PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Griffin for K.Love?

Aidz
01-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Regardless of whether Timberolves say yes (I'm guessing they would because I doubt a better offer is coming their way), would you trade Griffin for Love if you were the Clippers?

Love is the perfect complement to D.Jordan. Jordan and Blake can't win a championship together. Paul could also set up Love for A LOT of 3 pointers. Love and Jordan would be an elite rebounding duo.

G-Funk
01-15-2014, 06:27 PM
Yes but Clippers are to stupid to do it.

Uncle Drew
01-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Hell yes. CP3 and Love pick & roll/pop. :eek:

Owl
01-15-2014, 06:40 PM
Yes, because Love is substantially better (as well as better fit). The only issues are
1) Are you confident Love re-signs? Some people are talking that he wants to be in Cali/LA/on the Lakers, how real this is/whether its Lakers specific etc matters.
and
2) Can you squeeze a little more out of Minny (just because they're somewhat weak on leverage)? But I wouldn't be too aggressive on this because there are a bunch of other teams that would love to have Love (so unless Love is going to say "I'll only play for a small handful of teams, X, Y and Z" then being forced to outbid other teams is Minny's leverage).

So anyway yes I'd do that.

Black and White
01-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Yes, Clippers make out like bandits if this happens.

Aidz
01-15-2014, 06:47 PM
Yes, because Love is substantially better (as well as better fit). The only issues are
1) Are you confident Love re-signs? Some people are talking that he wants to be in Cali/LA/on the Lakers, how real this is/whether its Lakers specific etc matters.
and
2) Can you squeeze a little more out of Minny (just because they're somewhat weak on leverage)? But I wouldn't be too aggressive on this because there are a bunch of other teams that would love to have Love (so unless Love is going to say "I'll only play for a small handful of teams, X, Y and Z" then being forced to outbid other teams is Minny's leverage).

So anyway yes I'd do that.

It's well documented Love wants to play in LA, whether rumour or not. I can't see how he'd prefer Lakers over Clippers. Would you rather play with Chris Paul and get 20 open shots per night or would you rather clean up old man Kobe's misses?

I see two things stopping this trade.
1) Clippers are too scared + Griffin is young face of franchise.
2) Griffin doesn't necessarily fit the Wolves' old school, passing, teamwork offence. Although I think he would work with any decent PG. They'd just have to trade Pekovic for a stretch big. Basically the same problem as Clippers currently have.

MavsSuperFan
01-15-2014, 06:53 PM
If I was the wolves, absolutely.

Akrazotile
01-15-2014, 07:03 PM
No.

Not crazy about Love's attitude, nor confident that his game translates well into playoff basketball. Griffin has his own limitations so I'm not saying that I wouldn't trade him for the right deal, but I don't believe Kevin Love would be it. Moreover, just because Griffin and Jordan aren't an idea fit doesn't mean Griffin is the one that has to move.

It's funny though, how people select their criteria so subjectively for judging players. If a wing player is putting up great stats on a team that never makes the playoffs, he gets crushed, call overrated, empty stats, can't lead a team etc. Or if players who make the playoffs are being compared, people will use how far they've gotten in the playoffs as a barometer. The idiot mind always needs something more easily condensed, like team success, to "contribute" to a discussion of player value.

But for some reason these SAME people who use "team record" as their entire argument in other scenarios don't do the same thing with Love. Granted they shouldn't use it with Love or with anyone, but at least be consistent about being an idiot. Otherwise you're both an idiot AND a hypocrite.

Black and White
01-15-2014, 07:06 PM
No.

Not crazy about Love's attitude, nor confident that his game translates well into playoff basketball. Griffin has his own limitations so I'm not saying that I wouldn't trade him for the right deal, but I don't believe Kevin Love would be it. Moreover, just because Griffin and Jordan aren't an idea fit doesn't mean Griffin is the one that has to move.

It's funny though, how people select their criteria so subjectively for judging players. If a wing player is putting up great stats on a team that never makes the playoffs, he gets crushed, call overrated, empty stats, can't lead a team etc. Or if players who make the playoffs are being compared, people will use how far they've gotten in the playoffs as a barometer. The idiot mind always needs something more easily condensed, like team success, to "contribute" to a discussion of player value.

But for some reason these SAME people who use "team record" as their entire argument in other scenarios don't do the same thing with Love. Granted they shouldn't use it with Love or with anyone, but at least be consistent about being an idiot. Otherwise you're both an idiot AND a hypocrite.

Aren't you the guy that said prime and peak are the same thing? and that rings are a popularity contest? Bit of a hypocrite calling other people idiots :rolleyes:

Akrazotile
01-15-2014, 07:09 PM
Aren't you the guy that said prime and peak are the same thing? and that rings are a popularity contest? Bit of a hypocrite calling other people idiots :rolleyes:

Umm, I said MVP, FMVP, All-NBA etc. are popularity contests. I called rings a team achievement.

You're either very well aware of that and are blatantly trying to save face after I thoroughly embarrassed your understanding of basketball in another thread or you are TERRIBLE at reading basic English.

Which is it?

"Peak" is a redundant criteria for idiots who need to rely on stats to give opinions because they can't articulate any. We all know when a player's prime is. You really need to narrow it down further into one great game or one great playoff run or one great season? How many players are average for their first 5 years and then have an epic "peak" and then go back to being average?

You're a fool and I'm glad you showed up in this thread so that I could show everyone.

Black and White
01-15-2014, 07:11 PM
Umm, I said MVP, FMVP, All-NBA etc. are popularity contests. I called rings a team achievement.

You're either very well aware of that and are blatantly trying to save face after I thoroughly embarrassed your understanding of basketball in another thread or you are TERRIBLE at reading basic English.

Which is it?

Thats funny because I remember everyone else calling you an idiot in that thread as well, I didn't have to say much, you exposed yourself as a fool on your own :lol

Lebron23
01-15-2014, 07:12 PM
If I was the wolves, absolutely.

If I was the Clippers, absolutely not. Griffin is playing the best basketball of his NBA Career since his rookie season. He's still a very productive player without CP3.

Akrazotile
01-15-2014, 07:15 PM
Thats funny because I remember everyone else calling you an idiot in that thread as well, I didn't have to say much, you exposed yourself as a fool on your own :lol

Congratulations, you are on the side of pea-brained masses. External reassurance is the fool's most prized possession.

I know you can't comprehend what I've just said so I'll be more succinct for your benefit: you = moron

Black and White
01-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Congratulations, you are on the side of pea-brained masses. External reassurance is the fool's most prized possession.

I know you can't comprehend what I've just said so I'll be more succinct for your benefit: you = moron

:roll: :roll: :roll: That post you made resorted to attacking other posters and now you just did it again, do you lash out when you get your feelings hurt? You have been exposed as a fool,

tell me,

What's the difference between prime and peak? You thought peak was one game :lol

oarabbus
01-15-2014, 07:21 PM

Which is it?

"Peak" is a redundant criteria for idiots who need to rely on stats to give opinions because they can't articulate any. We all know when a player's prime is. You really need to narrow it down further into one great game or one great playoff run or one great season? How many players are average for their first 5 years and then have an epic "peak" and then go back to being average?

You're a fool and I'm glad you showed up in this thread so that I could show everyone.

:facepalm Wow, you really don't understand the concept of peak, particularly when it comes to greats, do you?

Akrazotile
01-15-2014, 07:27 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: That post you made resorted to attacking other posters and now you just did it again, do you lash out when you get your feelings hurt? You have been exposed as a fool,

tell me,

What's the difference between prime and peak? You thought peak was one game :lol

I've demonstrated my points thoroughly in this thread, continuing to bicker would simply be a surrender of dignity. While that is befitting of someone like you, it is unworthy of me. All you have left is to intentionally twist my words to save face. Not that you had anything else from the very beginning. I don't need the last word to validate the points I've made, whereas you need all the help you can get.

Here man. Go on ahead.

Black and White
01-15-2014, 07:27 PM
I've demonstrated my points thoroughly in this thread, continuing to bicker would simply be a surrender of dignity. While that is befitting of someone like you, it is unworthy of me. I don't need the last word to validate the points I've made, whereas you need all the help you can get.

Here man. Go on ahead.

You proved you are an idiot again, trying to palm of peak as nothing. :facepalm Your stupidity never fails to amaze me, keep attacking other posters tho, they will also expose you.

Replay32
01-15-2014, 07:33 PM
No.

Blake has just as much if not more impact at the PF position compared to Kevin Love.

And Griffin puts more fans in the seats. No way I would do that trade if I was the Clippers. I would if I was the wolves.

Darius
01-15-2014, 10:19 PM
At the beginning of the year I would have said yes, no question.

But the last 15 games Griffin is putting up 26/10/4 on 54%/72% shooting.

He's rediscovered his rookie magic.

I'd still probably do it though because Love and Cp3 would fit together so perfectly.

senelcoolidge
01-16-2014, 05:24 AM
I wouldn't trade Griffin. He's becoming a better perimeter player. Hes improved defensively...Love gives you nothing on defense. He's becoming a reliable FT shooter. It's not all about stats. Griffin does little things that make his teammates better. Just his motor and hustle helps the Clippers win games.

buddha
01-16-2014, 06:50 AM
Kevin Love better than Blake Griffin? lol.. okay.

But if LA wants to trade a 20/10 PF that plays little to no defense for a 20/10 PF that chucks shots and plays even less defense then yes they should trade.

Lordsteven
01-16-2014, 06:58 AM
id rather have kevin love. dude is a lot more well rounded than griffin. griffin barely improving his jump shot and offensive skillset

moe94
01-16-2014, 07:05 AM
Kevin Love better than Blake Griffin? lol.. okay.

But if LA wants to trade a 20/10 PF that plays little to no defense for a 20/10 PF that chucks shots and plays even less defense then yes they should trade.

25/13 59 TS% grows on trees. :rolleyes:

B-hoop
01-16-2014, 07:56 AM
I am pretty sure if Kevin Love played for the Clippers yesterday they would have lost the game to the Mavs..

kshutts1
01-16-2014, 08:00 AM
The Wolves would do that in a heartbeat.

But the Clippers would be stupid to do it. We can argue about who's better, Love or Griffin... but there is no argument about which player is worth more in terms of promotion, endorsements, fan excitement, etc.

So even if their production is similar (and I actually have Griffin as being the better player anyway) there is no similarity whatsoever in their marketing potential.

Doctor Jay
01-16-2014, 08:37 AM
You're right about the whole marketing thing, but just looking at pure performance and fitting the roster, I think the clips would do this, just to get a big guy with shooting abilities beyond the post to make CP3 even more dangerous in the clutch time.

C - Deandre Jordan
PF - Kevin Love
SF - Jared Dudley
SG - J.J. Reddick
PG - Chris Paul

C - Pekovic
PF - Griffin
SF - Brewer
SG - Martin
PG - Rubio

In my opinion this trade would make both teams better. The Clips will not run the Jordan/Blake-Combo in long term after the experience they are making this season and BG could develope to a real first option player in Minny.

I<3NBA
01-16-2014, 08:54 AM
No. because it's De Andre I would like to trade. imagine Blake + K. Love running with CP3 :eek:

wally_world
01-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Yes. But they wont because the Clips care more about selling tickets than winning championships.

GoranDragon
01-16-2014, 11:20 AM
Clippers say yes. Wolves say no.

Fiasco
01-16-2014, 08:04 PM
lol no

WallIn
01-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Clippers would be stupid to trade Blake, guy is still developing. He already has an improved post game, mid-range jumpshot and free-throw shooting.