PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A Smith: More than 50% chance LeBron returns to Cleveland

Black and White
01-15-2014, 04:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch_videos?video_ids=SdkOeMeCvpY%2CDqJNA9qL-_U%2CZdh69sy2ZXI%2CttiGTC5B2gg%2CRD6a9brILlQ%2CCqS 5QN24djE&type=0&feature=c4-overview&title=Popular&index=5&more_url=

Not sure if this has already been posted

IncarceratedBob
01-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Stephen A Smith knew about the Miami collusion months before it went down and no one listened to him, I personally think its a long shot but SAS knows better than anyone

ralph_i_el
01-15-2014, 04:57 PM
"more than 50% chance" When that comes out of SAS's mouth that means it's literally a guess.

bagelred
01-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Stephen A Smith: There's a 50/50 chance this coin will land on Heads.

I believe him.

Milbuck
01-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Bucks are the favorites, but I agree that Cleveland is the slight favorite out of all other teams.

Black and White
01-15-2014, 05:01 PM
"more than 50% chance" When that comes out of SAS's mouth that means it's literally a guess.

He said sources told him there were 3 teams on his radar, Miami, Knicks and Cleveland, but the Knicks are no longer an option for obvious reasons, there may be a chance for Cleveland to be a legit reality.

Black and White
01-15-2014, 05:14 PM
I believe him.

lol

Nash
01-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Bucks are the favorites, but I agree that Cleveland is the slight favorite out of all other teams.
:lol :lol

oarabbus
01-15-2014, 05:20 PM
He meant to say: More than 50% chance LeBron returns to Cleveland on Tuesday, March 18 2014

inb4 "why the **** do you know the Heat/Cavs schedule" http://lmgtfy.com/?q=heat+cavs

STATUTORY
01-15-2014, 05:23 PM
it's probably a smart prediction, if i were lebron that's what i would do. There's strong diminish marginal returns to winning more rings in miami because of the presumption of stacked team. The only way to truly elevate his legacy is to deliver what he promised long ago, the prodigal son brings the championship back to cleveland

if he does that, then he's top 10 player for certain. even i can't argue that

Boarder Patrol
01-15-2014, 05:28 PM

You sure you want LeBron taking B-Night and Giannis' touches?

Dr. Ice
01-15-2014, 05:32 PM
There is literally no reason for a human being to leave the city of miami for a cleveland

Black and White
01-15-2014, 05:34 PM
There is literally no reason for a human being to leave the city of miami for a cleveland

The only real factor is that Akron is his home

Milbuck
01-15-2014, 05:36 PM

Good question. Bron would play a Manu or 2012 Harden type role, running the 2nd unit. He'd be in at the end of games, but we all know who's getting the ball then. :basketball

Uncle Drew
01-15-2014, 05:36 PM
We're creating the greatest dynasty since Bill Russel's Celtics. :rockon:

Milbuck
01-15-2014, 05:38 PM
We're creating the greatest dynasty since Bill Russel's Celtics. :rockon:

:djparty :dancin :party: **** yeah another Bucks fan! :party: :hammertime: :banana: :banana: :cheers: :applause:

Spaulding
01-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Why didnt you respond to my PM OP? Thought you were a mod. Was a while ago...

Black and White
01-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Why didnt you respond to my PM OP? Thought you were a mod. Was a while ago...

Oh I didn't see that lol, I'm not a mod. I wish haha, not sure why your post got deleted tho, what was the thread about?

Uncle Drew
01-15-2014, 05:42 PM
:djparty :dancin :party: **** yeah another Bucks fan! :party: :hammertime: :banana: :banana: :cheers: :applause:
Please disappear from this forum just like tazb.

ispin69
01-15-2014, 05:43 PM
This is more of a leverage play. Wade needs a paycut for not being consistent and they need the room to bring in some players that will fill his inconsistency. 3 guys combined making 60 mil which is pretty much 95% of the cap space, doesn't leave much and all that repeater luxury tax only makes it worst.

Wouldn't be a surprise if all three opted out and took paycuts. Lebron is making tons in endorsements. Bosh has been inconsistent as well even though he scored big in that game when Lebron was out. The goal is winning not 2, not 3, not 4....etc. He wants to be a winner. Going back to cleveland for just Kyrie Irving is a waste. He'll be in the same situation as before.

Plus, he would be willing to take a paycut since there is not state tax in Florida. It's clearly not just about the money, they want to stay winners and to do that you need cap space to get guys since Wade might not be around much longer.

hahaitme
01-15-2014, 05:44 PM

:cheers:

Black and White
01-15-2014, 05:45 PM
This is more of a leverage play. Wade needs a paycut for not being consistent and they need the room to bring in some players that will fill his inconsistency. 3 guys combined making 60 mil which is pretty much 95% of the cap space, doesn't leave much and all that repeater luxury tax only makes it worst.

Wouldn't be a surprise if all three opted out and took paycuts. Lebron is making tons in endorsements. Bosh has been inconsistent as well even though he scored big in that game when Lebron was out. The goal is winning not 2, not 3, not 4....etc. He wants to be a winner. Going back to cleveland for just Kyrie Irving is a waste. He'll be in the same situation as before.

Plus, he would be willing to take a paycut since there is not state tax in Florida. It's clearly not just about the money, they want to stay winners and to do that you need cap space to get guys since Wade might not be around much longer.

It's been reported that Bosh will most likely opt-in because he won't be able to make that type of money again. Bad move for the team but hey, he wants his money.

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-15-2014, 05:46 PM
can the cavs keep deng and sign lebron?

Milbuck
Please disappear from this forum just like tazb.

So you can be the only Bucks fan here and get all the attention? There's room for all Bucks fans here, no need to hog the spotlight :confusedshrug:

GOATbe
I dont get why people even care where he goes :confusedshrug: . His athleticism is fading and he's not gunna be able to be blowing past guys to get an easy layup in 2015. I see him averaging 20 ppg on 40% shooting after this season. From that season on it'll be single digits. He's not 25 anymore, he's not bringing anybody a championship that's not as stacked as the heat are right now.

Uncle Drew
01-15-2014, 05:47 PM
http://www.ohio.com/news/top-stories/jason-lloyd-cavaliers-can-court-lebron-james-and-still-keep-luol-deng-1.458754

Black and White

I don't know, to aquire LeBron I think they still need to shed one more contract.

hahaitme
LeBron should take the minimum lmao, dude makes ridiculous amounts of money off his endorsements.
Of course, he'd cop a lot of shit for doing something like that. Heat would get even more stacked after a few Riley maneuvers.

Black and White
01-15-2014, 05:51 PM
LeBron should take the minimum lmao, dude makes ridiculous amounts of money off his endorsements.
Of course, he'd cop a lot of shit for doing something like that. Heat would get even more stacked after a few Riley maneuvers.

Doesn't he want to become the first billionare athlete?

RedBlackAttack
01-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Here we go again... :facepalm

Black and White
01-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Here we go again... :facepalm

I guess the rumours won't stop till the off season is done lol

hahaitme
01-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Doesn't he want to become the first billionare athlete?

That's true. I think Woods or Federer will beat him there though? (Has Woods already hit billionaire status?)
I dunno, more rings = more marketing anyway. Can you imagine the merchandise sales if someone like LeBron 4-peats

Black and White
01-15-2014, 05:57 PM
That's true. I think Woods or Federer will beat him there though? (Has Woods already hit billionaire status?)
I dunno, more rings = more marketing anyway. Can you imagine the merchandise sales if someone like LeBron 4-peats

I dunno, a 4-peat would be insane, I still think 1 ring in Cleveland >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> his 2 rings in Miami tho.

RichieW
01-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Lebron would be a fool to leave Miami, the team is built perfectly for him.

Thompson/Varejao/Zeller is a horrible front court for him, no shooting at all.

Uncle Drew
01-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Even if James signs a contract for life with the Heat or whatever team not named the Cavaliers, the rumors will continue to come. :lol

Black and White
01-15-2014, 06:01 PM

Varejao might be the piece that gets traded

Black and White
01-15-2014, 06:01 PM
Even if James signs a contract for life with the Heat or whatever team not named the Cavaliers, the rumors will continue to come. :lol

:lol you are probably right there, it will turn into LeBron James trade request rumors

Uncle Drew
01-15-2014, 06:02 PM
:lol you are probably right there, it will turn into LeBron James trade request rumors
It would be funny as hell if he returned though. Just to see what Lebron23 will do. :oldlol:

Black and White
01-15-2014, 06:06 PM
It would be funny as hell if he returned though. Just to see what Lebron23 will do. :oldlol:

How many people here would become Cleveland fans?? Just name a few lol

NumberSix
01-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Stephen A Smith can't possibly be wrong because he constantly says different things.

This season alone he's said that.......

A) Carmelo has no interest in playing anywhere other than the Knicks
B) Knicks need to trade Melo because there is noway he's gonna resign with them

No matter what happens, he's gonna say he called it.

NumberSix
01-15-2014, 06:10 PM
I dunno, a 4-peat would be insane, I still think 1 ring in Cleveland >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> his 2 rings in Miami tho.
Yeah, you say that now, but if it ever did happen that he went back to Cleveland and lead them to a championship, you'd find some excuse why it doesn't mean shit.

TheMarkMadsen
01-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Will be funny to see all the Lebron fans switch their allegiance

Black and White
01-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Yeah, you say that now, but if it ever did happen that he went back to Cleveland and lead them to a championship, you'd find some excuse why it doesn't mean shit.

Nah LeBron bringing a ring to Cleveland would cement him as a top 5 player of all time in my books, he should do it too, because it is something that has never been done before, would be perfect for him.

215Philly
01-15-2014, 06:13 PM
Stephen A Smith can't possibly be wrong because he constantly says different things.

This season alone he's said that.......

A) Carmelo has no interest in playing anywhere other than the Knicks
B) Knicks need to trade Melo because there is noway he's gonna resign with them

No matter what happens, he's gonna say he called it.
A) He said that in the beginning when no one expected the Knicks to be this bad B) Said that more recently which is 100% true

Black and White

Cleveland fans since July 2014 :lol

nightprowler10
LeBron's not going anywhere. He'd be smart to stick it out in Miami for the foreseeable future. Though I'm sure he won't quell any rumors if that is his plan since he loves the attention plus it increases his profile.

RedBlackAttack
They won't stop until he retires, I don't think. There will be a Cleveland/James narrative pushed by media types as long as he's in the NBA.

Black and White
01-15-2014, 06:15 PM
They won't stop until he retires, I don't think. There will be a Cleveland/James narrative pushed by media types as long as he's in the NBA.

You were one of the Cleveland fans that said you didn't want James back right? What would you rather the Cavs do with the money then? Gortat and resign Deng?

moe94
01-15-2014, 06:16 PM

It's too bad Cleveland cannot find a new identity. For a team with as many picks as they've had, you'd think they'd be over it by now.

NumberSix
01-15-2014, 06:19 PM
It's too bad Cleveland cannot find a new identity. For a team with as many picks as they've had, you'd think they'd be over it by now.
Honestly, it's just a poorly run organization. Plain and simple. Under current ownership, nothing is going to change.

BlazerRed
01-15-2014, 06:28 PM
We already know what that beta would do.. :facepalm

Bandito
01-15-2014, 06:32 PM
This gimmick account get me everytime even though he is so retarded:lol

Black and White
01-15-2014, 06:32 PM
We already know what that beta would do.. :facepalm

Change to a Cleveland avatar :roll:

Black and White
01-15-2014, 07:03 PM
If he goes back, the Cleveland #6 jersey will look weird next to the #23

MavsSuperFan
01-15-2014, 07:11 PM
I will say this, if Lebron goes back to cleveland and wins a ring, it will be more impressive than winning in Miami.

Solefade
01-15-2014, 07:13 PM

switch what allegiance? being a lebron fan? lol

it's no dirty secret that a lot of heat fans are just lebron fans who have been following him since cleveland

Cold soul
01-15-2014, 07:20 PM
I will say this, if Lebron goes back to cleveland and wins a ring, it will be more impressive than winning in Miami.

I agree. Just imagine what it would mean to whole state as a whole they haven't won professional sports championship in so many decades.

RedBlackAttack
01-15-2014, 07:21 PM
You were one of the Cleveland fans that said you didn't want James back right? What would you rather the Cavs do with the money then? Gortat and resign Deng?
Best case scenario would be to re-sign Deng to a semi-reasonable contract (4 years/$48 million is what I'm thinking), use the remaining $7-8 million on the best available FA ( Gortat would be a nice fit), then put together a package of young pieces/draft picks/cap relief for a third All-Star to put alongside Irving/Deng.

Everyone obviously wants Kevin Love and that would be shooting for the moon. But, it wouldn't necessarily have to be him.

That's my unrealistic best case scenario. The Cavs do have tons of flexibility with the cap and assets to make a big move. Hell, they already have put themselves in a far better position to sign one additional All Star by snatching up Deng's contract (thereby owning his Bird rights). Why not go for broke and try to really kick it up a notch?

A more realistic scenario is probably re-signing Deng, grabbing a guy like Gortat or whoever the best available FA option is, and then allowing Irving, Deng, Waiters, Thompson, Gortat(?), Varejao, Zeller, Jack, Delly(love this guy) and Miles to grow together.

Also, hope that Bennett and Karasev begin contributing at some point in the not too distant future.

That seems like a more likely plan.

TheMarkMadsen
01-15-2014, 07:23 PM
switch what allegiance? being a lebron fan? lol

it's no dirty secret that a lot of heat fans are just lebron fans who have been following him since cleveland

which is why you're all stans that should be put in the back of eminems trunk while he drives 90 down the freeway :confusedshrug:

Black and White
01-15-2014, 07:24 PM
Best case scenario would be to re-sign Deng to a semi-reasonable contract (4 years/$48 million is what I'm thinking), use the remaining $7-8 million on the best available FA ( Gortat would be a nice fit), then put together a package of young pieces/draft picks/cap relief for a third All-Star to put alongside Irving/Deng.

Everyone obviously wants Kevin Love and that would be shooting for the moon. But, it wouldn't necessarily have to be him.

That's my unrealistic best case scenario. The Cavs do have tons of flexibility with the cap and assets to make a big move. Hell, they already have put themselves in a far better position to sign one additional All Star by snatching up Deng's contract (thereby owning his Bird rights). Why not go for broke and try to really kick it up a notch?

A more realistic scenario is probably re-signing Deng, grabbing a guy like Gortat or whoever the best available FA option is, and then allowing Irving, Deng, Waiters, Thompson, Gortat(?), Varejao, Zeller, Jack, Delly(love this guy) and Miles to grow together.

Also, hope that Bennett and Karasev begin contributing at some point in the not too distant future.

That seems like a more likely plan.

Yep that seems like a good plan, Tristan is a quality player but I see his as a sixth man, the piece that I think you could put a package together for should be the PF spot, how about Greg Monroe?

Solefade
01-15-2014, 07:29 PM
which is why you're all stans that should be put in the back of eminems trunk while he drives 90 down the freeway :confusedshrug:

yeah okay, easy for you to say that as a lakers fan :rolleyes:

3LiftHeatCurse
01-15-2014, 07:32 PM
If Miami 3peats this year... you really think LeBron is abandoning a 3peat championship team, and giving up a chance to get a 4-peat, the 1st 4peat in the modern NBA>?

Black and White
01-15-2014, 07:34 PM
If Miami 3peats this year... you really think LeBron is abandoning a 3peat championship team, and giving up a chance to get a 4-peat, the 1st 4peat in the modern NBA>?

But if they lose this year it may get interesting.....

Solefade
01-15-2014, 07:35 PM
lebron ain't leaving pat riley and micky arison for dan gilbert

this is the same guy that fired mike brown and hired him again :lol

Replay32
01-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Lebron is not going back to Cleveland after this contract. Maybe on the downside of his career....MAYBE.

Y2ktors
01-15-2014, 07:54 PM
It's been reported that Bosh will most likely opt-in because he won't be able to make that type of money again. Bad move for the team but hey, he wants his money.

This as well as he might become expendable to Miami, as they would pick Wade and Lebron over him.

FaceSmack
01-15-2014, 07:54 PM

Knight is a combo guard and better served off the bench. He is what he is at this point

Giannis however, still has a lot of potential

IncarceratedBob
01-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Durant will join the Cavs once his contract is up and try to do what lebron couldn't.

Black and White
01-15-2014, 08:02 PM
Durant will join the Cavs once his contract is up and try to do what lebron couldn't.

Don't see it happening, but it would be fun to watch

moe94
01-15-2014, 08:08 PM

GOAT storyline.

Spaulding
01-15-2014, 08:22 PM
Oh I didn't see that lol, I'm not a mod. I wish haha, not sure why your post got deleted tho, what was the thread about?

oh...well never mind I got you confused with red and black :facepalm

uh it wasnt that important. just was curious because it seemed like an accident.

JohnFreeman
01-15-2014, 08:28 PM
I will be extremely surprised if he leaves.

niko
01-15-2014, 08:32 PM
So he's not reupping for 2 years in Miami to check out NY in 2 years? And Cleveland is back on? Can Stephen A keep his stories straight? He lost me when he said the Knicks could have got Aldridge and instead traded for Bargnani. :lol

Black and White
01-15-2014, 08:35 PM
So he's not reupping for 2 years in Miami to check out NY in 2 years? And Cleveland is back on? Can Stephen A keep his stories straight? He lost me when he said the Knicks could have got Aldridge and instead traded for Bargnani. :lol

He said that?? Damn. Btw Aldridge on the Knicks would be cool

Inferno
01-15-2014, 08:36 PM
So we'll have Cavs' fans since the Ice Age now?

Uncle Drew
01-15-2014, 08:41 PM
So we'll have Cavs' fans since the Ice Age now?
There are like five of us who post on a regular basis. :lol Watch that amount get duplicated by at least 200.

Derka
01-15-2014, 08:41 PM
I hate Stephen A, but he was on point with the Heat taking Lebron, Bosh and Wade and he was the guy yelling that Doc Rivers was suddenly a trade piece to the Clippers.

niko
01-15-2014, 08:43 PM
Yep. it was an example of the Knicks doing Melo wrong. It's completely made up, but definitely a mistake (albeit made up).

JohnFreeman
01-15-2014, 08:51 PM

Why would Aldridge want too go from a winning team to a bunch of scrubs?

Blue&Orange
01-16-2014, 10:37 AM
Heat getting old, over luxury tax and NBA cracking down on peds. Nobody would be surprised if Lebron bolts to a better situation.

Y2ktors
01-16-2014, 11:53 AM
:roll:
Heat getting old, over luxury tax and NBA cracking down on peds. Nobody would be surprised if Lebron bolts to a better situation.

Bosh will most likely opt-in.

Haslem has a player option that he'll most likely exercise.

Will Wade opt or in is a major question.

Cole's option was picked up.

The next biggest question will be: Is this enough to keep Lebron in Miami?

East_Stone_Ya
01-16-2014, 11:55 AM
what? hell no :no:

DukeDelonte13
01-16-2014, 01:17 PM
The cavs thing isn't so far fetched as people would make it out to be. People forget Lebron is from here, still lives here, just built an entire gym here, etc.

If he wasn't from NE Ohio of course it would be ridiculous, but it's his home.

I'm not holding my breath, but in all honesty not one person can say with a straight face Miami has the better basketball situation going forward. Lebron makes any team an instant championship contender, and the cavs as of right now have more talent on their roster than they did at anytime Lebron was in Cle.

Lebron going back to Cleveland would be just as if not more shocking than when he announced on live TV he was joining Wade and Bosh in Miami.

Regardless of what happens its going to be an exciting offseason.

Harison
01-16-2014, 01:22 PM
It would be possible if his departure would have been more or less on friendly terms. Now both he and franchise burned all the bridges, it would take a lot to overcome it.

Chances are extremely slim IMO, greater chance of Lebron joining another superstar (or two) in LA or similar :lol

RightToCensor
01-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Here is what my sources are telling me:

Lebron and Wade are confirmed to stay in Miami next year, both agreeing to their player option.

Bosh will take free agency by storm and look to get signed by a resurgent Raptors squad, his hometown Dallas team, or go upstate to Atlanta, GA; all with the same motive, become the #1 option again.

Lebron will stay as a Miami Heat until his Player Option expires, then hit Free Agency and rejoin his home-state Cleveland team.

Wade will retire as a Miami Heatle.

niko
01-16-2014, 01:43 PM

Lebron and Wade are confirmed to stay in Miami next year, both agreeing to their player option.

Bosh will take free agency by storm and look to get signed by a resurgent Raptors squad, his hometown Dallas team, or go upstate to Atlanta, GA; all with the same motive, become the #1 option again.

Lebron will stay as a Miami Heat until his Player Option expires, then hit Free Agency and rejoin his home-state Cleveland team.

The voices in your head do not qualify as sources dipshit.

secund2nun
01-16-2014, 01:45 PM
If Lebron does sign with Cleveland then they should go after Gasol as well next offseason and let Deng go.

The lineup would be

Varejao
Gasol
Lebron
Waiters (though they should trade him)
Irving

RightToCensor
01-16-2014, 01:46 PM
The voices in your head do not qualify as sources dipshit.
Please go back to North Korea with your boyfriend Lin.

IGNORED!

Mass Debator
01-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Sources are telling me that Wade is going to team up with Dirk, Melo, and Greg Monroe in Dallas.

Y2ktors
01-16-2014, 01:52 PM
It would be possible if his departure would have been more or less on friendly terms. Now both he and franchise burned all the bridges, it would take a lot to overcome it.

Chances are extremely slim IMO, greater chance of Lebron joining another superstar (or two) in LA or similar :lol

If LeBron wants to go back to Cleveland, then Dan Gilbert will give him whatever he wants. To hell with what happened 4 years ago. Gilbert will make it happen.

niko
01-16-2014, 03:12 PM
Please go back to North Korea with your boyfriend Lin.

IGNORED!
None of that made any sense dipshit. Lin is in your avatar.

Black and White
01-16-2014, 04:08 PM

Lol Sauces???? Where did you pull that from? Out of the sky?

Hoopz2332
08-27-2014, 08:23 PM
The cavs thing isn't so far fetched as people would make it out to be. People forget Lebron is from here, still lives here, just built an entire gym here, etc.

If he wasn't from NE Ohio of course it would be ridiculous, but it's his home.

I'm not holding my breath, but in all honesty not one person can say with a straight face Miami has the better basketball situation going forward. Lebron makes any team an instant championship contender, and the cavs as of right now have more talent on their roster than they did at anytime Lebron was in Cle.

Lebron going back to Cleveland would be just as if not more shocking than when he announced on live TV he was joining Wade and Bosh in Miami.

Regardless of what happens its going to be an exciting offseason.

:applause:

Hey Yo
08-27-2014, 08:31 PM
If Lebron does sign with Cleveland then they should go after Gasol as well next offseason and let Deng go.

The lineup would be

Varejao
Gasol
Lebron
Waiters (though they should trade him)
Irving
Why settle for Gasol when you can get Love.

:cheers:

Meticode
08-27-2014, 08:35 PM
what? hell no :no:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6yrn9ZVCV1qh2o7zo1_500.gif