 49%, 63 TS%

Joe Anderson
01-13-2014, 05:56 AM
So we gonna pretend that a Lebron who has been in total coast mode all season isn't putting up almost the exact same numbers as a guy who's going all out every night? That's pretty sad for Durant's legacy, especially considering Lebron isn't taking any where near as many shots as Durant is.:confusedshrug:

TheWeeknd
01-13-2014, 05:58 AM
lol why dont you wait till the heat play the thunder before making this.

inb4 durant gets owned and a lebron stan bumps this thread

maybeshewill13
01-13-2014, 06:00 AM
So we gonna pretend that a Lebron who has been in total coast mode all season isn't putting up almost the exact same numbers as a guy who's going all out every night? That's pretty sad for Durant's legacy, especially considering Lebron isn't taking any where near as many shots as Durant is.:confusedshrug:

Scalabrine was in coast mode his whole career, he was just holding back in fear of embarrassing all the black people who were meant to be better than the whites at something.

See, equally as delusional :hammerhead:

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 06:01 AM
Scalabrine was in coast mode his whole career, he was just holding back in fear of embarrassing all the black people who were meant to be better than the whites at something.

How are Durant's stats noticeably better?

Joe Anderson
01-13-2014, 06:02 AM

Yes, personally attack me because you can't refute anything I wrote. :applause: Thanks for letting me know I won! :cheers:

maybeshewill13
01-13-2014, 06:05 AM
Yes, personally attack me because you can't refute anything I wrote. :applause: Thanks for letting me know I won! :cheers:
Naww I "attacked you"? Y'all 2014 nikkas so sensitive :lol I was attacking your delusional statement.

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 06:05 AM
LBj is putting up good numbers this month. 29/5/5 on 60 FG%. The Heat are 4-2 in their last 6 games.

LBj is still averaging 26/7/7 this season on 59.1 FG%.

maybeshewill13
01-13-2014, 06:06 AM
LBj is putting up good numbers this month. 29/5/5 on 60 FG%. The Heat are 4-2 in their last 6 games.

While having a negative record without Wade and worse stats than Durant.

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 06:08 AM
worse stats than Durant.
How?

maybeshewill13
01-13-2014, 06:12 AM
How?

Higher PPG, higher rebounds, less TOs, while keeping a team in the far superior western conference in the top three.

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 06:12 AM
While having a negative record without Wade and worse stats than Durant.

OKc also losses some games without westbrook. And you guys won't beat the Heat in a best of 7 series.

maybeshewill13
01-13-2014, 06:14 AM
OKc also losses some games without westbrook. And you guys won't beat the Heat in a best of 7 series.
Better record than Lebron without Wade, and the Heat are far more stacked.

It's OK, Heat won't get past Indiana anyway :cheers:

Joe Anderson
01-13-2014, 06:16 AM
Higher PPG, higher rebounds, less TOs, while keeping a team in the far superior western conference in the top three.
So you are saying that Lebron, a pass first player, is averaging almost as many points per game as a shoot first player like Durant? You are not making a very good case for your boy lol. Lets be honest, if it wasn't for all the BS free throws Durant gets every night, Lebron would be ahead of him in ppg. :lol

russwest0
01-13-2014, 06:16 AM
OKC wouldn't beat Heat in a 7 game series? Would they get last years refs? If so they would have stomped Miami last season if WB didn't go down. Miami got lucky they got the depleted and old Spurs team in the finals.

Joe Anderson
01-13-2014, 06:18 AM
Better record than Lebron without Wade, and the Heat are far more stacked.

It's OK, Heat won't get past Indiana anyway :cheers:
You mean you are hoping they won't get past Indiana. :roll:
You are clearly scared of Lebron, just like your boy KD.:D

maybeshewill13
01-13-2014, 06:18 AM
So you are saying that Lebron, a pass first player, is averaging almost as many points per game as a shoot first player like Durant? You are not making a very good case for your boy lol. Lets be honest, if it wasn't for all the BS free throws Durant gets every night, Lebron would be ahead of him in ppg. :lol

:sleeping a past first player averaging 1 more assist than a shoot-first player? These Jan 14 rookies are pathetic :facepalm

russwest0
01-13-2014, 06:19 AM
:sleeping a past first player averaging 1 more assist than a shoot-first player? These Jan 14 rookies are pathetic :facepalm

Yeah, they have a few good posters but a TON of scum/cancer

Joe Anderson
01-13-2014, 06:21 AM
OKC wouldn't beat Heat in a 7 game series? Would they get last years refs? If so they would have stomped Miami last season if WB didn't go down. Miami got lucky they got the depleted and old Spurs team in the finals.
Pretty sure Westbrook was healthy in the 2 regular season match ups last year, and Lebron embarrassed KD as per usual. If anyone is lucky about the Westbrook thing it is Durant, as he didn't have to get his arse kicked by Lebron in the finals 2 years in a row. :lol

russwest0
01-13-2014, 06:22 AM
Joe Anderson is cancer

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=300703

Joe Anderson
01-13-2014, 06:23 AM
Are you really gonna try and act like Lebron isn't a pass first player? You might wanna just stop posting, you are embarrassing yourself. :facepalm

russwest0
01-13-2014, 06:30 AM
Can't imagine if 29 year old Kobe would ever "not try" or "coast." Same for Durant. Don't understand that argument in regards to LeBron. He's just getting outplayed.

VIntageNOvel
01-13-2014, 06:33 AM
Can't imagine if 29 year old Kobe would ever "not try" or "coast." Same for Durant. Don't understand that argument in regards to LeBron. He's just getting outplayed.

:applause:

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 06:34 AM

Back to back regular season and finals MVP Brah. You are a kobetard pretending to be a Durant and westbrook fan.

Call me when Durant and Kobe won more than 1 NBA MVP trophy, and call me when durant finally wins an NBA title or win more than 1 game in the finals.

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 06:35 AM

Durant FTA: 10
Durant FGA: 19.2

Lebron FTA: 7.3
Lebron FGA: 16.1

Durant is also less efficient.

"outplayed"

Angel Face
01-13-2014, 06:36 AM
It's pretty obvious this season, that Durant is the best player on the league . Only ESPN would choose LeBron otherwise...

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 06:38 AM
Durant FTA: 10
Durant FGA: 19.2

Lebron FTA: 7.3
Lebron FGA: 16.1

Durant is also less efficient.

"outplayed"

I'll just ignore them. Kd is averaging more points because he's playing more minutes, and he's shooting 3 more FG's attempts, and 3 more FT's than LBJ.

I love to see the rematch of the 2012 NBA Finals, but the current Thunder won't make it into the conference finals this year unless they have a healthy Westbrook.

Joe Anderson
01-13-2014, 06:39 AM
Back to back regular season and finals MVP Brah. You are a kobetard pretending to be a Durant and westbrook fan.

Call me when Durant and Kobe won more than 1 NBA MVP trophy, and call me when durant finally wins an NBA title or win more than 1 game in the finals.

russwest0
01-13-2014, 06:39 AM
Durant is less efficient? Based on what? He's the leader in PER and PIE, the two main player efficiency scores.

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 06:40 AM
Lmao at these kobetarded logic. Kareem and Jordan both have 6 and 5 mvp awards respectively, and they are the top 2 greatest players of all time.

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 06:40 AM
Durant is less efficient? Based on what? He's the leader in PER and PIE, the two main player efficiency scores.

PER is now a great stat. Convenient.

What about the precious TS%? Or raw FG%?

russwest0
01-13-2014, 06:41 AM
Still hilarious that LBJ dickeaters can't let their boy get outplayed without saying "he's just coasting!!" or that he's not trying. It's obvious LBJ was blessed with amazing athletic ability but he doesn't have the work ethic of the Kobe's/Durant's of the world. No coincidence both of those guys get a ton of praise from their peers while LeBron... well, not so much.

Hilarious how LeBron told the media he improved in all aspects before the season and now he's worse across the whole board. Said he was gonna work on his FT shooting and he didn't improve it at all. Meanwhile Durant stayed quiet, didn't whore for attention, and has came out and established himself as the best leading to a lot of pissy LBJ stans

maybeshewill13
01-13-2014, 06:42 AM
Are you really gonna try and act like Lebron isn't a pass first player? You might wanna just stop posting, you are embarrassing yourself. :facepalm
Wow you really are brain-dead :facepalm You try make a point, get it turned against you then totally misinterpret the whole point that you JUST MADE. I don't have to embarrass you son, you're doing that yourself :roll:

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 06:43 AM
Still hilarious that LBJ dickeaters can't let their boy get outplayed without saying "he's just coasting!!" or that he's not trying. It's obvious LBJ was blessed with amazing athletic ability but he doesn't have the work ethic of the Kobe's/Durant's of the world. No coincidence both of those guys get a ton of praise from their peers while LeBron... well, not so much.

Hilarious how LeBron told the media he improved in all aspects this season and he's worse across the whole board. Meanwhile Durant stayed quiet, didn't whore for attention, and has came out and established himself as the best leading to a lot of pissy LBJ stans

1 week IP ban bet. Miami beat the OKC thunder at the end of this month, and LBJ will out play KD again.

russwest0
01-13-2014, 06:43 AM
Wow you really are brain-dead :facepalm You try make a point, get it turned against you then totally misinterpret the whole point that you JUST MADE. I don't have to embarrass you son, you're doing that yourself :roll:

I noticed that too :roll: :roll: :roll:

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 06:44 AM
1 week IP ban bet. Miami beat the OKC thunder at the end of this month, and LBJ will out play KD again.

:wtf:

maybeshewill13
01-13-2014, 06:44 AM
I'll just ignore them. Kd is averaging more points because he's playing more minutes, and he's shooting 3 more FG's attempts, and 3 more FT's than LBJ.

I love to see the rematch of the 2012 NBA Finals, but the current Thunder won't make it into the conference finals this year unless they have a healthy Westbrook.

You mean KD is scoring more points because he's shooting more? Genius! I guess the fact that Lebron is passing more is the reason he's got more assists too? Nice point you make! :sleeping

I noticed that too :roll: :roll: :roll:

I laughed so ****ing hard when I read it, holy shit :roll:

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 06:46 AM
You mean KD is scoring more points because he's shooting more? Genius! I guess the fact that Lebron is passing more is the reason he's got more assists too? Nice point you make! :sleeping

He shoots 3 more freethrows to score 4 more points while playing more minutes. :roll:

russwest0
01-13-2014, 06:47 AM
Uhh yeah... dude, it turns out that star players typically shoot the ball more than role players and as a result score a lot of points. Nice to see LBJ realizing he's not that skilled tho and going the DeAndre Jordan route :lol

russwest0
01-13-2014, 06:49 AM
Kobe at age 29 averaged 32/6/6.... LBJ stans be like... LeBron just "isn't trying" tho :oldlol:

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Remember that one play where Durant was shooting freethrows?

maybeshewill13
01-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Uhh yeah... dude, it turns out that star players typically shoot the ball more than role players and as a result score a lot of points. Nice to see LBJ realizing he's not that skilled tho and going the DeAndre Jordan route :lol
http://i.imgur.com/AsZfQiZ.jpg

:lol

Remember that one play where Durant was shooting freethrows?

Give it up Jan 2014, you're not ready to roll with the big boys. Sit back and learn something from your superiors.

russwest0
01-13-2014, 06:55 AM
Holy shit, LeBron shoots more shots RIGHT UNDER THE RIM than he does in everywhere else from the floor COMBINED... :lol :lol :lol

His whole season is dedicated to whoring for his efficiency and he's STILL getting beat in that area by Durant

"not trying tho" :roll: :roll: :roll:

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 06:56 AM
Give it up Jan 2014, you're not ready to roll with the big boys. Sit back and learn something from your superiors.

Durant shoots more 3 more freethrows to average 4 more points while playing more minutes. His production isn't noticeably better. :confusedshrug:

maybeshewill13
01-13-2014, 06:57 AM
Holy shit, LeBron shoots more shots RIGHT UNDER THE RIM than he does in everywhere else from the floor COMBINED... :lol :lol :lol

His whole season is dedicated to whoring for his efficiency and he's STILL getting beat in that area by Durant

"not trying tho" :roll: :roll: :roll:

He's just coasting man, just coasting :roll:

Combat Wombat
01-13-2014, 06:58 AM

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 07:05 AM

Prime Kobe was getting his @$$ kicked in the first round of the playoffs. And he was "statspadding" with his barely 8th seed Lakers team.

maybeshewill13
01-13-2014, 07:07 AM
Prime Kobe was getting his @$$ kicked in the first round of the playoffs. And he was "statspadding" with his barely 8th seed Lakers team.
LMFAO at a Lebron stan talking about stad-padding.. I've seen it all :roll: :roll: :roll:

hahaitme
01-13-2014, 07:26 AM
LeBron and Durant are both sidekicks anyway, to Wade and Westbrook.

I guess you could say LeBron is a better sidekick than Durant though, he has more rings. :pimp:

russwest0
01-13-2014, 07:54 AM
LeBron23 trying to pretend Kobe is a career loser... :lol :lol :lol

Shit is hilarious

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 07:57 AM
LeBron23 trying to pretend Kobe is a career loser... :lol :lol :lol

Shit is hilarious

Lebron is a better player (better regular season, playoffs and even finals stats) than Mr. Bryant.

russwest0
01-13-2014, 08:00 AM
Lebron is a better player (better regular season, playoffs and even finals stats) than Mr. Bryant.

http://www.celebutopia.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/000TTT10.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gnXezan.jpg

L8kersfan222
01-13-2014, 08:07 AM
maybeshewill13 and russwest0 shitting on jan 2014 and lebron23 :eek:

Combat Wombat
01-13-2014, 08:07 AM

:roll:

The insecurity of the bandwagon Heat fans is on full display right here. In my previous 22 posts, I have made ZERO reference to Kobe yet I'm being classed as a Kobe stan.

You sad, sad, little man.

Knicks014Champs
01-13-2014, 08:12 AM
So far this season for SF position:

Melo

LeBron

Durant

RightToCensor
01-13-2014, 08:14 AM

Melo

LeBron

Durant
Please stop you're making Jan 2014 look like idiots.

Blue&Orange
01-13-2014, 08:20 AM

Lebron retards confuse cherry picking with coasting, it's hilarious really.

Lebron was about to chop Beasley head off against the Nets because of an illegal screen, so yeah he is coasting.

LeBron 06
01-13-2014, 08:20 AM
It was the same thing in 2012 before the nba finals and last year at the same time of the season...But LeBron ended the debate at the beginning of February

also,21 years old LeBron is better than the current Durant....The cavs were 23-7 against the West in 2006 and they almost beat the 64 wins pistons, which would have been a huge upset

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 08:25 AM

Lebron retards confuse cherry picking with coasting, it's hilarious really.

Lebron was about to chop Beasley head off against the Nets because of an illegal screen, so yeah he is coasting.

Hey retard.

LBj is averaging 29 ppg on 60 FG%, and 5 apg, and 5 rpg this month. Melo is averaging 26.1 ppg on 44.9 FG% while Lebron is averaging 26 ppg on 59.1 FG%.

Knicks014Champs
01-13-2014, 08:27 AM
Hey retard.

LBj is averaging 29 ppg on 60 FG%, and 5 apg, and 5 rpg this month. Melo is averaging 26.1 ppg on 44.9 FG% while Lebron is averaging 26 ppg on 59.1 FG%.

Melo > Bron

Melo averages more points and don't nit pick his shots, also better passer defender etc. Bron overrated, Melo passes Bron in all time list this year after finals :applause:

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Melo > Bron

Melo averages more points and don't nit pick his shots, also better passer defender etc. Bron overrated, Melo passes Bron in all time list this year after finals :applause:

Good gimmick account.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

SHABBA
01-13-2014, 08:36 AM

Melo

LeBron

Durant

Knicks014Champs
01-13-2014, 08:40 AM
Good gimmick account.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

you are gimmick yourself man, because of posters like you people on this board believe that Bron > Melo :facepalm

ImKobe
01-13-2014, 09:18 AM

Durant leads the league in PPG, is a better rebounder and turns the ball over at a lesser rate while having a higher usage rate. Also leads the league in PER,WS(much higher OWS and DWS) and WS/48. OKC is also the better offensive AND defensive team this year while they've been missing Westbrook for 12 games already with KD practically having to doing everything. And OKC has a better record than Miami.

Right now KD is having the better season. There's no point in denying that when numbers prove it.

Lebron might end up being the better player, but you still have to give KD credit when he's only 25 and is leading a team coached by scott Brooks to a 28-9 record.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-13-2014, 09:23 AM
So making 3 more points on 3 more shots per game and 10% lower FG percentage,1 rebound more and 2 Assists less while flopping every game like a retard is outplaying how exactly??? also LeBron is upping his scoring averages right now and will finish the season with 27,5 PPG. basically only thing Durant has at the moment are three more points from 3 more Ft attempts per game:biggums:
Op is most certainly a fakkit.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-13-2014, 09:24 AM
you are gimmick yourself man, because of posters like you people on this board believe that Bron > Melo :facepalm
Fresh kid, is that you???:coleman:

Marlo_Stanfield
01-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Durant leads the league in PPG, is a better rebounder and turns the ball over at a lesser rate while having a higher usage rate. Also leads the league in PER,WS(much higher OWS and DWS) and WS/48. OKC is also the better offensive AND defensive team this year while they've been missing Westbrook for 12 games already with KD practically having to doing everything. And OKC has a better record than Miami.

Right now KD is having the better season. There's no point in denying that when numbers prove it.

Lebron might end up being the better player, but you still have to give KD credit when he's only 25 and is leading a team coached by scott Brooks to a 28-9 record.
LeBron had better seasons than KD at the same or younger age. his season is also better right now and he will end up with at lest 27PPG on at least 58% Shooting with 7 assists and 7-8 Rebounds.
what u wrote basically only means that not only LeBron but also Durant are now way better than Kobe ever was:lol

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 09:36 AM

He's might win his first MVP this year, but the regular season is not yet over. last year durant was also leading the MVP race, but Lebron out played him in the 2nd half of the season.

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2014, 10:27 AM
LeBron coasting yet has better stats.. :applause:

Frozen1
01-13-2014, 10:32 AM
When Durant is having a bad game from the field refs make sure he shoots at least 20 FT.

#number6ix#
01-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Man we got all these new posters and all y'all wanna talk about is LeBron... Tell me something new... KD has been the best player in league so far...KD isn't doing anything LeBron has done already

Bandito
01-13-2014, 11:19 AM
Man we got all these new posters and all y'all wanna talk about is LeBron... Tell me something new... KD has been the best player in league so far...KD isn't doing anything LeBron has done already
Lebron...:lol

rlsmooth775
01-13-2014, 11:22 AM
So Kobe fans are admitting Lebron has been better than Kobe since his second season

ImKobe
01-13-2014, 11:25 AM
LeBron had better seasons than KD at the same or younger age. his season is also better right now and he will end up with at lest 27PPG on at least 58% Shooting with 7 assists and 7-8 Rebounds.
what u wrote basically only means that not only LeBron but also Durant are now way better than Kobe ever was:lol

how the hell do you know what he will end up with? :biggums:

Right now Lebron averages 26 ppg 6.6 reb 6.5 ast, hardly his best season ever. And if you think 26 7 and 7 are better then Kobe ever was you're stupid :coleman:

Kobe had a 30 ppg 6.9 reb 5.9 ast 2.2 spg 0.8 bpg season, at 24 years old :bowdown: which is better than either KD or Bron this season

JUDGE WITNESS
01-13-2014, 11:45 AM
be honest with yourselves. lebron only plays beast ball in the playoffs. he lets everybody else at least have a crack at taking his #1 spot in the regular season while he is coasting

S13M
01-13-2014, 12:46 PM
When Durant is having a bad game from the field refs make sure he shoots at least 20 FT.

LeBron has higher percentage of games shooting less than 40% from the field while attempting more than 10 free throws...

flashgordon0
01-13-2014, 01:00 PM
We know Lebron's about to turn it up second half of the season.

And we know once Westbrook come back Durant will bow down to him and Durants stats will drop lol

And forget the stats Bron is still better period.

Boarder Patrol
01-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Durant has been a better scorer, rebounder and defender this season.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-13-2014, 01:07 PM
whoever watched lebron these last couple of games knows he was just coasting before especially on offense. he often went into full passing mode and set teammates up. i think he wants to make sure that everyone stays happy and is engaged for da three peat.
however, this has hurt his stats and his ability late in games. there were quite a few games where Bron couldnt take over in the end because he spent the entire second half passing and setting up the offense. he then was ice cold and played like crap on offense when he tried to take over. i think he has noticed that himself and had a word with Spo too and now he looks to score more during the entire game. too bad for Durant :oldlol:

HoopsFanNumero1
01-13-2014, 01:14 PM
Has Durant ever even outplayed Lebron in a game before? Seems like Lebron has owned his his whole career.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Has Durant ever even outplayed Lebron in a game before? Seems like Lebron has owned his his whole career.
:applause: hes tired of being second doe

Im Still Ballin
01-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Lebron>Durant.

Deal with it. *sunglasses*

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Kobe had a 30 ppg 6.9 reb 5.9 ast 2.2 spg 0.8 bpg season, at 24 years old :bowdown: which is better than either KD or Bron this season

It's really not better than either. :confusedshrug:

the wise man
01-13-2014, 01:38 PM
how do i get an avatar?

:coleman:

SCfor3
01-13-2014, 01:42 PM
how do i get an avatar?

Same q.

I would assume u gotta get atleast 100+ posts before u can get one.

Knicks014Champs
01-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Lebron>Durant.

Deal with it. *sunglasses*

Maybe, but Melo the only one of the 3 with Swag. Melo easily best SF, you need to watch the games, lol at those stat when those two statpad and get every call. Durant is lanky jump shooter who gets ton of calls by jump shooting :facepalm , anyone can be jump shooter, Scal can be jump shooter. Bron relies on refs too, but in different way he cheats by travelling, easy to get to that basket when u can travel and then brag about ur fg% because everything he shoots is from under the basket and then if shot doesn't go in there is a foul call. Melo don't get favorable calls and relies on his skills to score :applause:

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Maybe, but Melo the only one of the 3 with Swag. Melo easily best SF, you need to watch the games, lol at those stat when those two statpad and get every call. Durant is lanky jump shooter who gets ton of calls by jump shooting :facepalm , anyone can be jump shooter, Scal can be jump shooter. Bron relies on refs too, but in different way he cheats by travelling, easy to get to that basket when u can travel and then brag about ur fg% because everything he shoots is from under the basket and then if shot doesn't go in there is a foul call. Melo don't get favorable calls and relies on his skills to score :applause:

Paul George > Melo

Melo isn't even a top 3 SF anymore.

KingBeasley08
LeBron is pretty easily still the best player in the NBA. People who've argued: OP, Rip, Jabbar, Fudge... I think you can see a pattern there

Milbuck
It's really not better than either. :confusedshrug:

It really is though

Knicks014Champs
01-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Paul George > Melo

Melo isn't even a top 3 SF anymore.

Raptors can shut down George :lol , George is trash. Melo can't be shut down.

SCfor3
01-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Paul George > Melo

Deal with it.

You have to play on both ends.

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 01:56 PM
It really is though

Durant is averaging the same points on MUCH MUCH MUCH better efficiency. LeBron's 26/7/7 on 59% + 67 TS > Kobe's season. How are you arguing this?

Knicks014Champs
01-13-2014, 01:56 PM
Paul George > Melo

Deal with it.

You have to play on both ends.

Yeah Melo play on both ends, George on neither :roll:

SCfor3
01-13-2014, 01:57 PM
Raptors can shut down George :lol , George is trash. Melo can't be shut down.
One game.

And that's why knicks are 8games below 0.500 lol

SCfor3
01-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Watch the games *****, if melo played both ends maybe he would get outta 1st round more than once , lmao.

Knicks014Champs
01-13-2014, 01:58 PM
One game.

And that's why knicks are 8games below 0.500 lol

He got shut down twice by raps this season :bowdown:

KG215
01-13-2014, 02:20 PM
You're not even an original, creative troll/alt account. One of those that's not even a little bit funny and posts absurd shit to the point that it's really, really obvious what you're doing. You're basically that KOBE143 guy (who finally went away) but for Carmelo.

russwest0
01-13-2014, 02:20 PM
be honest with yourselves. lebron only plays beast ball in the playoffs. he lets everybody else at least have a crack at taking his #1 spot in the regular season while he is coasting

Which is why last season his production dropped significantly in the playoffs...? Which is why 3/4 of his Finals series were bad for his standards?

Troll shitposting detected

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Troll shitposting detected

The irony.

russwest0
01-13-2014, 02:23 PM
The irony.

Jan 14 scum acting like he has a voice on here :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

HoopsFanNumero1
01-13-2014, 02:25 PM
How can anyone declare Durant as the better player when he gets owned by Lebron every single time they match up :lol

Durant stans getting desperate.

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 02:27 PM
Jan 14 scum acting like he has a voice on here :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

What a riveting comeback. Clearly you must be the resident genius around these parts.

edrick
01-13-2014, 02:30 PM
How can anyone declare Durant as the better player when he gets owned by Lebron every single time they match up :lol

Durant stans getting desperate.

They'll keep talking until the playoffs, and if the Heat win again, they'll disappear for a while until a new season begins. Then they'll start talking about all of Lebron's help and how it was another asterisk championship, because of injures. After that they will move onto how Lebron's athleticism is fading and how much he has aged, blah blah, they'll be right eventually, but :facepalm .

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 02:32 PM
After that they will move onto how Lebron's athleticism is fading and how much he has aged, blah blah, they'll be right eventually, but :facepalm .

That argument left the building after LeBron threw down some of his best dunks of his career and on multiple occasions, was rim level.

edrick
01-13-2014, 02:54 PM
That argument left the building after LeBron threw down some of his best dunks of his career and on multiple occasions, was rim level.

It will come back next year, it has been brought up the past 2 years already. This year they were ignoring the fact that Lebron had a bad back early on, so he wasn't as explosive as normal.

Illuminati
01-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Lmao. Only way I can declare Durant outplaying LeBron is in head-to-heads. Putting up better numbers and getting the W. Other than that LeBron still the best player in the league.

I still remember their last head-to-head in OKC, LeBron outplayed him badly, Durant was gifted free-throws in garbage time to drop 40 points, out of context made it seem like he had a good game. :oldlol:

LeBron 06
01-13-2014, 03:01 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266402

Trollsmasher
01-13-2014, 03:09 PM
I'll bump this thread in 2 weeks after OKC goes 2-8 and Durant drops from the MVP contention entirely.

Joyner82reload
01-13-2014, 03:22 PM
What the hell are these people thinking saying LeBron has torched Durant head to head everytime they play. Let's just look at these point totals of their previous 10 games

Game 1
Durant 29 points 57.1 FG% W
LeBron 19 points 38.1 FG% L

Game 2
Durant 28 points 55.0 FG% W
LeBron 17 points 44.4 FG% L

Game 3
Durant 30 points 52.4 FG% L
LeBron 34 points 50.0 FG% W

Game 4
Durant 33 points 52.4 FG% L
LeBron 29 points 60.0 FG% W

Game 5
Durant 36 points 60.0 FG% W
LeBron 30 points 45.8 FG% L

Game 6
Durant 32 points 54.5 FG% L
LeBron 32 points 45.5 FG% W

Game 7
Durant 25 points 57.9 FG% L
LeBron 29 points 47.8 FG% W

Game 8
Durant 28 points 47.4 FG% L
LeBron 26 points 50.0 FG% W

Game 9
Durant 32 points 54.2 FG%
LeBron 26 points 47.4 FG%

Game 10
Durant 40 points 50.0 FG% L
LeBron 39 points 58.3 FG% W

Durant has clearly held his own against LeBron, although his team is only 3-7 in their last 10 vs James. However that's a 2 game differential, nothing to make a huge deal out of.

Prometheus
01-13-2014, 03:23 PM
I personally thought it would be another 3-4 years until Durant became the world's best basketball player, but surprisingly I've changed my mind - I'd rather have kd right now. HOWEVER...

you really can't say much about it at this point in the year. of course LeBron is in coast mode. they played through late june the last three years, and he carried the heavy load for the team that entire time (well, except for the 2011 finals :oldlol: ). dude is coming off of 2 straight mvps, fmvps, championships... with a gold medal summer as the leader of team usa in between. he's on a great team that can keep themselves in the hca mix by relying on their talent and not playing super hard every night... does anyone remember how seriously the lakers were taking the early parts of the regular season in 02 or 03? we all knew before the season even began that Miami was gonna take it pretty easy for a few months. come on now, I'm sure you're all grown enough to understand this

Trollsmasher
01-13-2014, 03:23 PM
What the hell are these people thinking saying LeBron has torched Durant head to head everytime they play. Let's just look at these point totals of their previous 10 games

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

Game 4

Game 5

Game 6

Game 7

Game 8

Game 9

Game 10

Durant has clearly held his own against LeBron, although his team is only 3-7 in their last 10 vs James. However that's a 2 game differential, nothing to make a huge deal out of.
You are proving yourself wrong by including this game:lol

Joyner82reload
01-13-2014, 03:27 PM

And you're basing the fact that LeBron>Durant based off of games from literally 3 years ago. Durant is having one of the greatest seasons in NBA history, thus far, period. And he's on the verge of surpassing LeBron's best season in PER, WSp48, and all of the advanced metrics that were used to say LeBron>Kobe. Durant is a different animal these days

Illuminati
01-13-2014, 03:28 PM

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

Game 4

Game 5

Game 6

Game 7

Game 8

Game 9

Game 10

Lmao. Only way I can declare Durant outplaying LeBron is in head-to-heads. Putting up better numbers and getting the W. Other than that LeBron still the best player in the league.

I still remember their last head-to-head in OKC, LeBron outplayed him badly, Durant was gifted free-throws in garbage time to drop 40 points, out of context made it seem like he had a good game. :oldlol:

:oldlol:

Trollsmasher
01-13-2014, 03:29 PM
And you're basing the fact that LeBron>Durant based off of games from literally 3 years ago. Durant is having one of the greatest seasons in NBA history, thus far, period. And he's on the verge of surpassing LeBron's best season in PER, WSp48, and all of the advanced metrics that were used to say LeBron>Kobe. Durant is a different animal these days
Except he is not

pegasus
01-13-2014, 03:29 PM

Why?

Joyner82reload
01-13-2014, 03:30 PM
:oldlol:

Which is amusing because Durant clearly has a much higher TS% and FG% then LeBron over that 10 game stretch. But I guess we only like to talk about LeBron's FG% when it's used for regular season standard matchups, and not head to head matchups

Joyner82reload
01-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Except he is not

Durant's posting a PER of 35 without Westbrook and a WSp48 of .375. He's currently at 29.9 PER and .318 WSp48. LeBron's career highs are 31.7 PER and .322 WSp48. That mean's he needs approximately 4 more games to surpass LeBron in WSp48 and 12 more games to surpass him in PER @ his current pace without Westbrook

As a matter of fact, if he continues his play without Westbrook he will set the NBA record's for PER, WSp48, ORTG, TOV%, and Win Shares.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-13-2014, 03:33 PM
LEBron James is the best player the NBA has ever seen. no one gonna change that, especially no Kevin "MrFT" Durant:applause: :applause:

Prometheus
01-13-2014, 03:35 PM
LEBron James is the best player the NBA has ever seen. no one gonna change that, especially no Kevin "MrFT" Durant:applause: :applause:

you spelled "Jordan" wrong

Milbuck
01-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Giannis Antetokounmpo will be the best player the NBA has ever seen. no one gonna change that, especially no Kevin "MrFT" Durant:applause: :applause:

Fixed

K Xerxes
01-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Durant's posting a PER of 35 without Westbrook and a WSp48 of .375. He's currently at 29.9 PER and .318 WSp48. LeBron's career highs are 31.7 PER and .322 WSp48. That mean's he needs approximately 4 more games to surpass LeBron in WSp48 and 12 more games to surpass him in PER @ his current pace without Westbrook

As a matter of fact, if he continues his play without Westbrook he will set the NBA record's for PER, WSp48, ORTG, TOV%, and Win Shares.

Great players have stretches where they do incredibly things. MJ, LeBron, Kobe etc have all done this too. This is clearly not sustainable meaning your extrapolation is absurd.

Trollsmasher
01-13-2014, 03:43 PM

Calculating pace based on 8 games:lol I guess I'll wait for LeBron to have a 40 PER game to predict he will shatter every record:lol

I will bump this thread in two weeks after KD loses the next 7-8 out of 10 and the Thunder will be wishing for their best player to come back sooner than later.

It's clear KD is very uncomfortable with his role:

“I'm not doing enough to help them,” Durant told The Oklahoman. “I'm shooting too much. I'm shooting too many 3s. I'm not helping them out at all. So it's not on them.”

He is simply a lifetime beta and anybody who expects him to dominate for a longer stretch will be disappointed.

BlazerRed
01-13-2014, 04:17 PM
Lmao. Only way I can declare Durant outplaying LeBron is in head-to-heads.

Ok lets roll with that logic. Knicks and Melo > Heat and Leflop :bowdown:

LeBron 06
01-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Ok lets roll with that logic. Knicks and Melo > Heat and Leflop :bowdown:

Lebron and the heat is 4-1 in the playoffs vs Carmelo.....

BlazerRed
01-13-2014, 04:20 PM
Lebron and the heat is 4-1 in the playoffs vs Carmelo.....
Yeah but we're rolling with previous posters logic. Head to head the Knicks just dominated the Heat :bowdown:

Also 'Lebron 06', April 2013. Must be a legit Heat fan :applause:

LeBron 06
01-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Yeah but we're rolling with previous posters logic. Head to head the Knicks just dominated the Heat :bowdown:

But not in the playoffs

BlazerRed
01-13-2014, 04:23 PM
But not in the playoffs
You going to act like Jr Smith and Felton > Wade and Bosh? ****ing rookie quit acting like a fool :facepalm

HoopsFanNumero1
01-13-2014, 04:26 PM

Also 'Lebron 06', April 2013. Must be a legit Heat fan :applause:

Lebron's overall record against Melo is 11-12. Pretty damn even.

On the other hand Durant's record against Lebron is 3-13, which is just downright pathetic. I don't even need to look at the stats. Lebron has outplayed Durant in just about every one of their matchups and anyone who has watched the two play will tell you the same.

Swedish Chef
01-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Junes Jerebku oovns ell. Bork Bork Bork!

Solefade
01-13-2014, 04:28 PM
this BlazerRed guy literally comes into every thread about lebron to try to discredit him as much as possible.

lebron livin in this dude's head rent free :lol

BlazerRed
01-13-2014, 04:30 PM
Lebron's overall record against Melo is 11-12. Pretty damn even.

On the other hand Durant's record against Lebron is 3-13, which is just downright pathetic. I don't even need to look at the stats. Lebron has outplayed Durant in just about every one of their matchups and anyone who has watched the two play will tell you the same.

Let's wait 3-4 years and judge the head to head matchups of a past prime Lebron against a prime Durant. Those comparisons would be just as fair as the last few years have. Durant was like 22-23 playing against a prime Lebron in the finals with a team of kids against D Wade and Bosh. What do you expect? It's like saying now that CP3 > Kobe career wise.

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Let's wait 3-4 years and judge the head to head matchups of a past prime Lebron against a prime Durant. Those comparisons would be just as fair as the last few years have. Durant was like 22-23 playing against a prime Lebron in the finals. What do you expect? It's like saying now that CP3 > Kobe career wise.

Doesn't stop you retards from bringing up 2007 Finals.

Jlamb47
01-13-2014, 04:34 PM
Yal are comparing a young Durant who isnt in his prime yet. Lebron is in his prime. And on top of that Durant is playing a harder conferene. East has no competition besides Indiana. West has a bunch of tough teams.

BlazerRed
01-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Doesn't stop you retards from bringing up 2007 Finals.
That's because Lebron choked and quit on his team :lol Durant has never done anything but give his all. It may not have been enough at all times but he has tried. He's been a much more mature player from a young age.

HoopsFanNumero1
01-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Let's wait 3-4 years and judge the head to head matchups of a past prime Lebron against a prime Durant. Those comparisons would be just as fair as the last few years have. Durant was like 22-23 playing against a prime Lebron in the finals with a team of kids against D Wade and Bosh. What do you expect? It's like saying now that CP3 > Kobe career wise.

Hilarious. That team of "kids" beat the Spurs...

Anyway, so what's the hurry to call the Durant the best player? I'd say he needs to at least outplay Lebron once in a h2h matchup before getting that title.

HoopsFanNumero1
01-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Yal are comparing a young Durant who isnt in his prime yet. Lebron is in his prime. And on top of that Durant is playing a harder conferene. East has no competition besides Indiana. West has a bunch of tough teams.

We're talking about h2h :facepalm

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 04:39 PM
That's because Lebron choked and quit on his team :lol Durant has never done anything but give his all. He's been a much more mature player from a young age.

Have some consistency and your stan is showing. :no:

Rose'sACL
01-13-2014, 04:42 PM

Anyway, so what's the hurry to call the Durant the best player? I'd say he needs to at least outplay Lebron once in a h2h matchup before getting that title.
that is a bad rule but people have to remember that lebron steps up his rebounding numbers against teams that are big in playoffs like he did against indiana last season and still averaged about 30 on 50% shooting. he is a way more intelligent player than people give him credit for.
Lebron had an okay final for most parts by his standards and averaged 25.3-11-7 against spurs. this is the player who people hate on this board and want to call durant the better player before even 60 games are played.

BlazerRed
01-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Have some consistency and your stan is showing. :no:
Guess you've ran out of ammo. Another one bites the dust. RIP Jan 14 :applause:

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 04:45 PM
Guess you've ran out of ammo. Another one bites the dust. RIP Jan 14 :applause:

What? You contradicted yourself and tried playing it off. I was being nice about it, yet you try to pull this? Wow. :rolleyes:

Joyner82reload
01-13-2014, 04:47 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201206120OKC.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201203250OKC.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201103160MIA.html

Because LeBron has never been outplayed h2h by Durant :rolleyes:

BlazerRed
01-13-2014, 04:49 PM
What? You contradicted yourself and tried playing it off. I was being nice about it, yet you try to pull this? Wow. :rolleyes:
Keep digging rookie :sleeping

Legends66NBA7
01-13-2014, 04:50 PM
One game.

Nah, 2 games. Even the 1st game with Gay on the team, he wasn't very special.

George has yet to shoot over 35.7%fg in any game and is shooting like 15% from 3 in those games.

J Shuttlesworth
01-13-2014, 04:52 PM
26/7/7 @ 59%, 67 TS%
vs
30/8/5 @ 49%, 63 TS%

Hardly outplaying considering LeBron plays a little less minutes than KD. Durant is balling out of his mind though and so far, deserves the MVP from what we've seen so far. the 59% FG is pretty mindblowing though, regardless of what the "stat-pad" claimers suggest

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 04:54 PM
Hardly outplaying considering LeBron plays a little less minutes than KD. Durant is balling out of his mind though and so far, deserves the MVP from what we've seen so far. the 59% FG is pretty mindblowing though, regardless of what the "stat-pad" claimers suggest

I was implying just that.

Joe Anderson
01-13-2014, 05:07 PM
I can't believe this thread is still going. Russwest0 is the most pathetic kind of poster there is, a Kobe stan pretending to be a Durant stan! :lol Every single post he makes is about Lebron! :biggums: Trolls like him are not worth even responding to.
Also, why are KD stans bringing up stats and PER? Does Durant not pass the "eye test?" :confusedshrug:

Illuminati
01-13-2014, 05:08 PM
I can't believe this thread is still going. Russwest0 is the most pathetic kind of poster there is, a Kobe stan pretending to be a Durant stan! :lol Every single post he makes is about Lebron! :biggums: Trolls like him are not worth even responding to.
Also, why are KD stans bringing up stats and PER? Does Durant not pass the "eye test?" :confusedshrug:

His real idol is done, of course he has to stan another player who is challenging LeBron for the best title in the NBA because his real idol never could. :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
01-13-2014, 05:09 PM
I was implying just that.
Yeah I figured. I was agreeing with you :cheers:

Joe Anderson
01-13-2014, 05:34 PM
His real idol is done, of course he has to stan another player who is challenging LeBron for the best title in the NBA because his real idol never could. :oldlol:

BigMacAttack
01-13-2014, 05:52 PM

He is a pass first player averaging on 1 more assist pper game then a shoot first player.

Durant is having the better season, its not even close really, only Lebron stans look at those stats and think Brons are better.

Joe Anderson
01-13-2014, 05:56 PM
He is a pass first player averaging on 1 more assist pper game then a shoot first player.

Durant is having the better season, its not even close really, only Lebron stans look at those stats and think Brons are better.
If you watch Heat games, you will notice that Lebron shares the playmaking duties with Wade. He also comes with with a lot of hockey assists, which obviously don't show up in the box score. Are you trying to say that Lebron is a a shoot first player, because I have yet to hear anyone who knows anything about basketball make that claim.

BigMacAttack
01-13-2014, 06:00 PM

Why are you giving yourself a round of applause? Are you proud of making idiotic statements?

BigMacAttack
01-13-2014, 06:07 PM
If you watch Heat games, you will notice that Lebron shares the playmaking duties with Wade. He also comes with with a lot of hockey assists, which obviously don't show up in the box score. Are you trying to say that Lebron is a a shoot first player, because I have yet to hear anyone who knows anything about basketball make that claim.

Im saying that if you are using their scoring being close as a negative for KD then the assists being even closer is a negative for lebron, can you seriously not get that?

BlazerRed
01-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Im saying that if you are using their scoring being close as a negative for KD then the assists being even closer is a negative for lebron, can you seriously not get that?
He doesn't get it. I said the same thing to him pages ago and he came back with something that had nothing to do with what we are talking about :roll: :roll: :roll: Dude is as thick as a brick.

oarabbus
01-13-2014, 06:13 PM
Both are all time greats. Why be a d1ckrider when you can just appreciate witnessing two legends playing the game at the highest level? :confusedshrug:

That being said,
Durant to Heat, LeBron to Thunder, who says no first?

If I'm the Heat I say fvck no.

BlazerRed
01-13-2014, 06:14 PM
You know there's this guy called Westbrook. He's played for over half the season and is their point guard and paymaker with nearly seven assists a game . So a guy who also shares playmaking duties (Durant) is averaging only one assist less than a pass first player (Lebron)?

Seriously your argument is completely flawed, just give it up.

Wally450
01-13-2014, 06:46 PM
Durant puts up empty stats. Nothing he does leads to championships.

BigMacAttack
01-13-2014, 08:12 PM

How man championships did Lebron have at age 25?

Bigsmoke
01-13-2014, 08:16 PM
LeBron at 25 > Durant at that age

oarabbus
01-13-2014, 08:18 PM

Tmac = Empty stats
Ewing = empty stats
Barkley = empty stats
Stockton and Malone = empty stats
Hakeem = asterisk
bernard king = empty stats
CP3 = empty stats
Mutumbo = empty stats
Nash = empty stats
Reggie Miller = empty stats
Iverson = empty stats

Dirk had empty stats his entire career until 2011, but ever since then all of his career stats are now not-empty

Tyson Chandler > Mutumbo and Ewing combined, his stats are impactful not empty like the other two guys

Mario Chalmers > Nash and Stockton combined, Chalmers aint have none of that empty stat bullsh1t

JohnFreeman
01-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Why don't you Durant stans wait for the OKC v Heat game? Durant normally shits the bed against LeBron

Le Shaqtus
01-13-2014, 09:51 PM

Silkk.

BlazerRed
01-13-2014, 09:51 PM
Why don't you Durant stans wait for the OKC v Heat game? Durant normally shits the bed against LeBron
Not true. Look at the last ten meetings between then. Heat have won most, sure, but Durant have been great in pretty much all of them. Don't talk out your ass.

branslowski
01-13-2014, 10:24 PM
Damn, LeBron troll alts runnin crazy up in this thread.:oldlol:

Anyway, Durant>>>LeBron this season, clearly.

KG215
01-13-2014, 11:33 PM
Tmac = Empty stats
Ewing = empty stats
Barkley = empty stats
Stockton and Malone = empty stats
Hakeem = asterisk
bernard king = empty stats
CP3 = empty stats
Mutumbo = empty stats
Nash = empty stats
Reggie Miller = empty stats
Iverson = empty stats

Dirk had empty stats his entire career until 2011, but ever since then all of his career stats are now not-empty

Tyson Chandler > Mutumbo and Ewing combined, his stats are impactful not empty like the other two guys

Mario Chalmers > Nash and Stockton combined, Chalmers aint have none of that empty stat bullsh1t

April 2013 posters get a lot of shit, but the few May 2013 posters I've noticed really do bring it.

KG215
01-13-2014, 11:35 PM
Damn, LeBron troll alts runnin crazy up in this thread.:oldlol:

Anyway, Durant>>>LeBron this season, clearly.
Thing is, I don't get why LeBron stans are so offended by this when it's a very legitimate argument and claim.

I will go even further and say that this is the first year since he's been in the league I may actually believe the gap between Durant and LeBron in terms of who's the better player (because I do believe the reason Durant > LeBron this season has something to do with Durant having to do more and LeBron being able to coast a bit) is actually very small. LeBron may wake up and prove me wrong, but I honestly believe Durant has upped his play enough this season to at least start garnering some semi-serious claims for best player in the NBA. I wouldn't put him ahead of LeBron, yet, but I at least feel like the argument for Durant can be made without feeling like the person making the argument is a moron.

Joe Anderson
01-13-2014, 11:47 PM
Thing is, I don't get why LeBron stans are so offended by this when it's a very legitimate argument and claim.

I will go even further and say that this is the first year since he's been in the league I may actually believe the gap between Durant and LeBron in terms of who's the better player (because I do believe the reason Durant > LeBron this season has something to do with Durant having to do more and LeBron being able to coast a bit) is actually very small. LeBron may wake up and prove me wrong, but I honestly believe Durant has upped his play enough this season to at least start garnering some semi-serious claims for best player in the NBA. I wouldn't put him ahead of LeBron, yet, but I at least feel like the argument for Durant can be made without feeling like the person making the argument is a moron.
The gap is small, and KD is a great player. However, I can't put him ahead of Lebron because he has struggled to win games without Westbrook. I know Lebron has struggled THIS season without Wade, but we have already seen him carry garbage teams to great records multiple times. The truth is that Durant's current Thunder roster, even without Westbrook, is way better than any roster Lebron played on in Cleveland. Once Durant proves he can lead the Thunder to an elite record without Westbrook, then I will reconsider my stance.

JebronLames
01-13-2014, 11:53 PM

I agree.:applause:

Mure
01-13-2014, 11:57 PM
I think Durant has for sure been better this year. He is the MVP so far. I don't know how much of it is LeBron coasting though, and until playoffs come and I see how he plays, I cannot say Durant is the best player in the NBA.

JohnFreeman
01-13-2014, 11:57 PM
Not true. Look at the last ten meetings between then. Heat have won most, sure, but Durant have been great in pretty much all of them. Don't talk out your ass.

Last game Heat blew them out and then the refs were handing Durant freethrows. I remember very well.

KG215
01-13-2014, 11:58 PM
The gap is small, and KD is a great player. However, I can't put him ahead of Lebron because he has struggled to win games without Westbrook. I know Lebron has struggled THIS season without Wade, but we have already seen him carry garbage teams to great records multiple times. The truth is that Durant's current Thunder roster, even without Westbrook, is way better than any roster Lebron played on in Cleveland. Once Durant proves he can lead the Thunder to an elite record without Westbrook, then I will reconsider my stance.
I can sort of get on board with this. Problem is, this OKC team as constructed is now relying on several young, inexperienced players to assume larger roles. As expected with most young players, there's been ups and downs; when they play well OKC still looks really good even without Russ, and when they play poorly OKC looks pretty terrible even if Durant is going off. Then there's Ibaka who still heavily struggles some nights without Russ (he obviously, for whatever reasons, plays really well off Russ and has built a great rapport with Russ) and has even admitted (although I wish he would've worded it differently) that he's still struggling to read Reggie Jackson and struggling to figure out how to play off of him instead of Russ. He's had some really good games without Russ but some pretty awful ones, too, so there's been some nights there just hasn't been much Durant could do because the young guys couldn't make their open shots and Ibaka was playing like shit.

russwest0
01-13-2014, 11:59 PM
The gap is small, and KD is a great player. However, I can't put him ahead of Lebron because he has struggled to win games without Westbrook

KD 5-4 without Russ, posting an absolutely dominant statline
LBJ 4-5 without Wade, his team is 1-0 without him.

Jan 14 scum strikes again :roll:

JebronLames
01-14-2014, 12:00 AM
I think durant has closed the gap, but the gap is still larger than most people want to believe. Since 2012, people have been taking every opportunity to say durant is better, but he's not.

JebronLames
01-14-2014, 12:01 AM
KD 5-4 without Russ, posting an absolutely dominant statline
LBJ 4-5 without Wade, his team is 1-0 without him.

Jan 14 scum strikes again :roll:
Variance.

All Net
01-14-2014, 12:01 AM

As KG has stated the way OKC is built I don't think it's fair on Durant to use this to be honest. He is depending on alot of young players to replace Russ's production and with less room to get easy looks too.

Joe Anderson
01-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Variance.
Don't bother responding to trolls like ruswest0, not worth anyone's time. He knows damn well I admitted that Lebron has struggled without Wade this season. He just wants attention and is only making himself look pathetic. :lol

JebronLames
01-14-2014, 12:18 AM
Don't bother responding to trolls like ruswest0, not worth anyone's time. He knows damn well I admitted that Lebron has struggled without Wade this season. He just wants attention and is only making himself look pathetic. :lol
I like okc fans. Last 6 games against them were good.

branslowski
01-14-2014, 12:25 AM

Trolls telling trolls not to respond to trolls:oldlol:

Joe Anderson
01-14-2014, 12:28 AM
Trolls telling trolls not to respond to trolls:oldlol:
Oh the irony of you calling anyone a troll! You are a funny guy. :lol

JUDGE WITNESS
01-14-2014, 12:29 AM
jan 14 historically deep class

Joe Anderson
01-14-2014, 12:32 AM
I like okc fans. Last 6 games against them were good.
Funny thing is he's not even an OKC fan. A real Thunder fan would never feel the need to slurp Kobe's jock the way this fool does. Worst undercover Kobetard ever! :roll:

BigMacAttack
01-14-2014, 12:34 AM
Last game Heat blew them out and then the refs were handing Durant freethrows. I remember very well.

So? 1 game means he shits himself?

Someone already posted in this thread the LBJ V KD last ten matchup stats and shown that KD does produce against Miami.