PDA

View Full Version : J.R. Smith "If I

Smook A.
01-15-2014, 03:14 AM
CHARLOTTE — J.R. Smith methodically packed a foldable suitcase in the middle of the visiting dressing room late Tuesday night, an odd sight for anyone but the one Knick who quickly has fallen back into disfavor with Mike Woodson.

While Tyson Chandler returned following a four-game absence due to bronchitis, Smith was kept on the bench for the second time in four games — as the Knicks’ season-best five-game winning streak ended with a 108-98 loss to the Bobcats.

“I’m not even commenting on J.R.,” Woodson said gruffly after the game. “I just didn’t play him tonight. I didn’t play him.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/sat-knicks-smith-benched-team-sluggish-loss-bobcats-article-1.1579949

Sounds like JR doesn't wanna be in NY anymore

imnew09
01-15-2014, 03:16 AM
Come to the Lakers.

Smith and Swaggy P = swag yolo overload.

Smook A.
01-15-2014, 03:17 AM
Come to the Lakers.

You sound like you want SWAG more than WINS. LoL

Marlo_Stanfield
01-15-2014, 03:19 AM
Come to the Lakers.

imagine Kobe coming back too. 5 FGA for the rest of the team will Jr,Swappy P and Kobe are swaggin themselves into delirium:lol

PostUpFreak
01-15-2014, 03:25 AM
imagine Kobe coming back too. 5 FGA for the rest of the team will Jr,Swappy P and Kobe are swaggin themselves into delirium:lol
:lol :lol

EllEffEll
01-15-2014, 03:26 AM
Some good communication with his coach and/or management is exactly what's need to get him back on track.

He'd have to mature quite a bit before I'd want a knucklehead like that on my team. Though he's got some streaky talent, he's also his own worst enemy. Sadly, he probably won't get the message until he's too washed up to contribute.

ballup
01-15-2014, 04:10 AM
He truly doesn't see that the problem is him?

Eye Test
01-15-2014, 04:11 AM
someone tie his laces to a car and hit the pedal pls

Smook A.
01-15-2014, 04:19 AM
someone tie his laces to a car and hit the pedal pls
Haha might as well with his attitude

el gringos
01-15-2014, 04:20 AM
Woodson is way to dumb to be a head coach. Especially for this Knicks team.

Wait till things even come close to going well and then start fu**ing with players? And act like you are above talking about your own decision

Knicks need jr to turn his season around to win the Atlantic. How Woodson is stl around is mind boggling. He brings nothing positive to the team and he doesn't have the vets like Kidd and Rasheed to do his job for him.

SexSymbol
01-15-2014, 04:32 AM
Woodson is way to dumb to be a head coach. Especially for this Knicks team.

Wait till things even come close to going well and then start fu**ing with players? And act like you are above talking about your own decision

Knicks need jr to turn his season around to win the Atlantic. How Woodson is stl around is mind boggling. He brings nothing positive to the team and he doesn't have the vets like Kidd and Rasheed to do his job for him.

Knicks don't need JR, he's a cancer, and except for one season, he's always been it

Brokenbeat
01-15-2014, 04:36 AM
Where's Hawkfan when you need him? Knicks could use some assistance, lol.

iDunk
01-15-2014, 04:36 AM
This guy is such an idiot. He doesn't comprehend that his contract is untradeable unless there's a miracle deal worked out.

[GR]
01-15-2014, 05:08 AM
This guy is such an idiot. He doesn't comprehend that his contract is untradeable unless there's a miracle deal worked out.
He was playing well for 2 games, then got benched out of nowhere when they needed him. Woodson has to explain that, and didnt

Smook A.
01-15-2014, 05:41 AM
']He was playing well for 2 games, then got benched out of nowhere when they needed him. Woodson has to explain that, and didnt
Because woodson is an idiot

R.I.P
01-15-2014, 06:15 AM
Because woodson is an idiot
Or because JR will get traded. But pls, not another old guard. :(

Unforgiven
01-15-2014, 06:32 AM
Sadly, he probably won't get the message until he's too washed up to contribute.

This is exactly what's going to happen with JR's career, good call.

Smook A.
01-15-2014, 11:21 AM
This is exactly what's going to happen with JR's career, good call.
He'll be broke after his career is over

GoranDragon
01-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Adrian Woj:

he's a soft, spoiled, suburban jump-shooter.

:roll::banana: :pimp:

wally_world
01-15-2014, 11:26 AM
We'll give you Perk for JR and Shump

Westbrook / Jackson / Fisher
Shump / JR
KD / Thabo
Ibaka / PJ3
Adams / Collison / Thabeet

:pimp:

ImKobe
01-15-2014, 11:27 AM
We'll give you Perk for JR and Shump

Westbrook / Jackson / Fisher
Shump / JR
KD / Thabo
Ibaka / PJ3
Adams / Collison / Thabeet

:pimp:

I think if OKC gives Perk + a pick they'd do it.

gts
01-15-2014, 11:57 AM
']He was playing well for 2 games, then got benched out of nowhere when they needed him. Woodson has to explain that, and didnt

He probably screwed up again...

We'll find out in time but the coach felt last night at that time talking about it wasn't the best course of action. Far from being an idiot...

r15mohd
01-15-2014, 12:26 PM

he wasn't benched out of nowhere...he was playing dirty, shoelace untying incident. he deserved to be benched by the coaching staff to prove that they don't tolerate that type of play. granted, 1-game was sufficient to me...the second game and so forth, i'm sure it's been because of his ongoing media "venting"

#number6ix#
01-15-2014, 12:48 PM
Trade Jr to Phoenix for Chris Smoove he can make it splash

SpecialQue
01-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Come to the Lakers.

I nearly punched my monitor when I read this.

el gringos
01-15-2014, 12:59 PM
He probably screwed up again...

We'll find out in time but the coach felt last night at that time talking about it wasn't the best course of action. Far from being an idiot...
If the decision was to not talk about it publicly that's one thing and you could be right. To not even explain his reasoning to the player or the team is entirely different.

Woodson was attempting to make himself look smart but of course backfired. Woodson is just way too dumb to lead this roster. Tries nothing when everything is going terrible and then when things start getting better he decides to throw a wrench into things

oarabbus
01-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Fck JR, stupid ******* is screwing over my hopes at winning fantasy. No one will touch him in a trade and can't win down a player :mad:

3peated
01-15-2014, 01:07 PM
he could help the celtics tank, maybe get a pick for him or something.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-15-2014, 01:11 PM
Come to the Lakers.

unless shumpert or hardware comes back...NO

HylianNightmare
01-15-2014, 01:13 PM
ship him out, i hear the bobcats may be looking for someone

AirFederer
01-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Can Miami get him?

Levity
01-15-2014, 01:19 PM
JR for OJ

duskovujosevic
01-15-2014, 01:53 PM
just give him meth pipe

Tking714
01-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Send him to the heat for money

Godzuki
01-15-2014, 02:27 PM
i swear half the time any player gets some new huge contract they seem to do something that makes everyone regret giving them that huge contract.

FireDavidKahn
01-15-2014, 02:35 PM
5FGA for Kobe.:oldlol:

yeaaaman
01-15-2014, 05:33 PM
If the decision was to not talk about it publicly that's one thing and you could be right. To not even explain his reasoning to the player or the team is entirely different.

Woodson was attempting to make himself look smart but of course backfired. Woodson is just way too dumb to lead this roster. Tries nothing when everything is going terrible and then when things start getting better he decides to throw a wrench into things

It's odd that you know what happened..We don't know what went on behind the scenes, at practice, whatever. He was just told to act more like a pro, that his behaviour had to stop. Then the guy who has continuously showed he isn't very smart when it comes to being a professional all of a sudden gets "benched for no reason". I'm not sure I buy your story. I assume he did get benched for a reason. We just don't know it.

And to act like he didn't explain the reasoning to JR. Some things they might not need to explain depending what may have happened. I'm pretty sure they were clear with him. Like don't untie players shoelaces during the game, grow up. He goes out and does it the next game, then gets benched. Does Woodson really need to explain that to a 28 year old man?

Then again I'm just assuming like you.

Edit: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10299083/jr-smith-mike-woodson-had-heated-run-monday-night