PDA

View Full Version : Cavs may hold off on contract talks with Luol Deng in hopes of pursuing LeBron James

Rose'sACL
01-13-2014, 03:20 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/13/report-cavs-may-hold-off-on-contract-talks-with-luol-deng-in-hopes-of-pursuing-lebron-james/

Marlo_Stanfield
01-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Dan Gilbert 2010: "Cavs will win a Championship before LeBron"
:roll: :roll: :roll: :coleman:

Smook A.
01-13-2014, 03:22 PM
LeBron won't be coming to Cleveland

PJR
01-13-2014, 03:23 PM
I'm sure LeBron is chomping at the bit to play with Anthony Bennett N them boys. :oldlol:

navy
01-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Nobody is going back to Cleveland.

Uncle Drew
01-13-2014, 03:29 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255389

It's happening

Rose'sACL
01-13-2014, 03:37 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255389

It's happening
great find. where is cavsftw? give him a call.

MP.Trey
01-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Nobody is going back to Cleveland.
Except Mike Brown. :oldlol: :facepalm

#number6ix#
01-13-2014, 03:40 PM
I doubt that's he's coming back

Milbuck
01-13-2014, 03:42 PM
It all really depends on if the Bucks want Lebron. I think if Milwaukee goes for it, Cleveland better sign Deng a big fat contract

NattyPButter
01-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Thank god...I want to see the team when a championship in my lifetime.

Milbuck
01-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Thank god...I want to see the team when a championship in my lifetime.

I could see the Cavs making the finals if they were in the west, but the east is gonna be next to impossible with Milwaukee there

Here's to a bucks-cavs finals matchup! :cheers:

Prometheus
01-13-2014, 03:46 PM
no one wants to go to Cleveland. no one.

Uncle Drew
01-13-2014, 03:48 PM
no one wants to go to Cleveland. no one.
That's why LeBron still has a house in Ohio where he lives every offseason. :hammerhead:

FrobeShaw
01-13-2014, 03:50 PM
That's why LeBron still has a house in Ohio where he lives every offseason. :hammerhead:

He's desperately trying to sell it but no one is buying.

Rose'sACL
01-13-2014, 03:51 PM
doesn't he live in akron?

PJR

He has a house in Akron, because it's his hometown. That doesn't mean he wants to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Milbuck

Yeah, it's not like he was born and raised in Ohio or anything. It's not like that's where all his childhood memories, old friends, family, etc are. He just likes being around depressing shit

Uncle Drew
01-13-2014, 03:53 PM
He's desperately trying to sell it but no one is buying.
http://www.ohio.com/news/local/lebron-james-will-build-again-on-his-bath-township-property-1.394959

Really?

tmacattack33
01-13-2014, 04:11 PM
Dan Gilbert 2010: "Cavs will win a Championship before LeBron"
:roll: :roll: :roll: :coleman:

:oldlol:

It's A VC3!!!
01-13-2014, 04:34 PM
Imagine Kyrie, LeBron and Deng. Damn. Just need a healthy defensive guru center to grab all the rebounds and defend the bigger teams and its a wrap.
Deng and Kyrie are often injured so health would be a concern.

russwest0
01-13-2014, 04:35 PM
This is LeBrons chance to prove if he is truly a King or just someone who rode Wade's coattails for 2 rings

Swedish Chef
01-13-2014, 04:36 PM
LeBrun is LeGune-a. Bork Bork Bork!

Milbuck
01-13-2014, 04:36 PM
Imagine Kyrie, LeBron and Deng. Damn. Just need a healthy defensive guru center to grab all the rebounds and defend the bigger teams and its a wrap.
Deng and Kyrie are often injured so health would be a concern.

Varejao

bagelred
01-13-2014, 04:38 PM
I'm going back to Cleveland, Cleveland, Cleveland
I'm going back to Cleveland.. hmm, I don't think so
I'm going back to Cleveland, Cleveland, Cleveland
I'm going back to Cleveland.. I don't think so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdizL4on-Rc

jbryan1984
01-13-2014, 04:40 PM
It really would not surprise me if he did come back. Supposedly, Gabrielle union said he misses our fan base. Probably cause we all kissed his ass but still.

MidRange
01-13-2014, 04:41 PM
I'd like to see LeBron in Cleveland again, but let's be real, he ain't goin back. :oldlol:

It's A VC3!!!
01-13-2014, 04:41 PM
Varejao
You forgot to bold the word before that bolded statement.... (HEALTHY)....
And Andy is not a guru. He's good but a guru would be Noah. Andy can suffice though. He played with LeBron not too long ago and the chemistry would already be there. I wish the Nets made a play for LeBron but have absolutely no chance of doing so.

kamil
01-13-2014, 04:54 PM
I'd put some money on LeBron* staying in Miami.... i mean, keeping his talents in South Beach.

kamil
01-13-2014, 04:57 PM
Imagine Kyrie, LeBron and Deng.

Imagine Kobe, Dwight, Nash, Pau and Artest?

Oh wait a minute....

Hulk
01-13-2014, 04:59 PM
You think his mom and wife want to go back to Cleveland.

JUDGE WITNESS
01-13-2014, 05:04 PM
why would lebron interrupt the process of establishing a dynasty in miami to go back to the city full of desperate fans

Real Men Wear Green
01-13-2014, 05:15 PM
why would lebron interrupt the process of establishing a dynasty in miami to go back to the city full of desperate fans
Because Miami isn't set up to be a Dynasty beyond having James himself. The second-best player is going to hasve knee issues for the rest of his career. James might be great enough to continue winning anyway but in the next few seasons the talent he'd be surrounded by in Cleveland is going to be better than what they have in Miami.

Plus he's from Ohio.

JUDGE WITNESS
01-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Because Miami isn't set up to be a Dynasty beyond having James himself. The second-best player is going to hasve knee issues for the rest of his career. James might be great enough to continue winning anyway but in the next few seasons the talent he'd be surrounded by in Cleveland is going to be better than what they have in Miami.

Plus he's from Ohio.
i didn't see it that way you bring up a good point

Black and White
01-13-2014, 05:18 PM
I hope he goes back to Cleveland, it would be awesome.

Uncle Drew
01-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Another important thing that comes to mind is the new CBA. The days of superstar teams are over.

Rose'sACL
01-13-2014, 05:19 PM

Plus he's from Ohio.
it is about the front office too. anyone who knows basketball knows that Miami's front office is better right now and most stars don't want to go to Cleveland in their prime. of course wade can't sing 15+ million a year contract next season to make this happen. bosh will be better than wade in an year's time given that heat has to rest wade in a lot of game to keep him healthy for playoffs.

bosh also has to sign a 15 mil contract at most. 99% chances are that lebron stays in miami no matter what happens this season.

navy
01-13-2014, 05:22 PM

Plus he's from Ohio.
I heard that about the current Cleveland team and it has not been the case.

CavaliersFTW
01-13-2014, 05:25 PM
He would have a chance to win his first legitimate title if he did

Real Men Wear Green
01-13-2014, 05:26 PM
it is about the front office too. anyone who knows basketball knows that Miami's front office is better right now and most stars don't want to go to Cleveland in their prime. of course wade can't sing 15+ million a year contract next season to make this happen. bosh will be better than wade in an year's time given that heat has to rest wade in a lot of game to keep him healthy for playoffs.

bosh also has to sign a 15 mil contract at most. 99% chances are that lebron stays in miami no matter what happens this season.
I'd say Miami is the favorite but I wouldn't be so sure Wade takes the size of paycut they'd need him to to bring in star talent. If he declined his player option outright and left they still have 53 mil committed to James, Bosh, etc. And speaking of Bosh, why should he accept a pay cut? He's an All-Star, he's in his prime, and without him Miami would have no rings. If I'm Bosh I'm not doing that.

PJR
01-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Because Miami isn't set up to be a Dynasty beyond having James himself.

Plus he's from Ohio.

No shit. What team is set up to be a dynasty without their best player? :confusedshrug:

The second-best player is going to hasve knee issues for the rest of his career.

Luckily for the Heat, they still have another all star PF/C.

James might be great enough to continue winning anyway but in the next few seasons the talent he'd be surrounded by in Cleveland is going to be better than what they have in Miami.

You must be joking. You do realize the Cavs are 13-24? :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
01-13-2014, 05:31 PM
I heard that about the current Cleveland team and it has not been the case.
They have bad chemistry and Bennett is bustzilla but Waiters and Irving could definitely become a better duo than Bosh and Wade in the next few years. Not now, but looking into the future. They're much younger and very talented.

Real Men Wear Green
01-13-2014, 05:32 PM
No shit. What team is set up to be a dynasty without their best player? :confusedshrug:

Luckily for the Heat, they still have another all star PF/C.

You must be joking. You do realize the Cavs are 13-24? :oldlol:
What is so hard to understand? I am not talking about the Cavs right now, I'm talking about their future prospects.

It's A VC3!!!
01-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Imagine Kobe, Dwight, Nash, Pau and Artest?

Oh wait a minute....
You can't just take old, washed up, disinterested, broken down 40 years olds and throw them together and expect them to win.

One year later and Dwight is gone as is Artest. Pau will be gone and so will Nash.
So one year later and Kobe is the only player left on that starting unit.:oldlol: :facepalm

navy
01-13-2014, 05:33 PM
They have bad chemistry and Bennett is bustzilla but Waiters and Irving could definitely become a better duo than Bosh and Wade in the next few years. Not now, but looking into the future. They're much younger and very talented.

Lebron will be in win now mode though, I wouldnt bet on the Cavs for the current free angency. That team needs to get it together.

I think he takes the extra two years on his contract and then leaves. If Cleveland is good/decent by then they will have a chance.

MP.Trey
01-13-2014, 05:34 PM
You can't just take old, washed up, disinterested, broken down 40 years olds and throw them together and expect them to win.

One year later and Dwight is gone as is Artest. Pau will be gone and so will Nash.
So one year later and Kobe is the only player left on that starting unit.:oldlol: :facepalm

....What team are you a fan of again?

Uncle Drew
01-13-2014, 05:35 PM
:roll:

Real Men Wear Green
01-13-2014, 05:36 PM
Lebron will be in win now mode though, I wouldnt bet on the Cavs for the current free angency. That team needs to get it together.

I think he takes the extra two years on his contract and then leaves. If Cleveland is good/decent by then they will have a chance.
My feeling is that if Miami wins it all he stays. But if they get eliminated and Wade's health is a major factor he explores all options. He's not going to be able to establish a legacy on par with Jordan's if his best teammate can't be counted on to stay healthy.

It's A VC3!!!
01-13-2014, 05:36 PM
He would have a chance to win his first legitimate title if he did
How would that be his first legitimate title? He'd still be going to a team that would actually have a better big three (if healthy). A healthy Kyrie and Deng would be better than Wade and Bosh. You throw in Andy and Dion plus a shooter like Miles. Let's not pretend that LeBron would be going to a weaker situation.

It's A VC3!!!
01-13-2014, 05:37 PM
The players we got aren't the problem though. It's the players that we've had for several years now. Deron and Brook. Pierce and Garnett have been healthy. Garnett hasn't missed one game due to injury this season.

Boarder Patrol
01-13-2014, 05:39 PM

You don't say?

:biggums:

PJR
01-13-2014, 05:43 PM
What is so hard to understand? I am not talking about the Cavs right now, I'm talking about their future prospects.

Their future prospects isn't bright, though. The core of that team isn't that good now, and won't be in the next few years.

And I'd be willing to bet even in the event that Wade's game completely diminishes(it hasn't but IF it did), I'd bet LeBron would take his chances with Pat Riley who gets key veteran pieces for pennies on the dollar every off-season, and Erik Spoelstra , whom his game has evolved under over Chris Grant and Mike Brown.

Not to mention, Miami from a location standpoint, has inherit advantages in free agency. Guys like Battier, Allen sign for the mini-mid level in Miami. That wasn't happening for LeBron when he was in Cleveland. Smarten up.

EDIT: And some of you have not the slightest clue about the salary cap with some of the scenarios you're throwing out.

Real Men Wear Green
01-13-2014, 05:51 PM
Their future prospects isn't bright, though. The core of that team isn't that good now, and won't be in the next few years. Irving is a future All-Star and Waiters is a promising young talent. Tristan Thompson is almost averaging a double-double. All 3 are around 22. Plus they have a lottery pick coming this year in all likelihood.

Not to mention, Miami from a location standpoint, has inherit advantages in free agency. Guys like Battier, Allen sign for the mini-mid level in Miami. That wasn't happening for LeBron when he was in Cleveland. Smarten up.They signed because they wanted to win more rings and they knew their best chance was alongside LeBron James. Smarten up.

Crown&Coke
01-13-2014, 05:52 PM
two words; The Godfather

I don't think Riley will swing and miss on his own guy.

mattvNJ
01-13-2014, 05:55 PM
http://youtu.be/ysmLA5TqbIY

^ hillarious cleveland tourism video. No one wants to go there i feel bad for deng. Hopefully he doesnt loose his drive to play his ass of every night for that crap team.

DonDadda59
01-13-2014, 05:56 PM
LeBron should string Cleveland along, have another hour long prime time special and call it 'The Decision Part II: The Return'... only to announce at the end he's staying in Miami :lol

PJR
01-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Irving is a future All-Star and Waiters is a promising young talent. Tristan Thompson is almost averaging a double-double. All 3 are around 22. Plus they have a lottery pick coming this year in all likelihood.

That's nice. They're still 13-24. Cleveland has assembled lottery picks the last three years, and they still suck. It's probably because the players they have aren't that good outside of Irving.

They signed because they wanted to win more rings and they knew their best chance was alongside LeBron James. Smarten up.

Ray Allen had opportunity to play with LeBron in Cleveland in 2005 when they had a shit ton of cap space, why didn't he? Because it was Cleveland. If you don't think location doesn't come into play in free agency, you're dense.

Chris Bosh even touched based on this recently

If free agents would want to go to Cleveland," Bosh said. "No offense to Cleveland. It's a little bit easier to get guys to sacrifice and come (to Miami). That's the tough part. The organization here surrounded him with world-class talent...the best basketball players in the world, and they fit a role. You take that environment away, and you have Cleveland—guys aren't thinking about warm weather and winning, they're just thinking about winning. I don't know. It's tough to take a pay cut and be cold."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1866858-would-lebron-james-have-reached-this-level-as-a-cleveland-cavalier

Smarten up.

Rose'sACL
01-13-2014, 06:08 PM
LeBron should string Cleveland along, have another hour long prime time special and call it 'The Decision Part II: The Return'... only to announce at the end he's staying in Miami :lol
the first one was bad but this would be TV gold and probably the funniest thing to happen on tv.
bird would have done that but lebron doesn't have that type of confidence.

Real Men Wear Green
01-13-2014, 06:12 PM
That's nice. They're still 13-24. Cleveland has assembled lottery picks the last three years, and they still suck. It's probably because the players they have aren't that good outside of Irving.They're young, and young teams tend to lose. Everyone knows this. That doesn't mean the talent isn't there.

Ray Allen had opportunity to play with LeBron in Cleveland in 2005 when they had a shit ton of cap space, why didn't he? Because it was Cleveland. If you don't think location doesn't come into play in free agency, you're dense.The Cavs won 42 games in 2005. You think they compare to the Miami Heat?

Chris Bosh So James' teammate doesn't think he should leave? Wow, what a revelation.

Smarten up.Listening to you? Unlikely. I need a better source if I'm going to further my education.

PJR
01-13-2014, 06:17 PM
The Cavs won 42 games in 2005. You think they compare to the Miami Heat?

That enhances the point, genius

Cleveland isn't capable of putting together what Miami did.

So James' teammate doesn't think he should leave? Wow, what a revelation.

:facepalm

The quote had nothing to did with "James' teammate doesn't think he should leave". Don't be obtuse.

Real Men Wear Green
01-13-2014, 06:26 PM
That enhances the point, genius

Cleveland isn't capable of putting together what Miami did. No, it does not. We (or at least, "I"...not sure what you're talking about) are talking about why a free agent would join a certain team. Ring chasing Ray is going to give a strong look at the world champion. Prime Ray on the other hand is not going to be tempted by a team that barely went over .500. It's not like Seattle is/was a much nicer place to be.

The quote had nothing to did with "James' teammate doesn't think he should leave". Don't be obtuse.Your points continue to be worthless. If you quote someone like Bosh the obvious answer for me is to analyze why he might say that. Does Miami have nicer weather? Sure. Doesn't change the fact that Bosh doesn't want James anywhere other than where he is right now.

Doranku
01-13-2014, 06:29 PM
Pretty much any team, including the Cavs, has a brighter future than the Heat do with a broken down Wade, fossilized Ray Allen, and a $20mil/year RuPaul.

LeBron would be an idiot to stay in Miami. They have zero young talent and a myriad of guys on the cusp of a steady decline (Wade, Allen, Battier, Haslem, etc).

ProfessorMurder
01-13-2014, 06:32 PM
So smart to alienate your top flight player for a guy who'll never come back.

MP.Trey
01-13-2014, 06:33 PM
So smart to alienate your top flight player for a guy who'll never come back.
Kyrie's being alienated? :wtf:

navy
01-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Pretty much any team, including the Cavs, has a brighter future than the Heat do with a broken down Wade, fossilized Ray Allen, and a $20mil/year RuPaul.

LeBron would be an idiot to stay in Miami. They have zero young talent and a myriad of guys on the cusp of a steady decline (Wade, Allen, Battier, Haslem, etc).

Young talent rarely wins championships. Of course there comes a time when a championship caliber roster becomes to old, but I havent seen a reason for Lebron to go ring chasing in Cleveland if rings are his forte.

(e)
01-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Cavs are going to end up with no Bron and no Deng.

PJR
01-13-2014, 06:45 PM
No, it does not. We (or at least, "I"...not sure what you're talking about) are talking about why a free agent would join a certain team. Ring chasing Ray is going to give a strong look at the world champion. Prime Ray on the other hand is not going to be tempted by a team that barely went over .500. It's not like Seattle is/was a much nicer place to be.

LeBron James played in Cleveland for 7 years. He's been a marquee/superstar player for like 5 of those years.

Go ahead and list the most relevant free agents the Cavs signed during that time span. I dare you.

If you can't catch on to the point, I don't know what to tell you.

Your points continue to be worthless. If you quote someone like Bosh the obvious answer for me is to analyze why he might say that. Does Miami have nicer weather? Sure. Doesn't change the fact that Bosh doesn't want James anywhere other than where he is right now.

:facepalm

He said what said because he was ASKED if LeBron could've reached the level of play he has thus far(all things considered) if he had remained in Cleveland.

That was the question.

It wasn't a question about a potential return to Cleveland.

And Bosh, replied saying it was tough to say, and that you'd have to consider other factors, one being FREE AGENCY. And as he implied, it's tough to sell guys on Cleveland. And it is...Case in point, they weren't able sign anyone relevant in the 7 years he was there(despite him being the face of the league).

Seriously what more evidence do you need? Here I'll let Joakim Noah tell you what he thinks about Cleveland, and he isn't a teammate of LeBron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0WqSeCKW8

You honestly don't believe location and lifestyle don't factor into free agent free agent decisions?

PJR
01-13-2014, 06:52 PM
BTW of the the young core that Cleveland has assembled the past few years, Michael friggin Beasley is better and more talented than any player on the Cavs not named Kyrie Irving.

Let that sink in.

Uncle Drew
01-13-2014, 06:55 PM
BTW of the the young core that Cleveland has assembled the past few years, Michael friggin Beasley is better and more talented than any player on the Cavs not named Kyrie Irving.

Let that sink it.
Of course he is more talented. He didn't average 26 and 13 in Kansas for nothing.

Aidz
01-13-2014, 06:59 PM
If Miami wins this year there's no way he's going back to Cleveland. As if he's going to give up a chance at a 4-peat and surpassing Jordan.

If Miami loses this year then Cavs might have a chance.

Real Men Wear Green
01-13-2014, 07:00 PM
LeBron James played in Cleveland for 7 years. He's been a marquee/superstar player for like 5 of those years.

Go ahead and list the most relevant free agents the Cavs signed during that time span. I dare you.

If you can't catch on to the point, I don't know what to tell you.And how many of those years did they have max cap space?

He said what said because he was ASKED if LeBron could've reached the level of play he has thus far(all things considered) if he had remained in Cleveland. So?

That was the question.

It wasn't a question about a potential return to Cleveland. This isn't the first time a celebrity answered a question with an ulterior motive. Really.

And Bosh, replied saying it was tough to say, and that you'd have to consider other factors, one being FREE AGENCY. And as he implied, it's tough to sell guys on Cleveland. And it is...Case in point, they weren't able sign anyone relevant in the 7 years he was there(despite him being the face of the league).Again: How many of those years did they have max space? We see free agents go cities that are not Miami or LA all the time. But to win a bidding war you have to combine a great opportunity with as much or more money than the teams you're competing with. Miami wasn't a big FA destination before James went there and whenever he leaves they'll return to normal.

Doranku
01-13-2014, 07:02 PM

Let that sink it.
:oldlol: Not a soul in this world would take Beasley's bust ass over Waiters, Thompson, Deng... or hell, even Jarrett Jack.

What a joke.

Real Men Wear Green
01-13-2014, 07:03 PM

Let that sink in.
Beasley was the second pick in the draft, so he should be...but he isn't. Tristan Thompson averages a double-double.

navy
01-13-2014, 07:10 PM
Beasley was the second pick in the draft, so he should be...but he isn't. Tristan Thompson averages a double-double.
No, Beasley is definitely better than Tristan. Who went fourth. Although it was a weak draft though.

Tristan 11.9 on .458 and 9.7 rebounds as a starter in 33 minutes a game.
Beasley 10 on .503 and 4.2 rebounds on 18 minutes a game.

MP.Trey
01-13-2014, 07:14 PM
No, Beasley is definitely better than Tristan. Who went fourth. Although it was a weak draft though.

Let's see what Beasley does when he gets consistent minutes and plays against the other team's starters rather than their benchwarmers... Oh yeah we already have, and it wasn't very impressing imo. TT's constant effort/motor alone makes him more valuable than Beasley ever was in the league.

Doranku
01-13-2014, 07:14 PM

So because Beasley averages worse numbers across the board and plays less minutes, he is "definitely" better than Tristan?

Jan 14 is really giving Apr 13 a run for their money. :oldlol:

KingBeasley08
01-13-2014, 07:17 PM
One aspect that people aren't taking into consideration. Cleveland has Dan Gilbert, the dude who dissed him. Miami has The Godfather who could easily retool around LeBron.

Gimme Riley over the Cleveland Clown anyday

MP.Trey
01-13-2014, 07:20 PM
One aspect that people aren't taking into consideration. Cleveland has Dan Gilbert, the dude who dissed him. Miami has The Godfather who could easily retool around LeBron.

True that. I personally don't really want Bron to come back and certainly don't expect him to but a lot of the Cleveland organization/fanbase were blindsided when he left so I guess you never really know what the dude is thinking. Can't really blame them for trying I suppose, I don't really want to overpay for Deng and most believe he's going to be asking for a lot so it's not really devastating if we lose him. I have liked how Deng has looked the first couple games though.

navy
01-13-2014, 07:21 PM
So because Beasley averages worse numbers across the board and plays less minutes, he is "definitely" better than Tristan?

Jan 14 is really giving Apr 13 a run for their money. :oldlol:

Beasly has a higher PER than Tristan, anyways, this is where stats are deceiving.

Thompson is a better rebounder, Beasley is a better scorer by far. I honestly think the Cavs would trade Beasly for Thompson, provided he had his head on straight.

Embers
01-13-2014, 07:21 PM
Im going to hold off engagement talks with my girlfriend in the hope of pursuing Kate Upton.

In all reality I like my chances better

Doranku
01-13-2014, 07:24 PM

Yeah... "The Godfather".

Pat Riley might be even more overrated than the players on his team. Why does he get so much credit?

Bosh, Wade, and LeBron pretty clearly colluded and drew up the blueprint for the 2010 off-season during the '08 Olympics. What was Pat Riley doing then? Running away from coaching the Heat after an embarrassing 15 win season. I'm sure he played a huge role in those Olympic scheming sessions. :rolleyes:

Even if they didn't collude in the '08 Olympics, we really gonna give Riley credit for LeBron being a beta? For Miami being a nice city with an enjoyable climate? What else has the dude done for the Heat as president?

Not a god damn thing.

Real Men Wear Green
01-13-2014, 07:24 PM

Beasley hits 50% because of the Heat offense. He's a career 45% guy. He is a better scorer than Thompson but Thompson is a far better rebounder and Beasley's career 13.8 ppg isn't an amazing number.

navy
01-13-2014, 07:26 PM
Beasley hits 50% because of the Heat offense. He's a career 45% guy. He is a better scorer than Thompson but Thompson is a far better rebounder and Beasley's career 13.8 ppg isn't an amazing number.

Its higher than Thompson. Beasly reached 19 points a game his last year as a full time starter.

Real Men Wear Green
01-13-2014, 07:33 PM
Its higher than Thompson. Beasly reached 19 points a game his last year as a full time starter.
That was actually in Minnie back in '10-'11. Since then he's averaged 11, 10, and the current 10. I will grant you that I think he could/would score more with a greater opportunity but in 6 seasons he's only been given that chance once. I doubt we'll ever see him become the All-Star his talent level seemed to indicate.

PJR
01-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Again: How many of those years did they have max space? We see free agents go cities that are not Miami or LA all the time. But to win a bidding war you have to combine a great opportunity with as much or more money than the teams you're competing with. Miami wasn't a big FA destination before James went there and whenever he leaves they'll return to normal.

They had cap space in 2005, where

Ray Allen
Michael Redd
Joe Johnson (RFA)

were all available. They ended up with the Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, and Donyell Marshall poo poo platter.

And, Miami has always been a free agent destination since Pat Riley has been with the Heat. And in the three times Miami has had significant cap flexibility, they've came away with one or two of the top free agents in the market

in 2000, the top free agents were Eddie Jones, Brian Grant...Miami got them both. While the Bulls (who also wanted those two players) signed Ron Mercer.

in 2003, Both Elton Brand and Lamar Odom signed offer sheets with Miami.

in 2010...You know the story here.

So yeah. Miami's always been a free agent destination. And will continue to be.

Tristan Thompson averages 12/10 on 53 TS% and his PER is 14. Beasley's rookie and sophomore numbers are better than his, and that's saying something.

Thompson's a role player at best. Spare me

RedBlackAttack
01-13-2014, 07:37 PM
It is so interesting to me how these stories circulate and are molded based on an Opinion piece. It's not as if any of this is coming from anyone with any knowledge of the front office's intentions.

This story was put together based on a column by Marc Spears about why he thinks the Cavs will hold off on trying to re-sign Deng because there is still a shot James comes back to Cleveland.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/will-the-cavaliers-put-off-contract-talks-with-luol-deng-so-they-can-try-to-sign-lebron-james-015748847.html

In it, he asks Deng about that theory and that's where the quotes comes from.

Somehow, ProBasketballTalk took that piece and spun it into a misleading headline/story as if there were some insider information.

Basically, this is regurgitated spin with a specific narrative in mind. I'm not saying the Cavs won't take a stab at James... I have no idea. But, the point is, PBT has no idea either.

I don't think they'll hesitate re-signing Deng longterm if he shows promise with our young core, though.

oarabbus
01-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Beastley does **** like this though

http://imgur.com/ZEFAp7I

That game was so sick, never seen anyone disrespect the Heat at home like my boy Curry that night

Darius
01-13-2014, 07:46 PM
lmao I hope this isn't true otherwise that 1st round pick they gave for Deng was a pretty dumb move..

navy
01-13-2014, 07:49 PM
That was actually in Minnie back in '10-'11. Since then he's averaged 11, 10, and the current 10. I will grant you that I think he could/would score more with a greater opportunity but in 6 seasons he's only been given that chance once. I doubt we'll ever see him become the All-Star his talent level seemed to indicate.
Im not going to lie, he ruined his stock with his laziness and drug use. But I think he still has a higher ceiling then Tristan despite the last two years being a complete waste.

Real Men Wear Green
01-13-2014, 07:50 PM
They had cap space in 2005, where

Ray Allen
Michael Redd
Joe Johnson (RFA)

were all available. They ended up with the Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, and Donyell Marshall poo poo platter.So that's one year. Where they signed a guy that averaged 22, 6 and 5. The fact that Hughes stunk it up as a Cav doesn't change the fact that he was considered a good player at the time he hit free agency. Damon Jones and Donyell Marshall were both double-digit scorers for their previous teams.

And, Miami has always been a free agent destination since Pat Riley has been with the Heat. And in the three times Miami has had significant cap flexibility, they've came away with one or two of the top free agents in the market

in 2000, the top free agents were Eddie Jones, Brian Grant...Miami got them both. While the Bulls (who also wanted those two players) signed Ron Mercer.So in the year when Orlando got T-Mac and Grant Hill, you're talking about Eddie Jones and Brian Grant. That's nice.

in 2003, Both Elton Brand and Lamar Odom signed offer sheets with Miami.I'm sure Brand was grateful, getting paid by Sterling wasn't easy back then. Congrats on Odom.

Tristan Thompson averages 12/10 on 53 TS% and his PER is 14. Beasley's rookie and sophomore numbers are better than his, and that's saying something.

Thompson's a role player at best. Spare me
So somehow Beasley, who has come off the bech for 4 of 6 seasons, isn't a roleplayer? Thanks for playing.

chips93
01-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Beasly has a higher PER than Tristan, anyways, this is where stats are deceiving.

Thompson is a better rebounder, Beasley is a better scorer by far. I honestly think the Cavs would trade Beasly for Thompson, provided he had his head on straight.

well yeah, he would be an all-star if he had his head on straight.

are we forgetting that defense is half the game? its just as important as offense. tristan is an above average defender, and getting better all the time. beasley on the otherhand (admittedly i havent seen enough of him this year to judge) has been a trainwreck defensively for his career.

navy
01-13-2014, 08:00 PM
well yeah, he would be an all-star if he had his head on straight.

are we forgetting that defense is half the game? its just as important as offense. tristan is an above average defender, and getting better all the time. beasley on the otherhand (admittedly i havent seen enough of him this year to judge) has been a trainwreck defensively for his career.

He hasnt been a liability and Spolestra lets him finish games so he's not too bad defensively.

But he plays limited minutes and on a year salary so I think he tries 100% of the time he is on the court to prove his worth.

RedBlackAttack
01-13-2014, 08:00 PM
lmao I hope this isn't true otherwise that 1st round pick they gave for Deng was a pretty dumb move..
It's unclear if that pick will ever even come to fruition. We got it in the freaking JJ Hickson/Casspi trade and the Kings never even gave us a glimmer of hope in the years that followed of them exceeding the restrictions on the pick. I wouldn't be holding my breath if I'm a Bulls fan. It will probably end up being a second rounder.

RedBlackAttack
01-13-2014, 08:03 PM
He hasnt been a liability and Spolestra lets him finish games so he's not too bad defensively.

But he plays limited minutes and on a year salary so I think he tries 100% of the time he is on the court to prove his worth.
Beasley would be an utter disaster on this Cavs team, which has the second youngest roster in the league. We've seen how he operates on teams like that. It isn't pretty.

Meanwhile Tristan has close to 20 double doubles already this season.

chips93
01-13-2014, 08:05 PM

why wasnt he trying to prove his worth in minnesota? or phoenix?

leopards dont change their stripes, and there is a reason hes only getting the veterans minimum

navy
01-13-2014, 08:06 PM
Beasley would be an utter disaster on this Cavs team, which has the second youngest roster in the league. We've seen how he operates on teams like that. It isn't pretty.

Eh...the trade comments were just on talent/ceiling level. Not a team thing. THe cavs would have no use for Beasly and he wouldnt fit with the team at all. But its not like the cavs are over achieving or anything. They wouldn't be much worse.

navy
01-13-2014, 08:08 PM
why wasnt he trying to prove his worth in minnesota? or phoenix?

leopards dont change their stripes, and there is a reason hes only getting the veterans minimum
Nah, he was smoking pot and being a dumbass. I can tell you he has been trying this year, but then again he is on a championship roster.

I have no idea if he would regress again if he left Miami. Chances are that he would.

Knicksfever2010
01-13-2014, 08:33 PM
http://images.nymag.com/news/sports/lebron/lebronopener100517_560.jpg

JohnFreeman
01-13-2014, 09:19 PM
He isn't going back.

cos88
01-13-2014, 09:27 PM
the only way on earth that lebron is comming back is to bring pat riley as gm and micky as owner :bowdown:

SpecialQue
01-13-2014, 09:32 PM
About as likely as Kareem and Magic coming back to play for the Lakers right now.

DaOldLion
01-13-2014, 09:37 PM
About as likely as Kareem and Magic coming back to play for the Lakers right now.

The body might, but the heart of a Lion never ages

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2183379/kobereturns.gif

Black and White
01-13-2014, 09:40 PM

Lol Pauks essay has created a alt

Knicks102
01-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Chances are slim going back to Cleveland. Not after all of that backfire from the fans who are so ungrateful and selfish, the management and ownership itself. If he does however, Irving - Lebron duo would be fun to watch.

coin24
01-13-2014, 09:53 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Not a chance in hell.. The Cavs don't have a team that can carry him, bran will be staying in Miami.
Can you really blame him though? The Cavs are a fu*king disaster :facepalm

chips93
01-13-2014, 09:55 PM

i havent seen this dude before, but im calling RG alt

RedBlackAttack
01-13-2014, 10:12 PM
He isn't going back.
Hopefully not.

His re-signing in Miami can't come soon enough, TBH. Can't wait until this talk is finally put to bed. There wasn't even a story here... completely fabricated out of thin air just for clicks in the hopes that forums like this one would pick up on it and create 10+ page threads of people laughing at the idea.

This is literally the reason it was written.

Jameerthefear
01-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Lebron coming to Central Florida to join the Orlando Magic

NattyPButter
01-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Hopefully not.

His re-signing in Miami can't come soon enough, TBH. Can't wait until this talk is finally put to bed. There wasn't even a story here... completely fabricated out of thin air just for clicks in the hopes that forums like this one would pick up on it and create 10+ page threads of people laughing at the idea.

This is literally the reason it was written.

a fan who likes to see the team stay shitty. Who the hell wouldn't want the best basketball player in the world on their team? You have to be stupid not to. Also if CG didn't try to get Lebron his days as a Cavs GM are numbered. So many fans want him back and if they didn't try the media would go ape shit and so would the fans. Also Lebron and Kyrie together would sell out the arena and bring in so much merchandise sales.

cos88
01-13-2014, 10:21 PM
Lebron coming to Central Florida to join the Orlando Magic

he doesn't need another midget point guard to play with

RedBlackAttack
01-13-2014, 10:39 PM
a fan who likes to see the team stay shitty. Who the hell wouldn't want the best basketball player in the world on their team? You have to be stupid not to. Also if CG didn't try to get Lebron his days as a Cavs GM are numbered. So many fans want him back and if they didn't try the media would go ape shit and so would the fans. Also Lebron and Kyrie together would sell out the arena and bring in so much merchandise sales.
I don't need to take lessons in fandom from you, kid. I've probably been following this team and going to games since back before you were born.

If the only thing you care about is winning as a fan, just follow the best teams and be done with it. It's really not all that important to me. I'd of course prefer the team to be really good, but not at the expense of having James back -- who I don't like -- and all of the stuff that comes with him.

If you are of a different opinion, fine. I don't preach to you as to why I think it's pathetic that so many Cavs fans seem tethered to this idea of James coming back and saving the franchise, do I?

Do what you want, but don't tell me how to be a fan.

BigMacAttack
01-13-2014, 10:53 PM
The Cavs just drafted Bennet number 1, LBJ isnt going there.

NattyPButter
01-13-2014, 11:17 PM
I don't need to take lessons in fandom from you, kid. I've probably been following this team and going to games since back before you were born.

If the only thing you care about is winning as a fan, just follow the best teams and be done with it. It's really not all that important to me. I'd of course prefer the team to be really good, but not at the expense of having James back -- who I don't like -- and all of the stuff that comes with him.

If you are of a different opinion, fine. I don't preach to you as to why I think it's pathetic that so many Cavs fans seem tethered to this idea of James coming back and saving the franchise, do I?

Do what you want, but don't tell me how to be a fan.

Kid? i'm 30+ years old and been following the Cavs since grade school, so take your "kid" insult and shove it. What will u do if he does come back? Maybe you like losing and not care about winning but many of us fans do. So it's pretty damn stupid to tell someone to stop being a fan of a team if all they care about is winning. You have a losing attitude...have you been that they your whole life? Sounds like many of the players on the team.

HylianNightmare
01-13-2014, 11:40 PM
It all really depends on if the Bucks want Lebron. I think if Milwaukee goes for it, Cleveland better sign Deng a big fat contract
dude we get it, you are a bucks fan,chill out it's not funny anymore

chips93
01-13-2014, 11:41 PM
The Cavs just drafted Bennet number 1, LBJ isnt going there.

this

lebron doesnt want to finish his career as a backup

Someballer31
01-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Lebron James at cavs will happen heat don't have money cavs will don't sign DENG realse another player and sign lebron :coleman: damn right it will happen

RedBlackAttack
01-14-2014, 12:08 AM
Kid? i'm 30+ years old and been following the Cavs since grade school, so take your "kid" insult and shove it. What will u do if he does come back? Maybe you like losing and not care about winning but many of us fans do. So it's pretty damn stupid to tell someone to stop being a fan of a team if all they care about is winning. You have a losing attitude...have you been that they your whole life? Sounds like many of the players on the team.

If you dislike the team so much, there are 29 others to choose from. Personally, I think quietly pining for a player to come back and save you from your despair as a fan is a "losing attitude."

Clearly, you think this situation is hopeless without James... I don't.

Who has the losing attitude? :oldlol:

this

lebron doesnt want to finish his career as a backup

ZING! lol

El Gato Negro
01-14-2014, 01:30 AM
unless he brings wade and bosh with him who cares? lebron has already shown us he can't win championships without a stacked deck.