PDA

View Full Version : Report: Andrew Bynum wants more than the minimum, market waning

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 01:04 PM
http://www.balldontstop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Bynum.jpg

ESPN reports that the market for Andrew Bynum has been waning since the former Cav was traded to Chicago and the waived. In part, the problems include the fact that Bynum wants more than the minimum for his services.

Sources told ESPN.com on Sunday that the Los Angeles Clippers, long presumed to be one of Bynum's primary suitors, are leaning against the prospect of signing the enigmatic former Los Angeles Laker.

ESPN.com reported Thursday that the Brooklyn Nets (after losing Brook Lopez) and Atlanta Hawks (after losing Al Horford) were likewise planning to pass on the idea despite their clear need at center, with sources subsequently adding that the Oklahoma City Thunder are not preparing a bid on Bynum in the wake of the recent trade that shed the contract of Ryan Gomes to take the Thunder nearly $2.3 million away from the luxury-tax threshold.

Teams with a known interest, sources said, include Dallas and New York, but both of those suitors, like the Clippers, are restricted to offering a minimum salary. Bynum, meanwhile, is said to be looking for an offer above the league minimum to recoup more of the $6 million he lost when Chicago waived Bynum immediately Tuesday after acquiring him in a trade for Luol Deng.

via Race to sign Andrew Bynum starts slow - Marc Stein Blog - ESPN.

You have to admire the moxy of Bynum. He misses an entire year in Philadelphia, who had built their entire team around him, missing a season in part due to an injury suffered while bowling. Then is suspended for conduct detrimental after only being able to play limited minutes because of his knee, then traded and waived... and now wants more money.

Amazing.

Will a team talk themselves into Bynum just as Philadelphia and Cleveland did? Will Bynum try harder than he did in Cleveland, Washington, or LA? Is there any reason to give him more than the minimum? It's hard to believe but stranger things have happened.

Meanwhile, the report also says Miamis the frontrunner for his services. If they can make Michael Beasley into a productive member of basketball society, they can do anything. But is there room on the roster for Greg Oden and Andrew Bynum?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24408045/report-andrew-bynum-wants-more-than-the-minimum-market-waning

RightToCensor
01-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Bwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa

Lebron23
01-13-2014, 01:08 PM
I also heard that the Pacers express some interest in signing Andrew Bynum.

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumors-pacers-express-interest-in-signing-andrew-bynum/2014/01/12/

KendrickPerkins
01-13-2014, 01:10 PM
What a piece of shit.

jzek
01-13-2014, 01:13 PM
So explain to me why Miami can't pay him more than the minimum? What's 10 million more to a billionaire if it means another championship? :confusedshrug:

jbryan1984
01-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Damn, the author needs to go back to journalism school. Bynum is a joke. He screwed Philadelphia and God know's why he signed with us if he didn't want to play with us but I really think he is standing on thin ice with no room for leverage. He is going to get himself black balled from the league if he keeps this up. Its a shame cause he could be a top 3 center in the league.

Rose'sACL
01-13-2014, 01:19 PM
So explain to me why Miami can't pay him more than the minimum? What's 10 million more to a billionaire if it means another championship? :confusedshrug:
wtf? why do you watch the nba when you don't understand a simple thing like that? any real NBA fan knows the answer to this.

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-13-2014, 01:33 PM
Washington, Philadelphia, what's the difference..

East_Stone_Ya
01-13-2014, 01:37 PM
he may want but i doubt there is a team that is willing to pay more than minimum now

Milbuck
01-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Hopefully my Bucks can snag him for a little below the minimum

Le Shaqtus
01-13-2014, 01:40 PM
Good luck asshole.

TMT
01-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Indy should be trying to snag him just so Miami can't.

kaiteng
01-13-2014, 01:42 PM
Either Euroleague or bowling for ya.

navy
01-13-2014, 01:46 PM

If he wants more than the minimum, Miami wont bother.

rezznor
01-13-2014, 01:49 PM
this guy is absolute trash and yet there's more dwight haters on this board then bynum haters.

gts
01-13-2014, 01:49 PM
If he wants more than the minimum, Miami wont bother.If he want's more than the minimum Miami can't even think about signing him

TMT
01-13-2014, 01:57 PM
If he wants more than the minimum, Miami wont bother.

But if he can't get more than the minimum, he's going to go to the team that can guarantee him another ring. He would start with Miami on their playoff run, not necessarily the case in Indiana.

wang4three
01-13-2014, 02:04 PM
I assume the Pacers only want him to prevent Miami from getting him. They need to pass on him though, the Pacers have great chemistry--shit will only get ruined if they added a guy like Bynum. Let him go ruin another team's locker room.

chips93
01-13-2014, 02:24 PM

miami is over the salary cap

But if he can't get more than the minimum, he's going to go to the team that can guarantee him another ring. He would start with Miami on their playoff run, not necessarily the case in Indiana.

i doubt it. dude is slow as a molasses now, there isnt a team he fits worse on in the league than miami. he just isnt fast enough to fit their defensive philosophy. and hes not talented enough for it to be worth bending over backwards to accommodate him

niko
01-13-2014, 02:24 PM
Knicks sources say "he's not even considering minimum."

NattyPButter
01-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Bynum is healthy and can still play and still play good. He wasn't used correctly on the Cavs with the ball hogging gaurds. He did have some games where he did horrible but so has a lot of players in the league. He was also just getting himself back into basketball shape. The only thing I would be worried about is his attitude. He is worth more then the min and is still better then most of the centers in the league if givin a chance.

edrick
01-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Where the **** does this guy get his ego? He has done jack shit, he should be kissing ass to even get the minimum.

All Net
01-13-2014, 02:48 PM
Not smart on his part.

navy
01-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Not smart on his part.
It is smart. Big Men get overpaid and he's basically been getting paid to do nothing for a few years now.

Ratnik
01-13-2014, 02:53 PM
Bynum to Euroleague. Book it

Ed Wachter
01-13-2014, 02:55 PM
Tarzan Coooper got uppity just like this, demanding a pay raise to $12 a week.

niko
01-13-2014, 03:06 PM
Tarzan Coooper got uppity just like this, demanding a pay raise to $12 a week.
Your gimmick is stupid and unfunny. You spent time on this?

Ed Wachter
01-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Your gimmick is stupid and unfunny. You spent time on this?

What are you trying to say?

gyu
01-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Bynum is healthy and can still play and still play good. He wasn't used correctly on the Cavs with the ball hogging gaurds. He did have some games where he did horrible but so has a lot of players in the league. He was also just getting himself back into basketball shape. The only thing I would be worried about is his attitude. He is worth more then the min and is still better then most of the centers in the league if givin a chance.
He's a scrub now. Can only play 20 minutes a game and his numbers are terrible. 41.9% fg for a center who apparently has the best post moves/footwork in the league?

2LeTTeRS
01-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Not smart on his part.

I don't understand why this is even a story -- AndrewBynum is a 26 year old who knows this may be his last payday in his chosen profession; of course he's looking for the biggest payday.

magic chiongson
01-13-2014, 03:48 PM
Either Euroleague or bowling for ya.

anthony parker's goat status will be in peril

NattyPButter
01-13-2014, 04:00 PM
He's a scrub now. Can only play 20 minutes a game and his numbers are terrible. 41.9% fg for a center who apparently has the best post moves/footwork in the league?

He started playing 30mins. He was on a mins restriction since he was coming off that injury. A lot of guys struggle when they haven't played in a while. If you actually watched Bynum play this year you would of saw that a few of his games he was on pace for 20+ pts and 10+ rebounds before getting pulled because he was on a restriction. When it was time for him to get off the court he didn't even went to come off.

SexSymbol
01-13-2014, 04:31 PM
This is actually a hidden message to the league by Bynum, or more of game.
A game of "who is the most dumbest between GMs"
Cavs obviously have an idiot GM, now the other best will have his moment of glory

PAOK
01-13-2014, 04:52 PM
i actually think that he can get a big paycheck in Russia or Turkey.

However contracts in europe aren't exactly "guaranteed", so if he starts acting up they'll probably ship him back to the states

Darius
01-13-2014, 05:33 PM
I don't understand why this is even a story -- AndrewBynum is a 26 year old who knows this may be his last payday in his chosen profession; of course he's looking for the biggest payday.

If he had belief in his game he'd be looking for a place where he could showcase himself to get a bigger payday next year.

As a big mark against him is he has bad character etc etc it would make sense to show he can be a part of a winning environment.

If he thinks he will be done after this year then, yeah, I guess it would be smart to take the money and run.

ihatetimthomas
01-13-2014, 05:52 PM
I dont understand why he is a "asshole" or its "not smart" like people are saying here. Why in the world would he settle for the min if he possibly can get more? How many contracts do you think Bynum has left in his career? He is actually playing it smart. He understands that his window to make $$ playing ball is very short. So he is going to try to maximize his earnings. Its not like his value is at a all time low. He was putting up some decent games as a cav and I do think someone will offer more than the min. No one in their respective fields would settle for less $ than they can get.

Bynum already has 2 chips, so its not like he is in dire distress over getting another. I do not blame him for going with the money. NBA players go through a ton of criticism bc they can never do right in spectators eyes. If he settles for min and goes to Miami, he is labeled as "ring chasing." If he comes out and says he is going to try to get as much money as possible he is then labeled as "selfish."

BrownEye007
01-13-2014, 05:57 PM
this guy is absolute trash and yet there's more dwight haters on this board then bynum haters.

They're two of the most immature players in the league, but Bynum started causing problems after he left the Lakers. Dwight Started causing problems when he got to the Lakers which got him hated on by the media more than Drew.

ihatetimthomas
01-13-2014, 06:01 PM
They're two of the most immature players in the league, but Bynum started causing problems after he left the Lakers. Dwight Started causing problems when he got to the Lakers which got him hated on by the media more than Drew.

You can kind of see it coming with Andrew. He never really showed that much passion. He also was not all that receptive to Kareems tutelage. At that point, I kind of started to see him in as not a guy totally committed.

Dwights problems started 2 years before he even came to LA. It started with that whole Orlando fiasco when he couldn't decide what he wanted to do and left the team in limbo for 2 years.

tragicbronson
01-13-2014, 06:01 PM

Dwight is just so annoying, trying so hard to be the cool guy everybody loves etc, like griffing is doing, we could form a team just build on guys who wants to be loved and highligt their coolness. We have big guys, Howard selfproclaimed superman with those so fcking ugly hate these things hipster glasses, griffin i can dunk, handle the ball after whistle is blown but my arms are so short that i can barely reach my balls.

Milbuck
01-13-2014, 06:05 PM
I dont understand why he is a "asshole" or its "not smart" like people are saying here. Why in the world would he settle for the min if he possibly can get more? How many contracts do you think Bynum has left in his career? He is actually playing it smart. He understands that his window to make $$ playing ball is very short. So he is going to try to maximize his earnings. Its not like his value is at a all time low. He was putting up some decent games as a cav and I do think someone will offer more than the min. No one in their respective fields would settle for less $ than they can get.

Bynum already has 2 chips, so its not like he is in dire distress over getting another. I do not blame him for going with the money. NBA players go through a ton of criticism bc they can never do right in spectators eyes. If he settles for min and goes to Miami, he is labeled as "ring chasing." If he comes out and says he is going to try to get as much money as possible he is then labeled as "selfish."

How is he an asshole?
Maybe because he's already ****ed over two teams in the past two seasons and earned way more money than he deserved - and not even in the bad contract type of way..he over earned in the most obnoxious, lazy, loser way. He was blatantly called out for not giving a crap during his "comeback" with the sixers. So what does he do next? He goes to Cleveland and gets a nice sum of money to go slip the hot beef injection into a coach's wife/girlfriend. There really is no reason to defend the guy. Yeah he's just looking out for himself, I would try to get money too if I was in his situation. Doesn't change the fact that he's a lazy POS.

ispin69
01-13-2014, 07:00 PM
If he was about the money, he should have not done stupid things and he would have gotten his 6mil, 12mil total from the Cavs. Instead, he shoots himself in the foot creating all this drama and thinks he would get more money? Then he wants to go to a team that is a contender. Then he wants more minutes but is in pain. It's like he's retarded or the most spoil brat player ever with no logic by doing everything to lower his value while wanting more money.

All the more reason Miami doesn't want to pay this guy more than min even though I've heard reports they have a mini mid level for 2mil. All the more reason they didn't waive Roger Mason Jr on a whim before the Jan deadline for guaranteed contracts because they need to do their homework on this nutjob and get his word that if he wants to come here. He'll need take his small humble pie and have a structured, planned schedule everyday with the notice that if he messes up even slightly they will cut him instantly. He's thus far a big scam artist. It's possible if Miami passes on him, the whole league will too. He'd rather retire than work for vet min..that shows everything you need to know about him.

Black and White
01-13-2014, 07:04 PM
Go to Euroleague you bum, you will be a god there, like the Shaq of Euroleague.

ihatetimthomas
01-13-2014, 07:10 PM
How is he an asshole?
Maybe because he's already ****ed over two teams in the past two seasons and earned way more money than he deserved - and not even in the bad contract type of way..he over earned in the most obnoxious, lazy, loser way. He was blatantly called out for not giving a crap during his "comeback" with the sixers. So what does he do next? He goes to Cleveland and gets a nice sum of money to go slip the hot beef injection into a coach's wife/girlfriend. There really is no reason to defend the guy. Yeah he's just looking out for himself, I would try to get money too if I was in his situation. Doesn't change the fact that he's a lazy POS.

What I am talking about is people calling him a asshole bc he wants more money in this thread. This thread is not about his past, its about the present and the deal he is looking for. People in this thread are calling him a ass hole for wanting more money on this particular deal. Which I do not think is warranted at all. Im not trying to say he is a unselfish person or hard working at all. Im talking about this deal.

Marcus Thornton
01-13-2014, 07:14 PM
Keep gettin' those checks Drew!

Embers
01-13-2014, 07:19 PM
If Bynum doesnt have the mentality to last in Cleveland he has no chance in a non English speaking country like Turkey, Russia or China. The culture shock would have him on the next plane back

IMO Atlanta Hawks is the obvious matchup. They still have 4 mill in space to use

Give him a 18 month deal at about 3 mill.

gts
01-13-2014, 07:28 PM

Bynum already has 2 chips, so its not like he is in dire distress over getting another. I do not blame him for going with the money. NBA players go through a ton of criticism bc they can never do right in spectators eyes. If he settles for min and goes to Miami, he is labeled as "ring chasing." If he comes out and says he is going to try to get as much money as possible he is then labeled as "selfish."I know what you're saying but he had the payday in his hands in Cleveland, They were already to pony up pretty big cash for a guy who sat out all last season all he had to do was perform and act like a professional and he blew on and off the court.... I don't see where he's in an position to be making demands at this point

no pun intended
01-13-2014, 07:30 PM
am i the only one whos trivially bothered by op's pic of bynum wearing 17?

MP.Trey
01-13-2014, 07:35 PM
am i the only one whos trivially bothered by op's pic of bynum wearing 17?
lol Andy wouldn't have that shit. :no:

Derka
01-13-2014, 07:39 PM
Some of you have been around this board for years and STILL don't understand how the NBA salary cap works.

Amazing.

Marcus Thornton
01-13-2014, 07:41 PM
If Bynum doesnt have the mentality to last in Cleveland he has no chance in a non English speaking country like Turkey, Russia or China. The culture shock would have him on the next plane back

IMO Atlanta Hawks is the obvious matchup. They still have 4 mill in space to use

Give him a 18 month deal at about 3 mill.
:biggums:

Embers
01-13-2014, 07:43 PM
:biggums:

Non-guaranteed of course.

Joe Anderson
01-13-2014, 07:50 PM
He won't go to Indy. Bynum has said he wants to go to a team that will give him playing time, and the Pacers would never put him in their rotation, barring a major injury to Hibbert that is. Bynum is a lazy defender and would mess up the entire defensive dynamic of the team.

TMT
01-13-2014, 08:48 PM
He won't go to Indy. Bynum has said he wants to go to a team that will give him playing time, and the Pacers would never put him in their rotation, barring a major injury to Hibbert that is. Bynum is a lazy defender and would mess up the entire defensive dynamic of the team.

Apparently the Heat aren't interested since they already have Oden on the mend, so now Indy definitely won't be touching Bynum with a 10 foot pole. :lol

But I'm really curious as to where this kid is going to end up. Any news on this front, guys? Tweets, new articles?

Titan18
01-13-2014, 09:17 PM
He needs to prove he is worth more than minimum first. I hope
No one signs him. But some team will give him 6-8 a year with incentives

Fiasco
01-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Make him sign a series of 10-day contracts.

chips93
01-13-2014, 09:53 PM
Non-guaranteed of course.

thats not how the salary cap works

Draz
01-13-2014, 10:35 PM
Send this fool to the d league

irondarts
01-13-2014, 10:41 PM
At this point, it's pretty obvious that this guy just doesn't like playing basketball very much and just isn't interested in playing it unless he makes a lot of money.

Why would he take the minimum to play a game he doesn't love? I'm sure he'll play for a lot of money, but I don't think at team is willing to pay him more than the minimum at this point.

Milbuck
01-13-2014, 10:42 PM
Hope he goes to the Spurs. Just anywhere in the West really, don't want Indy or Miami to get stronger before we meet up in the conference finals

AintNoSunshine
01-14-2014, 01:19 AM
I think if he ends up on the Pacers the Heat is fukked.

Milbuck
01-14-2014, 01:21 AM
I think if he ends up on the Pacers the Heat is fukked.

He's not getting PT on the Pacers, and I think he said he wants a decent amount. He should go to the Bucks, be our seventh man

El Gato Negro
01-14-2014, 01:33 AM
Bynum going to milk the nba for every last cent he can get lol.

JohnFreeman
01-14-2014, 01:36 AM
Bynum to Euroleague. Book it

Bynum will average 50 pts and 60 rebounds

tragicbronson
01-14-2014, 02:36 AM

Just like Jannings, Lawson and other NBA stars?

Combat Wombat
01-14-2014, 02:38 AM

:roll: