PDA

View Full Version : Stoudemire: Resurgent or on Borrowed Time?

Amar'e_Juwanna
01-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Can he keep this up? Not only was he efficient against the Sixers on Saturday, he was GLIMMERING! Threw down some monster dunks, got the benefit of the doubt on 2 dubious calls, but 21 points is nothing to sneeze at, coming off the bench. Can we as Knicks fans have any hope that Amar'e will be able to sustain production, even if its not at that level, through the playoffs? Personally I am hedging my bets.

BUT if he is, that is a real boon to the Knicks' chances moving forward. At times this year and last year, he has looked nigh indefensible in the low post. If he can get to a comfort level where he can receive, handle, and pass (hasn't shown this yet) the ball in the low post, our 2nd unit can be just as deadly as our first. Hardaway, Smith, Murry, Prigioni, Udrih, Anthony, and Bargnani can all hit the 3 point shot. That's the Knicks that won 54 games.

Anyone got a gif of Hawes cursing the refs out? Hilariously butthurt.

Bandito
01-13-2014, 11:49 AM
I hope he can keep it up. He is a beast when he's on and the Knicks will need him to be as healthy as possible for a run at the playoffs. Or a possible trade for anything...

Amar'e_Juwanna
01-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Or a possible trade for anything...

not happening.

Legends66NBA7
01-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Glad he can show flashes of his old self, but this Knicks team isn't even going to approach the 54 win team of last season. Their on a roll, but I don't see it lasting very long... yet people think they are going to win the division.

Amar'e_Juwanna
01-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Their on a role

Ouch. Stop making my grammar hurt.

Weak division. All it takes is a toronto slump, 6-7 games in a row, and a Knicks streak.

Blue&Orange
01-13-2014, 11:56 AM
yet people think they are going to win the division.
because it's obvious it's going to happen?:confusedshrug:

Legends66NBA7
01-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Ouch. Stop making my grammar hurt.

:ohwell:

Weak division. All it takes is a toronto slump, 6-7 games in a row, and a Knicks streak.

You realize that Toronto has the easiest schedule in the East for the remainder of the season ? When exactly are they going to slump ?

And holy shit, just checked that New York begins a 8 game home stand after they play the Pacers this Thursday. I guess that will work in their favour, so good luck with that.

because it's obvious it's going to happen?:confusedshrug:

At least try to support that opinion with some substance.

Amar'e_Juwanna
01-13-2014, 12:08 PM
You realize that Toronto has the easiest schedule in the East for the remainder of the season ? When exactly are they going to slump ?

DeRozan gets injured, out for 4-5 weeks? I dunno?

Dirty.Harry1
01-13-2014, 12:09 PM
He has always been a nightmare for the opposing teams defense he just needed to get healthy.

Legends66NBA7
01-13-2014, 12:13 PM

DeRozan has missed 8 games in his entire career. Not the type to get injured that easily.

What most haven't really talked about with the Raptors (besides not being well know by most casuals and the other team fans), is that they've actually been very healthy this year. Even with Rudy Gay still on the team, no Raptor starter has missed a game, which is quiet remarkable.

But the most likely to get injured is Kyle Lowry due to his style of play and history. Considering most Raptor fans (fans in general) would agree that he's our best player, I think your wish would come true and the Raptors slump. Especially with Greivis Vasquez under performing in his new role.

Injury scenario aside, I just can't see the Raptors slumping for long.

ImKobe
01-13-2014, 12:16 PM
worst season of his career, tbh. he looked great before injury last year, gone from a 25 ppg 8 rpg starter to 9 ppg 4 rpg guy off the bench in a span of 2-3 years, he was one of my favorite players in the league. really miss this dude. hurts to see him like this

ImKobe
01-13-2014, 12:18 PM
DeRozan has missed 8 games in his entire career. Not the type to get injured that easily.

What most haven't really talked about with the Raptors (besides not being well know by most casuals and the other team fans), is that they've actually been very healthy this year. Even with Rudy Gay still on the team, no Raptor starter has missed a game, which is quiet remarkable.

But the most likely to get injured is Kyle Lowry due to his style of play and history. Considering most Raptor fans (fans in general) would agree that he's our best player, I think your wish would come true and the Raptors slump. Especially with Greivis Vasquez under performing in his new role.

Injury scenario aside, I just can't see the Raptors slumping for long.

Wow. Can't believe people are predicting injury on someone...especially a young stud like DeRozan. Raptors have been great this season and I hope they keep it up for the sake of their fans

Amar'e_Juwanna
01-13-2014, 12:20 PM
Wow. Can't believe people are predicting injury on someone...especially a young stud like DeRozan. Raptors have been great this season and I hope they keep it up for the sake of their fans

I wasn't predicting his injury. I like his game!! I was just giving an example of something that might lead to a 6 or 7 game Raptor losing streak. Geez!

Legends66NBA7
01-13-2014, 12:23 PM

Well, off course I don't want Kyle to get injured. I don't want any player to get injured, period. But taken his history and style, he's the most likely among the Raptor starters.

ImKobe
01-13-2014, 12:31 PM
I wasn't predicting his injury. I like his game!! I was just giving an example of something that might lead to a 6 or 7 game Raptor losing streak. Geez!

I just don't want to see any more good players get injured this season...it's still the first half of the season and we've lost so many guys...Don't jinx it lol

Blue&Orange
01-13-2014, 12:58 PM
At least try to support that opinion with some substance.
Did the Raptors had injuries to their best players, had they been playing well, well, well below they potential? No, no and no.

Knicks 4 of 5 starting five had injuries and the other (shumpert) was completely atrocious, and yet Knicks are 4 games behind raptors, while playing like crap.

lol do people really think last season was a fluke? That almost sweeping texas and beating Heat, once again, it's a fluke and Knicks not getting their act together? Good luck it that and feel free to bump this thread when the season is over.

Enough Substance?

Still more worried about the Nets right now.

Legends66NBA7
01-13-2014, 02:18 PM
Did the Raptors had injuries to their best players, had they been playing well, well, well below they potential? No, no and no.

Again, the only likely key player for the Raptors to get injured is Kyle Lowry and I've already explained why. Maybe Jonas and that hand injury he's had in the past. Other than that, the rest of the team are tough as nails.

Knicks 4 of 5 starting five had injuries and the other (shumpert) was completely atrocious, and yet Knicks are 4 games behind raptors, while playing like crap.

And the Raptors were playing like crap with Gay on the team and a short handed roster a good 20 games into season. We didn't have the bench depth we do now either. We got 4 power forwards/centers that pretty much play the same way now.

lol do people really think last season was a fluke? That almost sweeping texas and beating Heat, once again, it's a fluke and Knicks not getting their act together? Good luck it that and feel free to bump this thread when the season is over.

Different scenarios.

brooklynsfinest
01-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Raptors suck, Knicks suck, Nets will pass them easily.
http://www.concordmonitor.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls%3FSTREAMOID%3DY 1l2FBtr562_tW841E%24%24Sc%24daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYvoh NVSR5LgLP9Z8raNpuUcWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdV eZmXF%249l%244uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo 3h8xh70Y6N_U_CryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-%26CONTENTTYPE%3Dimage/jpeg
U don't got him...

Amar'e_Juwanna
01-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Different scenarios.

"At least try to support your opinion with some substance."

Amar'e_Juwanna
01-13-2014, 02:33 PM

Brilliant.

Legends66NBA7
01-13-2014, 02:36 PM
"At least try to support your opinion with some substance."

Veteran team (2012-13) vs Dysfunctional team (2013-14)

Especially if we include the supporting cast Anthony had around him. JR Smith's play is a huge difference, from sixth man to career low's in shooting %'s. I think it's smart that New York benched for being a dumbass for this long.

Chandler being hurt for a while didn't help and I honestly don't see him impacting the Knicks like he did last season either. Felton is also injured a lot and his numbers are down. To me, it's amazing Bargnani hasn't gotten hurt either all year, but he's so inconsistent along with the majority of the supporting cast.

And for whatever reasoning... Knick fans want Woodson's head. Even if you replace him, who do they bring in ? Would it really change the W/L section that much ?

Legends66NBA7
01-13-2014, 02:38 PM
http://www.concordmonitor.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls%3FSTREAMOID%3DY 1l2FBtr562_tW841E%24%24Sc%24daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYvoh NVSR5LgLP9Z8raNpuUcWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdV eZmXF%249l%244uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo 3h8xh70Y6N_U_CryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-%26CONTENTTYPE%3Dimage/jpeg
U don't got him...

Raptors are the only one over .500 in a shit division. Nets could have helped their causes last Saturday, but didn't. Only going to get easier till the end of the season.

And I'd rather have Patrick Patterson than Garnett right now.

niko
01-13-2014, 02:41 PM

Especially if we include the supporting cast Anthony had around him. JR Smith's play is a huge difference, from sixth man to career low's in shooting %'s. I think it's smart that New York benched for being a dumbass for this long.

Chandler being hurt for a while didn't help and I honestly don't see him impacting the Knicks like he did last season either. Felton is also injured a lot and his numbers are down. To me, it's amazing Bargnani hasn't gotten hurt either all year, but he's so inconsistent along with the majority of the supporting cast.

And for whatever reasoning... Knick fans want Woodson's head. Even if you replace him, who do they bring in ? Would it really change the W/L section that much ?
Bargs is just fine. How is he inconsistent? He's been a great spot starter, and he's been good off the bench. He's also been a good defender. The difference is that we know what he is and what to expect, and the Raptors in their wisdom drafted him first and expected the world.

I'm not thinking the Knicks are going to fly by anyone in the standings but if you think this is a fluke you're mistaken. Everyone was hurt, you can't play well when everyone was hurt. We also had a bunch of fluke losses and momentum can be a bitch. The team that doesn't scare me is the Nets, because ultimately i don't think Deron's news on his injury will be good, and they are going to break Livingston, Pierce, AK down with all the minutes they are giving them. Kidd is coaching now to protect his job, minutes don't matter, and that will catch up and quick.

Amar'e_Juwanna
01-13-2014, 02:48 PM

Take JR. You have to assume that he will regress to the mean, ie play better. Chandler: missed many games, but not really with things that will limit him upon return. He gets the flu a lot?? Felton's numbers have been down but since he's come back he has been better. Again, regression to the mean. Players having their worst careers so far is to me, a function of injury as well as the Knicks dysfunction so far this year.

Winning cures the latter of those ailments. We are dealing with a 500 team that had a 9 game losing streak at the beginning of the season. When healthy, this team has the ability to inflict incredible offensive damage.

As for the "veteran" status of last years team (cant help but chuckle thinking about how everyone predicted Boston to win the division screaming "KNICKS ARE OLD KNICKS ARE OLD"), by the end of the year those players weren't really contributing. We traded regular-season success for postseason depth. Speaking of Woodson, he was to blame for that IMO. Overplaying Kidd while Felton was out, burning up Sheed, Amar'e when he returned, and Thomas, all during the regular season, contributed to our 54-win status. (kinda like he's doing to Kmart right now) But he ****ed it all up in the playoffs by underplaying Camby, Copeland, and Prigioni. Thats where my personal beef with Woodson started.

Again, I think last year's team overperformed in the regular season due to the overuse of key players and the pressures of New York ownership, fanship, and media. I also think this year's team has GREATLY underperformed so far due to similar reasons - and you wonder why LeBron didn't want to come here...

This team is a lot closer to last year's except that Bargnani can stretch the floor as a 4, the 2nd unit can get transition buckets with Smith, Hardaway, and Murry, and Melo is rebounding like a beast. These past 6 games (JR's blowing the houston game for us notwithstanding) were what I expected the Knicks to look like this year. Not a fluke.

Thibodeau is interesting.

Legends66NBA7
01-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Bargs is just fine. How is he inconsistent? He's been a great spot starter, and he's been good off the bench. He's also been a good defender. The difference is that we know what he is and what to expect, and the Raptors in their wisdom drafted him first and expected the world.

There's nothing consistent about guy going 14/5/1 on 44/29... Granted bringing him on and off the bench doesn't help. He can still make a lot of head scratching plays on defense, but it's better than been since a few years back when he was regularly playing closer to the basket.

The Raptors drafted him for his upside, so it was high-rish/high-reward pick. Didn't pan out; I wanted Aldridge, he had more polish and had a relationship with Chris Bosh before too.

I'm not thinking the Knicks are going to fly by anyone in the standings but if you think this is a fluke you're mistaken. Everyone was hurt, you can't play well when everyone was hurt. We also had a bunch of fluke losses and momentum can be a bitch. The team that doesn't scare me is the Nets, because ultimately i don't think Deron's news on his injury will be good, and they are going to break Livingston, Pierce, AK down with all the minutes they are giving them. Kidd is coaching now to protect his job, minutes don't matter, and that will catch up and quick.

No, I never said they were a fluke. That's something Blue&Orange brought up about... whatever posters saying the Knicks were a fluke.

But I know for sure that the Raptors aren't a joke and from what I've been reading in threads, aren't getting respected for the position they are in. I guess it's understandable for a team that hasn't been good for the last 5 years and not many notable names.

Again, everything comes easier for them now, along with the Nets and Knicks. Around March, and if needed April, we should have a winner of the division.

Amar'e_Juwanna
01-13-2014, 04:59 PM
no love for my tl;dr response?

no pun intended
01-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Resurgent if placed in the right system.

Put Amar'e with the Lakers right now, and he averages 20PPG+ again

Amar'e_Juwanna
01-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Resurgent if placed in the right system.

Put Amar'e with the Lakers right now, and he averages 20PPG+ again
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lhyt2m8

SexSymbol
01-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Probably would improve their chances of winning, V would get much more touches, that's only beneficial, he can be the next big thing, he's just in a bad spot

Legends66NBA7
01-13-2014, 05:14 PM
no love for my tl;dr response?

My bad dude, I missed it.

I agree with most of your post, though.

no pun intended
01-13-2014, 05:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lhyt2m8
no thanks. we can get more value from pau's expiring contract than amar'e. high risk, high reward though. i would go for him only as a last resort

Amar'e_Juwanna
01-13-2014, 05:30 PM
no thanks. we can get more value from pau's expiring contract than amar'e. high risk, high reward though. i would go for him only as a last resort
Let's say you end up trading pau for a young asset, some picks, and an exception. You wouldn't trade for Amar'e next year for some picks? assuming he breaks out and has a comebcak season.

Boarder Patrol
01-13-2014, 05:44 PM
If he's healthy, Amare will have a whole summer to do more rehab and get back to his old self :applause:

Gonna average 15 and 7 in his contract year.

Milbuck
01-13-2014, 05:48 PM
If he's healthy, Amare will have a whole summer to do more rehab and get back to his old self :applause:

He's never gonna get back to his old self.. He was a beast, we'll never see that from him again. I think he could be good though.

Amar'e_Juwanna
01-13-2014, 05:53 PM

nice expiring, maybe Knicks get a pick back.

ihatetimthomas
01-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Borrowed time. He is never going to be able to play extended games at a high level ever again. His body will just not allow it. You just have to ride the wave and reap the benefits when he is playing and playing well. He is going to have flashes bc he def. has skill but I do not think it can be sustained.

iDunk
01-13-2014, 06:02 PM
I pray every day that this man stays healthy. He deserves it, arguably one of the hardest workers in the league.

iDunk
01-13-2014, 06:02 PM
U don't got him...
Amare >>>>> Garnett this season x 93289328942894

brooklynsfinest
01-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Amare >>>>> Garnett this season x 93289328942894

Never had title, never win title, never never never. Nets going to win title this year. That makes twice as many titles than Amare. Amare is a shitstain on Garnett's register. People here don't know shit.

Amar'e_Juwanna
01-13-2014, 06:57 PM
Never had title, never win title, never never never. Nets going to win title this year. That makes twice as many titles than Amare. Amare is a shitstain on Garnett's register. People here don't know shit.
can you read? he said this year.

niko
01-13-2014, 07:12 PM
can you read? he said this year.
Ignore the January babies, they have something wrong with them.

Combat Wombat
01-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Not with those knees and it's a damn shame. He was a great to watch when he was in Phoenix and healthy in New York. You'll see glimpses of the old Amare but that's all you're going to see