PDA

View Full Version : Nerlens Noel Cleared for Basketball Activities

2LeTTeRS
01-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Sources: Nerlens Noel cleared
Updated: January 15, 2014, 2:37 PM ET

Philadelphia 76ers rookie center Nerlens Noel has been given the go-ahead by Dr. James Andrews to resume basketball-related activities and could be ready to take the court shortly after the All-Star break, sources told ESPN.com.

Noel, who suffered a torn ACL last February while playing for Kentucky, visited Andrews in Florida last week.

[+] EnlargeNerlens Noel
AP Photo/Chris Szagola
Nerlens Noel has been given the go-ahead by Dr. James Andrews to resume basketball-related activities, sources told ESPN.com.
"He is doing excellent and the team is taking good care of him," Andrews told ESPN.com on Wednesday.

Andrews said he was unable to provide more information due to privacy laws, but sources told ESPN.com that Noel, the No. 6 pick in this past June's NBA draft, could return to game action within the next 4-6 weeks barring a setback.

"He tested really well and his knee looks great," one source said. "Dr. Andrews suggested he be cleared to do on-court drills, but the team still has to clear him."

CSNPhilly.com reported that Noel was seen playing one-on-one against assistant coach and former NBA big man Greg Foster on Tuesday.

Sixers general manager Sam Hinkie did not immediately respond to a call from ESPN.com seeking comment on Noel's progress.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10298851/nerlens-noel-cleared-resume-basketball-related-activities-dr-james-andrews

MP.Trey
01-15-2014, 04:11 PM
4-6 weeks, nice. I really want to get a look at this kid.

kurple
01-15-2014, 04:39 PM
word

Milbuck
01-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Any word on his shooting and weight? I know they did a complete overhaul of his shooting mechanics, and he was trying to put on a lot of weight during rehab.

alec613
01-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Best case scenario for tanking teams :
Noel isn't a bust

KendrickPerkins
01-15-2014, 04:48 PM
Philly gon have the two best draft picks from 2013. :applause:

r0drig0lac
01-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Philly gon have the two best draft picks from 2013. :applause:
giannis then was somehow for the 76ers?

KendrickPerkins
01-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Who?

Milbuck
01-15-2014, 05:01 PM

:cheers: :applause: This guy know his ****

Milbuck
01-15-2014, 05:04 PM
Who?

Future co-GOAT with MJ. Magic-Durant-Pippen hybrid

GOBB
01-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Any word on his shooting and weight? I know they did a complete overhaul of his shooting mechanics, and he was trying to put on a lot of weight during rehab.

227lbs and as far as shooting? Hard to say. He hasnt really played any contact scrimmages. So far 1 v 1 against Greg Foster. Hopefully Sixers allow him to scrimmage sometime next month. They need to sit him out and let him return in Orlando Summer League.

IncarceratedBob
01-15-2014, 05:25 PM
His body resembles Kevin Durant as a sophmore in high school

oarabbus
01-15-2014, 05:26 PM
Who?

The far and away best player of the 2013 NBA draft. Calling it now.

KendrickPerkins
01-15-2014, 05:29 PM
The far and away best player of the 2013 NBA draft. Calling it now.
:oldlol:

MCW. Tbh, its not really close either. Followed by Steven Adams, Oladipo, and we'll see how Noel plays post-injury.

ZenMaster
01-15-2014, 05:36 PM

More than likely you will be dissapointed. He's a rookie who hasn't played in a year, did not have training camp and proper introduction to the NBA. He has never played a game with his teammates and is on a not so good team to begin with.
I'd be suprised if he doesn't struggle a lot actually, though he could make up for it with energy because he's fresh.

oarabbus
01-15-2014, 05:37 PM

MCW. Tbh, its not really close either. Followed by Steven Adams, Oladipo, and we'll see how Noel plays post-injury.

Giannis will be better than MCW. :lol at putting Steven Adams 2nd.

Giannis has great vision, nice ballhandling, he's still growing, and his physical tools are on another level from anyone in the class. No one is doing **** like this.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/833040913.gif

Milbuck
01-15-2014, 05:40 PM

:roll: Come on man you're a good poster, enough joking around

MP.Trey
01-15-2014, 05:41 PM
More than likely you will be dissapointed. He's a rookie who hasn't played in a year, did not have training camp and proper introduction to the NBA. He has never played a game with his teammates and is on a not so good team to begin with.
I'd be suprised if he doesn't struggle a lot actually, though he could make up for it with energy because he's fresh.
I understand that. I don't have sky high expectations for him, but hey, he's gotta look better than Anthony Bennett, right? :oldlol:

Milbuck
01-15-2014, 05:41 PM

Giannis has great vision, nice ballhandling, he's still growing, and his physical tools are on another level from anyone in the class. No one is doing **** like this.

This. People think I'm ****ing around but anyone who's done some research and watched this kid can see how insane his potential is.

MP.Trey
01-15-2014, 05:43 PM

Get outta here boy.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-M2ycrb4bCLs/UrZP7zKqwUI/AAAAAAAAAiw/S6RtHzwX8s0/s1600/carterwilliams.gif

KendrickPerkins
01-15-2014, 05:44 PM

So what, he's a skinny twig thats looking to be a Durant 2.0. He won't get far. You seriously think a player named "Antetekounmpo" will be a GOOD NBA player? Not happening bud. :oldlol:

MCW's a franchise player. Antetekounmpo will be back in Greece in 5 years.

kurple
01-15-2014, 05:47 PM
They need to sit him out and let him return in Orlando Summer League.
if he's ready, how does that help his development?

Milbuck
01-15-2014, 05:50 PM
So what, he's a skinny twig thats looking to be a Durant 2.0. He won't get far. You seriously think a player named "Antetekounmpo" will be a GOOD NBA player? Not happening bud. :oldlol:

It all makes sense now

http://i.minus.com/im2k7Oj72YwaE.gif

:confusedshrug:

ZenMaster
01-15-2014, 05:53 PM

:oldlol: his physique is an automatick roster spot, on top of that he's doing pretty good and improving. Oh yeah and he's only a 94, same as Randle, the Harrison twins and all those guys. He's only 2 months older than Wiggins..

This guy would be absolutely tearing it up on defense if he was playing college right now and would be in contention for the top pick.

oarabbus
01-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Get outta here boy.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-M2ycrb4bCLs/UrZP7zKqwUI/AAAAAAAAAiw/S6RtHzwX8s0/s1600/carterwilliams.gif

:coleman:

Not impressed. Alphabet had a way bigger dunk on and all over Perkins the other night. Plus his #1 play in this vid...damn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RuhhFrQF4E

OK I ain't gonna lie MCW's dunk was pretty sick but I still take Giannis over him 7 days of the week

215Philly
01-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Can't be worst then A.B right :lol ........... right? :eek:

ZenMaster
01-15-2014, 06:00 PM
Can't be worst then A.B right :lol ........... right? :eek:

If that's where you're setting the bar, number one or not, you're not shooting for much..

KendrickPerkins
01-15-2014, 06:03 PM
:oldlol: his physique is an automatick roster spot, on top of that he's doing pretty good and improving. Oh yeah and he's only a 94, same as Randle, the Harrison twins and all those guys. He's only 2 months older than Wiggins..

This guy would be absolutely tearing it up on defense if he was playing college right now and would be in contention for the top pick.
A roster spot, yeah, thats about as far as ill have him go. He's not the best player in the draft, as the clowns have stated above. Nothing he's done made me go wow other than that KD block. Oladipo, MCW, and Noel will far and away be the better players, PERIOD. (Budadi voice)

ZenMaster
01-15-2014, 06:14 PM
A roster spot, yeah, thats about as far as ill have him go. He's not the best player in the draft, as the clowns have stated above. Nothing he's done made me go wow other than that KD block. Oladipo, MCW, and Noel will far and away be the better players, PERIOD. (Budadi voice)

We'll see once this guy ends up with some real teammates who can really play, this guy is going to be flying all over the place. Did I mention he's only 94?
He's not the best player right now but he might be the biggest talent, if you're comparing him to MCW he's 3 years younger, so for him to be better in 3 season he should be doing better than what MCW is doing this year.

I hope Noel comes back and looks sort of like Giannis but at another position, sad timing on his injury. He's also only a 94 so he's got plenty of time.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/102013_GiannisHands.jpg

Look at his hands man, he's going to block so many shots with those paws.

oarabbus
01-15-2014, 06:15 PM

Really? Did you see that link of his top 10 plays I posted? None of those plays made you go "wow"? For a 19 year old rookie? Look, I acknowledge MCW could be the better player (I can't say anything about Noel), but you have to keep in mind Giannis is 3 years younger than MCW and 2 years younger than Oladipo. I just don't understand how you can look at what he's done and conclude he doesn't have the potential to be a special talent.

And to say he's a scrub that will be out of the L... :rolleyes:

KendrickPerkins
01-15-2014, 06:34 PM
Really? Did you see that link of his top 10 plays I posted? None of those plays made you go "wow"? For a 19 year old rookie? Look, I acknowledge MCW could be the better player (I can't say anything about Noel), but you have to keep in mind Giannis is 3 years younger than MCW and 2 years younger than Oladipo. I just don't understand how you can look at what he's done and conclude he doesn't have the potential to be a special talent.

And to say he's a scrub that will be out of the L... :rolleyes:
I just don't see anything in him. So far. Doesn't have a consistent jumpshot. Not strong enough to get past his man for easy buckets. He's made great defensive plays just from being long, and easy alley oops just from being long, s'about it. And he's on the worst team in the league. I should be seeing more, but I'm not.

He's 19 though, i'll give him that. But so far, from what i've SEEN, MCW is far and away the best player in the draft. Easily.

moe94
01-15-2014, 06:36 PM
He's 19 though, i'll give him that. But so far, from what i've SEEN, MCW is far and away the best player in the draft. Easily.

Oladipo and Giannis have potential to be better than him.

BoutPractice
01-15-2014, 06:36 PM
This draft can still turn out pretty good if Giannis, Noel and Oladipo pan out.

KendrickPerkins
01-15-2014, 06:39 PM
Oladipo and Giannis have potential to be better than him.
Oladipo be killing me in fantasy sometimes bro. I stress about that fool during class too. N!gga should be dropping like 20/5/5 EVERY NIGHT!!!!

Milbuck
01-15-2014, 07:20 PM
I think we can all agree that Giannis is the MJ of this draft. MCW and Noel aren't bad picks by any means, but we all know who's gonna be the legendary player from this draft.

fos
01-15-2014, 09:43 PM

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/295/c/d/render_pedobear_by_simoneartsrender-d5im2dw.png

El Gato Negro
01-15-2014, 11:38 PM
good to hear looking forward to see him play.