PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's FG% helps negate the blame....

9erempiree
01-14-2014, 07:24 PM
I think he purposely maintains his shooting percentages and his shot attempts to a certain level, therefore, when the team loses, the blame would not be directed at him.

"Well, I got my 60%....can't blame me for the lost."

Through his entire career he has been blamed for not being clutch or stepping up when it matters. Since he's a pass-first kind of guy, I think he limits his shot attempt to that of a second fiddle. He doesn't take that much shots to be considered the top dog on the team and he keeps it at that level because come do or die....he can resort on how efficient he was.

Shooting 60% and only scoring 19 points is not acceptable nor does it have an impact on the game. He should be putting up about 45-50% clip and scoring 30 plus points.

MP.Trey
01-14-2014, 09:18 PM
This is moronic crap. Stop posting things like this on this message board.
:applause:

3LiftHeatCurse
01-14-2014, 09:18 PM
I think he purposely maintains his shooting percentages and his shot attempts to a certain level, therefore, when the team loses, the blame would not be directed at him.

Through his entire career he has been blamed for not being clutch or stepping up when it matters. Since he's a pass-first kind of guy, I think he limits his shot attempt to that of a second fiddle. He doesn't take that much shots to be considered the top dog on the team and he keeps it at that level because come do or die....he can resort on how efficient he was.

Shooting 60% and only scoring 19 points is not acceptable nor does it have an impact on the game. He should be putting up about 45-50% clip and scoring 30 plus points.

http://scalabrinealert.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Disapointed-Michael-Jordan-Headshake.gif

moe94
01-14-2014, 09:20 PM
I got banned for much less than this. Justice needs to prevail.

KirbyPls
01-14-2014, 09:21 PM

Kobetards. :facepalm

TheMarkMadsen
I got banned for much less than this. Justice needs to prevail.

you posted this after he was banned :biggums:

Illuminati
I seen this thread literally 30 minutes ago. :oldlol:

moe94
01-14-2014, 09:23 PM
you posted this after he was banned :biggums:

I didn't look. Justice has been dealt. I'm loving the consistency. Too bad 9er is already among us in a new guise.

Lebron23
01-14-2014, 09:25 PM
LBj is shooting 60% from the field because he's taking smarter shots, his FG's attempts are down this year, and he's only playing less minutes.

Boarder Patrol
01-14-2014, 09:34 PM

I'm not even a LeBron fan but when has he ever said this? :biggums:

Edit: This post needs more Biggums :biggums: :biggums:

iTare
01-14-2014, 09:35 PM
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/NPtSojoUXdQzzidIoxsoSw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTUwMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2013-06-23/44b3e51d-d59d-4336-9f24-dbc3f3a0f9b4_LeBron_webgame7.gif

Prometheus
01-14-2014, 09:42 PM
I'd been reading these forums for months until registration just opened up, and 9er is BY FAR the worst and most obnoxious poster. if he really is banned than my god what a glorious day it is

Y2ktors
01-14-2014, 09:47 PM
I'd been reading these forums for months until registration just opened up, and 9er is BY FAR the worst and most obnoxious poster. if he really is banned than my god what a glorious day it is

What was so bad about him?

fpliii
01-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Welcome to ISH, bro!

ripper76
01-14-2014, 09:49 PM
Welcome to ISH, bro!

Hey fpliii!

fpliii
01-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Hey fpliii!
Hi, ripper! ESPN invasion up in here.

Y2ktors
01-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Welcome to ISH, bro!

Yeah I'm on board. Looks like ripper is too. Did u get that screen shot?

Prometheus
01-14-2014, 09:51 PM

if you've been reading these forums as I have, then it should be obvious. and if you have been, but you don't agree, then I guess you don't agree.

Y2ktors
01-14-2014, 09:51 PM

Anyone else from ESPN in here?

fpliii
01-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Yeah I'm on board. Looks like ripper is too. Did u get that screen shot?
Yeah, thanks a lot.

Anyone else from ESPN in here?
Abe is here, just registered, same as you guys.

griffmoney is here (kennethgriffin)
pavlenko17 is here (Deuce Bigalow)
9er is here, started this thread.

I think silkktheshocker said he was skufner on the old board. RocketsGreatness also was on ESPN and he posts here under some name(s).

ripper76
01-14-2014, 09:53 PM

As long as such an invasion is not against the rules.

fpliii
01-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Indeed.

russwest0
01-14-2014, 10:18 PM
Not sure about the ban, I actually agree with his point :lol and I'm dead serious.

You see games where he gets his efficient 25 in the 3rd and when his team needs him to be aggressive in the 4th he mails it in since he already has his statline.

PistonsFan#21
01-14-2014, 10:33 PM
Not sure about the ban, I actually agree with his point :lol and I'm dead serious.

You see games where he gets his efficient 25 in the 3rd and when his team needs him to be aggressive in the 4th he mails it in since he already has his statline.

why would he do that? he gets more blame for a loss than for a bad statline.

GOATbe
01-14-2014, 10:39 PM

Agreed. :applause:

Droid101
01-14-2014, 10:41 PM
Yeah, because Jeff is totally against having more site traffic. :oldlol:

VIntageNOvel
01-14-2014, 10:42 PM
err wait, now you can be banned because of agenda topic?

AintNoSunshine
01-14-2014, 10:44 PM
Can't even bother reading the op, is it another post where Kobetards try to spin facts and make it like shooting a high percentage is a bad thing?

moe94
01-14-2014, 10:45 PM
err wait, now you can be banned because of agenda topic?

That's how I got banned.:confusedshrug:

Can't even bother reading the op, is it another post where Kobetards try to spin facts and make it like shooting a high percentage is a bad thing?

The thing that makes it most hilarious is that whenever Durant has great shooting, which he always does, it's spun to say he's playing a more LeBron game instead of having a more Kobe game. :biggums:

Genaro
01-14-2014, 10:45 PM
If Jeff starts banning people for this kind of board, this place will be empty.

Kingwillball
01-14-2014, 10:46 PM

I have seen U post a lot worse stuff and in this case I somewhat I agree with you especially in games when they are shorthanded in games that are close he needs to take a more assertive role and not count so much on role players.

TheMarkMadsen
01-14-2014, 10:51 PM
I have seen U post a lot worse stuff and in this case I somewhat I agree with you especially in games when they are shorthanded in games that are close he needs to take a more assertive role and not count so much on role players.

not gonna lie, this dude is a huge Lebron fan, and he sort of kind of agrees.

this ban was kind of silly

moe94
01-14-2014, 10:54 PM
not gonna lie, this dude is a huge Lebron fan, and he sort of kind of agrees.

this ban was kind of silly

Ban is silly, but he was trolling if his actual argument rests on the idea that LeBron is out for his damn field goal percentage over any win. Really? Really?

VIntageNOvel
01-14-2014, 10:58 PM
yes i think even for 9erempire, this thread is not that 'trolling', theres some merit / discussion
savagemode's thread is far more dumber
9erempire created a lot of stupid thread before, but this is not one of em (at least not ban worthy

scott0326
01-14-2014, 10:59 PM
I think we need more threads talking about Lebrons FG%, I don't think we have enough.

VIntageNOvel
01-14-2014, 11:00 PM
i just want to know why he's banned, because of this thread or because of the fact that he's 9erempire

ripper76
01-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Yeah, because Jeff is totally against having more site traffic. :oldlol:

I was being a bit facetious.

I'm a big proponent of people following the rules though.

TheMarkMadsen
01-14-2014, 11:06 PM
Ban is silly, but he was trolling if his actual argument rests on the idea that LeBron is out for his damn field goal percentage over any win. Really? Really?

i don't think that's what he's saying at all

seems more like he's saying Lebron isn't as aggressive as a first option should be in certain spots of the game.

Lebron protects his FG% to an extent which I think we can all agree with, and i think the premise he's working from is this..

If Lebron is so good that he can convert his shot attempts at a 60% rate why isn't he shooting more? Especially when his team is down and could use a 60% conversion rate on his shots..

but since Lebron isn't always as aggressive as his skill set allows him to be, he will concede good shots that he should take in spots of the games where his team could use it, and it makes you wonder if he's consciously thinking about that FG% during the game..

Lebron has his ear to the media, he's very conscious of what they are saying, I think he knows that if the HEAT lose a regular season game and he has a stat line of 25/5/5 on 59% shooting the media isn't going to blame him, because to those who didn't watch the game there's no way you can look at a guy who shot 60% and scored 25 points and blame him for the loss, but for those who are watching these games (where the HEAT lose or are in trouble of losing a regular season game) it can be frustrating for NBA fans to see Lebron passively play the game and look to his teammates to make some aggressive moves and get themselves open for shots when his team is down..

if he's the best player in the world, and can convert his shots at 60% then he should be the one looking to shoot almost every trip down, especially when the team needs a bucket..

and i think that's what he's trying to get at/ say

Prometheus
01-14-2014, 11:12 PM
it doesn't seem that bad because it's 9er. still a crap post, just not that bad relative to what he always does

ssginc
01-15-2014, 12:27 AM
i don't think that's what he's saying at all

seems more like he's saying Lebron isn't as aggressive as a first option should be in certain spots of the game.

Lebron protects his FG% to an extent which I think we can all agree with, and i think the premise he's working from is this..

If Lebron is so good that he can convert his shot attempts at a 60% rate why isn't he shooting more? Especially when his team is down and could use a 60% conversion rate on his shots..

but since Lebron isn't always as aggressive as his skill set allows him to be, he will concede good shots that he should take in spots of the games where his team could use it, and it makes you wonder if he's consciously thinking about that FG% during the game..

Lebron has his ear to the media, he's very conscious of what they are saying, I think he knows that if the HEAT lose a regular season game and he has a stat line of 25/5/5 on 59% shooting the media isn't going to blame him, because to those who didn't watch the game there's no way you can look at a guy who shot 60% and scored 25 points and blame him for the loss, but for those who are watching these games (where the HEAT lose or are in trouble of losing a regular season game) it can be frustrating for NBA fans to see Lebron passively play the game and look to his teammates to make some aggressive moves and get themselves open for shots when his team is down..

if he's the best player in the world, and can convert his shots at 60% then he should be the one looking to shoot almost every trip down, especially when the team needs a bucket..

and i think that's what he's trying to get at/ say

Very good points.